Blooming_Earth
2019-06-26, 03:06 PM
School divination; Level paladin 4, bloodrager 4

Casting Time standard action
Components V, S

Range personal
Duration 1 round/level or until discharged
Saving Throw Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance no

This spell allows you to charge up power by learning from your mistakes. Every time you miss during the duration mark it down. At any point during the spell's duration you can declare an all out attack as a standard action, discharging the spell. This attack allows you to add damage equal to the weapon damage of the weapon that missed multiplied by the amount of times the attack missed during previous rounds. This extra damage is not multiplied on a critical hit.

In order to benefit from the effects of this spell, you must use a weapon that missed during the duration. If you missed while using multiple weapons during the duration before discharging the spell, you must choose one weapon to discharge the spell with as you attack with that weapon.

Please feel free to give input on not just the effects of the spell, but who gets it and at what spell level. I tried to take into account that at spell level 1-2 a Bloodrager could cast this as part of the same free action to enter Greater Bloodrage. Let me know if you think the spell would still be fair as a level 1 or 2 spell. Also, should I expand this spell to allow classes who cap out at more than 4 levels of spells? Do you agree based on the flavor that the spell should be divination?

Ethereal Gears
2019-06-26, 04:31 PM
Considering the amount of set-up required to really get going with this spell, I think it would be fine at level 2, even considering your note about Bloodragers. I think divination is fine as a school. In truth, this could almost but turned into a feat chain or something, since ostensibly there wouldn't need to be anything magical going on for this to happen. It's totally acceptable as a spell though, imo. I feel like this could be fine to expand to bards and magi as well; maybe make it 3rd-level for them, dunno? It should probably be fine at 2 across the board.

Since the attack you make with this spell is a special action, it can't be combined with Vital Strike or any shenanigans like that, so I don't see any way for this to become busted, and on paper it feels like a fairly low-powered spell. The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think maybe even 1st-level would be balanced for this.

Blooming_Earth
2019-06-27, 06:51 PM
Alright, how about 1st level for Bloodrager/Paladin, 2nd level for Magus/Bard? Then everyone gets it at class level 4

Ethereal Gears
2019-06-27, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I think that sounds reasonable. Unless there are any crazy synergistic interactions I haven't considered, it should be totally fine.