Level: Clr 6, Drd 6, Brd 6, Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch or personal.
Target: One non-Evil creature.
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: None (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

By means of this prayer, ritual, trance, song or formula you can call upon one of the departed souls of the just to bolster and defend those still on the mortal coil. The disembodied soul invoked protects his or her charge granting the recipient a +4 sacred bonus to armor class and saving throws. The soul invoked can also aid (http://srd.pbemnexus.com/skills.html) the spell's recipient with any check involving a skill the assisting soul possesses. The recipient of this spell also receives fast healing 3 for the duration of the spell. The spirit called must be willing or the spell will fail.

Arcane or Divine Focus: An article of clothing, other personal item or bone relic of a dead creature of Good alignment.

Is this in any way balanced, underpowered or overpowered?

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-02, 10:35 PM
I had originally planned this spell for either October 31st or November 1st.
That was due to the fact that Halloween comes from "All Hollows Eve" or "All Saints Night." November 1st is All Saints Day or All Hollows Day in the Roman Catholic Church.

DracoDei
2007-11-03, 01:03 AM
From what little I can tell it looks good...
For flavor I recommend you make it "Will Negates(Harmless)"... that way people who object to it (for whatever silly reason) can resist it...
I would also make it Drd 7... Druids don't hold as much sway over the spirits of the dead as clerics.

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-03, 08:03 PM
I would also make it Drd 7... Druids don't hold as much sway over the spirits of the dead as clerics.

I can't guaranty that I'll follow your suggestion but I will consider it.

Mr.Moron
2007-11-03, 08:23 PM
As a good spell dealing with spirits, I think there should be something in there about the spirit being able to refuse. Of course good spirits generally like to help, but forcing one that is unwilling (for whatever reason) doesn't strike me as [Good]. Even if it's only fluff, there should be something about the spirit's free will.

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-03, 08:32 PM
As a good spell dealing with spirits, I think there should be something in there about the spirit being able to refuse. Of course good spirits generally like to help, but forcing one that is unwilling (for whatever reason) doesn't strike me as [Good]. Even if it's only fluff, there should be something about the spirit's free will.

I modified the flavor text a bit so only willing spirits can be called. This spell can also be used to explain why even Good-aligned necromancers possess from humanoids or other sentient creatures. You could even have Good-aligned or even Exalted necromancers who will their clothing, staff and bones to their former students so they can always keep in touch after the necromancer's death.

AstralFire
2007-11-03, 08:33 PM
Seems good to me. I like. *thumbs up*