PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer Spells

Skjaldbakka
2007-10-24, 03:59 AM
I am about to attain my 5th sorcerer level, and was wanting some input on my spell selection (I get a 1st and a 2nd level spell known this level).

I am going for Palemaster, and there are no clerics or wizards in the setting.

My current spell list:
Some level 0 spells (not really important enough to list out)
1st level spells: Ray of Enfeeblement, Charm Person, Parching Touch (from Sandstorm)
2nd level spells: Glitterdust

By 6th level, I have to have Command Undead and Vampiric Touch, so whatever I take this level for a second level spell I'll only be keeping for 1 level, before I switch to Command Undead to meet prereqs.

I was thinking about taking Blood Wind and Invisibility.

I have a question on Blood Wind.

Can you deliver touch range spells with this spell? You do have the option of delivering a touch spell with an unarmed strike or natural weapon, instead of touch, but does that work with Blood Wind?

I may be calling Blood Wind by the wrong name, btw. It is the spell that makes a natural weapon a ranged weapon with an increment of 20ft.

Dhavaer
2007-10-24, 04:08 AM
I can't answer the questions, but you're right about the spell name.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-10-24, 04:28 AM
I have a question on Blood Wind.

Can you deliver touch range spells with this spell? You do have the option of delivering a touch spell with an unarmed strike or natural weapon, instead of touch, but does that work with Blood Wind?

I may be calling Blood Wind by the wrong name, btw. It is the spell that makes a natural weapon a ranged weapon with an increment of 20ft.

Blood Wind is originally from Savage Species (and updated in Spell Compendium).

The Spell Compendium text makes it clear that you can deliver your touch attacks at range if you are holding the charge.

... the result of the attack affects a target within range.

Three is no requirement that you make a melee touch attack to deliver a spell, just that you make the attack with a natural weapon.

I am not sure about the RAI on this for Blood Wind though. :smallamused: