PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a Warhammer 40k D&D 3.5 Conversion?

Mr. Friendly
2007-10-31, 05:58 PM
If so, could someone point me to it, if not, let's make one.

I know the 40k RPG will be out next year, but I can't wait til then and I am thinking of trying to run a 40k as D&D game to lure my players into trying the 40k RPG.

Eruenno
2007-10-31, 06:07 PM
Well I think that you should go for Star Wars RPG system and edit it a bit... but it's much closer then D&D...

Partysan
2007-10-31, 06:21 PM
It is quite easy to convert the Inquisitor game into a simple Pen&Paper system. My group has done that and it works fine if you don't try to break it too much. (the Inquisitor core rulebook is free and available somewhere at the site of games workshop).
I could try to send you our rule conversion system, but I'd have to translate it from german into english first^^

Mr. Friendly
2007-11-01, 07:24 AM
Valid points, but I want to stick with D&D, as my group are pretty much die-hard D&Ders. I am sure they would enjoy the 40k universe and might even be willing to make the switch to the 40k game system if they get into it enough.

My basic plan is to set up a low tech world, basically a feral or medieval world or lost colony. I'm not even planning on telling them it is 40k til it is too late. If done right, I don't think they will even notice the difference.

Concept is a small world divided by years of internacine warfare. Most places are pretty savage but there are "magic items" (Chainswords, Power Fists, etc.) some of which are built a misunderstood AdMech SDC.

Most of the action would center on low tech hummies vs. feral orks and maybe some eldar, leading up to chaos backing a human faction to overthrow the current order and trying to make it a chaos world. Eventually space marines arrive (campaign climax) and full on Chaos vs. SM battle takes place with the surviving proxy armies of both sides desperately fighting for their lives.

After that the PCs would eventually have picked a side (Chaos or Imperium) and would go on to become either Imperial Guard or Lost and the Damned. Though I suppose if they are going in a more neutral good/neutral route they could get scooped up by the Tau.

Manticorkscrew
2007-11-01, 07:47 AM
That sounds really cool, Mr. Friendly. There are plenty of savage and feudal worlds in the Imperium where that would work. You could have all sorts of savage beasts and monsters as well as more traditional 40K enemies. Duplicitous. I like it.

Nostri
2007-11-01, 09:46 AM
That sounds really cool. I'd say use d20 modern as a base and go from there. There's already rules for psionics in the main book and if you get d20 Future there are rules for things similar to those fun suits of battle armor that the Space Marines run about in.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-01, 11:42 PM
You want something like this (http://www.geocities.com/skrittiblak/), perhaps?

Mr. Friendly
2007-11-02, 06:20 AM
You want something like this (http://www.geocities.com/skrittiblak/), perhaps?

Yes. Yes I do.

May the Emperor bless you.

:smallbiggrin: