PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Roaring Mouse Discipline [Path of War, homebrew]

Kris Moonhand
2019-07-10, 11:41 PM
EDIT: Hey y'all, I've gotten a lot of emails and private messages about the link being down, and that is on purpose. I'm happy to report that Roaring Mouse has been published! It underwent a fair few changes since the version that was in that link, so I took it down to prevent confusion. If you'd like to check it out, it's now part of Akasha Reshaped: Path of Enlightenment, available on drivethrurpg (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/361495/Akasha-Reshaped-Path-of-Enlightenment). It also contains another familiar face from the forums, the Epilektoi (previously known as the Saint), a reimagining of the Crusader from 3.5's Tome of Battle. Plus, there's a whole lot more in there. Remember martial scripts and the crown of white ravens from ToB?

I'll also confirm that everything is going to be on the Library, once I get through my backlog. Watch out for it in late July 2021, if all goes well.

I've made a new discipline for Path of War, the Roaring Mouse! This discipline focuses on mainly on crowd control and status effects, with a minor focus on teamwork. It's in the same vein as roguish disciplines like Shattered Mirror, Cursed Razor, and Steel Serpent (though I hope I've struck a nice balance that doesn't fall into the pit that Steel Serpent finds itself in).

Currently, I still need to write a new intro paragraph (the first one I wrote was... too long) and get the discipline a Tradition. Other than that, it's got all the maneuvers needed for a full discipline as well as a Style feat chain and a couple of related feats that combo the discipline with curse maneuvers (Eternal Guardian, Cursed Razor) and Golden Lion.

Comments, feedback, and playtest data are welcome!

continuumg
2019-07-11, 04:38 PM
I love it!

Miss Disaster
2019-07-11, 05:10 PM
Love the sheer complexity of the discipline .... and its unique mechanics and reliance on Escape Artist checks. I'll test a decked-out NPC out against my players next session to see how it plays out. Thank you!

Kris Moonhand
2019-07-13, 07:07 AM
Glad you like it! And I look forward to hearing about your game. I hope your players enjoy (or possibly hate) fighting a Roaring Mouser~