PDA

View Full Version : Vengence of The Penguin (Playing)

Bobnik
2007-10-17, 09:02 PM
First up: Mods, could you please move this into Structured?

It was a slice of luck indeed, your Antarctic tourist flight crash landing next to an abandoned base. Or so you thought….

Twelve hours after the crash, while you all were trying to sleep, a booming voice carrying subtle but distinct hints of quack woke everyone up. This is what he said:

“I am the Emperor of the Emperor Penguins, Controller of the Fates! None shall rescue you, warm-bloods, until I will it so! Two shall live, the rest will be an offering of blood to pay for their freedom! Each day at midnight, send two of your number to face me, and I will decide their fate!”

Will you survive the Vengence of the Penguin?

Da Rules:

1. The Turn. Each turn shall take 24 hrs, real time and will consist of the voting and one action.

2. The Dice. There is some dice rolling in this game. I will roll the dice.

3. The Voting. Each turn, you must vote for two people to face the Penguin. The vote is open. Should there be ties, ALL involved will meet the Penguin.

4. Surfboards. Certain actions in the game will gain or lose you surfboards. Your number of surfboards is public knowledge (well, they are hard to hide). They are transferable at will as bribes to vote certain ways or whatever other reason. The giver in such a transaction should PM me with the name of the recipient and the number of surfboards. Once the PM is sent, the transaction WILL TAKE PLACE. No take-backs. Everybody starts with two Surfboards.

5. Fatigue. In the harsh conditions of Antarctica, fatigue is your greatest enemy. Fatigue slows you, and can prevent success in your actions. Each player begins with a Fatigue of 5 and your Fatigue can range between 0 and 10. For some actions, a d10 roll equal to or greater than your current fatigue will be required to succeed and some rolls have modifiers. Natural 10s always succeed, natural 1s always fail. Should you reach a fatigue of 10 you must Sleep in your next action. Your Fatigue level will be public knowledge.

6. Actions. As well as voting, you must choose one of the following actions:
a) Sleep. This will remove 1 fatigue. Remember, if your Fatigue reaches 10, you must sleep.
b) Search. This will add 1 fatigue. On a successful fatigue check with a -2 modifier to your roll you will find d4 surfboards, and possibly a Magic Item.
c) Steal. This will add 1 fatigue. On a successful fatigue check (no modifier) you will steal one surfboard from a random Sleeper. Should the number of surfboards successfully stolen outweigh the number of surfboards possessed by the Sleepers, random chance will decide who gets what.

7. The Penguin. When you face the Penguin, you can buy off his bloodlust with but one thing: Surfboards. The Penguin will demand d3 surfboards. If you cannot give them to him, you will be thrown into a pit of ravenous nestlings and slowly consumed over a thousand years. Game over for you, unless… unless you can dance. A successful Fatigue check, at -5 to your roll, will prove your disco worth to the Penguin…. tonight. Such is the stress and exertion required for this that your fatigue will automatically jump to 10. The Penguin will also confiscate any surfboards you did have.

8. Missed Turns. If you miss a turn you will be assumed to be Sleeping, no vote will be counted and you will be susceptible to Steal from other players.

9. Magic Items. Should you be lucky enough to find a magic item while Searching, you will be informed via PM. You do not need to tell anyone you have the item. All items will trigger automatically next time the associated event occurs, and not all are beneficial.

10. Random Events. Some turns will have random events occur. You will be informed at the beginning of the turn.

Registration opens now. It will close when I have 20 players or in 4 days, whichever is first. If anyone wants to take these rules and/or mod them and open another game, go right ahead.

Rug up well, it’s cold out there.

EDIT: I've extended the recruitment time. We'll see how we go.

EDIT 2: We are closed and playing. Don't worry, this will probably run again, or you are free to run your own.

Talen
2007-10-17, 09:08 PM
I shall be happy to face the penguin.

You have been violated girly man:smalltongue:

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-10-17, 09:12 PM
Let the randomness begin foolish peng... I mean humans *embarassed cough*
for I will join this quest.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-17, 09:46 PM
I'm In. Also you might want to extend the recruitment period to a week. That way more people will join and the game will be better.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-18, 03:58 AM
So, Penguin, we meet again... I always thought I was the better villain, but now we shall see, in this battle of wits! Surf's up!

(Who the hell goes surfing in the antartic anyways?)

Bobnik
2007-10-18, 04:57 AM
I just thiught I'd cash in on the latest movies involving penguins. You know how it is.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-18, 05:06 AM
I don't think anyone liked Happy Feet, which must be some kind of record, considering it involved penguins...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-18, 08:59 AM
I'm exhausted of werewolf games. Fortunately, this is not a werewolf game. Its a silly penguin game. I like silly penguin games a lot. I want to play this one.

banjo1985
2007-10-18, 09:27 AM
Hehe this sounds totally ridiculous... I love it!

I'm in for this thing, just a rule-related question:

- I'm guessing voting takes place on the thread, but with our daily actions such as steal, sleep & search, are those also posted on the thread or PM'd to you?

Bobnik
2007-10-18, 10:53 AM
The actions are posted publicly, with your votes. The only thing that isn't public knowledge is what magic items you may or may not have. You are free to tell whoever you want what you have, but you don't have to.

Artemis97
2007-10-18, 10:59 AM
This looks silly, sign me up! :smallsmile:

Castaras
2007-10-18, 11:14 AM
I'm already in too many games....trying to cut back on games precious.
But precious! It silly! And has penguinses precious!
No! Cassie! Cassie!
PENGUINSES! YOU WANT PENGUINSES!
AHHH!

In.

Bobnik
2007-10-19, 01:39 AM
I'm gonna take that as a "yes please, sign me up."

Good thing I have 10 ranks in Psychotic Jabber.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-19, 02:51 AM
This looks like it won't take too much of my time so guess I'm in.

Castaras
2007-10-19, 06:05 AM
I'm gonna take that as a "yes please, sign me up."

Good thing I have 10 ranks in Psychotic Jabber.

That it is. As I said, In. :smallamused:

Penguinses penguinses penguinses. :smallbiggrin:

Zombie pixe
2007-10-19, 11:21 AM
damn it, this sounds like a perfectly stupid game for me to join, however, i have a feeling that, since i will be on holiday for the next week, i will die :smallfrown:

i would if i could.

but i cant.

sorry.

Bobnik
2007-10-22, 07:29 AM
So far we've got 9 people. I'll run with 9 but it would be better to have more. In approximatley 24 hrs I'll start it up. Hopefully this shameless bump will catch the attention of more victi*cough* players.

eidreff
2007-10-22, 02:32 PM
I would love to play this but am going away for a week or so.:smallannoyed:

Maybe next time.

Dr. Bath
2007-10-22, 04:52 PM
Ooooh Me! I would like to play.

Can you have a template for days when you know you will miss a round?

banjo1985
2007-10-22, 04:54 PM
Sorry but I'm going to have to back out of this one. I was expecting to get knocked out of a number of games, but it turns out I'm staying alive in them all...

Many apologies, I hope the game goes well.

Inhuman Bot
2007-10-22, 07:16 PM
Iam in.
Penguins as a filler.

Bobnik
2007-10-23, 04:09 AM
Ok, looks like we have ten players.

Here is the list:

Slaanesh
Dr Bath
Castaras
Fleeing Coward
Artemis97
Atreyu the Masked LLama
MrEdwardNigma
Raiser_B1ade
LadyMirandaKaos
Talen

@Dr Bath: See rule 8. If you miss a day, you will sleep.

Remember, I need two names and an action.

GAME ON!

Dr. Bath
2007-10-23, 04:53 AM
Imma searchin' ma surfboards. <searching for surfboards>

and I vote for Talen and Raiser B1ade! Woo Penguins!

Talen
2007-10-23, 05:31 AM
Dr Bath and MrEdwardNigma Search And may the fleas of a thousand nest dweller sleep on Dr Bath

Bobnik
2007-10-23, 05:31 AM
Doc, that's TWO names.

edit: @Talen: Gah! Simulpost!

Castaras
2007-10-23, 05:37 AM
Tiptoe through the snow...

Better go find some of the surfboards...

*finds penguin footprint*

AHHHH! *runs back to camp*

*Goes back to searching for the surfboards*

And that Dr. Bath there, he's gonna be frozen in isn't he? Better send him to the penguin. And that Talen...a cruel assassin if I ever saw one. Don't trust him one inch. He should face the penguin.

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-10-23, 06:45 AM
Gliding through the snow,

searching icey peaks.

The eye-catching colour,

black and yellow at my feet,

is whispering the answers, the ones that we all seek.

The annoying ego strung player,

and the feathered fleeing fowl,

I hearby nominate these walkers,

to heed my penguin's howl.

(thus my action is to search and my nominations are Raiser_B1ade and Fleeing Coward)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-23, 08:58 AM
*Whimpering, cold and scared, the llama goes to search for surfboards*

He judges Dr Bath and artemis to go face the penguin.

HE HE

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-23, 09:56 AM
Search for snowSurfboards.

I think Talen and Raiser_B1ade should go and face the wrath of the penguin.

Artemis97
2007-10-23, 10:11 AM
Artemis starts searching for surfboards and decides that the Llama and Dr. Bath shall face the penguin.

"Who's idea was it to bring surf boards to the artic? Back home, this would be useful (we have lovely surf here) but what I wouldn't give for a parka!"

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-10-23, 07:45 PM
I don't know who's idea it was to have surfboards in the arctic but since we're in Antarctica maybe some floated from New Zealand and Australia?

Raiser Blade
2007-10-23, 08:00 PM
Sleep/ also i vote for Dr. Bath and talien.

@V *fistshake*

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-23, 09:53 PM
The chicken walks onto the ice wondering how he ended up in the land of his arctic cousins.
Deciding that finding surfboards is his main concern for now, he goes and searches for them, leaving Dr. Bath and Raiser_Blade behind.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-23, 10:15 PM
A little rowboat nears the shores, a tall man in not but his undies sits within, just opposite a small, heavily coated but clearly slightly deformed man with a pair of oars in his flabby flippers-for-hands. The tall one looks at the goings on wih a pair of binoculars.

"Damn you, Oswald! You and your tardiness has made me late for the event!"

He raises his clenched fist towards the icy continent.

"I shall conquer you all next time, oh my yes. But in the meantime Oswald here is going to get us back to Gotham, aren't you, old boy?"

The small man sighs and begins rowing back the way he came.

(Awww. I can't believe I missed it. I can't believe I didn't see in my prowlings. Ah well. I may peruse, get a good laugh out of you, and I'll definately join up next time if it comes again. Tee-hee!)

Bobnik
2007-10-24, 07:07 AM
End of Day 1

I'll learn the code for tables in the next day.

Meanwhile:

Slaanesh slept (no entry)
Dr Bath searched without success
Castaras searched without success
Fleeing Coward searched, finding 3 surfboards
Artemis97 searched, finding 4 surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama searched, finding 4 surfboards
MrEdwardNigma searched, finding 1 surfboard
Raiser_B1ade slept
LadyMirandaKaos searched, finding 3 surfboards
Talen searched, finding 3 surfboards

Dr Bath had 6 votes, Talen 4 and Raiser_B1ade 4. As per rule 3, when there are ties at the top, ALL involved face the Penguin

As the unlucky three stumbled forth into the blizzard wracked gloom, a faint quacking guided them to their fate. The Penguin beheld each one in turn, and with barely held rage in his eyes, made his demands:

From Talen, 3 surfboards
From Dr Bath, 1 surfboard
From Raiser_B1ade, 1 surfboard

"Consider yourselves lucky that you each had my required tribute! Until next time humans, until next time!

NOTE: Some of you found magic items! Check your PMs.

The Wrap Up:

Slaanesh 4 Fatigue, 2 Surfboards
Dr Bath 6 Fatigue, 1 Surfboards
Castaras 6 Fatigue, 2 Surfboards
Fleeing Coward 6 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
Artemis97 6 Fatigue, 6 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 6 Fatigue, 6 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 6 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 4 Fatigue, 1 Surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos 6 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
Talen 6 Fatigue, 2 Surfboards

Day 2 Open!

Raiser Blade
2007-10-24, 10:19 AM
I'll go search for boards and i vote for slaanesh and artemis.

Castaras
2007-10-24, 10:22 AM
Castaras runs around, and collapses on the icey ground, snoring, fast asleep, but not before indicating that Raiser and Bath should face da Penguin.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-24, 01:27 PM
Maybe we should avoid makin' several people go to the penguin from now on?
And by several I mean more than two...
Oh well, I'll search, please.

And for now, I'll vote for Artemis and Atreyu, simply because they have more surfboards than the rest of us.

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-10-24, 03:07 PM
Whilst her little penguin "friend" whispers in her mind, Her Ladyship is crying over her hair...

It's pink! *sob* I hate pink! *gasping shout* Damn you cruel Skippy!!! *shaking her fist at the snowy sky*

After the tears subsided the well known (but not to you) anger wells up.

*seething* For this outrage I condem Slaanesh and Raiser B1ade to The Penguin. I want someone to dance, bang! bang!, dance you fools! Now! Right Meow! *sob*

Thus kicking and screaming she continues her semblence of searching.

votes: Slaanesh and Raiser B1ade
action: search

Artemis97
2007-10-24, 05:31 PM
Artemis decides to rest today, lazily waving at Slaanesh and Raiser_B1ade.

Talen
2007-10-25, 05:12 AM
Sleeping, Sleeping, Sleeping.
Is what I'll do today,
While sending Artemis and Castaras
Into the Quacky Fray.

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-25, 05:30 AM
The chicken decides to get some sleep but not before flying slaneesh and raiser_blade over to the penguins.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-10-25, 08:49 AM
I'm in! ow....you already started without me:smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown:
So if I still can join, I'm in!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-25, 09:59 AM
While Artemis is sleeping, I try to steal from her.

Then I try to frame her so it looks like Dr. Bath and Talen did it.

Bobnik
2007-10-25, 09:25 PM
Day 2 Closed.

Right, my modem better work now, or it gets the hose again, yes precious.

@Atreyu: Not sure if you were just role playing or not, but surfboards are stolen at random from the sleepers.

@MrEdwardNigma: This is the prototype run. We'll play as written for now, and I gladly take feedback for the next round.

Slaanesh slept (no entry)
Dr Bath slept (no entry)
Castaras slept
Fleeing Coward slept
Artemis97 slept
Atreyu the Masked LLama stole,
MrEdwardNigma searched, without success
Raiser_B1ade searched, finding 3 surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos searched, without success
Talen slept

A cloud of smoke fills the bedroom as a Ninja Smokebomb goes off, and when the vapours clear, Castaras and Artemis97 have lost a surfboard each!

Slaanesh had 4 votes and Raiser_B1ade 4.

The doomed two stumbled forth into the aurora lit night, a faint smell of mackerel guiding them to their fate. The Penguin beheld each one in turn, and with much obstreperous quacking, made his demands:

From Slaanesh, 2 surfboards

"Consider yourselves lucky that you each had my required tribute! Until next time humans, until next time!

