PDA

View Full Version : Site Suggestion: Avatar Style Idea

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-03, 11:36 AM
Can't you add a feature to this website like they did on the simpsonsmovie.com, where you "design" your own stick avatar?

I think it'd be somewhat easy to create :D

You make a bunch of body types, different hair types, facial expressions, weapons (sheathed and unsheathed), and have a color pallete. Each one would be a .gif with transparency so they overlay as the person choses them.

Then the program finalizes the picture by overlaying the .gifs and emails it!

OR

If you can't do that:

how about making a website that has links to partially trasnparent images and people can copy each image, save it, and make their own stick figure in their personal paint program!

BRC
2007-11-03, 11:38 AM
Can't you add a feature to this website like they did on the simpsonsmovie.com, where you "design" your own stick avatar?

Thats preety much what we do on this forum.

Quincunx
2007-11-03, 11:51 AM
Dalboz, that was the most well-thought-of, courteous, supportive example of failing to read before posting that I've seen in some time.

DarkCorax
2007-11-03, 11:51 AM
These's a load of people on here who make avatars, so it's not really necessary, and we would rather not be put out of our jobs... :smallwink::smallyuk:

BRC
2007-11-03, 11:53 AM
What Might be easier is to create an inkscape vector file with abunch of different features on it, let people download it and mix n match to suit their pleasure.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-03, 12:41 PM
What Might be easier is to create an inkscape vector file with abunch of different features on it, let people download it and mix n match to suit their pleasure.

oh yes ^_^

well I didn't mean to put anybody out of their jobs specifically, I just thought it might be cool to have a generator like that on the website so nobody really gets bothered (plus it would allow people to update their avatars a bit easier) :D