PDA

View Full Version : Balance of Power - Diplomacy PBPM

Elektro
2007-10-14, 08:47 AM
Balance of Power

The year is 1901. The great powers of Europe are stirring, driven by the twin engines of nationalism and industrialization. For the first time since the era of Napoleon and the Congress of Vienna that was intended to protect against another, armies are mobilizing across the Continent. With the United States occupied by dreams of Empire in Latin America and Asia and Africa carved up by colonialism, the nation that can gain dominance in Europe will also have dominance of the entire world. The dawn of the 20th Century has seen the old balance of power in Europe crumbling, leaving the door open for a leader strong and crafty enough to reshape it to suit his and his nation's ambitions.

Spring 1901 Map

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-S1901M.jpg

Country Assignment

Chosen randomly, here are your country assignments.

Austria-Hungary - Neftren
England - MeklorIlavator
France - stezerok
Germany - Mavian
Italy - darthmario
Russia - Highwarlord
Turkey - onilever

There will be an extra long period of diplomacy before the orders for Spring 1901 are due. In addition, if two players agree to swap nations, please PM me (both) and I will switch you all up. Please post below to introduce yourself and your preferred method for negotiations. Have fun good luck, and Spring 1901 orders are due (PM or e-mail elektrotek85 *at* gmail.com) Friday, 19 October 10:00 PM EST (0300 GMT)

MeklorIlavator
2007-10-14, 08:55 AM
I'm in. I prefer Pm's and I regularly check them. Don't count on me seeing your emails right away.

Darth Mario
2007-10-14, 10:34 AM
I'm in, and prefer PMs over email, and I think I'll stick with Italy. All the better to say "It's-a me, Darth Mario!" with.

stezerok
2007-10-14, 11:09 AM
well I'm definitely game to play, and I'm down with France too! PM's are fine for me as well.

Mavian
2007-10-14, 02:55 PM
I rarely check my email, so PM's work best for me aswell.

Oooh, it looks like its time to Blitz 38 years early.

Highwarlord
2007-10-14, 03:03 PM
I'm in, and open for PMs like everyone else.
Please state the name of your country-Russia and the subject of the message in the message title
(ex: England-Russia We Only Drink The Blood of Our Enemies)
EDITED: Simply because switches would take time to organize which would, in turn, take time away from diplomacy, I will not be seeking a switch. Let the games begin

All Hail Ze Motherland!

Moscow Press: Spring 1901 Edition
The Empire Opens its Ambassadorial Halls
The illustrious Czar Highwarlord, in a recent act of international solidarity, has officially opened Russia's borders to foreign diplomats and built an international meeting room to accomodate them.
"We take power checks, bounced cheques, and miscellaneous Czecks with the same open minded policy, provided that the second of the three is kept to a minimum," he said, as he cut the ribbon on this establishment.

OniLever
2007-10-15, 08:28 AM
Prime Minister OniLever - England

Cheerio, gents! Let's have good clean fight, now, what?

Secret communique can be sent via private carrier pigeon {PM} as the telegraph lines may have been tapped!

President OniLever - Turkey

The Ottoman empire shall rise anew! Those who wish to become our servants may send a lone horseman to our capital {PM}. Those who do not bow down to our might will be captured, publicly flogged and executed!

Elektro
2007-10-15, 02:10 PM
Meklor and onilever have agreed to swap a corner for another corner. Onilever is now Turkey, and Meklor is England.

I will wait until Wednesday for Neftren to confirm his spot. Otherwise, I will quickly find a replacement for you all to negotiate/backstab.

Well, let the games begin! Have fun and remember that if things trun out badly for you this game, there's always next time!

Neftren
2007-10-15, 02:34 PM
I'm here, and yes I like PMs. PLEASE SPOILER THE HUGE IMAGE! :P

If Darthmario doesn't object or if he wants to, I'd like to swap Austria-Hungary for Italy?

Darth Mario
2007-10-15, 06:40 PM
Upon reconsideration of the board, I think I'd like to remain Italy. All the better for Mario jokes.

Highwarlord
2007-10-15, 07:16 PM
Pardon me for holding the contrary view in this issue, but I liked the larger board much better. Maybe put the smaller board there and the larger board in spoiler tags?

Neftren
2007-10-15, 07:26 PM
Erm, that's what I meant. Spoiler the image that exceeds the screen, and stretches my window, since that blocks off maybe 25% of the text on my monitor and it's just a huge pain.

Neftren
2007-10-15, 08:53 PM
Just a question:

Will you be posting new maps each spring and winter, or will you be updating the top map each time? Oh and I don't mind a big map, if you spoiler it. Sorry to be confrontational earlier about it >.<

Highwarlord
2007-10-15, 09:12 PM
Personally, I am under the impression that it is equally easy to post a new map as it is to alter the old one ,so there is little reason he would not do so.

And moves are apparently due on Friday, Neft.:smallsmile:

Elektro
2007-10-15, 09:29 PM
I will be posting new maps for each season. I use jDip as the rules adjudicator, which allows easy export of maps for each season. In fact, I'd recommend downloading it if you want to play out potential strategies. Messing around with it is how I've learned the rules.

No problem about map sizes. I think we found a diplomatic way to settle it. :smallwink: I'll post a small map in the post and then the full-size on in a spoiler tag immediately below.

And yes, unless someone has a serious problem, moves are due Friday, 19 October 10:00 PM EST

OniLever
2007-10-16, 07:55 AM
Hmm... as most of the conversations will be done behind closed doors, will this thread act more like an OOC thread? Or can we use it for our machiavellian diplomatic plans?

Upon reconsideration of the board, I think I'd like to remain Italy. All the better for Mario jokes.

Now, that's what I call true role playing. :)

Darth Mario
2007-10-16, 05:32 PM
Now, that's what I call true role playing. :)

It's-a me, Supreme-World-Leader .... io.

Highwarlord
2007-10-16, 06:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that it functions both as OOC and IC thread. I think Of Emperors and Presidents is a pretty good example.

Highwarlord
2007-10-18, 07:48 PM
Russian Storms Harm Communication
The Peace-Czar Igal Stovanovski has left the city of Moscow and commenced mobilization.
"It is essential for maintaining premium country that we maintain premium mobility, yes?" he told Moscow Press in a recent interview. "Therefore we have sent in general mobilization before those silly Westerners."
When confronted with the fact that general mobilization orders commit troops to their destinations, Stovanovski was resolute in his reply. "We are mobilizing to be mobile! Cease asking these silly questions!"
It is the opinion of many throughout the world that the true reason for this forwardness lies in the fact that the capital city has been predicted to be out of touch with the rest of the world due to severity in storms.
"We deny all knowledge of such storms!" said Weather-Czar Ivan Bruceskii. "In Russia, the almanacs do not predict the weather. They ARE the weather!"
We were unable to approach the High Czar for comment, as he is currently snowed in.

//There's supposed to be a power outage today, so I sent in orders.

Neftren
2007-10-18, 07:52 PM
By the way, Elektro, you spelled Austria wrong... it reads Austia. :smalltongue:

Elektro
2007-10-18, 08:31 PM
24-hr warning - Spring 1901 Moves Due Friday, 19 October 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

I have everyone's orders except for Mavian's, so most of you don't have to worry. As Neftren asked, if I do happen to get all orders in before the deadline I will post the map before.

And, yes, I spelled "Austia" wrong :smallwink:

Mavian
2007-10-18, 08:40 PM
In that case gimme a few minutes and you'll have'em all.

OniLever
2007-10-18, 08:48 PM
@Elektro: Will you disclose everyone's moves or will we only see the resultant map?

Neftren
2007-10-18, 09:10 PM
I'd prefer just the map. Moves I suppose could just be figured out...

Elektro
2007-10-18, 09:23 PM
Spring 1901 Results

Full Size Map

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1901M-1.jpg

Order List:

Austria:
A bud->rum
A vie-gal Bounced 1:1 with war
F tri->alb

England
F edi->nth
F lon->eng
A lvp->yor

France
F bre->mao
A par->bur
A mar->spa

Germany
A mun holds
a ber->kie
f kie->hol

Italy
F nap->ion
A rom->ven
A ven->tri

Russia
A mos->stp
F sev->bla Bounced 1:1 with ank
A war->gal Bounced 1:1 with vie
F stp->bot

Turkey\
A con->bul
A smy->con
F ank->bla Bounced 1:1 with sev

No retreats, therefore:
Fall 1901 Orders Due Friday 26 October, 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

OoC: We can speed up the deadlines if you guys are willing. Also, does anyone know if I can edit image size with the IMG tag? I'd rather not make two versions, so unless someone does, I'll leave it spoilered.

Neftren
2007-10-18, 09:28 PM
:smallfurious: Bah!!! Mario!!! You double crossing [Insert Farm Animal Here] :smallfurious: !!!

How could you do this to me! Oh and Highwarlord, I think we both kinda messed up our moves...? Or, I suppose you're just doublecrossing me as well... :smallfurious:

Elektro
2007-10-18, 09:30 PM
Berne Beobachter - Fruehjahr 1901

Swiss Once Again Watch Europe Plunge Into War
The Beobachter will observe and provide an impartial voice on the Great War. Once again, we'd like to reiterate that Swiss neutrality will be observed and business will be conducted will all parties, no matter how treacherous. We can offer precision timepieces and secure banking for all your world domination needs!

Peace-Czar Will Provide Numerous Laughs, Say Experts

Italy Seizes Trieste, Austria-Hungary Imperiled?

England Boldly Remilitarizes the English Channel

Turkish and Russian Fleets Clash in the Black Sea

Resistance Crushed in Spain, Holland, Bulgaria, and Rumania

Darth Mario
2007-10-18, 11:37 PM
I'm all up for speeding up the schedule now that we're started. Mon/Wed/Fri? Tue/Fri? Either of those ok with people?

Neftren: *thbbbbt*:smallbiggrin:

Darth Mario
2007-10-19, 12:39 AM
Summer 1901 -- The Vatican Times

Plumber Elected Pope In Suprise Vote

Venicians Attack Trieste From Gondalas, Find No Resistance (Luckily)

France: Potential Ally Or Just A Bluff?

Pope Called Farm Animal: Rasberries In Return

MeklorIlavator
2007-10-19, 12:48 AM
I would say a (Monday or tuesday)+Friday.

OniLever
2007-10-19, 06:09 AM
I'd prefer Tuesday/Friday myself. Weekends can get a bit hectic for me sometimes.

Moody the Wise
2007-10-19, 06:14 AM
I'd prefer just the map. Moves I suppose could just be figured out...

