PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Races

Alleine
2007-10-19, 10:17 PM
I just got it in my head that it'd be really fun to play a tiny race. I have no real idea why, other than being tiny just seeming cool and everyone is either medium or small to my knowledge.

Does anyone know of any low LA tiny races? I'm not looking for ways to make a character tiny, either permanently or temporarily. I want a race that is tiny. Help?

Mavian
2007-10-19, 10:22 PM
Jermlaine from the MM2 and Muck something from Serpent Kingdoms are both tiny LA0 races.

Lord Tataraus
2007-10-19, 10:23 PM
Well, a Tibbit is sort of tiny. It's a +0 LA race in the Dragon Compendium with the shapeshifter subtype. Basically it is a cat descended from generations of cat familiars and has now gained complete sentience. They have a humanoid form where they look almost exactly like halflings and a cat form. The cat form is tiny and they can stay in either form for as long as they want. Unfortunately you can talk while as a cat (except to other cats).

Guy_Whozevl
2007-10-19, 10:47 PM
Kobolds with the slight build rules from the Races of Dragon Web Enhancement (on Wizards) would work too; they're treated as Tiny in beneficial situations, while they are considered Small in a situation where being Tiny would be more detrimental.
The best part is, you get to be a Kobold.:smallbiggrin:

Alleine
2007-10-19, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the help, I'll take a look at some of that stuff next session, when I have access to more books.

Alleine
2007-10-20, 12:55 PM
Hmm, I was expecting a bit more feedback... are there seriously almost no tiny races with decent LA?

Amiria
2007-10-20, 01:09 PM
Petals (from MM3) are cute ... and powerful. Their are LA +2 (cohort), so you'd have to make a houserule to get them as a PC race. With their ability bonuses they make excellent arcane casters or stealthy skillmonkeys.

Xefas
2007-10-20, 01:21 PM
Pixies are ECL 5, and look like they'd be pretty fun to play. They have flight, perpetual 24/7 Greater Invisibility, some fun spell-like abilities that can be used rather creatively when combined with the invisibility, and they shoot arrows that can knock someone unconscious or seriously damage their brain.

Not to mention the large damage reduction, and useful spell resistance...

Alleine
2007-10-20, 01:26 PM
Too bad pixies are small :(

I was thinking a grig, but it can use irresistible dance, and not as a spell either so I'm not entirely sure how that affects it LA. Plus only the Pixie has a As Characters section.

Renrik
2007-10-20, 03:42 PM
A gnome. With dwarfism.

Person_Man
2007-10-20, 04:42 PM
Be sure to pick up Underfoot Combat and Confound the Big Folk from Races of the Wild. It basically allows you to move into enemy squares, deny them their Dex bonus (qualifying you for Sneak Attack), and use Dex instead of Str for Trip attacks. But they require that you be 2 sizes smaller then your foe, which means you basically have to be Tiny, or Small with access to Reduce Person. Works great with most Rogue builds.