PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the giant monsters: Godzilla Vs...

turkishproverb
2007-10-23, 02:29 AM
Ok, so, who would win a battle between Godzilla and Cthullhu?

kpenguin
2007-10-23, 02:39 AM
I don't want to break his spirit. Can someone please explain to him why a glorified radioactive lizard won't beat an Elder God?

turkishproverb
2007-10-23, 04:37 AM
I don't want to break his spirit. Can someone please explain to him why a glorified radioactive lizard won't beat an Elder God?

I don't know, they've tried everything to kill godzilla. Even time travel. :smalltongue:

Either way, I was half-joking. I've read lovecraft.

sikyon
2007-10-23, 08:45 AM
Godzilla ALWAYS wins!!!

Swordguy
2007-10-23, 08:51 AM
Godzilla ALWAYS wins!!!

Unfortunately, in physical conflict, so does Cthulhu.

My vote is that they end up as a giant-sized Odd Couple.

turkishproverb
2007-10-23, 06:11 PM
Unfortunately, in physical conflict, so does Cthulhu.

My vote is that they end up as a giant-sized Odd Couple.

But... but... which one's the neat freak?

gojira
2007-10-23, 08:25 PM
Dudes- GODZILLA!

Dryken
2007-10-24, 02:26 PM
Cthulhu would totally win. He'd physically manifest Godzilla's nightmares and Godzilla would end up killing himself as a result of Cthulhu's doings. Maybe he'll let out a last scream that is Godzilla-speak for "Oh my god, I can see forever!"

Now the TRUE epic battle. Godzilla vs. a giant Adam West. Who shall win???

Ossian
2007-10-24, 04:22 PM
Ftagh'n! ....ehm, sorry, I meant

F'TANGH!!!! Ai Hydra Ai Chtulhu, Chtulhu Ftaghn...

In R'lyehse "Oh LOOK! That is where my pet iguana was hiding...bad boy bad boy!!!" (beats Godzilla on the neck with a rolled newspaper)

O.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-10-24, 05:45 PM
Cthulhu's 'god' status is fuzzier than you think. If you ignore the non-Lovecraft organised Cthulhu mythos, which contradicted the character of Lovecraft's stories in a few ways; then Cthulhu could just be a very big alien, albiet one made from non-elemental matter.

Godzilla has a long track record of fighting very big, superpowerful aliens like King Ghidora and that thing with the chainsaw on its belly. Cthulhu also got taken out by being ramed with a Steamship, that wouldn't have hurt Godzilla, who can easily survive missiles and hi-tech lasers.

I'd say Godzilla has quite a good chance against Cthulhu.

DraPrime
2007-10-24, 08:57 PM
Cthulhu got beaten by a sailor ramming a boat into him. Godzilla has never bean beaten. But here's the catch, godzilla has no boat so he loses against a FRIGGIN GOD!

thubby
2007-10-24, 09:46 PM
small groups of extremely powerful midgets don't run around trying to slaughter godzilla, so he gets my vote

Ossian
2007-10-26, 02:47 AM
F'TAGHN! I had forgotten that nasty sailor boat....

Ossian.

PS
Isn't Chtulhu able to regenerate?

Mikeavelli
2007-10-26, 05:38 AM
It really depends on where they're fighting.

If they're in Japan, then Cthulhu is nothing more than an overglorified tentacle beast. He'll have his tentacles full with the giant mecha schoolgirl the japanese come up with in yet another attempt to capture and study Godzilla. Sure, Godzilla takes a beating, but he is the GOD of giant nuclear reptiles.

If they're in the west, however, Cthulhu is the ultimate cosmic horror, and Godzilla has been taken down by a freaking Bridge! That's right, don't pretend you don't remember that movie, he gets caught up in the brooklyn bridge, and shot to death with missiles.

Cthulhu doesn't get trapped by Bridges. Cthulhu eats bridges.

Jibar
2007-10-26, 05:53 AM
If they're in the west, however, Cthulhu is the ultimate cosmic horror, and Godzilla has been taken down by a freaking Bridge! That's right, don't pretend you don't remember that movie, he gets caught up in the brooklyn bridge, and shot to death with missiles.

Matthew Broderick did not kill Godzilla. He killed a big, dumb lizard. That was not the real Godzilla.

Live by the words of Xander.

Also: I seem to remember in the Call of C'Thulhu game there's a giant lizard modelled after Godzilla who is said to be more powerful than any of the other monsters, so much so that they all fear his awakening as we fear theirs.

