PDA

View Full Version : Frostbite (IC)



Pages : [1] 2

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-07, 10:07 PM
You enter a grand audience chamber. The ceiling stretches up at least 100, made of arched white marble. Seats upon seats stretch out before you, of the finest oak, and cushions of a cloth light and fine, and stuff with only the downiest of down.
Though you have visited many audience chambers, none have this vast awesomeness, with the exception of a few of the gods. A small stage sits out in front, but as you travel down the aisles, you realize that the auditorium is much, MUCH larger than you though, and the stage is actually huge, at least a hundred feet across, most likely more.
As you look away from the awesome architecture, you notice the dozens of other adventurers walking down the aisles with you. They range all shapes, sizes, races, proffessions, and ages. Few catch your eye though; mainly three Albino, white-haired half-elves, two male, one female.
There's also two men, one in huge, shining plate armor, the other in purplish robes.
Two elves, both female, stride down the aisle with hand-crafted bows that gleam green in the right light.
The other person that really stands out is a 8 foot tall man in huge, black, spiked plate armor. He carries a large greatsword strapped to his back.
Aside from those people, only three others.

OOC:Post your characters reaction to this. The 'other' people are the other characters, with the exception of Eviscerator, which the Mercanes have already hired/built/found/thingy and bring him on stage.

burntsolace
2007-11-07, 11:03 PM
Jinx

Jinx, a halfing dressed in bright colors with a bright blue cape, sits on a bench. He kicks his feet against the bench in front of him. He begins to talk to anyone around him.

"Great Room here... kinda big. So what brings you guys here? Anyone know the pasty skinned elves?"

When no one immeadately responds he begins going through his pouches to see what he has.

qube
2007-11-08, 08:40 AM
Eviscerator
(much rather then the discription: the illustration:)full view:
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd99/qube0/golem-spiked-birdview.jpg
view of a medium size creature, standing 30 ft away ...
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd99/qube0/golem-spiked-commonerview.jpg
The huge adamantine warforged answers with a hollow voice slow voice.

"Their names are unknown to me."

he looks around in the room, noting the architecture ...

Psionic Dog
2007-11-08, 11:43 AM
Gnaf

Standing just over 3 ft at the shoulder, Gnaf may not have been the first to be spotted, but he is definitely one of the most notable creatures in the room. This grey worg looks a bit out of place in this hall of splendor even if there is no way someone could mistake it for a ranger's wolf companion. Perhaps it is the small cloud if ion stones orbiting it's head, or the boots and bracers that cover its limbs, or just its purposeful pace down the aisle that proclaims that is as qualified to be here as the others, but there is no mistake that this beast is its own master.

Gnaf shakes his head as he walks toward the stage. He had met with chieftains, knights, and heros but he had never met someone this rich. This room alone looked to be worth more than all but the largest of the cities he had visited in his travels. These people obviously prided themselves on having the best, which was why he was here. As he neared the stage he began looking for where ever he and the others were ment to wait. I'm sure anyone who spends this much on an audience chamber has arrangements for non-humanoid.

Zimmia
2007-11-08, 05:17 PM
Ki'Zanne

Walking with her hands in the opposite sleeves of her robes, Ki'Zanne pursed her lips as she entered the hall from the far left entrance. 'Grandeur taken to the next level,' she thought as she started to walk down the aisle. It wasn't difficult to note the great amount of diversity in the people heading toward the stage. Ka'Zanne gravitated toward a group who looked to all radiate a competant curosity.

She paused close to the dais, nodding to a worg that stood relatively close by and then smiled at the halfling. "Simply responding to a summons, much as you are I imagine."

sun_tzu
2007-11-09, 01:34 AM
Spade

Spade, a human in mithral armor with a longsword at each side, looked around him, analyzing his surroundings. I've been to various throne rooms...but this something else all right. How did these guys amass that much resources?
He looks around. A warg, a warforged, albino elves...This was going to be interesting.

((Sorry for my lateness))

qube
2007-11-09, 02:25 AM
Eviscerator

As the huge golem looks around, 2 black holes in the helmet - probably his eyes - fall upon the worg. Noting the many accessoires the magical beast carries, he asks

"I was not aware your kind was ... intelligent enough to become ... evolved. Does my Knowledge Base contain gaps or are you an ... diffrent then your kinsmen?"

Psionic Dog
2007-11-09, 05:40 PM
Gnaf

The worg pauses in mid-step, and glances up in surprise briefly at the warforged before recovering and continuing toward the stage.

"You speak...

Well, I suppose we all learn things every day. I for one have never met a sentient construct before. I am Gnaf, hero of the worgs. Your mistake is a common one. My brethren may not be as clever as the orcs, but we are not dumb beasts."

burntsolace
2007-11-10, 12:11 AM
Jinx

Jinx slides off his seat and positions himself between the big metal man, and fuzzy talking wolf.

"Can't we all just get along? I mean no one needs to fight not the big metal thing-a-ma-gigger and not the fuzzy wolfy worg."

He pulls out a decanter from one of his pouches.

"They said this was a decanter of endless water, do you want to see if it's really endless?"

He starts to turn over the decanter.

Zimmia
2007-11-10, 01:07 AM
Ki'Zanne

Ki'Zanne smiles and shakes her head and crosses to the bench Jinx just vacated and climbed up on it, gathering her robes closely around her. "Do so if you feel you must. Will you also be prepared to clean it up as well?"

qube
2007-11-10, 02:21 AM
Eviscerator

the metal man directs his attention to the halfling and speaks

"Am I not ... getting along?"
if not for the monotone voice, one would hear supprize in his voice

"I ... did not mean to. I was mearly questioning my own data entegrity"

Psionic Dog
2007-11-10, 10:49 AM
Gnaf

"BWHAHAHAHAOOOOOOOooo haha, heheh..."

The worg wipes paw across his face as he begins to calm down and then addresses the halfing standing in front of him.

"Little morsel, you're something else. This fluffy wolfy and metal thinging were just having a big grown-up get-along chat. Now, call me a fluffy wolfy worg again and I'll eat you. Sentient meat isn't my thing, but I'm willing to consider making an exception."


We really need an OOC thread...

qube
2007-11-10, 11:38 AM
Eviscerator

@Gnaf
"I see that you still share primitive roots with your kinsmen"

The huge warforged redirects himself to the halfling and tries to pick him up by the collar and lifts him to the height of his face (20 ft high) (if your resist, he won't try again, and yust speak).

"Your kind ... halfling ... " he sais analysing. " it is unwise to locate yourself within my path ..." then puts him gently down on his original location

burntsolace
2007-11-10, 02:43 PM
Jinx

He looks fascinated by being picked up by the huge metal what ever it is. And then he hears the words from the Worg.

"Wow that was kinda fun "Big E", can I call you Big E? would you mind? You wouldn't really mind now would you? Oh yea and don't worry about me, I might not look like it but I can take care of myself. By the way my name is Jinx.

He offers Big E, a little hand shake. He turns and looks at the angry worg.

"Hey now Mister.... Gnaf. What kind of name is Gnaf and where do you come from? Do you know where the big metal guy comes from?

He turns and looks at nice lady who hasn't yelled at him.

I might hold of on checking that out, but it wouldn't be hard to clean up water dries by itself."

He looks around at the large room.

"Does anyone know when things are supposed to start around here?"

qube
2007-11-10, 04:06 PM
Eviscerator

"Big E. ... fine by me. and I come from ... back there."
The warforged signals to the entrence port, because of the monotone tone you can't quite makeout if he's joking or dead serious.

He also returns the shaking hand gesture with a finger.
"I think you will know when it begins when in begins"

Not having anything else to do, he looks around a bit. His hollow eyes fall on Spade. Recognizing the man as a warrior (the 2 swords are kind of a giveaway)
"Excuse me, but what kind of warrior are you ? ... you seem to be missing ... plating."

sun_tzu
2007-11-10, 07:12 PM
"Ah. Well, I happen to practice a combat style of my own invention - I have my students refer to it as steel tempest. Quite efficient in using two weapons simultaneously, but it relies greatly on speed and agility - to the point where wearing heavier armor would be detrimental." He seems rather pleased to expound on the subject. "I go by 'Spade', incidentally. To whom (and, if I may ask, what) do I have the honor?"

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-10, 10:45 PM
As the last of the heros enter in, the huge mahagony doors at the back swing shut. All the light is blacked out. Almost instantaneously, the room is lit by hundreds of lights, from the various people who didn't have the ability to see in the dark.
A large light canceled all of the other lights out, and illuminated the stage. A tall, blue skinned creature walked out, dressed in voluminous robes, with jewels, and fancy silks, and other, incredibly expensive attire.
It looked around at the huge amount of heros gathered.
"How many of you have heard of the Garrote?"

OOC:
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3498682#post3498682)
Roll a knowledge (The Planes) check.

burntsolace
2007-11-10, 11:41 PM
Jinx

"Psssst Big E do you have any idea what he is talking about?"

Jinx sits down on the stairs while seeing if anyone else might know.


knowledge the planes [roll0]

qube
2007-11-11, 03:29 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

@Spade
"I am Eviscerator ... apparantly also known as Big E. I the common language, the closed word that describes me is 'golem'. 'warforged' is also close, but I differ on many area's from common warforgeds ...
Inderesting way of fighting, but I'll need to see it in action before comenting on it"

When the light starts to shine, the automaton directs his two holow eyes to the stage.
(taking 10 on the untrained knowledge check, gives him 11)

Without looking on the halfling, he anwsers the question
"A strangling device?"

Psionic Dog
2007-11-11, 09:21 AM
Gnaf

The worg, still slightly amused, ignores the loud provocative halfling and briefly ponders the question. (Takes 10 on untrained check for 17)

sun_tzu
2007-11-11, 02:30 PM
Spade

"A pleasure to meet you then, Eviscerator. I must admit, I wasn't aware of the existence of sentient golems..."

[roll0]

Zimmia
2007-11-11, 04:29 PM
Ki'Zanne

Still standing on the bench, the human woman watches the interaction between the halfling and "Big E" with an amused smile. When the lights come up on the stage, she blinks and turns her attention there.

(taking 10 untrained = 12)

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-11, 09:44 PM
The creature on stage raises an eyebrow. "Raise your hands if you think you know. Take a guess, at least."

burntsolace
2007-11-12, 12:47 AM
Jinx

He looks around and really wants to raise his hand and venture a guess. But there is a part of him that nags at him and asks if that would really be best in the sense of self preservation.

"Hey Big E do you want to make a guess? I be tthey couldn't miss you raising your hand with you being so tall and stuff."

sun_tzu
2007-11-12, 01:16 AM
Spade

"Well, a garrote is a type of weapon, designed to strangle opponents" Spade reflects out loud, though he doesn't raise his hand. "Since you were referring to the Garrote, one might assume either a specific one that had acquired enough notoriety to justify the definite article...or, alternatively, a person or group calling itself the Garrote. Given that garrotes are commonly used as assassination tools, one might be tempted to make certain assumptions concerning an organization that named itself after them...but of course, this is all speculation."

qube
2007-11-12, 05:17 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

Eviscerator slowly raises his hand (but because of his size his hand still moves at conciderable speed) ...
"A strangling device?" the gaint proclaims with his emotionless voice.

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-12, 08:11 PM
The creature on stage points to Spade. "Very good young man." The creature sighs and looks down. When it looks back up, it begins speaking. "The Garrote is an assassin's guild of extraordinary level. My associates and I seemed to have.... angered it. We do not know what we did, but it has started killing us one at a time. Only three of us are left. We have a group of allies on the Elemental Plane of Snow, but we cannot teleport into their domain, we must travel through the vast miles of snow to reach our destination. We're asking for your protection, paid for by a hefty sum of gold, jewels, land, or anything really. Does anyone want to join?"

burntsolace
2007-11-12, 08:58 PM
Jinx

"Ooooo Oooooo OOOOOO!"

Jinx jumps up from his seat on the steps and begins skipping down the stairs.

"Pick me! Pick Me! I have never been to the elemental plane of snow before. I think it might be fun! Pick me? Pick me! PICK ME!?!??!?!?!?!"

He gets down to the bottom the stage and hopes that he gets picked.

Zimmia
2007-11-12, 09:01 PM
Ki'Zanne

Intrigued and curious, Ki'Zanne finally steps down from the bench. "I would assist in this expedition," she says with a slight smile on her face as she walks closer to the front of the stage.

Psionic Dog
2007-11-12, 09:26 PM
Gnaf

"And I will offer my service. I have long wished to visit other planes of existance."

qube
2007-11-13, 02:04 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

the adamantine golem takes one step forward... a 15 ft step, indecating he's also ready to help.

sun_tzu
2007-11-13, 02:28 AM
Spade

"Sounds interesting. I'm in" says the fighter. "I'm assuming that the appropriate gear will be provided? Some of us didn't really come dressed for colder climates..."

burntsolace
2007-11-13, 12:52 PM
Jinx

"...and I can make snowmen... really big snowmen with the help of Big E..."

He looks up at Spade.

"You don't need gear we have magic. You could walk out there naked as a new born baby and I would make sure you wouldn't even catch a cold."

He goes back to planning his epic snowman building.

qube
2007-11-15, 03:52 AM
Eviscerator / Big E lloks down upon the halfling.
"How do you make snow-men?"

burntsolace
2007-11-15, 09:09 PM
Jinx

"You never made a snowman???"

Jinx shakes his head in disbelief.

"First you need snow, it's like rain only frozen and fluffy. Then you roll it into balls, sphere if you like, and then stake then on top of each other with small spheres of frozen rain on top of smaller ones. and then you put a face on the top one with coal and a carrot or anything else you have handy. Any questions?"

Zimmia
2007-11-15, 10:06 PM
Ki'Zanne

Ki'Zanne smiles at the unlikely conversation between the halfling and 'Big E'. "It seems like you're going to be able to experience it first hand," she said with a grin. "Let's do what we need to and get underway."

burntsolace
2007-11-16, 12:05 AM
Jinx

" 'cuse me Miss. But do you want to help with our snowman? Or are more of a snow angel type?"

Zimmia
2007-11-16, 12:13 AM
Ki'Zanne

"It's been a very long time but should we have the time I would love to help build your snowman. And we can make snow angels as well." She looked spectively at Eviscerator, "Although you might want to give that one a skip." She turned back to the halfling, "And since we seem to be companions on this journey we should get past 'miss'. My name is Ki'Zanne, Ki if you'd prefer."

qube
2007-11-16, 02:12 AM
Eviscerator/Big E

"Then is it not more of a snow-statue ?" he dully replays ...

Gears in his head start to turn, thinking what he would need on this quest ...

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-16, 07:33 AM
The blue creature smiles at the plethora of volunteers it has gotten. "I would like to thank you all for...." He stands stock still, his eyes wide open. He walks toward the edge of the stage, stumbles, and falls off. A large dart is sticking out of his neck, and blood slowly seeps from the wound.

Zimmia
2007-11-16, 12:22 PM
Ki'Zanne

As the blue man tumbles over Ki'Zanne fights her way through the people trying to rush to his side. She lays one hand on his forehead and one hand on his neck below the dart and her brow furrows in concentration.

Cast heal: 150 HP, neutralizes poison etc and restores ability drain.

qube
2007-11-16, 02:08 PM
Eviscerator / Big E

The giant warforged launches himself toward the other two.
"Anyone able to see the unseen ... now would be the time ..."
He looks for anything out of the ordinary, but doesn't see much. At least he can try and protect the remaining ones.
(aid another (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#aidAnother) [roll0]+attack bonus vs AC 10)


One of the thinking gears clicks into place as Big E knows what he needs ... Something to spot them ...

Psionic Dog
2007-11-16, 02:25 PM
Gnaf

The worg bonds forward to the fallen creature and pauses next to Ki, sniffing the dart for a scent he could track.

"Our host slain? Just let me find the one responsible!"

Not waiting for a reply, Gnaf jumps up onto the stage and begins looking for a trail.

Getting on the stage should be no problem: the worg can make an 8 ft vertical jump from rest, or 16 ft with a running start by taking 10.

Once up, he begins searching for a match to the scent on the dart or any suspicious one still actively hiding.

Scent (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#scent)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

sun_tzu
2007-11-16, 05:48 PM
Spade

Projectile attacks. I'll try to use myself as a meatshield and hope I'm better-protected than these guys.
Spade rushes between the two remaining blue individuals and the direction from where he estimated the projectile came. At the same time, he tried hard to spot the enemy.
Spot Check: [roll0]

burntsolace
2007-11-16, 10:20 PM
Jinx

The smile on Jinx's face melts away like an icicle on a warm day, and the blue figure falls from the podium. Jinx start to speaking in a the spidery language of magic.

"Who is against the snowman idea?"

Jinx's movements become a blur and he seems to start moving faster and faster.


Casting Time Stop, and checking to see if he can figure out who attacked the blue guy. Time stop for [roll0] rounds. First round he will move between the standing blue people and the direction he thinks it came from (spot check [roll1]) and cast prismatic wall trying to protect them from further attacks. And he will spending the remaining time searching for the attacker.

Wow Mages get a lot of options... someone tell me if I am doing something wrong.

Spells Cast
0: 0/6
1: 0/9
2: 0/9
3: 0/8
4: 0/8
5: 0/8
6: 0/8
7: 0/8
8: 1/7
9: 1/7

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-18, 01:42 AM
OOC: Zimmia, make a caster check.

IC: Both Gnaf and Spade barely see a black blur sprint down the shadows of the back end of the giant hallway.

Even though Jinx has stopped time, he does not see the man until after the time-stream is restored.

Zimmia
2007-11-18, 01:56 AM
((OOC what'm I making a caster check for (so I know what to add to it)? ))

Psionic Dog
2007-11-18, 02:02 AM
Gnaf

The worg spins around and darts off in a blur after the black figure.

Begin hustling at 200 ft/round, if the fleeing figure is moving faster, sprint whenever directly behind it at 400 ft/round.

qube
2007-11-18, 02:51 AM
Evisceratory/ Big E

"Can you people get somewhere safe?"

If affermative, eviscerator will lead them there, and will try and find his camerades.

If negative, he will stay there untill his party members come back...

burntsolace
2007-11-18, 04:18 AM
Jinx

Hey Big E you see that shimmering wall of many different colors?

He points to a primatic wall that seems to have spontaneous appeared.

That should keep them safe for a bit. Let's let Ki help the hurt one and we can go stop this other guy. Ki do you best and if not I can wish him back....

Jinx runs towards the figure leaving down the hall way. As he runs he shouts...

STOP!

And he casts another spell.


Jinx casts hold monster on the fleeing creature.
Range 300ft DC: Will Save 25
caster lvl check if necessary [roll0]

Spells Cast
0: 0/6
1: 0/9
2: 0/9
3: 0/8
4: 0/8
5: 1/8
6: 0/8
7: 0/8
8: 1/7
9: 1/7

qube
2007-11-18, 05:22 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

estimates the situation:
pritorty 1: safety ... OK
pritorty 2: obliterate oppostion ... starting process

Eviscerator follows the rest of the party
(if he catches up to the party he tries to see the enemy (spot [roll0])

sun_tzu
2007-11-18, 01:16 PM
Spade

He pulls out his bow and begins sending arrows at the blur.

((If I'm not in range for the longbow, Spade will stay around the blue guys, protecting them from the direction opposite of the prismatic wall, just in case there's more than one attackers.))

attack rolls: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4]
Damage roll: [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9]

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-20, 11:14 PM
The figure stops and turns to look at the situation. Jinx's spell fails to have any effect on it, and Spade's arrows all miss by just a little bit. The figure runs into the far shadows. Suddenly, it disappears into the shadows.

burntsolace
2007-11-21, 12:05 AM
Jinx

Jinx looks around and when the figure disappears he heads back to Ki to see if he can help out.

Do you know what happened Ki? Can you help him?

Zimmia
2007-11-21, 01:09 AM
Ki'Zanne

Ki'Zanne looks up at Jinx and then back down at the blue creature.

OOC: I didn't know what the caster check was for so I'll roll... lessee...
[roll0] then add (maybe) Heal? +29, Spellcraft? +28?

Is there somehow a concentration check needed for the heal spell? if so +31.

If he was alive (or not to -10) the heal spell would return 150 HP and reverses ability damage (from what might be poison) and a whole host of maladies

While we're at it, cast detect poison.

sun_tzu
2007-11-21, 06:40 AM
Spade

Dammit. Well, protecting these guys is more important than catching the assassin. Spade stays near the blue creatures, watching and listening to see anything else that might be suspicious.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Psionic Dog
2007-11-21, 08:09 AM
Gnaf:

The worg doesn't even pause as he continues to jog forward to the spot he last saw the fleeing figure. When he arrives he pauses to find the freshest scent trail and quickly follows that into the shadows until it ends or he finds the fugitive.

qube
2007-11-21, 08:23 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

As he sees the party returning, he notices that the persuite was fruitless ...
pritorty 2: obliterate oppostion ... partial succes

"Perhaps it would be smart to make haste ..."

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-21, 10:50 PM
OOC: Zimmia, a caster check is 1d20+your caster level. It's used for determining if your spell can defeat certain obstacles, usually spell resistance, I believe. So, your caster level is 25, correct? I believe it is your level plus other modifiers, but you probably don't have anything modifying that, so, 25+8=33, not enough. Sorry.

IC: Kizanne's heal spell fails, and the blue creature's life slowly seeps out of him. Her detect poison spell detects dozens of different poisons in his system, slowly destroying his body.

Gnaf finds that the trail ends abruptly in the shadows.

Zimmia
2007-11-21, 10:58 PM
OOC: Zimmia, a caster check is 1d20+your caster level. It's used for determining if your spell can defeat certain obstacles, usually spell resistance, I believe. So, your caster level is 25, correct? I believe it is your level plus other modifiers, but you probably don't have anything modifying that, so, 25+8=33, not enough. Sorry.

IC: Kizanne's heal spell fails, and the blue creature's life slowly seeps out of him. Her detect poison spell detects dozens of different poisons in his system, slowly destroying his body.



I know what a caster check is, I guess I don't understand - unless the blue creature wasn't willing to allow the heal and wanted to die, in which case the spell would have been negated and no roll needed.

burntsolace
2007-11-22, 12:04 AM
Jinx

Jinx lays his hands upon the blue figure and once more he beens to speak the spidery words of magic which seem to crawl out of his mouth.

I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight. I wish all that is troubling this blue man to be solved.


Casting Wish (-5000xp)

Remove injuries and afflictions. A single wish can aid one creature per caster level, and all subjects are cured of the same kind of affliction. For example, you could heal all the damage you and your companions have taken, or remove all poison effects from everyone in the party, but not do both with the same wish. A wish can never restore the experience point loss from casting a spell or the level or Constitution loss from being raised from the dead.

Caster lvl Check is necessary [roll0]

OOC: I couldn't resist a halfing who had wish as one of his spells

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-22, 12:22 AM
Okay, OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63030) please.

IC: A stream of light bathes the blue man, suppposedly healing him. Then the light brightens in intensity, blinding you. The blue man screams out in pain, and is lifted up in the air as the light burns and scars his body.

Suddenly, he is dropped. His head rolls to the side, and his eyes are gray and lifeless. One of the other blue skinned creatures -a female, maybe, but you can't really tell- screams, and begans to sob. The other just sits there in shock.

qube
2007-11-22, 01:53 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

the metalic gaint directs himself to jinx
"Quite a powerfull spell you have there"

"As I said before, we should make haste ... they could return any second now, if they pleased"

Action: shopping for visual equipment ... chance on succes dropped to 0.037

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-22, 12:25 PM
IC: Backstage, a huge thump is heard. The assassin, dressed in black cloth, rips through the curtains to the back. It pulls out a sword, and dodges toward Jinx and Ki'Zanne.

ROUND 1
Roll initiative.

Zimmia
2007-11-22, 12:57 PM
Ki'Zanne

Stablock
AC44, Touch 25, FF 34 190 HP Init +10
Saves 19/24/24


'I've had just about enough of this,' Ki said as she watched the figure coming closer. 'Although he's certainly determined.' Her eyes focus as she focuses her attention and speaks in celestial.

Init. [roll0]

Cast haste on all of us (25 rounds)

burntsolace
2007-11-22, 02:18 PM
Jinx

stats block

AC: 49
HP: 233
20% Concealment from Greater Mantle of Stealth


Jinx bares his teeth and stands next to Ki. He looks towards the Assassin who is advancing toward them.

Ki, this could get messy....

He then calls out towards the Assassin.

Come no closer. This Blue People are under the protection of Jinx and his friends.

OOC:


Readied Action to cast Temporal Stasis on The Assassin if he gets next to Jinx who stands his ground. But steps between Ki and the Assassin.

Touch attack +26 Fort Save DC 29 Negates

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-22, 10:42 PM
The assassin stops for a moment. Then, she begins to laugh. "Do you really think you can stop me, little man? I could crush you like a bug. Give me the body. It would be in your best interest."

burntsolace
2007-11-23, 12:11 AM
Jinx

Jinx is taken back a half moment by the assassin being a girl. But sets his resolve.

I don't know who you are or why you just did what you did. And if you tell me we might be able to come to some sort of terms. Unless you are a member of the Garrote? Then we probably have a problem here. Unless maybe you have a good reason for what you are doing....?


same readied action

qube
2007-11-23, 03:58 AM
Eviscerator/Big E
pritorty 2: obliterate oppostion ... reboot protocol
the gaint robot lifts the - compared to him - tiny body of the blue humanoid , up and carries him under his shoulder - as a cradled baby or a football ...

"bzzt ... you want it ? then come get it ..."
With these words he bends forward, preparing to charge/ram anyto anyone who comes in his way

lol: a huge armorspiked foodball player ...
hp: 431 hp, AC 40+ 20% misschance,
init: [roll0]prepare for bull rush, if an enemy appears within reach

Zimmia
2007-11-23, 02:43 PM
Ki'Zanne

"Indeed," Ki says from where she is standing with Jinx. "You seem to be interested in the same people as we are, although with different reason. Perhaps some discussion will help things from getting unpleasant."

Long shot here, but the blue people are interested in the elemental plane of frost: Knowledge elements to try and find out anything [roll0]

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-25, 02:39 PM
The assassin snarls. "Those bastards betrayed one of my kindred. They must pay." Then she smiles. "Even if you manage to defeat me, my kindred will destroy you." She chuckles. "Give me the body. Now."

OOC:This is for Zimmia.

The Elemental Plane of Cold is essentially that, where things of cold live. It ranges from 32 degrees (the highest), to -1826397623927 degrees (the lowest recorded, though there have probably been lower.) As far as you know, nothing of any interest is there.

burntsolace
2007-11-25, 06:05 PM
Jinx

"Well we have a few problems right now you cute little assassin there. There first is that we have been hired by this here dying or dead fellow and his kind to deal with some assassins from the elemental plane of snow cones. I am guessing that would be you. Now we have been promised great sums of treasure if we can get them to your people, assuming that you work for The Garrote. By the way black is a good color on you, but maybe a pink bow would go a long way in help that people don't mistake you as a guy.

Jinx pauses for a moment.

But if you want to kill these folks would you please let us and them know what the heck is going on so we can at least feel better about bashing your brains in or something? What did they do to betray your kind? What is your kind? Are you special?

OOC

same readied action to use temporal stasis on the assassin if she gets with in range.

I want to use my helm of telepathy to contact the blue people and ask them what they want us to do, since they have hired us.

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-26, 08:07 AM
The assassin pauses for a moment. "You do realize that 'kindred' means kin, as in family, not species." She shakes her head. "Anyway, you do realize that my family is the Garrote, right? Those Mercane bastards killed one of my brothers, so they must die." Her eyes (the only part of her face you can see) go wide. "What'd you say about the Elemental Plane of Snow Cone? Do you mean the Elemental Plane of Snow?"

qube
2007-11-26, 08:19 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

"She means the one of Epic Snow Statues. Either way: leave or perish!"

initmidate [roll0]

Psionic Dog
2007-11-26, 08:42 AM
Gnaf

The worg begins to quietly slip back to the stage where the assassin and his allies are using the rows of seats as cover.


[roll0]
[roll1]
moving at 100 ft/round (half speed) toward stage.

Zimmia
2007-11-26, 04:59 PM
Ki'Zanne

"Look," Ki says as she studies the woman as best she can, "it seems as though we're at an impass here. Why don't you tell us what happened so that we'll all know. It's possible this is all a big mistake you know," she says with a smile in her voice. "You give us this information and we'll tell you about elemental snow statues."

Must make a note to put ranks in sense motive...

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-26, 10:03 PM
The assassin stares up at Big E and laughs. "You can't scare me, Tin-man." She looks over to Ki'Zanne. "You know, you aren't half-bad looking.". The Assassin stops for a moment, then unwraps her head-wraps. Her hair, silky, long, white, and beautiful falls down from a bun on top of her head. She looks at Ki'Zanne and smiles. Her teeth are perfectly white, and straight. Her face radiates beauty, disarming the Mercanes, and maybe even the characters. She has a twinkle in her eye, and smiles lines go from her mouth. She is the very incarnation of beauty. "Maybe now we can conduct business in a better manner. My names is Heres. Pleased to meet you." She sheaths her sword and walks toward Ki'Zanne. "The reason, my sweet little friend," she says, eyeing Ki'Zanne, "Is that the blue bastards killed one of my brothers in the Garrote. Not my actual brothers, mind you, but one by the Guild. The Guild's code demands that I and my 'siblings' kill those responsible."

Zimmia
2007-11-26, 10:20 PM
Ki'Zanne

Ki'Zanne gives a smile that's just shy of a smirk. "I'm Ki, by the way and you're not completely unattractive either," she says with a wink. "At any rate," she continues with a wave of her hand, as if to keep the conversation on track, "I understand how that 'code' thing works. What I'm confused about is if one of your order was killed, why you and your people seem bent on exterminating these blue people in general. That seems a little... harsh."

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-26, 10:47 PM
The assassin seems taken aback for a moment, then laughs. "Oh, you're thinking whole race, aren't you? No, that would be impossible. Just the clan."

qube
2007-11-27, 02:18 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

Seeing that here look is disarming the poor human mercs, Eviscerator notes that she uses here looks to disarm some of his allies ...

"I don't scare you? I wanted to save your life ... you shall not persuade of us our path ... LEAVE!"
his voice booms through-out the castle halls

((ooc: I forgot a +8 on initmidate , for being 2 size categories bigger ... and +1 from luckstone. adding that to the roll, I get 41 (this part of the conversiation can be seen as part of the same intimidate) ))

Evicerator won't even let here speak further, he will charge her after she speaks hear 6th word and doesn't show a sign of retreating ...

(rolls for the attack:
- start frenzie: intimidating rage [roll0] (STR bonus, additional attack if full attack, ...)
- charge with spikes (+35; spikes are adamantine(natural+1 enchancement) ; charge +2; charge bonus +2; frenzie; pounce; shocktrooper (power attack gives penalty to AC) + impr power attack (2:3 ratio); leap attack: power attack x2 for 1 handed weapon

attack [roll1] damage [roll2]-60* = 85
attack [roll3] damage [roll4]-60* = 86
attack [roll5] damage [roll6]-60* = 86
attack [roll7] damage [roll8]-60* = 86
attack [roll9] damage [roll10]-60* = 84
(*BIG OOPS: supstract 60 from the damage: power attack only deals 60 additional damage, not 120 )

((additional rolls for crits, if needed
[roll11],[roll12],[roll13],[roll14],[roll15]
[roll16],[roll17],[roll18],[roll19],[roll20]

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-28, 08:30 AM
"I will not leave this place untill...."
Eviscerator slams into her, throwing her against a wall. She slumps to the ground and groans. Her eyes roll into the back of her head, and she begins to seize violently. As she settles down, her ninja suit.... begins to change color. It turns pink. Bright pink. The assassin shakes her head, and stands up.Her hair has turned blue, and her skin, formerly an blank white, gained some color She looks at the adventurers. She smiles and waves. "How ya doin'? I'm Heres!" She walks over to them. Her demeanor is bright and friendly, and she seems sincere enough.

qube
2007-11-28, 09:37 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

(seeing that his enemy is down and ... changed ... Eviscerator tries to stop his frenzy (fumble fails [roll0]) )

"darn, and I was yust heating up ..."

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-28, 10:22 PM
Eviscerator / Big E

(seeing that his enemy is down and ... changed ... Eviscerator tries to stop his frenzy (fumble fails [roll0]) )

"darn, and I was yust heating up ..."

Heres turns and looks at him. "Oooooo. You're big. And spiky. Are you a robot? I like robots. They're cool."

Zimmia
2007-11-28, 10:43 PM
Ki'Zanne

'oooooo, this'll be fun' whistles Ki under her breath and she watches the marked change in the assassin. "Isn't he great," she says in a cheerful voice as she waves her hand at Eviscerator. "Some of us call him 'Big E'."

burntsolace
2007-11-28, 11:05 PM
Jinx

Jinx looks at her and shrugs his shoulders.

Hiya! I am Jinx. Did you know that you are an assassin? Kinda creepy and all stealthy. But I think I like this you better. The big Robot here is "Big E" and we are off to the elemental plane of snow banks, to build snow forts and epic snowmen. Do you want to come?"

Offers to shake her hand.

Psionic Dog
2007-11-28, 11:14 PM
Gnaf

Still hiding in the seats, the worg stops just before the stage and eyes the lass suspiciously.


Disguise? Hidden Weapons? Or other stuff?
[roll1] Is this for real? :smallconfused:

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-29, 12:05 AM
Ki'Zanne

'oooooo, this'll be fun' whistles Ki under her breath and she watches the marked change in the assassin. "Isn't he great," she says in a cheerful voice as she waves her hand at Eviscerator. "Some of us call him 'Big E'."

She pauses for a moment and looks thoughtfully at Eviscerator. "Big E, hmm? I like it. It'll stick."


Jinx

["COLOR="YellowGreen"]Jinx looks at her and shrugs his shoulders.

Hiya! I am Jinx. Did you know that you are an assassin? Kinda creepy and all stealthy. But I think I like this you better. The big Robot here is "Big E" and we are off to the elemental plane of snow banks, to build snow forts and epic snowmen. Do you want to come?"[/COLOR]

Offers to shake her hand.

When you mention the word "assassin" Heres twitches, her eyes go blank, and she stares into space for a second.
Then Heres squeals. "Ohmygosh, that sounds so incredibly awesome. I'd love to come. When are we leaving? I love snowmen, and snow angels, and snow forts, and snowballs, and Xixecals. Those are cool. My dad took me to see one once. It had white dragons as pets, and they were so cute!" She giggles and shakes Jinx's hand.

Heres looks over into the seats. She squeals. "Oh my god, it's a doggie! It's so cute! Is it yours?" She says, turning to Jinx. She turns back, jumps in the air, does a triple-backflip, and lands perfectly on her feet, in a ballerina pose, right next to Gnaf. She looks at him. "You'll be my friend, won't you?"

If anyone makes a remark about Gnaf's race, she cuts them off with a giggle. "I know he's not a doggie silly! He's a worg, though, they usually aren't sentient." She turns to Gnaf. "But you are, aren't you? Were you Awakened, or was that natural, an accident?"

Gnaf:As far as you can tell, Heres is being completely honest.

qube
2007-11-29, 01:58 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

Eviscerator has no idea what to say ... his developers kinda forgot to program in default behavior for enemy assasins suddenly gone hyperactivly innocent ...

would it be permanent, or temporary, or fake ...

Evicerator stands there, observing Heres, trying to adapt to the new situation ...

" ... I am ... cool ?"

sun_tzu
2007-11-29, 05:00 AM
Spade

Highly confused by the apparent split-personality displayed here, Spade whispers to the two remaining blue creatures: "Is this...normal, for members of the Garrote?"

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-29, 07:46 AM
Eviscerator / Big E
Evicerator stands there, observing Heres, trying to adapt to the new situation ...

" ... I am ... cool ?"

Heres sighs. "Yes silly. In that context, the word 'cool' means awesome, great, etc."


Highly confused by the apparent split-personality displayed here, Spade whispers to the two remaining blue creatures: "Is this...normal, for members of the Garrote?"

One of them whispers to you. "As far as I know, I doubt it. But very little is known about the Garrote, even to us. But, the other assassins don't do this, so, I just have no clue."

Psionic Dog
2007-11-29, 09:44 AM
Gnaf



Heres looks over into the seats. She squeals. "Oh my god, it's a doggie! It's so cute! Is it yours?" She says, turning to Jinx. She turns back, jumps in the air, does a triple-backflip, and lands perfectly on her feet, in a ballerina pose, right next to Gnaf. She looks at him. "You'll be my friend, won't you?"

If anyone makes a remark about Gnaf's race, she cuts them off with a giggle. "I know he's not a doggie silly! He's a worg, though, they usually aren't sentient." She turns to Gnaf. "But you are, aren't you? Were you Awakened, or was that natural, an accident?"


:smalleek:

The worg stares flabbergasted at the girl.

"You're worse than Jinx and just as ignorant as Big E! And you don't have the understandable excuse of being freshly forged either!" Gnaf snarls as he backs away, "Of course I'm sentient! All worgs are sentient! Just because we traditionally have alliances with goblins doesn't mean we are dumb beast of burden. Is everyone here an ignorantly civilized? Please assure me you don't believe dragons are dumb reptiles also, you don't do you?"

"How did I find myself surrounded by silly jesters?"

If Here attempts to touch him, Gnaf will do all he can to dodge aside.


The sense motive was also to sense possible enchantments. Can I tell if she's being unnaturally compelled?

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-30, 08:29 AM
OOC: Didn't you say most Worgs were not sentient?

IC: Heres shrugs. "I've only heard stories of Worgs, I apologize. My father would know more, but I do not know where he is.... " Heres stares off into the distance. "I, I have to go." she says. She dissapears, leaving only a small cloud of smoke.

Zimmia
2007-11-30, 08:03 PM
Ki'Zanne

"Well that was interesting," Ki said as she concentrated a moment and then turned to the blue people. "Have you ever encountered one of the Garotte before, and still been around afterward? Is this behavior normal for them?"

Knowledge Spellcraft to see if I know if her disappearance was magic related. [roll0]

Her mind goes back to the dart cast by Hers, and the heal spell as well as the wish that backfired. "I can certainly attempt to resurrect your comrade, however I'm not sure what the effect might be".

burntsolace
2007-11-30, 09:46 PM
Jinx

So when do we head off towards the snow?

qube
2007-12-01, 08:32 AM
Eviscerator

agains his cold monotonic voice sounds
"Affermative ... it seems we have not much time to lose ..."

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-01, 09:26 PM
Ki'Zanne

"Well that was interesting," Ki said as she concentrated a moment and then turned to the blue people. "Have you ever encountered one of the Garotte before, and still been around afterward? Is this behavior normal for them?"

Knowledge Spellcraft to see if I know if her disappearance was magic related. [roll0]

Her mind goes back to the dart cast by Hers, and the heal spell as well as the wish that backfired. "I can certainly attempt to resurrect your comrade, however I'm not sure what the effect might be".

The Mercane shakes its head. "The Garrote does not leave many survivors."

To the resurrection attempt. "If the wish did not work, then I doubt you should...."

The Mercane turns its head towards Jinx. "Soon. Meet us at the city of Union in 48 hours. We leave for the Elemental Plane of Cold in 54. Meet us at the Planar Cartographic Society." With that, they bow to you and dissapear.

Zimmia, if you mean magical transport, definitly. If it was forced or came from the outside, no. It was Heres.

burntsolace
2007-12-03, 01:16 AM
Jinx

Jinx looks up at The Mercane.

"Ummm... could you give us directions to that spot. I don't know how to get there. If you really want I could try and teleport all of us there. There is a chance it might go ary and would wind up some where else tho... but i am sure that Ki and Big E would be down to go tromping off on an adventure. What about you Gnaf?

Jinx gets going on a roll and keeps talking untill someone else interrupts him.

Did I ever tell about the time I went back in time and talked to a woolly mammoth? I was all red and fury, it had three eyes and it cast frost rays with it's horns.....

Psionic Dog
2007-12-03, 08:19 AM
Gnaf

"Of course I want to go on an adventure, this plane was starting to get a little boring." Gnaf quickly replies. Still irritated at the Assassin/Heres, he is anxious to end the babble of irrelevant words. "And yes, I need someone to take me to me to Union. Planer travel is beyond my own abilities. Can you transport us all?"

Zimmia
2007-12-03, 11:33 AM
Ki'Zanne

"Between us it will be no problem to get us all to Union. Actual job aside, this whole situation has piqued my curiosity," Ki says with a smile.

sun_tzu
2007-12-03, 04:51 PM
Spade

"Likewise. I've had some less-than-friendly encounters with assassins' guilds in the past, but nothing quite like this Garrote. If anything, I am curious to see how this all turns out."

burntsolace
2007-12-03, 10:35 PM
Jinx

Jinx hops up and down.

OOoooOOOooo!! I can do it! I can teleport us! That is if some can tell me where we are going. Ohhh wait! That Union! I can get us there lickity split!

He holds out his hands.

No everyone hold hands and sing Kumbiya!


If everyone will hold hands he will cast light on the person holding his left hand and then teleport them to Union.

Psionic Dog
2007-12-04, 10:33 AM
Gnaf

"Hold hands!? You expect me to..." *sigh* "Never mind, I'll improvise. I didn't show up just for one spell to stop me." inconsiderate spell writers

The worg takes a place in the circle, offering a paw to the person on his right and (gently) garbs Mr. Left's hand with his teeth.

sun_tzu
2007-12-04, 10:53 AM
Spade

Repressing a chuckle, the fighter grabs Gnaf's paw with one hand and offers the other one to Jinx.

