PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Need Playtesters and Know-it-All's!

themadpoet
2019-07-27, 04:35 PM
I'm not exactly sure which forum this would best go in. So I hope the mods forgive me but I picked the one I thought would be most appropriate.

Luna Publishing is a small husband and wife team that has successfully been funded on Kickstarter to release our campaign setting, Memento Mori. It is a dark fantasy, victorian gothic themed setting that we have worked on several years and have had the pleasure of making a TON of homebrew content for that we are now in the process of getting to print.

Here is where I need help. We have playtested MOST of the material in a live game environment and are 90% sure it is pretty well balanced, and most importantly pretty fun. However that is our table.

I need a few people who are VERY familiar with the 5e ruleset to take a look at some of our work, playtest it themselves in a LIVE environment, and then let me know how it went. Help me find any loopholes I may have missed, any wording that is difficult to understand, and most importantly share their suggestions to fix it. This will all be done over a secret playtest forum and I will be happy to reward anyone who helps with their name as a playtester in the final book, as well as a PDF copy of it when they are ready and finished.

If you want to see what you are getting into you can visit the successful Kickstarter link Kck.st/2VPEWC3

If you are interested please leave a message below and answer these questions for me:

How long have you played RPG's?
Are you primarily a DM or Player?
How familiar are you with 5e rules?
How much playtesting will you be able to do in the next few weeks?
Are you willing to make lengthy statements on a forum and suggest fixes?

I am in need of three to five extra testers. I appreciate anyone who is willing to help, but I can only accept a few. Thank you everyone.

BerzerkerUnit
2019-07-30, 09:23 AM
Aloha, I'm interested.

How long have you played RPG's?
20+ years

Are you primarily a DM or Player?
I have a fair balance in history, when I DM I tend to DM a lot, when I play, I play alot. I'm always worldbuilding and writing though. Currently in a player phase after a year of mostly DMing.

How familiar are you with 5e rules?
Very.

How much playtesting will you be able to do in the next few weeks?
A lot (currently looking for work). I've tested a lot of my own stuff in solo play scenarios or had players in my homegames play things out for me. Samples of my work can be found here (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?keywords=matthew+conlon&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=)

Are you willing to make lengthy statements on a forum and suggest fixes?
Yes. I have a degree in Education, I'm familiar with critique and suggestion. If you have a preferred format, graphic organizer, etc, I'll gladly make use of it.