PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k Fan-Made Kroot Kodex

Celticbear
2019-08-21, 04:17 PM
First up some disclaimers about the supplement, there is a parody statement at the beginning of the document stating that I don't own anything inside, and that it is simply a fan made parody. As per giant's rules on posting copyrighted material, I do not in any way describe at length the rules, phases, or how to play Warhammer 40k 8th edition, and all of the stat blocks held inside the document have been altered from their original stats, so it should be okay under the copyright rule.

Second up, explanation. The Kroot, in eighth edition, suck. They're benign and meager units whose only purpose is to be a meat shield for their T'au overlords, and they're so bad at that most players won't field them. Their fluff however paints a different story: a technologically inferior race that just discovered interstellar travel that got wrapped into the Galaxy's major conflicts. A race that still practices shamantic ancestral worship, and one that uses guerrilla tactics to outsmart and outstealth their foes. However, due to them remaining in the shadow of the T'au empire, the chances of Games Workshop releasing their own codex are slim to none.

Which is why I have taken it upon myself to create a fan-made Kroot Codex (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N0S0GEOyEWJbJI7cpP8k8fY1P9BZPUG54P_r4THURmg/edit?usp=sharing), using only the models that GW still produces. Inside are a Psychic Powers List, altered Stat Blocks, Altered Point Costs, Kroot Kindred Abilities, Warlord Traits, and Relics all for the Kroot. I hope I can find fellows in the cult following of this Xeno species who like it and other 40k aficionados to help me refine the Codex. Please post below anything you'd like to add as well as criticism, any and all will be accepted!