PDA

View Full Version : What books contain spells not in the SC?

BardicDuelist
2007-10-16, 06:32 PM
Pretty straight forward. What books have spells not in the spell compendium (except, ofcourse, the PHB)?

Starbuck_II
2007-10-16, 06:35 PM
Pretty straight forward. What books have spells not in the spell compendium (except, ofcourse, the PHB)?

Many PHB 2 spells are not. The spells in back of Expanded Psionics Handbook. And Complete Mage and Scoundrel have own spells.

Reel On, Love
2007-10-16, 07:18 PM
All of the ones published after it, obviously.

Which is the Complete Mage/Scoundrel/Champion, Cityscape, the PHB II, and whatever campaign setting supplements and adventure books have spells on their own.

martyboy74
2007-10-16, 08:12 PM
Many PHB 2 spells are not. The spells in back of Expanded Psionics Handbook. And Complete Mage and Scoundrel have own spells.

Brain Spider is the only exception from the XPH.

RTGoodman
2007-10-16, 08:35 PM
All of the ones published after it, obviously.

Which is the Complete Mage/Scoundrel/Champion, Cityscape, the PHB II, and whatever campaign setting supplements and adventure books have spells on their own.

I don't know if all of these have spells (since I don't own most of them), but the other books published afterwards are:

Complete Psionic (maybe?), Dragon Magic (which I imagine has some spells, at least), the Fiendish Codices, any super-module type adventures (I know some have PrCs, so there's a chance of spells there), Races of the Dragon (maybe?), Dungeonscape (probably), and Exemplars of Evil.

Reel On, Love
2007-10-16, 08:39 PM
Dragon Magic has a bunch of spells. Races of the Dragon has spells, including the very, very good Wings of Flurry and the ridiculous Wings of Cover. Modules usually have one or two spells (i.e. the Undermountain one has Halaster's Teleport Cage or whatever). At least one of the Fiendish Codices has spells, which means the other probably does as well.

namo
2007-10-16, 10:06 PM
Frostburn, Sandstorm, Stormwrack : not all spells were transferred to the SC.

Accountant
2007-10-16, 10:37 PM
Oh, and don't forget Magic of Incarnum!

...what?