PDA

View Full Version : Are you also clicking Refresh like mad?

Kdansky
2007-10-31, 03:45 AM
Well, I am. I cannot wait for 500, I'm checking every 15 minutes now... It *might* come up soon. Or not. Why, oh why does the strip have to be on a not so regular (but still kinda regular) schedule? (Yes, I know the reason, it's a rethorical question).

Setra
2007-10-31, 03:47 AM
Not really.. who knows when it will come up.. I check all of my comics twice a day.

Querzis
2007-10-31, 03:52 AM
I have been checking about every 15 minutes too but I'm watching anime at the same time so its not like I'm doing just that. I'm probably gonna play Warcraft 3 after that too so I guess I wont check it for about 2 or 3 hours.
Sure I cant wait to read it but I'm still gonna be able to read it in 2 or 3 hours.

Max_Sinister
2007-10-31, 04:50 AM
Don't overdo it, more traffic means more costs for the Giant, and less chances for all of us to see the strip when it's actually there.

Three times a day should be enough.

Ceaon
2007-10-31, 05:03 AM
Patience, my friend.
Click Refresh every few minutes and the comic won't be up for a few minutes more.

Migodnar
2007-10-31, 06:57 AM
Patience, my friend.
Click Refresh every few minutes and the comic won't be up for a few minutes more.

Wow, that's scary...better stop then.

Kdansky
2007-10-31, 07:09 AM
Don't overdo it, more traffic means more costs for the Giant, and less chances for all of us to see the strip when it's actually there.

Three times a day should be enough.
I know. But knowledge does not make one more sensible. That's Int and Wis. I'd be a good Wizard, but a terrible Cleric :) Still, Rogue and Fighter is even worse for me. I might make bard. :)

Lord Herman
2007-10-31, 07:24 AM
Besides, when browsing the forum, you can just look if the name of the comic in the navigation menu has changed.

Wolfie_1066
2007-10-31, 07:49 AM
Besides, when browsing the forum, you can just look if the name of the comic in the navigation menu has changed.

thats exactly what i do :smallsmile: the giant i think will either put the comic up late tonight (holiday comic) or early tomarrow (due to spending holloween with his family) so i would'nt keep checking today although keep your eye open, just in case :smallwink:

WoDHells
2007-10-31, 08:21 AM
I use the RSS feed, and I check the reader several times per day (I have many sites set up with the rss reader, so..)..

And I can't wait either.
:smallfrown:

Solo
2007-10-31, 09:01 AM
Well, I am. I cannot wait for 500, I'm checking every 15 minutes now... It *might* come up soon. Or not. Why, oh why does the strip have to be on a not so regular (but still kinda regular) schedule? (Yes, I know the reason, it's a rethorical question).

This is madness!

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-10-31, 09:07 AM

I know what you mean. I can't wait for #500 myself. I hope it comes up today. I'm dying to see what's happened to Elan and the others! I hope he and Haley are reunited soon.

factotum
2007-10-31, 09:09 AM
I don't sit hitting Refresh, no. If there's a new comic when I pop in to check the forums, all to the good; if there isn't, no big problem.

Rawhide
2007-10-31, 09:29 AM

Please don't. Seriously. This kind of refreshing is not helpful to the server load or the bandwidth issues.

Thanks
The Hairy Modfather