Sorry to butt in here, but I'd like to point out that you can never tell just by looking at a map how it got that way. Also, good luck guys, I'ma be watching this game.

Elektro
2007-10-19, 02:52 PM
That makes three people who are willing to move to a Tues/Fri schedule (darthmario, onilever, meklorilavator). If the others are also willing to do so, I will move up the Fall 1901 deadline to this coming Tuesday. However, if anyone feels that this schedule would be too hard to meet, then we will remain on the 1 season/1 week schedule.

Highwarlord
2007-10-19, 05:40 PM
Moscow Press: Fall 1901 Edition
General of the Rumanian Campaign Executed for Failing to Deal Appropriately with Austrian Diplomats
Peace-Czar Denies Being 'Silly'
"Let it be known that Russia is not a country to be tampered with!" he declared in his interview following recent troop movements. We spoke to the newly formed 'Funny-Czar' on this declaration. "We are neither silly nor humourous. It is the stupid foreigners with their 'hoomors' that are silly! Let it be known that in Russia, you do not get the joke. The joke gets you . . . put in prison! Hereafter, there shall be no jokes. Solely 'the funnies.' Anything of funniness must be declared a 'funny' or receive approval to be an ad-hoc 'funny' or it shall be completely ignored by the Russian government as a funny and its speaker shall be presumed serious." When asked whether or not this would endanger Russia's political dealings, an unnamed source informed us that, luckily for all parties involved, the Funny-Czar and his department was wholly removed from the Department of Dealings With Stupid People, as it is known in Russia, or the "Diplomatic Envoy of Peace and Brotherhood" as it is internationally known.
Russian Forces Poised to Seize Scandinavia
Russia Thumbs its Nose at Turkish Fleet
When informed on the Swiss analysis of the combat, the Peace-Czar offered the following comment:
"The Swiss are wholly incorrect on their analysis of a battle in the Black Sea. Rather, the Russian navy simply chose to withdraw its ships after totally annihilating every living Turk who dared engage them and thumbing their noses at those that did not. It was CLEARLY a Russian victory."
Warsaw Army Feels Lonely

Highwarlord
2007-10-19, 05:41 PM
Sorry to butt in here, but I'd like to point out that you can never tell just by looking at a map how it got that way. Also, good luck guys, I'ma be watching this game.

Apologies for the double post, but I COMPLETELY agree with him. It's just a fact, folks.

stezerok
2007-10-19, 07:22 PM
hey Elektro, could we see Germany's orders? I mean I know its obvious what he did, but we should see everybody's...

Mavian
2007-10-19, 07:40 PM
No.... my veil of anonimity must not be disturbed or my country will fall into ruin.
:smallbiggrin:
I didn't even notice they weren't posted.

stezerok
2007-10-19, 07:56 PM
No.... my veil of anonimity must not be disturbed or my country will fall into ruin.
:smallbiggrin:
I didn't even notice they weren't posted.

lol yea I was putting the orders into Jdip, when I was like wtf mate? but yea I didnt notice too for a little while...

MeklorIlavator
2007-10-19, 08:20 PM
How do people feel about the whole moving the deadlines to Tuesdays and Fridays?

Oh, and I noticed Germany's lack of move to.

Darth Mario
2007-10-19, 08:28 PM
Pope Questions Rumanian General Execution, As Austrian Diplomats Were Clearly At Fault

Says the Pope, "Just look west."

Elektro
2007-10-19, 08:28 PM
I have updated the Spring 1901 Results post to include Germany's orders. I'll put them in this post too:

Germany
A mun holds
A ber->kie
F kie->hol

Must have slipped my mind.

Highwarlord
2007-10-19, 09:14 PM
Peace Czar Confuzzled
Upon the revelation that the Germans had taken a decidedly pro-Austrian line of tactics, the Peace Czar expressed 'disconcert' that the Austro-Hungarians did not arrange their tactics accordingly.

Neftren
2007-10-19, 09:46 PM
Austro-Hungarian Newsletter

Today, the government of Austria-Hungary released that there had been no communication at all between the nation of Germany. Apparently, it was a major coincidence, although mistakes in Romanian troop movements were evident, and served to botch up the diplomatic mess already started.

The Austria-Hungary generals are totally confuzzled when it comes to the Russian Strategy. A miscommunication was evident from the dislike of the Russian Czar, and officials are working to correct the issue as we print.

Darth Mario
2007-10-19, 10:25 PM
Pope Reveals Austria Run By Satanists

In a suprise press confrence this afternoon, Pope Mario the 1st announced that he has recieved information that Austira-Hungary is secrectly run by a Devil-worshiping cult. "How this ever could have happened is anyone's guess. It is imperitive, however, that these perverters of the faith be wiped from the Earth, at all costs," later adding, "Or at least sent to Russia."

stezerok
2007-10-19, 11:12 PM
White Flag Tribune
October 18th 1901
Eenie-Meanie-Miney-Moe used as deciding vote on trust-worthy alliances

Horrified by the prospects of this new found war, the French Republic finds itself embattled on all sides. Public opinion thus far has varied greatly as to who our real allies are, however when asked about our alliance decision making process, the Prime Minister shed new light on his "final say." The revelation was disheartening to say the least,
"Well when pin-the-tail-to-the-map kept yielding the Ionian Sea as a possible ally, my cabinet and I decided to create a more decisive way to decipher friend from foe. Thus Eenie-Meanie-Miney-Moe was selected. We figured if it got us into office, it would get us out of this mess." Stated the Prime Minister to a dazed press room.
When assaulted by questions and uproar, the Prime Minister merely responded by saying that it was the best course of action considering that his dog, and closest adviser, Mr.ButterscotchAndGin had recently taken up a "vow of silence."

White Flag Tribune
October 19th 1901
Prime Ministers Political Cabinet revealed to be an actual clothes cabinet...

Highwarlord
2007-10-21, 02:20 PM
Russian Peace Analysts Believe England Will Attack France
"It is obvious, comrades," says peace-expert Yakov Zel'dovich "They do not call it the France-Nuking Channel for nothing."
When confronted with the fact that it was, in fact, called the English channel, he gave us a curt reply. "Who is the peace expert, hmm? I am the one who creates the most premium peace-making devices in the world. I inform you that France shall be less peaceful when the British get smart enough to ship an army straight into their homeland."

Points to anyone who knows who Zel'dovich is (without using wikipedia)

Mavian
2007-10-22, 01:46 AM
Tuesday - Friday works for me.

stezerok
2007-10-22, 11:58 PM
yea I'm down with Tues/Fri.
thats cool.

Elektro
2007-10-23, 01:09 AM
I have 6 people who have either posted that the Tuesday/Friday deadlines will be acceptable (darthmario, onilever, meklorilavator, stezerok, Mavian). I have Fall 1901 orders for you Highwarlord, so I'm assuming that schedule will be okay. We will move to that schedule if Neftren is fine with it.

So, on that note to make it semi-official, here's your 20-hour Warning: Fall 1901 Orders due Tomorrow, 23 October, 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Neftren
2007-10-23, 09:15 AM
I'm fine with Tuesday-Friday.

Elektro
2007-10-23, 08:09 PM
Fall 1901 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1901B.jpg

Austria
F alb holds
A vie -> gal Bounced 1:1 with war
A rum -> bul Bounced 1:1 with con

England
A yor -> bel Convoy path yor -> nth -> bel
F nth convoys A yor -> bel
F eng -> bre

France
A bur holds
F mao -> por
A spa holds

Germany
A kie -> den
F hol holds
A mun -> bur Bounced 1:1 with bur

Italy
A tri -> ser
F ion -> aeg
A ven -> apu

Russia
A stp -> nwy
F bot -> swe
F sev -> rum Bounced 1:1 with rum
A war -> gal Bounced 1:1 with vie

Turkey
A bul -> gre
A con -> bul Bounced 1:1 with rum
F ank -> bla

Winter 1901 Builds
Austria: 1 build
England: 2 builds
France: 1 build
Germany: 2 builds
Italy: 1 build
Russia: 2 builds
Turkey: 1 build

Build orders are due Tomorrow, Wednesday 24 October at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Neftren
2007-10-23, 08:31 PM
Austro-Hungarian Times

The republic of Austria-Hungary no longer trusts the Russians and their foolhardy, crackpot schemes to undermine the strength and integrity of our nation. Relations fall into disarray, and if the Russians have a wish to repair the once friendly standing between our two nations, our embassy is just down the road from the Kremlin.

Austro-Hungarian Times - The Sunday Times

In response to the previous month's issue of the Italian newspaper, the official response to the Italians as follows:

"Devil Worshippers? The Pope must be stretching his imagination. Such insults will lead to hostile aggression to such degree, after the former assault against the republic. We have conveniently sent an envoy to your so called, St. Peters Square. As for our comment about the Pope, he still retains the title of [Insert Farm Animal Here] and by popular vote, the Austrian peoples have decided to add to the title, calling the Pope a Plumber, and a no good Dirty Plunger Pusher. The Austro-Hungarian Times offers it's complements and hopes that the Pope will write again soon."

Elektro
2007-10-23, 08:44 PM
Berner Beobachter -- 17 November 1901

Latest Headlines

Balkans Remain One Big Mess

English Invade France, Low Countries

Russia Faces No Opposition In Scandinavia

Italy Positioned For Strike on Turkish Homelands

German Invasion of Burgundy Repulsed

Darth Mario
2007-10-24, 08:47 AM
FYI, we're missing Turkey's moves.

OniLever
2007-10-24, 08:49 AM
FYI, we're missing Turkey's moves.

Turkey did not move. We were there all along. :smalltongue:

Highwarlord
2007-10-24, 03:54 PM
Official Press Release by the Russian Leadership
The peoples of Russia are grossly offended by the attacks on Russia's intentions regarding the advance on Galicia. Seeing as Russian diplomats explicitly told the Austro-Hungarian government in question its intention to move into Galicia and the purpose of moving the army there, the idea that it is an attempted assault on Austria-Hungary is illegitimate and ought be given no credence.
Further, the fact that the leader of said nation attempts to slander our administration in this way (an administration that thus far has broken no pledges) is proof only of the dishonesty of this leader.
Further evidence of said dishonesty is currently being withheld to protect the honor of the other nation it involves.

-- Czar of Communications (aka Secretary) of the High Czar, Highwarlord

Elektro
2007-10-24, 10:13 PM
Winter 1901 Builds

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-S1902M.jpg

Austria: A bud
England F lvp, A lon
France A par
Germany A ber, F kie
Italy F nap
Russia F stp/nc, A mos
Turkey F smy

Spring 1902 orders are due Friday, 26 October by 2200 EST(0300 GMT)

stezerok
2007-10-25, 07:43 PM
The Paris Times
April 25, 1902
Prime Minister Rallies Nation for War

"For over half a century Our nation has settled on a quiet peace with Our neighbors across the sea. Indeed as the tides of chaos churned, and the clouds of war loomed just on the horizon, We rallied together with the British to create an alliance; pledging together our mutual support and friendship in a hopes to together stem the coming onslaught.

"Our fears were confirmed when just this past year Austria, Italy, and Russia fell into the terrifying machinations of war. As state, and country fell, We looked on Together in wonder at the terrible price that We must all pay for Our Country. Indeed We steeled Ourselves, making preparations for the fight to come. But never in all Our history had a crime been committed to such a degree.

"With rash boldness the British fleet in the English Channel made pitfall upon the shores of Brest, razing the coastal towns with cannon-fire, and invading our shores with armed soldiers. The core of Our troops, devoted elsewhere, were not prepared to defend against an attack from the seas, and many were forced to flee. Now the state of Brest remains in flames, with only smoldering ashes to tell its tale of bitter betrayal. This is the price We have payed my friends. This is the price of blood that has fallen upon us all. This is the price that must now be taken in debt from the British.

"But the crimes were twofold, and the indictment doubly charged. For Britain, in its greed, sought to take Belgium, and likewise transported their armies to ravage the countryside to the North. Now they have doubly wronged, for they have not only crossed Us, but our fair innocent neighbors who had not the might to fight for themselves.

"Now We stand--a testimony to the tribulations and sufferings of war--United in a Single cause; to which end We are judge, and to which end We are jury. And you have been found guilty Britain. You have been found guilty of Betraying your neighbor and ally in a time of need. You have been found guilty of unrestrained Bloodlust against Our neutral neighbor. You have been found guilty of Greed for the sake of power. And you have been found guilty of committing crimes against humanity, which are both repulsive and unforgivable.

"For these reasons We shall march. For these reasons We shall fight. For these reasons we shall sweep aside any force you muster against Us, We shall whether any torrent of bullets, and any volley of the cannons. And for these reasons We shall win this war."

-Prime Minister Stezerok

MeklorIlavator
2007-10-25, 08:11 PM
London Times:
The Prime Minister:
"The French should remember that they agreed to help us secure Belgium, and thus they are in no position to decry our actions. Also, due to there being little military presence in Brest, the capture of rightful English territory, taken from us by force during the hundred years war, was returned to its rightful rulers without excessive bloodshed.

Long has France been a danger to the English people, and long have we waited. Now we will deal with this threat once and for all. Long Live the King!"

stezerok
2007-10-25, 08:30 PM
"Last I checked there was no support from France into Belgium ;)"

MeklorIlavator
2007-10-26, 04:48 PM
"But we fully disclosed our intentions, with no objections. And with our armed services Protecting Belgium, I may never have to know the trouble of war."

Elektro
2007-10-26, 10:16 PM
I'm still waiting on Highwarlord's orders. If I don't get them by tomorrow morning he'll be an NMR, but I think we'll be okay. I'll post Spring 1902 results when I get them.

EDIT: Spring 1902 Results

Map
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1902M.jpg

Austria
F alb -> gre
A bud supports A rum
A rum holds
A vie -> gal

England
A bel -> pic Bounced with bur 2:2
F bre supports A bel -> pic
F lvp -> iri
F nth convoys A lon -> bel
A lon -> bel Bounced 1:1 with hol

France
A bur -> pic Bounced with bel 2:2
A par supports A bur -> pic
F por -> mao
A spa -> gas

Germany
A ber -> kie
A mun holds
F kie -> hel
F hol -> bel Bounced 1:1 with lon
A den holds No order for A den; Hold order assigned

Italy
F aeg -> con Bounced with con 1:1
A apu holds
F nap -> ion
A ser supports F alb -> gre

Russia
A nwy -> swe
F stp/nc -> nwy
F sev -> rum Bounced with rum 1:2
A mos -> ukr
A war supports A mos -> ukr
F swe -> ska

Turkey
F smy -> aeg Failed because Italy: F aeg -> con failed
A gre -> bul
F bla supports A gre -> bul
A con supports A gre -> bul Support cut by move from aeg

Fall 1902 Orders are due Tuesday, 30 October by 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Highwarlord
2007-10-27, 01:38 AM
Moscow Press: Summer 1901 Edition
New "Getting Your Orders In On Time" Czar Appointed, Per Swiss Recommendation

Elektro
2007-10-27, 02:13 AM
Swiss News and World Report: 1901

Yes, we know this is late but there isn't anything you can do about it. Advantage to being nestled in the Alps, along with all your "private" bank accounts. :smallwink:

1. Russia (6 SC): With its smooth conquest of Scandinavia complete, the Bear is now the strongest power in Europe.

2. Germany (5 SC): Germany conquered Denmark and Holland, and looks to complete its conquest of the Low Countries in the coming year.

2. England (5 SC): The Hundred Years War is back in style, and England has made a good go of it by taking Brest and Belgium. But will they fade in the clutch as they did so many years before?

3. Austria/Italy (4SC): Austria has managed to defy the odds and take control of Rumania. Italy has moved into the Balkans and occupied Serbia. Two words, and they rhyme with Mey Mepanto.

3. France (4 SC): France was able to conquer the Iberian peninsula, but the English have a foothold on French soil.

3. Turkey (4 SC): The furniture empire was able to take Greece, but further success is in doubt with Austrian and Italian forces knocking at the gates.

Highwarlord
2007-10-27, 08:36 PM
Commentary of the World
The Russian Peace Analysts have conducted an in depth study to analyze the conditions of the world at large.
"In the far Western Theatre, it would seem quite convincing that France's position is the more premium. With simplicity in the taking of their own breast in hand, they shall most assuredly have recontrol of their country. If the Germany approves of these retakings, England shall be of losing in that region. Speakings of the German, Russia is pleased to announce that Germany seems quite congenial in their respects of our borders. As such, we almost assuredly shall be making happy times with them, and no attackings shall happen. In the Southern Triangle, things are a bit more hair-pulling frustrating. The lovey-dovey relationships that occur between the Pope-farm animal-plumber and the possibly Satanist-liars is quite disturbing. It is as one empire, that has two more key cities than Russia. We are even a little discouraged that the Switzerland studies has rated us above them. While the livings of the Turks is quite appaling to the Motherland, it appears that we must be protecings of the weak Southern state, unless the Lepantos are to make sweet dealings with us."
A more in depth interview into this study and its analytics is to follow.

Elektro
2007-10-30, 02:05 AM
24-ish Hour Warning: Fall 1902 Orders are due Tomorrow, 30 October at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

OniLever
2007-10-30, 04:10 PM
Sorry for the recent lack of posting and PM'ing, gents. I've Turkey's president has been pretty sick the last few days. Hopefully, I'll be able to be more diplomatic in the next couple of days.

Elektro
2007-10-31, 03:46 AM
I'm still waiting on England/Meklor's orders. I've sent him a PM. If I don't get them by tomorrow night, he'll be NMR.

Elektro
2007-10-31, 08:20 PM
Fall 1902 Orders

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1902R.jpg

Austria-Hungary
A bud supports A gal hold
A gal holds
F gre supports F aeg -> bul/sc
A rum holds

England
A bel holds
A lon holds
F bre -> mao
F iri supports F bre -> mao
F nth -> eng

France
A bur holds
A gas -> bre
A par supports A gas -> bre
F mao -> iri Bounced with iri 1:1, dislodged from eng 2:1

Germany
A den holds
F hel holds
F hol holds
A kie -> ruh
A mun -> tyr

Italy
F aeg -> bul/sc Bounced with bul 2:3
A apu -> tun convoy path: apu -> ion -> tun
F ion convoys A apu -> tun
A ser supports A rum hold

Russia
F nwy -> nth
F sev -> rum Bounced against rum 1:2
F ska supports F nwy -> nth
A swe holds
A ukr supports A war -> gal
A war -> gal Bounced against gal 2:2

Turkey
F bla supports A bul hold
A bul holds
A con supports A bul hold
F smy -> aeg Failed because Italy: F aeg -> bul/sc failed

Retreats Due: French F mao can retreat to por, spa/nc, naf, nao or disband

Winter 1902 Builds Available:

England: 1 disband
France: 1 build
Germany: N/A
Russia: N/A
Turkey: N/A

Stezerok, your retreat is due tomorrow, 1 November by 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Builds are due Friday, 2 November by 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Moody the Wise
2007-10-31, 10:07 PM
Wow ... kudos to Russia for getting a fleet into the North Sea in 1902. Doubly so if that fleet is there with the knowledge and consent of England and Germany.

Elektro
2007-10-31, 11:23 PM
-- The map above has been updated to include the French retreat:

French F mao retreats to por

Swiss News and World Report: 1902

1. Russia (6 SC): The Bear has remained steady at 6 SC, but controls the northern seas and has so far not lost any ground to the Italo-Austrian alliance.

2. Germany (5 SC): Germany has also seen no growth, but has made a daring thrust into Tyrolia and looks to threaten the Italian and Austrian homefront.

2. France (5 SC): France successfully recaptured Brest this year, but naval defeats have slowed its attack on the British Isles.

2. Austria-Hungary/Italy (5 SC): With the strong support of its Italian allies, Austria-Hungary has continued to make strides in the conquest of the Balkans. The Italians have taken Tunis, and both nations are poised to wreak havoc on the Turks in the coming year.

3. England (4 SC): In a repeat of the Hundred Years War, the English were forced from Normandy and Brittany this year. With enemy naval forces quickly taking control of the surrounding seas, England will surely need a continental ally if it is to survive the coming years.

3. Turkey (4 SC): The bird has been able to hold the line this year against strong Italo-Austrian attacks. However, they are sorely outnumbered and will need major assistance or a miracle to survive the next few seasons.

Highwarlord
2007-10-31, 11:29 PM
Moscow Press: Winter 1902 Edition
Peace Czar Declares Dominion of North Sea "Consentual"
"Well you see, my good friends, the thrust into the North Sea was discussed, though not perhaps at length. In the end, however, it became clear that the British and Germans were not of the complaining. We took their silence to be consent, and made this bold move, that shall surely profit all of our countries in the coming years."
Russian Press Would Also Like to Alert the Swiss that the Austro-Hungarian-Italian Alliance bears 10 Major Cities rather than 5.

Darth Mario
2007-11-01, 10:25 PM
The Vatican Times

Pope Reminds Russian Thinking-Czar That AH and Italy Are Seperate Countries
Adding, "If you're going to accuse us as being one nation, at least come up with a creative and amusing name. Might I suggest: Hungary-For-Spaghetti."

stezerok
2007-11-03, 06:09 PM
hey uh, don't mean to sound nagging, but have everyone sent in their build orders? I usually get the most free time on the weekends so I'm excited to see what's happening...

Elektro
2007-11-03, 06:44 PM
Winter 1902 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-S1903M.jpg

Austria: Builds A vie
England: Disbands A lon
France: Builds F mar
Italy: Builds A ven

Sorry, for the delay - I've been busing refereeing the State Soccer Championships here.

As a friendly reminder, Spring 1903 Orders are due Tuesday, 6 November by 2200 EST (0300 GMT).

Highwarlord
2007-11-03, 10:13 PM

Soon-to-be-Appointed "Thinking-Czar" Has Italians to Thank
Truly, the use of such a novel position was questionable, but upon the Italian mention of its necessity, the High Czar acted quickly to create this position. The sole purpose of this Czar is to devise imaginative, though possible derogatory names for nations the Empire plans to exploit the natural resources of.
A contest has been proposed throughout all Europe - he who can find the most amusing names for the lands outside of the Russian Empire shall be granted this position.

Elektro
2007-11-06, 12:13 PM
12-Hour Warning: Spring 1903 Moves due Today at 2200 EST (0300GMT)

Elektro
2007-11-07, 12:09 PM
Spring 1903 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1903M.jpg

Austria-Hungary

A bud -> gal Bounced 1:1 with war
A gal -> ukr Bounced with ukr 1:1
A rum supports A gal -> ukr Support cut by move from sev
A vie -> tri Bounced 1:1 with ven
F gre -> aeg

England
A bel -> gas Convoy path bel -> eng -> mao -> gas
F eng convoys A bel -> gas
F mao convoys A bel -> gas
F iri -> wal

France
A bre supports A par -> pic
A par -> pic
F mar -> spa/sc
A bur supports A ruh -> bel
F por -> mao Bounced with mao 1:1

Germany
A den holds No order received, hold order assigned
F hel -> den Bounced with den 1:1
A tyr -> mun
A ruh -> bel
F hol supports A ruh -> bel

Italy
F aeg -> eas
F ion supports F gre -> aeg
A ser supports A rum
A tun holds
A ven -> tri Bounced with vie 1:1

Russia
A swe -> edi Convoy path swe -> ska -> nth -> edi
F ska convoys A swe -> edi
F nth convoys A swe -> edi
F sev -> rum Bounced with rum 1:2
A ukr supports F sev -> rum Support cut by move from gal
A war -> gal Bounced with bud 1:1

Turkey
No moves received; All units tasked to hold

No retreating units, retreat phase skipped

Fall 1903 orders are due Friday, 9 November at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

stezerok
2007-11-07, 11:02 PM
Wow. Totally did not realize that double convoying was even possible...

Hey I thought there was some rule about disrupting convoys? how does one go about doing that? do you have to actually dislodge the fleet?

thanks,
-Stezerok

Elektro
2007-11-07, 11:57 PM
According to the Diplomacy rulebook, the following can cause a convoy order to fail:

1. Dislodgement of the convoying unit
2. The convoy order causes a standoff -- example French F eng convoys A pic -> lon, English A lon holds

It's on page 12 if you want to read more.

You can have unlimited convoys. In the Youngstown map, you could convoy from Tokyo to London if you had the available fleets.

stezerok
2007-11-08, 12:01 AM
ah thanks... maybe I need to freshen up on the rules a little bit lol...

Highwarlord
2007-11-08, 06:47 PM
Well it IS interesting that the first two convoys happened to occur on the same turn and involve the same conflict.

Elektro
2007-11-09, 12:33 AM
24-ish Hour Warning: Fall 1903 orders are due Friday, 9 November at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Elektro
2007-11-10, 07:19 PM
Fall 1903 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1903B.jpg

Austria-Hungary

NMR, all units tasked to hold

England

F eng -> lon Bounced with nth 1:1
A gas supports A bur Support failed. Move orders must be supported explicitly
F wal -> lvp Bounced with edi 1:1
F mao -> iri

France

A bre holds
A bur -> par
A pic supports A bre
F por -> spa/nc
F spa/sc -> mar

Germany

A bel holds
A den -> swe Bounced with ska 1:1
F hel -> den Failed because German A den -> swe failed
F hol holds
A mun holds

Italy

F eas convoys A tun -> syr
F ion convoys A tun -> syr
A ser supports A rum
A tun -> syr Convoy path: tun -> ion -> eas -> syr
A ven -> tyr

Russia

A edi -> lvp Bounced with wal 1:1
F nth -> lon Bounced with eng 1:1
F sev supports A ukr -> rum
F ska -> swe Bounced with den 1:1
A ukr -> rum Bounced with rum 2:2
A war -> gal Bounced with gal 1:1

Turkey

1903 Builds

Austria: N/A
England: 2 disbands needed
France: N/A
Germany: 1 build
Italy: N/A
Russia: 1 build

I'll start looking for a replacement for Onilever since he's had 2 consecutive NMRs and hasn't been active since the 2nd.

Winter 1903 Build Orders are due Sunday, 11 November at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Neftren
2007-11-10, 07:32 PM
Fall 1903 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1903B.jpg

Austria-Hungary

England

F eng -> lon Bounced with nth 1:1
A gas supports A bur Support failed. Move orders must be supported explicitly
F wal -> lvp Bounced with edi 1:1
F mao -> iri

France

A bre holds
A bur -> par
A pic supports A bre
F por -> spa/nc
F spa/sc -> mar

Germany

A bel holds
A den -> swe Bounced with ska 1:1
F hel -> den Failed because German A den -> swe failed
F hol holds
A mun holds

Italy

F eas convoys A tun -> syr
F ion convoys A tun -> syr
A ser supports A rum
A tun -> syr Convoy path: tun -> ion -> eas -> syr
A ven -> tyr

Russia

A edi -> lvp Bounced with wal 1:1
F nth -> lon Bounced with eng 1:1
F sev supports A ukr -> rum
F ska -> swe Bounced with den 1:1
A ukr -> rum Bounced with rum 2:2
A war -> gal Bounced with gal 1:1

Turkey

1903 Builds

Austria: N/A
England: 2 disbands needed
Italy: N/A
Russia: 1 build

I'll start looking for a replacement for Onilever since he's had 2 consecutive NMRs and hasn't been active since the 2nd.

Winter 1903 Build Orders are due Sunday, 11 November at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Sorry was away and I had no access to a computer... :(

Moody the Wise
2007-11-11, 01:09 AM
Alright, Elektro asked me if I was willing to try to pull Turkey out of this tailspin, and goshdarnit, I'm going to try my best. You can wait for official confirmation of my Turkish coup if you'd like, but I'm not going to. Messages will be sent tonight. Angry, threatening messages.

Darth Mario
2007-11-11, 09:40 AM
Omygod, Moody's taken over Turkey! We're all screwed!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

stezerok
2007-11-11, 11:20 AM
Alright, Elektro asked me if I was willing to try to pull Turkey out of this tailspin, and goshdarnit, I'm going to try my best. You can wait for official confirmation of my Turkish coup if you'd like, but I'm not going to. Messages will be sent tonight. Angry, threatening messages.

well I'm sure we're glad to have you! thanks for coming to play with us ;)

Moody the Wise
2007-11-11, 01:44 PM
well I'm sure we're glad to have you! thanks for coming to play with us ;)

I'm glad to be here, although I wish I were inheriting a better tactical position. Still, if I die, I'm going kicking and screaming.

Omygod, Moody's taken over Turkey! We're all screwed!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

I believe you meant to say:

"Ohmygod, Moody's taken over an almost-dead Turkey, and I have a really tight alliance with Austria-Hungary! I'm so not screwed! NEFTREN, I'LL RACE YOU TO THE HILLS OF ANKARA!"

Darth Mario
2007-11-11, 06:00 PM
I'm glad to be here, although I wish I were inheriting a better tactical position. Still, if I die, I'm going kicking and screaming and sarcasming.

Correction mine. :P

Good to see you. And yes, that is what I meant to say. Silly me.

Moody the Wise
2007-11-11, 06:11 PM
I'm glad to be here, although I wish I were inheriting a better tactical position. Still, if I die, I'm going kicking and screaming and sarcasming.

Actually, I've already gone years into the future to confiscate John McCain's campaign bus, the Straight Talk Express. Expect some serious straight-talking in my press soon.

In other news, why won't anyone return my messages?:smallfurious:

Elektro
2007-11-11, 06:37 PM
Berne Beobachter: December 1903 Edition

1. Russia (7, +1): Russia has gained a foothold in England and looks to secure the rest of the nation in the coming year.

2. Germany (6, +1): Germany has completed its conquest of the Low Countries. Will it continue its attack on Scandinavia and challenge the Bear for supremacy?

3. France (5, 0): France was forced on the defensive this year by a daring amphibious invasion of Gascony, but looks to bring the English to their knees in 1904.

3. Austria, Italy (5 each, 0): Austria and Italy continue their envelopment of the Turks. While no Turkish centers fell to the alliance, the partners control of the Med and the provinces surrounding the Turkish mainland. With their preponderance of forces, things look good for their continued expansion.

4. Turkey (4, 0): The Turks took 1903 off, making no movements of their forces. However, the previous Turkish government has been deposed. Will the new sultan hold off the Italo-Austrian alliance long enough for the Russians to turn the tide or for the alliance to shatter on its own accord?

5. England (2, -2): It was a bad year for the English, with their loss of their Continental foothold and the invasion of Scotland. With the French and Russians racing to take London and Liverpool, the English might not be long for this world.

Other General Announcements:

Sorry was away and I had no access to a computer... :(

1. In the future, please PM me or post here if you are going to be unable to get orders in by the deadline. I have no problem with delaying a day or two in order to prevent NMRs. Just let me know so I know you plan to submit orders and haven't dropped off the face of the earth.

2. Moody has graciously agreed to take over for Onilever who is MIA. He'll be playing as Turkey, at least for as long as he can keep it alive . :smallbiggrin:

3. If any of you are looking for some more Diplo action, we need a replacement for Japan in Of Emperors and Presidents. Send a PM to J-Muller and let me know if you're interested. The game thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55961).

Highwarlord
2007-11-11, 08:37 PM
I would like an extension on builds until Monday because of my absence yesterday and my new ability to communicate with Turkey. I will still be able to post moves by Tuesday, seeing as my strategy would vary very little depending on which fleets England sacks and from which particular angle Germany tries to assault me.
With that aside, however, I DO need the build no matter what my plans may be.

Moscow Press: Winter 1903 Edition
Russia has No One to Invite to its Grand Ball
The Christmas ballroom is empty this year, as Russia simply doesn't have any friends.
"W-we . . . made cookies . . . and watched m-movies and . . . why does no one want to be our friends? WHY?" said the weepy Czar of Foreign Affairs before he broke down crying in a reporter's arms.
When informed that the reporter would be his friend and that he may be able to vacation in warmer climates next winter, he was much appeased.

Elektro
2007-11-12, 12:06 AM
Winter 1903 Builds now due Tomorrow, 12 November at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Spring 1904 Orders are still due Tuesday, 13 November at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Highwarlord
2007-11-12, 12:47 AM
Thank you very much!

stezerok
2007-11-12, 10:54 PM
In other news, why won't anyone return my messages?:smallfurious:

aww... Now I feel left out... I haven't gotten any new messages... :smallfrown:

Elektro
2007-11-13, 12:11 PM
Winter 1903 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-S1904M.jpg

England
Removes A gas
Removes F iri

Germany
Builds F kie

Russia
Build F stp/nc

Unless someone requests otherwise, this is your
12-Hour Warning: Spring 1904 Orders are due Tonight at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Elektro
2007-11-14, 05:26 PM
Spring 1904 Orders

Map
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1904M.jpg

Austria-Hungary
F aeg -> gre
A bud supports A rum
A gal -> ukr Bounced with ukr 1:1
A rum supports A gal -> ukr Support cut by move from sev
A vie -> gal Failed because Austrian A gal -> ukr failed

England
F wal -> lvp
F eng -> lon

France
A par -> gas
A bre holds
F mar -> spa/sc
F spa/nc -> mao
A pic -> bur

Germany
A den holds
A mun holds
A bel holds
F kie -> bal
F hel supports F hol -> nth
F hol -> nth

Italy
A tyr -> pie
F ion -> tys
F eas supports A syr -> smy
A syr -> smy
A ser supports A rum hold

Russia
A edi -> yor
F nth supports A edi -> yor Support cut by move from hol, dislodged from hol 2:1
F sev -> rum Bounced against rum 1:3
F ska -> swe
F stp/nc -> nwy
A ukr supports F sev -> rum Support cut by move from gal
A war -> gal Bounced with vie 1:1

Turkey
F smy -> con
A con -> arm Convoy path: con -> bla -> arm
F bla convoys A con -> arm
A bul holds

Retreats: Russian F nth can retreat to nrg, ska, edi, eng or disband.

Get your retreat to me ASAP Highwarlord.

Neftren
2007-11-14, 06:23 PM
I assume the map will be up at the given time?

Highwarlord
2007-11-14, 09:43 PM
F nth->ska
No secrets here, no need to waste time and a PM slot.

Elektro
2007-11-14, 09:59 PM
Map above is updated with your retreat.

Unless I hear any objections,

Fall 1904 Orders are due Friday, 16 November at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Neftren
2007-11-14, 10:13 PM
Heh, Highwarlord, we've fought eachother to a standstill with the same moves over and over again...

Darth Mario
2007-11-14, 10:49 PM
Heh, Highwarlord, we've fought eachother to a standstill with the same moves over and over again...

Hurrah for stalemate lines!

Neftren
2007-11-14, 10:58 PM
Just like the Trenches of World War I. Hey wait, this game is based on that time period! Ahahahaaha AHAHAHA AH. Erm. Scuse me. :smallbiggrin:

Highwarlord
2007-11-15, 01:02 AM
Russian Peace Czar Denies Standoff, Calling it "Good Defense"

Peace Experts Curious in Regards to Turkish Convoys - Perhaps Sultan Enjoys Playing With Boats?

And in a question of rules - armies supporting CAN receive defensive support themselves, correct (as was the case in Rumania)?

Elektro
2007-11-15, 02:41 AM
[
And in a question of rules - armies supporting CAN receive defensive support themselves, correct (as was the case in Rumania)?

On page 7 of the Diplomacy Rulebook:

Supporting a Unit:
-- A unit not ordered to move can be supported by a support order that only mentions its province. A unit that is ordered to hold, convoy or support, or not ordered at all can receive support in holding its position.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Also, this will be the schedule for this and next (Thanksgiving) week:

Fri, 16 Nov: Fall 1904 orders due
Sat, 17 Nov: Fall Retreats due
Mon, 19 Nov: Winter 1904 Builds due
Mon, 26 Nov: Spring 1905 orders due

If this is unacceptable for anyone, please let me know and I will work something out to satisfy everyone's schedules.

Neftren
2007-11-15, 07:51 PM
I assume JDip does all the necessary calculations...?

Moody the Wise
2007-11-15, 09:05 PM
I assume JDip does all the necessary calculations...?

Yep, jDip faithfully does all calculations for you. Of course, any GM worth his salt can also do them all in his head ... =)

Neftren
2007-11-15, 09:59 PM
Of course...

As for the so called "Good Defense", the Russians have been doing the primary assaulting while the armies in Galicia, Rumania and Budapest have been primarily defending. Cease and Desist they say! Cease and Desist!

Or you could sit back and watch Moody the Wise walk the plank as the fleets of Italy slowly swamp him and end in his ultimate demise. Or sit back and watch my armies roll over your petty little white tokens on that real diplomacy map I know you've got set up... :smallbiggrin:

Heh, I miss the days when I spent hours just sitting at a diplomacy board, staring at it until we had to send in our orders... and in those days we played with the espionage variant where you could intercept the other person's orders... :smallbiggrin:

Highwarlord
2007-11-15, 10:04 PM
I will be unavailable between Friday and Sunday morning Pacific time. I can get my moves in before Friday, but will not be able to post builds/retreats on time.

As to the map, I sadly use JDip.

Darth Mario
2007-11-16, 05:15 PM
This is your unofficial 5-ish hour warning!

Highwarlord
2007-11-18, 03:32 PM
Long 5 hours, eh?

stezerok
2007-11-18, 04:23 PM
All is Quiet on the Western Front what?

Elektro
2007-11-18, 05:22 PM
Fall 1904 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1904B.jpg

Austria-Hungary
F gre -> bul/sc
A vie supports A gal
A bud -> rum Failed because A rum -> ukr failed
A gal supports A rum-> ukr
A rum -> ukr Bounced with ukr 2:2

England
F lvp holds
F lon holds

France
F spa/sc -> wes
F mao -> naf
A gas supports A bur -> mar
A bur -> mar
A bre -> pic

Germany
A bel -> yor Convoy path bel -> nth -> yor
F nth convoys A bel -> yor
F hel supports F nth
F bal supports A den
A den holds
A mun holds

Italy
A ser supports F gre -> bul/sc
A pie -> mar Bounced with bur 1:2
F tys -> lyo
F eas supports F smy
F smy holds

Russia
F swe supports F ska -> den
F ska -> den Bounced with den 2:2
F nwy supports F swe
A yor -> edi
A ukr supports F sev Support cut by move from rum
A war supports A ukr
F sev supports A arm -> rum Support failed. Supported unit's order did not match support given. Dislodged from bul 2:1, no retreat possible, unit destroyed

Turkey
A bul -> sev Convoy path: bul -> bla -> sev
F bla convoys A bul -> sev
A arm supports A bul -> sev
F con -> smy Bounced with smy 1:2

Winter 1904 Adjustments
Austria-Hungary: 1 build
England: N/A
Germany: N/A
Russia: N/A
Turkey: 1 disband

OoC: Sorry for the delay. My computer's RAM has decided that this would be a good time to crap out, what with all my med school app deadlines now and all. :smallannoyed:

As stated before, Winter 1904 Adjustments are due tomorrow, Monday 19 November at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Elektro
2007-11-18, 05:33 PM
Berner Beobachter - 2 January 1905

1904: The Year in Review

1. Russia (6, -1): Russia has suffered defeats on all fronts this year, with the loss of Sevastapol to the Turks and the German offensives in the north. Will 1905 see the Bear returned to its former prominence?

1. Germany (6, 0): Germany has used this year to set up for a strong push in the North Atlantic. With a successful invasion of Britain, control of the North Sea, and France and Russia busy on other fronts, the German Empire seems poised to make large gains in the coming year.

1. Austria-Hungary (6, +1) and Italy (6, +1): The two buddies have helped each other grow in the last year and have reached the top of the rankings. Italy has moved west to attack France while Austria-Hungary looks to clean up Turkey and push into Russian territory.

2. France (5, 0): The French have held steady over the past year. They will be occupied with the Italians in the Med, but have early naval superiority.

3. Turkey (3, -1): Turkey lost Smyrnia and Bulgaria this year, but siezed Sevastopol in a daring raid. However, with enemies on all fronts it is uncertain whether Turkey will soon be be cooked.

4. Britain (2, 0): The British forces spent 1904 protecting their major cities. However, with both German and Russian forces on their mainland, it is only a matter of time before London and Liverpool fall.

Neftren
2007-11-19, 09:09 AM
Well there's only one legal place for me to build. That's Trieste, so I'll be building there. No need to be secretive about it. Unless you're allowing us to build elsewhere?

Elektro
2007-11-19, 06:35 PM
Well there's only one legal place for me to build. That's Trieste, so I'll be building there. No need to be secretive about it. Unless you're allowing us to build elsewhere?

Nope, home centers only. But I need to know if it's an army or a fleet. I'll post the updated map then.

Neftren
2007-11-19, 07:21 PM
The powers that be shall command it to be an Army!
Make it So! With a flash, a small red token appears.

Well, it's an army token, whaddya expect?

Highwarlord
2007-11-19, 08:08 PM
Russia has Friends, Diplomacy-Czar Says
"We . . . we have friends. You don't know who we hang out with! Just because we sit all alone at the diplomatic gatherings and don't give high fives to people in the hallways doesn't mean no one likes us . . . we're just . . ." said the weepy diplomat during his interview.

Darth Mario
2007-11-19, 09:54 PM
Pope Expresses Annoyance at Continued Use of AH-Italy Grouping by Swiss
Saying, "Really, I thought we had covered this. We are certainly NOT the same nation and should not be treated like it. Italy has armies in Piedmont, and our German friends would surely help us invade Switzerland if we asked." When someone pointed out that the Alps were, in fact, impassible to armies, the Pope mumbled something incoherent about God's will and teleportation.

Vatican Apologizes to France
In a suprise interview, the Pope stated, "We were merely attempting to protect the city from German attack." When someone pointed out that Germany did not, in fact, control an army near Mar, the Pope mumbled something about the Devil's will and teleportation.

Highwarlord
2007-11-20, 12:40 AM
Yakov Zel'dovich Leads Peace Experts in Discovering that Austritalia IS a Country
"Truly, comrades, their strategy is more cohesive than that of many singular nations," the wise scientist points out, "And combined, they are just like that of Christmas!"
Government Bemoans Remaining Lack of "Thinking Czar"
"It is greatly distressing that we still call the silly southern empire the Austritalians," the Peace Czar said in his interview earlier this week. "In truth, I too would be more than filled with happiness to see the Thinking Czar position filled and another name provided," the Diplomacy Czar confided in his response, "We would like to take this opportunity to remind the world at large that one need not be Russian to identify a name for this fat and silly mediterranean empire."

stezerok
2007-11-22, 01:45 PM
hey there ya'll, long time, no see!

just thought I'd wish everybody a happy thanksgiving!

-Prime Minister Stezerok

Neftren
2007-11-25, 04:31 PM
So... is the new map gonna go up?

Elektro
2007-11-26, 02:09 PM
Winter 1904 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-S1905M.jpg

Austria-Hungary: Builds A tri
Italy: Builds F nap
Turkey: Disbands F bla

Spring 1905 Moves are now due Tuesday, 26 November at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Elektro
2007-11-28, 01:01 PM
I only have four sets of orders right now. If you want to have orders count for Spring 1905, please get them in by this evening.

Highwarlord
2007-11-28, 04:37 PM
Mine is in, yes?

Neftren
2007-11-29, 09:31 PM
Well I have a Balance of Power Moves [Austria-Hungary] PM in my Sent Folder, so I'm pretty sure it got sent in.

stezerok
2007-11-29, 10:59 PM
yea, so how's it going Elektro? we've been moving pretty slow lately... Has everybody got their moves in?

Mavian
2007-11-29, 11:02 PM
I apologize for the hold up. Apparantly I sent my moves in a little to early, and they got washed out of his inbox. So if it was just me people were waiting on, then the situation has been remedied.

Elektro
2007-11-29, 11:13 PM
Without further ado,

Spring 1905 Results

Map
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-S1905R.jpg

Austria-Hungary
A bud supports A rum
A gal -> ukr
A rum supports A gal -> ukr
A vie -> gal
A tri -> vie
F bul holds

England
F lvp holds
F lon supports F nwy -> nth

France
A gas supports A mar
A mar holds
F naf -> tun
A pic -> bur
F wes -> spa/sc Bounced with pie 1:1

Germany
F bal -> swe
A den supports F bal -> swe Support cut by move from swe, dislodged from swe 2:1
F hel supports F nth
F nth supports A yor -> edi Support cut by move from nwy
A yor -> edi Failed because A edi -> lvp failed
A mun -> tyr

Italy
A pie -> spa Bounced with wes 1:1, Convoy route: pie -> lys -> spa
F lys convoys A pie -> spa
F eas -> eas Invalid order, hold order assigned
F nap -> tys
A ser supports A rum
A smy -> ank

Russia
A edi -> lvp Bounced with lvp 1:1
F nwy -> nth Bounced with nth 2:2
F ska supports F swe -> den
F swe -> den
A ukr -> mos
A war holds

Turkey
A sev -> ukr Bounced with gal 1:2
A arm supports F con -> smy
F con -> smy

German A den can retreat to kie or disband. Get me your retreat as soon as you can please Mavian.

Since this week is pretty much over:

Fall 1905 Orders are due Monday, 3 December at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Mavian
2007-11-29, 11:19 PM
He'll retreat to Kie

Elektro
2007-12-04, 12:27 PM
I need orders still from Neftren (Austria) and darthmario (Italy). Get them to me ASAP.

Neftren
2007-12-04, 07:42 PM
Oh, sorry. I was waiting for the newest version of the map before sending them in... will go PM them to you ASAP.

stezerok
2007-12-04, 11:37 PM
White Flag Tribune

Prime Minister on the war
The Prime Minister had only a few words to say today of the Austro-Italian alliance:
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"

P.S. Russia you know you feel the love! ;)

Highwarlord
2007-12-05, 06:31 PM
I'm Dreaming of a WHITE Christmas Declared the True Christmas Anthem by the Duly Appointed "Holiday Czar"

Mavian
2007-12-05, 08:01 PM
Kaiser Mavian today released a statement revealing that the Russians are attempting to keep Christmas from coming.

"We have had word from our new swedish allies that the Russian Czar has declared the North Pole to be sovereign Russian territory, and has imprisoned Saint Nick for crimes against the state. We as citizens of the world, can not allow this to stand, as Saint Nick must be allowed to perform his holiday duties, and demand that the Czar release him immediately."

Neftren
2007-12-05, 08:46 PM
The Austro-Hungarian Times has put out a special edition issue wishing the other nations the happiest of holidays. It calls for a temporary peace, and wishes the Russians the best of luck against the Germans and the British.

The People of Austria-Hungary salute the French and proudly declare to them, "Prepare to Sink!" as the Italian Navy closes in upon them.
-------

Anyway, happy holidays to everyone. Yes, that includes the Turkish and the Russians.

Oh and Mavian, you didn't respond to my PM about Trieste... are you going to do as I asked...?

Elektro
2007-12-05, 09:51 PM
Fall 1905 Orders

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1905R.jpg

Austria-Hungary
A bud -> vie
F bul/sc -> con Bounced with smy 1:1
A gal -> sil
A rum -> sev Failed because A sev -> mos failed
A ukr supports A rum -> sev Support cut by move from war
A vie -> tri

England
F lvp holds
F lon holds

France
A bur supports A mar
A gas -> spa
A mar holds
F tun supports A wes -> tys
F wes -> tys

Germany
F hel -> den
A kie supports F hel -> den
F nth supports F swe -> nwy
F swe -> nwy
A tyr -> ven
A yor -> lon Bounced with lon 1:1

Italy
No orders received, all units tasked to hold
F tys holds Dislodged from wes 2:1

Russia
F den -> swe
A edi -> yor Failed because A yor -> lon failed
a mos -> ukr Bounced with ukr 1:1
A war -> ukr Bounced with ukr 1:1
F nwy -> nth Bounced with nth 1:1, dislodged from swe 2:1
F ska supports F den -> swe

Turkey
A arm -> ank Bounced with ank 1:1
a sev -> mos Failed because A mos -> ukr failed
F smy -> con Bounced with bul/sc 1:1

Retreats
Italian F tys can retreat to tus, rom, nap, ion or disband
Russian F nwy can retreat to nwy, bar, stp/nc or disband

Fall 1904 Retreats due Tomorrow, Thursday 6 December at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Adjustments
France: 1 build available
Germany: 2 builds available
Italy: 2 disbands needed
Russia: 1 disband needed

Winter 1906 Adjustments due Saturday 8 December at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

OoC: darthmario, post here or PM to confirm your interest in staying in this game. If I don't hear by Friday, I will replace you.

stezerok
2007-12-06, 12:50 AM
hmm... thats a pity... I was hoping to have someone to play against in the battle for the Italian Peninsula...

Mavian
2007-12-06, 08:30 PM
He takes a step to the left, before jumping to the right. He then places his hands on his hips, and brings his knees in tight.

I'm going to stop before the pelvic thrusting though. Just thought I'd mention it seems we're caught in a TimeWarp as it was 1905, but says next year will be 1904

Highwarlord
2007-12-06, 08:36 PM
F nwy will retreat to stp

Neftren
2007-12-07, 02:32 PM
Bah. My partner is missing... I think he's on like...vacation or something...

Elektro
2007-12-07, 03:40 PM
So, I haven't heard anything from darthmario. You all have these choices:

1. We look for a replacement player and delay the game until then.
2. I will play as Italy using holds and supported holds ONLY. I will post the moves publicly on this game thread for all to see.
3. We don't look for a replacement and just let Italy NMR until it's eliminated.

Please let me know what you all want to do. If you have a better idea, let us all know.

Highwarlord
2007-12-07, 05:44 PM
I motion that we do #1 for a little while (several days, decided on now) and then skip to # 3.

Mavian
2007-12-07, 05:46 PM
#1 makes sense to me, especially with the holiday season coming up.

Moody the Wise
2007-12-07, 06:41 PM
I vote option 4.

4. Italy is placed under the direct control of a military tribunal constituted by representatives of each remaining European power and moderated by the Swiss. Each season, every power submits along with its own orders the orders it would like to see Italy's units be given. The results are compiled by expert Swiss clerks and the most popular orders are assigned to each unit. In the event of ties, for example if three powers order A Pie-Mar and the other three order A Pie-Tyr, the unit will hold. The taking of any currently owned Italian supply center will disqualify the aggressor nation from membership in the tribunal, although moves against Italian units up to and including the dislodgement thereof will not.

Or if nobody else votes for that, my other vote is for option number one, because a new Italy might actually side with me.

Neftren
2007-12-07, 06:56 PM
I'd be up for option 1, and Moody's option 4. Which is quite nice, except for that one unit sitting in my heartland...

Elektro
2007-12-07, 08:35 PM
I am fine with option four. I will start looking for a replacement, but we're getting kinda sparse since almost everyone is already playing in multiple games.

If we choose 4, I'd make an executive Swiss decision that A ser holds. That's the only way it would be fair to Neftren.

Moody the Wise
2007-12-07, 09:51 PM
Wait, fair to Neftren? Since when are we concerned with being fair? What happened to "all is fair in love and WAR"? He runs just as legitimate a risk of A Serbia going somewhere under a real Italian player as he does under a disco ordinated* multi-national military tribunal - perhaps even more so under the leadership of a real Italian player. It's his own gosh-darn fault for letting Italy into Serbia. He wouldn't be where he is now if it weren't for the risks he took in trusting Italy, and he should be prepared to deal with the consequences.

This massage brought to you by the Strongbadian Ministry of Nicety.^

*I had to; my spell-checker was complaining about discoordinated not being a "word", and suggested either dis coordinated or disco ordinated. It was too funny to pass up.

^Unintentional cross-game humor. I didn't even realize this was the wrong thread for the joke until I looked down the page and didn't see my previous post about it, but I'm leaving it because it's funny. The game it came from is Genesis of Empires (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62078&page=2).

Elektro
2007-12-07, 10:17 PM
Wait, fair to Neftren? Since when are we concerned with being fair? What happened to "all is fair in love and WAR"?

True. But this is DIPLOMACY, see, so I don't have to be fair. :smallbiggrin: But seriously, if everyone chooses option 4 and the majority agrees with Moody on the role of A ser, then we'll go with his idea. Mob rule, baby.

stezerok
2007-12-08, 12:09 AM
I'm down for looking for a few days. and as others have said, if that yields no results, then lets go with the option 4. I agree with Moody though, Serbia should be able to do whatever it wants when you decide which players orders to go with Elektro. Especially considering that we don't know if Darthmario left it in there for the intent of betraying Austria in future anyhow.

Moody the Wise
2007-12-08, 12:17 AM
Especially considering that we don't know if Darthmario left it in there for the intent of betraying Austria in future anyhow.

Amen to that.

Neftren
2007-12-08, 10:15 AM
True. But this is DIPLOMACY, see, so I don't have to be fair. :smallbiggrin: But seriously, if everyone chooses option 4 and the majority agrees with Moody on the role of A ser, then we'll go with his idea. Mob rule, baby.

Well I don't mind the option 4, but I do think that it should be a hold order, since if I attack it, I automatically lose voting rights in the tribunal. That means that Italy can run around in the middle of my heartland and take everything, with me powerless to stop it.

Edit: As for the Betrayal card, no it actually wasn't. A Serb was there as a support mechanism, in the event we were compromised by the Turkish. Which didn't actually happen, but...

Moody the Wise
2007-12-08, 11:59 AM
Well I don't mind the option 4, but I do think that it should be a hold order, since if I attack it, I automatically lose voting rights in the tribunal. That means that Italy can run around in the middle of my heartland and take everything, with me powerless to stop it.

Edit: As for the Betrayal card, no it actually wasn't. A Serb was there as a support mechanism, in the event we were compromised by the Turkish. Which didn't actually happen, but...

Well, yes, of course that's why YOU though A Serbia was there ...

And to clarify, you can attack it, you can even dislodge it, but you don't lost membership in the tribunal until you take the SC.

And again, Italy going crazy in your heartland is something you should be prepared for with a real Italy too. I don't think that the possibility of it happening under a tribunal is really inconveniencing you, since that possibility exists at least as strongly under a real player. If anything, having that unit hold under a tribunal would be unfairly shielding you.

Neftren
2007-12-08, 01:09 PM
4. Italy is placed under the direct control of a military tribunal constituted by representatives of each remaining European power and moderated by the Swiss. Each season, every power submits along with its own orders the orders it would like to see Italy's units be given. The results are compiled by expert Swiss clerks and the most popular orders are assigned to each unit. In the event of ties, for example if three powers order A Pie-Mar and the other three order A Pie-Tyr, the unit will hold. The taking of any currently owned Italian supply center will disqualify the aggressor nation from membership in the tribunal, although moves against Italian units up to and including the dislodgement thereof will not.

That's how I interpreted it.

Moody the Wise
2007-12-08, 01:24 PM
That's how I interpreted it.

Yes, that is correct. I was merely emphasizing that you can attack the unit until the cows come home with no repercussions. It isn't until you take the supply center of Serbia (or any other supply center currently owned by Italy) that you lose stock in the tribunal.

Neftren
2007-12-08, 01:29 PM
So in order to prevent the rest of Italy going after me, I must allow Italy herself to destroy me, while I am powerless to react... I'm sure most of you aren't exactly going to be friendly towards AH, since you (Moody) was almost wiped out by us, the Russians have fought with us since the beginning, Germany has decided to expand south since it's losing it's war against Russia and England is almost wiped off the map anyway. France is probably doing the best here at holding it's own.

Mavian
2007-12-08, 01:33 PM
Um, German's southern expansion has absolutetly nothing to do with the war with Russia, it has more to do with NAP's and MDT's.

And how exactly am I losing a that fight?

Moody the Wise
2007-12-08, 01:47 PM
Neftren, if you recall, I was very friendly towards you when I took over this besieged power. I also think it's unfair to say that I have almost been wiped out by you and Italy. My predecessor was quickly going the way of the dodo, but in my two years as Sultan I've lost only one net supply center.

But I have a diplomatic solution. Italy needs to disband two units this Winter anyway. How's about one of them is A Serbia by default, and the other chosen by tribunal? Then you won't have to worry about A Serbia wreaking any havoc on you.

Highwarlord
2007-12-08, 03:20 PM
I concur with the latest statement.
Neftren can choose to remove himself from the tribunal and take Serbia, or just leave Serbia sitting their unmolested.

I also vote Option 4.

Neftren
2007-12-08, 05:18 PM
Neftren, if you recall, I was very friendly towards you when I took over this besieged power. I also think it's unfair to say that I have almost been wiped out by you and Italy. My predecessor was quickly going the way of the dodo, but in my two years as Sultan I've lost only one net supply center.

Agreed, although I was referring to your predecessor the Dodo, not you.

But I have a diplomatic solution. Italy needs to disband two units this Winter anyway. How's about one of them is A Serbia by default, and the other chosen by tribunal? Then you won't have to worry about A Serbia wreaking any havoc on you.

That would be acceptable to me. That way I still have some say in Italy's actions, yet do not suffer any consequences of other nations deciding to have a field day in deciding to destroy me.

Anyway, I still say we should probably wait for Mario for another day or two, and look for replacements, then say on Tuesday, which is the next date on the original move submission schedule, submit Build/Retreat/Disband orders.

Elektro
2007-12-08, 10:52 PM
Berner Beobachter - 11 Januar 1906

Italy Falls Into Anarchy, Swiss Asked to Intervene
With the ruler of Italy having not be heard from or seen in the fast months, civil disorder has roiled the once great state of Italy. The news of defeats abroad have resulted in the overthrow of the previous government, and numerous factions are currently vying to replace them. The Great Powers are watching these events with great curiosity, and have agreed to implement a supervisory council headed by the Swiss in Geneve if a successor government does not arise.

Swiss News and World Report

1. Germany (8, +2): The German Empire has moved into the driver seat in 1905. Its northern campaign is on the verge of a total breakthrough into the remaining Russian and English provinces. However, a serious threat to its continued expansion arose with the Austro-Hungarian invasion launched last fall.

2. Austria-Hungary (6, 0): The Austro-Hungarians continued to position their forces to invade Russia and Germany. Their position has become tenuous with the disorder in their staunch ally Italy.

2. France (6, +1): The French have continued to make steady progress with the capture of Tunisia from the reeling Italians. Their forces are positioned well to take advantage of any further disorder in Italy.

3. Russia (5, -1): The Bear continues to fall back against strong pressure from all of its neighbors. With the Germans, Austrians and Turks all knocking on Moscow and St. Petersburg's doorstep and Edinburgh isolated, the Russians will desperately need a friend to remain relevant.

4. Italy (4, -2): The Italians suffered from the lack of leadership at home. They position is now tenuous as their forces await orders.

5. Turkey (3, 0): The Turks have held another year, helped immensely by the Italian confusion. The Turks will look to reunite their nation and make gains against an overstretched Austria-Hungary.

6. England (2, 0): The English continue to tenaciously guard their remaining possessions. However, with the continued Franco-German detente and the with the Russians no longer able to defend their possessions on the island, they will soon be hard-pressed.

OoC: Game Information

I have asked a couple of players if they would be willing to step in for Italy. If I find one by Monday, I will ask for 1905 adjustments with a deadline of that Tuesday.

If I do not find a player I will institute Moody's plan. I will ask for 1905 adjustments and the order for the retreating F tys and the Italian disband (we will disband A ser as agreed above).

Just to remind everyone, this would be the general plan:

I will choose the order with with a plurality of votes. If there is no clear choice or two choices are tied, the unit in question will hold. However, if the armed forces of any nation make a premeditated attack on the Italians, they will be removed from the tribunal. To clarify, any attack (whether successful or not) against an Italian center or unit will cause removal. Any Italian attack or inadvertent bounce will not cause removal.

Examples:

Turkish A arm -> smy will cause removal, successful or not
French F tun -> wes and Italian F lys -> wes will not cause removal

Elektro
2007-12-11, 12:53 PM
Winter 1905 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-S1906M.jpg

Retreats
Russian F nwy retreats to stp/nc
Italian F tys retreats to rom

Adjustments
Germany: Builds A mun, F ber
France: Builds F bre
Italy: Disbands A ser, F lyo
Russia: Disbands A edi

J-man has graciously agreed to step in as Italy. In order to allow everyone to have more time for diplomacy, Spring 1906 orders will be due this Friday.

Spring 1906 Orders are due Friday, 14 December at 2200 EST

Jamin
2007-12-14, 06:13 PM
Greetings nations of the world I ,Casca of Rome, will now be ruling this nation of Italy. Even if these arr its last days the people of Italy shall fight to the death to defend their homelands and what ever else they can can take

Highwarlord
2007-12-15, 01:26 AM
Thinking Czar Executed; Russians Exhale in Relief
It is simply no longer needed to come up with a new name for that silly, souther Austritalian empire. Perhaps this Casca can come up with his own name for the Christmas nation should it reform.
We would also like to take this time to remind Europe at large that "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" is still the season's official song for the year.

Neftren
2007-12-15, 11:21 AM
So who are we waiting on...? I'd like to see whether I have to retreat from being hemmed in on all sides...

Elektro
2007-12-16, 12:22 PM
Spring 1906 Results

Map:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1906M.jpg

Austria-Hungary
A sil -> war
A ukr supports A sil -> war
A rum supports A mos -> sev
F bul/sc -> con Bounced with smy 1:1
A tri holds
A vie holds

England
F lon -> yor
F lvp -> cly

France
F tys supports F tun -> ion
F tun -> ion
A mar -> pie Failed because A pie -> ven failed
A bur holds
A spa holds
F bre -> mao

Germany
A yor -> edi
F nth -> ska
F den supports F nth -> ska
F nwy -> swe Dislodged from swe 2:1
F ber -> bal
A kie -> ber
A mun holds
A ven -> pie Bounced with pie 1:1

Italy
F eas -> smy Failed because F smy -> con failed
A pie -> ven Bounced with ven 1:1
A ank H
F rom -> nap

Russia
F swe -> nwy
F stp/nc supports F swe -> nwy
F ska -> nth Dislodged from nth 2:1
A mos -> sev
A war -> gal

Turkey
F smy -> con Bounced with bul/sc 1:1
A sev -> arm Failed because A arm -> ank failed, dislodged from mos 2:1, no retreat possible, unit destroyed

Retreats
F nwy retreats to nth
F ska retreats to swe

We're going to slow this game down to 1 turn/week as the holidays are here. You all have told me you are busy (as am I), so this will help things a little.

Fall 1906 Orders are due Thursday, 20 December at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Mavian
2007-12-16, 02:30 PM
My fleet in Nwy retreats to Nth as I mentioned in my orders. Was trying to make it easier for you :smalltongue:

Highwarlord
2007-12-16, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the slowdown. Not like it'll make much of a difference, but I haven't exactly been active.

stezerok
2007-12-16, 04:20 PM
um... Russias: Fleet in (Ska) can retreat to (Swe)...

Elektro
2007-12-16, 06:28 PM
um... Russias: Fleet in (Ska) can retreat to (Swe)...

You're right. I was doing the adjudication by hand without a map so it didn't cross my mind. I'll go ahead and assume that where it's going to go.

stezerok
2007-12-16, 09:37 PM
damn man, doing the adjudication by hand?! lol thats crazy. Well I'm really glad you're doin that for us man, I dunno how I'd get by without Jdip lol.

Neftren
2007-12-17, 09:17 PM
OOph, I seem to have overstretched the capabilities of my armies... I may have to go defensive for one turn...

Highwarlord
2007-12-17, 10:06 PM
Can you update the map soon-ish? That would make me a happy pretend Russian.

Neftren
2007-12-18, 09:49 AM
Are you sure that's the right map...? By my count, there are several units missing from the map...

Highwarlord
2007-12-18, 07:18 PM
Yep. My Galician horde for one :smalltongue:

Neftren
2007-12-18, 08:09 PM
That would be the unit in question actually. What happened to the army in Warsaw that moved to Galicia...?

Moody the Wise
2007-12-18, 10:00 PM
That would be the unit in question actually. What happened to the army in Warsaw that moved to Galicia...?

I ate it. I'm a crafty SOB like that. I'll teach you to ally against me ...

Neftren
2007-12-19, 03:37 PM
Okay, Elektro, can you please post a correct map... :smalleek:

Moody the Wise
2007-12-19, 03:57 PM
Okay, Elektro, can you please post a correct map... :smalleek:

I have also eaten Elektro. And the map.

But if you want to see the map, just make your own. There's nothing magical about the GM's map - he inputs the same orders you do (unless he copies the orders incorrectly).

Elektro
2007-12-20, 02:09 AM
We're Still Here Say the Swiss

Contrary to reports of the Swiss being "eaten," Swiss President Oskar Tannenbaum reassured reporters that Switzerland was just fine. "Perhaps they meant they ate our fine chocolates? They're quite delicious." The press conference then broke up as the reporters and president snacked on Pralienen.

OoC: The map has been corrected. The only error was Russian A gal. Also, 24-ish hours warning for Fall 1906 orders.

Elektro
2007-12-21, 04:48 PM
Fall 1907 Orders

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1906R.jpg

Austria-Hungary
F bul/sc -> gre
A rum -> ser
A ukr -> rum Bounced against gal 1:2
A war holds
A vie -> bud
A tri -> vie

England
F yor -> lon Bounced with nth 1:1
F cly -> lvp Bounced with edi 1:1

France
F tys supports f ion -> nap
F ion -> nap
A spa -> naf Convoy path: spa -> mao -> naf
F mao convoys A spa -> naf
A bur -> bel
a mar -> pie Failed because A pie -> ven failed

Germany
A ber -> swe Convoy path: ber -> bal -> swe
F bal convoys A ber -> swe
F den supports A ber -> swe
A ska supports A ber -> swe Support cut by move from swe, dislodged from swe 2:1
A edi -> lvp Bounced with cly 1:1
F nth -> lon Bounced with yor 1:1
A ven supports F tys -> rom Support cut by move from pie
A mun holds

Italy
A pie -> ven Bounced with ven 1:1
f nap holds Dislodged from ion 2:1
F eas -> smy
A ank supports F eas -> smy Support cut by move from arm

Russia
F nwy supports F swe -> ska
F swe -> ska
F stp/nc supports F nwy
A gal -> rum
A sev supports A gal -> rum

Turkey
F smy -> con

Retreats:
German F ska cannot retreat, unit destroyed
Italian F nap can retreat to rom, apu, or disband

Adjustments:
Austria-Hungary: 1 build
England: none
France: 2 builds
Italy: 1 disband
Russia: none
Turkey: 1 disband

Once again, I did this without the help of jDip so tell me if something is wrong. Since we're all going to be busy with Christmas and New Year's, the next orders deadline in in two weeks. Get in the adjustments and retreats in sometime in that period when you have time.

Spring 1908 Orders are due Friday, January 4 2008 at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Neftren
2007-12-24, 08:35 AM
Austria Hungary can only build in Trieste, so I'll make it an army. No brainer about that.

Moody the Wise
2007-12-24, 02:43 PM
Disband A Arm

Also, I'm going to post my next order here. Of course there is the possibility that I'm lying, but all concerned persons will need to make their own judgments about that.

F Con-Aeg

Good hunting.

stezerok
2007-12-24, 04:39 PM
Germany
A ven supports F tys -> lon Support cut by move from pie

wait what exactly is this supposed to mean? lol because thats not even like a legitimate order. or is it just supposed to be a BS order by germany?

Elektro
2007-12-24, 08:35 PM
The order was A ven supports f tys -> rom. It failed by both the move from pie and that it was an invalid order. Sorry about that. Merry Christmas all.

stezerok
2007-12-25, 01:37 AM
The order was A ven supports f tys -> rom. It failed by both the move from pie and that it was an invalid order. Sorry about that. Merry Christmas all.

Ah I see. Well thanks for clarifying, and...

French Prime Minister Stezerok would like to wish all of the nations of the world a Merry Christmas!

Highwarlord
2007-12-25, 06:59 PM
Merry Christmas and Vodka to All!

Neftren
2008-01-09, 08:59 PM
Are we still on? I've been waiting for the retreat orders since before the holidays.

Elektro
2008-01-09, 09:02 PM
Are we still on? I've been waiting for the retreat orders since before the holidays.

We're still on. Forum overload has prevented me from updating, but I should do so tonight. I never got an order from F nap, so it disbanded. I think I have everyone's build orders.

EDIT:

Winter 1907 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-S1907M.jpg

Retreats
F nap disbands No order received, unit tasked to disband

Builds
Austria: Builds A tri
France: Builds A par, F bre
Germany: Builds A kie
Turkey: Disbands A arm

Spring 1908 Orders are due Monday, 14 January at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Elektro
2008-01-16, 09:31 PM
I only have orders from Mavian and Neftren as of right now (thanks!). Please post here if you are playing either way. Stezerok, I know you sent me orders earlier but they have been lost in my PM box. If I don't get anything else by Friday, I'll find replacements.

Neftren
2008-01-16, 09:38 PM
Does the winner or joint team winners get trophies like in your All Stars game? :smallconfused: :smallsmile:

Mavian
2008-01-20, 11:56 PM
Just bring this back to everyones attention

thewamp
2008-01-25, 02:37 AM
Hey, I'm beginning another (youngstown) game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3835437). Just giving a head's up for any of you interested in joining. I'll be GMing a standard one starting in early February, as well.

Elektro
2008-01-25, 02:55 AM
The above post means it is time for us to decide our course of action. Moody, Neftren, and Mavian are all still in. England, Turkey, and Italy are dead, and do no need replacements. France and Russia need replacements. Moody can take one and I can find someone quickly to take the other.

Do you want me to look or do you want to call the game dead?

thewamp
2008-01-25, 12:20 PM
I could also join in this game, if you need someone, by the way

Elektro
2008-01-25, 07:50 PM
Okay everybody, here's the deal.

Neftren - Austria-Hungary
Mavian - Germany
Moody_the_not_so_Wise - France :smallwink:
thewamp - Russia

England, Turkey, and Italy are all in civil disorder (all units hold) so feel free to kill them.

Unless you all give me orders before then,

Spring 1908 Moves are due Monday, 28 January at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Neftren
2008-01-25, 08:01 PM
Okay everybody, here's the deal.

Neftren - Austria-Hungary
Mavian - Germany
Moody_the_not_so_Wise - France :smallwink:
thewamp - Russia

England, Turkey, and Italy are all in civil disorder (all units hold) so feel free to kill them.

Unless you all give me orders before then,

Spring 1908 Moves are due Monday, 28 January at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Erm. Can we get the map or...?

Elektro
2008-01-25, 08:01 PM
It's up there about 5 posts (Winter 1907 results), spoilered for your convenience. :smallwink:

Elektro
2008-01-31, 12:29 PM
Spring 1907 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1907M.jpg

Austria

A bud -> rum
F gre -> bul/sc
A ser supports F gre -> bul/sc
A tri holds
A ukr supports A bud -> rum
A war -> mos Bounced with sev 1:1
A vie -> gal Bounched with rum 1:1

France
A bel -> ruh
F bre -> eng
A mar supports A par -> bur
F mao -> nao
F nap -> rom
A naf -> tun
A par -> bur
F tys supports F nap -> rom

Germany
F bal convoys A kie -> lvn
F den supports F nth -> ska
A edi -> yor Bounced against yor 1:1
A kie -> lvn
A mun -> ber
F nth -> ska
A swe -> nwy Bounced aginst ska 1:2
A ven holds

Russia
F ska -> nwy
F stp/nc supports F ska -> nwy
F nwy -> nwg
A sev -> mos Bounced with war 1:1
A rum -> gal Bounced with vie 1:1, dislodged from bud 2:1, no retreat possible, unit destroyed

Fall 1907 Orders are due Monday, 4 February at 2200 EST (0300 GMT)

Neftren
2008-02-05, 08:25 PM
Ugh, I'm stuck in a major conundrum as to what I plan to do...

Moody the Wise
2008-02-07, 01:20 PM
So ... are we waiting on missing orders, or missing Elektro?

Elektro
2008-02-11, 12:03 PM
Sorry all, it's been a hectic week.

Fall 1907 Results

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/elektrotek85/BalanceofPower-F1907R.jpg

Austria-Hungary
F bul/sc -> bla Invalid order, hold order assigned
A rum -> sev
A ser -> bul Failed because F bul/sc -> bla failed
A tri -> ser Failed because A ser -> ber failed
A ukr supports A rum -> sev
A vie -> tri Failed because A tri -> ser failed
A war -> mos Bounced with sev 1:1

France
A bur -> mun
F eng -> lon
A mar -> bur
F nao holds
F rom supporA tun -> tus
A ruh supports A bur -> mun
A tun -> tus
F tys convoys A tun -> tus

Germany

All units ordered to hold

Russia
F nwy holds
F nwg supports F nwy
A sev -> mos Bounced with war 1:1, dislodged from rum 2:1
F stp/nc holds

Retreats
Russian A sev can retreat to arm or disband

Adjustments
France: 3 builds
Germany: 1 disband
Russia: 1 disband

Winter 1907 Adjustments are due Wednesday, 13 February at 2359 MST (0659 GMT, 14 Feb)

Spring 1907 Orders are due Friday, 15 February at 2359 MST (0659 GMT, 16 Feb)