PDA

View Full Version : Redemption IC



Siric
2007-10-13, 04:41 PM
Prologue

The boat rocks back and forth as wave after wave hits the side of the ship, threatening to knock it over. You hear the deckhands above you, running around and shouting commands as the storm attempts to wrestle control of the ship.

It's a fine ship by all standards. Serving under the name of Taladar's Navy, this boat as seen a number of battles, and a storm isn't much to be worried about. Below deck, it might not be the most luxurious ride, but it could be a lot worse. Around you are your fellow convicts, and in front of you sits a Paladin.

He's completely covered in armor, from toe to neck and a helmet on top. You can't tell much about him, except that he is a gnome. At first, he sat there in deep concentration, and afterwards he looks at each convict, with a pleased look on his face. That is, until he saw the convict regarded as "Mister Snow" in which he scowled and let out a low growl.

He continued to sit in silence until he brought out a small orb that was glowing red. The orb grew redder, causing a small pain in the back of your neck, at which point, the orb went down to a faint glow.

After pocketing the orb, he finally stands up and begins to speak. "You can call me Brother Folip. Or you can call me Redeemer Timper. I'll make the orders, and you'll obey them. If you don't, then you'll get hurt.

"We are headed towards the Excavation Site. The dwarves have claimed that the tunnels are down, due to to a cave-in, but our scouts report to have seen no such cave-in. No doubt, they probably have a problem, and they expect us to take care of it. In exchange, we get an artifact. The Order doesn't know what it does, or any value it has, but we can't take the chance.

"Your participation will make things easier. While I can't watch you all the time, there are a set of rules that you now live by. Bad deeds will not go unpunished. This is your chance to make up for your past actions. Don't mess it up."

After finishing is speech, he walks away to apparently retire to his room. "Feel free to do what you want, while following the rules of the boat. This is the Captain's home. Respect that." As he walks out of view, he yells behind him "Remember, if I die, you die!"

Besides the shouts and stomps above you, the room is quiet.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-13, 05:17 PM
"'Bad deeds will not go unpunished,'" Seraphina repeats mockingly when she thinks the paladin's out of earshot. "Thhhhpt! Stupid stuffed-shirt."

Abruptly, something seems to occur to her. "Hey, wait -- so is Timper or Folip his last name?" She looks at the others as if they might have the answer, then peers more closely at Mister Snow, remembering how the paladin regarded that one in particular.

Mavian
2007-10-13, 05:43 PM
Looking around the hold of the boat, he narrows his eyes and glares when the paladin produces the glowing ball of hurtiness. Watching carefully to see where he puts it when he's done tormenting them, he files the information in his head.

"Now, I'm new to this whole "adventurin" thing, but if we're supposed to go get something from these dwarves, I don't see why we just don't take it from there grubby little mitts. I never knew a dwarf that wouldn't sell his mother if the price was right."

He turns his attention to the little one beside him.

"He's names not really all that important, little one, whats important is getting our hands on that little ball he's using to control us, so we can get out of this stinkin death trap"

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-13, 06:10 PM
"Seraphina, or just Sera," the tibbit corrects. "I stopped going by 'little one' years ago."

She flashes a wry grin, then tilts her head and continues, her mercurial expression turning sober and inquisitive, "Anyway, how're we supposed to do that? I'm sure he's expecting it. And I don't know what protections he's got to keep us from taking it. Do you?"

Mavian
2007-10-13, 06:14 PM
"The pleasure at our meeting, however unfortunate the circumstances, is all mine, Seraphina" He stands and catches his balance for a moment before bowing low to the Tibbit

"As to the answer to your question, Not at the moment, but we could always ask him, No?"

Tacitus
2007-10-13, 06:22 PM
Thoven

With bloodshot eyes the old gnome convict sits in his chair, rocking in time with the motions of the boat as though he were being lulled to sleep. As the lids of his eyes slowly close he offers a single comment a few moments too late, "Neither." He paused, still swaying as his eyes closed entirely, "Might both be one of many first names. We gnomes tend to do that, taking more names, that is. I've got three first names and a last name." Though, of course, he didn't actually say what any of them were.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-13, 06:34 PM
Seraphina blushes in spite of herself at the human man's surprisingly formal gesture, then quickly shifts her attention to the gnome.

"Oh! Oh ... I didn't know that. Good to know. Good, so ... good."

She lapses into silence for about a second, eyes down and twiddling her thumbs, then abruptly remembers that the human actually said something, too, and snaps her gaze sharply back up.

"Wait, what? Ask him? Are you serious?"

Mavian
2007-10-13, 07:05 PM
"I don't see why not, people just love to tell me things."

He grins and twiddles his fingers, causing various small objects to appear and vanish.

"Of course, they usually require a little bit of persuasion before hand"

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-13, 07:23 PM
The tibbit's eyes go slightly wider at the display, just for a moment, then narrow again a little, her expression becoming one of reserved skepticism.

"You really think you can convince him?" she asks seriously.

Mavian
2007-10-13, 07:36 PM
"What's the harm in trying? I mean, the worst thing he's going to do is kill me, which with the way he's been acting, is all ready more than likely to occur"

He reaches up to scratches at his face and mumbles something, as a small mouse climbs out of his nose, and clambers onto the top of his head.


DC [roll0]
Need to beat that with a spot check. If you do you can look in the spoiler

Casting Silent Image to create the mouse



"And I'm fairly sure that if I catch him in the right mood, I can get him to tell me anything"

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-13, 07:46 PM
"What's the harm in trying? I mean, the worst thing he's going to do is kill me, which with the way he's been acting, is all ready more than likely to occur"

He reaches up to scratches at his face and mumbles something, as a small mouse climbs out of his nose, and clambers onto the top of his head.

"And I'm fairly sure that if I catch him in the right mood, I can get him to tell me anything"

Seraphina's eyes light on the mouse and take on a distinctly "predator eyeing prey" look, but she stays put and, gaze still fixed on the mouse, asks, "Is ... is that your familiar?"

Mavian
2007-10-13, 08:04 PM
"Is what my familiar?"

He looks around for awhile, the mouse still perched on his head, before turning back

"Are you feeling well? You seem to be seeing things"

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-13, 10:28 PM
There's a long pause, a "will she buy it?" moment, as Seraphina peers intently at the smooth-talking human.

Finally, she pouts and stamps her foot.

"You do know what I'm talking about!" she insists, a little petulantly, her cheeks reddening again at nearly having been fooled by such an outlandish lie. "Quit pulling my leg. Is that your familiar or ... or pet ... or what?"

Mavian
2007-10-13, 10:36 PM
"Its nothing but a trick of light and shadow, not really anything at all. It doesn't exist" He allows the mouse to run down his shoulder to the floor, before it evaporates into simple motes of light.

"It's just something to keep the mind focused on this mind-numbingly boring boat ride." He yawns and shifts abit. "What you in for anyway? I mean, you don't seem like a criminal, hardened to life on the inside. Not like the rest of us anyways"


He waves his arms to indicate the rest of the prisoners.

Tacitus
2007-10-13, 10:43 PM
Thoven

Once again he speaks slowly, after the truth has been revealed, as if he is processing things slowly. With a twitch of his eye and a stare he shakes his head, "I haven't had one of those really good mushrooms in years and now I'm seeing things?" It will likely be another minute or so before the comment about the other prisoners sinks in.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-13, 11:39 PM
The sudden outburst cuts into Seraphina's train of thought, and she forgets about the fictional mouse and instead cuts her eyes to the gnome again, eyeing him for a long moment. Just as abruptly, she dismisses the remark and looks back up at the human.

"Theft," she replies after a brief hesitation. There's another long pause, and then she adds, almost under her breath, "Mostly."

Mavian
2007-10-14, 12:57 AM
"Theft? They threw you on this death cruise for theft? Man, they must be desperate for cannon fodder if they got you for theft. I mean, murder I could see, but theft is hardly even a crime."

He shakes his head sadly,

"What is this world coming to when a pretty young thing like you gets sent on a trip like this for theft."

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-14, 01:28 AM
Seraphina opens her mouth to explain the rest, but the words never quite pass her lips as her mind latches onto the compliment and promptly discards the rest of the discussion as irrelevant.

"Pretty, huh?" she purrs coyly, flashing an impish smile. "Flatterer."

She tilts her head slightly then, her ever-changing expression shifting again to one of open curiousity. "You never did tell me your name or why you're here?" she murmers, making it sound like a question.

Siric
2007-10-14, 01:37 AM
((Oh, for future notice, use spoilers for rolls in this thread. There will be no roll thread.))

Mavian
2007-10-14, 01:42 AM
"Names Wilhem, they called me the Silvertongue back when I was a youngin, and it stuck."

He grins and slowly begins to count off on his fingers

"They got me for, Theft, Embezzlement, Forgery, Loan Sharking, Misuse of Magic, Adultery, slept with the mayors wife... she seemed to enjoy it though, and selling illegal goods"

He stops and ponders for a moment.

"Oh yeah, the also tacked on High Treason in the end, something about my selling some weapons to some old friends of mine, who just happened to take up piracy... How was I supposed to know what they were gonna end up using them for."

Tacitus
2007-10-14, 01:50 AM
Thoven

The dazed old gnome's head lolls to one side, and then the other, swaying serenely in time with the boat. He doesn't seem to have a care in the world, "Eight years and counting for possession of drugs. Granted, it was a shipload, but..." He may just not be paying attention entirely, picking up bits and pieces as one would with selective hearing.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-14, 02:16 AM
Eyes wide, Seraphina listens as Wilhem lists his various offenses. She casts a glance at the gnome, noting his comment and quickly connecting it back to the earleir remark about mushrooms, then frowns slightly.

"All I did was steal," she admits finally with a helpless shrug. "A lot."

She considers briefly, then adds sheepishly, "Although I did eat a guard's familiar by accident."

Mavian
2007-10-14, 02:39 AM
Hearing the gnomes remark, Wilhelm turns to consider him.

"What were you running, and was it for personal use or resale? I only ask because I used to know a guy, who knew a guy, if you know what I mean, who paid top dollar for anything he could get his hands on. We get outta this mess, perhaps you and I could make a business arrangement?"


He pats down his pockets and sighs,

"Silly paladins probably burnt my business cards when they got rid of my possessions. 1 a gold per hundred I paid for those" He shakes his head once again at societies decline.

Turning back to Seraphina.

"Did you have any way of knowing that this supposed 'familiar'" he adds the quotes with his fingers "was anything than the animal it appeared? Because otherwise, its just an honest mistake."

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-14, 02:53 AM
The tibbit looks scandalized.

"Of course I didn't know! I'd never -- I mean, if I'd known, but I ... but ..."

She sighs and looks down.

"But I think that's when I suddenly became important enough to go after, anyway."

Suddenly, she looks annoyed. "Of course, all I was charged with was theft -- not that anyone I ever stole from didn't deserve it."

Mavian
2007-10-14, 03:00 AM
He grins broadly,

"Your protesting to the wrong man there Little Miss. I stole from anyone who had money, until I discovered that it was much more lucrative to go into business than it was to commit common theft. Much safer too"

He looks around the hold once more.

"I wonder if we're allowed to go up on deck now that we're att sea and there's no chance of us bolting, I could use a bit of fresh air"

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-14, 09:35 AM
"Let's ask!" Seraphina agrees cheerfully, standing with the intention of making her way up to the deck and, apparently, "asking" by simply doing it.

Siric
2007-10-14, 11:24 AM
All the while, as the convicts have their polite conversation, the shouts and the stomping from above became louder and louder. And, at the same time that Seraphina had decided to make her way up the stairs, a rather rude deckhand had pushed her out of the way on his run down the stairs and towards the paladin's chamber.

He's banging on the door while making the frequent cry "Orcs!", which of course caused the gnome to venture out..."Did you say orcs?"
"Pirates, sir."
"Pirates?!"
"Yes sir, Pirates."
The gnome smiles. "I love orcs," he says as he waddles towards the stairs, "There so easy to kill," he pulls out his warhammer, "and there's so many of them. And the best part is, you can never feel bad for putting them down!" Weapon in one hand, shield in the other, the convicts watch as the paladin continues to waddle up the stairs, remembering what he said earlier about his death (except for Thoven maybe, who was in the middle of a wicked ride).

Tacitus
2007-10-14, 02:03 PM
Thoven

Still swaying back and forth he smiles, "Enough shrooms to put down a...well...something big for a very long time." A dreamy look came to his eye, his mouth watering as he thought about all those delicious triptastic shrooms. He had never given thought to what actually happened to them after they were confiscated, but hoped they hadn't been burned or something crazy. He knew the chances of them being used were less than one percent in such a strict nation as Taladar. So far, the thought of flying away as opposed to being stuck on the boat hadn't really occured to him, though neither did the fact that there are orc pirates somewhere nearby, but that would likely hit him soon enough.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-14, 07:36 PM
"Hey! Big oaf!"

Recovering her footing, Seraphina glares angrily at the retreating back of the deckhand. Then her ears perk up at the mention of pirates.

"Hey, did you hear that?" she asks the other two, then starts again and turns to watch as the gnomish paladin gleefully charges out, warhammer in hand. Her expression shifts from mild dismay to resignation before settling finally on wry amusement.

"Guess we'd better follow." Twisting her expression into a cheerful one, she adds, "Maybe we can take the orcs' plunder!"

She draws her sword and follows up after the gnome, moving more slowly and keeping low.

Hide/Move Silently and assuming Assassin's Stance

Mavian
2007-10-14, 08:52 PM
OOC: We rolling init yet?

Wilhelm mutters a few words under his breath and fades from view, before cautiously climbing up on deck.



Casts invisibility
Will last for 5 minutes

Tacitus
2007-10-14, 09:19 PM
Thoven

The druid does not apparently notice the others leave, talking to himself or possibly even the silent one, whose name he has obviously not yet learned, "I also had a nice crop of new stuff that I had found in the forests of Metito along with the elves. Now there is a group of blokes that knows how to party. They got a century or two on me, and thats just in this particular generation!" He blinks, "Orcs?"

Siric
2007-10-14, 11:23 PM
((Yeah, I sent him a PM. Hopefully, he'll respond.

Roll for Initiative.))
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mavian
2007-10-14, 11:30 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-14, 11:40 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Tacitus
2007-10-14, 11:42 PM
Thoven
HP: 38 AC: 18 Init: ???

Initiative: [roll0]

((And the spaced out hippie gets a natural 20...))

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-14, 11:43 PM
(Great. The gnome goes first, and he's just barely aware of there being orcs. Classic. :smalltongue: )

Siric
2007-10-15, 12:47 AM
((If we want we can wait until morning [Morning for me, that is], and give Seribro a chance to reply. Or we can push on forward. Either way, I'm posting this))

You're barely able to make your way through the cowardly deckhands who have no desire to fight this battle when there are five perfectly good warriors to defend the boat. Also, you're pretty sure you heard a few murmurs about their "new Yolinchet technology."

Upon reaching the top, you see a large number of orcs scattered about the boat. Chances are, there's even more below deck. In the Crow's nest, you see one peculiar bald, who's missing an eye. He's definitely powerful, but he seems quite distracted at the moment, reading loudly from a book, causing the orcs to be quite...rowdy.

As Brother Folip steps out, he is a little bit caught of guard. "Is... is that a preacher?"

((And, I made a rather simplistic map of... the scene, via paint. yay me ^.^))
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7822/redemptionwq0.png
[roll0]

EDIT: Oh, and Tacitus, make another roll. Just humor me.
EDIT2: Thanks. Carry on!

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-15, 01:49 AM
((I'm fine either way, personally. Question, though: what's the distance to that preacher orc? :smallwink: ))

Siric
2007-10-15, 08:49 AM
((Far away.... let's see, Mast to Mast is about... 50 feet. The Height is about 40 feet-ish... basic math says...

He's about 65 feet away from your boat, 40 feet away from his boat.))

Initiative:Thoven -[22]
Sera -[18]
Mister Snow -[16]
Orcs -[16]
Silvertounge -[6]
Paladin -[4]

Seribro
2007-10-15, 11:16 AM
When the allarms are sound, a sigh is heart from the top bench at the right sight of the teams quarters. A few more seconds pass and then the man known as Mr. Snow rolls out of his bed and drops down to the floor, landing on his legs asif he had never done anything else. With some grumbling the balding old hulk grabs his long grey coat and buckles up a broad belt with rapier on one side and two cases of bolts on the other. He grabs his crossbow from the table and pushes open the door while grumbling some more.
He follows the rest upstairs, already knowing what to expect thanks to his trusty familiar sitting on a first row seat at the front deck.

[roll0]

Tacitus
2007-10-15, 12:51 PM
Thoven

Through bleary bloodshot eyes the strange little gnome watches the last of his unwilling companions leave him alone. With a sneeze his overly large nose changed shape to something of a beak and his eyes grew somewhat larger. With a sigh, "Oh, orcs. Well, lets get nuts, we can get stoned later." In a swift change the remainder of his body drastically changed, his equipment disappearing as feathers sprouted all across his body. A flap of his wings and he was off with a bolt of speed, heading up to observe the battle.

Swift action: Shapeshift
Double move action.
Shapechange lists a 40ft move speed. I dunno if it should be less due to decreased size. Regardless, medium load for speed reduction.
+2 Str, +2 Nat Armor, +2 (maybe 3, can't remember) Ref save, -3 Armor, -2 Shield.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-16, 04:44 PM
(OOC: Is it my turn? I was still waiting for the combat post that explains where we all are in relation to our opponents and the orcs and what the situation is in terms of cover and etc. I don't know what to do because I don't know where everything is yet, or even how far away the closest orc was. My last move was sneaking up the stairs ... have I been spotted? And ... etc. ...)

Tacitus
2007-10-16, 06:34 PM
((I've found that it is generally faster if players post without regard to initiative order and the DM sorts it out when making his post for the round, or group of rounds if the game uses a combat system where players post more than one round of combat at a time for speed. If/then statements help a lot in such situations. That aside, I do believe you should post, as Siric has made an IC since you last posted, mentioning ya'll reaching the deck but did not mention you being spotted.))

Siric
2007-10-16, 06:37 PM
((Far away.... let's see, Mast to Mast is about... 50 feet. The Height is about 40 feet-ish... basic math says...

He's about 65 feet away from your boat, 40 feet away from his boat.))

Initiative:Thoven -[22]
Sera -[18]
Mister Snow -[16]
Orcs -[16]
Silvertounge -[6]
Paladin -[4]
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7822/redemptionwq0.png
[roll0]
Also, the Mast provides total cover.

And are you "sneaking up?" Or walking up? Cause you might want to roll for MS, and Hide (using the stairs for some concealment... there isn't much concealment on the boat) Bah, they're Orcs, doubt they'll see you.

EDIT:
((I've found that it is generally faster if players post without regard to initiative order and the DM sorts it out when making his post for the round, or group of rounds if the game uses a combat system where players post more than one round of combat at a time for speed. If/then statements help a lot in such situations. That aside, I do believe you should post, as Siric has made an IC since you last posted, mentioning ya'll reaching the deck but did not mention you being spotted.)) Agreed. The Initiative is for me. No need to post an any real order.

Seribro
2007-10-16, 07:00 PM
As Mr. Snow appeared on deck, he noticed the orcs were just about to cross the planks. Great, just great... First that annoying bastard and his prayer, or what ever it is he is doing... As he had been watching up, mister snow hadn't seen the tibbit in hiding and almost stepped on top of one of her appendages. He didn't really care though. If she was weak, she wouldn't have been brought along.
He lifts up the crossbow and uses the other arm to stabalize for a clean shot.
[roll0]

Seribro
2007-10-16, 07:02 PM
The bolt whistles through the air and gets in a clean hit on the orc.
[roll0]
Mr Snow doesn't wish to wait for an answer and is already reloading the bow.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-16, 09:53 PM
Yes, sneaking. =)

Seraphina creeps up the stairs to the top, around the mast ...

Hide: [roll0] Move Silently: [roll1]

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-16, 10:03 PM
... and attacks the nearest as-yet-untouched orc with a sudden lunge from out of seemingly nowhere, her blade trailing flames as it dives toward its target!

Attack roll: [roll0] (using the Burning Blade technique as a boost this round)

Assuming a successful hit, damage: [roll1] (weapon: 1d6+5 + 2d6 sneak attack [Assassin's Stance -- assuming the orc is flatfooted] + 1d6+5 for Burning Blade)

Mavian
2007-10-16, 10:12 PM
I are invisible, so I'll post in spoilers for the DM only.

I'm going to cast Minor Image at the rigging of the orcish ship, the illusion is of a flaming arrow striking the sail and causing them to break out in flame.

Siric
2007-10-17, 12:51 AM
Right after a bird flies from the stairs to the skies, Orcs rush across the ship, they are stricken down. One gets a nice bolt in the face, another gets simultaneously burned and stabbed. But it seems that for each one that is struck down, two more appear, stabbing with their pointy sticks, slashing with their swords, or just plain head bashin'... to no avail, as they all miss ((-_-' cursed orcs))

Luckily, their sail seems to have "caught fire." This, as a result, has caused a couple of Orcs to jump ship before their leader was able to calm them, through more prayers from that book.

Brother Folip stood there gazing at the spiritual leader before waddling over towards an orc by Mister Snow, and promptly smashing him in the face.

Orcs Dead: 4

Next round ^_^

Mavian
2007-10-17, 01:01 AM
@Siric:

Standard Action: Maintain Concentration
Move Action: Twiddle my thumbs and whistle a tune.

I'm going to have the fire seem to climb up the sails slowly, towards the crows nest.
DC:19 will save to disbelieve.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-17, 02:27 AM
"Wow, these orcs are really weak!" Seraphina remarks cheerfully. Suddenly, she disappears in a cloud of inky shadow that swirls into itself, shrinking rapidly until it vanishes entirely within the span of a second.

Shadow Jaunt -- you said it's 50 feet from mast to mast, and Sera's already a little beyond the mast on her ship, so the target is right by the mast on the other ship, where it looks most likely Sera won't be under direct observation anymore. Then she immediately uses her remaining move action to flatten herself against the mast of the enemy ship and attempt to hide again. Move Silently: [roll0] Hide: [roll1]

Edit: Assuming your map is showing our ship being the one swarmed with orcs. If there are still a lot of orcs on the other ship, she'll still do it, but she may end up not trying to hide if a lot of orcs are there looking right at her. :smalltongue:

Seribro
2007-10-17, 03:38 AM
Mister Snow shrugs when one the orcs is turned into a bloody pile of teeth-less green right next to him. "Thanks, I guess"
He fires another arrow at an orc at the walkway,...
[roll0]
[roll1]
...then drops his crossbow and draws his rapier as he walks over to the plank just cleared. ((are the planks just laying from ship to ship or are they somehow secured in place?))

Tacitus
2007-10-17, 12:49 PM
Thoven

The shape changed druid flies down to land upon the mast above the religious sounding orc, trying to hear what he's saying. As he is shape changed he looks just like a normal bird, having chosen to look like a seagull for the moment, though his feet look rather odd, what with having talons.

Seribro
2007-10-17, 02:16 PM
As Mr. Snow appeared on deck, he noticed the orcs were just about to cross the planks. Great, just great... First that annoying bastard and his prayer, or what ever it is he is doing... As he had been watching up, mister snow hadn't seen the tibbit in hiding and almost stepped on top of one of her appendages. He didn't really care though. If she was weak, she wouldn't have been brought along.
He lifts up the crossbow and uses the other arm to stabalize for a clean shot.
[roll0]

((depending on his amount of hitpoints, he is either dead or cursing some sentences that should not be repeated here. There is a bolt sticking out of his... well where ever it got hit.))

Seribro
2007-10-17, 04:57 PM
((How about a free trip attack over the edge having him plunge to a certain death? But I believe were going to far OOC here now. What ever the DM rules in this case is fine by me. I suppose I should have written it a bit more clearly. DM, feel free to delete these three posts, or just replace them to the ooc topic. Or leave 'm be, what ever suits ya best :P))

Siric
2007-10-17, 08:23 PM
((How can I delete your posts? :p Anyways, Yeah, that got real complicated. I'm going to rule that you shot just a normal Orc because Honestly, if you shot the "preacher," the arrow would've bounced off harmlessly.

And before I make my Fluff post
Nowhere GirlDoes that Teleport provoke Attacks of Opportunity's? And you are teleporting at the base of the Mast of the Other ship. Yeah, you can hide their.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-17, 11:33 PM
((How can I delete your posts? :p Anyways, Yeah, that got real complicated. I'm going to rule that you shot just a normal Orc because Honestly, if you shot the "preacher," the arrow would've bounced off harmlessly.

And before I make my Fluff post
Nowhere GirlDoes that Teleport provoke Attacks of Opportunity's? And you are teleporting at the base of the Mast of the Other ship. Yeah, you can hide their.

You know, I wasn't sure about that either at first, as I'm still getting used to swordsages myself. :smalltongue: But then I found it on page 39, under "Concentration," fourth paragraph: "You do not provoke attacks of opportunity when you initiate a manuever or stance unless its description explicitly says otherwise." Which nothing in Shadow Jaunt's description says you provoke an attack ... so no. It does go on to point out that if you do things other than initiating the manuever that may provoke AoOs, you still do unless the manuever explicitly states otherwise (for example, if I took a move action that passed through a threatened square before or after using the Shadow Jaunt, that move action would provoke an attack unless I tumbled to avoid it).

Siric
2007-10-18, 07:58 PM
Thoven
As you can't understand Orcish, you have no idea what he's saying. Also, you don't know what the book says... although you're certain it isn't magical.
Nowhere Girl
You've poofed away, leaving the Orcs behind and confused. Back on the other ship, you can see that most of the Orcs on the deck are gone, but you do hear more clamoring from the stairs.

Mister Snow lets out another bolt, one that is quite ineffective. As he walks toward the loosely placed planks, he gets hit by two orcs, who deal a total of 15 damage.

The Fire continues it's rise up the sail, but the Preacher is unfazed.

The Paladin smashes another Orc, killing it. He yells out towards Mister Snow, "Hey, you dieing already?"

Dead Orcs: 6

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-18, 09:01 PM
Briefly, Seraphina steps from behind the cover of the mast, closing her eyes as she presses the forefinger and thumb of each of her hands together and then "pulls" a thin strand of shadowstuff from nowhere. Her eyes snap open, and she whirls and whips the strand up at the crow's nest, aiming for the throat of the preacher orc, before just as quickly flattening herself against the mast again.

Ranged touch attack (Shadow Garrote): [roll0]

On a successful hit: damage [roll1] (base Shadow Garrote damage plus Insightful Strike damage bonus -- it's not within 30 feet, so I didn't include sneak attack this time) and DC 16 Fortitude Save to avoid becoming flat-footed until the start of its next turn

Hide check: [roll2] (applying the 20-point penalty for hiding after a single attack)

Stance should still be Assassin's Stance for now.

Edit: The above assumes Sera can get line-of-sight to the orc's neck from right at the base of the mast. If not, Sera will just ditch her cover and take a move action to get where she can do the attack (skipping the re-hide attempt).

Mavian
2007-10-18, 09:25 PM
Wilhelms actions.


Move Action:Thumbtwiddlin
Standard Action: Drop a fog cloud between the two ships 21 feet above the ramps. Its a 20ft radius burst, and I'm trying to cover as many of the boarding ramps, and as much of their ship as possible. Leaving one foot between the bottom of the mist and the ramps.

A bank of fog billows out from the point you designate. The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker canít use sight to locate the target).

A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses the fog in 4 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the fog in 1 round.

The spell does not function underwater.

The fire will continue to burn for another 2 rounds.

Tacitus
2007-10-18, 09:32 PM
Thoven

With a hop and a bit of a jump the bird waddles over behind the preacher, "Squak?" In that moment the bird would be replaced with snarling wolf, which lashed out in an attempt to bite through the preacher.

Possible move action to get in place, swift action to go from Aerial Form to Predator Form, standard action to attack.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Seribro
2007-10-19, 03:20 PM
Just as Mr. Snow is about to call for help, a bank of mist wraps itself around the boarding planks and seeps over the edge of both ships inner boards and reduces visibility for both orcs. A few feets back on to the boardingplank he had reached just seconds ago and both orcs seem to dissapear before his eyes. Yet he doesn't need to know their exact location to scorch their faces.

1-25 is a failure, 75-100 a succes[roll0]
if succesfull[roll1]fire damage on both orcs, reflex 15 for half

Siric
2007-10-20, 03:22 PM
Up in the crow's nest, the preacher gets attacked by a wolf, who fails to penetrate his breastplate. The Orc smiles, ready to strike when suddenly, a small line of shadow attempts to kill him. Momentarily stunned from the strike, he recovers from the attack. Moving fast, he grabs the wolf (he's obviously done this before, because his grappling technique is superb, moving in before the wolf was even able to respond with an attack) and tosses him down the mast, which most can't see beyond the fog.

Seraphina and ThovenSeraphina, the Orc looks at you as he tosses the wolf down, but he fails to actually hit you with the wolf.

Thoven, you take eight damage as you fall and hit the floor.

Everyone ElseMister Snow succeeds in killing two more Orcs, as a fog comes down and covers the area. The Paladin smashes another Orc, and the last Orc on the boat comes after the Paladin, but misses.

(9 Dead Orcs)

Tacitus
2007-10-20, 03:36 PM
((Do I have time to take an action before I hit the ground? Swift action to Aerial Form and fly?))

Mavian
2007-10-20, 04:17 PM
Wilhelms next round.


He's gonna move until he finds himself a good seat, and then he's gonna settle in and wait to see what happens

Siric
2007-10-20, 04:36 PM
((Do I have time to take an action before I hit the ground? Swift action to Aerial Form and fly?))

