PDA

View Full Version : I just got the OOTS boardgame.

elliott20
2007-10-18, 09:14 AM
And it is awesome. That is all.

Greebo
2007-10-18, 09:31 AM
Boardgame?

Is this different than the card game?

Chrismith
2007-10-18, 09:34 AM
If you're going to argue semantics, it's technically an "adventure game". :smalltongue:

But yes, it is awesome.

Greebo
2007-10-18, 09:36 AM
I was not arguing, I was asking, because I have the "adventure game" but if there were another game as well, I would have more money to spend.

Thanks. :)

elliott20
2007-10-18, 10:00 AM
err... yes, adventure game. That's what I meant.

But yeah, just got it yesterday, last copy in the store. Took it home, looked through it, man I can't wait to have friends so I can bug them to play this game!! *cries inside*

warmachine
2007-10-18, 10:00 AM
As found near the top of the page.

The Order of the Stick A forum for discussion of Rich Burlew's stick figure fantasy webcomic.
The boardgame has its own forum. Thus, this thread is in the wrong forum. The moderators seem to prefer topic relevence. Just saying.

elliott20
2007-10-18, 10:01 AM

The boardgame has its own forum. Thus, this thread is in the wrong forum. The moderators seem to prefer topic relevence. Just saying.

umm.. my bad. will go voice my joys in the other board instead.

Greebo
2007-10-18, 10:08 AM

Vigilante!

Daimbert
2007-10-18, 11:50 AM
err... yes, adventure game. That's what I meant.

But yeah, just got it yesterday, last copy in the store. Took it home, looked through it, man I can't wait to have friends so I can bug them to play this game!! *cries inside*

This may make me sound like an anti-social loser (not like that isn't already known to people who've been following my posts on the boards [grin]) but the game is actually fairly playable solo if you really want to give it a try and start seeing all the interesting situations you can get into. Usually I take all members of the OotS out and play the game. I tend to ask at any turn "What would Roy/Haley/Elan/Durkon/V/Belkar do?" Or I play strategically based on their abilities. Either way, it's actually moderately entertaining, especially the first couple of games when you can still be surprised by the cards you get [grin].

elliott20
2007-10-18, 03:37 PM
well, my girlfriend and a couple her friends have expressed interest in it. So maybe we'll eventually all get together and have ourselves a boardgame night

*is excited*

Crispy Dave
2007-11-09, 01:04 PM
you could always put up an ad at the local game store looking for a group of people to play games with

Mithos80
2007-11-10, 12:34 PM
So, does anyone have any information on any of the expansions that I have heard about? Plans for them to be on the market soon, etc.?

geez3r
2007-11-10, 09:25 PM
One of my friends picked it up just yesterday, and we all played for the first time. I don't think we followed like 1/2 the rules correctly, but it was still really fun. I really want to try it again with a better understanding of the rules, and a larger table.