PDA

View Full Version : Two irrational psychopaths trying to kill each other. Miko vs. Voldemort.

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-06, 12:48 AM
Which one of these two would one, the mad fallen paladin or the arrogant and short sighted sorcerer from the Harry Potter series who could get himself killed by Xykon with little or no effort.

Tengu
2007-11-06, 12:53 AM
Not that Miko isn't arrogant and short-sighted...

I seriously cannot see anything that would give Miko an advantage here.

Setra
2007-11-06, 01:13 AM
Maybe Avada Kedavra has a Reflex Save?

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-06, 01:22 AM
Maybe Avada Kedavra has a Reflex Save?

Nah, regular old AC. Physical barriers can stop it.

turkishproverb
2007-11-06, 02:27 AM
Nah, regular old AC. Physical barriers can stop it.

Well, she DOES were full plate. :smallwink:

Still, I'm giving it to Voldemort.

Icewalker
2007-11-06, 02:33 AM
Touch attack kill spell, crazy paladin.

After her fall, Miko can't do much. No smite evil or anything. I'm gonna have to give it to Voldemort. If it was prefall, then it would be a little more interesting...but Voldy would probably still win.

Vella_Malachite
2007-11-06, 02:36 AM
Hmmm...Voldy for the Avada Kedavra, but to our dear fallen friend for attacking until there is no other option but to die, because she is Lawful Good, and violently opposed to all not, especially Chaotic Evil, which, you have to admit, Voldy falls pretty much straight into the middle of.
Probably...I don't know. What's the AC save for Miko in plate versus Voldy with the green flashies?:smallwink:

In case you can't tell, I have a habit of demeaning Voldy. Sorry to any fans.

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-07, 12:05 AM
Miko most likely has a Dexterity of 17 and is most likely wearing breast plate. That would give an AC of 18 so far. Since Harry Potter spell are affected by regular and not touch AC Miko gets her full armor class against Voldemort. Also barring any inititive improving feats Miko has a +3 to inititive. First, what level would Voldemort be, what would his Base Attack Bonus progression be and what would his Dexterity score be?

Aquillion
2007-11-07, 12:34 AM
Miko most likely has a Dexterity of 17 and is most likely wearing breast plate. That would give an AC of 18 so far. Since Harry Potter spell are affected by regular and not touch AC Miko gets her full armor class against Voldemort. Also barring any inititive improving feats Miko has a +3 to inititive. First, what level would Voldemort be, what would his Base Attack Bonus progression be and what would his Dexterity score be?Well, let's see. Voldemort is very close to a Lich (some lich varient), so he must be at least CL 11th to have gone through the ritual. That gives him an ECL of at least 15.

If we're going to convert him to d20, I don't see how his death spell could be anything but a slightly modified ray version of Finger of Death. It presumably still grants a fort save, but to be able to cast it he must be at least CL 13th. (Magic in the Harry Potter universe seems to hover around 7th level spells... Finger of Death and Greater Teleport are common, but I don't think we ever see anything that couldn't be explained by spells of that level or lower.)

Dhavaer
2007-11-07, 03:18 AM
I wouldn't say finger of death, it doesn't allow the Potterverse's equivalent of a save. The two times it's been defeated were the result of a self-sacrificing charm based on love (souped up spell immunity) and an intelligent item with a very definate idea of ownership.

Setra
2007-11-07, 03:28 AM
Avada Kedavra

Necromancy [Death]
Level: Sor/Wiz 7
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One living creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes, Love

You fire a green jet of light, and make a ranged attack roll, if it hits the target is instantly slain, unless protected by the power of love.

Somethin' like that?

Dhavaer
2007-11-07, 03:29 AM
Something like that. It might allow standard spell resistance though, we never see it used on Hagrid or a giant or anything like that.

Rutee
2007-11-07, 04:01 AM
Why wouldn't AK get a Fort Save?

I mean, the Wizarding World is all Wizards; Of course they'll all fail Fort Saves :P

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-07, 12:06 PM
Something like that. It might allow standard spell resistance though, we never see it used on Hagrid or a giant or anything like that.

Potter verse giants and half-giants have the equivalent of natural armor class bonuses. That explains why spells in the Harry Potter universe don't always affect giants or dragons. There is no Spell Resistance in the Harry Potter wizarding world.

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-07, 02:47 PM
At least I didn't pick Voldemort versus the Joker, Voldemort versus Teatime, Voldemort versus the Master and Voldemort versus Xykon. That would be fun to watch though.

Darth Mario
2007-11-07, 04:46 PM
I don't know jacksquat about the Joker or Teatime, but The Master and Xykon would run circles around Voldemort.

Circles of death. Undeath. And Paradox.

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-07, 08:36 PM
I don't know jacksquat about the Joker or Teatime, but The Master and Xykon would run circles around Voldemort.

Circles of death. Undeath. And Paradox.

Joker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_(comics))
Mr. Teatime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankh-Morpork_Assassins%27_Guild#Mr._Teatime)

Does that explain things for you?

Dhavaer
2007-11-07, 08:40 PM
Why wouldn't AK get a Fort Save?

I mean, the Wizarding World is all Wizards; Of course they'll all fail Fort Saves :P

Someone would have rolled a 20.

Lochar
2007-11-07, 09:54 PM
Someone would have rolled a 20.

Harry did.

It wasn't love, it was loaded dice.

xanaphia
2007-11-08, 01:14 AM
Harry did.

It wasn't love, it was loaded dice.

That's my theory.:smallsmile: :smalltongue:

Serenity
2007-11-08, 01:35 AM
Now, I can see Mr. Teatime beating Voldemort if he had prep time, but Joker? Granted, he's one of the most awesome psychopaths ever, but one AK would fix him in short order.

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-08, 01:42 AM
Now, I can see Mr. Teatime beating Voldemort if he had prep time, but Joker? Granted, he's one of the most awesome psychopaths ever, but one AK would fix him in short order.

Then I'll start a seperate Voldemort versus Mr. Teamtime versus Joker versus the Master versus Xykon thread. I'll reserve this thread for the Miko versus Voldemort thread.

multilis
2007-11-08, 08:37 AM
Ad Hominen attack on Miko.

I wonder if you would do the same to Roy if he died right after abandoning Elan?

Or to Beklar? Do you like Beklar?

OOTS tolerated very evil Beklar, Miko's boss plotted lies with Roy, Beklars stated goal was to make Miko fall, and the she was also fed info by Xykon as his prisoner.

Serenity
2007-11-08, 09:19 AM
Geez, can't take a joke, can you? There's a reason that the last Miko thread got locked, so I'm not going to argue the point with you, except to say that you're taking the setup of a Vs. Thread, which are inherently absurd things, far too personally.

RMS Oceanic
2007-11-08, 09:29 AM
Just for the record, I don't think Miko was wearing a breastplate. In #200 she utilizes her evasion agains Vaarsuvius' fireball, which requires that she only have light armor on.

On topic, I have to give it to Voldemort. Miko might get a powerful smite evil in if she wins initiative, but Voldemort can fly at will, out of her reach, and Avada Kedavera probably requires a ranged touch attack, which is easy to do. Nagini is also a hax familiar for a wizard to have.

multilis
2007-11-08, 10:45 AM
Geez, can't take a joke, can you?
You are all just jealous that Miko is better than you. It is obvious to any thinking person that this is serious topic and I made a serious reply.

;P

Hermit
2007-11-08, 11:22 AM
We need some sort of massive Smash Bros-esque Fiction Character Tier list to prevent such one sided fights as this. :p

On a more serious note though, leaving aside the AK for a moment, are we presuming Voldie still has his Horcruxes knocking around, since then even should Miko get the kill he'll presumably survive in some form? Granted it might take another 10 years or so to begin to return to power, so does that count as a win for Miko? Or just delaying the inevitable?

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-08, 11:35 AM
Just for the record, I don't think Miko was wearing a breastplate. In #200 she utilizes her evasion agains Vaarsuvius' fireball, which requires that she only have light armor on.

On topic, I have to give it to Voldemort. Miko might get a powerful smite evil in if she wins initiative, but Voldemort can fly at will, out of her reach, and Avada Kedavera probably requires a ranged touch attack, which is easy to do. Nagini is also a hax familiar for a wizard to have.

How about a tanglefoot bag tossed at Voldemort's head? Would that cripple him in anyway?

Illiterate Scribe
2007-11-08, 11:54 AM
How about a tanglefoot bag tossed at Voldemort's head? Would that cripple him in anyway?

Good point - Miko may well use other alchemical devices, which suggests, together with her 'fireball the ogres' plan, a willingness to be sneaky and use decent tactics. So long as she never has to charge down a hall to kill Voldy, I think I have to hand it to her, as she displays proper human adaptability.

Also, she's fairly tough - remember that she could still hold lengthy conversations after being torn in half by an explosion right next to her that vapourised a castle.

Ditto
2007-11-08, 02:01 PM
Armor bonus does not apply to AK. Shield bonus does.

Hominem Revelio takes all the fun out of sneaking.

Voldemort can fly, wheeeee!

Talkkno
2007-11-08, 09:44 PM

Mithril would make it light armor.

comicshorse
2007-11-08, 10:08 PM
Voldemort boasts at length about his great power and how helpless and useless Miko is.
Miko hits him with a 2 handed sword. Voldermort dies

Serenity
2007-11-09, 12:17 AM
And remember that solid objects hit by Avada Kedavra get destroyed--the statues that blocked for Harry in Book 5 got reduced to rubble. Miko's armor will only block one AK, and Voldy will be able to hit her with a second.

Duke Malagigi
2007-11-09, 01:18 AM
And remember that solid objects hit by Avada Kedavra get destroyed--the statues that blocked for Harry in Book 5 got reduced to rubble. Miko's armor will only block one AK, and Voldy will be able to hit her with a second.

Then she can throw a tanglefoot bag at Voldemort's mouth, keeping him from talking and casting spells.

Serenity
2007-11-09, 08:28 AM
If anyone in the Potterverse can manage silent magic, its Voldemort. (Well, Dumbledore first, then Voldy.) And that's assuming that Voldemort doesn't come at her flying.