PDA

View Full Version : Stone of Purification

LongVin
2007-10-31, 09:55 AM
Stone of Purification

This white oval stone appears flat, smooth and plain but is enchanted with powerful magic designed to neutalize poison. When placed in a room or body of water and the command word activated it will absorb all the poison in a 10x10 area. The stone will grow darker and darker until all the poison is removed or until the stone is pure black. The stone can be reused as many times as needed until completely black.

Moderate Conjuration. CL 9th. Craft Wondrous Item, Neutralize Poison. 3,000 gp.

-------------------------

This is the first time I have ever created a truly homebrewed item. Did I do it right? The only thing I am slight confused about is how to come about the price.

DracoDei
2007-10-31, 10:07 AM
Price is always hard to figure...
Looks good to me for the most part.
How much poison does it take to turn it totally black?

LongVin
2007-10-31, 10:12 AM
what it would take to fill a 10x10 room. Should I make that more clear in the description?

DracoDei
2007-10-31, 10:23 AM
Umm... YES! Given the amounts that poison generally occurs in that is basically unlimited... which actually means that you now know what the formula for the price should be in theory (at least to within about an order of magnitude)...
Neutralize Poison-at Will... then increase it by... I dunno 20% on top of that since it can affect multiple targets with a single activation. It DOES work even out in the open, and affect poison currently in creature's bodies?

ACK! forgot it wouldn't give continuing immunity to poison like the spell does... so halve the price or something...

Hey, I SAID getting prices right could be tricky...

LongVin
2007-10-31, 11:46 AM
hmmm how about...

Subtract eleven(minus total number of uses) from the CR rating of the trap to discern how many uses the Stone of Purification has. If used against a spell subtract 10(minus total number of uses) from the casters level.