PDA

View Full Version : The Woven (Weaver Aligned) (Fomor Variant) (WoD)

Ilgivan
2007-10-17, 10:57 AM
I started on this because I'm running a game where a Tzimisce (the big bad of this game) got possessed by a weaver spirit and began creating a new Stepford using points in herd to simulate a cult, where everyone looked exactly alike, and then I continued.

It's still in progress, thus PEACH. I'm looking for feedback as I work.

Powers

Animal Control: Works as normal. Cost is reduced to 1. Only domesticated animals may be controlled in this manner.

Balefire Flux: Balefire is Wyrm, not Weaver. This is not a valid option for The Woven as it exists now. Perhaps revamping it to be something different could work.

Berserker: Rage is much too disorderly for The Woven. At the GM's discretion, this may be taken with some other, more orderly dice pool.

Body Barbs: Completely acceptable, but must be taken with Hidden Power. Fitting in is good.

Body Expansion: Also fine.

Brain Eating: Switch to wits, instead of intelligence, so as to keep the victims nice and orderly, but still smart enough to work technology.

Cause Insanity: No.

Chameleon Coloration: Not only is this acceptable, it costs one less point than if a Fomor took it. Fitting in is good, and hiding is a kind of fitting in. When taken as the one point (two point) version, the allowed range is all normal skin tones.

Claws, Fangs, Horns: Yes, but it COSTS an extra point from the Fomor price, and Hidden Power must be taken with it. Fitting in is good. Claws and the like are conspicuous.

Corrupted Visions: Against my better judgement, yes. But no driving people crazy. Just urging people to fit in, be normal, don't do anything out of the ordinary, et-cetera.

Darksight: Completely acceptable.

Deception: Making things seem perfectly normal? Cost is reduced to five. Perfectly acceptable.

Ectoplasmic Tentacles: May only be taken with Webbing.

Enhancement: Fitting in? Cost reduced to 2.

Exoskeleton: Spiders have these... but it makes you conspicuous. Cost remains as is. May only be taken with Hidden Power.

Extra Limbs: May only be taken in like pairs, and may only be taken with Hidden Power. Cost is reduced to 2 per limb, limit is 8 limbs total, meaning this can only be used to add four limbs.

Extra Speed: Good. Cost reduced to 2/4

Eyes of the Wyrm: No. A billion times no.

Foot Pads: Yes. Free if taken with a physical Mega-Attribute.

Frog Tongue: May only be taken with Webbing.

Fungal Touch: No.

Garou Gifts: Yes. The vampire discipline Obfuscate may also be taken in this way.

Gaseous Form: Yes.

Hand From Beyond: Yes. See new conditionals for Umbral Passage.

Hazardous Breath: Nn... yes. But it always costs two points and can only be taken with Webbing. Also, it doesn't deal damage, it is simply a more efficient way to spread webbing.

------------------------------------

I'll edit in the rest as I find my notes in the bottom of my bag.