The Wrap Up:

Slaanesh 3 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
Dr Bath 5 Fatigue, 1 Surfboard
Castaras 5 Fatigue, 1 Surfboard
Fleeing Coward 5 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
Artemis97 5 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 7 Fatigue, 8 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 7 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 5 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos 7 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
Talen 5 Fatigue, 2 Surfboards

If anyone spots Slaanesh, pls let him know we are playing. I have already pm'd him.

Housebound Round!

This next round is played in the harshest of blizzards, which will prevent anyone from searching.

Day 3 Open!

Talen
2007-10-26, 07:56 AM
Slaanesh and Atreyu
to face the mighty Quack
whilst I attempt to steal
to get some surfboards back.

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-10-26, 08:12 AM
Yay!!! Blizzard!!!

*goes out and starts making snow sculptures of various group members*

*mumbles* Now where were those...? *looking through the whiteness*

Ah ha!

(The sculptures, however could be dopplegangers of Atreyu the Masked LLama and MrEdwardNigma but they have big metal poles sticking out through their respective chests with, what looks like, red food dye splashed all over them.)

Done! *stands back and drops straight to the ground, falling fast asleep*

Castaras
2007-10-26, 08:15 AM
*mrrh?*

Castaras looks up, before going back to sleep.

She wakes up again, and votes for Bath and Slannesh.

Dr. Bath
2007-10-26, 08:24 AM
Mzzznnh? Ffnghh....... *snore* Dr. Bath goes back to sleep.

....Mmnnhgg...Castaras....zzght.....Llama.....nnng h.....

<Castaras and Llama for the Penguin.>

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-26, 09:54 AM
I wasn't really giving feedback, Bobnik, just proposing a general tactic for the players, really.

Oh, and I'll vote the Llama and Slaanesh to face the penguin.
And I'll steal some surfboards (or is that supposed to be PM?:smallconfused: ).

Raiser Blade
2007-10-26, 10:41 AM
I'll sleep and vote for atreyu and fleeingcoward.

Inhuman Bot
2007-10-26, 05:38 PM
Yeah i got the pm. sorry ill edit it to be correct dialouge. i look for surfboards and vote Talen and castaras

Bobnik
2007-10-27, 06:20 PM
Day 3 Closed.

@Slaanesh: Er, I did say no searching this round. Given your current fatigue and surfboard numbers, I assume you would want to steal. Please PM me if this is a problem. For now, I will write these results according to my assumption

Slaanesh stole,
Dr Bath slept
Castaras slept
Fleeing Coward slept (no entry)
Artemis97 slept (no entry)
Atreyu the Masked LLama slept (no entry)
MrEdwardNigma stole
Raiser_B1ade slept
LadyMirandaKaos slept
Talen attempted to steal without success

As the many sleepers roused at the end of the day, LadyMirandaKaos and Atreyu the Masked LLama discover that their precious reserves of surfboards have been pilfered from!

Slaanesh had 3 votes and Atreyu the Masked LLama 5.

The doomed two stumbled forth into the aurora lit night, a faint smell of mackerel guiding them to their fate. The Penguin beheld each one in turn, and with much obstreperous quacking, made his demands:

From Slaanesh, 2 surfboards
From Atreyu the Masked LLama, 2 surfboards

"Leave now, quadraped. You do not wish to witness what transpires next." As Atreyu gallops away, the Penguin pulls out an old revolver. "Dance!"
Slaanesh begins to dance, as puffs of snow around his feet show where the bullets land. "Your dance was good, but not good enough. For your efforts though, a merciful death is your reward." And with his last bullet, the Peguin shoots him dead.

Through some dark miracle of the silence following the blizzard, the Penguins words, the gunshot, and the sound of the body hitting the ground are all clearly audible to those who wait.

Slaanesh is dead.

The Wrap Up:

Slaanesh Catching waves at the reef break in the sky.
Dr Bath 4 Fatigue, 1 Surfboard
Castaras 4 Fatigue, 1 Surfboard
Fleeing Coward 4 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
Artemis97 4 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 4 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 8 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 4 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos 6 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Talen 6Fatigue, 2 Surfboards

Normal Round!

Day 4 Open!

Talen
2007-10-28, 07:02 AM
I wish I may,
I wish I might,
Search for surfboards,
Throughout the night.
Slanesh is gone,
Shot through the head,
Atrayu and coward,
Next to feel the dread.

Castaras
2007-10-28, 07:06 AM
*runs through the snow, digging for surf boards*

Surf boards! Surf boards! Come here surf boards! Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you! Suuuuuuuuurf booooooooooooards!

*carries on searching through the snow*

Nice surf boards, you want Atreyu and Bath to go to the evil penguinses don't you?

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-10-28, 07:17 AM
Let's play a little mischief my dear penguin guide.
Stealing to make the day go by.
Artemis the missing art,
and fleeing coward foul by heart,
Are to face The Penguin in this fray.
Come little penguin let us play!

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-28, 07:30 AM
The chicken wakes up from it's long nap and decides to start searching for surfboards again after drawing up a plan to send Dr. Bath and Artemis to the penguins.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-28, 07:30 AM
The wizard sleeps.
He dreams of thousands of clocks, ticking away, and he runs through those endless corridors, floors filled with sand spilt. Suddenly a ghastly wind rises, and sand lashes at the wizard with the power of a thousand whips. He hides, deep in his purple cloak, and gazes at his pocket watch. Only so much time left to go. The wizard decides: he jumps up and makes his way to a huge grandfather clock, opens the door and jumps in, dodging the razorsharp pendula.
Inside is nothing, just darkness, but still the ticking can be heard in the distance.
The wizard makes some gestures, and bright white fire appears in his right hand. "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!" the wizard mumbles, checking his pocket watch again by the light of the fire.
The wizard wakens, his dream suddenly put to a halt.
Atreyu and Coward shall face the penguin.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-28, 11:02 AM
Artemis and coward should face da penguin.

I'll search for some boards.

Dr. Bath
2007-10-28, 11:40 AM
"Da dadada daa daa dadadadaaa
Da dadada daa daa dadadadaaa
Da dadada dadadadadada
Everybodies surfin'. Surfin' USA."
Sings Dr. Bath as he searches for surfboards amid the snow and ice.

"Whatya lookin' at Llama? And you Artemis?

Inhuman Bot
2007-10-28, 08:43 PM
ooc: sooo.... I got killed. after my one post, and following death, is there anything i can do?

Bobnik
2007-10-29, 07:36 AM
Day 4 Closed.

@Slaanesh: I apologise for not PMing you sooner when the game started. This is the first game like this that I've ever run online, and there are many things I have learnt already. Unfortunately I am going to have to let this result stand, because in part it comes from the actions of other players. If you want it though, I will ensure a place is held for you if this runs again.

Dr Bath searched, finding 4 surfboards
Fleeing Coward searched without success
MrEdwardNigma slept
Raiser_B1ade searched, finding 1 surfboard
LadyMirandaKaos stole
Talen searched, finding 1 surfboard

Artemis97 has woken with 1 less surfboard than she went to sleep with.

Atreyu the Masked LLama, Artemis and FleeingCoward each had 4 votes.

The three unfortunate souls were met close outside the base by a horde of hatchlings, who herded then unto the presence of their patriarch, their tiny cute eyes alight with the red fires of evil, their tiny beaks slavering for flesh. The Penguin was waiting.

From Artemis97, 2 surfboards
From Atreyu the Masked LLama, 1 surfboard
From FleeingCoward, 3 surfboards

The Wrap Up:

Dr Bath 5 Fatigue, 5 Surfboard
Castaras 5 Fatigue, 1 Surfboard
Fleeing Coward 5 Fatigue, 2 Surfboards
Artemis97 3 Fatigue, 2 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 5 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 7 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 5 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Talen 7 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards

Clean Nose Round!

The bright Aurora Australis prevents all sneaking. No Stealing this round.

Day 5 Open!

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-29, 08:04 AM
The chicken decides to rest while watching the Aurora.
It believes it's time to send Dr. Bath and LadyMirandaKaos to the penguins as they have the most surfboards.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-29, 08:10 AM
(My apologies for my absence. I had house guests.)

*The llama goes searching, digging through the snow since his traumatizing time with the penguin scared him so badly.*

Searching!!

He thinks that Lady Koas and Talen should meet the penguin tonight.

Artemis97
2007-10-29, 01:02 PM
A whoopsie daisy...forgot about this game...

Ahem, Artemis wakes up, is shocked to find herself sinking and starts searching for surfboards. "LadyMirandaKaos! Dr Bath! Why didn't you wake me up!?"

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-29, 01:04 PM
The wizard sleeps.
There's a flash of light, and the dark room is brightened. At the centre of the light stands the purple robed wizard, weaving icy cold fire. And as the fire lights the room, the wizard spots what he is standing in: quicksand. He was sucked in, and swallowed with a plop. Darkness now, as the wizard gets sucked in, deeper and deeper. He can feel the thick sand, slowly filling his longues. Either the quicksand is very deep, or he's falling very slowly, because he has plenty of time as he goes down to look about him and to wonder what's going to happen next. He tries to look down and make out what he's coming to, but it's too dark to see anything. Suddenly he feels the walls of the pit pressing against him from all sides at once, as if he's going trough a bottle neck or something. No...air...Ribs...being crushed...
The wizard wakes up with a start. "This place is too cold to get a good night's sleep" he grumbles.
LadyMirandaKaos and Dr. Bath should face the Penguin.

Talen
2007-10-29, 05:14 PM
Dr Bath to bathe in blood,
Castaras ride crimson flood,
Talen to sleep and dream,
In the Aurora Australis' eerie gleam.

Inhuman Bot
2007-10-29, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=Bobnik;3429446]Day 4 Closed.

@Slaanesh: I apologise for not PMing you sooner when the game started. This is the first game like this that I've ever run online, and there are many things I have learnt already. Unfortunately I am going to have to let this result stand, because in part it comes from the actions of other players. If you want it though, I will ensure a place is held for you if this runs again.

ah. sorry to interupt but yeah if you do it again, i would like to know about it.

Slaanash's corpse floats away its surfboards drfiting to dr.bath, if possible

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-10-30, 12:48 AM
Lady Kaos gazes at her adoring penguin guide

*looks up to the aurora*
I must be going to the penguin tonight, for what other purpose would a sign such as that appear for?

*she shivers*

Dr. Bath and Castaras should be invited to the festivities as well.

*looks back to her penguin*
Yes little one, i will sleep for there is much to be done tonight and one should be rested for such an occasion.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-30, 01:21 AM
Lady Mirandakaos and Bath

Sleep

Bobnik
2007-10-30, 06:10 AM
Day 5 Closed.

Dr Bath slept (no entry)
Castaras slept (no entry)
Fleeing Coward slept
Artemis97 finding 1 surfboard
Atreyu the Masked LLama finding 4 surfboards
MrEdwardNigma slept
Raiser_B1ade searched, slept
LadyMirandaKaos slept
Talen slept

Dr. Bath had 6 votes, LadyMirandaKaos had 5 votes.

The pair of unfortunate souls walked forth in the glare of the full moon, which had banished the aurora. As they trudged on, the moon began to glow a hideous carmine. Their path was lined by hooded penguin acolytes chanting verses from the Necronomicon, and the white land reflected the moon and became as blood. Finally, they stood before an altar holding the freshly gutted corpses of millions of krill. The Penguin lays down his sacrificial knife and squints at the humans. "What? You try gutting a million tiny shrimp during a single lunar eclipse. See how far you get."

The Penguin Demands

From Dr Bath, 2 surfboards
From LadyMirandaKaos, 1 surfboard

The Wrap Up:

Dr Bath 4 Fatigue, 3 Surfboard
Castaras 4 Fatigue, 1 Surfboard
Fleeing Coward 4 Fatigue, 2 Surfboards
Artemis97 4 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 6 Fatigue, 8 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 6 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 5 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos 6 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Talen 6 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards

Normal Round!

Day 6 Open!

Dr. Bath
2007-10-30, 04:12 PM
*sniff* why the hate people? Why the hate?

It's that Llama we should look out for and I've never trusted running yeller-bellies.

*Dr Bath wanders off to find surfboards, muttering loudly*

Buggrit! Millenium hand and shrimp. I told 'em. I told 'em. Landfish all over. Buggrit.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-30, 05:20 PM
The wizard sleeps.
In his feverish dream the wizard is still stuck in the bottle-neck, at the bottom of the quicksand. But suddenly two icy-cold flippers grab a hold of his feet, and pull him through. He falls, in a never-ending waterfall of sand. Around him, he can see glass walls, a dome, and he's falling toward the bottom of it. He folds up his cape and parachutes into the pile of sand at the bottom. Sand still raining down on him from above, the wizard makes his way for the walls of the dome...
The wizard wakes.
Atreyu and Castaras should face the Penguin.

Castaras
2007-10-30, 05:22 PM
Atreyu and MrEdwardNigma

Stealing surf boards.

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-10-31, 05:53 AM
Castaras and Mr EdwardNigma

sleep

Talen
2007-10-31, 05:54 AM
Sleeping while castaras and atreyu face the quack

Alarra
2007-10-31, 06:12 AM
(for future reference, should you like a game moved, the best course of action is to pm a mod, rather than assuming that we look at every thread. Thanks.)

Bobnik
2007-10-31, 06:14 AM
Day 6 Closed.

Dr Bath searched, finding 3 surfboards
Castaras stole
MrEdwardNigma slept
Raiser_B1ade slept (no entry)
LadyMirandaKaos slept
Talen slept

Pilfering little hands have taken a surfboard from Fleeing Coward while he slumbered.

Atreyu the Masked Llama had 4 votes, Castaros had 3 votes.

The two made their way forth along the now-beaten path to the nesting place of the Penguin. Once there, they acceded to his demands and handed over their precious surfboards. The Penguin looked gloatingly at his new acquisitions, then rage filled his beady eyes. "Atreyu the Masked Llama! What mockery is this? You try to slip a Dodgy Surfboard past my keen avian senses? Replace this surfboard with another at once or I will shred you where you stand!

The Penguin Demands

From Castaras, 2 surfboards
From Atreyu the Masked Llama, 2 3 surfboards

The Wrap Up:

Dr Bath 5 Fatigue, 6 Surfboard
Castaras 5 Fatigue, 0 Surfboard
Fleeing Coward 3 Fatigue, 1 Surfboards
Artemis97 3 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 5 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 5 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 3 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos 5 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Talen 5 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards

Normal Round!

Day 7 Open!

Castaras
2007-10-31, 11:00 AM
Tiptoe, through the sleepers, searching for a surf board or two.

And while I'm at it, Atreyu and MrEdwardNigma should go see the penguin dude.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-31, 12:07 PM
*the llama goes to search for surfboards* Why? Why do people keep wanting me to go face the penguin. I'd share if people would be nicer. I just wanted to hold an ice surfing contest.

Castaras is a big meanie for stealing ,but she's faced that penguin already. Its time for Mr Edward Nigma to go visit the mad emperor and Talen, too.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-31, 01:58 PM
The wizard sleeps.
Behind him the mountain of sand is rising, but MrEdwardNigma pays no attention to it and continues to make his way for the glass walls of the dome. He reaches the wall. In it: a single door, a metal hatch reading "The End of Time". The wizard pulls at the handle and wrestles open the door, which creaks loudly as it opens. The wizard leaves the dome and enters a completely empty, white and endless room. The door swings shut behind him, and then it too dissapears. The wizard looks around at the emptiness, rather astonished, and then checks his pocket watch once more. It has stopped moving. "You're late" a voice spoke. MrEdwardNigma looked up. A figure was standing before him, cloaked in shadow. It was being kept in darkness by means of a huge umbrella. Edward looked at him in surprise. "Under my umbrella..." the figure sang, and the wizard imagined he could see him grin.Plop!The umbrella closed, revealing the figure. It was a penguin.
The wizard wakes. "Damn these dreams!" he curses.

Atreyu and Castaras should go and face the penguin, for voting for me, you meanies! You do have a point though, Atreyu, I'll vote for someone else in the future, until now I've pretty much just been going along with everyone else and nominating you, sorry about that.

Dr. Bath
2007-10-31, 02:09 PM
I vote ofr Mnr negward igma un Amtlyu teh llalma, I''m schlleepry.

*Collapses in the snow*

*snore*

(Mr Edward Nigma and the Llama)

Fleeing Coward
2007-10-31, 04:47 PM
The chicken wake up wondering where one of his surfboard went. Deciding it doesn't matter much, he goes out to search for some more.

The llama and Mr. Edward Nigma shall face the penguins this night.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-31, 08:07 PM
Mr. Edward Nigma
Me

Search

Bobnik
2007-11-01, 06:05 AM
Day 7 Closed.

Dr Bath slept
Atreyu the Masked LLama searched, finding 3 surfboards
MrEdwardNigma slept
Raiser_B1ade searched, finding 4 surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos slept (no entry)
Talen slept (no entry)

Atreyu the Masked Llama had 4 votes, MrEdwardNigma had 5 votes.

The two made their way forth along the now-beaten path to the nesting place of the Penguin. Just as they came within his sight, MrEdwardNigma pulled a Scroll of Sneaky Substitution from his pocket, cracked the seal, and intoned the arcane words within. Substitutiary teleportation took hold and replaced the enigmatic one with (rolls dice) Raiser_B1ade!

Raiser_B1ade faces the Penguin instead of MrEdwardNigma

The Penguin Demands

From Raiser_B1ade, 2 surfboards
From Atreyu the Masked Llama, 3 surfboards

The Wrap Up:

Dr Bath 4 Fatigue, 6 Surfboard
Castaras 6 Fatigue, 0 Surfboard
Fleeing Coward 4 Fatigue, 1 Surfboards
Artemis97 2 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 6 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 4 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 4 Fatigue, 6 Surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos 4 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Talen 4 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards

@V BURNhollywoodBURN: Slaanesh didn't have any surfboards when he died. The Penguin takes what you have if you can't meet his demands, even if you do dance successfully.

Normal Round!

Day 8 Open!

BURNhollywoodBURN
2007-11-01, 05:34 PM
This thread is awesome, I'm going to be in it next round. I've been following it for a while.

@Bobnik: Didn't Slaanesh's surfboards go to Dr. Bath?
Ah OK.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-01, 11:57 PM
The llama goes to search again
this time he votes for Talen and Fleeing Coward since its been awhile since either of them faced the penguin.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-02, 12:01 AM
Sigh I'm going to steal. I picked up this crappy item which mean my steal auto -fails so don't worry anyone.

Also Mr. Edward Nigma and Fleeing Coward

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-02, 12:33 AM
I visited the penguins a few nights ago. It's Raiser Blade and Dr. Bath that has all the surfboards.

I go search for more surfboards.

Talen
2007-11-02, 05:33 AM
Castaras and fleeing coward and search for the boards.

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-11-02, 05:45 AM
What? Mr. Nigma teleported? Grr!!!

*swipes penguin guide into a head-lock and shakes viciously*

Why didn't you warn me?!

*flings the guide away from her sight*

Ugh! We must sacrifice this... Mr. E. Nigma and the foul Fleeing Coward. They MUST not get away this time!

*Starts bashing and punching the nearest snow bank trying to find more surfboards to appease The Penguin*

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-02, 01:42 PM
"Calm down, Lady, I'm a wizard, what did you expect?"
The wizard shrugs and goes off to find some surfboards.

Raiser_B1ade and Fleeing Coward should probably face the penguin.

Bobnik
2007-11-03, 03:31 AM
Day 8 Closed.

Dr Bath slept (no entry)
Atreyu the Masked LLama searched without success
MrEdwardNigma searched, finding 4 surfboards
Raiser_B1ade attempted to steal
LadyMirandaKaos searched, finding 1 surfboard
Talen searched, finding 1 surfboard

Indeed, Raiser_B1ade's attempt to steal was greatly hampered by the luminescent paint splashed all over him.

FleeingCoward had 5 votes, MrEdwardNigma had 2 votes, and Raiser_B1ade had two votes.

The trio made their way forth along the now-beaten path to the nesting place of the Penguin. They found him laboring over a large cauldron of black liquid that exuded foul but mind clearing fumes. "You guys are in for a surprise," chuckled the Penguin, "but for now let's sort you three out."

The Penguin Demands

From MrEdwardNigma, 3 surfboards
From FleeingCoward, 1 surfboard

Some of you found Magic Items! Please check your PMs

The Wrap Up:

Dr Bath 3 Fatigue, 6 Surfboard
Castaras 5 Fatigue, 0 Surfboard
Fleeing Coward 5 Fatigue, 1 Surfboards
Artemis97 1 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 7 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 5 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 5 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos 5 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
Talen 5 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards

Wide-Awake Round!

The fumes from the Penguin's cauldron of krill-coffe are preventing anyone from sleeping. Non-voters will not sleep, but stay as they are.

Day 9 Open!

Talen
2007-11-03, 05:35 AM
Boards abound,
Searching away,
Castaras and coward,
Into the fray.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-03, 06:05 AM
I just went to the penguins, it's time for someone new to go there, someone who hasn't been there for a couple of nights.
Someone like Talen and Dr Bath

The chicken tries to search for the surfboards again.

Dr. Bath
2007-11-03, 07:07 AM
Searchin' for Surfboards, me hearties!

Yarr! Tha scurvy dog Mr Edward Nigma and tha bilge rate Talen should face tha Penguin!

Yarr!

*Dr. Bath stumbles about drunkenly, clearly out of mind*

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-03, 07:21 AM
I agree, Coward. Dr. Bath and Talen should face the Penguin!

The wizard searches for surfboards.

Castaras
2007-11-03, 07:22 AM
Searching, and saying that MrEdwardNigma and Talen should face da penguin.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-03, 02:19 PM
Surch! (I wanna nap) and Mr. Edward Nigma and talen should face da penguin.

Also wtf I think I have been sent to face the penguin more than anyone else give me a break sheesh!

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-11-04, 02:48 AM
The Doctor of cleanliness liquid
And Artemis the mystic and languid,
Shall have the privilege and pleasure
To enjoy The Penguin's hospitality at leisure.
Thus we keep on searching and scrying
To find surfboards, to keep from expiring.

BURNhollywoodBURN
2007-11-04, 11:21 AM
Sleep and Mr. Edward Nigma and talen should face da penguin.

Also wtf I think I have been sent to face the penguin more than anyone else give me a break sheesh!

Pssssst... Raiser_B1ade! No sleeping!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-04, 05:22 PM
*The llama decides to try his rogue levels and steal some.*

I think we need to finish off Castaras and Fleeing Coward. Its a horrible thing to say, but I'm feeling evil today.

Bobnik
2007-11-05, 06:01 AM
Day 9 Closed.

Dr Bath searched, finding 3 surfboards
Castaras searched, finding 2 surfboards
Fleeing Coward searched, finding 2 surfboards
Artemis97 did nothing (no entry)
Atreyu the Masked LLama attempted to steal
MrEdwardNigma searched, finding 1 surfboard
Raiser_B1ade searched without success
LadyMirandaKaos searched, finding 2 surfboards
Talen searched without success

Talen had 5 votes, MrEdwardNigma had 3 votes, and Dr.Bath had 3 votes.

A deep and endless fog wafted across the path, yet somehow each of the doomed could still see each other. As they neared the nest, MrEdwardNigma's eyes popped open in surprise as he watched Talen pull forth the same kind of scroll that the wizard had used a few days earlier. With a puff of smoke, Talen disappeared, leaving a somewhat disoriented Castaras in his wake.

Castaras faces the Penguin instead of Talen.

The Penguin Demands

From Castaras, 2 surfboards
From MrEdwardNigma, 2 surfboards
From Dr.Bath, 3 surfboard

Some of you found Magic Items! Please check your PMs

The Wrap Up:

Dr Bath 4 Fatigue, 6 Surfboard
Castaras 6 Fatigue, 0 Surfboard
Fleeing Coward 6 Fatigue, 2 Surfboards
Artemis97 1 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 8 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 6 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 6 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos 6 Fatigue, 7 Surfboards
Talen 6 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards

Normal Round!

Day 10 Open!

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-11-05, 07:30 AM
The Lady of Kaos has decided, with the aid of her penguin confidante, to offer surfboards as a bribe... *ahem* ...incentive to ensure her safety from The Penguin.

There is a maximum of four surfboards on offer.

Depending on strategic barganing and the number/quality of offers given; a recipient of her Lady's Favour may recieve all four boards.

"Haggling" may either be public or private according to the interest of the party/s involved.

Group offers are accepted... at the right price ...and those involved are to sort out between themselves whom gets what.

Castaras
2007-11-05, 11:19 AM
Searching for Surf boards, MrEdwardNigma and Atreyu.

The one time I find surf boards, and I have to face the penguin. *sigh*

Raiser Blade
2007-11-05, 01:06 PM
Sleep
Artemis and Dr. Bath

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-05, 01:49 PM
*the llama knows a good alliance when he sees one and offers to let the Lady Miranda Kaos to pick who he votes for if she gives him a surfboard. *

While she thinks it over, he curls up for a nap.

Bobnik
2007-11-06, 02:26 AM
Edit: See my next post!!

To LadyMirandaKaos, and everyone else,

While I highly endorse such Machiavellian shenannigans, I must remind everyone to have your actions finalised by 9:30pm AEDT (GMT+11) tonight. (that's three hours from now.) Payments between players must be confirmed to me by the payer via PM.

This has been a penguin service announcement by your benevolent-ish overlord game master.

Edit: See my next post!!

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-11-06, 05:11 AM
I accept both Atreyu's and Raiser B1ade's offers.

@ the llama please vote for Artemis and Dr. Bath

The Lady herself will also vote for Artemis and Dr. Bath whilst searching for more bribes...*cough*...Surfboards.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-06, 07:00 AM
Votes for atreyu and Mr E. Nigma
Sleeps

Bobnik
2007-11-06, 07:09 AM
After careful consideration, I have decided to change the rules. This is the first time I have run such a game, and the first time I have run a PbP game to boot, so I have not had much to guide me. I hope I do not offend with this, but I feel it needs to be done.

1st change: Each game round will now have a 48hr time limit.
Reason:
As far as I can tell I have posters from radically different time zones. I would honestly like to encourage deals and bribes, and 24hrs is too short when people are at opposite ends of the earth, even with the miracle of teh internets.

2nd change: Until a player has posted an action and two definite votes, their entry that turn is not valid.
Reason:
This is to clarify what happens with offers and if/then stuations. Until you've posted an action and two people's names you haven't formally entered that turn.

3rd change: The latest post and/or edit will be used.
Reason:
This allows for deals and bribes. It isn't so much a new rule as a clarification.

As per this change, Round 10 will finish in approx 24hrs

If any one has any comments or suggestions or criticism or outright flamage I will listen attentively. I apologise again for any inconvenience, and thanks for putting up with my inexperience.

Dr. Bath
2007-11-06, 02:39 PM
*sniff*

Mi'lady, thou art verrily the harshest mistress. What have I done to induce your wrath? Hast my visage displeased you? Is my manner ill fitting? Tell me so I can remedy my foul malady!

Search for surfboards

Mr E.Nigma and Atreyu. I'm just trying to save myself from that dastardly penguin!

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-06, 03:03 PM
The wizard searches for surfboards (since people keep sending him to the damn penguin!)
Also, ladyMirandaKaos, I wish not to accept any of your bribes, leaving you more surfboards to hand out to others. In return, I would like you not to send me to the penguin for a while. As you see, I will not be voting for you, in fact, I'll be going along with your suggested vote:
Dr. Bath and Artemis should face the penguin (Sorry bath, but you voted for me, and I'll change my vote to somebody else if you don't vote for me, Artemis)

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-11-06, 11:14 PM
Dear Dr. Bath it is not your visage nor your manner, it is merely for the sake of politics. It is that only you can rival me at the moment in surfboards and fatigue. I would have been the most likely target of voters and I wished to turn this around to my advantage.
With my sincere apologies,
Lady Miranda Kaos.

Bobnik
2007-11-07, 06:16 AM
Day 10 Closed.

Sorry for the delay all. I have been ill, and so has my chair. Now I am well, and the chair has been unmercifully terminated and replaced. I did of course wait until the new chair was present before destroying the old one, as an object lesson. Furniture does not rule me.

Let's collate these results.

MrEdwardNigma searched without success
Raiser_B1ade slept
LadyMirandaKaos searched, finding 1 surfboard
Talen slept (no entry)

LadyMirandaKaos has begun a campaign of bribery and manipulation, giving 2 surfboards to Atreyu The Masked Llama and 1 to Raiser_B1ade.

Dr Bath, Artemis97, Atreyu and MrEdwardNigma each had three votes.

Four lost souls marched forth to find their fate. The Penguin beheld them with one raised eybrow. "Wow, it is getting nasty in there. Let's warm it up, shall we? And remember, in the Antarctic warmth means the ice is about to melt from under your feet..."

The Penguin Demands

From Atreyu, 2 surfboards
From MrEdwardNigma, 1 surfboard
From Dr.Bath, 2 surfboards
From Artemis, 2 surfboards

The Wrap Up:

Dr Bath 5 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards
Castaras 7 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
Fleeing Coward 5 Fatigue, 2 Surfboards
Artemis97 0 Fatigue, 1 Surfboard
Atreyu the Masked LLama 1 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 7 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 5 Fatigue, 6 Surfboards
Talen 5 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards

Double-Up Round!

The Penguin has caused an unseasonable warm change in the weather, resulting in life picking up the pace. The following effects will apply this round:

1. No activities (except dancing) will result in fatigue increase.
2. Sleep will remove 2 fatigue.
3. All surfboard results will be doubled. Found, stolen, and demanded by the Penguin.
4. Votes are doubled. 4 votes each and 4 players minimum will face the Penguin.

Remember the new rules:

After careful consideration, I have decided to change the rules. This is the first time I have run such a game, and the first time I have run a PbP game to boot, so I have not had much to guide me. I hope I do not offend with this, but I feel it needs to be done.

1st change: Each game round will now have a 48hr time limit.
Reason:
As far as I can tell I have posters from radically different time zones. I would honestly like to encourage deals and bribes, and 24hrs is too short when people are at opposite ends of the earth, even with the miracle of teh internets.

2nd change: Until a player has posted an action and two definite votes, their entry that turn is not valid.
Reason:
This is to clarify what happens with offers and if/then stuations. Until you've posted an action and two people's names you haven't formally entered that turn.

3rd change: The latest post and/or edit will be used.
Reason:
This allows for deals and bribes. It isn't so much a new rule as a clarification.

As per this change, Round 10 will finish in approx 24hrs

If any one has any comments or suggestions or criticism or outright flamage I will listen attentively. I apologise again for any inconvenience, and thanks for putting up with my inexperience.

Day 11 Open!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-11, 04:56 PM
oh hey! the narrator is back!!

The llama goes back to search for surfboards and until Lady Kaos tells him otherwise, he will send Talen, Dr. Bath, Raiser Blade, and Lady Kaos to the penguin.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-11, 07:16 PM
No time so I shall follow the llama and do everything he does

Raiser Blade
2007-11-11, 07:46 PM
I search and send artemis, Dr. Bath ,Castaras, and Mr. Edward (unless she doesnt vote for me and tells others not too as well)

LadyMirandaKaos
2007-11-12, 07:26 AM
Artemis, E. Nigma, Castaras and Dr. Bath are on my list tonight.

Atreyu, Raiser B1ade and Fleeing Coward heed my words if you will and vote for these rapscallions instead.

As for the Penguin's wrath against me I shall search for more surfboards

Talen
2007-11-12, 07:27 AM
I shall bow to the infinite violence of the Lady of Kaos and vote the same. Searching sounds good 2.

Bobnik
2007-11-12, 07:40 AM
Day 11 Closed

Dr Bath slept (no entry)
Fleeing Coward searched, finding 6 surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama searched without success
MrEdwardNigma slept (no entry)
LadyMirandaKaos searched without success
Talen searched, finding 4 surfboards

Dr Bath had 4 votes. LadyMirandaKaos, Talen and Atreyu each had three votes.

The quartet of the damned walked across black rock striped with white ice, like some demented Beatles cover. The Awful Amphibious Avian awaited them, flippers spread wide. "Welcome, my little snack-bites. Let's get this party started."

The Penguin Demands

From Atreyu, 6 surfboards
From LadyMirandaKaos, 6 surfboards
From Dr.Bath, 4 surfboards
From Talen, 6 surfboards

"Mwahaha! LadyMirandaKaos and AtreyuTheMaskedLlama must face my latest invention!" The Penguin leads the doomed duo to what looks like a cross between a DanceDanceRevolution machine and a Blendtec blender. "Put one foot wrong and we'll see if that clown on YouTube knew what he was talking about."

The Llama, in a brilliant display of quadrepedal choreography, dances his way to life and extreme exhaustion.

LadyMirandaKaos is not so lucky.

"Well whaddya know," murmured the Penguin, "she does blend!"

The Wrap Up:

Dr Bath 3 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
Castaras 5 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
Fleeing Coward 5 Fatigue, 8 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 10 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 5 Fatigue, 3 Surfboards
LadyMirandaKaos Executing a hostile takeover of the Afterlife

Normal Round!

Day 12 Open!

Talen
2007-11-13, 09:14 AM
Unless My maths is awry the mighty penguin has got it wrong.

Raiser B1ade stated "and Lady kaos (unless she doesnt vote for me and tells others not too as well)"

LadyK said "Artemis, E. Nigma, Castaras and Dr. Bath are on my list tonight.

Atreyu, Raiser B1ade and Fleeing Coward heed my words if you will and vote for these rapscallions instead."

Thus not voting for Raiser and advising others not to.

My count says

Dr Bath 4
Talen 3
LadyMirandaKaos 2
Castaras 2
Artemis 2
E.Nigma 2
Raiser 2

So the penguin should have many players for his blending game.

Hate to say it English is still English no matter how you quack it!!!

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-13, 01:38 PM
On a different note, it seemed last round was rather short, because I don't think I actually had the chance of posting in it, which was a pity because it was an extra dangerous round. No matter, this turn, MrEdwardNigma will search for surfboards.
According to the current wrap-up, Dr. Bath and Raiser_B1ade should face the penguin, but I might change opinions on that given bribing and reasoning.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-13, 02:06 PM
Mr. Edward Nigma and the Llama should face the penguin.

I'll search please.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-13, 02:07 PM
Unless My maths is awry the mighty penguin has got it wrong.

Raiser B1ade stated "and Lady kaos (unless she doesnt vote for me and tells others not too as well)"

LadyK said "Artemis, E. Nigma, Castaras and Dr. Bath are on my list tonight.

Atreyu, Raiser B1ade and Fleeing Coward heed my words if you will and vote for these rapscallions instead."

Thus not voting for Raiser and advising others not to.

My count says

Dr Bath 4
Talen 3
LadyMirandaKaos 2
Castaras 2
Artemis 2
E.Nigma 2
Raiser 2

So the penguin should have many players for his blending game.

Hate to say it English is still English no matter how you quack it!!!

I changed my vote too late so it didn't count. Bobnik has it right.

Dr. Bath
2007-11-13, 02:15 PM
HaHaHa! No one messes with the majesty of Dr. Bath *flexes muscles in a major Armstrong-esque way* and lives to see it through *flexes muscles again*

I go forth in order to find more surfboards and continue my quest to grow......

The Greatest Moustache in all of Existance!!!1!!

I also point at Fleeing Coward and Raiser B1ade, as they have the most surfboards.

Pointing at Llama and Mr. Edward Nigma, because Raiser B1ade payed me a 'surfingboard'.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-13, 05:36 PM
The chicken joins on et another bandwagon not containing itself and pecks Mr. Edward Nigma and the Llama.
It then decides to get some sleep.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-13, 05:48 PM
The llama steals because if he's going down, he wants to inconvience someone else. He's kinda evil like that.

He also votes for Raiser and Dr. Bath because they started the bandwagon against him. He's also spiteful like that.

(I'm thinking Edward changed his vote, but still since he's not voting for me, I'll return the favor.)

Talen
2007-11-13, 06:03 PM
Castaras, Bath to face the wrath Search

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-13, 06:56 PM
The llama steals because if he's going down, he wants to inconvience someone else. He's kinda evil like that.

He also votes for Raiser and Mr Edward Nigma because they started the bandwagon against him. He's also spiteful like that.

You're on 10 fatigue, you have to sleep.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-14, 02:33 PM

He also votes for Raiser and Mr Edward Nigma because they started the bandwagon against him. He's also spiteful like that.
Errr, I didn't even vote for you, how could I have started the bandwagon???

Bobnik
2007-11-15, 08:56 AM
Day 12 Closed

Bobnik
2007-11-18, 06:51 AM
@ MrEdwardNigma: Rd 11 opened 10th Nov 6:49 pm AEDT, closed 12th Nov 11:40pm AEDT. Just under 53 hrs.

@Atreyu: Fleeing Coward is correct. You just can't keep those long eyelashes up...

Fleeing Coward slept
Atreyu the Masked LLama slept
Talen searched, finding 3 surfboards

Raiser_B1ade sent a bribe of 1 surfboard to Dr Bath.

Dr Bath, Atreyu and MrEdwarNigma each had 3 votes.

The siren call of the Penguin led the doomed further astray this night, along an unfamiliar path to a bottomless crevasse. There they met the avatar of Aptenodytes forsteri. "Greetings, warm bloods! Oh how I hope some of you can't meet my price; I have a new game tonight."

The Penguin Demands

From Atreyu, 3 surfboards
From MrEdwardNigma, 3 surfboards
From Dr.Bath, 3 surfboards

"Oh good, good!" shrieks the Penguin, clapping his almighty flippers. "I hoped I'd get to try this soon! Dr Bath, Atreyu, step forward! An invisible path of solidity extends across this chasm. It has holes and gaps that constantly and quickly shift about. If you can dance your way across, you live. If not, well, no prizes for guessingwhat happens!"

DrBath was the first to try... and about halfway across, the first to fall.

Atreyu in a wholly remarkable display set not cloven hoof wrong, snoring all the while.

"I'm watching you, llama boy." said the Penguin. "You better not be taking llama-enhancing drugs."

The Wrap Up:

Dr Bath At one with the cosmos
Castaras 4 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
Fleeing Coward 4 Fatigue, 8 Surfboards
Atreyu the Masked LLama 10 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 6 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 6 Fatigue, 6 Surfboards
Talen 6 Fatigue, 5 Surfboards

Normal Round!

Day 13 Open!

Talen
2007-11-18, 09:23 AM
Atreyu how long can your luck hold out, Castaras time to in pain shout, And for me it's time for lights out sleeping all the way

Dr. Bath
2007-11-18, 10:34 AM
Arrhhgggleblarghhgleflarghhlteey!!

*is dead*

Curse you Llama! I never liked the cosmos.

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-18, 04:44 PM
The chicken sleeps and votes Artemis97 (She's forgotten about this game anyways) and Talen (Give the llama a break)

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-18, 05:03 PM

He also votes for Raiser and Dr. Bath because they started the bandwagon against him. He's also spiteful like that.

(I'm thinking Edward changed his vote, but still since he's not voting for me, I'll return the favor.)
Nah, just check the edit time, you'll see I posted that before you did.
Hmmm, the wizard is going to search, and he'll vote for Talen and Castaras, unless anyone has a proper reason he shouldn't.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-18, 05:11 PM
*The llama sleeps heavily*

I vote for Castaras and Artemis, neither of them posted yesterday. Let this be their punishment.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-19, 03:23 AM
Sleep and vote for talen and artemis

Bobnik
2007-11-21, 06:37 AM
Day 13 Closed!

Fleeing Coward slept
Atreyu the Masked LLama slept
Raiser_B1ade slept
Talen slept

Artemis, Talen and Castaras each had 3 votes.

Tonight, the Penguin met the doomed trio out on the icy plain. "Hello, campers! Please don't turn around, the presence you feel behind you is your dance partner."

The Penguin Demands

From Talen, 3 surfboards
From Artemis, 1 surfboard
From Castaras, 2 surfboards (did it really matter?)

The Penguin smiles. And, like unto the smile of a GM, you know it's already too late...
"Castaras, please turn around and meet your dance partner. It's on loan from Dan Simmons." Behind Castaras stands a three-metre high monstrosity made from chrome, festooned with spikes and razorwire. "Shrike, Castaras. Castaras, Shrike. You shall dance the Tango! Castaras, be sure to follow the lead of your partner exactly, or bad things will follow.

As the Latin music boomed forth, Castaras stretched her natural drow grace to it's uttermost limit and performed a perfect tango. As the song finished and the Shrike released her, it vanished, returning to the future whence it came.

The Wrap Up:

Castaras 10 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
Fleeing Coward 3 Fatigue, 8 Surfboards
Artemis97 0 Fatigue, 0 Surfboard
Atreyu the Masked LLama 9 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
MrEdwardNigma 7 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards

Normal Round!

Day 14 Open!

Raiser Blade
2007-11-21, 04:10 PM
I search and I vote for castaras and atreyu.

Castaras
2007-11-21, 04:42 PM
meep. Forgot I was playing this. :smalleek:

*votes Castaras and Atreyu*

*sleeps*

Talen
2007-11-23, 12:57 AM
castaras and atreyu to the penguin

search for the boards

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-23, 05:33 AM
MrEdwardNigma sleeps. And yet again, he returns to that strange dream world of his...
"The penguin... I should have known" spoke the wizard. The penguin grinned, even though he had no teeth to do so.
"You know why you're here, Nigma. I want revenge, and I want it now!"
The Penguin pointed his umbrella at the wizard, and as it popped open it unleashed a rain of bullets. The wizard raised his purple cloak, deflecting most of the bullets, but still got his by one in the leg.
"You've made me angry now, Penguin...You won't like me when I'm angry!" yelled the wizard, as his clothes started to bulge in strange places, and the purple cloth started tearing apart. Huge, green, slimy tentacles sprouted from beneath the robes and wrapped themselves around the penguin. He was raised to meet the eyes of the creature that used to be MrEdwardNigma. They were foul eyes, in a dark shade of red, and they peered straight into the flightless bird's soul. The Penguin squeaked. And then...nothing. It was just the wizard and the endless white now...
I guess I'll jump the bandwagon and nominate Castaras (especially since she's doing it herself) and Atreyu.

Bobnik
2007-11-27, 05:34 AM
Day 14 Closed!

Uh-oh. Looks like I should have the alarm clock checked. Seriously folks, much apologies. Occasionally I get caught up in navel-gazing.

Castaras slept
MrEdwardNigma slept
Talen searched, finding 2 surfboards

Atreyu and Castaras each had 4 votes. Neither has any surfboards.

The Penguin met our doomed duo at the very Pole itself, which was rather tastelessly done up in a white and red spiral. "Many forces come together here. Magnetic, rotational, historical, geomantic, even the hopes and dreams and fantasies of many people. On nights like this, these forces weave a deadly minefield. Can you match and mirror the dance of the world itself, and so pass safely through?"

Atreyu began the dance. He did well up until an outstretched hoof clipped a gravity vortex and crushed him into a sigularity. Castaras was caught by a twist of rogue feng shui, and her soul ended up imbedded in some tacky lion statue on a hippy's doorstep.

The Wrap Up:

Castaras Meddling with causality from the outside.
Fleeing Coward 2 Fatigue, 8 Surfboards
Artemis97 0 Fatigue, 0 Surfboard
Atreyu the Masked LLama Hunting ducks in the Great Sky River
MrEdwardNigma 6 Fatigue, 0 Surfboards
Raiser_B1ade 6 Fatigue, 6 Surfboards
Talen 6 Fatigue, 4 Surfboards

Normal Round!

Day 15 Open!

Fleeing Coward
2007-11-27, 05:50 AM
I say we should continue eliminating those that have no surfboards so I vote for MrEdwardNigma and Artemis97.
The chicken continues to sleep.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-27, 01:36 PM
You're only saying that because you happen to have most surfboards, Fleeing Coward!

If you let him get away with it now, he'll invariably win this game, so I say Fleeing Coward and Talen should face the Penguin.

Furthermore, the wizard searches.

Talen
2007-12-02, 06:23 AM
MrNigma and Coward While I sleep
Shall face the penguin and die in a heap

Duwen
2013-02-28, 06:42 AM
Hey friends, heard you got this awesome game Vengence of The Penguin ? well i see that it holds awesome and quiet a variety. I am looking forward to play this game but can u suggest me a game for surfboards, and a video one... ?

Castaras
2013-02-28, 07:54 AM
Holy nostalgia batman!

I hardly remember this game, good gods that was years ago. :smalleek: