PDA

View Full Version : Deity/Domains for my PrC Pally

Grynning
2007-11-04, 04:36 AM
So, I've just been invited to join an ongoing Ravenloft campaign, where we're all outlanders planeshifted there, stuck and trying to get home. The group currently consists of a Dragon Shaman, an Iaijutsu Master, an NPC wizard (who was the DM's character when the campaign first started, he took over from someone else) and some other fighter-type guy.
They need another healer, since the Shaman's fairly limited right now, so I volunteered. I also decided I didn't want to be a pure cleric (so as not to CoDzilla and upstage everyone), and I've been wanting to try out the Prestige Paladin variant from UA for a while, so the DM said to go for it. We're level 10, 32 point buy, so picking stats, feats, etc. was fairly easy.
Problem is, I can't pick a Deity or my domains! Kind of important since I'm a Cleric first, fighter second type. So I am now opening myself to suggestions. We have to be good, and I'd like to stick with a LG/NG deity if possible, or I'm thinking maybe of going no deity and just picking 2 domains.
So, the question is, what do I go with?
I have all Core, PHBII, most of the Complete series (Except Champion, Mage, and Psionic), Spell Compendium, Sandstorm, Stormwrack, Frostburn, HoH, BoED, and a few other miscellaneous books. No Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance stuff please.
Thanks guys!

AslanCross
2007-11-04, 04:50 AM
Pelor has both Sun and Healing domains, which are helpful since you're planning to be a healer. He's Neutral Good.

leperkhaun
2007-11-04, 04:54 AM
i would second the choice of pelor. The sun domain gives a nice domain ability.

Grynning
2007-11-04, 05:02 AM
Hmm...actually, I forgot Pelor gets Strength as a domain, and that spell list isn't bad. So if I went with Pelor, I'd probably go Strength over Sun (fits better with my char IMO). Good 'ole Pelor just seems a bit vanilla, though. Are there any other deities who get Healing as a domain?

leperkhaun
2007-11-04, 05:08 AM
hmmm, i think out of the PHB options Pelor is the only one.

Kaelaroth
2007-11-04, 06:54 AM
Pelor is probably your best bet from PHB. But what about Pholtus, god light and purging from Complete Divine? Or Rao, greater god of peace and love from Complete Divine? Oh, and if you happen to have Deities and Demigods, Re-Horakhty is nice too. :smallsmile:. Good luck!

UserClone
2007-11-04, 07:22 AM
Sun is a great choice for Ravenloft in particular, as IIRC, there are scads more undead than in most settings- heck, even at least one of the Darklords is undead!