Zimmia
2007-12-04, 11:36 AM
Ki'Zanne

With a smile, Ki takes the halflings hand and extends her other hand.

qube
2007-12-06, 06:40 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

Evicerator lowers himself and tries to gentlie take Ki's and Spade hands, completing the circle and sending a high presure (almost pain) sensation through his allies hands ...

"Kumbiya ?"

burntsolace
2007-12-06, 10:39 PM
Jinx

With everyone in a large circle he starts to sing Kumbiya.... after a verse the words seems to slide out of his mouth, the rhythm of his incantation changes and he casts light on Gnaf.


DC 21 Will Save, I dunno if you would resist him casting it tho


Jinx lets out a giggle.

Wait that's not quite the right spell Sorry Gnaf is will wear off in a lil bit....

He sings a second verse of "Kumbiya" and once again begins to cast a spell.


Plane Shift or Greater Teleport, what ever it takes to get us to Union.

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-07, 03:57 PM
With a rush of magical power, you teleport through the planes....

You end up in the middle of a large platform. A dark, purple twilight hangs over the entire sky. A enourmous city is at the far edge of the horizon, mostly blues and purples, but red sticks out here and there.

A man approaches you. He is wearing breastplate, and has spectacles and book on hand. He looks you over. "Name, date of birth, and place of departure please. Also, a 25 gold coin entrance fee, please."

qube
2007-12-08, 03:22 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

"Name D9C7AE1600000C5F
Age unknown
Place of detarture <fill in from where we came + plane>"

Eviscerator reaches bewteen his armor plates and grabs 25 small golden cubes, which he gives to the armored man.

"And you are ?"

Psionic Dog
2007-12-08, 08:53 AM
Gnaf

The worg glares at Jinx, but he quickly forgets the indignity as the worlds shift. For a moment he stands gawking at the richness of this plan, at least until he spies the approaching man.

"Hey Spade, I have a money pouch on my right side attached to my belt. Would you mind getting 25 gp out for me? It's times like his I almost wish I was equipped with a goblin."

Zimmia
2007-12-08, 10:34 AM
Ki'Zanne

'Equipped with a goblin..." Ki chuckles at Gnaf's comment and then pulls some coin out of the pouch at her belt, ready to hand it to the man when he is finished with the others. "My name is K'Zanne. I was born on Erastide and arrived with these others."

sun_tzu
2007-12-08, 02:08 PM
Spade

As he hands the man both his own payment and Gnaf's, the fighter replies "The name is Sapen Dimilone, though I've gone by 'Spade' for as long as it actually matters. Twenty-eight years old. Came with the others."

burntsolace
2007-12-08, 10:48 PM
Jinx

Jinx, I am from my home world although I travel quite a bit...

He pats down his pockets....


Ummmm.... can someone cover me here? I think I am broke.....

qube
2007-12-09, 02:36 AM
Evicerator again takes out 25 golden cubes, and silently pays Jinx' fee

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-09, 10:54 AM
The man takes all of your money, and records your information in his book. "Please have a nice stay in Union, and follow all of the laws. The laws are the common sense ones- no murder, theft, assault, etc.- and be sure to visit the marketplace." He shows you to a long pathway that goes off into the city, and walks toward another group of adventurers.

burntsolace
2007-12-11, 10:09 PM
Jinx

So where do we want to go first? I think we should go see the sights!!! And then maybe get something to eat and find a place to spend the night...

Zimmia
2007-12-11, 10:26 PM
Ki'Zanne

"I'm not entirely sure we have a lot of time for sightseeing, but I agree that we could find a suitable inn and then perhaps some of us could ask around a bit," Ki replies and looks at the busy street. "Does anyone know their way around?"

burntsolace
2007-12-12, 01:19 AM
Jinx


No but I am sure we can find some great stuff on our way to where ever it is we are gonna go. He do you think we can find a two head blue troll here?

sun_tzu
2007-12-12, 01:38 AM
Spade

"How about we start by finding a library? A quick reading about this place might tell us what's worth seeing and where."

burntsolace
2007-12-13, 12:17 AM
Jinx

Jinx looks around bored. "A Library? I bring you quadrillions of miles across seventy two and half different planes. And you want to goto a boring library?? You could have done that at home. Maybe they have Minotaur fights here, what do you say Big E?

qube
2007-12-13, 09:46 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

"Why would one wnat too see minotaurs fight eachother when not being able to fight themselves?" the gaint monotomously replays.

sun_tzu
2007-12-14, 01:40 AM
Spade

In reply to Jinx, Spade grins and says: "When the only ten books in the village you grow up in are those your mother has collected over the years, you learn not to let go of opportunities to find new ones. Old habit."

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-15, 11:08 PM
Three guards in blue uniforms walk toward you. "You there! Yes, you! You are under arrest. Come with us." The man who yells is obviously the captain. All three guards look beefed up and ready to fight.

burntsolace
2007-12-16, 02:06 AM
Jinx

Jinx looks at his friends and then at the guards. There is no way anyone of his friends could be under arrest especially not big E....


Ummmm It seems we have some sort of confusion here I think you are confusing us with someone else.


readied action to cast wall of force 20 feet tall and 50 long to block the guards if they continue to advance

sun_tzu
2007-12-16, 09:29 AM
Spade

"I would like to echo my friend's sentiment here. We have arrived to Union about two minutes ago. I don't think it is possible for us to have broken the law yet."

Zimmia
2007-12-16, 04:54 PM
Ki'Zanne

"Indeed," Ki responds. "Exactly what is it we are supposed to have done between there," she gestures to the guard where they paid their entrace fee, "and here."

Psionic Dog
2007-12-16, 05:12 PM
Gnaf

"Which of us are you arresting and for what?" Gnaf growls. "This is quite an unpleasant welcome from a planer city as famous as this one."

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-16, 08:01 PM
The guards keep moving forward. " We are arresting all of you.We got a tip alerting us to who killed Arien Gardonta, one of the council of this city. You look exactly like the description." The captain glances back at his two men and makes a motion with his head. One of his men peels off and runs back the way they came. "Now stand down and come with us!"

qube
2007-12-17, 03:29 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

"I shall come with you peacefully, but not as prisoner. A discription of me is useless since I look exactly as any warforged from the D9C7AE16 series ... Any hostile actions against me or my compagnions however, shall lead to fatal reprecussions." he adds with his cold monotome voice, as he rests his towering adamantine scythe on shoulder...

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-17, 09:23 PM
The Captain snarls. "Do not threaten me, machine!
put down you weapon, and come peacefully!"

burntsolace
2007-12-17, 10:08 PM
Jinx

Sigh.... Jinx looks around at his friends.

Now I know I didn't kill anyone. And I know no one else killed anyone so you can just let us go.


same readied action to cast wall of force

Psionic Dog
2007-12-18, 11:16 AM
Gnaf

"We look exactly like the description... " Gnaf repeats incredulously. After a moments though he continues: "Either we were framed or this is an unfortunate mix up. Why don't we accompany these men back to their leaders and clear this up? It's not like we had agreed on any other way to spend the day."

Zimmia
2007-12-18, 01:15 PM
Ki'zanne

"I agree. There's nothing to be gained by having a skirmish with authority here in the streets." 'Although there's a shapeshifter around somwhere who knows what we look like,' she thought with dismay. "How long ago was this crime committed," she asked the captain of the guard.

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-18, 09:09 PM
The captain raises a crossbow and points it in the group's general direction. "Then put down your weapons."
He turns to face Ki'zanne, still pointing the crossbow in their general direction.

Zimmia
2007-12-18, 09:12 PM
Ki'Zanne

"And as they put away their weapons you can surely tell us when we supposedly committed this crime."

burntsolace
2007-12-19, 03:49 AM
Jinx

Jinx looks less then happy but drops his readied action. And let Ki do the talking.

qube
2007-12-19, 05:08 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

"I do not threaten you, human* . I only state facts" and with these words he puts away his nasty looking scythe. "As I stated before, I shall come peacefully"

(*: or elf, ... depending of the race he is)

sun_tzu
2007-12-19, 05:43 AM
Spade

Putting down his swords and bow, the fighter adds: "Surely you realize the absurdity inherent to the situation. If we were guilty of a severe crime, we would not be coming to Union in the first place - and if we were, then we wouldn't be putting down our weapons. That alone ought to tell you we have been framed."

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-19, 08:30 PM
Two more guards in uniform walk down the street. "Halt! What's going on here?" They come to a stop when the appraoch the other two guards. The guards quietly converse for a second, badges are shown, then after a few more seconds of whispering. Swords are drawn. A crossbow is fired. One of the guards who just arrived falls to the ground, a bolt through his neck.

Round 1
(For real this time)

Roll initiative.

burntsolace
2007-12-19, 09:34 PM
Jinx


initiative [roll0]

Zimmia
2007-12-19, 09:48 PM
Ki'Zanne

'Well this is...different," Ki mumbles under her breath.

Init: [roll0]

Psionic Dog
2007-12-19, 09:56 PM
Gnaf

"This just keeps getting more exciting."


[roll0]

qube
2007-12-20, 03:08 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

Now this is a sight Eviserator was build for, blood, chaos and mayham ... Sadly thow, he can't decide what side to attack ... he's in dire need of a plan ... click ... click ... click ... ping

init [roll0]

"As long as balance is mantained, the autorities can handle the rest ... ALARM" the huge robot yells

(Eviscerator will attempt a domino bullrush on the 2 guards, if it's still 2 against 1)
Opposed strength check for bull rush: +8 from size, +5 from feat, +2 as part of a charge +15 STR = +30
((grrr ... I don't have my books here right now ... borrowed them to a friend ...))

sun_tzu
2007-12-20, 04:53 AM
Spade

Initiative: [roll0]

qube
2007-12-20, 02:00 PM
aha, I got them back. eviscerator will push the first one in the same sqaure as the second one, and get a free trip attempt against both (without that they get a trip attempt back) if the bull rush is succesfull

- Bull rush against opponent 1 [roll0] (opposed to STR check w/ mods)
if successfull, opponent 1 and 2 land in the same square, and Eviscerator in an adjacent square.
- trip attemp against opponent 1 [roll1] (opposed to STR or DEX check w/ mods)
- trip attemp against opponent 2 [roll2] (opposed to STR or DEX check w/ mods)

Psionic Dog
2007-12-21, 09:11 AM
HP: 325/325 PP: 167/184
DR: -15/adamantine
--------------

Well, so far Gnaf's going second in our gang.

Gnaf will dart forward to the most dangerous looking arresting guard and trip him.

Expend psionic focus for an unavoidable strike, bite for non-lethal damage:
[roll0] [roll1] (Touch attack for subdual)
If it hits... [roll2]

Spring attack to move again (up to 30 ft) to the side to get out of the way of of the incoming E.

Edit: Finish turn by manifesting Hustle to gain an extra move action. Use move action to regain psionic focus.

PP: 164/184

qube
2007-12-22, 07:07 AM
((ooc: sun_tzu, Zimmia, burntsolace; I'm guessing we're waiting for your actions)).

Darn Gnaf will most likely be in my way for a charge ...
if he's in the way, take my adamantine scythe and perform a bull rush as standard action (giving a -2 on the check; and using his 15 ft reach ...)

Zimmia
2007-12-22, 12:42 PM
((EDIT: I meant to quote this for my post in the right order, and instead I edited it. Pretend it just isn't here))

Ki'Zanne

I made my action yesterday but I'll repost it here. I'd also hate to think how much those arrows would have done without the univers. resist ring :smalleek:

Ki grimaces with the pain inflicted by the arrows and then hardens her eyes and begins to pray in the cadence of the Lady.

Cast prayer: everyone in 40' radius, allies +1 attack, damage, saves and skill checks. Enemies in the radius are +1 to the same

Check for SR: 1d20+25

Spells cast:
lvl0 0/6
1 0/9
2 0/9
3 1/8
4 0/8
5 0/8
6 1/8
7 0/7
8 0/7
9 0/7

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-22, 01:15 PM
Alright, here's the initiative.


Supposed Assassin #3
Supposed Assassin #1
Jinx
Gnaf
Ki'Zanne
Supposed Assassin #2
Spade
Eviscerator
Qube, I need you to post a link to your character sheet in the OOC thread.


Four arrows fly toward Ki'Zanne. One misses it's mark, but the other three hit, causing massive damage. As they hit her, they erupt in fire and unholy power, hurting her even more. ((-60 health)).

One of the assassin almost instantaneously decapitates the guard, killing him.

burntsolace
2007-12-22, 02:55 PM
Jinx

Jinx looks on in awe as the guards are slain before his eyes.

"...stop.... Stop...... STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He screams at the top of his lungs. "I don't want to see them hurt anyone else...

He pulls out his sling and casts a spell.


AC: 49 HP:233
20% concealment

Jinx casts hold monster on all the assassins. Will save 30

Spells Cast
0: 0/6
1: 0/9
2: 0/9
3: 0/8
4: 0/8
5: 1/8
6: 0/8
7: 0/8
8: 1/7
9: 2/7

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-22, 08:58 PM
The assassin with the crossbow freezes in place, trying to reload. The other assassin looks at you and readies his sword.

Next in initiative: Gnaf.

Psionic Dog
2007-12-22, 11:33 PM
Gnaf

As soon as the alleged guards fired their arrows, Gnaf took of running right behind the halfling's spell. With every bound the worg seems to swell until he is as large as an elephant. Gnaf snaps at the sword-man, and tries to pull him to the ground before leaping back and retreating 40 ft to the side.


swift action: Augmented Expansion [Huge] (10ft reach)
move action: move to 10 ft away from 'guard'
Standard Action: Bite Guard. -4 Nonleathal, Power arrack [3], expend psionic focus
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Spring attack up to 40 ft to side if movement allows.

Power Points Remaining: 154

sun_tzu
2007-12-23, 09:24 AM
Spade

Fake guards. I should have guessed. Spade rushes toward the assassins, trying to disarm as many as he can.

Quick Draw. Not sure how many disarm attempts I get - if I'm close enough to use full attack, then I use all ten attack rolls; otherwise, I guess I get only two (one for each weapon). Anyway, Spade's going to start by disarming whichever assassin is still moving after Jinx, Gnaf and Kiz's actions; if he disarms them and still has attacks, he'll just hit the still-moving foes normally.
Attack rolls: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9]
Damage rolls (if necessary): [roll10], [roll11], [roll12], [roll13], [roll14], [roll15], [roll16], [roll17], [roll18], [roll19] (plus 1 point of constitution damage from blood loss for each hit. Crit range is 17-20, and I et a +4 for confirming criticals).

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-23, 07:06 PM
OOC:Sun_Tzu, in combat, please post in initiative order.

IC: The assassin attempts a hit on Gnaf, but Gnaf charges him too fast, giving the assassin a nasty wound on his arm and bowling him over.

Next in initiative: Ki'zanne!

Zimmia
2007-12-23, 07:27 PM
Ki'Zanne

I made my action yesterday but I'll repost it here. I'd also hate to think how much those arrows would have done without the univers. resist ring :smalleek:

Ki grimaces with the pain inflicted by the arrows and then hardens her eyes and begins to pray in the cadence of the Lady.

Cast prayer: everyone in 40' radius, allies +1 attack, damage, saves and skill checks. Enemies in the radius are +1 to the same

Check for SR: [roll0]

(EDIT: woot natural 20!)
Spells cast:
lvl0 0/6
1 0/9
2 0/9
3 1/8
4 0/8
5 0/8
6 1/8
7 0/7
8 0/7
9 0/7

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-24, 09:59 PM
OOC:Actually, they were really lucky with those rolls. Really, really lucky. But either way, I forgot about that. So, yeah. I'll change the damage (it won't change a lot.)

IC:The assassin still can't move, frozen reloading his crossbow.

NEXT IN INITIATIVE: Spade.

qube
2007-12-25, 07:11 AM
((ooc, I'm guessing Sun-Tsu's rolls are actions are in post 153))
((ooc, if the 2 guards and the 1 guard still stand when it's his turn, Big E's actions also haven't changed: yelling alarm, and domino bullrush (post 144) except that he draws his scythe and domino bull rushes (giving him 41 instead of 43 in his opposed strength bull rush check) instead of charging bull rush ))

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-26, 01:20 AM
Well, one assassin is on the ground, prone, and the other is frozen. That may change his options just a bit.

sun_tzu
2007-12-29, 06:36 AM
((Well, my actions don't change much - try to disarm the assassin who is neither prone nor frozen first; if I still have attacks left, disarm the one who is prone; if I still have attacks left, hit the one I first disarmed. I'll keep the rolls from my previous post.))

qube
2007-12-29, 07:44 AM
Then Eviscerators action is draw weapon (the human-bane one) + ready to domino bull rush the prone guard when he gets up gets up and then domino bull rush him against an other guard (preferably the one spade targeted).
(rolls in post 144, but with 2 less on initial bull rush)

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-29, 03:36 PM
((Well, my actions don't change much - try to disarm the assassin who is neither prone nor frozen first; if I still have attacks left, disarm the one who is prone; if I still have attacks left, hit the one I first disarmed. I'll keep the rolls from my previous post.))

OOC:There were three assassin/guards. One of them peeled off, and went away. He's the sniper, and you don't know where he is. Didn't I say he went away? I'm fairly sure I did.

sun_tzu
2007-12-29, 04:07 PM
OOC:There were three assassin/guards. One of them peeled off, and went away. He's the sniper, and you don't know where he is. Didn't I say he went away? I'm fairly sure I did.

((Yes, that's correct. A page earlier, before the fight actually started. What confused me was that you posted initiative for three assassins, leading me to think all three were in this fight.
Very well then. Spade will try to disarm the one who's prone, then knock him on the head with the flat of his blades for nonlethal damage.))

Halna LeGavilk
2007-12-30, 08:37 PM
OOC:The third assassin isn't "in the fight" persay. He's sniping you guys, and you don't know where he is.

IC:The assassin slashes at Spade's legs, but misses. Spade's swords fly out and knock the sword out of his hand. He grunts after he takes the hit after hit from Spade's swords, and finally falls unconcious, blood slowly seeping from a small wound in the back of his head.

OOC:I'm assuming that Eviscerator still takes those actions.

IC:Only three arrows fly out this time, accompianied by yelling and shouting. All three arrows miss their mark, landing harmlessly on the ground. Four Union Sentinels, heavily armed, come out in the street. "Had a bit of a scuffle, then, did we?" a dwarf in royal blue plate calls out.

burntsolace
2008-01-01, 04:31 PM
Jinx

Jinx looks up, at the guards.

"Yup more Garrote assassins probably from the looks of it. That would be the second time today they have tried to off us. But so far I like your city, what I have seen of it.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-01, 09:50 PM
The dwarf rubs his chin. "Garrote you say? Hmmm... I'll need to take you all in for questioning. As far as we know you haven't done anything, but the Garrote is nothing to trifle with. If they're coming after you, we'll need to know why. We'll also need to inform the Mercanes. " He looks at the frozen assassin who is starting to move a little bit, and the assassin on the ground, onconcious. He looks back up at you. "And next time, aim to kill, first shot, every shot. "
Just as the assassin begins to unfreeze, the dwarf walks over and calmly hits the assassin on the head with his shield. The assassin crumples to the ground, bleeding. "Men, take these assassins in for questioning." The dwarf walks towards you. "I assume you people came here for a reason, and the faster we get through this questioning, the sooner we'll be let out." He pulls out a small blue key. "Touch the key."

burntsolace
2008-01-01, 11:03 PM
Jinx

Jinx reaches out towards the blue key.

sun_tzu
2008-01-02, 03:42 AM
Spade

"W..." Spade tries to tell Jinx to wait before touching the key, but is too late. Let's just hope this time, we're dealing with real guards. Then again, if they were more assassins, they'd probably just have joined the fight...

qube
2008-01-02, 05:56 AM
Eviscerator

The metal gaint looks to the key, blinks twice and then touches it with his left index finger.

((ooc: perhaps a good time to note that he's immune to everything mind-affecting (either for dominate or for Heightened Zone of Truth ...) ... though I still need a bluff check to lie ))

Zimmia
2008-01-02, 09:50 AM
Ki'Zanne

'Just about anything is better than getting ambushed by assassins every hundred yards,' Ki mused to herself as she reached out to touch the key.

Psionic Dog
2008-01-02, 04:29 PM
Gnaf

Gnaf says nothing as he compresses back down to his usual size and paws at the key.

sun_tzu
2008-01-03, 03:47 AM
Spade

Assuming nothing bad obviously happens to the others, Spade touches the key.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-03, 07:36 AM
OOC: That's everybody, right?

IC: The key glows bright blue for a second. You are all transported to the Union Police station. The dwarf leads you all to a big conference room.
"I'll ask you questions as a group, to speed things up and becuse I don't think you guys did anything." He eyes you ever for a second, then continues. "Allright, first off, what are you here for in Union: business or pleasure? And if business, who are your employers?"

qube
2008-01-04, 12:44 PM
"Eviscerator / Big E"

The metal gaint follows the dwarf as they are leaded to the conference room. He has some trouble with the smaller doors, but otherwize he follows the 4 times smaller policeman to the room.

at the question, he thinks a little and replays
"We came to union for business, but for security reasons, it would be best if our work and imployers remained unknown. It is my understanding that the Garrote is a very strong organisation, and any misshap could cost the life of our imployers"

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-04, 08:57 PM
The dwarf eyes him suspiciously. "This is quite possibly the most secure fortress this side of the Material Plane. Look, I really need this information. Are your employers Mercane? You know that we work for the Mercanes, right?"

burntsolace
2008-01-05, 11:30 PM
Jinx

Jinx slink off behind Big E hoping someone else will answer. Since this seems like one of those big important question.


hide [roll0]

Zimmia
2008-01-08, 09:00 PM
Ki'Zanne

"We are... familiar with the Mercane, enough to know that they don't always appreciate their employees spreading their name to just any group of adventurers."

Okay, this is such a long shot, but the roller might like me today. Spot check to see if this looks like a 'normal' constabulary: [roll0]

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-08, 09:46 PM
You don't spot anything particulerly unusual, though it's quite obvious that he has custom armor. He is probably of a higher rank than most, judging by the markings on his cuffs and shoulders.

He laughs. "Well, we're the police, not any 'adventurers'. But, I do know the Mercanes, and I realize that they choose their employees well, and that I probably won't get anything more out of you. You're free to go." He opens the door and strolls out.

burntsolace
2008-01-09, 11:20 PM
Jinx

Jinx sneaks out from behind Big E.

So now what do we goto the boring library? Or go check out the matting habits or the Trolls?

qube
2008-01-10, 09:34 AM
Eviscerator

"I do not know ..."

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-11, 08:41 AM
Where are you guys gonna go next?

Psionic Dog
2008-01-11, 11:15 PM
Gnaf

Troll mating habits aren't very remarkable or pleasant. Gnaf dryly states. Even if you could see it here I haven't a clue why anyone would. The boring library sounds better than that! If you have a death wish I could just eat you and save us the trouble of finding the trolls.

Mmmmm...

Say, why don't we look for a food stand of some sort? I don't usually bother with cooked stuff, but a hot meal before we see the ice would be good. It would let us see more of this plane and city too.

qube
2008-01-12, 02:58 AM
Eviscerator

"That is a good idea: since we don't know our way here, we can do a basic exploration, by searching for food." the big robot replays the worg.

sun_tzu
2008-01-12, 08:04 AM
Spade

"That works, I suppose."

Zimmia
2008-01-12, 10:02 AM
Ki'Zanne

Well then let's go. A standing target is rather easy to hit after all. Let's just be alert for more ambushes.

burntsolace
2008-01-12, 01:56 PM
Jinx

Agreed! Let's go!

And Jinx goes skipping off.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-16, 08:52 PM
OOC:I'm really sorry guys, I've been really freakin' busy...
Ugh.....

IC:As you walk down the streets of Union, you find many, many different kinds of food, and hundreds of restaurants, and possibly thousands of stands.

The buildings are almost all light purples, azures, blues, and a few dark reds interspersed here and there. Thousands of different races walk the streets, selling strange and fantastic wares.

But the foods are possibly the most interesting of all. The aromas fill the streets, with meats, fruits, vegetables, grains, and several things you can't classify all taking up part of the delicious palate that is Union.

The choices between so many different foods.... Which will you try?

OOC:You can think of anything you want, they'll have it. I'm just asking because of cost and the like.

Psionic Dog
2008-01-16, 11:42 PM
Gnaf

The worg ignores the vegtables and focus on the fruits, grains, and meats.

"Well would you look at that, hafling ground-steak chilli. I think I'll pass though. That exotic gormet stuff is way too expense and I prefer larger heartier meals anyway."

In the end Gnaf orders a half a loaf of bread and a small chunk of cheese (both medium quality) he also looks for a bowl of hot pike, alligator, or emu stew, but if those are pricey he'll take something cheaper so long as it has chunks of meat that isn't chicken, snake, rodent, bovine, venison, amphibian, canine, or humanoid.

After all, if you're extraplaner don't order what you ate back home.

sun_tzu
2008-01-17, 08:46 AM
Spade

Spade checks out a somewhat surprising delicatessen: "Black dragon meat? Ew. As the saying goes, 'food that talks isn't food'. I guess I'll try the owlbear ribs..."

Zimmia
2008-01-17, 12:52 PM
Ki'Zanne

Eyes wide, Ki took in her surroundings. Foods she'd only ever heard of were all around her. It would have easily been possible to eat for a year and never have the same thing twice. She hones in on a variety of fruits from distant lands, eager to taste their diverse sweetness

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-18, 12:18 AM
As you buy the foods, none of them are pricey, but they add up to 50 gp.

The "sun", or the brightness of Union, whichever, seems to be barely midday. What else do you want to do?

qube
2008-01-18, 03:35 AM
Eviscerator

the big robot watis until his compagnions have eaten, and then asks
"when were we supposed to meat the others again ? ... my memory is still a little rusty ..."

burntsolace
2008-01-20, 03:33 PM
Jinx

Jinx looks up at Big E.

I think we are supposed to meet at the Planar Carto-something-or-other..... I wasn't really paying attention.... But that is supposed to be tomorrow. So what should we do for the rest of today?

Psionic Dog
2008-01-20, 03:55 PM
Gnaf

"I suppose we ought find this place where we are expected to meet our employers. It's probably we look for it now than close to the deadline." The worg suggests.

Zimmia
2008-01-20, 04:12 PM
Ki'Zanne

"I agree," Ki comments, "and in a place this big there must be a map somewhere."

Take 10 on a spot check to see if there if there is a big tree or signpost with a map, 14. If not, look around to see if there is an information area at all, failing that look for the nearest temple of a good god.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-20, 09:33 PM
You see three or four information kiosks, presumably set up by the government. You see many signposts, and a man selling maps on the street corner.

Zimmia
2008-01-20, 09:46 PM
Ki'Zanne

As the adrenaline of the former encounter wears off combined with good food, Ki'Zanne suddenly realizes that she is still injured and murmers a lyrical prayer to Xan Yee.

Walk over to one of the information kiosks. Is there a large map anywhere on it? If so, check that for the planar cartographic society. If it's not there, look to see if all the scholarly-type places are in one part of the city or if they're all spread out.

((If none of that is good, we'll go with plan B. Or is that C? Or X?))

Cast heal on myself: takes me back to full hp

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-20, 09:56 PM
OOC: It's plan Q.9.

IC: The map does show where the Planar Cartographic Society is; several miles to the north, and one level up.

Zimmia
2008-01-20, 10:11 PM
Ki'Zanne

"Ah, here it is," Ki says quietly as she walks back to the others. "It's some miles north and one level up from here. I guess we can either go find it now, or hope that the directions are good enough tomorrow."

qube
2008-01-21, 02:39 AM
Eviscerator / Big E

"In concurent with my programming, it would be best if we took a look throughout the city, casualy passing the building. that way, if you are followed, we do not necceraly lead them to it; while we already know the route to it. not to mention a few streets in the area ... "

burntsolace
2008-01-21, 08:14 PM
Jinx

Sounds good Big E! I think we should go see it but not too close. That would spoil the surprise for tomorrow?

Psionic Dog
2008-01-22, 09:45 PM
Gnaf

Sounds good, but what is this 'One level up?' The worg repeats uncertainly as he reexamines his surroundings, particularly the 'sky.'

Zimmia
2008-01-22, 10:22 PM
Ki'Zanne

"Planar cities such as this are so vast they have multiple levels in three dimensions, otherwise it would be as big as some countries. There should be portals at strategic locations that allow travel between these 'levels'."

She looks around, and if necessary goes back to the map to find one. "There's one..."

Fill in the blank with the location depending on if we can see one or if we have to find one. Also, if I'm wrong with what you're thinking Halna, let me know and I'll change this post.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-22, 10:41 PM
OOC:No, that's right. It's just stairs, more, than portals. Just make sure not to go up a level while your going up a level. :smallwink:

IC:You travel for several miles, and come to a large, winding staircase. Hundreds, if not thousands of people come up and down the staircase at one time.

After a time of climbing, you come to another level of the city. Vast, majestic temples soar in the sky, grand halls made of marble, and other, more vast monoliths (OOC: Not sure if that's a good word, but it sounds cool.) soar into the sky.

The Planar Cartographic Society is a large, marble building. A crowd seems to have gathered around, watching an event.

Pushing your way to the front, you see many armed warriors, spellcasters, and archers. Some, in the middle of the two other groups, seem to be guards of Union, and some seem to be coming from the PCS, and the rest are wearing red-striped mail.

"They are ours by right!" Shouted one of the red-stripes.
"They belong to us. We found them, by the rules of Planar Exploration, they are ours." Shouted one of the soldiers from the PCS.

What do you do?

qube
2008-01-23, 02:49 AM
Eviscerator/Big E

As by programming, the huge warforged reaches for his scythe. Then he remembers he's in union, and thus should not incite armed conflict.

He crowches himself to be on the same height as one of the bigger bystanders, and asks the man/woman/thing/non-of-the-above in his by default monotone voice.
"Excuse me ... What is going on here?"

sun_tzu
2008-01-23, 04:43 AM
Spade

Seeing the warforged stepping in, Spade stands right next to him, arms crossed.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-23, 10:57 PM
"Well, the explorers from the PCS just got back from a successful trip from one of the elemental planes, and were just about to go into their building, when these lads in red showed up. Now, I'm guessing, I don't know, I don't think anybody does. Except of course, for the people involved. Anyway, someone called the Sentinals, and now there's this huge standoff." The man looks up at Eviscerator and chuckles, and looks back. "Good thing you aren't in the fight, huh big boy? You'd be a winner there." He says, tapping your leg.

burntsolace
2008-01-23, 11:44 PM
Jinx

Jinx hides behind the leg of Big E. Listening to everything being said.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-24, 10:24 PM
OOC: Um... the Sentinals are in the middle of the standoff, preventing them from attacking each other. The leader would have no idea what you are talking about.

Zimmia
2008-01-24, 10:28 PM
((OOC I totally read it wrong. I'll delete my above post and replace it with this one - it's really only a couple of words))

Ki'Zanne

"Surely there's a way to have this discussion without causing a disturbance outside," Ki says as she comes around the side of Eviscerator with her hands tucked into the opposite sleeves of her robes as usual, and looks for whoever appears to be the leader of the group of red-striped inviduals and addresses him/her. "Are those facts relatively correct?"

burntsolace
2008-01-26, 09:02 PM
Jinx

Jinx step out next to Ki.

