PDA

View Full Version : Fast Zombie?

sikyon
2007-10-19, 05:03 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys had any idea on fast zombies. Like the kind from 28 days later. I was thinking D12 Hit Dice, normal move speed is run speed (though they can't run), and constant rage? (no con modifier though).

Thoughts? Any suggestions are welcome.

GimliFett
2007-10-19, 05:09 PM
There's lots, but the primary one is that "rage zombies" aren't undead. Merely insatiably hungry. I like the constant rage bit, but throw in a Fort or Will save for resisting the transformation.

I think I recall seeing a template on the Wizards boards way back when for this, btw.

Capoeira
2007-10-19, 05:25 PM
I would model them after the fast zombies from HL2, fast and scary but physically frail due to their, ahem, streamlined muscular builds.

Id say it would be based off the corpse creature, +1 hit die.
A +10 base movement speed,
A 75% reduction in weight and fortitude saves
An added melee rake flurry attack that always gets two attacks a round if not also moving,
Spring Attack,
and a light (DC8?) fear aura just cause theyre so much more grotesque than a normal zombie that still has most of its skin and organs.

Course theyd have to be harder to create/control

Closet_Skeleton
2007-10-19, 05:27 PM
Just use Ghouls from the Monster Manual.

D&D has enough kinds of undead that you don't need to make "fast zombies".

Jasdoif
2007-10-19, 05:28 PM
Libris Mortis has a few zombie variants, fast zombies are among them.

EvilElitest
2007-10-19, 05:31 PM
I would model them after the fast zombies from HL2, fast and scary but physically frail due to their, ahem, streamlined muscular builds.

Id say it would be based off the corpse creature, +1 hit die.
A +10 base movement speed,
A 75% reduction in weight and fortitude saves
An added melee rake flurry attack that always gets two attacks a round if not also moving,
Spring Attack,
and a light (DC8?) fear aura just cause theyre so much more grotesque than a normal zombie that still has most of its skin and organs.

Course theyd have to be harder to create/control

What is this HL2
from,
EE

TheLogman
2007-10-19, 05:57 PM
Half Life 2, I believe he is speaking of the Head-Crabs specifically.

Unless I missed something.