PDA

View Full Version : 1, 2, freddy's coming for you

Skelengar
2007-10-10, 05:27 PM
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1202/Mptv/1202/mptv_jb_10.jpg.html?path=gallery&path_key=0087800

Basically, I have an idea for an encounter. It's a work in progress, and is designed for an undead heavy campaign.

The PCs have a powerful necromantic artifact, stolen from a necromancer, who summons Freddy Kruger to kill the pcs for him. That night, Freddie pulls.

You stand in a boiler room, with pipes running around. Before you can wonder why you all in the same dream, you hear a voice from behind you, and turn around to see a burnt, disfigured man in a green and red striped sweater, a brown fedora, and a clawed leather glove.

Resonance from the artifact interferes with Freddy's control over the dream. At the end of each round, the dream will shift to someone else, determined by a d(however many characters there are). If Freddie is in control of the dream, he can manipulate the environment to his liking, he has regeneration, and damage is determined as normal. If one of the PC's is in control of the dream, the environment reflects their personality, and all others have damage dealt and taken converted to nonlethal damage. Freddy always deals and takes lethal damage, but he still can't do lethal damage to someone whose damage is being converted to nonlethal.

I think it's cool. All it needs is stats for Freddy.

How it would probably start in my campaign (Sjach is an NPC)
Ajir Gix: Shouldn't we be worried that we're stuck in a nightmare? Don't we die in real life if we die in here?
Sjach: This is D&D not Nightmare on Elm Street.
Voice from behind: True, but I branched out.
Sjach: Oh ****, It's Jason Vorhees!
Freddy: Just for that I'm going to kill you first.
Sjach: I was just kidding. You're Leatherface, aren't you?
Freddy: ...
Sjach: Buffy the Vampire slayer?
Freddy: What the ****?
Sjach: Okay, I'll admit I was just guessing on that last one.

Skelengar
2007-10-12, 10:35 AM
Okay, maybe i should have stated it a bit more explicitly. I haven't actually seen any of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, and have no experience making a monster from scratch, so could someone make stats for Freddy Kruger?

Kaelaroth
2007-10-12, 01:24 PM
Hello.

Though I am too wiped to bother making up a monster now, I can recommend these things:

1. WATCH THE MOVIES! It'll help.

2. Psionics and Spellcasters probably find their powers enhanced within the dream.

3. He can teleport at will, become invisible, and change shape.

Skelengar
2007-10-12, 09:42 PM
thanks for the tips, didn't think of spellcasting/psionics bonus. Double thanks for not forgetting to mention psionics. They don't get as much attention as spellcasters.

Now to get a copy of the movies... if my mom would ever let me.

Machete
2007-10-12, 10:29 PM
The local video store should have them all for rent very cheap.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-13, 12:28 PM
thanks for the tips, didn't think of spellcasting/psionics bonus. Double thanks for not forgetting to mention psionics. They don't get as much attention as spellcasters.

Now to get a copy of the movies... if my mom would ever let me.

If she doesn't let you, you should get to a friend's house and watch 'em there. No young person should ever miss out on the bad dreams generated by that movie.

*shudder*

*hides behind sofa*

*cries and cowers* :smalleek: