PDA

View Full Version : All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

Zafuel
2007-10-21, 04:00 PM
Chapter 1 - Ignis Century
"The trenches started as supply lines as the two forces extended towards the water. Within months, they had become an intricate lattice of defences. Thus,a new breed of warfare was formed."
- Quintus Salvius

The trench is dirty and muddy, but with a strange, homely feeling. A tower shield, the lightning battle insignia of the Haterian Coalition muddy and dulled, leans against the wall of the trench. Its owner, Publius Papirius Cato, the legatus and commander of the legion, is deep in conversation with another soldier, the Immune Atticus Antonius.

"Yes, as I was saying, the attack gutted the company utterly... The centurion, his optio, all of the lesser officers were killed. The Carbo century's Optio has been running the trench, but we've just brought in another group of officers to replaced them."

The legatus suddenly notices a group of officers have entered the dugout. They have all come from seperate directions, and have only just met.

"Ah, good to see you! There was a nasty rumour going round that your railiner had been hit with a shell. Antonius, this is Eris and Gaius, the suboptios, and this is our new optio Sangius Mens."

Finally, the last figure enters the dugout.

"And this is the new commander of Ignis company. Antonius, this is Centurion Illane."

The legatus hands Antonius a tablet, then says:

"Well, I'll leave everyone to get aquainted. In about an hour, I'll need Illane and your optio to attend a briefing about our current situation. Until then!"

Picking up his shield, the legatus heads out of the dugout, leaving the new "Ignis Century" alone in the trench.

Exeson
2007-10-21, 04:10 PM
Sangius strides into the trench, holding his head high. At the mention of his name he smartly salutes before standing easy again. He does not say anything, waiting for the higher-ups to speak.

Mavian
2007-10-21, 05:15 PM
Gaius strides in slightly behind Sangius and shakes his head when he sees hims salute. He mutters beneath his breath "You tryin to get him shot boy, you never salute in the trenches. All it does is show who's in command so the enemy can shoot'em. Silly fancy-pants officers who've never seen combat."

stimpius
2007-10-21, 05:27 PM
A tall imposing figure, with a swath of blonde hair and a red cloak trimmed with silver strides magnificently down the line. With a heavy flail clasped by her side and the armour following the shapely contours of her body, she draws glances as she walks down the line, towards the strange congregation of people.

"Greetings, i am your new Centurion, Ilane. Any questions about my right to lead shall be answered with force and divine power, so I suggest you do not question, my desicions will be sound, and I have the power of the true God of Mars on my side.

Now that the warning is done, I presume you all have names? I would prefer to address you by name, instead of ranks, I am Ilane."

All of this is said in a slightly imperious tone of voice, and she will offer her hand to be shaken.

Mavian
2007-10-21, 06:01 PM
"Suboptio Gaius Ma'am. Just transfered in from the 181st after a brief stop-over for training."

He reaches out a huge hand and gently shakes Ilanes

ooc: (No clue about unit names, but always wanted to be in the 181st :P)

Moechi_Vill
2007-10-21, 06:49 PM
Eris, a semi-tall young officer. A chalist statue by rights! A rifle in his hand an ammo belt tucked around his chest, a god of war! A heavy sharp spade is affixed by leather and slung over his back, the saber shines brightly in its sheath. The glint of armour from underneath his uniform is sterling, with a magical brightness and hue to it. His uniform is even half clean, his boots daring with metal spikes protruding from their business ends. He smiles brightly at his fellow officers and shakes the hand of the clerical centurion in turn. He is wearing a little blue cap, but underneath his left arm is tucked a chivalrous helmet with a spike on top of its base. Perhaps he plans to headbutt someone.

"What a bright day! I am glad to meet you all. Suboptio Eris at the Cleric's service Madam Centurion!" He shakes her hand in turn and bows deeply, with an amused smile on his face.

stimpius
2007-10-22, 02:21 AM
Ilane

"So out of curiosity what are your guys personal proficiencies? I kep us on our feet, and work out the weak spots and where we can strike, on top of this if the enemy is getting bored and wishes to surrender ill meet them and have a quiet chat and hopefully make them concede as much as they can."

Zafuel
2007-10-22, 02:25 AM
Almost as soon as the legatus has left, another figure enters. He seems jumpy, nervous, without the commanding presence of Cato.

"I was told you had a technician? I'm supposed to make sure you know how the equipment works."

Selv
2007-10-22, 02:42 AM
All the time the legatus was present, Atticus maintained the attention posture. A slight slouch crept in about the time Ilane mentioned "names" and when Eris remarked on the weather he even glanced at the Suboptio in suprise at his levity.

"Atticus Antonius, Centurion. I'm the century's senior immune."
"I've done some nocturnal mine clearance in no-man's land, but I'm really here because I speak Milonian, ma'am. I've the equipment here to manufacture papers for the Intelligence service, too."

Atticus is of avergae height, but skinny. Though maintained to a reasonable standard, his uniform and gear is a little worn. His accent is very different from Eris'.

Exeson
2007-10-22, 04:50 AM
Sangius snorts when Ilane mentions 'divine power'.

"Sangius Mens Volatilis. Necromancer, although I can fire a rifle with relative accuracy."

He choses to ignore Gaius's comment but instead turns to nervous man,

"Ah! perfect, I was going to look for you! Could you perhaps sort me out an alchemical lab?"

Regardless of the man's reply he then sits down and takes out a Latranae board and starts playing against himself. He looks up.

"Well, hop to it man!"

Moechi_Vill
2007-10-22, 06:33 AM
Ilane

"So out of curiosity what are your guys personal proficiencies? I kep us on our feet, and work out the weak spots and where we can strike, on top of this if the enemy is getting bored and wishes to surrender ill meet them and have a quiet chat and hopefully make them concede as much as they can."

"The enemy are worthless (combatants)! The only reason they're still around is because it took our group so long to assemble on yonder glorious battlefield!" Eris draws his saber and points at the enemy trench opposite of the group on the borders of the vertical horizon tucked away safely over the edge of the trench.
"Indeed as you have asked my personal opinion Madame Centurion I think we should arrange an assault to storm the enemy bastion within the day! This a pity to be that you must first consult with our impotent superiors to learn of their ineffective plans for the day."

"But who am I fooling? Noone listens to a man of war before he has skewered the fiend in twain nere the legions an eon of time~! Thus I choose to socialize as is only correct among gentlemen of our age and let our Madam Centurion wrestle with the grandest decisions of mind."

Eris settles down with the necromancer, assuming the other side of the board unless the necromancer protests. Oh and he sheates his saber.
"Oh." he suddenly seems to have noticed the Immune, as if it just caught up with him. "So you're the one in command of all our valuables!" he smiles. "Nice to meet you Senior." he salutes from his sitting position, knowing the enemies could not see him from there. "I shall bow..." he adds. "'t would be most gracious if you would not mind to let me finish the game first. After all we are among gentlemen" he smiles and makes another move.
"So what countries are you from fellas?" he directs at the magic-user and senior.

Exeson
2007-10-22, 06:56 AM
"My, you do like to talk don't you?" Says Sangius, "if your mind is half as sharp as your words I would indeed enjoy playing you."

He takes his move, "I come from Fael, you?"

OCC: How would we decide who wins, opposed intelligence checks? I was thinking if you beat the other person by say 10 in the check you win, I dunno, i am making this up on the spot.

Selv
2007-10-22, 06:58 AM
Atticus winces at Eris' speech, then quickly tries to regain his composure, blushing slightly and hoping no-one noticed. When the new arrival appears in the doorway, Atticus raises a hand to identify himself.
"I'm the technician, soldier. What new toys do we have?"
For the first time, he abandons Attention and goes over to the new arrival, rubbing his hands together happily.
"I've used most of the standard kit, but perhaps it would be wise to go over the more technical stuff".

((Alchemical lab? Let's see... The field-hospital will have eye-droppers, thermometers, maybe some rubber piping... gas stove we have here, filters from gas-masks... he might be distilling in beer-bottles, but...))He glances at the recently arrived man.
((This isn't his job.))

"I'll see what I can do while you're in the briefing, Optio."

Mavian
2007-10-22, 09:59 AM
"I'm not big on thinking and planning Ma'am, but I can lift heavy things. I also fought in the arena for a number of years, so I'm trained in a variety of weapons and combat techniques." He shifts a bit at he lack of discipline among his fellow officers but remains at attention.

stimpius
2007-10-22, 10:18 AM
Ilane

"Of for Mars's sake STOP STANDING AT ATTENTION!" She will rap out quickly and with command of authority in her words.

"Now where is that bloody legate to take us to this meeting, im starting to get antsy and wanting to go play with the enemies. And as a warning now, anyone who attempts to desert me, ill kill on the spot faster than the enemy. Is that clear? We are all in this together, we leave no one behind, but im not running a democracy, you follow my orders unless I fall."

With this she will start walking circles pacing even untill she re- erupts randomly

"WHERE IS THIS LEGATE!?"

Zafuel
2007-10-22, 01:52 PM
The technician reaches over to the first of the arcane devices; a wall mounted heavy block of iron and bronze.

"Mana condenser." The technicians head bobs up and down as he speaks; he is clearly in his element here. From inside of the the condenser, he pulls two fine strands of metal.

"The condenser'll deal with the power requirements for your other 'quipment, so long as we keep it charged from our end."

"The teline's fairly standard, but you need to watch the reciever. Last optio went clodhopping in, fried his whole left hand on it."

He turns to the stove now, folding open the stone-like casing into a cradle of metal and attaching the leads. He picks up the second set of leads, and attaches it to the teline sat on the table.

"The legatus wants you to keep your teline linked at all times."

He gestures back towards the condenser.

"You can fire it up, right?"

Meanwhile, on the latranae board, Sangius starts by playing a consistent, solid game, but he is matched for now by Eris' sudden agressiveness and then defensiveness. Sangius is one-up on captures, but the game is more or less even.

Selv
2007-10-22, 04:07 PM
When Ilane is fuming, Atticus' first instinct is to stand at attention.

However, he is quickly engaged in technical discussion, happily asking all kind of questions of dubious importance- what's the mana intensity? periodicity? are the teline and mana line the same or just shorted at one end? and so on. If not stopped, he'll go on to describe an idea for a machine to send morse over telines using punch-cards and hand-cranks. "I think it'd be a real time-saver on routine evening reports, and free up the teline for high-priority calls. Of course, every century would need a machine, and I can't get the prototype working like I think it should. The damn hydragyrum contacts keep leaking."

Moechi_Vill
2007-10-22, 11:07 PM
Eris' expression darkens for a moment as he hears the nation of Fael, but quickly regains his vigour. "I am a patrician of Aeol by my mother's birth, but... I hail allegiance to the principles of Raen. My father emigrated to this wonderfully baroque region and raised me to consider its extreme manners the finest gift bestowed upon mankind, yet my heart lies with our fallen brethren to the east. They will not benefit as immensely from our activities." he pauses for a minute, ignoring the Centurion's death threats.

"However, I shall pay my debt to the country of my birth and I can only bless the Gods for allowing me to do so with such noble an artifact as a volounteer."
He adds a compliment. "Your abilities with the meta-corporeal shall surely make many a Minoran foe surrender their silver coil."

Checkers?
[roll0] (I think Eris would be quite intimately familiar with board games, but on the other hand you started the game. I'd favor a faux modifier in your favor. This here is a blank roll of course. :))
Check! Neg Matey, an 11 is a reasonable game but not good at all. :(

Zafuel
2007-10-23, 01:58 PM
The Technician
The technician answers each of Atticus' questions as only a technician can.

"Gaius Agricola was having a look at something like that about a week back. You get all sorts in the support trenches. The miles don't have a clue how to fix any of their kit, so they always overestimate the time it takes to do anything and we always get time left over. Publius was trying to work out a kind of sound-based ranging device for aeropteros; not much succes though, maybe you should take a look." The technician grows thoughtful.

"Actually, Agricola had a kind of hydragyrum tap he got off of a downed scout plane. Maybe you should take a look?"

As he's speaking, the technician fires up the condenser, and both the teline and the stove spring to life. Immediately, the teline starts ringing. He turns to Illane:

"That's probably for you."

The Latranae Game
Meanwhile on the Latranae board: Sangius makes a daring move, but is turned back by Eris defense. Catching Sangius off guard, Eris continues to press the attack, but Sangius manages to throw together a defense and the match continues.

Above the Trenches
Suddenly, with a roar of spluttering engines, a dogfight erupts between two Milonian scout planes and a Raen Pteron Legion fighter. Bursts of autogun fire erupt over the trenches, and cheers go up and one of the canvas wings of the Milonian scout catches fire.

Mavian
2007-10-23, 02:20 PM
"Sorry ma-am, habit." Gaius drops his rucksack at his feet, and reaches into it to pull out a small book. Leaning up against the wall, he pops it open and begins to read slowly, following the words with his fingers.

stimpius
2007-10-23, 05:48 PM
Ilane

"Hello, Centurion Ilane here."

Looking up at the sky, she bellows silently inside watching the enemy plane catch fire along its wing and start its slow spiral descent of death.

Exeson
2007-10-24, 04:42 AM
Sangius continues playing latranae, letting the others sort out the immediate problems.

(Great, I'm stuck here with a pious loudmouth Centurion, Someone who can't shut up and a grown man who can barely read. The only non troublesome person here at the moment seems to be the Technician.)

Intelligence check for latranae : [roll0]

Zafuel
2007-10-24, 05:39 AM
"Ah yes, this is Legatus Cato. If you and your optio could come for that briefing, that would be most helpful. We're meeting in the third line of trenches, second quarter; my assistant can show you the way. "

The sky is starting to darken now as evening starts to appear. The dogfight continues for a few minutes; then, with a burst of autogun fire, the Coalition plane takes a sudden nosedive as the wing-struts collapse. The plane pulls up, and for a moment it looks like it might survive, but then it dissappears behind a ridge in no-man's-land, and the engine falls quiet.

stimpius
2007-10-24, 06:02 AM
Ilane

"Very well we will be there as soon as possible, we'll follow your assistant." She will speak into the phone cradleing it against her neck. Putting the phone down she turns to the Latranae

"On your feet Sangius its time to go find out what the higher ups want us to do then attempt to twist it to suit us so we don't all die horribly."

With that she will turn and look for the assistant again

"Myself and the Optio need leading to the third line of trenches, second quarter, as quickly as possible."

Zafuel
2007-10-24, 07:38 AM
As if on cue, the assistant appears in the dugout.

"This way ma'am. It's quite a walk; I'd hurry up."

Exeson
2007-10-24, 02:26 PM
With a sigh Sanguis packs away the latranae board and walks o0ver to the assistant.

"lead on then"

stimpius
2007-10-24, 04:13 PM
Ilane

Turning to the assistant,

"Well its about time man there was at least a 4 second period between me placing the phone down, and you turning up."

She will say this jokingly and then carry on in a more serious manner

"Well carry on then, time to lead on i do believe."

Zafuel
2007-10-25, 12:49 PM
The centurion and optio leave the trench, leaving Eris, Atticus and Gaius alone in the dugout. The Milonian spy-plane continues to circle for a time, but as the sky grows darker and two more Coalition planes approach, it too retreats.

The Briefing
The assistant takes you back three lines of trenches, where you come into a dug-out room occupied by a small number of officers and Legatus Cato. At the back of the room, a huge banner marked with the thunderbolt symbol of the Coalition hangs.
As soon as you enter, Cato dismisses the other officers.
"Well, Centurion. Settling in?"

The Trench
About an hour after Sangius and Illane left, a figure pratically bursts into the trench. Immediately, he turns to the first person he sees, Gaius.
"Where the hell's your commander?"

Mavian
2007-10-25, 01:10 PM
Gaius looks up when the man bursts in, before gently placing a bookmark into the book, and standing to his full height. Looking for any indication of rank before he speaks, he runs his eyes up and down the figure for a clue

If higher rank than Gaius says

"She is in a meeting with Legatus Cato, sir"

If lower rank, he'll say

Excuse me sir, who are you, and what business do you have with the Optio?

stimpius
2007-10-25, 01:20 PM
Ilane

Glancing up at the huge thunderbolt emblem and slightly inclining her head Ilane will stride straight into the dug out room.

"Yes thank you, know down to business I'm assuming you need us to do something? What is it? I assure you we will do it to the best of our abilities."

Zafuel
2007-10-25, 02:32 PM
The Trench
The soldier is a tribune; one of the six directly below the legatus.
"Damn, ruddy bad timing. " He glances around, as though looking for someone vaguely senior. "I presume you just saw that dogfight?"

Almost as an afterthought, he sticks out his hand.

"Aulus Octavius Caepio; fifth tribune."

The Briefing
"Currently, our intelligence suggests that the Milonian soldiers are beaten men. A strong, decesive victory will collapse the Milonian army; and with them, the whole of the Central Alliance could collapse. It is to that end that we are preparing for a major offensive."

Mavian
2007-10-25, 02:40 PM
Gaius looks up at the sky. "Yes sir, I caught the tail end of it. I do believe we have a teline set-up if you wish to speak to the commander."

Zafuel
2007-10-25, 02:49 PM
"No, no need to disturb the centurion. I'm sure you're capable of handling a simple operation."

"Right, that dogfight. I'm afraid that the poor Coalition pilot was more than just some flyboy..."

Mavian
2007-10-25, 02:58 PM
"Understood Sir, Do you have the co-ordinates where they went down?"

He turns and barks at Eris
"On your feet, and find the Immune, we gotta search and rescue to get organized, and we don't got much time."

Exeson
2007-10-25, 02:58 PM
Sangius lounges against the wall, "and how are you so sure your intellegence is correct?" he says, and then adds on as an afterthought "sir".

Zafuel
2007-10-25, 03:14 PM
Briefing
"Good Mars man, Acilius is one of the best men we've got! He'd run across that wasteland and sock it to the Imperator himself if he wasn't so vital here! Don't let me catch you saying that ever again!"

Trench
"I have a rough map, but I wouldn't put much faith in it. Remember, your first objective is to rescue the pilot; he's one of the best we've got, and the intelligence he has may be vital. Second objective is to salvage whatever you can of his aeropteros; engine, autogun, whatever survived."

Selv
2007-10-25, 03:21 PM
Atticus (Trench)

It is at this moment that Atticus re-enters the dugout, whistling happily and holding under one arm the collected alchemical odds and ends he managed to scrounge. Recognising the tribune's badge of rank, he smartly sets down the package and salutes. ((a high-up in a trench can only mean trouble- just like they told you in basic, Vicio: if in doubt, shut up, stand up straight, and look patriotic.))

Mavian
2007-10-25, 03:28 PM
"Anything you can give us sir. Atticus, good, we gotta search and rescue mission, plane went down and they want us to pull the pilot and whatever we can salvage. The Commanders are still involved with the Legate, so its up to us. Any ideas?"

stimpius
2007-10-25, 03:30 PM
Ilane

"So what is it you exactly want us to do? Lead a charge across no mans land and take the front line or trenches? Or be more subtle and go in as a crack squad gather what intel we can to augment what you already know, and confirm it or not. Then come back and plan the offensive from there."

Exeson
2007-10-25, 03:32 PM
"Don't worry sir, I won't let you catch me sir. So you want us to go over the top? all guns blazing? for death or glory? It seems a bit... dumb sir, it must not have stretched the imagination much. Sir"

Selv
2007-10-25, 03:45 PM
Atticus (trench)

"Well, which side of the Alliance lines is he on, sir? Can we hold out for nightfall?"

Zafuel
2007-10-26, 08:37 AM
Trench
Octavius points at the sky.
"It's getting darker. He's closer to us than the Alliance; somewhere between the two lines. It's entirely possible that the Milonians will try to mount a raid of their own to seize the pilot, so we need to do this soon. Get kitted up; take three miles with you three. Within the hour; it'll be as dark enough. I'd rather not have the Pteron Legions on my back for waiting too long."

Briefing
Surprisingly, Cato laughs at Sangius, as though his borderline insubordination was comical.
You've been reading Pacilus anti-war claptrap. It's true that Avitus' strategies were somewhat uninventive, but he's been replaced by now. We're talking about winning the war with a good assualt."
Cato hands a weapons manifest to Eris.

"Looking good, huh? We've been stockpiling artillery for months now. We plan to hold up a continuous bombardment for a week, then a massed infantry attack. With any luck, there'll be no enemy forces left in their trenches. We take trench repair kits, fix up their trenches and use them as a staging point for the next wave of advances."

He pauses.

"So, what do you think?!"

I'm sure some of you might recognise Cato's description of his forthcoming battle. Don't worry, it will be a very different kind of conflict to the one he's refering to.

Moechi, are you still playing?

stimpius
2007-10-26, 03:18 PM
Ilane

"My main worry sir is the fact that the artillery bombardment would fail. What if you do througholy destroy the front line only to find out they hid deep in holes interconnected and inter-spersed like rabbit warrens? And what would our role in this forthcoming battle be?"

Zafuel
2007-10-29, 01:30 PM
Is anyone still wanting to play?

Mavian
2007-10-29, 03:01 PM
((I am, still waiting on a response from Eris before I post, or I could just ignore him))

Exeson
2007-10-29, 03:12 PM
yes, I was actually waiting for you to post.

Zafuel
2007-10-29, 04:43 PM
I was trying to keep both the briefing and the raid running along in parallel, since it took some juggling to make sure they work out (something needs to happen at the appropriate time).

So, I'm waiting for the raid guys to post. Thanks! Come on Moechi!

stimpius
2007-10-29, 05:29 PM
{{Was waiting on a reply to the breifing before i posted again.}}

Selv
2007-10-29, 06:26 PM
Atticus (Trench)

Atticus rubs his chin thoughtfully.

"So we have the advantage of distance, and with a bit of luck, a pteronaut ace who's expecting us. Thinking about it, a Milly raid might put them off the idea of ploughing over no-man's-land with artilery again. If we get in and start back before they get there, it could work in our favour."

Mavian
2007-10-29, 06:38 PM
Gaius looks over at Eris before shaking his head and turning to Selv.

"I'll leave the planning up to you, s'not my thing anyway. I'll go dig up some help while you work."

Reaching down to his weapons, he pulls the blade of his out a few inches and tests it against his thumb. Nodding to himself, he straps it across his back and grabs his rifle, before turning to face the Tribune.

"Where I can I grab these Miles you said we could take, don't want to empty this trench in case of a raid."

Moechi_Vill
2007-10-30, 01:05 AM
(People stopped posting on the OOC thread and I was unable to find the IC thread by search for a few days. Pluss my internet was screwy. I'm bookmarking this thread now. :()

"Ready to go Sir!" and indeed Eris is ready to go. All his field gear is at hand except his horse and the handkerchief his mom gave him when he left home.

Zafuel
2007-10-31, 02:20 PM
Cato
"We have over four million shells. I'd be suprised if the damned rats survived what we're going to throw at them."

"Now, where does your company come in? About three miles behind Milonian lines is the Aquitanian Ports. As you may know, Raen has been dealing with problems in the Northern Ocean, but they're now ready to commit their fleet to the attack. Our legion's task is to take the ports to allow the Raen fleet to land. Most of the legion will occupy the trenches; you are two others centuries will need to take the port. Then, with five Raen legions on our side, we push forwards and we'll be in Milon by the end of the week!"

Octavius
"So, are we ready? Atticus, if you can save the engine, do what you can, but the pilot is the first priority. Also..."

Octavius hands a beaten metal roll of wire to Eris.

"Teline wire," he says by means of explanation.
"As you go out, try and lay this on the ground. It'll be useful for when Cato's new offensive comes.

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-01, 05:02 AM
"Sir, yes Sir!" Eris is practically shivering with anticipation.
He waits.

stimpius
2007-11-01, 05:13 AM
Ilane

"So you want to bomb them to pieces, hope they aren't entrenched deeper than you think or your "intelligence" has reported back, and send us in? Or send us in now and take out those ports?"

Zafuel
2007-11-01, 12:25 PM
"Im sorry, Centurion, exactly what are you saying?"

Selv
2007-11-01, 12:58 PM
Atticus (raid) salutes. "Sir." ((With these two onboard, no-one'll dare engage us... I just hope they know enough to keep their heads down when the firing starts.))

Exeson
2007-11-01, 01:00 PM
"I think she is saying, Sir, that she is unsure of exactly our roll. Do we take part in the major offensive or do we strike ahead of the time, attempting to get over the enemy lines with a handful of troops a few days before the offensive and attempt to put the ports out of action."

Zafuel
2007-11-01, 03:27 PM
Cato
"You'll be part of the main offensive. I'm afraid there's no way we can get anyone past the lines. That was our initial plan, but you'll have to be part of the main attack for now.

Octavius
A group of soldiers; eight of them, enter the dugout. Octavius singles three of them out.

"Miles Augurius, Tilius and Ulysis will be going with you. Immune Aquila and her soldiers will be in command of the trench while your gone."

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-03, 01:20 AM
Eris continues waiting.

Mavian
2007-11-03, 01:48 AM
Looking back at the three unfortunate souls who had been selected to follow them, he nods his head at the Immune before turning back to the Tribune.

"Best we be heading out before the enemy starts getting any funny ideas. Don't suppose we have any trench out that way, sir? Be nice to keep ourselves out of sight for as long as possible"

Zafuel
2007-11-03, 03:59 AM
"'Fraid not. This is as close as we can get in cover. Good luck everyone."

stimpius
2007-11-03, 05:27 AM
Ilane

"So when is the shelling due to start? And how long after that is the assault going to be? I hate periods of inactivity, they are not efficient."

Zafuel
2007-11-03, 07:23 AM
Trench
The three miles head over to the ladder and start to climb. It's time.

Briefing
"The plan is to begin shelling day after tomorrow, continue for 7 days then mount the attack less than an hour after the shelling ends."

Exeson
2007-11-03, 01:43 PM
"If I may sir, I would like to perform a raid on the enemy trenches and return with a captive so that we could confirm the intelligence reports. Sir."

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-05, 09:29 AM
"THAT WOULD BE FUN!" Eris fumes.
"Come on! I'm impatient! When will I get to kill the enemy baddies? I'm nobility! We used to get what we deserved, wheter it be death or despair REAL FAST. WHEN CAVALRY RULED THE FIELDS!" Eris stops shouting.

He calms down a bit more.

"Uh, errr...." he turns to the officers. "... sorry sirs! Been waiting for this life and death situation for so long! I... I may be green in my behavior but I will do what I can for my country, come what may - come early death or glorious victory."
"I volounteer to join such a raid. Nobility obliges me to do so. And I do so willingly." Eris sheds a tear that wets the maroon scarf around his neck.

Selv
2007-11-05, 10:20 AM
Atticus (Trenches)

((No worries. I've been over the top and come back a dozen times. No worries.))
Quickly replacing his normal cap with the uniform helmet, Atticus hurries to keep up with the miles as they start climbing the trench. He hurries partly in the hope of getting clean away from the trench edge and any Milonian rifle-sights- but also partly in the hope that concentrating on the ladder rungs will conceal the fear that amounts to an almost physical nausea.

Once on top, he'll try to find the first piece of cover and assess the level of danger.

Mavian
2007-11-05, 12:31 PM
Gaius

Sliding over the side of the trench, his eyes darting across no-mans land for areas of cover even a crater deep enough to shield him from enemy eyes, Gaius follows the Miles. Using his rifle, he starts pointing out the scant bits of cover he can see, and directing the miles toward them.

Zafuel
2007-11-05, 01:14 PM
No Man's Land
There is an eerie silence across no-man's-land as the miles creep fowards. You come over a low rise, and the canvas of the aeropteros' wings come into view. The area is dotted with small ridges and shell holes. It has taken a rough landing, but the structure is mainly intact.

Cato
"We really should be getting back to your trench. I'd like to meet the rest of your officers."

stimpius
2007-11-05, 01:20 PM
Ilane

"Let us go back then, unfortunatley im still unfamiliar with this rabbits warren's maze of trenches. Lead the way sir."

Mavian
2007-11-05, 01:24 PM
Gaius

Scampering over to the Aeroptreos in a crouch, Gaius is going to clear away any debris covering the cockpit and check on the pilot.

Selv
2007-11-05, 02:01 PM
Atticus (No man's land)

Whispered to the miles "Keep an eye out for the enemy." Atticus looks for the nose of the aeropteros, where the engine and instrumentation are.

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-06, 05:16 AM
Eris comes with and does his best to conceal himself, but his main effort is in scanning for targets.

Exeson
2007-11-07, 12:24 PM
Sangius nods his head and follows Ilane out.

Zafuel
2007-11-08, 04:43 PM
Cato
Cato quite quickly reaches your trench, only to find it more or less deserted, manned by a few miles.

"Where the hell is everybody?"

No Man's Land
The pilot is unconcious, his flight suit stained red with blood and a broken shard of metal is piercing his chest. The aeropteros has broken into three parts; bits of the cockpit and the pilot are in the centre, along with the double-wings; the tail of the craft has broken off about five metres back. Finally, the very end of the plane, front of the cockpit, the propellor and autogun have been thrown forwards and landed into a shell hole someway forwards.

The miles start taking up position around the plane, scanning the horizon for any sign of motion in the darkness.

Mavian
2007-11-08, 05:34 PM
"Either of you two a medic? I've found the pilot, but I don't wanna move him until he's stabilized."

Gaius is going to quickly check the pilot's pulse before moving back to let someone else at him.

"What should we be draggin back Atticus?"

Selv
2007-11-08, 05:36 PM
Atticus No Man's land

Atticus is just brushing loose dirt from the engine block when his fingers run into a large, triangular scrap of skin and flesh. He spits a Rean curseword in hushed tones, realising the grim position of the pilot for the first time.

"I don't know anything about medecine. Eris, can you help him? I have a closure device, but I... I can't be sure it's safe. I'm not a healer. If we only had the centurion here!"

"Looks like we'll be carrying him back. Then there's the gun, the engine block-" the skinny man pushes at it, trying to gauge the weight of it- "I don't think we'll be able to take back what's in the cockpit. I guess we'll smash as much as we can, if there's time, to stop Milly getting his hands on it."

"Can the pilot tell us if there was anything else in the 'plane? I'd hate to leave the cargo or something."

Assuming the pilot can't answer questions, and someone can do better than his use of the wand, he'll quickly examine the tail section and the ground nearby, looking for any cargo or other parts of the aeropteros that might have been thrown clear.

Exeson
2007-11-09, 12:05 PM
Sangius addresses the soldier closest to him "Where did the group of people who were waiting here go?"

stimpius
2007-11-09, 12:35 PM
Ilane

Seeing both the Commander as well as Sangius ask she see's no point in asking and meerly strides to the edge of the trench and peers out.

Zafuel
2007-11-09, 04:46 PM
Trench
"Tribune Octavius' orders are to recover a downed aeropteros in no-man's-land. They left a good ten minutes ago, sir."

As he hears this, Cato's face goes pale. Under his breath, the keen-eared may be able to hear:

"Sweet Mars preserve him when I..."

No Man's Land
The engine is heavy, but you think that you can drag it slowly. The autogun is bulky, but quite carriable. The pilot, on the other hand, is heavy and bulky, and the shard of metal in his chest seem fairly serious.

You find a battered instrument panel with a pad of paper nailed to it. Scrawled across the paper is observations about the movements of Milonian troops in a rough handwriting. In the cockpit, apparently dropped by the pilot is a revolver, but it is in a bad way. The pilot stirs, and for a moment seems to be awaking, but he quickly resumes his slumber.

A gunshot cracks the night.

A soldier collapses backwards.

Dark red spreads out across his tunic as he falls backwards into the mud.

Mavian
2007-11-09, 04:51 PM
"This is not good"

Reaching into the cockpit, he's going to grab the pilot and yank him out, not worrying about being careful, before reaching back in to grab the note.

"Atticus, I don't know what you want to try saving but you better get your ass in gear. Anyone got that teline set-up? We could you some cover fire."

Zafuel
2007-11-09, 05:45 PM
There is a glint of a bayonet over the lip of one of the shell-holes. You are clearly outnumbered. One of the miles dives for cover behind the plane, the other makes a dash towards his wounded friend.

stimpius
2007-11-10, 05:14 AM
Ilane

"Sweet Mars preserve us.

Sangius with me! Cato no offence but you stay here."

With this she will mutter a few words casting a spell on herself [casting entropic shield] Then vault the top of the trench and sprint towards where she heard the gunshot. [Running 4x normal movement.]

Exeson
2007-11-10, 05:44 AM
With a curse Sangius mutters some words and makes some motions with his hands. A faint shimmering appears around his body. Without a word he follows Ilane, keeping pace with her.

OCC: Casting mage armour and then running to keep up with Ilane

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-10, 07:28 AM
Spoiler about post and Eris' equipment.

I'm laying in a few obvious actions I would have taken as you've gotten a bit ahead of me and hoping it is ok.
Note: Eris doesn't normally equip his rifle after I got the wands. The wands are bound to his wrists with pieces of string and held up his sleeve by some tape when he's not in combat. I'm not sure how useful a rifle would be to him after I got him wands. :D It's just slung over his back.

Eris had just finished laying the teline when his comrade checked the man's pulse and asked someone else to take over.
Stepping over to the man Eris uses the light cure wand in his right hand and activates a charge on the pilot, then again. He tries to help the wounded pilot get out if he is stuck when at this point one of the miles is shot and someone asks about comms. "No comms, that was just a line."

Pushing the wounded pilot ahead of him (or casting another cure if he is still looking bad) Eris turns around, and fires a 'sleep' charge from his off-hand wand.

Wand Info&Rolls

I already made this post so I'll just have to let GM Zafuel roll for me. Thanks.

The healing wand casts are automatic successes since Eris is a ranger.
The 'sleep wand' is +9 (+3 for a skill feat in UMD (I changed it before tangled web disabled the char sheets I am attempting to reconstruct] +4 ranks and +2 charisma).

Selv
2007-11-10, 08:31 AM
Atticus (Plane)

Behind his moustache, Atticus goes pale. His jump to action belies his fear.
"Leave the engine, it'll slow us down to much."

Seeing Gaius and Eris in action, and having the notepad and pilot between them, he gets the attention of the miles. When he speaks it's in a parody of the accent found among aristocratic officers- but he's not quite able to keep the nerves from ruining his attempt at light-heartedness.

"Time we were retreating in good order, don't you think, chaps? Ulysis! Grab the autogun if you can. Tillius! Is that man alive?"

Atticus moves to cover while shouting this, hoping to deny the approaching soldiers a clear line of sight. He arms his rifle while looking around to see where everyone is, preparing to make a run for it but unwilling to leave anyone behind- or at least, anyone living.

That is, Attiucs will try to use the miles actual names- I randomly selected Ulysis to be the miles taking cover and Tilius to be the one trying to help the one who has been shot (Augurius).

Zafuel
2007-11-10, 09:18 AM
No Man's Land
Ulysis makes a run for the autogun just as two Milonians rise over the lip of a shell-hole, carrying a semi-portable autogun between them. A sudden burst of fire hits him, and he drops to the ground.

Milonians are scrambling over the lips of shell-holes everywhere now, you count at least twenty.

""Where the hell are they all coming from?" cries Tillius as he pulls Augurius towards a nearby shell hole.

There comes another gun shot, and Atticus feels his shoulder erupt in pain as he runs to cover, then go numb.

The Milonians are now steadying rifles at the plane and those sheltering behind it.

Injury check for Atticus, please.

Trench

"Are you out of your mind! It was a trap; we knew they wanted to capture one of our officers, but they didn't want to risk a raid. Why the hell didn't Ocatvius read the memo?"

He pauses, then turns to Illane:

"I'm going to get the soldiers armed; we need to get our people out of there. Hold on for just a second."

Mavian
2007-11-10, 09:46 AM
"Get him out of here, I'm going to try and by you guys some time." Gaius yells, pushing the pilot towards Eris.

Grabbing the sword of his back, he lets out an unearthly howl and charges towards the two carrying the autogun.

Rage and then move 30 feet towards the two milonians with the autogun.

stimpius
2007-11-10, 09:53 AM
Ilane

"Cato, you get the trench ready then, if i don't go now, i'll lose those men i came in with. And you will lose half your century. I'm going.

Sangius with me!"

With this she will ignore any futher protests from Cato and sprint towards the gun shots. If she comes into view of enemy autofire, cast a Summon Monster III.

Selv
2007-11-10, 10:28 AM
Injury roll in ambush at the aeropteros. (1d20+5=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1365437)
If I understanhd the rules, that would mean I'd have to have taken 16 damage or more to be 'hit'. I'll write assuming it's a flesh wound, and go back to edit it if I failed.

Seems like it might be important, so:
Initiative (1d20+7=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1365439)
Atticus finds himself sitting down in the mud behind a chunk of the aeropteros, looking at his shoulder with disbelief. Mind every bit as numb as his arm, he flexes it tentatively. It seems his field-armour turned the bullet, tearing the uniform cloth and bruising his shoulder like a hammer-blow.

Thought starts to seep back into his mind, and he scans the surroundings, looking for a route of escape that won't mean dodging a hail of gunfire. Gaius' shout startles him back to full alertness.
"Are you crazy? Get down! We're overwhelmed!"

Switching to a desperate Milonian, Atticus says "Wait! Who's in command here?"

Zafuel
2007-11-10, 01:29 PM
Atticus shrugs off the damage for now.

Can everyone make intiative checks in the OOC, please?

As far as you can tell, they're are seven shell-holes occupied by Milonian soldiers, with rifles starting to appear. Further foward is the autogun team.

Selv
2007-11-10, 03:26 PM
Realising escape is poosible, Atticus snatches the notepad from Gaius before the angry-looking gladiator can try to charge down the enemy. He tries to stuff it into a pocket, so as to leave both hands free, and readies his rifle. Considering his stick-thin frame, he does not even try to lift the pilot.
"Time for tea back in our trench, I fancy. Ready?"

Crouched over, Atticus makes a break for the nearby ridge (4), trying to take cover at the end.

Zafuel
2007-11-10, 06:20 PM
Breaking the cover of the plane, Atticus makes a dash towards the ridge. He makes it, just, taking cover behind the ridge just in time. The autogunners open fire at Atticus, but the razor sharp metal hits the lip of the ridge, sparing Atticus from the hit.
Three shots ring out through the night. One passes close to Gaius, severing a taut rope on the plane, but otherwise, nothing hits.
With a guttaral roar, Gaius breaks the cover of the plane and charges towards the autogunners' cover (Ridge 3). He doesn't quite make it before rifle shots ring out from futher back.
Two shots hit the lip of the ridge where Atticus is hiding, but fail to harm the technician. One shot, a masterpiece of aiming, slams into Gaius hard as he throws himself across no-man's-land.
Eris' sleep charge from the wand passes into the night, with little effect.
Ilane continues to run across no-man's-land, drawing closer to the fight.
Another three shots. Two pass wide of Gaius, and one hits the mud near to Atticus, but no harm done.

[[Injury check for Gaius, otherwise, no harm]]

Mavian
2007-11-10, 09:21 PM
Gaius is going to grunt as the he gets hit, shaking his head for a moment, before growling and continuing towards the autogun.

Fort save [roll0]
*edit I'm pretty sure that's going to save

Exeson
2007-11-11, 04:32 AM
Sangius arrives at the plane debris. He quickly looks over the situation grimly. Seeing one of his men assaulting the enemy position he frowns. Then suddenly he moves into action. There is a flare of green light from his hand, which shoots off towards the auto gunner position, tacking the form of a skull as it travels.

This is what Sangius does on he turn, whenever that is, moves to the dbris and casts Cause Fear at the autogunner furthest away from Gaius. DC 17

injuries: none
AC:18

Zafuel
2007-11-12, 02:23 PM
Actions for everyone else?
Ilane and Sangius arrive at the battle site this round, so they can be involved too. Currently, Atticus is behind ridge 4, Gaius has nearly reached Ridge 3, Eris is still in the plane wreckage.

stimpius
2007-11-12, 02:52 PM
Ilane

"Hold Fast! Mars is here to help us. Do not falter men!"

With this she will run to the areopteros wreckage then cast a summon monster 3 - dropping a Celestial Black Bear into hole 2.

Then in Celestian

"[I]Attack those in *Describe Milonian Uniforms.* They are pure evil. Kill them all."

Selv
2007-11-12, 03:15 PM
"Gaius! Let's get out of here!"
Heart beating hard in his chest, Atticus tries to get his bearings, looking around for the miles Tilius. Having re-caught his breath, he makes a dash for the next available cover back towards the Coalition lines.

Double-move to Hole 6.

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-13, 09:48 AM
"Blast. Fifty denarii down the drain. Shouldn't this guy be waking up about now?" Eris drags the downed pilot to the rear of the plane, closest to their own lines but still in cover. Using his surefire knowledge of healing wands he fires off the third successive charge of healing at the ace.
"I sure hope the army will reimburse me."

He turns around looking at the Centurion.
"Hey, that's quite impressive. I got some colour spray if they rush us."
"My recommendation would be for us to just binge it Centurion. Once I get this fantastic wreck of an immaculate pilot running again we can probably just run away, or I can carry him with one of you or alone if I drop my rifle and slash my armor.

Tell me. Do you care about miles Centurion?
Either way I think we should have a lot of fun if we stay for their sake. Hehe. I bet we could hold them off for a dozen moments till their officers arrive!"

If the pilot still does not recover Eris will fire another charge at him then slap him awake after dousing him with some water from his canteen (just a bit).
"Hey, wake up and recover already fly-boy!"

Zafuel
2007-11-13, 02:34 PM
Judging his run well, Atticus falls back to another hole, someway behind the plane wreckage.
As Gaius runs towards the autogun team, they let loose another burst of automatic fire, and a number of gunshots lance across the battlefield. The scything spray of bullets is wide, but two of the rifle-shots hit Gaius hard in the chest, and pain is clear on the soldiers face.
Gaius reaches the ridge quickly and drops down almost on top of one of the autogunners. Blood sprays onto the ground, mixing with the mud. The gunner is gravely wounded.
Gunshots lance across the battlefield, but they do not hit anything.
A lattice of siler thread spread across the pilot, knitting together his wounds. His eyes flutter open, now dragged clear of the cockpit.
Ilane reaches the plane wreckage. A incadescent spark jumps from her fingers high into the night, before dropping down someway in the midst of the Milonian territory. There comes a guttaral roar from one of holes as something large settles in existence there.
Three cracks erupt from across the battlefield, and Sangius feels three sharp pains as the bullets hit him.
The incandescent skull shoots across the battlefield and drops into the gunner position. Immediately, he scrambles for the back of the trench hole, trying to get away from phantasms that only he can see. Sangius reaches the plane debris, meeting up with Ilane, Eris and the pilot.
More gunshots, targetted at the debris. One shot punches through two wings worth of canvas before hitting one of the strust. One whistles above the plane wings and one hits the mud some way off.

@Gaius: Two injury checks at DC 17. One passed, one failed
@Sangius: Three injury checks, all at DC 16. One passed, two failed

1 on injury rolls for Gaius. I presumed you wanted to attack when you reached the ridge? Well, you disabled the guy.

Sangius failed two saves, but passed the third, so he has a -2 on injury rolls. Ouch. Finally, the Milonians get their sharpshooting going.

Success:
-The autogunner team has been completely removed, and Milonian Group 5 are in trouble too.
-The pilot is concious.

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-13, 03:53 PM
Eris

"To wait or not to wait. Not waiting!" Eris taps Sangius on the back and whispers "Let's go! Take the pilot if him and me are both laid low!" and pushes the pilot ahead of him towards Atticus, holding on to him from behind and using his bigger infantryman's body as a shield to grant the objective full cover if possible as they rush madly towards cover and the fellow officer.

"HEY ILANE!" He screams back at the boss as he runs (not wanting to use her rank with high volume) ... "Try to convince Sir Berserker not to become a captive when he runs out of steam huh? I'll be right back once I secure our objective with someone trustworthy!"

[Sweet. This Objective Location is really hot.]

Mavian
2007-11-13, 04:02 PM
Growling at the other autogunner, Gaius takes a swipe at his head while yelling back over his shoulder.

"Atticus, Is the pilot secure?"

If the autogunner falls, Gaius is going to drop his sword, and grab the autogun. Otherwise, he'll continue to swing at the autogunner.

Exeson
2007-11-13, 04:37 PM
Sangius curses as the two bullets hit him, tearing through his magical amour. he turns to Eris. "No, I will only slow you down in my current state, you and Atticus secure the pilot! Besides, I have an idea." With a grunt he drops his rifle picks up the plane's autogun, wrenching back the cocking handle he trains it on the group of milonians in a shell hole and, propping himself against the plane wreckage, he pulls the trigger.

"if we can push them back we should be able to form a defensive line and hold out till reinforcements arrive." he shouts over the chatter of the gun, "you get that pilot out of here and get reinforcements if they are not already on their way."

I am assuming I can use the autogun? if not I will redo my move. Firing the autogun at the milonian groups 2+3 behind ridge one (if within range, I cannot find the rules for the autogun)

AC: 18 + cover(I don't know how much that is)

Could you repost the rules for the autogun please?

Selv
2007-11-13, 07:54 PM
To Gaius: "He's awake! I suggest that visiting hours are over!"

Atticus does his best to attract the pilot's attention by waving quickly before sighting along the rifle barrel at the first Milonians to catch his eye.

A shot at group 4, I imagine. Rifle shot (1d20+6=21, 1d12=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1371961)

Not stopping to see if the shot finds its mark, he looks over his shoulder in hope of seeing reinforcements streaming in, and begins the laborious process of reloading.

stimpius
2007-11-14, 02:23 AM
Ilane

"Well boys my bear could use some support. Whos up for it?"

With this she will stand mutter a few words passing her hands over her body turn, grip the flail in two hands as it was designed and charge full pace for the nearest hole.

Casting Protection from Energy (Bullets) So that IF the bullets hit me [thanks to Entropic shield] They have to do AT LEAST 10 damage to make me need a save.

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-14, 07:28 AM
Sangius curses as the two bullets hit him, tearing through his magical amour. he turns to Eris. "No, I will only slow you down in my current state, you and Atticus secure the pilot! Besides, I have an idea." With a grunt he drops his rifle picks up the plane's autogun, wrenching back the cocking handle he trains it on the group of milonians in a shell hole and, propping himself against the plane wreckage, he pulls the trigger.

"if we can push them back we should be able to form a defensive line and hold out till reinforcements arrive." he shouts over the chatter of the gun, "you get that pilot out of here and get reinforcements if they are not already on their way."

I am assuming I can use the autogun? if not I will redo my move. Firing the autogun at the milonian groups 2+3 behind ridge one (if within range, I cannot find the rules for the autogun)

AC: 18 + cover(I don't know how much that is)

Could you repost the rules for the autogun please?

"Right, I'll just secure him with Atticus then. I'll be back ASAP." Eris activates his plan and dashes across the field between him and Atticus with the pilot tucked under his larger frame to offer him as much cover as is possible without slowing down.

Zafuel
2007-11-14, 02:35 PM
Atticus' gunshot leaps forward into the night, and hits with a thud, but it is impossible to tell how effective the shot was.
More bullets fill the air; one rips into Ilane's shoulder as she shelters in the wreckage. With Gaius now in their midst, some of the riflers lower bayonets at the soldier. One shot at close range; but it misses. The other two charge forwards with their bayonets. One hits, the metal scything into Gaius.
Gaius strikes back with his greatsword, but fails to inflict much damage on the Milonian soldiers.

More gunfire. Eris takes a hit through the debris. Two shots hit the lip of Atticus' hole before one finds its mark on the technician.
Eris and the pilot make a break from the plane wreckage towards Atticus. They can't make it to Atticus' hole in time, but can take shelter behind the ridge someway up (ridge 4).
Ilane passes her hand over herself, and a shimmering protective field covers her body. She runs, and reaches the nearby hole (7).

Sanigus heaves the autogun into a firing position. It is awkward, and the lack of the thunderbolt fighter below it neccistates Sangius to press upwards on the bottom, but he is able to fire it. Scything sprays of bullets covers the ridge. Cries of pain ring out across the battlefield as four Milonians are hit by the sudden rush of metal.
One is cut down mercilessly; one shrugs off the injury, and two are left with serious wounds.
More guns crack through the night, but the bullets fail to find their targets.
Ilane's bear dives at the Milonians, but with a stroke of good fortune, they stay clear of its scything claws.

@Ilane: Injury check, DC 17
@Gaius: Injury check, DC 16 (-1)
@Eris: Injury check, DC 16
@Atticus: Injury check, DC 16
Two Milonians from groups 1 + 3 have a -1 on injury rolls, one's disabled.

There comes a voice in the night.

"Hold on! We're coming!"

Someway back in the night, you can hear the roar of an engine above.

stimpius
2007-11-14, 03:03 PM
Ilane

"For Mars! Have at them boys, destroy them all! Call me if you need healing! I'll show these pretentious people what its like to fire on my century. Are all the miles up? Sangius, Eris, Gaius are you still up!?"

If the answer to the above is affirmative, she will stand and run piling over ridge 1, whilst telling the bear to move across to Hole 2 and take out the team 4.

If the answer to the above is negative she will rush back to the wounded and sponatneously dump a cure light into them.

Oh and roll to see if i make that check : [roll0]

Mavian
2007-11-14, 03:15 PM
[roll0]

"I'm not dead. But these bastards keep tryin to poke me. You guys get the pilot out yet?"

Gaius continues to swing into the melee in which he has thrust himself, attempting to nail the bastard who hit him.

Exeson
2007-11-14, 04:17 PM
Sangius utters a curse as the kick back from the autogun forces a trickles of blood to roll out of his bullet wounds. He winces as he slowly puts the weapon aside and ducks behind the wreckage, out of sight of the milonians and out of harm's way. He traces his hand through a few passes and suddenly a multitude of knives materialize around his body. "lets see them get through this"

Right dropping the autogun and taking cover behind the wrekage 9so none of milonians can fire at me. Then I cast Cloud of Knives.

AC=18 + cover
Injury= -2
Cloud of Knives= 5 rounds

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-15, 03:53 AM
"We're all all right except for those miles from the other century Ilane! Don't know if you care about them." Eris yells back from cover, hoping not to black out from his hit. He makes a second dash for Atticus with the objective.

Fortitude Save in Good Faith (Eris is a religious minority :))
[roll0]

"Ow. That kind hurt. But I'm 'up'!"

Selv
2007-11-15, 08:13 AM
Atticus blinks blood and dirt from his eyes. "Tillius? You still alive?"

Seeing Eris and the pilot out in the open, Atticus decides on a desperate tactic. Deliberately breaking cover, he stands up and shouts nonsense in the Milonian language. He fires towards an enemy at random, evidently putting more value on presenting himself as an obvious danger than the struggling suboptio and pilot.

"Whenever you are ready, gentlemen!"

(1d20+6=20, 1d12=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1374783)
Can Fighting Defensively apply to ranged attacks? If so, it's -4 on attacks and +2 (dodge) on AC.

Also, I'm not sure if breaking cover is a move action or not.
so:
Break cover.
Attack (defensively) as a distraction.
Reload, if I have an action left.

Zafuel
2007-11-15, 03:49 PM
The Battle
Atticus rises from his hole, trying to make a target of himself. His shot misses, but he has time enough to reload the rifle before all hell breaks loose.
A sudden burst of rifle-fire towards Atticus' hole confirms that his distraction has worked. Fortunatle, all of the shots miss. Two of the Milonian soldiers lunge with bayonets at Gaius. One is held away, but one sharp spear finds its mark. Gaius swings his sword, and the offending soldier cannot step back quick enough. He clutches his chest as blood streams from the mark left by Gaius' sword.

More shots; the ground around Sangius is peppered with bullets. Another shot rips into the exposed Atticus as more whistle by just wide. Eris and the pilot make it to Atticus' hole, taking cover as shots start being fired against them.
Ilane breaks the cover of her hole, charging across the battlefield to the ridge, but doesn't quite make it yet.

Shining blades materialize around Sangius as he shelters in the wreckage.
More gunfire; two shots hit Atticus hard, punching into the exposed soldier's stomach. A shot hits Ilane, but it dissolves into the grey shimmering of her protection field. The bear swings twice at the Milonian gunners, hitting once. The soldier bends double in pain as the claws scythe into it.

There is a roar of engines, and a Coalition Thunderbolt fighter drops into view from above. The autogun clatters as it dives towards Milonian emplacements, then a flickering orange shape drops into a Milonian hole. A pause, then a sudden explosion tears the hole apart. Two bodies are thrown clear of the sudden blaze.

Tillius pulls Augurius into Atticus' hole, still trying to keep the wounded man alive. There is no sign of Ulysis.
From behind, the shapes of more soldier can be seen coming from the Coaltion side. Gunshots ring out. A cry of pain follows the cracks of the guns from one of the Milonian holes.

Milonian Group 1 - All okay
Milonian Group 2 - Two on (-1), one disabled
Milonian Group 3 - All okay
Milonian Group 4 - One on (-1), two okay
Milonian Group 5 - One disabled, one on (-1), one okay
Milonian Group 6 - One on (-1), two disabled
Milonian Autogunners - All disabled

Sangius - (-2), in plane wreckage
Gaius - (-1), ridge 3 (One injury check at DC 16)
Atticus - (0), hole 6 (Two injury checks at DC 16, one at DC 17)
Eris - (-1), hole 6
Ilane - (0), midway to ridge 1

Mavian
2007-11-15, 04:04 PM
Fort Save[roll0] vs DC16 = Success

Muttering and cursing Gaius grunts again as he is hit yet again, "Come on lad, surely you and your buddies can hit harder than that. My grandma could whoop you two." Grinning he continues his battles with the Milonians in the trench.

"You hear that boys, I got reinforcements comin, so if your smart, you'd lay down your weapons and come quietly"

Exeson
2007-11-15, 05:09 PM
Free action at the begining of Atticus's turn: Sangius shouts to Atticus "Take cover you fool! Thats an ORDER!"

Sangius sees his under-officer get peppered by bullets are his brave but pointless and stupid act. He swears out load and, calculating all the options he decides on the best course of action. he makes some passes with his hands and mutters a few words and a quasi-real circlet appears around his head. he then leaps up from behind the wreckage, the hovering knives following him and pointing the way he looks. "You Filthy SCUM!!" He shouts in milon to the milonians at the top of his voice, trying to attract their attention. "Crawl into your holes and DIE!". one of the knives zooms off towards the milonians in the shell hole in front of the wreckage.

Right, casting Crown of Protection on Sangius, then doing the same thing as Atticus, shouting and stuff to draw their attention and their fire. If even one soldier fires at him as an immediate action he will discharge his crown of protection to gain a +4 bonus to AC for the round.

I almost forgot, as a free action I fire one of my knives at one of the milonians in hole 4.

To hit:1d20+9
Damage:1d6+1

Cloud of knives: 4 rounds
AC: 18 + 1 (or +4 if crown is discharged)

Selv
2007-11-15, 05:35 PM
First Fort after the 'Shoot at me!' debacle (1d20+5=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1375523) vs: 16
Second injury check (1d20+5=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1375525) vs: 16
Third injury check (1d20+4=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1375526) vs: 17

Result: 2 hits, bringing my Fort modifier to +3

Actions this round: drop back to prone, then shoot at any enemies with a reasonable line of sight, and reload.

While Eris and the pilot take cover, a bullet grazes Atticus' left hand but miraculously doesn't leave more than a burn mark. ((Ah, it's working.)) When the next hail of bullets hit him in the gut, he drops back into the shellhole.

Face white and hands shaking, he nevertheless manages a wan smile at the other inhabitants of the shellhole. "Don't have to tell me twice."

He shouts to Sangius "Taking cover, sir". Ignoring the stabbing pain in his belly, Atticus crawls rifle-first to regain a good firing position and looses a shot at the first Milonian helmet he sees.

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-16, 04:50 AM
"Hey. That was pretty swell of you Atticus. I'll remember that and once I get this pilot... err objective up to full health I'll fix you up for free."

Not sure how many charges he's used (one or four?) Eris spends another round patching up the pilot with his wand.

"So how are you feeling?" he asks kindly.

stimpius
2007-11-16, 06:19 AM
Ilane

"Eris, if that pilot is up, get him out of there! Take the miles with you, stabalise them and ill patch them up after we finish! I can't stop now. Mars be with you!

Atticus take and keep that cover! Don't expose yourself to another shot.

Sangius and Gaius you take your holes!"

She will finish the head long plunge over the ridge, full round to double move if needed, if i can make it and attack i will.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zafuel
2007-11-16, 03:12 PM
The Battle
The Fighter
The Coalition Thunderbolt loops back around, but whatever its pilot threw last time, he hasn't got any more. The autogun starts up, spraying razor sharp metal over one of the Milonian holes. The sole survivor of the explosion ducks into cover in the hole, and the rush of bullets doesn't touch him.
Aeolians
Four soldiers, one carrying the lighting bolt banner of the coalition, vault into Atticus' hole, followed by a duplicarius (sergeant).
"We found you sir! I've got fifteen of my best men with me. We'll show Milly what for!"

Atticus
As the soldiers pile into the hole, Atticus drops back down into cover and fires his rifle, but the shot is far wide of his target.
Milonians
As Ilane charges across the battleground towards the ridge, two shots ring out; but neither of the bullets passes anywhere near to the centurio. Both of Gaius’ assailants lunge again with bayonets, but their panicked attacks are easily turned aside by the huge soldier.
Gaius
Gaius strikes back, his sword slashing through the wounded Milonian’s tattered uniform, but as the Milonian steps back, he avoids the worst of the blow. The two start to back away slowly, clutching bayonets tightly.

More Battle
Aeolians
Hidden in the plane debris, Sangius finds himself joined by seven soldiers. Three take up gunning positions in the wreckage, training rifles on the Milonian holes, whilst the other four are preparing to try and advance a bit further.
Shots tear into the wreckage, but none come close to Sangius or the soldiers sheltering in the wreckage.
Milonians
As the bear takes a menacing lunge at the Milonians, two strike out with spear-headed rifles. One of the razor sharp blades cut into the bear’s flesh, and it bellows in pain and it pushes the other rifle away. As it tries to hold off the two, the third rams the bayonet hard into its chest. Blood streams from the wound as the bear fumbles around in pain. It is clearly badly wounded.

Aeolians
Another groups of Aeolians is taking up cover in the hole to the right of the plane.
Eris
A stream of light passes into the wounded pilot and some of his wounds recede noticeably.
He opens his mouth, and through hoarse vocal chords, he splutters out:

“Fine now, thanks to you. Feels like most of the air-fleet landed on my head though.”

Ilane
Ilane reaches the ridge, dropping down and swings her heavy flail at the first of the soldiers. The heavy metal end hits the soldier with a dull sound of breaking bones, and he drops backwards away from the centurio.

Sangius
Sangius calls attention to himself quite quickly, and as his knife spins away into the night, it doesn’t seem to have hit anything.

Milonian Group 2 - One on (-2), one on (-1), one disabled
Milonian Group 4 - One on (-1), two okay
Milonian Group 5 - One disabled, one on (-1), one okay

Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant) – All okay
Aeolan Group 2 (Three soldiers) – All okay
Aeolan Group 3 (Four soldiers) – All okay
Aeolan Group 4 (Four soldiers) – All okay
Bear - Disabled (ouch :( )

Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
Atticus - (-2), hole 6
Eris - (-1), hole 6
Ilane - (0), in ridge 1

Gaius isn’t having much luck killing these guys I’m afraid.

Every time I make one of these posts, it gets longer. Hmm...

stimpius
2007-11-16, 04:22 PM
Ilane

She calls out in Celestian;

"Thank you my friend I may have need of you in the future. For now return to your own plane and heal yourself!" [it was the last round anyway last round.]

If my understanding is right, i have dropped all of group 2.

Therefore time to turn on Group 1.

[roll0]
[roll1]

"Gauis! Finish that one off and move up into that hole my bear had!

Sangius swing north and east about 90 foot! Take those who have just turned up with you. Intercept and encounter the enemy there.

Atticus Eris and any other Aeolians COVERING FIRE!"

Zafuel
2007-11-16, 04:25 PM
{{Actually, there are two more members of group 2 left; one with a -2 save and one with a -1. And its group 3 behind that ridge, not group 1. Sorry if I was unclear. If you need to know who's who, check the spoiler boxes under my posts.}}

stimpius
2007-11-16, 04:26 PM
{{Eh ill go for anyone who is still up and functioning. :) }}

Mavian
2007-11-16, 04:32 PM
Grunting a response at Ilane's order, Gaius continues to play with the men he's fighting.

"Sorry boys, we're going to have to make this quick. Have to be heading out in a second, you heard the lady."

Grinning at them, he takes a step back before swinging.

Let's see if me rolling affects anything. Nope, Gaius is just unlucky I guess.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Exeson
2007-11-16, 05:27 PM
"Good, that move seemed to have bought us some time. Now, I understand you men want to get to the enemy?" he says with a few passing motions of his hands. There is a shimmering around him and the other four Aeolians, and they all seem invigorated and full of energy, their motions are also slightly blurred due to the speed of their movement.

"You Assault that shell hole in front of us, troops, Bayonets fixed. Show Milly what we got!" With that Sangius picks up the autogun for a second time. With a slight wince he wrenches back the cocking handle. As he does that one the knives hovering around his head shoots off towards the milonians Gaius is fighting.

Right, casting Haste (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm) on myself and the four other milonians who are moving forward. I then order them to stom hole 2 (milonian group 4). then a move action to pick up the autogun and get myself comfortable. Does the autogun give movement penalties cause its heavy?

Knife shot towards Milonian group 5 (the one on -1)
To hit: [roll0]

Sangius
AC: 19 + cover
Cloud of knives: 4 rounds
Haste: 5 rounds
+ 1 to reflex saves

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-17, 03:33 AM
"Awwwww, whad a cute little flyboy ace!" Eris pats the pilot (resisting the urge to hug the artifact) and grins back. "Yeah, just remember Centurion Ilane and her brave officers when you rejoin the great fleet in the sky!

He grabs the man by his collar and continues rushing him out of combat back to the lines proper.

Before this becomes an in-game problem I just want to note that I was given two set of orders. I suppose the latter would supercede the former, but Eris has a mind of his own that's kind of narrow.

Shouting back he gives the men in the hole a new set of orders.
"Decurion! Creeping (slow-moving, cautious, possibly prone) assault to adjoin withdrawal with Centurion!"

Selv
2007-11-17, 07:09 AM
"Ave, Duplicarius. Looks like the Centurion could use a hand. I think the range we're operating at is a little excessive. There's a range about 60 feet forward that is a charming little pied-a-terre. I think I'll try my luck from there."

Aware of, and nervous about, his technical violation of Ilane's order, Atticus nonetheless prepares to make the dash.

What language does an Aeolian drop into when he wants an ironical sophistication? Raen, maybe.

Double-move to Ridge 4, in any case, and take up a prone position thee (I assume rifles can be operated in that position? If not, kneeling.)

Zafuel
2007-11-17, 02:53 PM
The Battle

The Thunderbolt pulls up, banking around to come back for another pass.
Atticus breaks cover, and runs towards the ridge up ahead. At the duplicarius' signal, the five Aeolians follow suit and run, following the Immune onwards to to the ridge. The group reachs the ridge, dropping into cover behind the earth and lowering the banner.
Behind Gaius' ridge, one of the Milonians hangs back, gripping his rifle tightly, but his companion stabs out with his bayonet. Gaius steps back from the attack, turns the blade away and strikes back with his heavy sword. The soldier is lucky though, and he ducks under the blade that might well have severed his arm. As the soldier straigtens up, a blur of whirring steel rips into his chest from above.

In the debris the Aeolians hear their commander's orders, and creep forward in the wreckage cover to the edge. All seven open fire at the hole, but most of the shots pepper the edges of the ridge. One, however, hits a Milonian soldier dead on. He collapses backwards, but the wound doesn't seem to be enough to take him out of the fight alltogether.
The Milonians in the hole fire back. One Aeolian is hit, clutching his chest in agony as the bullet cuts through it. More Milonians open fire at the hole to the right of the plane, again wounding one.
The Aeolians from that hole return fire, but the bullets fail to find their targets thanks to the cover of the holes.

Eris, followed by the pilot, fall back away from the battle and back towards the trenches. As the two depart, Tilius, supporting Augurius on his shoulders, follows, limping back towards the relative safety of Aeolan trenches.
Ilane's flail hits the wounded Milonian hard, and he collapses backwards, clutching his chest, but he is still in the fight
A red-tinged heathaze spreads across the two Aeolan teams as Sangius prepares to make his run. A knife jumps clear, sailing over to the battle behind the ridge someway ahead.
Two of the Milonian soldier stab back at Ilane with bayonets, whilst one draws a revolver. Ilane easily turns aside the blades, and the revolver shot disintergrates in the shimmering protective field.

Milonian Group 2 - One on (-2), one on (-1), one disabled
Milonian Group 4 - Two on (-1), one okay
Milonian Group 5 - One disabled, one on (-2), one okay

Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant) – All okay
Aeolan Group 2 (Three soldiers) – One on (-1), two okay
Aeolan Group 3 (Four soldiers) – All okay
Aeolan Group 4 (Four soldiers) – All okay

Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
Atticus - (-2), ridge 4
Eris - (-1), heading back to the trench
Ilane - (0), ridge 1

Nice going guys; no injury checks for anyone!

Exeson
2007-11-17, 04:28 PM
Sangius quickly surveys the battlefield, noticing that the fighting, whilst still intense, is swinging in their favor. Another knife flies off towards the Milonians battling Gaius, zooming towards . "lets get going!" He shouts to the Hasted Aeolian me. "Assault the shell hole in front of us, once you have cleared them out move onto the Milonians hiding behind the ridge on the far left." Sangius himself drops the autogun ((Screw this, I can do more damage up close and personal)) He dashes after the men towards the hole. His movements blurred. Upon landing in the Hole he smiles slightly, "Good Day chaps," he says "wonderful weather for it" As he says this a bolt of fire explodes from his hand and slams into the already wounded soldier. the pearl set into his ring glows faintly as he fires off the spell.

Right, knife
To hit: 1d20+9
Damage:

Move action to get into hole 2 (where I am ordering the soldiers to move to, which they can make in one move action cause their movement speed is 60ft. so they can still attack milonian group 4.

Then standard action, once I am in the hole, I am firing a Kelgores fire bolt at any soldier that is not disabled or dying, if the soldiers wiped out all three men then I instead fire the bolt at the Milonian who is attacking Ilane with the revolver. Then I am re-preparing the firebolt with my pearl of power

Firebolt damage: [roll]5d6
Reflex for half damage DC 15

Sangius
Cloud of knives: 3 rounds
Haste: 4 rounds
+ 1 to reflex saves

EDIT: for some reason some of my rolls won't work and now that I went back and tried to edit the code to try to get it to work it is accusing me of cheating, and the rolls still don't work, *sigh*
Its back to good old invisible castle: Firebolt 5d6 = 22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1379573)
Knife to hit: 1d20+9 = 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1379579)

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-18, 05:37 AM
"You get a bit in front of me and I'll follow from behind. Shout for me if you need help and stay safe." Eris shouts to the pilot, muttering something about covering fire for the two miles and stepping another five feet forward before turning about and drawing his rifle. He fires once at any unconscious Milonian in his sight, hoping to kill.

rolls
(range unaccounted for)
to-hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-18, 05:39 AM
rolls
Critical Hit confirm: [roll0]
Critical hit damage: [roll1]

"HEY." he shouts back to the pilot.
"If you want to experience the joy of an infantry man for a stint I can toss you a pistol."
Eris is standing straight up, not taking cover. Possibly drawing attention to him mostly uninjured self on purpose to cover for the pilot and the others.

"CLEAR OUT THE ONES FAKING UNCONCIOUSNESS! LET NO MAN THAT DID NOT SURRENDER SURVIVE!" he screams to the nearest miles that just arrived. Perhaps it would intimidate the opposition. These fallen ones wouldn't become wounded in action and rejoin their comrades later, oh no. Too bad they didn't surrender.

Fortitude + Important Question Relevant to Fortitude
Fortitude: -1
My fortitude is currently -1 but I have the Monk Feat: Deflect Arrows
My prior question as to wheter I'd be allowed to instead 'deflect bullet' was not answered.
If this is the case I should be at vanilla injury modifier and be able to deflect one bullet this round and every round where I am aware of the attack/s.
I'm ok with it if it is not, but then I'd like to pick the other feat offered at monk level 2 instead if at all possible. Thanks.

Mavian
2007-11-18, 05:50 AM
Attack Roll:[roll0] Full out Power Attacking
If he drops one, he'll cleave at the next one.
Attack Roll: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
*Yep, yet again a number below 5. I'm just going to give up on rolling entirely.

"Hmm, not bad. But lets see how you deal with this."

Tightening his grip on his weapon, Gaius unleashes a massive attack at the Milonian infront of him, swinging with all the power of his massive frame.

Zafuel
2007-11-18, 03:53 PM
{{Could Selv post for this round? Thanks.}}

Selv
2007-11-18, 05:29 PM
Atticus is not confident of his ability toe-to-toe. From cover at the ridge, he tries to line up a shot at one of the Milonian groups not in melee. After the crack of the rifle, he slams another round into the breach and prepares to do so again.

Attack rolls (1d20+6=13, 1d12=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1380378) at Group 4 (if I'm not mistaken).

Zafuel
2007-11-19, 12:41 PM
{{Still waiting on Ilane}}

Exeson
2007-11-19, 12:44 PM
{{Still waiting on Ilane}}

The impatience...*shakes head, waggeles finger*

stimpius
2007-11-19, 12:46 PM
Ilane

"May the power of Mars compel you. To die! Oh and idiot with that revolver Mars protects me from petty bullets."

Swinging for whichever of the two trying to stab me look more injured.

[roll0]
[roll1]

{posty post}

And if any of the Miles are down - someone shout me, ill disengage these 2 ASAP.

Zafuel
2007-11-20, 12:59 PM
The Battle
Atticus, the Duplicarius and his squad open fire. The shots mostly hit the mud on the shell-hole lip, but one snakes through and hits a Milonian squarely in the chest. He is hurt, but not fatally, and clutches his rifle tightly as he fires back.
Two scything bayonets are lunged at Ilane, but she turns them aside with a deceptive grace.
As one Milonian lunges forward with his bayonet, the other scrambles for the edge of the hole, abandoning his companion to his fate. The bayonet misses, and Gaius swings down his sword in an arc of destruction, but the Milonian is able to avoid the heavy blade.

The four Aeolians break cover, the outlines blurred with speed, dropping down into the hole on top of the Milonians before they can react. Steel blades slice into the enemy soldiers; two manage to turn the sharp bayonets away in turn, one cries out in agony as a blade slices through his shoulder, and one falls backwards into the mud as his eyes glaze over. Three more Aeolians arrive, not gifted with Sangius speed, dropping down into the trench and raising bladed rifles at the enemy.
Seeing the carnage inflicted by the Aeolians, the Milonian soldiers from the farthest ridge break cover and head towards the battle.

Gunshots ring out at the Aeolians in the right shell hole, but the shots, tempered by terror, are wildly inaccurate. The Aeolians return fire; two shots hitting the sheltering enemy soldiers. One shouts out a garbled prayer in Milonian as he drops backwards into the mud, the other a curse and a groan of agony.
Eris and the pilot turn and start heading back towards the battle. A shot rings out from the rifle in Eris' hands; it is a master stroke of aiming, and halfway across the battlefield, a Milonian drops, not even knowing he was hit as he passes into the light. The pilot looks at the revolver in his hand, then removes a large metal pinecone shaped object from his pocket. It looks similar to the one that the Thunderbolt dropped.
"One left," he grins, "courtesy of the Pteron Legions. Does your commander need a hand?"

Ilane's flail rips into another Milonian, and he winces in agony.
The same red-tinged heat haze surrounds Sangius, just behind the Aeolian troops as he drops down into the shell hole. The flames leap at the wounded soldier, and for a moment, he stands as the fire consumes him, then his eyes glaze over and his body is swallowed up in blazing light.
Sangius' dagger leaps away with a mind of its own, slamming into one of the Milonians facing Gaius, and leaving a bloody trail across the man's uniform.

Sorry about the lateness of this round; took me a while to get my act together.

(1) Milonian Group 1 - One okay, two disabled
(2)Milonian Group 2 - Two on (-2), one disabled
(3)Milonian Group 3 - All okay
(2)Milonian Group 4 - One on (-2), one on (-1), one disabled
(2)Milonian Group 5 - One disabled, one on (-3), one fleeing
(1)Milonian Group 6 - One on (-1), two disabled
(0)Milonian Autogunners - All disabled

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant) – All okay
(3)Aeolan Group 2 (Three soldiers) – One on (-1), two okay
(4)Aeolan Group 3 (Four soldiers) – All okay
(4)Aeolan Group 4 (Four soldiers) – All okay

Sangius - (-2), in hole 2
Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
Atticus - (-2), ridge 4
Eris - (-1), with pilto
Ilane - (0), ridge 1

@Eris

Sorry, missed your question. I would prefer you to use the other feat, I think "deflect bullets" strains credibility somewhatt. :smallbiggrin: Sorry for not answering sooner.
I just feel that ignoring a bullet every round is going to be... insane, when you're not going to be hit by more than one at a time.

Exeson
2007-11-20, 04:57 PM
Sangius surveys the field as another of his knives subconsciously fly into one of the milonians next to him. He then assaults one of the Milonians still standing with his bayonet. "Keep at least two of them alive, tie them up so we can take them back for interrogation, get the important looking ones. As for the rest...Kill them all." He orders to then men around him.

Right, I shoot a knife at Milonian in my hole
To Hit: [roll0]

then I make a full Attack action to attack twice at any milonian still standing. I don't know how much damage a bayonet deals but it Do two attacks at +2

I will also cast Electronic vengeance on any milonian who wounds me (immediate action) which deals 2d8 +5 damage to whoever wounded me (with a melee attack)

Sangius
Cloud of knives: 2 rounds
Haste: 3 rounds
+ 1 to reflex saves

Mavian
2007-11-20, 05:07 PM
[roll0] Full out power attack
[roll1] That should've been 2d6+19, not 1d20. My mind has gone somewhere else it appears.

Gaius swings again at the nearest Milonian, praying to Mars that he'll manage to finally hit.

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-20, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the answer. Oh and Ilane? I just thought of something funny: 'The Power of Mars compels you bitch!' Lol. Just something I thought Ilane might shout at the Millies someday.

Eris taps the pilot with a third charge from his cure wand then moves to give him some cover. "Sure. I'm glad we are able to teach each other something, he grins. Up up and away!"

Selv
2007-11-21, 01:27 PM
Atticus grimaces as he shoulders the rifle. (Our centurion calls on Mars to help her overcome the Milonian invocations of Mars. Ha!) Distracted by his thoughts, the shot is poorly aimed and he struggles to reload.

1d20+6=8, 1d12=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1385543)

Zafuel
2007-11-22, 12:06 PM
{{Ilane?}}

Exeson
2007-11-22, 12:17 PM
{{Ilane?}}

The impatience...*shakes head, waggeles finger*

you are a very impatient girl, that's naughty. :P

Zafuel
2007-11-24, 05:18 AM
{{Since Stimpius hasn't posted, and I know pretty much what he's going to do, I guess I'll just post this round now. Sorry for the delay.}}

The Battle
Atticus opens fire, but his rifle shot is far wide. The Aeolians also let loose rifle fire, but they too are unable to find a hit. Finally, the Duplicarius aims, fires, and the bullet slams into one of the Milonians hard. The man screams in agony, then drops into the mud and ceases to move.
Two of the Milonians stab out at Ilane. The first bayonet is parried, but the second finds purchase, slicing into the centurion's guts.
As his companion flees, the last Milonian soldier fighting Gaius makes a desperate strike with his long bayonet. Pushing off of his rear leg, Gaius pushes the attack away and brings down his sword with all of his strength. The Milonian is ripped apart, dropping to the ground is a mess of stained mud and uniform.

The Aeolians pile into the trench, slashing out with morbid efficency into the enemy soldiers. The first bayonet slices through the soldier's neck, and his eyes glaze over as he drops into the muddy ground. Another plunges the bayonet into the Milonian's chest, and he collapses to the ground with a spluttered prayer. As the Aeolians fill the hole, none of the Milonian infantry remain.

The firefight to the right of the crashed pteros continues. The Milonian bullets fail to find their targets but as the Aeolians return fire; a single shot strikes the soldier in the shoulder. He grimaces in pain, but continues the fight.
The pilot, the revolver in one hand and the ignis charge in the other, sprints forwards, reaching the ridge where Atticus and the Aeolians are sheltering.
The last of the pilot's injuries dissolve with a burst of silvery light from Eris' wand.
There is a crack of bone as Ilane's flail strikes, and the Milonian doubles up in pain as he collapses to the ground.
Sangius swings his bayonet, but the soldiers have already been cut down by the Aeolian strikes. They are wounded and bleeding on the ground of the wet hole.

A very succesful round for everyone this time; the Milonian numbers are certainly dwindling.

(1)Milonian Group 2 - One on (-2), two disabled
(3)Milonian Group 3 - All okay
(0)Milonian Group 4 - All disabled
(0)Milonian Group 5 - Two disabled, one fleeing

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant) – All okay
(3)Aeolan Group 2 (Three soldiers) – One on (-1), two okay
(4)Aeolan Group 3 (Four soldiers) – All okay
(4)Aeolan Group 4 (Four soldiers) – All okay

Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
Atticus - (-2), ridge 4
Eris - (-1), with pilto
Ilane - (0), ridge 1 (Injury check, DC 16)

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-24, 07:05 AM
((Is the pilot fully healed now or did I heal myself that round?))

Zafuel
2007-11-24, 09:25 AM
((Sorry, I missed your actions. Corrected now. Yes, he's now fully healed.))

Selv
2007-11-24, 11:03 AM
Atticus unthinkingly attempts an awkward half-salute while still resting on his elbows and holding the rifle with both hands.
"Ave, Pteronaut. Is that what I think it is?"
He briefly describes who is in each shell-hole, to the best of his knowledge.
"How far can you throw that thing?"

Either way, Aticus will move forward to Hole 7. I imagine it's a Move action to stand, another to move, and a free action to take cover. If I've action left over, though, I'll take a snapshot at any Milonian I can see that is ot in melee- +6 to hit.

Exeson
2007-11-25, 03:08 AM
Sangius kicks a milonian who is still conscious, he then signals for the Aeolian soldiers in the shell hole with him to charge the ridge where the centurion is battling. He then turns to and shouts to Atticus "looks like we have them on the back foot! Get the men to secure the auto gun, engine and anything else that looks important! Eris - Don't let that Pilot die on us!" Sangius himself then runs to the ridge himself and attacks any milonians still standing.

move action to get to the ridge, standard action to attack.
Sangius
Cloud of knives: 1 rounds
Haste: 2 rounds
+ 1 to reflex saves

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-25, 04:03 AM
(Thanks)

"Heeee's fine! He's no momma's boy (I checked!). He knows a little danger does him well."

Eris fires his rifle twice, rapidly, reloading and refiring with incredible speed, not bothering with cover at all as he stands where he last was when the pilot produced his bomb.

*bang*
[roll0]
[roll1]
(20 actually, that's a +5)

"Say, I think you guys won this battle." he continues nonchalantly. "Remember to slaughter their wounded!"

*crack*
[roll2]
[roll3]

Eris' first priority are enemies targeting to flee, then enemies who are conscious and in the least cover possible except full cover and then enemies who are unconcious and in sight. (they should be easy to hit with 0 dex :P)

Exeson
2007-11-25, 04:23 AM
*snip*

Um... How can Eris fire twice if reloading is a move action?

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-25, 12:18 PM
(Combat Style: Ranged)
Rapid Reload: A move action to reload becomes a free action, or something like that. I think a full action to reload becomes a standard action (or maybe a move action? Nah, standard action.).

Exeson
2007-11-25, 12:20 PM
Ah!, how stupid of me not to remember that

Mavian
2007-11-26, 05:18 PM
Gaius

Gaius is going to charge Ridge 2, screaming like a madman.

I'll let you roll, as the board roller seems to hate me today.
Sorry bout the delay,

Zafuel
2007-11-27, 02:55 PM
The Battle

Atticus, the Pilot and the Aeolians
Atticus, accompanied by the pilot, rush forwards into the shell-hole a bit further ahead.

"It's an ignis charge, and not far," the pilot says as they run, "It's heavy. But I'd be more concerned with getting your commander out before I throw it in." He gives that lopsided grin again as they take cover.

As Atticus and the pilot take up cover in the hole, five Aeolians drop down and take up cover, preparing rifles for another shot. The duplicarius seeks out the Immune:

"We should be going, sir. Cato reckons Milly is going for a counterattack."

Ilane, Gaius and the Aeolians
A Milonian bayonet lunges out at Ilane, but it is parried with relative ease.
Even as the bodies of the Milonian team lie on the ground, Gaius pulls himself out of the hole and, pushing off powerful legs, throws himself at the next ridge. The furious cry rings out across the battlefield as he reaches the ridge.

One can almost hear the sound of heroic trumpets as the waves of Aeolan troops scale the ridge to join Ilane in the fight. A few of the bayonets are turned aside, but three cut into Milonian troops with a sickening ease. The first twists his face into a silent scream, baring the pain. Luck saves the second and he steps back, leaving only a scratch. But no such luck is present for the third; the devestatingly accurate bayonet takes its toll, and he collapses backwards into the mud.

Eris
Eris fires off two shots from his rifle, one is wide, but one cuts down the Milonian fleeing from Gaius' hole and he drops down hard into the mud.
The firefight to the right of the crashed plane continues. The last man in the hole manages to score a hit, but the Aeolan soldier holds out regardless.
Even as two Aeolan bullets hit the Milonian soldier, he reloads his rifle for another shot.

Ilane and Sangius
The wound in Ilane's side is grevious, but the brave centurion continues the fight regardless.
Ilane's flail swings around again, perhaps fortified by the sudden appearance of eight more Aeolan soldiers. The soldier hit by the flail stumbles, but raises his bayonet for the counterstrike.
Sangius swings his bayonet, but the soldiers have already been cut down by the Aeolian strikes. They are wounded and bleeding on the ground of the wet hole.

Sangius too, drops down along with Ilane and the Aeolians. He stabs out with his bayonet. The attack is a masterstroke of accuracy, and the Milonian is impaled completely as he dies, never seeing the flash of silver as the blade hit him.

(1)Milonian Group 2 - All disabled
(3)Milonian Group 3 - One on (-1), two okay

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant), All okay, hole 7
(3)Aeolan Group 2 (Three soldiers) – One on (-1), two okay, ridge 1
(4)Aeolan Group 3 (Four soldiers) – All okay, ridge 1
(4)Aeolan Group 4 (Four soldiers) – All okay, hole 4

Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
Atticus - (-2), hole 7
Eris - (-1), with pilto
Ilane - (-1), ridge 1

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-29, 04:23 AM
With maddening glee Eris takes aim and fires twice at any unconcious Milonians. He moves a step forward.

aim [roll0]
bullet pierces for [roll1]

aim [roll2]
bullet pierces for [roll3]

Selv
2007-11-29, 10:24 AM
"Very good, duplicarius. We're not here to fight a battle, after all."

Adjusting his voice to a shout, Atticus continues "Coalition! Withdraw! Ignis in hand! Counterattack anticipated!" (...and I hope I don't get court-martialled for trying to persuade a centurion to stop fighting.)

Adressing the pilot this time, "I have your dashboard notes, captain. Anything else left hereabouts that we ought to take home?"

Hoping to keep the Milonians in a state of fear, Atticus takes another shot at one of the distant Milonians not engaged in hand-to-hand fighting.

1d20+6=13, 1d12=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1397924)

Exeson
2007-11-29, 01:22 PM
Sangius orders his men "you herd him, grab two of the unconscious enemies as prisoners and retreat" He then turns to Ilane "Centurion, we better get moving or the counter attack will be costly." He then shouts over to Gaius "Get back to our trenches, Geminus vicis!" Sangius himself runs back, taking cover in a shell hole.

Right issuing the commands and then double moving to hole 7.

Sangius
Haste: 1 round
+ 1 to reflex saves

stimpius
2007-11-30, 06:17 AM
Ilane

{{Hi sorry for my serious lack of posting. It is not because I had forgotten about the thread but more because I was in hospital. I will spare you the details but i have had to have my apendix out as well as two blood transfusions and some form of electrode thing put into me (kinda like a pacemaker) after my heart stopped beating once. So if you would forgive me for the lack of posting im back hopefully good to play again. :) }}

Will post later - lesson shortly

Moechi_Vill
2007-11-30, 09:47 AM
*hugz Stimpius

Exeson
2007-11-30, 11:56 AM
((You're Back!! *Glomps*))

Zafuel
2007-11-30, 05:06 PM
Good to see you again Stimpius. :smallbiggrin:
Glad to know everyone's still playing. Next round will come ASAP, after Mavian has posted.

Mavian
2007-11-30, 05:53 PM
"Sorry Boy, but I guess I can't stay and play"

Bowing to the soldiers ahead of him, he's going to withdraw back to his previous location

stimpius
2007-11-30, 06:23 PM
Ilane

If there is any still up and in attackable range this round she will do that.

Otherwise

"Aeolians, FALL BACK! Orderly now."

On the off chance that there are the notes still in the aircraft she will grab them, then mutter a quick spell to mars and place herself under its effect.

Casting bears endurance

If we get out unmolested she will go around spontaneously casting CLW's on people and CM's if needed :)

Zafuel
2007-12-01, 12:36 PM
The Battle
As the Aeolians start preparing to fall back around him, Atticus lets loose another shot from his rifle, but it is far wide of the mark.

"I think we've got everything worth getting. We should probably destroy the engine block if we're not taking it."

Following their commander's example, the Aeolians open fire at the distant Milonian soldier as they prepare to head back towards friendly ground. The shots hit, but the two Milonians bite back the pain and continue the fighting regardless.

Gaius and the Aeolians
As Gaius skids round, charging back towards his previous position, a rifle shot slams into his back like a burning arrow.

Hearing Sangius' command, the Aeolians heave two of the Milonians upwards and climb back over the ridge.

Eris
Eris is like an angel of death, striding over the battlefield. A Milonian raises a shaky hand from the mud on the ground, even as Eris bullet slices into him and sends him backwards into the light.

The firefight near the pteros continues, the last Milonian being cut down by Aeolan bullets as they too prepare to fall back.

Ilane and Sangius
Ilane, now deprived of targets, mutters a prayer to her war god. A shimmering of light surrounds her as the spell takes its effect. She climbs back over the ridge, and starts to head back towards the friendly trenches.
Helping to support a wounded Milonian, Sangius sprints across to Atticus' hole, calling out his commands to any Aeolian that will listen.

Smaller round today, looks like everyone's headin' home.

(1)Milonian Group 2 - All disabled
(3)Milonian Group 3 - Two on (-1), one okay
(1)Milonian Group 6 - All disabled

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant), All okay, hole 7

Sangius - (-2), in hole 7
Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
Atticus - (-2), hole 7
Eris - (-1), on battlefield near to ridge 4
Ilane - (-1), ridge 1

Exeson
2007-12-01, 12:53 PM
Sangius shouts out to Atticus, "Do you need anything else from the Aeropteros or can I destroy it?" as he continues to retreat.

if Atticus replies yes then I will double move to hole 6 but if he doesn't need anything else I will make a single move to ridge 4 and then fire a Kelgore's fire bolt at the engine.

Sangius

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-02, 11:29 AM
"Hey! Where's my Pilot-bear? I don't think he's said anything for the last ten seconds. Look after him you sods!"
"Not you Centurion!! Didn't mean you!"

Eris chatters away as he grabs the nearest unconcious Milonian he can find, knowing his paladinhood to be safe as long as they don't verbally surrender. Those hands, hard to know what they meant. He starts making his way back to the friendly lines with the milly-toy.

Selv
2007-12-03, 09:59 AM
"Grab the autogun, if you can. Then let's blow it and go home."

If Sangius or any Aeolian is strugglign with weight, Atticus will stop to help them. Otherwise, he'll move back to wards the Aeolan lines. First one home makes the tea?

Mavian
2007-12-03, 11:04 AM
Fort Save : [roll0]

Gaius grunts as he is once again struck by a shot and muttering under his breath he continues his retreat towards the plane.

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-04, 10:52 AM
I might not have access for a week or more, but it is probably ok. I'm in Australia and going north.

"I'll make the tea Atticus. Milly 'aint got nothing on us except horrendous numbers!" Eris jumps from hole to hole backwards towards his own line, searching out his favorite card.

Zafuel
2007-12-06, 08:27 AM
The Battle
Atticus lopes over the battlefield, flanked by the Aeolians and the Duplicarius. They pass over the ridge, and nearly make it to the far back hole. The pilot, meanwhile, ducks into the wreckage of muslin wings and wooden struts, heaving the autogun up and planting the glowing orange charge in its place. He runs across the swampy ground as the orange glows rises. The sound is heard across the battlefield as the whole pteros is consumed in bright orange flame.

Gaius and the Aeolians
Gaius stumbles a bit as the bullet hits him, but continues nonetheless. He passes the plane wreckage as the pilot rolls clear and the ruined machine goes up in a rush of flame.
The Aeolian soldiers in the nearby hole are falling back as well now, reaching the hole on the same line as Atticus and the others.

Eris
As Atticus and the Aeolians trudge through the far back hole, they are joined by Eris, heaving a Milonian duplicarius under his arm.

Ilane and Sangius
Slightly miffed at losing the oppotunity to destroy the plane, Sangius joins Atticus and Eris in the far hole.

Ilane parries the lunges of Milonian bayonets and falls back, reaching a hole quite near to the pyre of the aeropteros.

Above
The prowling Thunderbolt loops round, but the drone of its engines is joined by another sound. From the Milonian side of the battlefield, two more planes, daubed with the broken diamond symbol of the Alliance have emerged.

The duplicarius whispers to the occupants of the hole:

"I'd feel a lot more comfortable in the trench, no?"

Kettle's on!

Right, Atticus, Sangius and Eris are in hole 6, along with most of the Aeolians, where they can make it back to the trench next turn.
Gaius is about level with the burning pteros (two rounds away), and Ilane is in hole 3 (three).

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant), All okay, hole 6 with Atticus

Sangius - (-2), in hole 6
Gaius - (-2), between burning plane wreckage and hole 4
Atticus - (-2), hole 6, nearly home
Eris - (-1), hole 6
Ilane - (-1), ridge 1

Exeson
2007-12-06, 11:57 AM
"Move it men, all of you get back to the trenchs NOW!, once you get back search those men and get them tied up nice and tight, no one is to harm or talk to them until I get back, understood?" Says Sangius, sounding a bit too happy. he motions to Atticus "Until The Centurian and I return you are in command, make sure my orders are carried out. I shall wait for Gaius and the Centurian" He then turns his attention to one of the Milonian planes. The is a spark and a flash of light as a flaming rock speeds from his hand towards one of the planes with abnormal accuracy.

Sangius
AC: 18 + cover

fireing a kelgores fire bolt at one of the milonian planes, targeting the engine
Damage: [roll0]. If the plane somehow gets a reflex save it is at DC 15
Then using a move action to drop prone in the hole to maxamise cover.

Selv
2007-12-06, 01:23 PM
Atticus salutes to conceal his relief at being ordered into cover. Despite the heat of the moment, his poker-face also conceals a spark of amusement at being told to search prisoners without touching them.

Exeson
2007-12-07, 10:51 AM
((Oh, you know what I meant, no one is to slap them arround, edited for your convenience. :smallannoyed: happy?:smalltongue: ))

stimpius
2007-12-08, 07:53 AM
Ilane

{{Sorry again computer died had to get it fixed not had internet access should be back to my usual one a day}}

"Atticus get those men back now!"

Watching Sangius take aim at one of the planes she decides on a different tactic.

Firstly she sends up a prayer and words of power to Mars and he blesses her with the protection of the spell.

{{Activating Magic Vestement}}

Then she will stand in the open and scream up to the skies,

"You can see me, come and get me!"

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-09, 02:19 AM
Eris

"Cool! Errr, hot rather. You're throwing fire at a plane." Eris smiles as the necromancer and continues carrying the Duplicarious back to the trenches with whatever miles he can conscript for the task.

Zafuel
2007-12-09, 06:31 AM
{{Good to see you again, Stimpius. Round coming as soon as Mavian posts.}}

Mavian
2007-12-09, 01:07 PM
Gaius is going stumble back towards the rest of the troops, moving as quickly as he can.

Zafuel
2007-12-10, 01:20 PM
The Trench
(Moving away from round-by-round action for everyone out of the fight at the moment.)

Atticus, Eris and the pilot both push their way through barbed way and lower themselves into the Aeolan trench.

A tired looking Immune looks up the officers' dugout.

"Good to see you, two. Immune Lycia Naevius Aquila." She frowns, noticing an absence of officers.

"Your centurion? Optio?"

Even as the two suboptios catch their breath, the remaining Aeolan soldiers wearily scale the ladder and head back to the milites dugout.
Gaius is trudging back towards home, where you can almost hear the whistle of a kettle through the smoky air. He reaches the trench, where he is greeted by Immune Aquila.

The Battleground

Ilane
A glow surrounds Ilane as another of Mars' blessings fortifies the soldier. The Centurion calls out her challenge to the skies.

Sangius
The arcane flaming stone lances upwards from Sangius towards the first of the Milonian planes. The rock just misses, but the fire ignites the blue-dyed muslin, cackling flames starting to consume the wing as the pilot banks around. Sangius drops down into cover as the flames start eating away at the enemy plane.

The Planes
Two white-blue shapes drop from the Milonian planes, even as the pilot tries to extinguish the flames creeping up the wing. One drops into the mud with no hint that anything has happened, but the others erupts in a sudden flash of energy. Shrapnel is blasted in all directions, slicing into Ilane. Most are deflecting by the Centurion's various defenses, but a couple strike deeply.
The Aeolan plane opens fire, the autogun rattling away, peppering the wings of the undamaged plane, but otherwise dealing very little damage.

Injury check for Ilane, please. DC 16.

Gaius - (-2), Atticus - (-2), Eris - (-1) - BAck at the Trench

Ilane - (-1), ridge 1
Sangius - (-2), in hole 6

Exeson
2007-12-11, 02:24 PM
Sangius pops his head up from the lip of the shell hole. "Centurian! I think we better get back to our lines, Maa'm" he shouts over before taking cover again, readying himself to leap out of the way in case more bombs are dropped or one of the planes decides to sweep the hole with its machine guns.

@Stimpius
Suggested course of action: get out of there. that is all. :smallsmile:

Mavian
2007-12-11, 03:37 PM
"The Centurion and Optio were late for the party, so it seems they've decided to dance a little bit longer ma'am, they should be here shortly."

Gaius says as he slumps against the wall of the trench

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-12, 03:17 AM
Eris

"Ah, she's like Athena's brother. She wants to take down the entire hostile aeroforce and army at the same time. We left a good number of soldiers to cover her retreat when she starts to feel poorly or vastly outnumbered. Personally I was busy taking care of recovering the primary objective, acting as the field cleric, taking prisoners, killing off the enemy wounded and my friend Atticus here was concentrating on getting all our officer's and men back alive! The necromancer and utilitarian focused on directing friendly troops. Anyway, I better go find some clerics to reinforce my wand! Oh, and this here is your pilot and one enemy duplicarius. I suppose you will organize their accomodations?"

"Thank you!" Eris throws the pilot a last smile.

He makes his way over to the command tent and relates the entire battle and what he just said to a superior officer but goes on...
"She's a good soldier, she kept the enemies off us with our strong friend but you should make any one of us leader rather than her. Like Atticus, he stays behind and thinks until it is time to act. The Necromancer shows a keen tactical mind. I myself would put the overall objectives over the pursuit of Mars' glory. Centurion Ilane does not keep her cool and consequently she veers of the main objectives immediately. She stormed the enemy and allowed her command to deteriorate to a narrow field of vision, ordering only fire support and general strategy barely within hearing range. She should have ordered another one of us to do what she did, allowing her to actually lead instead of forcing a makeshift network of command of operations over on her subordinates.
She is the best material for Optio I have ever seen in action and the worst Centurion."

stimpius
2007-12-12, 12:35 PM
Ilane

First off good thing i didn't hear that and can justify everything she did. So we'll go down that path when she gets back.

[roll0] (+2 from bears endurance (+4 con) - 1 from injury already sustained. ) DC16

"Come on Sangius, time to go home. We've bought the other's enough time, now I hope they got what they were coming for. Damn meetings."

With that she will turn and run (4x speed :D) Back to her own lines and trenches :)

Zafuel
2007-12-12, 02:46 PM
The Battlefield
Ilane is in full retreat now, back towards the safety of Aeolan trenches. Bombs erupt across the wrecked ground as the Centurion reaches the Suboptio, and the two head back to the trench
The sounds of sudden explosions can be heard in the officers' dugout as the bomber payloads are dropped over Aeolan trenches. The drone of Milonian Venator and Coalition Thunderbolt engines all blurs into one hum, rising and falling as they speed past.

Finally, as it starts to rain, they come into sight of the trenches. Home.

The Dugout
Aquila motions to one of her milites, who leads the Milonian duplicarius out of the dugout.

"Suboptio Fabius has taken your watch, Immune Vicio. I suggest you get some rest as soon as possible, all of you."

Immune Aquila turns to the pilot, looking a little worse for wear.

"You'll probably want to call your Legatus Caeli, let them know you made it back."

The pilot nods, and moves towards the teline connection.

Outside, there comes sounds of explosions and shaking as bombs hit the ground around the shelter.

She starts handing out clay mugs of a lukewarm vis.

"It'll help against the cold. Exactly what happened?"

Right, since we're out of combat for a bit, does anyone have any comments or criticisms about my DMing?

Exeson
2007-12-12, 05:34 PM
Sangius walks slowly into the dug out, holding his side where his bullet wound is. he will wait for Aquila to salute him before saluting back, as is proper decorum. He then nods over to the Centurion,
"I am Sangius Mens Volatilis, necromancer by trade, this is our Centurion Ilane - I suggest you get some medical attention for her pronto. I trust you have been informed of what took place? If not then one of my Suboptimos will write up the report for you.", Sangius's words are rather clipped, taking on a tone of authority, it is clear that he is in his element. He slowly leans against the wall.
"Now I understand we took two or three prisoners? I hope my orders were carried out. I wish to have the first crack at them myself," Turning to Ilane, "if that is alright with you Centurion?" without waiting for a reply he turns to Atticus,
"Now about that makeshift lab, how long will it take?"

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-12, 10:16 PM
(It's good. No time to post right now. I suppose Eris made his way to the officers in the meantime to relate his minor diatribe.)

Selv
2007-12-13, 01:02 PM
"Thanks, Aquila. May heaven smile on Suboptio Fabius, because I could do with a sit-down."

Atticus holds on to a mug of vis, breathing in the vapours thankfully. When Sangius begins speaking, in his best tones of authority, Atticus almost unconsciously straightens up and adopts a serious expression- somewhat incongruously, still holding the mug in his right hand.

"I managed to get some glassware, back in the dugout. The Aesculapian Sisters have more you might find useful, agar and ethanol, but they're short on supplies themselves and I wasn't sure what you'd want. I spoke to the matron, and if you've some money to spend they're telling an equipment order to HQ tomorrow."

Like the other soldiers, Atticus is looking around for someone who can attend to his wounds.

Zafuel
2007-12-14, 03:08 PM
One of the other soldiers is rumaging through his pack on the table. He eventually emerges with a field medical bag and gestures to Atticus. He removes a clay bottle recognisable as being sanens gel; a cure spell in external form.

"You'll want to get those treated, sir. I'll need to remove the bullet before using the sanens. If I banage it up tonight, it'll probably repair before the end of tomorow."

Hearing Sangius' comments about "taking a crack" at the prisoners-of-war, Aquila frowns.

"You'll have to talk to the Tribune about questioning the soldiers. They'll probably end up in Aiae pretty quickly to be honest. What sort of information were you looking for? "

As Ilane enters, Aquila looks up.

"Centurion! What the hell happened out there?"

stimpius
2007-12-14, 04:08 PM
Ilane

Running back into her own lines she takes one look up and down.

"Okay first off - take those medical kits away. We need these troops fighting fit and now. That can be used in emergencies - mine will replenish easier and faster than that. You there,"

she will point at the miles who got hit, "come over here." When he walks over she will place her hands on his wound - mutter a few words and watch as it heals over and the bullet is pushed out.

Then dropping spells to spontaneously cast she will do,

Sangius
Gauis
Atticus
Eris

for cure lights.

Then she'll drop all 5, 0 level spells (figured equiv of 2 -3 injuries if this isnt right your call.)

Then she'll do

If 2 - Sangius and herself.
If 3 - Sangius Gaius and herself.

"As to what happened, it was a sodding ambush. As myself and Sangius turned up, my other 3 officers you see here, were escorting the pilot of a downed areotropius back to our own lines. I bought them the time needed, and went for the back for the enemy groups, cutting off any quick runners they could send back to their own lines for support whilst our own support came. Then on the fallback, I hope someone grabbed the notes from the areotropius as was ordered. Two enemy planes turned up, and I ordered a full tactical withdrawl from our own men, as I stood to draw the planes fire. Whilst some may see this as a foolish thing to do, I had protective magics up which protected me better than any other of my officers could have hoped to have been protected. Sangius here took out one of the planes himself before we had to withdraw."

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-15, 07:18 AM
"Why thank you Centurion Ilane. Tis a merry day indeed, to be victorious is life!"

He could make a report later he supposed.

Selv
2007-12-15, 09:03 AM
Atticus pales when the medic mentions removing the bullet, and is positively green by the time it drops from forceps to pan with a metallic clang.

We've got the pilot's notes and, I'm glad to say, the pilot himself- nodding absently to the captain to acknowledge his rank- I lost track of Augurius and Ulysis in the fray. Did they get back?

Exeson
2007-12-15, 10:01 AM
Sangius grins wolfishly "Everything they know...and more, I am a scientist and scientists must run experiments". At Atticus's question he turns around to face the man "I'm more interested in where the Tribune who sent us into that ambush is." he says, "I have quite a few things to discuss with him."

Zafuel
2007-12-15, 05:24 PM
"Augurius and Ulysis did make it back, a few minutes before you did. Ulysis is on a watch soon, but Augurius will be in the dugout if you want to speak with him."

Aquila seems as if she's about to say something to Optio Sangius, then thinks better of it.

"Tribune Caepio is with the Legatus at the moment. I'm sure they are discussing something fairly similar, sir. If you-"

The Immune is interrupted as an Optio wearing Raen Pteron Legions uniform enters the dugout. He salutes to Ilane.

"Ma'am, I have the aerial surveillance of Milly trenches for you. Cato wants your officers to look over them before the big push next week. He starts laying the map out on the table. Now, here is your target on Milly's trenches..."

He breaks off, looking down at Gaius.

"Are you alright, Suboptio?"

XP For Everyone
- Everyone recieves 900 XP for defeating the two Milonian squads with Aeolan assistance.
- The pilot recieves a name: Gaius Aemillus Nepos.

Exeson
2007-12-16, 04:45 PM
Sangius grunts as his wounds are taken care of, his already pale face turning ashen white. He steadily gets to his feet, and moves oner to the map, "well then, show us man!" he says sounding impatient.

stimpius
2007-12-16, 05:42 PM
Ilane

After checking aroudn to make sure all the Mile's made it back safe and as many are healed as possible she will walk over to the map.

"Very well lets see it."

Then directing to the officers

"Boys ill outline hte plan as we go through the map."

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-18, 06:13 AM
Eris coddles the widdle flybear a bit further then gets him a cup of coffee.

"So Ace. What you seen in the skies of yesteryear? I hope you don't go through this every day!"

Mavian
2007-12-18, 12:59 PM
Gaius is going to look up blearily from the side of the trench were he'd managed to fall asleep.

"'m fine, Sir, just comin down of a battle high." He yawns and stretches, wincing when he moves against the bullet holes in his back. "Although I appear to have been shot at some point, wonder when that happened."

Zafuel
2007-12-18, 02:15 PM
"Some predicted that the artillery bombardment would prove catostrophicly ineffectual, others feared that the Avitus' famous cavalry assaults would appear again. But no-one anticipated what was to happen.
- Quintus Salvius, historian"

As the medics and Ilane continue to work to repair injuries, the Raen Pteron Legions officer continues to explain the plan.

"Currently, the Raen and Milonian fleets are engaged in an ongoing conflict in the Aeolan Gulf. One of the goals of this attack is to provide assistance to the Raen Navy in that battle."

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5b74943532.png

"Milonian ships in the Aeolan Gulf are based from three ports: Intonia, Hispae and a habour on the island of Saltorii. Once we've broken through the Milonian lines, the infantry will split into two attacks, one on Intonia and one on Hispae.
Your century will be part of the attack on Intonia, and will remain in the town following the battle."

He indicates the two arrows representing the infantry attacks.

"Meanwhile, the Raen Navy will be attacking the ships based in Saltorii Harbour. Without the three ports, the Milonian fleet will be forced to abandon the Battle of the Aeolan Gulf. If all goes well, we'll be in a strong position to take the rest of the Laerus region. From there..."
The pilot lets the sentence hanging, leaving the obvious ending to the imagination.

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-18, 03:06 PM
"Awwwww he's a good boy oh yes he is!" Eris hugs the pilot as he looks over the map.

"That sounds great." he says, letting go.
"Too bad about not being allowed to kill civilians." he muses.

"Aaah, I can always execute those who don't verbally surrender!"

"Of course..." he frowns.
"This might be harder for the ... rest." he gestures at the army behind them in the trenches generally. "It's up to us to massacre thousands if we are to win.."

"Hmmmmmrmmmm. I wonder how a century composed entirely of officers would work out. In a loose column formation!"

Exeson
2007-12-18, 04:49 PM
Sangius nods, "It seems tactically sound, I have no objections" he turns to Aquila "Now, I would like for someone to take me to Caepio, and I don't care if he is in a conference with Zeus himself"

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-19, 06:01 AM
"Loose column formations are great for charging enemy trenches." Eris sits down again.
"What do you think Centurion Ilane?" he asks expectantly, looking from her to the other superior officers.

Zafuel
2007-12-20, 10:06 AM
As the Pteron Legions officer starts folding the map away, the rest of the trench curators head for the dugout exit, just as Tribune Caepio enters, looking somewhat flustered.

"Is everybody alright? I heard what happened out there."

In the distance, you can still hear the air-battle going on above no-man's land.

Exeson
2007-12-20, 10:08 AM
Sangius salutes smartly, waiting for Ilane to speak first, as is her right as Centurion.

stimpius
2007-12-22, 06:51 PM
Ilane

"Im not sure of what happened to the couple of minutes prior to my own arrival, but from what I gather, one of our pilot's went down. My fellow officers here had reached the craft and rescued the pilot by my own arrival upon the scene, yet it was an ambush. The enemy were well set up and even had a machine gun ready for us, so drawing upon Mars's power I sent forth allies of our own to counter the enemy. For a few moments, the battle was pretty even. Myself and Sangius had turned up just as morale was about to break and held the craft. Notes were rescued and we were relieved by our own troops as well as destroying the enemy ambush for no fatal casulties amongst our own men. Then enemy flying craft turned up and threatened to overwhelm us. Holding Sangius with myself, I ordered a tacitcal withdrawl to save our men, and the main objective whilst we held off the craft and badly crippled one of them."

Finished Ilane will sag against a stool and sit heavily, as the last of the magics drain from her and her face becomes pinched and tight.

Exeson
2007-12-22, 07:25 PM
After Ilane finishes Sangius looks up, "So after we got ourselves out alive, I'm left wondering, how did the set up such a comprehensive ambush so quickly?" He sends a penetrating glare at Caepio

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-23, 12:06 AM
Eris

"Actually we were fine, but Madame Centurion reinforcing us and holding down the rear worked out splendidly - not that it was necessary for success, but it turned the engagement into a major decisive victory of tactical proportions.

Zafuel
2007-12-23, 05:15 PM
Caepio takes in the explanations with a grim expression, before turning to Sangius.

"We suspect it was a ploy to capture someone to interrogate without need for a raid. We're just lucky that they didn't manage to capture any of you; that would have been too much. I presume you've been briefed on the plan for the offensive? The artillery bombardment starts at first light tomorow. Are there any questions?"

Soonish, I think we should cut to the actual battle, unless anyone has anything they particularly want to do in the meantime. I don't have anything planned for the time in between.

Exeson
2007-12-23, 05:19 PM
"I have a few things I would like to discus" Sangius says as he rises "...In private"

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-24, 05:56 AM
"But basically I believe the actions were too offensive. Nope, no questions Sir."
"I would like to talk in private as well too." Eris finishes. He follows Caepio together with Sangius.

Zafuel
2007-12-25, 03:35 PM
Caepio
Caepio leads Optio Volatis and Suboptio Eris out of the dugout, and through into a empty supply trench.

"I see. And what did you want to speak to me about."

Trench
The night grows darker and colder as above, the air-battle draws to a close.

[[Is everyone okay with jumping to the Battle of Saltorii after Sangius and Eris have talked to Caepio?]]

stimpius
2007-12-25, 04:17 PM
Ilane

Feeling completley drained and fatigued, she will head for her sleeping station only pausing to nod at people on the way past.

((yeah im fine with a skip))

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-26, 01:52 AM
"I wanted to note that I think Ilane is too hotheaded to be a Centurion. Sangius, Atticus, myself, anyone else would be better. Someone who stays around to make sure the primary objectives are fulfilled without disaster rather then someone making sure the tactical victory is maximised." "That is all. Thank you for listening Caepio, Sir." Eris takes his leave.

((me too))

Exeson
2007-12-27, 06:02 AM
Sangius leans against the wall impassively and watches Eris leave. He then turns to Caepio, "Sir, as you must already know from reading my reports, I am a scientist, a Necromancer. I study the body and how it works, I was wondering, if you had finished interrogating the prisoners, if I may ...eh... borrow them indefinitely to carry out experiments. Trust me, I shall not breathe a word to anyone else, It will be our little secret. So, What do you say, Sir?

Zafuel
2007-12-27, 01:47 PM
Slowly, Caepio turns away from Sangius.

"Listen, Optio, I am well aware of your profession. Quite frankly what you are doing with the bodies of those departed disgusts me. Unfortunately, it seems powers higher than I disagree with me. Legatus Cato has given you a carte blance to do what the hell you want, under the condition that everything you learn be sent to Resurrection Corps. "

Caepio gives a long, slow sigh.

"However, the dear Legatus has also asked me to inform you of the predicament currently faced. The Aeolan Army officially neither endorses nor sanctions your activities. If anyone else finds out, we'll deny it. Your on your own, Optio."

[[Right, I guess we're jumping to the Battle of Saltorii when Selv gets back. Hold onto the your hats people!]]

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-28, 12:29 AM
[sweet]

((I hope we can make a difference there. :)))

Selv
2007-12-29, 12:23 PM
Atticus maintains an almost-straight face, but its clear that he finds Eris's manner with the pilot very strange. Before the Raenian optio leaves, Atticus greets him in his own language, hoping to share news and small talk about that country.

While the senior officers attend to whatever secrets they choose to indulge in, Atticus speaks with the enlisted men back in the dugout. Coming from an artisan family, he still felt more comfortable among men who were, in their civilian lives, cooks, or clerks, or carpenters. After a few hands of cards he retires, exhausted by the day's events.

In the hours before the next action, Atticus becomes increasingly observant of the domestic niceties. He shaves carefully and trims his moustache. He cleans and presses his uniform as well as possible in the perpetually damp, dirty trench. He checks, cleans and re-checks his kit. As the minutes tick down to going back on duty, he sits at his workdesk, toying absently with a half-assembled blasting cap, seeming to look right through it into the distance.

Exeson
2007-12-29, 12:28 PM
After his meeting with Caepio Sangius seems rather reserved. He disappears for over three days before returning. He is accompanied by an 'aid' named Lavitus. Lavitus is rather strange, covered from head to foot in cloth and materials he does not speak, and takes orders directly from Sangius.

Moechi_Vill
2007-12-30, 02:59 AM
Atticus maintains an almost-straight face, but its clear that he finds Eris's manner very strange. Before the Raenian optio leaves...
While the senior officers complain about each other...

(Only Sangius, Eris and the officer were present since Sangius and Eris specifically left with him to speak in private.)

Zafuel
2007-12-30, 10:37 AM
[[Good to have everybody back!]]

The Battle of Saltorii
It is a cold, crisp morning. A cold sun is just rising slowly above the horizon, illuminating the four islands outwards, and the vague outline of the Suraen coast can be made out. A faint damp hangs in the air from the rainfall the night before. Across the water, a strange cloud is appearing above Saltorii, thick and heavy. The steady pounding of the Coalition artillery can still be heard on this, the day of the attack.

The infantry attack is set to begin in less than two hours time as Ignis Century prepares for the advance.

Battle of Saltorii Objectives
- Capture the Milonian trenches.
- Take the port town of Intolia.

Exeson
2007-12-30, 01:38 PM
Sangius sits on a chair, watching the foot soldiers scurry around and playing Latranae against himself. whilst waiting for the rest of the officers to appear. Standing by his side is Lavitus.

Spell Selection

0 level
Acid splash
Flare x2
touch of fatigue x2

1st level
Mage armor
Kelgore's fire bolt x3
Cause fear

2nd level
Cloud of knives x2
Electric vengeance
Scare

3rd level
Haste
Invisibility Sphere
Ray of exhaustion

stimpius
2007-12-30, 05:53 PM
Ilane

Stepping old into the cold crisp morning she tightens the clasp of her cloak tighter around herself. Immaculate in the morning sun devoid of mud and grime from the trench she stands proud and watches the bombardment. Walking amongst the men she will calm any wavering fears and reassure them all about our guarenteed success upon the field of battle today.

Spotting Sangius playing Latarene with himself she walks over and leaning forward and whispering into his ear and his alone

"What do you think of that strange thick heavy cloud? It looks nothing like an ordinary one, and the Arcane is more your field of work. See what you can make of it."

Without a single glance at Lavitus she will stride down the lines talking to the men and any uncertainties they may have about todays assault, telling them where they will be going and showing them strategic strongpoints that may not be fully destroyed by friendly artillery.

Walking untill she finds a young private wearing a green armband of a runner she will stride up to him and say,

"Make sure someone has a tel line following me and the command team. If i need an artillery barrage i want it fast and so we can accomdate it and move as is needed. Now go ask someone and make sure i have one within a half hour!"

Walking back to where Sangius was stood she will stand and watch the artillery and wait for her fellow officers to turn up.

Selv
2008-01-01, 10:37 AM
"Fifteen years ago, I was building a sandcastle with my brother a few miles from here. That was just after they finished the Laerus railine. We were the first family on the street to go on a seaside holiday..."
Leaving his reverie, Atticus smiles a strange, forced smile and returns to the present.
"If the donkey rides are still there, we can all re-live our cavalry days."

Exeson
2008-01-01, 01:43 PM
Sangius gets up from his game. He slowly checks over the trench lip, muttering something to himself. After a while he steps back down and returns to his seat.

Spellcraft check :
Edit: Just re-read the rules an I just realized I can take ten, am I allowed to? if so I get a 24.

Also, in case it is non magical
Knowledge geography check : [roll]1d20+6

....odd, didn't work.

invisible castle
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1449099/

Zafuel
2008-01-01, 02:13 PM
The Cloud
Sangius examines the cloud for a time, but is forced to conclude that their is nothing arcane about it.

However, he remembers reading a treatise by Gaius Caecillius Secundus from the time when the Aeolan harbour was first built on the island. Gaius mentioned that a thick black cloud enveloped Saltorii for two days, halting construction.
Gaius concluded that the magical evcavation of the rock had caused the release of gas and soot, and notes that it was swiftly dispersed by the wind after the harbour excavation stopped.

The Runner
The runner salutes smartly as Centurion Ilane addressed him. Ilane has a vague recollection of the runner before; Private Adolvius Patrius Taberna.

He immediately heads back into one of the support trenches to talk to a technician.

Exeson
2008-01-01, 02:24 PM
Sangius turns to Ilane 'The cloud does not seem magical, but it hints towards the fact that the is some sort of construction or similar activity going on. Perhaps we could request a plane or three to check it out? I don't like it'

Note: lavitus's stats can be found in the notes section of Sangius's character sheet

stimpius
2008-01-01, 03:18 PM
Ilane

"Building something. Hmmmm.

Runner!"

Waiting for one to appear she will consider her options,

"I want a high altitude spy plane fast with cameras only to take visuals on that island over there. If we have some already and recent ones bring them to me now.

Sangius is there anything you can do or know of in the arcane world which will whip up winds to blow that cloud away. I know there is nothing that Mars can grant me yet that will."

[roll0]

If possible she will take 10 (or 20 time permitting) to try and fathom it out if this roll is below 12.

Exeson
2008-01-01, 03:42 PM
"unfortunately nothing that I could create without study. If memory serves correct as soon as the digging stops the cloud disperses pretty quickly." he frowns, opens his mouth as if to add more but shakes his head and walks over to Atticus and sits down next to him, he leans over and speaks to the man. "I suppose we're only foot soldiers, so our opinions don't matter much, but I don't like this one bit. My abilities are formidable but really is this how they chose to waste the lives of valuable officers? over the top to death, glory or whatever else awaits us?"

Mavian
2008-01-01, 03:54 PM
"It's the way us line soldiers were treated, why would they treat officers any different, your body will soak bullets just the same as mine."

Gaius snorts before making sure that all of the straps of his pack are tight, before picking up his rifle.

Bloody self-righteous noblemen.

"Not meaning any disrespect sir"

Exeson
2008-01-01, 04:02 PM
Sangius narrows his eyes, "Still a waste, I'll just make sure i run behind you."

Selv
2008-01-01, 05:21 PM
"I'm sure the General Staff are doing what they think best, Optio."

(And I don't fancy an insubordination charge. Tell it to your bloody Lavitus.)

Exeson
2008-01-01, 05:30 PM
"Atticus," the use of the man's name seems rather hard for Sangius, "I have seen the... battle plans, a child could create them,"

He turns to Lavitus who is standing faithfully at his shoulder.

"Fetch me some water, and fill up my canteen" He orders, holding out his empty canteen. "well, hop to it!" He says and snaps his fingers. Lavitus inclines his head and moves away with surprising speed.

Selv
2008-01-01, 07:38 PM
"Well, A child could say "Advance on the enemy in good order", but I assume the men behind big desks have, you know, maps and such. Assessments of strength. Maybe intercepted orders. I assume there's reasoning behind it all. They're not just playing continental conkers."

"I'll admit we don't know much about their processes, what with all this worry about secrecy. But if they weren't taking proper steps, then what would be the bloody point in it all?"

Atticus' rising tone, uncharacteristic language, and blatant non-sequitur all betray strong emotion barely suppressed.

Zafuel
2008-01-02, 03:11 PM
As the officers of the century argue, the milites are filing in along the back wall of the trench. In front of them, up against the trench wall, another group of soldiers are taking up their positions. They are wearing heavy greatcoats and hoods, deliberately obscuring their features, but a smell of fetid meat drifts across the trench.
Along the line, five new officers are handing out old bayoneted rifles to the assembled soldiers. One, his uniform marking him as Optio-Immune, walks over to Ilane.

"One half-century of Reortius' Auxilaries, centurion. They're all under your command, ma'am, but I'd advise issuing orders to one of those three."

He gestures at three of the Auxilaries.

"Clemens, Galipor and Marcus. The rest will follow their lead, so you can control the whole half-century through them. I'd advise letting them lead the charge, ma'am."

Exeson
2008-01-02, 03:27 PM
Sangius narrows his eyes, as if concentrating.

so thats why... and after that crap he gave to me they go and do this?

Zafuel
2008-01-05, 06:37 AM
"Ready!

The milites and the auxilaries both ready bayonetted rifles.

Across the water, the thick black fumes are still emanating from Saltorii as the final few seconds pass.

The whistles come, a shrill sound echoing across the trenches. The auxilaries are first, scrambling up the ladders and into no-man's land, even as the soldiers behind them swarm in to take their place at the ladders.

Across the gulf of the wasteland, the Milonian forces are hurrying to set up autoguns before the Aeolan troops get too close.

A large map with nearly everthing labelled and lettered is here.
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?eee9785163.png

Moechi_Vill
2008-01-05, 08:02 AM
Having only bothered with having his wands recharged and some alchemical fire procured the past days Eris is right behind Galipor, Marcus and Clemens. "TO GLORY!" He shouts, charging out towards hole J ahead of his foregone colleagues.

Yes. Eris is running out with the zombies. Ahead of them if he can. He wants to grab the enemies' attention, make them nervous or distract them (maybe even their artillery) and set himself up for a good sniping position before the auto-gunners finish their positions.

Exeson
2008-01-05, 08:42 AM
Sangius curses as Eris speeds over the top, "Fool, I have some spells to cast, stay in the shell hole ((Hole J))" he then turns to the rest of the officers, "Ma'am, I have some spells I wish to cast on us, if we could rendezvous in that shell hole ((hole J)) I can catch all of us in the range."

He then takes a ladder and scurries up it with surprising agility, followed closely by Lavitus.

Is it possible to assume that I had cast mage armour before the whistle went? If so I Double move to hole J.
If not I cast mage armour and single move to ridge G.

Initiative
Sangius = [roll0]
Lavitus = [roll1]

Selv
2008-01-05, 10:20 AM
"To bloody, bloody glory, then."

Initiative (1d20 7=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1452290/)

Atticus will also head for hole J, though for very different reasons than Eris'. if it's practical, he'll try to stay behind the auxiliaries, but his main goal is to get to cover as quickly as possible.

Moechi_Vill
2008-01-06, 02:23 AM
Foregone as in zombies of course, not you guys. To bloody, gory glory it is! That rhymes! wheee! Too bad about the spells btw., :( but they should last longer if we cast them later. I'm not sure when they'll start firing on us.

Eris tries to dodge any incoming artillery, but he doesn't bother much about small arms fire or automatic taking aim unless he notices they are massed.

stimpius
2008-01-15, 01:05 PM
Ilane

(This is assuming the teline is set up and ready.)

"Okay give them hell boys!

Clemes Galipor and Marcus you take your boys straight over the centre! Smash those autocannon teams in the middle before they can rip our men to shreds. Take those 2 gaps on the right and over-run that target as fast as you can. Eris go with them and keep them on their feet if you can.

Sangius Atticus and Gaius meet us in that hole."

She will point to Hole J.

Into the tee-line assuming its there

"Find your range and hit that centre target. Err more to the left than right boys."

Then she will stand up and with the rest of her fellow officers to Hole J.

[roll0]