PDA

View Full Version : Negative energy healing (spell)

Alex12
2007-10-27, 06:10 PM
Negative Energy Healing
Clr 1, Death 1
Negative energy is not inherently evil (though some believe otherwise), and can be put to use for healing, as well as harming. By using Negative energy to temporarily animate and control dead tissue, a cleric can force them to leave the body and even to disinfect the area, allowing natural healing to progress more rapidly.
When used on a living creature, the next period of natural healing it undergoes heals double the amount it normally would. If used on an undead creature, it instead acts as Inflict Light Wounds would.

Mr.Moron
2007-10-27, 06:35 PM
Well, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the flavor of the spell, but it's hardly anything that'd rock the boat too hard mechanically. Anyway I hope you don't mind, I've taken the liberty of putting the spell into a more standard format.

Negative Energy Healing
Necromancy
Level: Clr 1, Death 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
"Negative Energy is not inherently evil, despite what some may think. With the proper technique it can be put to use healing. By using negative energy to animate and force out dead flesh, you can disinfect the area allowing natural healing to progress more quickly."
When used on a living creature, the next period of natural healing it undergoes heals double the amount it normally would.

If used on an undead creature, it instead acts as Inflict Light Wounds (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/inflictLightWounds.htm) would.

DanielLC
2007-10-27, 06:58 PM
Negative energy is not inherently evil (though some believe otherwise), and can be put to use for healing, as well as harming.

Are you implying that harming is inherently evil? I'd like to see a good adventurer whe believes that.

Why does it damage undead?

Alex12
2007-10-27, 07:03 PM
Are you implying that harming is inherently evil? I'd like to see a good adventurer whe believes that.

Why does it damage undead?

No, just that a lot of people think that harming, and more specifically negative energy, is evil. As I said, there's no reason it has to be.

And it doesn't damage undead, ILW heals undead, just like CLW damages them

Mr.Moron
2007-10-27, 07:07 PM
And it doesn't damage undead, ILW heals undead, just like CLW damages them

That probably was a result of my mistake, I misread the spell when I was trying to re-write it in the standard format. I've since correct the mistake.

Xuincherguixe
2007-10-28, 01:11 AM
I'm not quite sure I like the idea of the temporary undead animation thing. But that's just me. Interesting idea mind you.

Specifically targeting parts of the body, or disease and killing them with Negative Energy maybe?

Uses of Negative Energy that aren't atrocity are always a good thing.

Maldraugedhen
2007-10-28, 01:13 PM
This strikes me as cantrip level. CLW is level 1, and seems like it would pretty much always be preferable over this.

Also, isn't scar tissue dead tissue?