PDA

View Full Version : Be the Epic weapon! (requires unearthed arcana)

borninbones
2007-10-09, 01:26 PM
I just want to see what everyone thought of this class/race that I came up with. In the one game I used it in, it was a lot of fun. Personally I think it is extremely overpowered but it was still a lot of fun. Why carry the holy avenger when you can BE the holy avenger!?

Characters as Weapons. Each character picks a magical weapon or shield as a character base. They can take character levels which will benefit the wielder and the weapon depending on the circumstances. As in the monk flurry of blows will only benefit the wielder but wizard spellcasting will only benefit the weapon. In all cases if it cannot affect the weapon only then does it automatically affects the wielder. Hp from character levels does not increase, only from Weapon levels described below, as does hardness. All weapons are made from Steel or Magical Wood.

Roll Int Wis Cha
HD is 1d6 per level
Senses increase at every other level
Ego is +1 per character level
Level 1- see/hear 30 feet or as dominated creature and you are a +1 weapon with speach. Once per day (and once more at every four levels) you can summon a skeletal wielder which is as the skeleton warrior from the MM. This warrior advances under the Skeletal Minion from Unearthed Arcana.

Level 2- no new abilites

Level 3- 60 ft see/hear +1special ability

Level 4- Hardness increases +3 and again at every four levels (+6 at 8, +9 at 12, etc to a total +15 at level 20) also gains first lesser power

Level 5- 120 see/hear +2 weapon

Level 6- 2nd lesser power

Level 7- sight and hearing extended to normal human range, +2 special ability (this replaces the +1 special ability or can be an additional +1 special ability)

Level 8- 3rd Lesser Power

Level 9- 30 foot darkvision, +3 weapon

Level 10- Telepathy

Level 11- 60 foot darkvision +3 special ability (this replaces the +2 special ability or can be an additional +1 special ability or can be 3 +1 special abilities)

Level 12- 4th and final Lesser Power

Level 13- 120 ft darkvision, +4 weapon

Level 14- 1st Greater Power

Level 15- 30ft blindsense, +4 special ability (this replaces the +3 special ability or can be some combination of special abilities totaling no more then +4)

Level 16- 2nd Greater Power

Level 17- 60ft blindsense, +5 weapon

Level 18- 3rd and final Greater Power

Level 19- 120ft blindsense +5 Special ability (this replaces the +4 special ability or can be some combination of special abilities totaling no more then +5

Level 20- Special Purpose and Dedicated Power

So whatdya think?

borninbones
2007-10-09, 01:38 PM
Weapon Groups have their own special abilities. (page 94 of unearthed arcana)

Crossbows- As a Lesser Power can take auto reload (kind of a created magical effect, crossbow reloads itself as a free action)

Light Blades- As a Lesser Power can take the ability to grant +1d6 to sneak attack damage

Basic Weapons- As a Lesser Power can take the ability to grant +1 to arcane spellcasting class

Maces and Clubs- As a Lesser Power can take the ability to grant +1 to smite

Slings and Thrown weapons- Can take flight for weapon only as a greater power (20'/rnd good)

Axes- As a Lesser power can take Improved Sunder

Picks and Hammers- As a Greater power can grant burrow 20' to wielder

Exotic Double Weapons- As a Lesser power can take Two Weapon Weaponing without meeting Prereq's

Heavy Blades- As a Greater Power can take Spell Resistance 5+Weapon Level

Spears and Lances- As a Lesser Power can take a spell-like ability to cast Mount 1/day or one additional time per day

Bows- As a Lesser Power can take Far Shot, even if prerequisites not met

Polarms- Can take Improved Trip as a lesser power

Druid/Wood Weapons- As a Lesser Power can take +1 to divine spellcasting class

Exotic Weapons- Blindsense is changed to Blindsight

Claw- As a Greater power can grant climb 20' to wielder

Flails and Chains- As a lesser power can take Improved Disarm without meeting Prerequisites

Monk- Can take Defending as a lesser power without counting towards special ablility limit

borninbones
2007-10-09, 01:39 PM
While I never figured out how to work it, I was thinking of having different materials being kind of a racial adjustment.