PDA

View Full Version : Mafia V Mk II - Return of the Narrator (Awards show!!!)

Pages : 1 [2]

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-30, 04:15 AM
Points at Evnafets

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-30, 10:59 AM
8 Hours for Voting:
Current Vote as of Post #254:
Evnafets 5 8 votes
Whitehelm 3 votes
Androgial 1 vote
Fleeing Coward 1 vote

2 more players to vote!
Still on the hook for autolynch:
Androgial
Traveling Angel

Also - Let's see who's paying attention, one of today's voters will receive an item that may help in the search for the falcon.

Jontom Xire
2007-10-30, 11:16 AM
Urk, just realised that there is a tie voting for Evnafets (how?) So I'm going to change my point to Evnafets.

==EDIT==

Anyone pointing at Whitehelm AFTER Supagoof declared Evnafets as suspicious is suspicious:

Emporer Demonking
Raiser B1ade
Trix
Endeavourl

Raiser Blade
2007-10-30, 12:18 PM
Well jontom i'm sorry but i didn't really read the arguments. Why is evnafets more suspicous than whitehelm? I'm fine with lynching him but i don't like to bandwagon jump without a good reason. Evidence plox kthnxby!

Oh apparently supagoof had a scry. Okay then *point at evnafets

At first i thought it was just a blind accusation.

Emperor Demonking
2007-10-30, 12:52 PM
"!Supergoof had a scry at evnafets is it so hard to say that. Whitehelm. I still have my eye on you."

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-30, 07:04 PM
Point at evnfets JX seems to know what he's doing.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-30, 07:27 PM
Evening, the sun is setting and the tips are flying.

She has the falcon. He has the falcon. Gunshots in the middle of the night. The morgue is filling almost as fast as the jail. Significant players go missing. Elections, corruption, fixed fights, broken legs.

A warehouse by the docks, surrounded by the police. They set off dynamite trying to open the front door. There is evidence Evnafets has been dabbling in affairs of an extralegal nature. Illegal activities. Links to a murder. Political corruption. Graft.

The police chief frowned. He really hated that young FBI agent. He resented Agent Fairchilde for coming to the city, and resented all his benefactors being arrested. But… he knew which side his bread was buttered on.

The chief grabbed a megaphone and yelled into it: “Come on out with your hand’s up! We have the house surrounded!”

---------------------------------

The amber liquid sparkled in the glass.
Now was it half empty or half full?

Of all the dumb luck.

It was just meant to be something to get me on my feet again. The bills you owe don't disappear while you're in the big house. And those kind of people are the ones you don't want to stiff. Sure I'd been let off. Sure they'd apologized. But apologies don't pay the rent.

The slug of whiskey burned like fire going down. I'd missed it being locked away. It looked like this was going to be my last drink for some time.

Not a day out of jail, and an old friend had contacted me. What could one last little job hurt? It paid enough to give me a good start at going straight. So I'd accepted. I dunno why. Just stupid I guess.

Except someone had made me. Damn informers.

The glass was empty now. Just like my life.
Picking up the bottle I headed for the door.

-----------------------

Unfortunately, there were always casualties. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NB1LYiEagA)

Evnafets has been arrested (lynched) on suspicion of Murder and corruption charges. Evnafets was an Agent, Evil. He has been remanded to custody of the FBI.

While in interrogation Evnafets mentions the name of Endeavourl as a person of interest. In doing so, he has agreed to give states evidence in order to testify. He has been moved to an undisclosed location.

One citizen was also killed in the arrest attempt, Androgial (Upright Citizen’s Brigade – Citizen, good – Autolynched).

Night Begins 6 Begins Now.
Night 6 Ends after 7:00 PM CST (U.S) Oct 31st.
(I will be posting a little late tomorrow, as the trick or treaters will be here).
Happy Halloween!

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-31, 06:47 PM
Sweet! Now for a bit of analysis:

We have four major targets of note, two in each org.

Marshall (Templar)
Oracle (Templar)
Brain (Agency)
Fat Man (Agency)

Crossed out means that target is dead. So we have certainty on what each org is doing. The Agency is recruiting, and the Templars are scrying.

I personally think the ever growing Agency is a bit more of a threat, so we should go for Agency when presented the chance. This swings the other way if the Fat Man bites the dust, so we should lynch Incarcerate Endeavourl tomorrow if he survives the night.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-31, 07:23 PM
Night time.

She was consumed. This city consumed her time, her life, and her identity. During her waking hours she was literally up to her arms at that slaughterhouse of her job. Her sleep was spent seen seeing the faces of those she had interred in the day.

One of those faces she actually witnessed the murder as it happened. She didn’t tell the police that though, they’d have too many questions.

The only innocents in this city are those sleeping in the cemetery, and even they run for mayor once in a while. No one is safe in this city, no one but one man. The Shadow.

“I just want to help! If I can’t be the Shadow, then I’ll help him rid this city of these scum and wash them down the drain into the city sewers.”

She had found a target, someone she had long suspected. She tailed them to their office and then waited. She learned the schedule. She did her research.

Tonight was the night. She had pawned a set of steak knives for the pistol, and climbed up the fire escape on the building across the street. Their office was on the corner, and she knew they were in it. A shadow moved across the window shade. She sighted in on her target… the shadow at the window…. pop! pop! pop! pop! pop! pop! She emptied her clip into the window and fled down the fire escape.

Once in the alleyway, she ran to the road – turned right and ran a block and turned left.

“Whew! That should be far enough.”

“No heretic. Not far enough. You must run much further to escape the wrath of the temple.”

She whirled, stunned to see the robed figures on the deserted city street. Their swords were drawn… they approached….

The Fanboy tried to kill someone, and failed. Trix was killed by the Templars. Trix was the Fanboy.

Nearby, two mobsters sit in a sedan.

“Why is the boss mad? We almost got him that one night.”

“He’s mad because we killed two citizens that turned out got nothing to do with this. You and that anti-aircraft cannon you carry around make a sure mess of things, you do. And! And you ruined a car with that thing.”

“I saved our lives! What you want me to use a shotgun, or a pistol? And people know we mean business, that we need to be respected. That we need to be feared. This tommy gun shows – hey! There he is! We got him!

“Son of a gun, we do! Ok, here’s what we’ll do – try not to miss this time…”

The sedan pulled around and when they got alongside their target the younger mobster whipped open his door brandishing his tommy gun right at the frightened citizen, chambering a round and grinning at the slaughter about to occur when….

…The Shadow appeared, drew 2 Colt 1911A1 .45 pistols and using both hands unloaded 12 rounds into the sedan! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG8TeXF-wB0)

Glass from the sedan’s window flew everywhere, the doors were shot into, the engine fired off steam, one of the tires began to flatten, but this distraction saved the citizen’s life that night, as the two gunmen drove off cursing their luck but not firing a crooked shot.

The Shadow Agents attempted to rub out Whitehelm; Whitehelm was protected by the Shadow.

Day 7 Begins now.
Day 7 will end at:
7:00pm Central Standard Time (U.S.) Friday Nov 2

Voting begins now.

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-31, 07:29 PM
TA approaches Endeavourl in Lucky's.

"One of your buddies ratted. Guess what happens to you."

((you have my reasons))

whitehelm
2007-10-31, 09:49 PM
I point at Raven because she pointed at me first yesterday. I suspect the Oracle prompted her to do that, and she is a Templar.

I'm not pointing at endeavourl because he's probably the last Agent right now. If the Templars have the Falcon, killing him gives them the win.

Trix
2007-11-01, 03:44 AM
(Ah balls...)

Supagoof
2007-11-01, 09:39 AM
((Well if it's a Templar we need....))

Graklok comes running into the police station once again. Holding in his hands a stack of pictures. His undercover work was going along very well, so he just smiled as he approached the DA.

What is it? You got something again?

Yep. Graklok takem good picatures!

He flopped a dozen or so photo's down on the desk. It captured frame by frame the escapades of the Fanboy, almost cinematic in nature worthy of graphic novel film. They showed the cap gun the fanboy was firing with, and Trix's masked covered face running away. It also had a clear shot of the Templar that had pulled a gun on Trix. His blue cold grimace shining like a beacon in the alleyway. The photo was of Jontom Xire! The agent wsa clearly down on his luck lately, as was seen by his clothes. But the evidence was clear.

The DA gathered up his troops and went running to arrest Jontom Xire.

whitehelm
2007-11-01, 11:12 AM
At the time of my original point I wasn't aware of last night's scry. I'm now pointing at Jontom Xire.

Emperor Demonking
2007-11-01, 11:20 AM
"I didn't trust Xire since his claims." Says the emperor. "Whitehelm, your luch the sahadow likes you."

Jontom Xire
2007-11-01, 11:24 AM
WTF! Ah that is just so unfair. And I thought I was going to have a good run in this game. You git.

Especially after YOW II :(

Can I have a last request? Lynch Endeavourl tomorrow.

