PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Wizard of Oz d&difed [PEACH]

sleepyhead
2019-07-22, 09:17 PM
There were comment about it so I should mention that this isn't meant to be balanced exactly. Some races are stronger then others and that's okay.

Thinking about this for a bit figured I'd get it down somewhere.

Strawmen- warforged subrace
Strawmen farmed during war then got freedom to do whatever after it was over, many got decommissioned for work of other races
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2.
Farmers weapon training You gain proficiency using sickles and pitchforks.
Damage Resistances You are resistant to bludgeoning and piercing from nonmagical weapons.
Damage Vulnerabilities You are vulnerable to fire

Pitchfork 2 gp 1d6 piercing 4 lb. Thrown (range 20/60), versatile (1d8)
https://oz.fandom.com/wiki/Scarecrow?file=Character-scarecrow.jpg

Winged Monkey
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
Age. Winged Monkeys reach maturity by age 3. Compared to humans, flying monkeys don’t usually live longer than 14 years.
Alignment. Tend to be lawful and often very between good and evil.
Size. Your size is small.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
Flight. You have a flying speed of 50 feet. To use this speed, you can’t be wearing medium or heavy armor.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/R~kAAOxyaTxRN-XA/s-l300.jpg

China Persons WIP
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your charisma score increases by 1, your Strength score is decreased by 6 and your Constitution by 6.
Porcelain Resilience. You were created to
have remarkable fortitude, represented by the
following benefits:
• You have advantage on saving throws against
being poisoned, and you have resistance to
poison damage.
• You are immune to disease.
• You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
• You don't lose heath when leveling up based on a negative Constitution score
Fragile Nature. Whenever you gain health based off level you always gain the minimum amount of health.
Age. China People reach maturity similar to humans. They stop aging at their prime.
Alignment. Tend to be lawful and neutral.
Size. Your size is tiny.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
False Appearance. While a China Person remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from an ordinary porcelain doll.
Mendable. You heal from a mending spell. Gain health normally from spells like cure wounds.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common.
https://oz.fandom.com/wiki/China_Girl?file=China_girl.png

Spells

Bubble
2nd-level conjuration
(Bard, Sorcerer, Wizard)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S
Duration: Up to 10 minutes
Target gets surrounded in a floating bubble caster can move the bubble 30ft in any direction with a bonus action. The target must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be bubbled for the duration. At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Strength saving throw. On a success, the spell ends on the target.

The bubble can carry an additional creature with higher spell slots spent 3rd level for 2, 4th level for 3, and 5th for 4.
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/a9/9b/c5/a99bc536195e7361161c75c6a9beaf8e--fantasy-wizard-glinda-the-good-witch.jpg

JNAProductions
2019-07-23, 07:34 PM
So, yeah. Always-on Rage is far too good as a racial, and as a SUBRACE feature? Good lord!

Winged Monkey feels underpowered.

Bubble is unclear. When do they make the saving throw? What's the range on the bubbles? Because right now, it looks like one failed Strength Save lets you move someone up to 3,000'. Possibly straight up.

sleepyhead
2019-07-23, 11:21 PM
Yeah forgot to mention this isn't suppose to be balanced per say just most thematic to the stories/movies(mostly movies). Slashing seems like it would be okay to remove just a bit tedious to keep track of.

Winged Monkey feels underpowered.
They are basically aarakocra with less languages and small size, but I agree.
I'll try to whip up something neat for them.

Also more saves for those who have been bubbled.

igordragonian
2019-07-24, 01:06 PM
strawmen-
Damage Resistances You are resistant to bludgeoning and piercing from nonmagical weapons.
I think that at lower level it's broken, though I understand the fluff

flight also is a big deal

the procelain ok-ish?

well, if it'sshouldn't be balanced. how would you like us to review it?

sleepyhead
2019-07-24, 02:15 PM
well, if it'sshouldn't be balanced. how would you like us to review it?

Yeah I was think about this and I have no clue. I kinda just put myself into a corner. Guess how accurate it is and/or how I could improve things.

On flight most people seem to think it's alright JNAProductions even suggested the winged monkeys were underpowered.

sleepyhead
2019-07-24, 09:37 PM
So, yeah. Always-on Rage is far too good as a racial, and as a SUBRACE feature? Good lord!

So I was thinking and would making it so they couldn't wear armor would make up for this? Ik they could rank it up with magic if they went caster but, this would allow for the Strawmen to be able to be martial characters if they are only taking half damage right?

JNAProductions
2019-07-24, 09:41 PM
So I was thinking and would making it so they couldn't wear armor would make up for this? Ik they could rank it up with magic if they went caster but, this would allow for the Strawmen to be able to be martial characters if they are only taking half damage right?

No. That's just straight-up too powerful a racial feature to give. Lacking armor is minor for a lot of people, a difference of 0-3 points of AC (and when your AC ain't the highest, a few points don't matter) for ridiculous damage mitigation.