PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Radio

Icewalker
2007-10-29, 08:16 PM
I'd like to show everybody an awesome website for anyone who listens to music.

Pandora Radio (www.pandora.com).

This is part of the 'Music Genome' project, which I've never heard of. Basically, it is a website where you pick a song, or artist, and it makes you a station. First it plays a song from the group, then it plays a song which is of a similar kind. It is an awesome way to find new music. Also, you can rate everything on your station yes or no, and that helps determine what the station will play.

You can create different stations for your different interests.

Catch
2007-10-29, 09:07 PM
Ooh, good stuff. One of my friends got me into Pandora a while ago and it's great for finding music that you like, yet have never heard before.

Last.fm (www.last.fm/) is similar, but has more of a social element and gives you charts for your listening habits. Plus it lets you make recently played sigs like this one.

Hoggy
2007-10-30, 07:15 PM
I was on it... about 2, maybe 3 years ago. Can't remember. It was rather good though. Is it still meant to be america-only?

MostlyHarmless
2007-10-31, 01:31 PM
Not sure if they've branched out beyond America but I used to listen to it a lot. It was really neat/odd/quirky how I'd start out listening to some prog rock song or something and wind up listening to AC/DC. Somewhere along the path of giving positive feedback I must have morphed my preferences.

And it was always interesting to find obscure stuff that I really liked but had never even heard of the band before.

Icewalker
2007-11-01, 01:48 AM
Yeah, I've already gotten a good new group out of it. Putting in Three Days Grace for the general heavier rock type thing, it gave me Breaking Benjamin, which is quite excellent.