Supagoof
2007-11-01, 12:15 PM
WTF! Ah that is just so unfair. And I thought I was going to have a good run in this game. You git.

Especially after YOW II :(

Can I have a last request? Lynch Endeavourl tomorrow.

((That would depend on what I find out tonight. :smallwink:

We're cleanin' up this town, ya sees, and we ain't taking no more guff from no one. :smallamused:

Yeah, sorry this happened so soon after YOW2. The good news is that another new WW game opens up every few days. :smallbiggrin: ))

Endeavourl
2007-11-01, 12:29 PM
My back's against the alley wall and there's a gun pointing at my forehead. My uzi's out of bullets and my last clips are in my pocket, too far away to do any good. Survival for another day, nothing but to do as I'm told. And still, no assurances. :smallfurious: Untrustworthy recruits...

Endeavourl points at Jontom Xire

Raiser Blade
2007-11-01, 02:15 PM
Wait we know that endeavourl is an agent and supposedly Jontom is one too. Sweet :smallbiggrin:

So i guess were lynching Jontom next.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-01, 02:57 PM
I've been folling this Graklok guy for a while now out of pure curiosity. How's this guy still alive? I bet he wouldn't be without the DA; he's far too simple. But he was right. I'd seen a man - Jontom Xire apparently - kill some people.
But I couldn't say anything. Who'dbelieve me. I didn't know his name, I couldn't describe him. Hell, all I knew was that he'd killed some poeple. Wasn't like he was anything special was it?

Traveling_Angel
2007-11-01, 06:49 PM
"Or Jontom Xire.Whatever."

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-02, 08:01 AM
11 Hours from the time of this post to vote for Day 7.

Jontom Xire
2007-11-02, 09:51 AM
The jig was up. Somehow I'd been found out, my cover had been blown. But it was probably too late for the city. In the last few days I'd managed to put some pieces together, come to some conclusions. I'd been keeping my ears wider open than I'd let anyone know and now it was all coming together. Too late for me, but perhaps not for my comrades. I'd hoped to find the identity of a few others before I struck, make it total. If I could have found the DA and the Shadow it would have been complete, but now it was too late. Too late for the perfect plan, but perhaps not too late to finish the city. A final desperate blow of vengeance.

But right now it was time to leave. I downed my whisky and stood up, gathering my coat around me. I could feel the pressure of the stares from all around as the curious watched me. They had never suspected, the poor saps, as I sat in their midst, but now the truth was out and they all stared, curious to see what sort of a man was a Templar. I walked out the door and adjusted my collar against the bitterly cold breeze. I figured I'd head north. I wasn't sure I'd even make it out of the city alive, but if I did I knew where I was headed.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-11-02, 01:43 PM
My father had finally left, and I felt better about myself, having refrained from doing anything to him the whole time he had hung about, stalking me. I knew what he'd wanted, but I wasn't about to give it to him. Mostly because I didn't have it.

But anyway, now he was gone, and I decided to take a little time off from the shop. I called up Jen and had her work for me. I wanted to see who was out there. Who was left in the agencies? I told Jen I was going to wander the streets and cool my temper.
"Watch for that Jontom guy, Raven. He's definitely a baddie. The police had a press release this morning. He's wanted for five murders! That's insane."
Really? I didn't know that. Well, I'll keep an eye out then. See you tomorrow, Jen.
Yeah, See you Raven. hope you feel better.
No doubt, Jen. No doubt.

I left to look for this Jontom Xire. If he killed Joosbawx, he was responsible for the falcon getting loose, and he was responsible for my father's visit. I shuddered in memory, and hoped Daddy dear wouldn't come back anytime soon.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-02, 02:07 PM
Agent Fairchilde stared at the wall. The room was covered with organizational charts, names of missing citizens, surveillance reports, and dotted lines creating a semblance of order where none truly exists.

"Things are really heating up. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKyLgRzOTsY) The Falcon - that is the key. But who has it?

(Voting to continue this afternoon until 7:00 PM CST, U.S.
I'm already getting inputs for Night 7.
Those with inputs - the sooner inputs are in, the sooner night ends.)

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-02, 07:04 PM
Agent Fairchilde stands in the police department.

“Chief - I’m telling you, you need to question him for the murders of Helgraf, Raldor, Crystal Myr and Trix!”

“Agent Fairchilde. Listen. I don’t care. What part of "I don't care" do you not understand. I don't care. We're not bringing him in. In the city, we take care of things our way. Now get out of my office before I charge you for malingering with criminal intent.”

A short ways away…
“How did they know? Where did I make a mistake?”

He hurriedly packed his bags. His room had been searched – that was the first indicator. There were bullet holes in his window shade, and bullets in the wall and on the floor.

“Blast that Falcon! We were so close!” The room is a disaster, clothes all over the floor, the mattress off the bed frame, holes ripped in the wall paper… “I’ll never get the damage deposit back.”

“Ah! They didn’t find my secret hiding spot though! Here it is….”

BOOOM!

His last thoughts…

(So that's what a bomb looks like. I guess they did find it.)

Jontom Xire, Templar Knight, Templar - Evil was lynched.
He died in the explosion from a bomb left by the citizens. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg)

NIGHT 7 BEGINS NOW.
NIGHT 7 ENDS WHEN ALL INPUTS ARE MADE, OR IN 24 HOURS
7:00PM CST (U.S.) Saturday, November 3rd

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-03, 12:33 PM
(Still waiting for a couple more actions. Also, tonights update may be a little late - but only a couple of hours at the most. We're taking my son to the zoo.)

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-03, 07:36 PM
They came for him in the night. After the entire town had decided to eliminate him, remove him from the mathematical equation in the hunt for the Falcon – he thought they had forgotten him.

The D.A. had secreted him someplace safe, but he left of his own volition, and returned home to his own life. And, life had gone on.

Still they were suspicious though. Too much noise is suspicious.
Then they tried to recruit him, but he never even answered them.

He hoped they’d forgotten, but they hadn’t.

Too little noise is suspicious.

So, they came for him in the night.

The Shadow Agents. The Mob. The Mafia. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TpJsKI2n0)

They placed him in the back of their sedan, and drove him to an abandoned bank.

They walked him into the vault, and sat him down on a chair. For some reason the power was on, so the lights still worked.

“We want you to think about what it means not to give us any answers. We are going to lock you in here for the weekend. You’ll have more than enough air to last until Monday, but not much longer after that. The bank will be opened again Monday when the maintenance crew comes in to do some cleanup. You’ll be let out then.”

The gangsters then lock the vault with him inside.

As they walked out, the younger mobster said:
“You know Monday is a bank holiday, right? And they won’t be back for a couple of days after that? Nobody is going to let him out on Monday…”

“Whoops!

Well, we don’t have the combination for the vault anyway. He shouldn’t have turned us down.

Oh well. Hey – let’s go to Lucky’s!”

The Shadow Agents killed Fleeing Coward by locking him in a deserted bank vault. Fleeing Coward was a Citizen, Good

Down by the docks a young man is walking to work. He’s really confused to be attracting all the attention as of late… hopefully it’ll all blow over soon.

Behind him two robed figures move out of an alleyway to follow him. The young man does not see them as they follow, but with determined faces they match and exceed his pace, and quickly close the gap.

Shortly they are within only a few steps, and they draw swords from the folds of their clothing….

They move to strike…

From behind THEM a haunting voice is heard… "I am terror that flaps in the night!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RJsjeoP8_w)

Whitehelm turns to see the Templars battle the Shadow, and flees. Whitehelm was protected by the Shadow.

Day 8 Voting Begins Now!
Day 8 Ends at Monday Nov 5th, at 7:00 PM CST (U.S.) Nov 5

whitehelm
2007-11-04, 01:34 AM
That's right. Keep trying to kill me.

Good news all! The DA has the Falcon!
Mafia killing time!

points at endeavourl, who is probably the Fat Man

Edit: We've got more candidates for the Fat Man role, so I'm withholding my point until I've gotten some replies.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-04, 01:46 AM
(Thanks to whoever killed me, now I don't have to point every second day to avoid the autolynch)

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-04, 08:00 PM
24 Hours to vote... 0 (zero) votes so far... On hook for autolynch:
North

North
2007-11-04, 09:00 PM
All around me is the unfamiliar.
Dangerous stangers.
Constant and changing,
deadly dangers.
Some are killed
some are not.
Run or hide
you will be caught.

Maybe if your lucky
you survive another night.
You cant fight back.
Its a lopsided fight.
Dusk hits, you bleed.
Day comes, your gone.
Time is the enemy.
Pray to see the Dawn.

FBI revealed an agent
Endeavourals bad.
Save the good.
Stop the mad.

whitehelm
2007-11-04, 09:08 PM
I point at endeavourl again.

Traveling_Angel
2007-11-05, 01:37 AM
This seems to me like a start to a Templar-based Bandwagon. Hmm, that means they might have the Falcon! Points at whitehelm.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-05, 01:40 AM
@^ Huh? It was just announced that the D.A. has teh falconz. So point at endeavourl.

Endeavourl
2007-11-05, 02:01 AM
I'm not about to turn myself in :smallyuk:

Endeavourl points at whitehelm

whitehelm
2007-11-05, 04:15 AM
TA: Do you honestly think the Shadow would've protected me for 2 nights in a row if I was a Templar?

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-11-05, 07:17 AM
I got up, grabbing the newspaper and eating my fruity flakes. Another death, it seemed. And someone had been protected from attack. I knew that the man Endeavourl was highly suspect of being involved with some of these murders, and I set out to find more information on him.

Jontom Xire
2007-11-05, 07:41 AM
Good news all! The DA has the Falcon!

GAME OVER!

Point 1) Once the DA has the falcon, the game is over. He cannot be lynched. He cannot be killed in the night. Hence the falcon cannot change hands. The Shadow Agents and Templars cannot win. No other citizen can get his hands on the Falcon. This can be extended to an easy win for the citizens EVERY game:

DA announces on day one "Lynch me to prove me". He gets lynched but saves himself.
The holder of the maltese falcon PMs the DA saying he has it.
The DA points at the holder saying "He has the maltese falcon. If we lynch him we win."
The holder gets lynched. As first pointer the DA gets the falcon.
Citizens win.
Game over.
BORING!!!

This is the one flaw in the game, ESPECIALLY if the DA can pick who to protect from lynching during that same day (a rule interpretation I would disagree with even if I were the DA).

Point 2, it was my understanding that the factions held the falcon "in common". That is to say that if one Shadow Agent dies, the others continue to hold the falcon and you need to kill them all to get it back.

Between these two points I am very very disappointed in this game. I was really looking forward to watching a very very exciting game end from beyond the grave. I can't say all that is going on behind the scenes, especially since I only just learnt some of it from the narrator, but it was looking to be REALLY exciting with a very promising post-game summary. Now it's just over just like that. How boring.

For the future I would like to propose a rules amendment with an extra role: The evidence clerk. If the DA ever gets his hands on the Falcon, he gives it to the evidence clerk to look after. If the evidence clerk is already dead, he leaves it in the police station lockup from which it mysteriously disappears (gets randomly reassigned to a living player). Similarly if the Shadow (who can protect himself from night kills) gets the falcon he drops it as he swoops across the rooftops (it gets randomly reassigned to a living player).

==EDIT==

In fact is there ever any reason for the DA to not reveal his role, especially since it can be so easily tested?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-05, 07:48 AM
((streaks in in between classes. I agree with JX on that point for pretty much all the same reasons. Besides, if an SA did have it, it's held in common right? Or it goes to the first person who pointed at said person. If the latter happened whitehelm just told all the Templars, SAs and The Shadow who the DA is. Thankyou very much whitehelm. For now I'll point at endevourl and RP later. Thankyou cancelled lecture.))

Freshmeat
2007-11-05, 08:46 AM
(I agree with most of that sentiment, though certainly not all of it. The DA will probably need to be changed somewhat, though it's probably best to just await the official end of the game before discussing balance issues.)

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-05, 08:51 AM
((streaks in in between classes. I agree with JX on that point for pretty much all the same reasons. Besides, if an SA did have it, it's held in common right? Or it goes to the first person who pointed at said person. If the latter happened whitehelm just told all the Templars, SAs and The Shadow who the DA is. Thankyou very much whitehelm. For now I'll point at endevourl and RP later. Thankyou cancelled lecture.))

No. The Falcon is not held in the common. The rules state that the only way to transfer ownership is for the previous owner to be killed - either to be lynched, or to be killed in the night phase.

If lynched, the first pointer get's the falcon.

If killed in the night phase - the Falcon is randomly assigned within the group.

Each group in the game has two winning conditions - either to have the Falcon and eliminate the other group(s) or a standard WW game win (wolves tie or outnumber citizens).

Also, agreed regarding the DA's role. The DA and I discussed things early in the game (Night 1) and it was offered that the DA wouldn't be able to have the Falcon. I made the ruling that the DA could in fact get the Falcon - as that is the entire point of this version of WW - to hunt for the Falcon. As the current game stands - I stand behind my rulings. It is not my place to get in the way of the players playing and trying to win.

Supagoof
2007-11-05, 09:27 AM
Graklok walks into the DAs office. He has a frown on his face.

I gots nothing boss guy.

Well, that's okay Graklok. I had a tip on someone who wanted to play along, but became a bigger menance along the way, so he gets his fate now. Let's go boys. We're going to go collect on Endeavour from that tip the recruit gave us for a smaller jailtime sentence.

Jontom Xire
2007-11-05, 09:41 AM

The Templars already knew who the DA was. I understand that the SAs and The Shadow did too, but frankly anyone who hadn't already worked out who both the DA and The Shadow are BEFORE I got lynched is being very slow.

Anyway why would you not want The Shadow to know who the DA is? They're on the same side! And there is nothing The Shadow could do even if he wanted to.

Also why is anyone bothering to play on? The DA has won! Unless for some bizarre reason he chooses to throw the game away by not protecting himself, he's won. Even if the Templars, SAs, AND The Shadow attacked him in the same night he would still survive to win.

Can we please acknowledge that this game is over so we can start recruiting for the next? With a few changes to the DA rules.

Supagoof
2007-11-05, 10:16 AM
Each group in the game has two winning conditions - either to have the Falcon and eliminate the other group(s) or a standard WW game win (wolves tie or outnumber citizens).
((Even if the DA has the falcon, there are other ways for the groups to win. :smallwink:

Game ain't over until it's over....now quit trying to rush things just because your out of this one. :smallbiggrin: ))

Jontom Xire
2007-11-05, 10:50 AM
((Even if the DA has the falcon, there are other ways for the groups to win. :smallwink:

Game ain't over until it's over....now quit trying to rush things just because your out of this one. :smallbiggrin: ))

I guess, but that ain't gonna happen in this game, and I doubt would happen with my method of the quick win either.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-05, 12:49 PM
(7 More hours to change your votes / or vote.
Day ends whichever comes first - 100% votes, or 7 PM CST (U.S). )

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-05, 09:17 PM
They kept coming! He was running down a city street, desparate to get away, and this mob of police were chasing him.

He whipped around, grabbed his pistol with two hands and emptied the clip BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The action locked back – he turned around and kept running, ejecting his clip and reloading while trying to make some distance and hoping that that kept their heads down for a couple of seconds.

His mind raced faster than his legs. He cursed the recruit again. “That amateur! Selling out the boss to the DA! GRRR!”

Running downhill was easy, and there was more and more foot traffic the worse the neighborhoods.

He slid to a stop at another corner, turned around and raised his pistol - BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

He ran 100 feet and behind a deserted house – seeing an open, broken window he climbed in.

There were voices outside – is that a dog? They brought dogs?

He crept upstairs, and checked the ammunition in his pistol. 2 rounds left. This is not looking good. He loaded the last two shells into his pistol, ratcheted a round, and cocked the hammer.

The house was deserted, dirty, and cold. It was also empty, the windows boarded over. He heard noises outside as they searched.

Voices outside…“He’s here somewhere…those are his shell casings…try a house to house search…accessory …five murders…Radikalskippy… Alarra …Emerald Rose, Freshmeat …Fleeing Coward…”

The broke into the house downstairs… this was it… here goes…breathe…breathe…. He leaped out into the stairway, his gun barking death….

“You’ll never take me coppers!” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8Eq0GbZ2o)

Endeavourl was lynched. (Killed in a police shootout.) His life story was made into a movie. Endeavourl was a Mafia Recruit – Agent, Evil. Endeavourl was originally a member of the Upright Citizens Brigade. The Upright Citizen’s Brigade is no longer a faction.

Night 8 Begins now!
Night 8 ends in 24 hours
8:30PM CST US, November 6th

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-06, 09:42 PM
The subject led the stalk to the warehouse district. He’d been trailing the subject most of the night, and had found his way to this once bustling now deserted part of town. Luckily he was convinced of the innocence of this particular target, just a bit more and he’d approach and make contact. He just wanted to be absolutely sure first.

Although he was good at tailing – he wasn’t so good at looking backwards.

The two mobsters followed their own target this night. They too followed their target to the warehouse district. They too planned to make contact. They were armed, and had violence in mind.

The first victim smiled as he took note of his target. “Good! He’s safe!” Then he was surprised as strong arms grabbed him and pulled him into an alley. A bag was placed over his head as he cried in surprise, and he was drug into one of the abandoned warehouses.

Strong arms forced him to the ground, and a blinding pain in first the right hand – then the left! He bit his lip “I won’t give them the satisfaction of screaming!”

The pain was nearly immeasurable as he prone body was hauled up – but still the hood remained on his head.

“You, dear sir, have angered the Templars. You now die blinded and crucified, a true martyrs death. You may die secure that your search for knowledge has concluded with your own discovery that the final answer, the final solution is truly death for us all. But in particular, today death is your companion.”

Each of the Templars ceremoniously cut an artery and tonight’s sacrifice dies not from crucifixion but from blood loss.

North, the Private “Eye” - Good was crucified (killed) by the Templars and left in a deserted warehouse.

After the crucifixion the Templars unmasked themselves and began to leave the warehouse. Knowing they were still in a war, the members carefully looked outside to see if there was an imminent attack. The most junior member noticed an empty sedan parked down the street – almost around a corner, but just peeking it’s nose out. There was someone in it!

It was no good to bring a sword to a gun fight, time to go out the back!

The first templar out the door – Curlykitgirl – was ambushed by Shadow Agents and killed! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3f1CbKzKNA) Curlykitgirl started the game as Citizen - Good but died a Templar Neonate - Templar – Evil.

DAY 9 BEGINS NOW
DAY 9 ENDS AT 6:00 PM (CST U.S.) THURSDAY NOV 8TH
VOTING BEGINS NOW

Supagoof
2007-11-06, 11:00 PM
Graklok walks into the DAs office.

I got's good news and bad news.

Bad news. Graklok's end four mints wuz killed. But Graklok got more pic-a-chures fore he go, so good news der.

He holds out a picture. It seems that the lense must have been covered in blood, as the image is covered with a dark spray of splotches. But that doesn't seem to make a difference as the face grinning behind them is very clear. A man holding a razor - more specifically Raiser B1ade.

whitehelm
2007-11-06, 11:18 PM
points at Raiser B1ade

Raiser Blade
2007-11-06, 11:44 PM
Aw fine ya got me...

Unless you'd rather take down that no good templar scum Cult of the raven.

C'mon guy's even the playing field a bit eh?

Anyways it was a good game all and props to Andre for being awesome!

*fistshake* for supagoof. :smalltongue:

@V Yeah but who would accept a recruiting offer now?

whitehelm
2007-11-07, 12:17 AM
We're a little more concerned about the Fat Man due to the recruiting powers, sorry Raiser.

North
2007-11-07, 05:28 AM
(Well at least I died in style! I cant believe I managed to survive that long even! GO CITIZENS!)

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-11-07, 07:16 AM
Quickly I pointed at read the paper incriminating Raiser b1ade before jumping in the shower and heading for work.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-07, 08:04 AM
((OH dear, a dead body...And it's mine. At least I did some good. Now come on you lot and win. *laughs at someone for some particularly relevant reason*))

Supagoof
2007-11-07, 09:39 AM
Aw fine ya got me...

Unless you'd rather take down that no good templar scum Cult of the raven.

C'mon guy's even the playing field a bit eh?

Anyways it was a good game all and props to Andre for being awesome!

*fistshake* for supagoof. :smalltongue:

@V Yeah but who would accept a recruiting offer now?

((Appreciate the tip! *Writes down Cult of the Raven's name for tomorrow*))

Jontom Xire
2007-11-07, 03:18 PM
Told you we knew who the seer was.

I'm surprised the Mafia found one of us, but then there aren't that many people left anyway. This game is tedious now. STILL can't believe you're still playing.

And I'm surprised at Supagoof taking a tip-off from a side that lost it's seer so early in the game. Don'tcha think that if the SAs knew CotR was a templar they'd have wasted her earlier?

Supagoof
2007-11-07, 03:21 PM
Told you we knew who the seer was.

I'm surprised the Mafia found one of us, but then there aren't that many people left anyway. This game is tedious now. STILL can't believe you're still playing.

And I'm surprised at Supagoof taking a tip-off from a side that lost it's seer so early in the game. Don'tcha think that if the SAs knew CotR was a templar they'd have wasted her earlier?

((They were probably guessing, but you just confirmed it for me. Thanks! :smallwink: *Listens to Cult Of The Ravens screams from across the world*))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-07, 03:51 PM
(I have enough votes for a lynch. - even if there is a tie. Would you like me to end the day early?)

Raiser Blade
2007-11-07, 03:55 PM
It was an educated guess. There are so little players left and after I (brutally slaughtered):smalltongue: curly it kinda confirmed it for me.

Supagoof
2007-11-07, 04:46 PM
((Whenever is fine. As Jontom has pointed out, I'm kind of on auotpilot for this game now....))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-07, 05:10 PM
(Ok, let me get a couple more inputs for dialogues people would like their characters to say. I have 2/6 survivors at this point - people don't *have* to give me an input, but I'll give a little time for it.)

whitehelm
2007-11-07, 07:06 PM
How is it the end of the game? We didn't kill the Templars yet, and the DA has the Falcon. (Unless he's lying and he's a Templar, in which case I say "Shame on you" to the real DA)

I don't have anything in particular to say, since I'm not much of a roleplayer. Make me say cool stuff.

Traveling_Angel
2007-11-07, 08:45 PM
Points at Rasier Blade

Jontom Xire
2007-11-08, 03:54 AM
How is it the end of the game? We didn't kill the Templars yet, and the DA has the Falcon. (Unless he's lying and he's a Templar, in which case I say "Shame on you" to the real DA)

I don't have anything in particular to say, since I'm not much of a roleplayer. Make me say cool stuff.

Neither Templar nor Shadow Agents can win. Unless the citizens decide to lynch the DA - no wait, they can't. So I guess it's game over. Unless the citizens decide to deliberately not lynch each othe - no wait that won't work either. There is only one SA and one Templar and no-one left to be recruited. The Shadow and the DA can (and certainly will) protect themselves, so the Temnplars and the SAs can never outnumber the citizens, and can never get the falcon, so can never win == game over.

I did think I explained all this already, Mr The Shadow.

whitehelm
2007-11-08, 04:49 AM
Emperor Demonking could've been recruited, which is why Andre was waiting to finish.

I didn't know what Demonking was, and was thinking he was another Templar. It's clear to me now.

Emperor Demonking
2007-11-08, 11:04 AM
The Emperor. "I'm jumping Raiser Blade

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-08, 06:01 PM
Agent Fairchilde was smoking a cigarette in the graveyard. He was dressed in his trenchcoat as the weather was cold.

Somewhere in the city, a team of police officers approach a door with a battering ram.

“27 dead in 8 days, almost a record it seemed.”

In another location a store owner is hurriedly cleaning out a safe, taking cash, the books, and a sword.

Fairchilde sat on a stone bench and looked at the most recent headstone:

North, Private Investigator
Take my life, take my sight
Take me where I cannot fight
I dont care we still won
Showed you all how its done.

“28 new bodies, and the city just moves on.” He flicks the cigarette butt into a trashcan. Time to go see a man about a bird.”

He leaves the graveyard behind.

Another place, a huge man is slowly walking on the street – heading into a city building and is carrying a large package – bundled in brown paper and wrapped in twine.

R. B1ade was getting restless. His contact had completed the hit on “Curly” but had failed to report back. Something didn’t seem right about the whole thing. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

“Open up it’s the police!”

The jig was up. The doors smashed open and the bulls rushed in with their pistols drawn and malice in their eyes.

As he was being led to the station he grinned at the D.A.

“You think you won huh? You got the falcon good for you. I’m the one who put skippy down I was behind Curly’s “accident”. Fleeing coward and Alarra yeah it was me. Remember freshmeat huh? How about Emerald Rose? I was the mastermind behind it all! So yeah you got me but not before I got quite a number of your friends. Your next you know it won’t be long…”

Raiser B1ade was arrested (lynched). Raiser B1ade was the The Fat Man , Agent - Evil. He was the last Shadow Agent. The Shadow Agents are no longer an organization.

--------------------------------------------
He had done it. he came to the big city seeking to make it home, and now it was. The streets were clean, the thugs were taken care of. He made it happen. But he knew he wasn't the only one though. The large man stopped and smiled at the ray of sunlight that had begun to show through the parting clouds. A tear streamed down his cheek for all those he couldn't protect that had given their lives to drive the corruption from this city. He climbed up the steps to the museum, carrying the statue openly in his arms. There was no need to hide it anymore. The museum curator greeted him at the door.

Is that? Oh my it IS! But that's worth a fortune. Why would you just hand it over to our museum? Not that I'm not grateful, of course, but so many have died looking and...

It belongs in a MUSEUM! Graklok said cutting him off. The curator nodded and walked in with Graklok to place the falcon in the highly secured public spotlight.

---------------------------------------
In a non-descript flower shop life changing events were occurring.

Cult of the Raven hurriedly packed her meager belongings.

She posts a note to the door:

"We promised our masters that we would find it. They'll only send more, you fools. They'll keep coming until the falcon is theirs! Killing me won't stop that!"

…and flees the city to rejoin her masters, leaving a note to the effect of the above speech.

Cult of the Raven was the last Templar. Cult of the Raven was the Templar Oracle - Oracle - Evil. CotR was mathematically eliminated from being able to win the game with the death of Curlykitgirl.

As she steps out the back into the alley way – a shadow detaches itself from the wall, raises a pistol and says “I know what you are…. I know what you have done….” followed by laughter….

The Shadow – now with one bullet left… begins a search for the one citizen left… the one man who had the audacity to investigate the shadow…

“I will find out who Bugged me… I have one more bullet left for them…”[/COLOR]

THAT IS THE GAME!!!!!

First a HUGE thanks to the players! 24 hours from now I will provide an Awards Banquet for all players! Please come in character! Awards will be handed out! This is also a wrap party - so bring your party hats too!

Prizes include - First Kill, Last Citizen, First Dead Templar, and more! Thanks to Allmighty Salmon for the glittering prizes.

Now on to the announced winner - the Citizens!!!! Yes, the DA, PI, and Shadow alliance was too much for the Shadow Agents and Templars to overcome. The DA did have the Falcon - and the Falcon only traded hands twice.

Please begin game wrap up... NOW!

And - back in 24 hours with the Awards Party!

North
2007-11-08, 06:04 PM
Props to Freshmeat for being the touchstone of the Citizen Team!

WE done it!

Korias
2007-11-08, 06:10 PM
Damnit! Damn you all! The Templars will recover the falc-*Glarbhgh*

This was my SECOND werewolf role. I was really glad of my team: I had three experienced players who helped out alot, and carried on in my absence. Cult, Jontom, and Alarra, Good job to you three. You guys were amazing when it came to working without the alpha, so I commend thee.

*raises glass*
Cheers guys, to a great game!

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-11-08, 06:48 PM
hehe. That was quite fun. Props to Korias for being a really great alpha, and Curly for being an awesome recruit. Too bad we didn't get the falcon, though. I'd like to nail some people up for that.

Raven hops over to the party.

"Andre, you should fix that ending text of mine. I beleive that the proper ending is 'Raven runs her sword through the shadow's chest.':smallbiggrin: 'Raven gets shot' doesn't have quite the ring to it. also, it's a coffee shop, not a flower shop. "
She giggles, and hands out free styrofoam cups of coffee to everyone.
Good game, everyone.

Edit: North, be quiet. I nailed you to a cross. :smallbiggrin:

Freshmeat
2007-11-08, 07:21 PM
Great game, everyone.
Even though the Templars/Shadow Agents weren't able to get the Falcon anymore after JX's death (whom I figure must have been the previous owner of the Falcon), I don't think it really mattered all that much in the end. The only thing that was broken about the DA was his ability to send in his daytime protection during the day, and that being both the day/night baner as the holder of the Falcon makes it hard, if not impossible to obtain the Falcon.
Since neither the Templars nor the Shadow Agents were ever going to get the voting advantage during the day anyway, I think this was pretty much a non-factor. Not to mention - we never really counted on the DA obtaining the Falcon in the first place. He doesn't have a kill ability, and Goof certainly wasn't going to start a lot of bandwagons (so we could at least try and mask his identity).

Here's a small summary of the game until I died:

Day 1: Whitehelm contacts me and suggests we work together. He guesses (correctly) that I'm neither a Templar nor a Shadow Agent and is willing to reveal his role if I promise never to join either of the criminal factions.
I vow to do so. Although I'm not sure if I'll keep my word, I'm inclined to do so anyway. After all, if he was the Shadow, things could get really interesting...
Whitehelm reveals himself to indeed be the Shadow. He isn't sure whether he's the Fanboy or Shadow though, and asks me to vouch for him should things get hairy at one point or another. This seems acceptable (at least, if he does turn out to be the Shadow), so I accept.

Night 1: Whitehelm decides to test-fire on Vonriel. Vonriel dies, killed by the Shadow.
That confirms Whitehelm's identity.
Conveniently enough, the Mole also dies. With the mole still alive, setting up a network of trust is next to impossible so this was quite a major event.

Day 2: Nothing much happens. I now know the Shadow's identity, but what's the point? We're looking at two masonic groups here, both of which can recruit and both of which can scry with reasonable accuracy. Sure, they can't do both in the same night, but chances of a citizen victory are quite low.

Interestingly enough, it is revealed that the DA can choose whom to protect from a lynching during the day itself. Nice, but not as nice as the following revelation: the DA has become unrecruitable.
That means a DA/PI/Shadow alliance could potentially become quite strong. Add in the help of the Fanboy, the Patsy and a few other citizens... and a citizen victory might just work. It'd take time to establish a network of trust, and you'd have to play both factions out against each other, possibly revealing people to be faction members just before the end of the day phase to influence nightly killings (though we never ended up doing this) and other cheap tricks. Both the Templars and the Shadow Agents were cautious enough to mask their identities during daytime voting, which meant a third faction would be free to play the field.

(in regards to other citizens: I ended up trusting no citizen other than myself. As a matter of fact, when I was contacted by the PI and the DA they (understandably) were reluctant to trust me for quite some time as well.

Night 2: Whitehelm shoots Atreyu. Atreyu turns out to be the lover of Eldritch Knight. Drat.

Day 3: After talking to whitehelm, he agrees with setting up some sort of network before Templar/SA recruitment gets out of hand. I make a somewhat-theatrical post and await replies. At the same time, I follow up on what must have been a minor slip-up on the Shadow Agent's parts and get Timberwolf, (the Brain) killed.
PR for the win.

Night 3: I get contacted by Supagoof, who is somewhat unwilling to tell me much. At the same time, I'm unwilling to tell him anything as well. Annoying, but there are ways to confirm identities...
During the same night, I get contacted through an anonymous email account by someone claiming to be the PI (for some reason he didn't want to reveal his identity yet). I relay this information to whitehelm and just sit the night out so the PI can scry me.

Day 4: In order to uphold a certain balance, I'm pretty much bound to go after Zar Peter. He doesn't look like a Templar or a Shadow Agent to me, but at the risk of appearing to be allied with one of the criminal factions, I've got to appear to be actively hunting for both of them.

Somewhere during day 4, Supagoof claims to be the DA. At the end of the day phase, I get reliable information that Zar Peter is a citizen. I ask for Supagoof to save him, mostly so he can prove his identity, and hey, we'd save a citizen at the same time.
He doesn't get the message in time and Zar Peter dies. Too bad.

Night 4: Although I hinted at being protected that night, I actually suggested to whitehelm that he'd kill someone off instead. Due to miscommunication he targets Shadow, whom I didn't really suspect all that much. Admitttedly, the target I suggested instead was Hyramgraff, who'd turn out to be an innocent as well.

The PI has scried me as a citizen by now, but fears that I might accept some recruitment offers down the line. I direct him to scry Supagoof.
Soon enough, I get a confirmation that Supagoof is the DA.
Mind you, all of this is still taking place through an anonymous email account, and Supagoof hadn't proven his identity yet, so I take all of this with a grain of salt. If my email-contact is speaking the truth however, the PI and DA are now in contact with eachother.

Day 5: Supagoof is attacked and ends up protected by the DA. Barring a highly convoluted plot, that means I can trust Goof. North (the PI) also reveals himself to me. There's still a few quirks in the system, but we've got a fairly reliable network of trust by now. I'm not sure of North yet, but Goof seems trustworthy enough to me, so I tell him that whitehelm is the Shadow.

With three known people by now, as well as Traveling Angel whom I trusted to be the patsy, finding Templars and Shadow Agents is now a piece of cake. I was suspicious of Hyramgraff, evnafets, Jontom Xire, Korias and Raiserblade, the latter four of which turned out to be allied with one of the criminal factions.
Naturally, I pick the sole civilian on that list. :smallannoyed:

Night 5: I know that I won't survive much longer, so I ask not to be protected anymore (not that I was protected the previous night anyway). I suggest whitehelm shoots Korias (or protects himself), North scries evnafets, Goof protects North and we lynch either evnafets or Jontom Xire the next day, depending on North's scry result.
If I'd die, we'd only lose a citizen, and as I was the only one of us four without a special ability, I was no longer of any real use to the team anyway.

Still, I'm somewhat surprised the next morning to see that - indeed - I had been killed. By the Shadow Agents no less.
They must've known that I was looking for a Templar now to keep both sides in check, so my next move would actually help them (indirectly), but hey, I don't know the reasoning behind their killings.

As for the Falcon? I figured that if I led enough bandwagons against people, I might just get my hands on it myself. Didn't work, unfortunately, but I'm still glad to see we won.

A big thanks to: whitehelm: If he hadn't taken that leap of faith at the start of the game, I don't think this ever would have worked. Killing Korias was also a major blow to the Templars.
Supagoof: For just being a trustworthy and reliable ally, and taking the lead during the daytime votes, ensuring that whomever we wanted to die, would indeed die.
North: His scries ensured that we wouldn't accidentally kill off one side and give the other faction an auto-win. His caution took on extreme measures and was actually quite amusing.
Traveling Angel: Although not an official part of the team, having a 90%-reliable person around to help us in the voting phase sure goes a long way. It'd mean we wouldn't end up wasting a scry on him, and if push came to shove and I mistrusted North more than I trusted him, I could always ask him to scry North.
Andre: Just for narrating a great game.

whitehelm
2007-11-08, 07:26 PM
I'd also like to thank Freshmeat for being a great employee. Look out late tonight, for "The Shadow's Path", in which I lay out what I was doing behind the scenes, and why I did it.

Edit: Or not, it seems Freshmeat beat me to it.

I'd like to add that the network was supposed to start almost right away, but I delayed while waiting for clarification on whether or not I would die for revealing my role to Freshmeat (I forgot that rule existed when I revealed myself). So, we had to keep my contact with him completely secret from the narrators for a while. :smalltongue:

Also, I had been planning to scry whoever claimed to be the DA or PI, and make sure they weren't mafia, but Freshmeat revealed my role too early to Goof so I gave up on that.

Edit again: As for my kills, I was actually mainly concerned with getting rid of people before they tried to have me killed, since surviving is part of my win condition. I went for people that know I'm an active player, but might not get targeted by mafia (in order to maximize the killing). Shadow was the exception, and that was because I figured he had been alive long enough.

North
2007-11-08, 07:40 PM
Edit: North, be quiet. I nailed you to a cross. :smallbiggrin:

Thats what she said! :smalltongue:

North: His scries ensured that we wouldn't accidentally kill off one side and give the other faction an auto-win. His caution took on extreme measures and was actually quite amusing.
[/list]

You say extreme caution. I say look how long I lasted! :smallbiggrin:

OH and thanks to Travelling Angel for declaring his Patsyness. I thought I mightve been the PI when Alarra died. But that really helped me confirm it.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-08, 07:52 PM
Before anyone asks I'd like to comment on "the fix is in"

When sending out everyone's roles - I sent the 16 citizens roles in 4 PMs; 3 BCC PMs of 5 each, and 1 single one to the other citizen.

Unfortunately, one of the group of 5 was not blind - I had openly sent the 5 players the roles, so they now had a known group of other citizens.

Androgial, Raldor, evnafets, EmeraldRose, Endeavourl all became the "Upright Citizens Brigade" - representing all the high society members of the city, the school boards, the networking groups, and all the families that have known each other for years.

I offered to give them one random action a day as a group, and if anyone tried to recruit them - if they refused to join (the rabble or common folk) they got a free scry (at 75%).

Also, they were not allowed to share their role to the new group.

Raldor was recruited, turned it down - got the scry - and unfortunatly the scry was inaccurate.

I made the mistake of not telling them first that it wasn't a perfect scry.

So, for some reason two of the recuit offers that were turned down were to members of the UCB. Two of the successful recruits were also UCB - it just seemed that all the recruit attempts were going their direction!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-08, 09:41 PM
The Starting Roles:
whitehelm........................The Shadow (Real)
Vonriel............................The Shadow (The Fanboy)
North..............................The Private "Eye" Scryer
Supagoof.........................District Attorney Baner
Traveling Angel.................The Patsy Fool
Helgraf............................The Mole
Atreyu the Masked Llama....Sam Spade Lover
Eldritch Knight..................Effie Lover
Korias.............................Templar Marshall Alpha/Recruiter
Cult of the Raven..............Templar Oracle Scryer
Jontom Xire...................... Templar Knight
Alarra..............................Templar Knight
Raiser B1ade.....................The Fat Man Alpha/Recruiter
Timberwolf........................The Brain Scryer
Crystall Myr.......................Shadow Agent
Khaldan............................Shadow Agent
Almighty Salmon.................Citizen
CurlyKitGirl.........................Citizen
Emporer Demonking.............Citizen
Fleeing Coward...................Citizen
Freshmeat.........................Citizen
HyramGraff........................Citizen
Kyrian...............................Citizen
radikalskippy......................Citizen
S.Hadow...........................Citizen
Trix........................Citizen (Became Fanboy) -Maltese Falcon
Zar Peter ..........................Citizen
Malmagor Andrigal...............Citizen
Androgial...........................Upright Citizen's Brigade
EmeraldRose.......................Upright Citizen's Brigade
Endeavourl.........................Upright Citizen's Brigade
evnafets............................Upright Citizen's Brigade
Raldor................................Upright Citizen's Brigade

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-11-08, 10:31 PM
Raldor was recruited, turned it down - got the scry - and unfortunatly the scry was inaccurate.

yeah, and he scried me, a member of the faction who tried to recruit him, got the result "lover" and contacted me. We then killed him the first chance we got. :smallbiggrin:

whitehelm
2007-11-08, 10:46 PM
Andre: So what were the clues to who had the falcon?

Jontom Xire
2007-11-09, 03:45 AM
Great game everyone.

Too much death actually hampered us. It meant we had less time to find the roles. We actually scried Supagoof before he was attacked, and I guessed Whitehelm's role from when he was attacked. We scried North too. Did anyone protect North after I sent in that really obvious hint that we were going to attack him? I had a plan with Endeavourl that we would attack The Shadow while he attacked the DA in the hopes that at least one of them would be protecting North and not themselves. He betrayed us.

Endeavourl
2007-11-09, 05:00 AM
Fun game indeed :smallsmile: . My first time playing a Mafia game, certainly lived up to expectations.

The false scry that Raldor got kind of muddled things there (also, I don't think it was clear that we had a random action until much later in the game Andre, or I missed it :smallannoyed: )

In any case, 3 of the 5 Upright Citizens had died when I received the recruitment offer from the Shadow Agents. At that point, I had contacted Freshmeat about his offer, but as I was not an unrecruitable there were no guarantees. Then Freshmeat points at two citizens in a row, so I end up accepting the recruitment offer.

I think if my name had not been blurted out there was a good chance we could have won.

As for our agreement Jontom, I was never the one sending in the kill lists :smalltongue:

Jontom Xire
2007-11-09, 05:08 AM
I think if my name had not been blurted out there was a good chance we could have won.

Not a chance. At that point there were only two of you and two guaranteed unkillables, one of whom would soon get the falcon. And they had a network knowing who was trusted and who not.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-09, 05:21 AM
I's nice to find out what happened and now I know why ANdre was so worried about the role PM he sent me.
Once again, JX made a lot of accurate deductins and, from the whole day and a bit as a Templar I have to say that if JX hadn't died the Templars would have still been in for a good shot at winning. One day I think JX and I shared between a dozen and eighteen PMs, in about two-three hours. We hhad a lot of plans but assumed that you know, Shadow Agents would have wanted the DA dead. And Endevoul would have shared the PM. A self admitted Templar, PMs an SA with goood information that could swing the game. What did they do? Ignore it.
Still, I loved the narration and was surprised when I got two recruitments in two days. Nevertheless, Andre is now one of my favoourite narrators and he kept pretty much to the schedule he set out.

Freshmeat
2007-11-09, 05:47 AM
I'd also like to thank Freshmeat for being a great employee. Look out late tonight, for "The Shadow's Path", in which I lay out what I was doing behind the scenes, and why I did it.

Edit: Or not, it seems Freshmeat beat me to it.

I wouldn't mind seeing it though, just to know what was going on behind the scenes after my death.

Two opposing factions working together in the end game was something we both kept as a backup plan (if things were going bad), yet at the same time feared. Both parties would know their partner was eventually going to betray them, yet the mutual fear of a guaranteed loss might keep them together. I'll leave Goof, North and whitehelm to discuss this further from the citizens' side of things, as I died before this really became much of a factor.

In hindsight, I see now why the Fanboy (Trix) never contacted me. She was holding the Falcon at the time and probably just wanted to lay low.

Jontom Xire
2007-11-09, 06:26 AM
I guess I ought to break a habit and put some thanks and stuff in.

First, more of an apology really, to CKG. I wish we had recruited you sooner. I was wary because we had recently played together in another game and didn't want anyone making connections.

Most of all though, thanks to Andre who ran as fair a game as he could, but most of all made it very enjoyable with his descriptions and with keeping updates prompt and reliable. I'd also like to congratulate him on his clues. In the previous Mafia game it was too obvious when the falcon changed hands. I didn't play, only read, but was amazed no-one who was playing figured it out until the end, and also felt it was unfair on the poor sap who did have the falcon. Andre did put clues in, which was fair on those of us who didn't have the falcon, but were subtle enough that they weren't easy. It would have been better (for me) if I had known that clues existed in the first place, then I would have looked for them.

One other suggestion for a rules change regarding holding the falcon. Factions such as SAs and Templars should be allowed to nominate an official falcon holder. In the event of gaining the falcon that person gets to hold it. Such nominations must be made BEFORE getting the falcon. If there is no nomination, or the nominated person is killed and no new nomination is made, the falcon is handed out randomly as before.

This helps prevent a situation where someone who is definitely known to be heading for the chop (auto-lynch, previously outed) ends up with the falcon.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-09, 08:13 AM
Andre: So what were the clues to who had the falcon?

Trix was holding the Falcon from the beginning until Jontom Xire sent in the pm for the kill.

Trix's character worked in the morgue, and I kept mentioning in my posts about how the morgue was filling up with bodies.

The last day before she was killed i started a second paragraph with "She has the falcon..."