Verruckt
2007-10-26, 06:34 AM
This is pretty simple, Godzilla rises from the sea, and begins to lay waste to (insert large population center here). Somewhere in the Atlantic the Hunter in the Shadows breaks the Elder Sign in his abyssal prison and rises from the deeps, signaling the end of the age of man. Godzilla must now (as per the 2nd ed stats) make a save against insanity or, well, go insane. Now I don't pretend to know a whole lot about radioactive geckos, but I'm willing to bet that his will save ain't that high, so Cthulhu rises, Godzilla goes insane and eats his own foot.

Cthulhu 1, Sentient Life 0

Googlywirdo
2007-10-26, 10:26 AM
Cthulhu would win all the way, Godzilla doesnt stand a chance :smallcool:

Verruckt
2007-10-26, 06:28 PM
Okay, I think we've reached a consensus but to be fair Godzilla is kinda under Cthulhu's League. I propose the following: Godzilla vs. The StayPuff Marshmallow Man as per his appearance in Ghost Busters. Who will it be, The Radioactive Terror of Tokyo, Or the incarnation of evil in this plane, taking the form of a 100 foot humanoid confection?

turkishproverb
2007-10-27, 12:21 AM
Okay, I think we've reached a consensus but to be fair Godzilla is kinda under Cthulhu's League. I propose the following: Godzilla vs. The StayPuff Marshmallow Man as per his appearance in Ghost Busters. Who will it be, The Radioactive Terror of Tokyo, Or the incarnation of evil in this plane, taking the form of a 100 foot humanoid confection?

I don't see a consensus. several peole have said godzilla.

as to your challenge, I have to ask, in addition to his breath, does godzilla get a giant grahm cracker an chocolate bar? :smallwink:

Icewalker
2007-10-27, 12:51 AM
Easy enough: And the winner is! (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Godzilla&word2=Cthulhu)

Looks like Godzilla wins, although barely.

Ossian
2007-10-27, 03:30 AM
That depends on the writer.
Chtulhu? Early XX century narrative by men of letters and literature.
Godzilla? Inoshiro Honda (I guess...)
Have you seen what happens to ANY "western" character/monster/story setting when it gets re-written by Nippon?

Now, place Chtulhu in the hands of a japanese horror manga screenwriter.

Scary....scary...scary.....

O.

Verruckt
2007-10-27, 01:41 PM
Now, place Chtulhu in the hands of a japanese horror manga screenwriter.

Scary....scary...scary.....

O.

definetly agreed, *starts remembering paranoia agent* *cries* *remembers uzamaki (manga)* *turns into snail*

DivineBriliance
2007-10-27, 10:37 PM
Well..... does Godzilla have a intelligence higher then 1? no hes a animal he doesn't have a good imagination, or GREAT fears and if he had a worst nightmare it would be no more things to destroy..... which couldn't happen with Cthullhu right infront of him or even any matter at all. and him going insane wouldn't stop his mass destruction spree, he couldn't kill himself or eat his foot his body doesn't work that way. so he would continue to destroy possibly killing Cthullhu, just in a different state of mind and way of destruction and killing.

bosssmiley
2007-10-28, 06:39 AM
Matthew Broderick did not kill Godzilla.

That's right. That had to call in Leon (sans Natalie Portman, but plus comic foreigner Frenchy sidekicks) to kill GINO. The Americans should have built a giant Mecha-Elvis (preferably voiced by Bruce Campbell) if they wanted to take down GINO without French help.

Eggy would have made Godzilla movie better. :smallcool:

As for Gojira vs. Cthulhu. I think Verrukt had the right of it above. Big G stomps your city (probably looking for booze and emos to kick (http://neomonsterisland.com/tktarkv/vol3/025/1208/1.html)), while Cthulhu awakens from his nap, looks about in distaste and proceeds to squish everything cute (http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/?date=2003-11-30). They both start by whomping on Tokyo though.

Over 100 feet tall + green = hates Tokyo. It's, like, a rule or something. :smallbiggrin:

Hannes
2007-10-28, 07:03 AM
Easy enough: And the winner is! (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Godzilla&word2=Cthulhu)

Looks like Godzilla wins, although barely.

Well, but Cthulhu is cooler! And is psionic! And is a nightmare!

Also, Godzilla might pwn Cthulhu, but I pwn y00! Owned! (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Hannes&word2=Icewalker)
Disclaimer:This is not supposed to mean anything insultive, I just... Thought it would be funny. Sorry if I offended.