PDA

View Full Version : Eye of Illusions (Epic Artifact)

Triaxx
2007-10-09, 07:48 PM
In ages past, legends tell of a powerful sorceror against whom the magic of other's failed completely. Though his name is lost to history, his apprentice was gifted the wonderous charm which granted him the power to shrug off the most powerful of spells as if they were nothing. The apprentice, unable to fully unlock it's power passed it on to his son, and it in turn was passed through the generations until it was lost in the midst of a battle against demons.

Eye of Illusions

Worn as an amulet, or belt, the eye seems to have a life of it's own. Damaging spells cast on the user are absorbed. Effect spells with a save are automatically rolled against, and defeated. No save spells are simply ignored. Time Stop is as easily affected as Cure Light Wounds.

The Eye of Illusions is also capable of piercing them, granting it's wearer True Seeing at will.

Unfortunately, a character cannot have the Eye removed by any other person. A character that dies wearing it cannot be raised except by direct intervention by a deity, using a wish, or miracle spell to request aid. The Eye cannot be removed until the body has been dead one month. At this time, the eye will seperate and can be transferred to a new body.

Any caster attempting a spell while wearing the Eye must make a DC 25 + spell level concentration check.

Note:Additionally, all supernatural abilities and spell-like abilities are treated as spells for determining absorbtion. Psionics are also considered magic, though gaze attacks are not counted.

---

Suitably over-powered? Or should I soup it up some more? It's being constructed for an NPC, but with a very, very high charisma chance to talk him out of it.

Arakune
2007-10-09, 07:52 PM
Make the eye stop the own character magical/su/sp/psi/whatever ability, requiring a DC 18 + spell level concentration check to cast spells.

Balkash
2007-10-09, 07:55 PM
i like the idea, my question is just, the Eye of Illusions... wheres the illusions?

and i agree with the concentration check thing, though since this thing is epic... umm, maybe a concentration check of like 25ish.

DraPrime
2007-10-09, 08:23 PM
i like the idea, my question is just, the Eye of Illusions... wheres the illusions?

I was going to ask that. The Eye of Life, Eye of Protection, or Eye of Eternal Death (because of what happens if you die with it) are all more logical names.

Arakune
2007-10-09, 08:25 PM
OR, the 'illusions' are that apparently the spell works (visual effects, if applicable, indicate that it worked).:smallwink:

reorith
2007-10-09, 08:45 PM
why don't gaze attacks count?

Triaxx
2007-10-10, 10:14 AM
I never thought of that. I figured it'd be the kind of thing you'd find a fighter carrying.

DC 25+spell level to cast while wearing it.

As for the Illusions part, I forgot that it gives True Seeing at will, so you can see through illusions.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-10, 01:34 PM
I like it, though even though there is the whole true seeing thing going on... it seems rather forced, as if you are trying to make the item fit the name, rather than the opposite. Maybe the Eye of Truth? Eye of Eternity? Eye of Istus? Charm of Prator?

Triaxx
2007-10-10, 04:37 PM
Originally it projected a null magic zone. If you walked in wearing magic armor, it just locked up on you, and you could dispel any illusions. I decided it was too Uber.