((...yes, considering that the whole event, in my mind, should take more than a few seconds...I might make you take a balance check, however, to regain your motion as you fall... Also, since I'm too lazy to check, do you have a limit to the number of shifting you can do... I don't think there is))

Tacitus
2007-10-20, 06:26 PM
((No, shifting is an unlimited ability. You give up the diversity of wild shape, ability to cast while shapeshifted even with Natural Spell, and the use of an animal companion for it. Swift action, even from one form to another.))

Thoven

Clearly surprised by the orc's actions, Thoven is thrown from the crow's nest in a swift motion of some considerable strength from the orc. As he falls he attempts to change his shape back to that of a bird and catch himself by soaring out over the water to displace his downward momentum.

Balance, if needed: [roll0] No armor check penalty because the armor is absorbed into Thoven's wolf-like body.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-21, 07:35 PM
Somewhere under the cover of billowing clouds of fog ...

Seraphina's already small form shrinks even further, becoming that of an ordinary looking, striped orange tabby. Counting on the concealment the fog provides, she tentatively attempts to begin climbing the mast.

Taking 10 on a Climb check -- total bonus in cat form should be +10 (+4 racial [cat], +6 Dexterity [cats use Dex for Climb checks, and cat form yields +2 more to total Dexterity], so ... a 20 to Climb, assuming the climb doesn't suddenly become rushed and stressful. :smalltongue:

Since she's also trying not to be noticed (although I suppose a cat might be ignored anyway), here are the appropriate checks as well, with cat modifiers applied:

Hide: [roll0]

Move Silently: [roll1]

Mavian
2007-10-21, 07:54 PM
Round 3 Actions. At least I think its 3.

Wilhelm

Cast Ghost Sound.

Creating the sound of 20 men, calling out insults to the orcs, and daring them to come and die. Inside the fog of course.

Seribro
2007-10-22, 04:15 AM
When the sound of two heavy thugs tells him that both orcs have fallen, he smiles broadly and takes a few carefull steps forward again to return to the deck of their own ship (not the orcs, but the human's ship). Ninety degree turn, rapier resting on the edge, hand pushing behind it and running along the board to knock the boarding planks form the board in to the waters below. With his speed he should make it this round to the second boarding plank. This means the middle two planks make a drop down into the sea while the outer most two remain in place.

Siric
2007-10-22, 11:09 PM
ThovenYou shift, and make the fly. Currently flying over the waters. You can't see through the cloud of Fog, you can only see the Orc casting a spell.

Nowhere Girl You begin you're slow descent up the pole. Two more Rounds to reach the Top. That last round is without Fog, which means that people can see you if they look for you. You see Orcs driving out Goblins via whips. The Goblins start to cross the bridge, and when they began to fall, the Orcs stop their forced advancement for a more careful approach. Above you, the preacher starts casting.

Everyone Else
From the Crow's nest, the Orc begins casting a long, drawn out spell.

You hear the ruckus of Orcs, whips, and falling screams.

The Paladin kills the remaining Orc on the boat.

7 Cr .5
2 Cr .3

Tacitus
2007-10-23, 01:35 AM
Thoven

Soaring out over the water the shape changed gnome banks back to turn and return to the boat, his wings carrying him swiftly. If he can spot a place where he might be able to clearly see the mage as well as keep out of danger he will land and return to the shape of a gnome. If he has time he will hold his palm out before him and run his other hand out over it in a swirling pattern, focusing his mind on the space between his palms. A moment later with a flare of light a flickering flame would build within the space, drawing from his connection with the land beyond the sea.

((Cast Produce Flame. Next round I intend to start hurling flame at that thar orc. 1d6+5 for five rounds worth of flaming touch attacks. XD))

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-23, 02:15 AM
Somewhere in the depths of the fog ...

... Seraphina continues climbing steadily, intent on her prey, ears twisting this way and that to pick up the sounds of the battle below her and the chanting above her, nose twitching as she strains to pick out the scent of the orc she stalks.

Seribro
2007-10-23, 04:06 AM
Mr. Snow reaches the boarding plank at the end and knocks that one of too if there is noone on it. If there is somebody on it, I would like a strength check to see if I can force the plank to roll over
[roll0]strength check just in case somebody is already on it

Siric
2007-10-24, 09:09 PM
Nowhere Girl
Still Climbing. Next round, Out of Fog.

As Thoven flies down, shifts, and appears with fire in his hand, the preacher finished his spell, causing 4 Quasits to appear at once, at which point, they disappeared.

The Preacher looked down at his flock, and smiled at the fog... and there was almost a chuckle as he realized that a couple of Goblins had fallen to their death... and then he just continued his spell casting.

Mister Snow tried to pop another board of to no success. As goblins finally made their way across, pushed forward by whips. Brother Folip made his way to the boards, healing Mister Snow for 10 points before getting ready to strike down anyone who tries to pass.

Tacitus
2007-10-24, 09:19 PM
Thoven

Drawing the flame back he aimed up towards the preacher, hoping this would work just enough to disrupt the vile creature's casting. Thrusting his arm forward and up towards the orc he sent a small spark of flame dancing through the air, reaching up to its target with all the speed the magic could muster.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-24, 11:49 PM
Enemy ship, in the cloud of fog ...

As soon as she reaches the top edge of the fog and begins to poke her head out of it, Seraphina tries to circle the mast -- if necessary -- to ensure she's approaching from behind the preacher as she continues up, knowing she'll no longer have any actual cover to rely upon should he happen to look directly down at the mast and that not even a housecat can look very innocuous scaling the mast of a ship in the midst of a pitched battle.

As an aside, is that fire illusion still going? If so, unless she's entitled to (and makes) whatever save it allows, Seraphina will ... *sigh* ... switch to her Flame's Blessing stance as a swift action if she's about to come into contact with it. After all, just because I know it's an illusion doesn't mean she automatically does, but she did at least know from the beginning that she could disregard fire for the most part.

Seribro
2007-10-25, 04:35 AM
Snow draws his rapier and gives a quick nod to the paladin as a token of apreciation. Whatever it was that was crossing over, they would not make it easy upon them. He saw the trembling of the board as feat had started to move across them. He could not see the cratures yet, but they would have to be somewhere along the line of the board.

ready action: sable down any goblin or orc that comes within reach the first

To the sailsmen he calls out "Grab an ore and cover the other boarding plank. Simply knock them into the water by sweeping them from the planks!"

Mavian
2007-10-25, 05:07 PM
Wilhelms Round


casting ghost sound.
The sound of 20 armored men clanking into the fog, before calling out to the orcs to come and die on they're blades.

Siric
2007-10-26, 10:49 AM
Nowhere GirlFinally, as you climb out of the fog, you can tell the end is near. You're just barely made it into the crow's nest when the preacher finished another spell. He summoned another flying creature that, instead of attacking, went down into the fog. The orc picked up his unholy book, and continued his sermon.

The little gnome throws the ball of fire at the preacher, and hits him square in the chest, resulting in his spell failure and severe burns. Or, rather, that's what should have happened. Instead, the flames just wrap around him and disappear. He didn't even acknowledge that he was being attacked.

The orcs press their wave of Goblins, encouraged by their leader, but fearing the taunts of 20 armored men calling out to the orcs to "come and die on they're blades." This is a bit puzzling, as you do not see 20 armored men near by. However, this is causing the Goblin's that come forward to come forward with their eye's closed in fright, which allows you to easily knock them into the water.

Six of the deckhands, now wielding weapons (short swords and Short bows), appear, disappointed that the bloodthirsty, ruthless convicts did not already kill all the orcs. Not letting that stop them, they come up, ready to fight. They're not about to let some convicts beat the Taladarian Navy at orc crushing. As they get ready to help hold the front line, they instead get intercepted by the group of quasits, who are able to paralyze three of the deckhands. The other three, through their combined efforts, are able to take down one quasit.

The paladin turns and sees this. Again, he's momentarily stunned... "How in the Nine Hells... where did they come from! You can't summon monsters anymore!" He let's the heretical attitude about this whole battle enrage him, and he charges ahead into the quasits, striking down another one, yelling "You daft fools! You were supposed to stay below deck!"

This, however, as allowed a small breach, allowing a couple of Goblin's forth. They open their eyes and grin, shouting back to their "comrades."

Tacitus
2007-10-26, 05:09 PM
Thoven

He furrows his brow as he takes note of the preacher's apparent disregard for the small tongue of flame tossed at him. Grumbling to himself he shifts back into the form of a bird, the orb of flame dropping to burn within his talons as he lefts from the ground. If any orcs or goblins beside the preacher are in sight he will assault them, otherwise he will move back towards his own boat, throwing the flame at any enemy he can see.

RTA: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
38/50 rounds remaining, 28 if thrown.

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-26, 05:37 PM
High above the battle ...

"Safely" up in the crow's nest, Seraphina resists the urge to purr as she sees the orcish preacher fully absorbed and just beginning to pick up the sermon again.

Her form quietly shifts and grows behind him, armor and clothing replacing fur, paws becoming hands, and the almost-smile on her formerly feline face becoming a big, impish grin as her fingers tighten once more on her blade.

(Full-round action to shift back to humanoid form, hoping the orc doesn't happen to glance behind him right at this moment. If the illusionary fire at any point convinced Seraphina to switch to her Flame's Blessing stance, she goes back to her Assassin's Stance now as a swift action even if it means risking getting singed, as she knows she has to try to make this fast.)

Seribro
2007-10-26, 07:58 PM
Mr. Snow turns his head a bit and frowns when he finds out there actually were those who new to wield a blade. where had they been hiding all this time? And did that morron just order them to go back below deck?! He was going to have a serious talk with that numbskull when this was all over. That is, if they actually were still alive once this was over...
Then he tries to puncture the first goblin as he appears on the boarding plank from the mist, but misses utterly thanks to the distraction. Oh well, atleast he can fight the critters one by one, or slice them open if they try to pass him onto the ship.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mavian
2007-10-27, 07:40 PM
Wilhelms Actions

Still Invisible:

I'm going to slip below deck, and get as close to the Paladin's room as I can in one round.

Siric
2007-10-28, 11:47 PM
((Nowhere Girl-The flames are gone. And I'm assuming that turning from a cat into a humanoid would be in fact, quite noisy.))

Thoven returns back to his own ship, throwing the flames at another Orc, increasing the mass confusing and panic on their boat. However, behind him, a Yeth Hound gives chase, dealing 8 points of damage. AS Thoven begins his descent, the Hound instead maintains it's height up by the sails.

Meanwhile, Sera emerges up in the crow's nest and turns into her more... civilized form. However, reshaping your bones and flesh is not a quiet matter, and it alerts the Preacher to the intruder.

"...These disturbances are annoying. You all should be dead." As he turns around, his robes turn into a beautifully crafted Full Plate Armour, simultaneously revealing his Orcish Double Axe on his back. "Fine. If you want to fight, then it makes things easier for me," he growls as he pulls off his weapon. He attacks, his axe swiping for her chest twice, the first time barely hitting, the second cutting a little more deep, dealing a total of 15 damage.

The Orcs below, however, are running out of Goblins to push forward. Confident that their cannon fodder had done their Job, they too began to come across the boat. This provides a problem for Mr. Snow and the Paladin, as he uses his hammer to strike down another Imp. The last one wisely decided to retreat down below. The Paladin looks around quickly... "well, there's the girl... and there's the gnome... where's the other one?"

((For a good, Solid Number, we'll say there are Five Goblins and Four Orcs on the Taladarian Boat))

WilhemAs you descend down to the crews quarters, you hear the flapping of wings and the face of a quasit making it's way down the halls... it switches from common to Abyssal constantly, as such, you can only make out some of the things it's saying... "... not going to die... took me from... how... home? Can't get back..." It stops at one of the doors, the only open one within visible range. He slowly alters is shape to a tiny, green toad, and hops inside.

Mavian
2007-10-29, 12:53 AM
Wilhelm's Action


Moving silently, [roll0], Wilhelm is going to move towards the door the quasit entered, and give the room a quick check to determine who's it is. If its anyone but the Paladin's, he's going to close the door and attempt to lock the door.

If its the Paladin's room, Wilhelm is going to ignore the quasit and slip through the door, searching for the Pain Ball.

Tacitus
2007-10-29, 01:06 AM
((Where the hell did the Yeth hound come from? 0.o Was it always there or did I miss a summon...?))

Thoven
HP: 30/38

With wild eyes and a strange squawking sound Thoven glanced back at what had taken a bite of of his tail feathers. He was surprised to find a nasty looking beast he had not seen in the battle before that moment spitting out feathers. He failed in the air and tossed some flame at it, hoping it would either scare it off and wouldn't just make it mad.

RTA: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
17 rounds remaining

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-29, 04:41 AM
((Nowhere Girl-The flames are gone. And I'm assuming that turning from a cat into a humanoid would be in fact, quite noisy.))

Ouch. It never occurred to me to think it would, since there's no mention of that, but good to know the houserule for the future. I suppose Sera would probably still have taken the same action ... I guess. :smalleek:


"...These disturbances are annoying. You all should be dead." As he turns around, his robes turn into a beautifully crafted Full Plate Armour, simultaneously revealing his Orcish Double Axe on his back. "Fine. If you want to fight, then it makes things easier for me," he growls as he pulls off his weapon. He attacks, his axe swiping for her chest twice, the first time barely hitting, the second cutting a little more deep, dealing a total of 15 damage.

Seraphina stumbles, crying out as the axe bites deeply into her side, and catches herself on the railing of the crow's nest as the orc looms over her, weapon held high, dripping with her blood.

Grimacing, she tightens her grip again on the hilt of her sword and, as the orc lifts his weapon to strike once more, hisses, "Not yet."

A subtle shifting of her feet, and the tibbit suddenly seems to sidestep completely out of sight somehow, too quickly to follow. Simultaneously, two rapid, sharp strikes dive out at the orc from seemingly nowhere at all.

Cloak of Deception as a boost (invisible as Greater Invisibility until the end of her turn), Flashing Sun (gain extra attack, all attacks -2 to hit) as a strike. Kinda desperate here now. :smalltongue:

First Attack: [roll0] On a successful hit, damage: [roll1] + [roll2] sneak attack
Second Attack: [roll3] On a successful hit, damage: [roll4] + [roll5] sneak attack

Edit: Oops, I applied the penalty to hit from Flashing Sun but forgot the bonus to hit for being invisible. So unless the orc can see invisible (which totally messes up this whole attack anyway), the attack rolls are actually 28 and 18 respectively, and of course no AC bonus from Dexterity ... so maybe that second one actually hit, maybe.

*crosses fingers*

Seribro
2007-10-29, 08:47 AM
Mr. Snow tries another kick against the boarding plank to shove it of the edge before the next wave appears.
strength check [roll0]
He curses a bit and calls out to the paladin. "See if you can get that boarding plank at the other end of the edge. The less entrance ways they've got, the easier we can hold them of!"

Siric
2007-10-29, 11:57 PM
((Where the hell did the Yeth hound come from? 0.o Was it always there or did I miss a summon...?))((... yes, and no. Thoven Saw him cast a spell, but he never saw the effect of the spell. This would be the effect.))
Ouch. It never occurred to me to think it would, since there's no mention of that, but good to know the houserule for the future. I suppose Sera would probably still have taken the same action ... I guess. :smalleek: ((For future notice, if you want to change your action, then, it is plausible to do so. Shouldn't cause to much Havoc, and you are by yourself. To late now though :p))

WilhelmAs you go into the room, you don't immediately see any signs that this belongs to the Paladin. However, you do see some religious symbols, but you're not sure if they match the Paladin's faith. ((Feel free to make a memory/intelligence check, and/or spend your remaining move action (you didn't do much last round) to confirm that this the Paladin's room.

The Yeth Hound gets a burst of fire in it's face... not enough to kill it, and... not enough to scare it. In fact, it's even angrier, but it flies off, nonetheless, towards the crow's nest...

It's fierce up there, in that confined space. As Seraphina disappears and puts two deep slash marks into the Orc, he grimaces and hesitates. It doesn't last long, and he makes four swipes with his axe, wildly hitting the air, trying to find where she is. Most of them missed, but that last one hit the mark hard, dealing 12 points of damage.

Down Below, the Paladin sees this, and winces. "And this is why I requested that they didn't make me take a woman. Stubborn girls!" He hears Mr. Snow shout something towards him, but he disregards it. He smashes yet another Orc in the face, killing him. "I hope the two of you can not die while I'm gone! It shouldn't be much longer..." He hustles across the plank across the boat, yelling back "The crew has something up their sleeve, I know it!"

A couple Orcs follow him across, into the fog, and the other one goes below deck, leaving the goblins to unsuccessfully attack Mr. Snow. ((Come on, CR .25? They can't do anything!))

Mavian
2007-10-30, 01:13 AM
Intelligence Check [roll0]

If its the paladins room, he's going to search it for the orb.
If its not the paladins room, he's going to search it for interesting things

Search Check [roll1]

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-30, 01:30 AM
(OOC: Good grief ... four attacks? Soaked 48 damage and still going? This is one serious orc. :smalleek: )

Seraphina stumbles again, eyes wide with disbelief, blood dribbling from her lips now.

"Not enough ... huh?" she manages to choke out with a rueful, pained, grimacing half-smile, grabbing at the rail for a moment, then losing her grip and falling to her knees. The words "sorry, Alton" pass her lips in a barely audible whisper, and then her face hits the floor.

(15 + 12 ... with my dinky hit points, that leaves me at -1 :smallfrown: )

Tacitus
2007-10-30, 04:45 PM
Thoven
30/38

Looking back Thoven sees his ally fall and banks sharply to fly with all the speed he can up at the crow's nest in an attempt to smash into the orc, hopefully to distract him from Seraphina.

Ok, I'm going to try something crazy. Flying charge to attack the orc preacher with a talon covered with fire. If I can I'd like to instead use a swift action at the end of my charge to leap on him in the form of a wolf and eat his face. XD

Attack: [roll0]+1 if in wolf form (4 BAB, 1 STR, 1 enchant, 2 charge)
Damage: [roll1] +1 if wolf +[roll2] fire, maybe.

I had totally forgotten his natural attacks have a enchantment bonus equal to 1/4th his level and are considered magic weapons for overcoming DR

6 or 16 rounds remaining.

Siric
2007-10-30, 06:00 PM
((Wait... you're flying into him, than shapeshifting into a wolf to bit his face?... I prolly shouldn't be feeding you ideas, but, wanna say you're bullrushing him? ... while simultaneously biting his face?))

Tacitus
2007-10-30, 06:07 PM
((No, just a charge and attack as a bird, but if you'll allow a sift action to change into a wolf once he arrives (like, at the last second) I'd prefer that. Thoven is small, so a bull rush isn't a good idea, even if he is charging. If you want to add a bullrush thats fine, but like I said, it'd be at like a +0 check modifier. The main idea is to show up and give a better and hardier target so I can drop a Vigor (not the psionic one) on Seraphina next round to give her fast healing 3 for like 15 rounds.))

Seribro
2007-10-31, 04:54 PM
The Owlbear curses and barks at the goblins, lashing out with his rapier at them in anger.
[roll0][roll1]
The blade runs straight through one of the little buggers, after which the creature is simply swept aside.

Siric
2007-11-03, 02:50 PM
((Sorry chaps. My apologies for the delay. Oh, and combat is technically over...))

The Taladarian boat rocks slightly at first, as steam rises from the back end. As the steam grows, the rocking increases, to the point where the goblins on the boat are having extreme difficulty trying not to fall. A plank falls off, leaving only one left connecting the two boats.

Back on the Orc boat, things are getting any better, with Sera unconscious, and Wolf-Thoven facing off against the impressively strong preacher. The Yeth hound still flying around, naturally goes for the limp cat girl, so he can throw around her body, and then maybe bury in the ground. He nabs her on his flight, but is forced to drop her, when he's hit in the head with a small throwing hammer.

She falls, but no impact is heard from her drop. "Don't worry about her lad, I got her taken care of!" yelled from the familiar gnomish voice "Hurry up though, I think we're leaving soon!"

The Orc growls as hears the voice below... "BY ELNUUJ, you'll not be leaving this day! Abandoned by your gods, your order shall FALL!" With that, he jumps over the railing of the crows nest, quickly descending down the mast to the deck below him.

SeraphinaYou wake up, barely aware of the events around you. The first thing you notice is that you're wrapped in... silk? Through the fog, you can see you're riding on top of a spider, and that the paladin is doing his best to old off another wave of orcs, making their way up the stairs, as the spider is just beginning its cross against the plank. Looking back, you see the furious preacher making his descent down the mast. Judging by the time it took you to get up it, you're almost certain that you'll be gone before he gets down.

WilhelmThe boat rocking back and forth and the slight "hoorah" among the crowds, alert you that you might be leaving soon. Knowing this is the Paladin's room, you've begun your search, but you haven't found the orb, just personal affects and paperwork. You've also lost sight of the "toad." ((I'm assuming that you're not completely ransacking the place, but more of a calculated search.))

Tacitus
2007-11-03, 07:49 PM
Thoven

Another series of sickening cracks fills the air as the gnome's body changes shape once again, back to the form of a seagull with talons. As he takes flight he focuses his eyes on the yeth hound if he can see it and slings the flame from between his talons at the fell creature. He'd kill the damn thing yet.

RTA: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Duration Expended or 5 rounds remaining. Did I use the fire last round?

Mavian
2007-11-03, 10:03 PM
Wilhelm


Since I'm still invisible, I'm going to continue searching until I hear someone approaching the door. Now I'm just looking for anything interesting aside from the ball. Diary, love letters, notes from his mother, etc.
Search = [roll0]
Listen = [roll1]

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-03, 10:55 PM
Seraphina looks around, groggily, half-wondering whether she's hallucinating or really alive and crossing between the ships on a spider.

Rather than try to wrap her mind around it, she settles back and quietly lets herself be transported.

Siric
2007-11-05, 09:31 PM
The next few scenes were amazing. Thoven engaged in an aerial fight with the Yeth Hound, and won as the Yeth hound died, it's lifeless body falling to the ocean. It's body was soon swallowed by the waters, leaving only a small trail of blood.

And then the Monstrous Spider appeared from the Fog, with Seraphina in tow. Behind it was the Paladin keeping the advancing orcs at bay, just barley managing not to stumble off the plank, and just barely managing not to die. He didn't even make it all the way across before the boat started puttering forward. He did manage to make it across, for it took awhile to pick up speed...

...which was also odd, considering there were not winds about. It wasn't too long before the Orcs were left behind, as a barely visible speck. They were traveling at a relatively fast speed, and made it quite far before their was a large explosion. It was contained, but it did cause a few serious injuries. There was also a hole in the ship that didn't cause it to sink, but did cause in awful chill in the night.

The ship had slowed to a metaphorical snails pace as they crept along, into the darkness. Most of the crew had gathered up their blankets, huddled by a contained and small, magical fire that one of the deckhands had managed to produce with a little bit of struggle.

The sailors held a service for those that died, and ended it with a prayer. A prayer unanswered. To Gods who had seemingly remained silent. That eerie silence seemed to go with the boat, into the night. There were a few murmurs here and there, random banterings of unimportance.

That silence was broken when the Paladin came into the room, dragging with him a dead imp. "How did he get here, and why the hell hasn't he returned back to his plane? How did the preacher summon it?!" He said as he slammed the imp down on a table with the convicts and the captain.

((Mavian, I'll be sending you a PM soon about your most recent actions))

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-06, 12:58 AM
((OOC: Where's Seraphina at this moment? All magically healed up and active again or in bed somewhere?))

Siric
2007-11-06, 01:13 AM
((Honestly, feel free to pick. She had 1 HP at the end of Combat. She's rested since then, and there is a ship clinician/doctor. She's by no means "disabled," so it really depends on how she would act.))

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-06, 02:25 PM
((Okay xD))

Seraphina, who's once again a cat, doesn't answer, but she does rub against the paladin's leg, purring, and meow once before hopping up onto the table to sniff curiously at the imp.

Seribro
2007-11-06, 02:30 PM
Mr. Snow rolls the mug of watery ale between his hands, leaning with his elbows on the table. The block shaped head has sunken deep into the big collar of the grey coat.
"All right, first of all, we are not the religious ones around here. Such things are YOUR job to know, not ours. Second, we came here to find this damned artefact of yours, not to play cat and mouse with a bunch of orcs. You want to know whats going on? Fine, grab yourself a lifeboat and row over there. Now get that thing of the table will you? Its unhygienic and I'm trying to get this bulls piss you call ale down my throat."

Tacitus
2007-11-06, 03:37 PM
Thoven

The strange little gnome is back to his normal self, totally spaced out and swaying in time with the boat. He seems to ignore the fact that there happens to be an imp on the table, or even the fact that anyone else is around save for whoever he thinks he might be talking to, "So I went digging around the food stores and you'll never guess what I came across. Used my nose, I did. Sniffed out those mushrooms better than any big or boar you'd never seen. They were just the normal kind, but if you let 'em soak in ale for a few hours and soak up all the alcohol you get a damn fine substitute for mushroom wine, though it has a bit more of a kick, albeit in the wrong direction."

Siric
2007-11-07, 10:06 AM
"Look, just because I kn-" He stopped mid-sentence to regard his fellow gnome. His eyes slowly avert away from him over to the cat. "Bumch o' freaks," he mutters before putting his hand out before the cat, allowing her to investigate him before he even thinks about petting her.

"Look, just because I know my religion like a hippie know his drugs," he says as he sweeps the imp off the table. Incidentally, it lands into the lap of the captain, who didn't take quite well to it. With a frightened expression, he quickly gets it off him. As the aroma wafts up to his nose, he sprints outside and out of view. The Paladin continues "doesn't mean I know a thing about how someone could use magic to summon something through supposedly closed off planes! You're a wizard!"

Seribro
2007-11-07, 11:09 AM
The man leans back a bit with an irritated expression on his face "Do I look like the kind of guy who gives a rats ass about where flying little creepers come from? Just because I'm turning grey, doesn't mean I'm some bookworm in an ancient tower! If you have any resources about magics, I can search it for you, but I didn't learn anything by head. Mother didn't exactly have the coins required for any true wizard school. Perhaps the rulers would do well to invest a bit in their subjects education, rather then putting up dangerous sea voyages to regain old trinkets."
Although he wouldn't openly challenge the paladin, the sarcasm does most certainly feel as a taunting.
((with all the skill points he has, the only thing he invested in is knowledge [local] :smallfrown: ))

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-07, 10:05 PM
Seraphina, still purring (for reasons known only to her), notes and memorizes the imp's scent, just in case it should prove relevant somehow, and then turns to sniff delicately at the gnome's outstretched hand, cataloging that scent as well. Another soft meow, and she turns, walks to the edge of the table, and hops off, apparently to go sit and ignore everyone in the room.

Tacitus
2007-11-09, 01:08 PM
Thoven

He glances over to the paladin with a bleary look, "Last time I summoned something it didn't come from another place. Maybe he found some devilish things on this plane? Maybe he just created them on the spot, hell if I know. I'm no bloody expert on all your fancy gods or arcana whatchamacallits. Give me some good herbs and a place to rest my head and I'll leave you the hell alone."

Siric
2007-11-09, 07:57 PM
Ignoring the gnome and the cat, the Paladin just looks Mr. Snow dead in the eye... "... yeah, you're right, to a degree. The man the people selected is a bit to religious, even for my standards. Taladar is suppose to be a beacon of hope and freedom for the people. I think some people lost sight of what truly matters when the gods left... But I digress. You've made your choices, and they've led you here. And you will show me some respect, unless... Folip looks around briefly, "Where the hell is Wilhelm? Was he present at all during the course of the fight?"

Mavian
2007-11-09, 08:03 PM
"Of course I was there, where do you think the bleeding fog came from? Or the fire? I get no respect I tell ya, no respect"

Muttering to himself, Wilhelm is going to trudge up the stairs from below deck and point to the quasits corpse.

"I was chasing one of those things that went below decks, but I lost it when it got into someone's room. Didn't feel it was right to invade their privacy when we're already so crammed together. You got something to say to me?"

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-09, 08:46 PM
Seraphina slinks around the room in typically stealthy cat fashion, doing what all small four-legged animals (even sentient ones) do and waiting for precisely the worst moment to move in front of Wilhelm's legs and rub against them, thereby getting very underfoot.

Total fluff Hide/Move Silently check, complete with insane cat form bonuses, to not be noticed by Wilhelm until it's too late:

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

:smallbiggrin:

Siric
2007-11-11, 12:24 AM
What about rolling for the Trip attack!

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-11, 12:39 AM
What about rolling for the Trip attack!

ROFL! :smallbiggrin: Are you kidding?? Seraphina's a housecat. She's going to fail. It's not even a deliberate trip attempt, just a cat-person being a cat. xD I figured he'd just sort of stumble or dance around her like I always do when cats get underfoot. :smalltongue:

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-11, 12:53 AM
Oh, what the hell. Okay, -8 for size, -4 for Strength ...

Trip Attack(!!1!):

Touch attack (to successfully rub up against his legs??): [roll0]

Trip: [roll1]

(If this trip actually works, you will never ever ever ever hear the end of it, Mavian. :smallbiggrin:

Mavian
2007-11-11, 01:06 AM
I don't think I can actually fail, so ha :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]


Stumbling over the cat that had gotten intertwined with his legs, he stubs his shin against the bench and mutters.

"Bloody cats, always getting in the way."

Kicking the imps corpse out of the way, he'll sit down beside Throven.

"I thought people were sayin the couldn't reach the planes. How'd an Imp end up gettin summoned to the Prime?"

Siric
2007-11-11, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. It makes no since... I have a feeling we'll be seeing that orc again. Oh, and sorry guys, but we don't get to sleep in our beds tonight, we have to guard the giant hole. How about that, huh? Some insane technology..." At this point, Folip is just rambling on, and begins talking more to the crew than anyone else. He has let you at ease, allowing you to venture the ship as long as you end up on the bottom floor, where the explosion had created a breach in the ship.

((Going done to the hole means resting))

Mavian
2007-11-11, 01:34 PM
Waiting until the gnome has wandered away, Wilhelm is going to reach into his pockets and place a bunch of papers on the table.

Grinning and whispering to his fellow convicts

"Well the fight was going on, I took the opportunity to do a little looking around. Seems our paladin friend got this job as punishment for being an idiot. Also, last I checked, there was an imp hiding under his bed."

Seribro
2007-11-11, 03:45 PM
"Not an idiot." Snow shakes his head. "As a way to get him out of sight for a while. I suspect it was his oppinnion of the current ruler that truly deserved him this spot. They just needed an excuse. I am beginning to wonder whether or not they actually expect us to return from this journey. In fact, I am beginning to wonder about it myself. We got lucky this time. If not for Grumpy, we would all be dead by now. You two just got lucky that freaking priest did not call his fellows to beat you down. We are not a strike force. Were a ragtag group of criminals. The cat is flexible, the gnome got some fine moves and mister Sniffer here has some nice illusions. But we are all vulnerable and none of us can really stand a chance in battle on his own. We wanna make it back alive? Then we will have to start working together. No more running off to do your own tricks or stuff like that. If they had swarmed the ship en mass, me and Grumpy would have been dead before the two of you even reached that priest. And without Grumpy, our kitten wouldn't be with us anymore either..."

The big guy doesn't yell, doesn't point, doesn't even look up. In fact, his voice sounds soft and actually sad rather then angry. It is as if he isn't judging or convicting, but simply summing up tha sad facts. Perhaps it is, in fact, the absence of anger that bares the most condemning words of all...

Then he finnaly lifts his head. A shadow lies over its eyes. And yet, the face smiles. Not wicked or malevolent or even with pleasure in it. No, just a serene, soft and almost pleasant smile.

"Lets make sure we make it through this. All of us, together as family. A twisted, malfunctioning and probably even psychotic family, but a family none the less. Do you agree?"

Tacitus
2007-11-11, 04:33 PM
Thoven

Still swaying from side to side the gnome was indeed listening, and actually heard Snow in the exact moment he said what he was saying instead of somehow lagging behind. However, he couldn't help but laugh, "I don't know about getting through this as a family, but I'm willing to dodge death if one of ye will trip it for me." He chuckles and crosses his legs in his chair before leaning forward, "Just don't expect me to not fly away if something wants to eat me, for I am crunchy and taste good with ketchup." He pauses, "What the hell is ketchup?"

Mavian
2007-11-11, 04:40 PM
Flipping through the papers on the table, Wilhelm pulls one out and flips it towards Mr. Snow


He was in a small group, tracking a wagon or two full of looters, murderers, arsonists, and other foul things. They caught up to the caravan rather quickly, and when they engaged them, the paladins did when the fight, albeit it was a close one. The paladins all survived, but only Folip and a cleric who was tending their wounded were still up and about. Some murderers were still alive, but only two managed to escape on one horse. One of the murderers felt they were being slowed down, so he kicked the other one off as dead weight. Folip's superior officer ordered him to chase down the fleeing criminal. Instead, he tended to the other murderer's wounds, wounds that were fatal even before he was pushed off a horse. The other one got a way. Not that big of a deal, but his officer had a stick up his bum, made a big deal of his order being directly disobeyed, and got him this as punishment. The author of the letter comments on how he does find his compassion to even criminals great, he needs to learn proper respect for the voice of authority, and even hints that the health of criminal is never a concern.


"Here's his official reprimand." He digs in pile again for a moment, pulling out another sheaf of papers, "And here is his actual orders for the mission, if you guys want to know what we're getting into. I also got a nice little dossier on our 'family'"


The Dwarf contact, a merchant and ambassador by the name of T'nacrim, is supposed to 'help' the negotiations. Force might be asked for, hence the criminals. If the artifact has anything to do with smashing gates or keys, the paladin is not required to return. If it's really important, he's not required to check in

Seribro
2007-11-12, 03:43 PM
When mister Snow holds the first paper closer, since he hasn't got his reading glasses on him, he smiles and nods. Punishment for having a mind of his own. He is okay.
When he picks up the second parchment, the smile swiftly fades away and a dark and angry shadow takes its place.
I knew it. Those bloody bastards deserve to be severed from the gods! Well, what ever this artifact is, we will obtain it and deliver it just as we promised. And if they don't want the dwarf to return to them, all the better. In fact I think it would be best if NONE of us would make the journey home to deliver the "package" in person. Wilhelm, can you put the papers back where you found them whitout the dwarf knowing about it? And I suggest we let the pain ball issue rest for now. We will go allong with the mission as we signed for. I will try to talk some sense in the dwarf in a civilized way. I believe we might be able to convince him to see things our way. By the end of this mission, I promise you all, we will not only regain our freedom, but also claim some wealth and revenge on the authorities who put us into this mess. But first, we need to do something about that hole. You guys do what your good at, I'm going to check the damage.

The Owl stands up and walks of to check on the damage in the hull of the ship.

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-13, 01:04 AM
Seraphina, who was in the process of returning to humanoid form, pokes her head in abruptly to pick up and read the papers herself. Her expression darkens, too, as she reads.

"But that's stupid! So what's the big deal that he stopped to help?" Mockingly, hands at her cheeks and eyes wide with "horror," she adds, "Oh no, he didn't follow an order! Oh, the world is going to end! Oh, alas!"

She rolls her eyes and throws the paper aside in disgust. "Stupid!"

Darkly, and sounding as though she's really only half-kidding, she adds after a moment, "Hunh, we oughta get the artifact an' then make sure they can't have it."

Siric
2007-11-14, 08:41 PM
Mr. Snow

You eventually make you're way down to the source of the explosion. It's quite a sight, as a plethora of burn marks and bits of metal is sprawled out across the room. Near the wall, or rather, where the wall should be, is a large mechanical device, obviously the source of the explosion. Largely complicated, and unsure what it's purpose is, it's definitely technology from Yolinchet. This is confirmed when you see a small halfling woman crawl out from underneath it.

"Infernal Engine! Why do they always blow up!" She looks around for something, until she looks under the engine, at which point she pulls out a board, parchment, and a pen. Continuing her inspection, she wrights furiously on the parchment, apparently not even noticing your presence as you stand in the archway.

Seribro
2007-11-15, 01:56 AM
Mr. Snow lets out a small cough to make his presence noted in order not to startle the woman.
"Pardon me for asking, but explosives have always interested me. Could you spare a moment to enlighten me about what this machine does and how he does it?"
The Owl looks at the contraption with fascination and rubs his chin as in thinking. He never had much knowledge about mechanics, but if it is capable of blowing such impressive holes... That is always an interesting subject!

Siric
2007-11-16, 10:19 AM
Mr. Snow

The small halfling jumped slightly at his voice. But once she heard the request, a big smile came over her face. Halflings always like talking.

"I don't know how much you'll be understand, so, I'm just going to jump into this. In Laymen's Terms, we use coal to heat the boiler, boiler and steam to turn the wheel, the wheel to turn the gears, the gears to turn the paddlewheel, which then pushes the boat forward." Frustration begins to fill her face. "We don't know why it explodes. It does nice and fine until it hits a nice speed, at which it explodes. I have a theory, involving..." at this point, she forgets you're there, and begins uses words, phrases, equations that, at this point, makes since to no one but her.

Mavian
Out of the corner of your eye, you see the Paladin, making his way back to the table...

Mavian
2007-11-16, 12:29 PM
Nodding to himself, Wilhelm quickly sweeps all the papers into a pile and stashes them in his pockets.


Sleight of Hand: [roll0]


"Well hello again, what brings you up on deck again? I was just heading down to look at this hole we've developed."

Seribro
2007-11-16, 03:52 PM
Mr. Snow mumbles to himself as he lets the theory of the machine sink in.
A contraption that paddles on its own, driven by heated water. Ingenious! A row boat can make good speed, but it is slowed down by the fact that the move is not continuous and that the rowers go tired. But why does it blow up when it is making up speed? Steam on itself is not explosive, nor are coals. It should not blow up. But then again, an explosion is a rapid expansion of air. You can blow up a container from the inside out simply by cousing a strong enough shock wave. A pressure wave... PRESURE! The very fact of causing strain! A rower training its muscles and perfecting its technique can go faster then an averag rower. But he can push himself only so far before the water he needs to move to make himself get up to speed becomes to much to push himself further. No matter how strong he trains his muscles and how long he trains on his technique, there comes a point where the water becomes just to much of an uphill pressure to gain any more speed. If he forces himself to go beyond that point, he will break down his arms because his body can not handle the stress. THAT is what is causing the machine to explode! The water he moves when he reaches up to speed becomes so much of a pressure that it presses the gears and wheels propelling the paddle wheel out of their line up. The machine locks up and the steam pressure builds up so high that the container can no longer hold it!
If you want to push the machine further, you will have to reinforce the container so it can stand higher pressures and you must redesign the hull of the ship so that it can cleave the water like a knife, or even better, have it lift itself over the water to lessen the drag the water is causing. Yes find a way to make the ship move through the water more fluidly and strengthen the container that builds up the pressure and the machine will be able to opperate at much higher speeds!
Then he suddenly seems to remember something and offers out his hand
Forgive my bad manners. They call me Mr. Snow.

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-16, 07:35 PM
"My rescuer!" Seraphina squeals, immediately glomping onto the paladin's arm, "coincidentally" making an enormous distraction of herself. "I never got to thank you for saving my life," she purrs, planting a big kiss on his cheek, on the side nearest Wilhelm, so that the gnome won't be able to look directly at the trickster human for at least a few moments unless he actually shoves her off of him.

Mavian
2007-11-18, 03:17 AM
Wilhelm

Standing up Wilhem exaggerates a yawn and rubs at his eyes.

"I do believe the battle with the pirates has strained my magical abilites to the utmost. I'm going to go see if we can do anything about this hole so I can can get some sleep tonight to replace them."

Nodding slightly to Serphina, Wilhelm bows to the Paladin before disappearing down the stairs towards the hole in the bottom of the boat.

Tacitus
2007-11-18, 03:41 AM
Thoven

The gnome seemed to have fallen asleep in his chair.

((I'm a bit busy. Work hit me like a ton of bricks and my back still hurts two days later. >.< ))

Siric
2007-11-18, 12:19 PM
Mr. Snow
The little one rejects the hand at first. "Aye, but the more you reinforce it, the heavier it gets! We designed on for a warship, now that, that's a beut. And it doesn't blow up! Expensive as hell though. Not quite ready for the market. This, this was supposed to be a smaller, cheaper version of the previous one, but as you can see, it's.. explode-ish." She looks down at the clipboard, "Mr. Snow, eh? Ah, you're supposed to be a dangerous one... and I'm supposed to formally offer you a job. Someone of you're... creativity and recklessness is of high interest to my superiors. You just need to get done with this... business first."

Everyone else
Wilhelm swiped his hand across the table, grabbing all but one sheet. Luckily, through the combined efforts of Seraphina's dramatic action, and Thoven's snoring, the paladin didn't seem to notice Wilhelm go for that last sheet.

As Wilhelm began to leave, Folip began muttering a few words, causing his Monstrous Spider to appear. The spider begins to carry Thoven down below deck.

Quickly after, the Paladin runs up to Wilhelm. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about! Look, once we couldn't summon our mounts, do to the planes closing off, some of our Archmages made a demiplane that acts as a... stable. It's rather complicated process on how we acquire our new mounts... That's not the point. Could you think of something like this happening? Could the Orc have found (or created, but I doubt that), a demiplane that allowed him to summon... or something? It still doesn't make since why they wouldn't return..."

As the paladin rambles on, Wilhelm sighs subtly. He'll have to distract the paladin somehow, or return the papers before everyone's quite awake.

Mavian
2007-11-19, 01:13 AM
"Well, I'm not as knowledgeable on the field of the planes as some scholars, but if your asking my opinion on the matter, I'll answer you to the best of my abilities. As we all know, Orcs are stupid, vile, and completely lacking in the mental faculties that would allow them to even conceive of such a demi-plane, let alone construct one out of their own meager-spellcasting abilities. I'd have to say, and you must take this with a grain of salt, as I've been out of the field for quite awhile, that is my learned opinion that the orc's summons were most likely the by-product of some pact made with another group of people to establish an alliance with the demons who dwell in the abyss.

As for why the creatures did not return to their own fell plane upon their demise I can offer nothing, unless the orc did not summon them with one of the more commonly used spells of the summoning variety. I have heard, but not seen you understand, of some archmages making deals with either celestial or abyssal powers to achieve some end, but normally these casting require an amount of intelligence and will far beyond what your common variety orc can achieve."

He stops for a moment, and feigns having a spontanous flash of brilliance.

"Of course... it all make sense now.... that orc we faced was no orc, but instead the servant of some dark power that had been banished from his plane for some reason, merely taking the form of an orc to persuade us that it was more harmful then it really appeared." He turns to Seraphina and gasps, "My word, you have just tangled with a fiend of hell and come away alive, not many people have the ability to say such a thing"


Bluff Check [roll0]
Watch it be a one,
Or a two, that was the other option *mutters*

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-19, 01:33 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0] (or, God forbid, Sera might believe it herself ...)

Seraphina, completely losing herself for a moment in Wilhelm's lengthy explanation, goes wide-eyed for just a moment when he offers up his "revelation" to her, then catches a subtle eye movement that tells her he's being somewhat less than honest.

"Wait, but I ... I mean, come to think of it, I guess it did smell a little like brimstone ..."

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-19, 01:38 AM
And since that was a lie ...

Bluff: [roll0]

Seribro
2007-11-19, 12:45 PM
Mr. Snow shrugs. Its always good to know people have interest for your skills. But that does mean they had to survive this trip first and one of the reasons why it was them here instead of a battalion was because their employers did not expect them to survive the trip. Or at least that several soldiers had allredy died for this or similar missions. To cut things short, "getting done with this business" was a pretty high requirement.

"So, we have any spare wood to seal this hole with?"

Siric
2007-11-22, 12:31 PM
Engine Room

"....seal the whole?! If you do that, do that without messing anything up. This room technically belongs to Yolinchet, and some guys get really... scary about details." With that, she finally shakes Mr. Snow's hand, palming a small, blank, rectangular card, whispering "The information appears at will... it's quite a lot..."

As she walked off, the Paladin, Seraphina, and Wilhelm walk in, mount and gnome not to far behind. He constantly looks at the two of them, believing one but not the other. "Bah. Demon lord... Hmph." Not really saying is opinion on the matter. "So, we covering this hole or what? I really don't think there's any spare wood besides furniture!"

Seribro
2007-11-22, 02:03 PM
Mr. Snow frowns at the statement. Actually, he frowns at all the statements! First of, if they are so sensitive about this room, why the hell build an unstable machine in it that can blow holes through thick hull planks. What the hell was supposed to be "appearing at will" on this card? Although he does believe it best to subtle slide it into his pocket when he hears the others approach... And now this!
"What kind of captain doesn't think of bringing some spare material for emergency fixing? Hell I rarely even set foot on a ship before and even I know that there are allways some mishaps aboard these floating coffins! Any ways, I wasn't planning on sitting 'hole-duty' for the rest of the trip. Lets see what we can spare... I suggest we use one of the **** "



****= if the wall the hole is blown into is pretty much flat, he suggests using one of the doors for spare wood. If the hole is in a more curved part of the ship, he suggests dismantling one of the live boats.

Siric
2007-11-25, 02:27 PM
((I just thought I'd explain one thing. They want the room untouched, because as scientists (Ish), they want to analyze every part of the room, and study every little bit. They can compare it to other explosions, and measure its severity, to see if they are closer or further from there goal. *shrug*))

"Wood on a boat? Honestly? That's ridiculous. One doesn't have time to make repairs on a boat! You either Fight or sail! That's the way of the sea! But, Aye, doors should work just fine lad. Here, I'll give ya a hand."

((There's no need to progress this further, if we want to jump to the doors being sealed, and turning in for the night *shrug*))

Tacitus
2007-11-25, 03:33 PM
Thoven

The gnome, he sleeps.

[/imherepost]

Seribro
2007-11-26, 10:07 AM
((Hey, if doing some emergency repairs enables us to go to bed at the end of the day, then screw the scientists! Taking a 16 hour shift is already bad enough, they are most certainly not going to add hole-guard duty to the list of jobs to be done on the ship. Besides, in bad weather it could actually cause the ship to make so much water it would actually tip over... Seal it and go to sleep is what I would do.))

Nowhere Girl
2007-11-26, 06:54 PM
Seraphina cheerfully goes along with the plan -- doing her level best to make the guys do all of the actual work, though. :biggrin:

Then ... sleep!

Mavian
2007-11-27, 03:27 AM
Using Unseen Servants to do his part of the job, Wilhelm leans against the side of the deck and yawns, before heading off to sleep.

Siric
2007-12-01, 02:28 AM
((Check out the OOC.))

Siric
2007-12-31, 11:42 PM
((I guess this constitutes as the second session))

The night went by rather slowly and uneventfully. As the morning rolled by, the ship began to roll into port. The port, for the most part, is just a dock with a road that leads to a tunnel. As soon as all of you are ready to depart, the paladin leads you down into the tunnel, which branches off into more tunnels, each with a dwarven designation. As the Paladin navigates his way (he's obviously been here before), you see a map of the tunnels. The map's large enough to view the entire system, but as you take a glance at the scale, you noticed that it's an insanely detailed map of just one 'sector.'

It wasn't too long until Folip brought you to a closed ticket booth guarding the entryway to a transit. "Humpf. Looks look like we missed our ride. Onwards! to the local inn!"

Tacitus
2008-01-02, 10:07 PM
Thoven

The less well collected of the two gnomes waddles along in the back of the group with his eyes much too wide. He's not terribly interested or shocked by anything he sees but seems to simply have his eyes open much too wide for his own good. Were one to look they might find dilated pupils and bulging veins across his sclera as he examined the walls. As he walks he reads each and every sign that he passes by out loud in giant simply because its a much better way to pass the time than one would otherwise. Within his rambling he mixes in a single sentence in dwarven, "These dwarves would have a much higher revenue if they exported mushrooms to other people. I think a great many people would enjoy mushrooms that could be built in some of these tunnels. What? Stop looking at me like that. Corridor 12b-west Smitherson."

He continues until they arrive at one might suspect to be their intended destination, speaking in Sylvan, "Can't we just wander past the crazy booth? I don't like booths. They aren't natural. If I were a crazy man I'd burn the booth. How the hell am I supposed to find good things to brew with in a damn booth?" He then shifts to Gnomish, "Inns too. Nearly as bad as booths. Where the hell are we..."

Seribro
2008-01-03, 09:05 AM
"Figures... I thought you dwarves were renown for your patience and all... Must have been mistaken with elves then. Lets grab a bear then. You know how to contact your man?"
Owlbear shifts the load on his back a bit and his face shows a tormented glance.
The old man may be strong and heavy build, but he is still an old man. His back had begun to feel sore as it has been a long time since he last had made such a journey, let alone with full package.
"I hate sea-faring, tunnel-walking and bad coordination."
"Yeah well, atleast its something different. If I remember correctly, you also hated being in prison, eating old bread and the stench of your room-mate."
The black bird replied.
"Maybe, but atleast the bread and scruff-face were easily dealt with, with a few coins in the right pockets."