"Yea what she said. We have seen enough people fighting and we haven't even been here very long. So what can we do to help you gusy settles your problems here?"

Jinx looks up at both sides.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-01-28, 11:29 PM
The leader growls and looks you two over. "Look, all we know is that those bozos stole our armor. We wonder the Planes, and that armor protects us from the elements. We NEED that armor. And those idiots say they 'found' the armor. He growls again. "We keep it locked up in our base. There's no way they could have 'found' it.". The leader looks up with a bright idea on his face. "Say, could you guys go get that armor? If you do, I'm sure we have a couple of extra suits we can spare."

Zimmia
2008-01-29, 07:00 PM
Ki'Zanne

"So how did you come to find the armor?" Ki asks the leader of the PCS soldiers. "Are you aware that these people here seem to think you've taken it from them?

Ranks in sense motive would probably be good right about now, but I'll roll it just in case I get lucky: [roll0]

Can anyone help? :smallbiggrin:

Psionic Dog
2008-01-29, 08:49 PM
Gnaf

The worg silently watches the confrontation. He's diplomatic enough, for a worg, but he thinks a stand off in one the great planar cities calls for a bit more tact and charisma than he has.


Well Gnaf doesn't exactly have much talent but he does have a pretty good wisdom so...

[roll0]

Who are the red strips again? It was the red-strip leader who asked us to find the armor, wasn't it?

qube
2008-01-30, 02:06 AM
Eviscerator

Big E seems confused by the situation. why would I want to wrap myself in an other layer of metal?

(ooc: just letting you know I'm still here ... )

sun_tzu
2008-01-30, 05:16 AM
Spade

The warrior listens in. Hm. So the armor was stolen, but these guys claim to have found it...Theoretically, both claims could be right, if someone stole the armor and left it to be found. But why do that, except maybe to sow discord...?

[roll0]

burntsolace
2008-01-31, 03:43 AM
Jinx

Jinx stands next to Big E and waits to hear what both sides have to say.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-01, 10:25 PM
Ki'Zanne

"So how did you come to find the armor?" Ki asks the leader of the PCS soldiers. "Are you aware that these people here seem to think you've taken it from them?

Ranks in sense motive would probably be good right about now, but I'll roll it just in case I get lucky: [roll0]

Can anyone help? :smallbiggrin:

OOC:I'm changing the color of the PCS guys because it hurts my eyes.

"I've course I'm aware! They've been shouting about it for half an hour now! Look, we found it on the Plane of Ice! They are ours by right!"

OOC: Red-stripes want armor, yes.

Zimmia
2008-02-03, 06:21 PM
Ki'Zanne

"No one is doubting what you say," Ki assures the excited man. "But I'm sure you'd rather get to a solution now than in front of a magistrate. How did you come to find the armor?"

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-03, 09:35 PM
The man glares at you. "Who are you to be asking?"

Zimmia
2008-02-03, 09:39 PM
"Someone who's tired of watching you argue in the street," Ki replied with a mock smile but an edge of steel in her voice.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-05, 06:39 PM
"Unless you are with the Mercanes, or the PCS, lady I'd back off. You've got no business here."

Zimmia
2008-02-05, 06:49 PM
"Isn't it interesting how certain names keep popping up?" Ki asks in a conversational manner as she turns to look to her companions, raising an eyebrow.

Psionic Dog
2008-02-05, 07:30 PM
Gnaf

The worg's ear's ears perk up. This is clearly important news, but since Ki appears to have a good hold on the conversation he stays put.

burntsolace
2008-02-05, 09:12 PM
Jinx

"Mercanes? Like the blue skinned folks having troubles with the assassins?"

Jinx asks and then covers his mouth realising he might have said too much.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-05, 11:08 PM
The man laughs at Ki. "Name? Lady, I don't know where you've been, but Mercane is a species, not a name." He turns to Jinx. "Did you say assassins? What assassins?

One of the red stripes walks over. "What's this about Mercanes? Assassins? The Shield should be handling this!" The man is angry, coming close to shouting.

The dwarf from the Union Sentinals you saw earlier comes walking towards you shouting. "Alright you idiots, go back to your halls!" The red stripes hesitate. The red stripe nearest to you snarls. "We'll be back, just you wait." With that, they walk away, scaring and intimidating civilians who come near them.

The dwarf turns to the PCS members. "Go back into your hall." They walk back into their hall. Most of them have a proud look on their face.

He then turns to you, specifically Ki. "What the hell are you doing here? And don't bull**** me with stuff about Mercanes."

Zimmia
2008-02-05, 11:41 PM
"We have an appointment here tomorrow and wanted to find it today so we'd know where we were going. This little disagreement was in full swing when we got here."

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-06, 09:01 PM
The dwarf glares at you. "Alright then. Just be careful. I'm watching."

burntsolace
2008-02-06, 09:17 PM
Jinx

Well after all of our excitement what do you say we find a place to sleep for the night so we can come back here and look around inside?

Jinx starts to wander towards where he thinks a place to stay would be.

Zimmia
2008-02-06, 09:20 PM
Ki'Zanne

Ki gives the dwarf an enigmatic smile and bow, then turns to walk away with Jinx. "I think that's a good idea," she says as they walk. "Someplace with or close to the baths would be lovely."

sun_tzu
2008-02-10, 04:15 AM
Spade

"A good night's sleep definitely sounds good."

qube
2008-02-10, 04:46 AM
Eviscerator

Then I suggest we start looking for one, since you mortals can't function very well without sleep the metal gaint notes in his monotone, emotionless voice.

Psionic Dog
2008-02-11, 07:24 PM
Gnaf

A sensible suggestion. I don't care where we sleep as long as it will be restful.

Zimmia
2008-02-11, 09:57 PM
Ki looks around to see if she can find one of those information / map kiosks and looks for the area with accommodation that's suitable (safe without being 4-star, although if they happen to have baths nearby...)

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-12, 08:03 PM
You find several hundred places that might fit the description you want. Many of them have baths and other luxuries inside of it. About thirty are within walking distance.

Two have specifc securities for "Adventurers on the Go". Both are in walking distance. One is run by a Mercane, the other is run by a ex-adventurer like yourselves. The Mercane's is more luxurious, but the adventurer's offer a shop for supplies and magical ingredients. Which one will you go to?

burntsolace
2008-02-12, 10:38 PM
Jinx


Jinx pulls out a coin and flips it high in the air.

Head the Mercane, Tails the Other.



Flipping the coin....
[roll0] 1= heads 2= tails

Psionic Dog
2008-02-14, 08:52 PM
Gnaf

The worg sniffs snobbishly. "Well if that's the only way to make a decision sure, but wouldn't it be better to oh, pick the cheaper inn? Security and cost is all that matters. I have no use for luxuries, already own all the supplies I need, and do not have a limitless supply of gold. A supply that, meager as it is, is still greater than what some absent minded individuals here have."

Zimmia
2008-02-14, 09:50 PM
That makes a great deal of sense. If we are all agreed then, we will be going this way, Ki answers and starts off toward the ex-adventurers inn.

When we get there, Ki will look for the innkeeper and secure rooms for everyone for the night. Provided there enough rooms and no other females, Ki will opt for a room of her own, although she would share with one of the others if necessary.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-14, 10:39 PM
When you enter the hotel, it seems to be deserted. Then you hear a few sounds from the back. Out comes a limp old man, smiling gruffly as he nimbly dodges a flying pan coming from the kitchen. He shouts in an unknown language at a older-woman standing in the doorway, smiling. He grins and turn to you.

You ask for rooms, hopefully with security, and he grimaces. "Ya see, jus' a few days ago, Oi los' me best mate, and sec-uroity for the place, 'nd 'ave 'ad some trouble finding new sec-oirity. Oi've been giving a deal for every person that walks in thois place: foind me a new guard, and Oi'll let you stay free, plus have the pick of me best weapons. What'dya say? If ya don't want to look for one, jus' pay me the money, and Oi'll let you stay for free. Oi, by the way, me name's Garlon, what's yours?"

qube
2008-02-15, 01:52 AM
Eviscerator

the metal gaint replays "I am called ..." he looks down at Jinx and back to the innkeeper "Big E. If required, I could take guard duty for tonight, since I do not require any sleep"

burntsolace
2008-02-15, 10:23 PM
Jinx

Sounds good to me, I could use a good nights sleep.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-16, 04:21 PM
The innkeeper looks thoughtful. "Well, if ya choose not to look for a new guard, but proivide yer own sec-oirity, then I'll give ya the rooms for 'alf-price, but ya don't get the weapons. That soind better for ya?"

Zimmia
2008-02-16, 07:13 PM
Ki'Zanne

That seems reasonable - we get our lodging and you get your inn secured for the night. May we will browse your weapons and other wares tomorrow?

burntsolace
2008-02-17, 03:13 AM
Jinx

Oh wait.... we said we get stuff too if we protect his inn..... What kind of weapons do you have? And what kind of trouble might you expect?

qube
2008-02-17, 04:44 AM
Eviscerator

"The problem is that we are new in town and do not know where to look. If we encounter the oppertunity to find a guard though, we will gladly return." the gaint notes.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-17, 11:15 AM
The Innkeeper smiles. "Alright, a deal's a deal. 25 gp for yer rooms each, plus... how many rooms do ya want?"

sun_tzu
2008-02-18, 03:00 AM
Spade

Spade glances at his swords. "I'm content enough with my current weapons..."
When the matter of the rooms comes up, he turns to the rest of the party: "I don't particularly care who I room with. What about the rest of you?"

Psionic Dog
2008-02-18, 10:12 AM
Gnaf

"I have no use for weapons, but would be more than happy to split the cost of a room with someone, or even multiple someones."

burntsolace
2008-02-19, 08:35 PM
Jinx

Jinx looks up at Big E.

Can I borrow some gold or stay in your room? I am still broke...

Zimmia
2008-02-19, 08:54 PM
Ki'Zanne

Smiling good naturedly, Ki will pay the money for her room and ask directions to the baths.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-02-20, 12:07 AM
The man points Zimmia to the back.
There are steamy showers, a jacuzzi-ish type thing, actual hot baths(ala Rome) and several steams. Everything is co-ed.
An attendent there, a girl of probably 17, smiles shyly. "To save on space."

The man looks down at Jinx. "Why don't ye jus' room with this'un here?" he says, pointing to Spade.

burntsolace
2008-02-22, 11:03 PM
Jinx

That will work too!