The clues were entirely too subtle though, and for that I apologize. I didn't want to use a heavy fist and doom Trix though.

By he way, she did try to use her powers a bit - she self protected (25%) and also tried to kill both Emperor Demonking (failed) - and sent in a kill for Jontom Xire the night he died!

That's why JX's 'apartment' was all shot up in his death scene.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-09, 11:49 AM
A rumour was going ‘round. A Fed was in town hunting for the Falcon hunters. It was whispered that he’d even brought a Level 10 Cleric to resurrect the dead. The meagre survivors had all been taken away to a warehouse; the normal folk were glad to see them gone. Uncaring they went back to their lives and switched on their TVs. And got a big surprise.

For there, proud and dressed in glittering finery, the type only seen at movie premieres were the members of last months debacle. Every last one, alive and well. Then it started.

“Hello hello hello!!!! I’m THE Andre. Fairchilde.

(IMMENSE THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE (in my head))

Thank you, thank you. Calm down. It’s ok, you can put your shirt back on. Calm down, calm down.

This game you know me as Special Agent Andre Fairchilde, Fantasy Bureau of Investigation; and I’d like to also mention our organiser, Curly.”

“To all players, participants, autolynches, and visitors I welcome you all to the Mafia V – Return of the Narrator awards show!”

“To all the autolynches, the lynches, and the night kills – thanks for playing! I quote Terry Pratchett in my signature block for this reason - because that particular quote is about warriors on their way to battle, remembering those that they have lost. Thanks for playing, we will always remember your sacrifice.”

The cast members applaud as the camera swings to Curly standing on the sidelines with a clipboard.

“Curly has organised everything here today at my request, so let’s all give her a big hand.”

She blushes slightly and waves Andre on.

“Another HUGE thank you to both Almighty Salmon for putting together almost all the Trophy’s, Ceika for the Falcon, and Lord Herman for the Mayor's Trophy!”

(applause)

“Well, the purpose of this is to award our actors and actresses for their wonderful work. Now, guests, you may notice a switch on the tables. If you push these you‘ll get a lap dancer for your table.”

“No. I’m sorry, but this is a family show. Take them away, pay them for their time but take them outside.”

Trog pokes his head in from his talk show…
“Wait. Trog thinks it‘s too dangerous outside. Perhaps they should go to Trog‘s dressing room. To keep warm.” Winking at one of the lap dancers out of shot he says “Trog‘ll see you later.”

“Oh. We’re going to do this in kind of reverse order, handing out the big roles first, then to the individual awards.”

In that case let me get on with the Prize of our game. The Falcon itself!”

The guests ooh and aah as Curly brings it out.

“All these trophies except for the Falcon were made by the Almighty Salmon, so watch out. They’re unique. Now we all know that SupaGoof won the Falcon thanks to his clever tactics. So come on up and except the prize Graklok!”

Mafia V – The Falcon

Mafia V – The Falcon
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/Jdebelly/falcon1a-1.gif

“To me – as you may know I always root for the little guy (being Chaotic Good and all) one other big winner was…. Emperor Demonking!!! Emperor Demonking managed to survive against all the odds until the very end scene. Give him a big hand ladies and gentlemen He was the Mafia V – Last Citizen Standing!!! Let’s give him a big hand for not getting killed!!!”

(applause)

Mafia V – Last Citizen Standing

Mafia V – Last Citizen Standing
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/895/lcsrx0.png

The other big winners were, of course all the surviving members of the game after Raiser B1ade was lynched: Supagoof, Whitehelm, Cult of the Raven, Emperor Demonking, and Traveling Angel!

Mafia V - You just survived!

Mafia V - You just survived!
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8195/yjspd9.png

As I’m unorganized and I can’t remember who the first Kill PM was (boo! boo!) I’ll give a three-way tie to the first three people to be killed in the game: Vonriel, RadikalSkippy, and Helgraf!

“And sadly we had three deaths the first night. These were RadikalSkippy, Vonriel and Helgraf.” The audience gives a sympathetic “Aaaw.” As Helgraf, RS and Vonriel make their way up to the stage to collect their trophies.

Mafia V – First to be Killed

Mafia V – First to be Killed
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3759/ftbkza2.png

Curly then brings on the trophies for First Templar Killed and First Shadow Agent Killed. ((Andre makes some excuse about why she should give them))

“OK. Out two evil factions for this game were the Templars, and the first person to die in this faction was Alarra and Timberwolf was the first SA killed. Come up and accept your shame personified! Come on, I know you’re out there.”

“I hope you’re proud of this failure.” she says caustically.

This award (sadly) goes to Alarra!

Mafia V – First Templar Knight to be Killed

Mafia V – First Templar Knight to be Killed
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7686/ftktbkii4.png

This award goes to the first Shadow Agent killed (not autolynched) – Timberwolf!

Mafia V – First Shadow Agent to be Killed

Mafia V – First Shadow Agent to be Killed
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2979/fsatbkqm9.png

Andre runs back onto the stage suddenly, “Umm, perhaps I’ll take over presenting now Curly.”

“Get on with it then.”

“And now for our survivors. Our Last Surviving Shadow Agent was uh, no one. And our last surving Templar was Cult_off_the_Raven. While all our survivors get a You Just Survived! Trophy hand made for them. Now come up here and let’s caht about how you managed to live until the end.”

This award goes to Cult of the Raven!
Mafia V - Surviving Templar Knight

Mafia V - Surviving Templar Knight
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9421/stkvh2.png

Sorry – there were no surviving Shadow Agents, but this award is pretty cool looking!

Mafia V - Surviving Shadow Agent

Mafia V - Surviving Shadow Agent
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8315/ssamb4.png

“Of course, to counteract that we have another sad moment.”

Andre adopts a sorrowful tone.

“Due to the nature of our game far more many died than survived so everyone who died can come up here and except their prize.”

Curly walks onto the stage and takes her trophy before sitting down on the best chair there. All these people may adopt this very cool trophy:

Alarra, Almighty Salmon, Androgial, Atreyu the Masked Llama, Crystall Myr, CurlyKitGirl, EmeraldRose, Eldritch Knight, Endeavourl, evnafets, Fleeing Coward, Helgraf, HyramGraff, Freshmeat, Jontom Xire , Khaldan, Korias, Kyrian, Malmagor Andrigal, North, radikalskippy, Raiser B1ade, Raldor, S.Hadow, Timberwolf, Trix, Vonriel, Zar Peter.

Mafia V – You were killed

Mafia V – You were killed
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4931/restinpeaceeo1.png

Whitehelm – Instead of doing one for the Shadow, we thought you stood out a bit more for your absolute grisly dedication to the night kills. Mostly for killing the lovers, he had a bodycount of 5 – but almost all were citizens. Way to go you maniac!”

Whitehelm slinks out of the shadows that bear his name to accept his rewards. The audience bursts into factions of boos and cheers, each nearly drowning out the other.
Mafia V - Slaughterer

Mafia V - Slaughterer
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9237/slaughterersd2.png

“Don’t go now whitehelm. Because you get one more trophy. As does Freshmeat, Supagoof and North! Give them a big round of applause. The Trustful Friends trophy is given to you two for outstanding trust on whitehelm’s part and the astounding actions of Freshmeat in organising the Citizen’s team.”

Mafia V - Trustful Friends

Mafia V - Trustful Friends
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/8838/trustfulvh3.png

“And an award for all the 16 citizens – to include the Upright Citizens Brigade. You were the backbone of the game! Thanks for playing, and hope you get the roles you want next time! Radikalskippy, Zar Peter, Fleeing Coward, Trix, Almighty Salmon, HyramGraff, CurlyKitGirl, Kyrian, Freshmeat, S.Hadow, Emporer Demonking, Androgial, Raldor, evnafets, Endeavourl, Malmagor Andrigal, and (the absolute love of my life ->) EmeraldRose.

Mafia V – Average Citizen

Mafia V – Average Citizen
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/661/averagecitizenqo2.png

North – outstanding job as the Scryer! And, of course as a Trusted Friend.

Mafia V – Private Eye

Mafia V – Private Eye
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8774/theprivateeyehx5.png

Traveling Angel – the Patsy, but still a trusted member of the community!

Mafia V – The Patsy (Fool)

Mafia V – The Patsy (Fool)
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5033/thepatsyfr4.png

“And now for our strangest roles: The Lovers. These two star crossed Lovers fought against the odds to remain alive but failed. Why don’t you two tell us how you felt. Llama and Eldrith Knight – the Lovers! Be assured, this will be the last time I’ll ever willingly include the Lovers in any of my games.”

Curly walks on once more with the Lovers trophy and hands It to them making kiss kiss noises all thw while.

Mafia V – The Lovers

Mafia V – The Lovers
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2518/theloversfc4.png

SupaGoof – Amazing job as both Day and Night baner! You can’t do better than be the winningest winner!

Mafia V – The District Attorney

Mafia V – The District Attorney
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2808/districtattorneybm4.png

First Vonriel, then Trix – you both have claim to this new image fresh for your signature block!
Mafia V – The Fanboy

Mafia V – The Fanboy
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3156/fanboyaw0.png

“And of course, Helgraf is the Mayor of Mafia V so we’ll give him one last round of applause.” A roar of applause causes Helgraf to blush as he stands up and bows.

Mafia V – Mayor of the City

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/MafiaMayor.png

Thank you all for playing!

Mafia IV – Star Wars is recruiting NOW!

Mafia VI will return as soon as Mafia IV completes!

North
2007-11-09, 02:32 PM
*Cheers*

*Applauds*

*Mourns lack of lap dancers*:smallwink:

WOOT!

Great job Andre! Thank you for an excellent game!

Salmon! Those are all awesome!

Citizens Win!

Jontom - Id have to check with Andre but I only got protection on one night I think. And I dont think that night was it. I was pretty defenseless the whole game.

Thanks Curly for the Awards Post! :smallredface: Awesome work!

What I didnt edit anything in... :smallredface:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-09, 02:34 PM
Thabkyou. I hope you liked that post. Andre really did a good job writing that. :smallamused: *coughcoughIwroteitcoughcough*

Zar Peter
2007-11-09, 02:45 PM
Great writing Andre :smallbiggrin:
I liked the villager part most:

... hope you get the roles you want next time!

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-09, 02:59 PM
Great writing Andre :smallbiggrin:
I liked the villager part most:

Yeah, 'twas fun to write, but confusing too.

But more congratulations go to 'Goof, North, Freshmeat and whitehelm for thier circle of trst.

whitehelm
2007-11-09, 03:18 PM
Most of what happened after Freshmeat's death was just following bandwagons to kill Mafia...
Day 6: We kill evnafets, who had just been scried. Of note is Raven starting a bandwagon at me, which leads me to believe that the Oracle scried me, and they're trying to get me lynched since I could protect myself at night. Therefore Raven is a templar, and I start protecting myself (if it wasn't for that, I may have died the next night...I was going to kill again)
Night 6: I wanted Raven to get scried, but Jontom Xire gets scried instead. No big deal, cause he's a templar also.
Day 7: We kill Jontom Xire, leaving endeavourl alive to keep the 2 factions even.
Goof gets the Falcon
Night 7: Raiser B1ade gets scried
Day 8: We want to kill a Shadow Agent, because the Fat man could recruit enough to win the game, and we decide to kill endeavourl because he was outed so Raiser B1ade will vote for him.
Night 8: We were suspicious about TA pointing at me, so we scry TA to confirm he really is the Patsy, and hasn't been lying about that.
Day 9: We kill Raiser B1ade for the win.

Eldritch Knight
2007-11-09, 11:52 PM
Woo! I'd have loved something like these for Mafia II... Best Game I've ever played.

Skippy
2007-11-10, 12:01 AM
Congrats for the game!! Excellent job, Andre, it was enjoyable the little time I was here. I was really sad for being a random first kill, more since I really wanted to advance further my character's story, but ah well :smallsigh:

Good work, everyone! We'll be seeing more of each other in the next game!

As for my trophies, I'm trying to compile all three in a single image file, so I can sig them without problems with the image restriction in sigs.

Supagoof
2007-11-10, 12:27 AM
Thank you for the trophies! *Snatches them up* Now I just need out find a way to get them all in my sig.

I want to thank Eldritch. I tried my best to save you, but unfortunately the Shadow was a maniac with killings! (Go Whitehelm!) So even though I could save you for the day, I couldn't protect both you and Atreyu at night.

I was happy the DA role got changed. Making the DA recruitable would have been a win for any team that had him, so I propose we split his role into two. Being able to choose during the day whether or not to save someone is nice and makes the day baner an effective role. Something it's not in most other games that I've narrated or been in. And with the loss of 2 people at night as a possibility (either to death or recruitment) it just makes sense to equalize the citizens ability to protect themselves. By splitting the role into two you can remove the lock I had on keeping the falcon all to myself by putting the possibility of attacked/lynched into more use.

Anyway, the true victory goes to Freshmeat. He had the courage to step up and place his neck on the line to unite the party together. Once north, Shadow and I were in cahoots, we were pretty good at figuring out who the rest were.

TA did a great job of outing himself and protecting himself as well. Even though I was in contact with him, he constantly choose to start each day by pointing at whitehelm - why point at the person who was most likely to be the Shadow? To keep everyone else from thinking he was in cahoots with the rest of us and therefore not worth killing at night as he'd likely be lynched the next day.

And yeah, it pretty much went down as Freshmeat described. I couldn't tell if he was a Shadow/Templar trying to convince me to protect another Shadow/Templar or if he was honestly going for the citizen win. When North came forward and openly confirmed my identity to me, trust was certified. Shortly after I learned whitehelm was the Shadow, and I don't think he had gotten the word that the DA couldn't be recruited, but it came around.

Apologies to Fleeing Coward, I had endeavour kill you because we thought you may have been Templar. It was his life or Jontom's on the line that day I made the deal with him, and since keeping him alive kept balance, we choose Jontom. Good thing it turns out.But about the Shadow killing you, my bad - Sorry. To make up for it and to seal the win for the citizens we lynched him the next day.

Jontom - you were up for scrying as soon as I had to take over the lead from Freshmeat. When he died, I stepped up to direct our club. Until that point I was just happy to protect whoever Freshmeat said needed it. He was doing a great job running our small gang and I was to busy planning LLD. But I had seen how well you were doing running the bad guys in YOW2, and well.....sorry that the ends to your games came so close to each other.

Andre, great game. I enjoyed the scenes and the other stuff happening behind the scenes. I mean, the bug planted in Shadow's place made me turn to passing notes to TA and such. *Since a bug can't hear what's been read. :smallwink: *

And finally, CAN I PLEASE PLAY A WW GAME AS A VILLAGER ONE OF THESE DAYS! Honestly, once (in games I've finished :smalltongue: )....and I was lynched day 3.

Helgraf
2007-11-10, 01:52 AM
Heh.

It looked like an interesting game. Pity my internet crap kept me from using my post as mayor to do interesting - or at least fun - stuff.

Also, I seem to have picked up a ton of trophies for dying.

No trophy for being the Mole though. ;)

Helgraf
2007-11-10, 02:01 AM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3759/ftbkza2.png
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4931/restinpeaceeo1.png
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/MafiaMayor.png

Ya know, awards for getting killed is kinda morbid. I like this hat though...

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-10, 03:08 AM
Apologies to Fleeing Coward, I had endeavour kill you because we thought you may have been Templar. It was his life or Jontom's on the line that day I made the deal with him, and since keeping him alive kept balance, we choose Jontom. Good thing it turns out.But about the Shadow killing you, my bad - Sorry. To make up for it and to seal the win for the citizens we lynched him the next day.
It doesn't matter much. I came here to get lynched the first day, you decided to keep me alive for whatever reason it was so I just pointed to avoid the autolynch. Was sprised it took so long before I got killed.
Interestingly enough, I never actually declined the offer from the Shadow Agency and I was wondering what would have happened if I had asked to join on the night that they killed me.

whitehelm
2007-11-10, 04:39 AM
Eldritch wasn't on my kill list, I killed Llama and unfortunately they happened to be lovers. I'd also like to mention that the killing spree was all Freshmeat's idea, I just agreed with him. :smallwink:

Freshmeat
2007-11-10, 05:40 AM
These awards are great, Salmon. Especially 'slaughterer' and 'surviving shadow agent'.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-11-10, 04:02 PM
You must admit, we did a pretty good job. If only we had kept our marshal a little longer... :smallbiggrin:

Korias
2007-11-10, 04:06 PM
You must admit, we did a pretty good job. If only we had kept our marshal a little longer... :smallbiggrin:

Alas... I gain more experience every game. I shall return a better knight!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-10, 11:17 PM
I was just reminded of an anecdote.... running games is really really cool.

Night 1, and Whitehelm had already sent in the kill order for Vonriel.

Vonriel was the Fanboy, by the way - but didn't know if he was the Shadow or the Fanboy.

Before the night was up, Vonriel posted that he was stepping out of the game. So I hooked up with him in chat - luckily he was on.

I'd always rather someone give up a role to an active player, so I asked him to give me the names of 5 players and I'd give his role to them.

So he names off 5 players - I think they were Timberwolf, Crystal Myr, Trix, Cult of the Raven, and Traveling Angel.

I say immediatly respond: Cool! Choice is made.

He was like - "How many had roles?"

My response: "4/5. And the other one currently has... a package."

His response: "Head desk."

Hey Vonriel - too bad you didn't play - you did have 5 of 5 important players pegged immediatly at the onset of the game!

Skippy
2007-11-11, 01:10 AM
I'm still annoyed that this is the first game I play because of the RP, rather than winning or losing, and I got killed before i could really get to know my character.

Raiser, next time I have a chance to kill you, your death will be gruesome.