PDA

View Full Version : The Planar Prize [evil party] IC



Pages : [1] 2

kentma57
2007-11-08, 06:01 PM
You have been traveling for some time, you have bonded to some degree though there is some fighting. As you wander through the streets of an elf aproaches you and blocks your path. As he eyes your party you notice something strange, his eyes are glowing. He says "I am looking for a powerful group of adventures, you look about right"


Note: You are currently in the Aglarond region of the Forgoten Relms.

The_Snark
2007-11-08, 07:17 PM
Svargithurik

The drake Svargithurik cranes his neck, staring at the newcomer. Not many people approach the party, and it is possibly because of him. Larger than a horse and resembling some fell blend between a wyvern and a true dragon, the drake makes an intimidating sight; and those who can identify what he truly is are often surprised that he hasn't simply attacked them yet.

When he speaks, it is in a deep, booming tone, softened so as not to carry too faróand carrying an accent normally found among noblemen. The drake's visage is threatening, but the words are courteous; come to think, it's probably difficult for his spined, reptilian visage to look anything but threatening. "You would be correct in assuming that we have some degree of talent in our respective fields, yes. May I conclude by your approach that you have a problem or task that needs undertaking?"

kentma57
2007-11-08, 08:02 PM
"You asume correct, and I did not get your name."

The Glyphstone
2007-11-08, 08:15 PM
Viktor Frykenstien

'Walking' along beside or behind Svargithurik, Viktor might at first go unnoticed simply due to the drake's sheer bulk. One noticed, though, few can easily look away, and fewer would feel inclined to get closer than a very safe distance away. His two normal arms, each an extra elbow joint and forearm longer than normal, are tucked against his chitin-coated torso, while his clawed third arm of fiendish flesh flexes and twists to and fro of its own will. His head doesn't move, but nor does it need to; one golfball-sized eye rotates constantly, taking in the surroundings, while the other fixates on the strange elf. A pair of twitching, buglike antennae sprout from his forehead. Below the waist, his four multijointed insectile legs fidget erratically, while the scorpion tail on his back curls and uncurls randomly. He opens his mouth, and again could not be a further contrast from the massive dragonkin, speaking in a cracked and oddly high-pitched tone.

"Viktor did not get your name either; in fact, Viktor believes nobody has said any names yet..."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-08, 10:24 PM
Rorrik Kannu'Xuat

Rorrik, likely extremely normal looking in comparison to the last two speakers despite his blood-red hair, amber eyes, pointed teeth and nails, red facial tattoos and long, reptilian tail. He fingered the handle of his rod of withering in his belt as he spoke to the elf. His voice was smooth and gruff at the same time, charming but intimidating like his crimson scaled ancestors.

"I suppose there's something in it for us?" He said to the elf as his tail swayed gently behind him. To him formalities like names aren't as important as a challenge to spend time on... especially one with a promise of positive retribution.

kentma57
2007-11-08, 10:26 PM
"Always is. Now let us go." and he leads the way down a side street.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-08, 10:28 PM
Smirking at the promise, Rorrik followed the stranger. Of course ready to defend himself against any tricks.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-08, 10:33 PM
Dameon

Appearing quite normal and out of place among his companions, Dameon's air of aloofness is all the evidence that remains of his former collegiate life. Why would he want to remind anyone of his former life. Those imbeciles couldn't see his genius when it was right in front of their face. That being so he will show them here.

While the stranger is conversing with his companions, Dameon studies the elf, trying to determine what is causing the glow. "I will give my name, once I have yours, elf."


Casts Detect Magic
[roll0] to identify magic effects.

kentma57
2007-11-09, 09:20 AM
"So you have some wisdon to go with that power, my name is Thufir Hawat"

To Kyroswolf
He does have magic items on his person.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-09, 03:39 PM
Dameon

"My name is Dameon. Why do you require the services of adventurers such as us?"


Continueing to concentrate on Detect Magic.

Did the Spellcraft check Id the effect in his eyes?

The_Snark
2007-11-09, 05:39 PM
Svargithurik

"I am Svargithurik," intones the drake, bowing his head politely; to those who speak Draconic, the name translates roughly to "Slays-the-brave". Fire glitters in his eyes as he examines the elf. "What, if I may inquire, is the nature of this problem? Or would you prefer to speak of that only in private?" Not that anyone was likely to be eavesdropping on them casually, but the drake is used to paranoia.

kentma57
2007-11-09, 06:38 PM
"Slays-the-brave, you say well your friends still seem to be alive, I wonder what that means. The problem an enterance to a old structure has been uncovered on Mr. Atreides land we would like you to investigate, he lives in the vila up the hill. Anything you find shall be a reward, plus something extra is Mr. Atreides feels like it."

To Kyroswolf

His eyes are glowing because the elf is under the efects of greater arcane sight; http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/arcaneSightGreater.htm

The_Snark
2007-11-09, 06:42 PM
Svargithurik

The abyssal drake opens its mouth in a ghastly grin, showing needle-sharp teeth. "We do not choose our names, Master Hawat. Look beyond a book's cover for its meaning."

He then frowns. "What makes your master think that anything lies within the ruins? It seems that if there is nothing to find there, we shall have wasted our time on nothing."

kentma57
2007-11-09, 08:58 PM
"What is down there we do not no, but it is powerful enough to repel most scrying atempts."

Toliudar
2007-11-10, 09:59 AM
Ursayk

I've been asked to step in for your absentee fifth member. Ursayk is here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=5949).

The dwarven woman glides along behind the others, her dull blue dragonhide armour and oaken shield the best indicator that she was involved in a violent trade. Oh, along with the fact that she rode the back of a massive cave bear.

Ursayk's brown hair and beard were plaited into rough dreads. She wore an oversized buckled leather collar around her neck, and kept a hand tangled in the bear's fur as they walked on after the elf.

I am Ursayk. Has anything come out of this entrance? Has anything strange been happening in town since its appearance?

kentma57
2007-11-10, 11:24 AM
"No, nothing."

Toliudar
2007-11-10, 05:11 PM
Ursayk

The dwarf tilts her head to one side, puzzled.

So, a fifty foot dragon, a dwarf on a giant bear and...

She points in Viktor's direction, not sure how to label him to the elf.

...these don't worry you, but a new entrance to some building on this codger's estate...that calls for powerful adventurers.

Okay, so what aren't you telling us?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-10, 08:42 PM
He looked upon the rest of the group as he traveled, keeping quiet and taking in as much knowledge as he could, but the sound of dangerous adventure is like a siren's call to him. "I bet it's something dangerous, something fun..." He reached behind him and gripped the hilt of his large curved sword and fingered the leather of it. "Red fang has been getting bored." A wicked smile with a thirst for adventure streaked across his face, baring many pointed teeth.

kentma57
2007-11-10, 09:31 PM
"That codger, as you call him pays me well to be concerned; with him, his family and his property. So you do not concern me unless you threaten one of the above, or I am ordered to make it my concern."

The_Snark
2007-11-10, 09:37 PM
Svargithurik

The drake nods slowly. "I see. Perfectly natural paranoia. And if the ruin repels scrying... I can see where there is cause for concern in that. Albeit not enough to give a definite offer of reimbursement, apparently." The draconian grin again; very probably, he is joking, since he hasn't insisted on being paid, but he might be serious at the same time.

kentma57
2007-11-10, 10:03 PM
"Good, we are here."

As he says this you round the last corner and a grand vila comes into sight. As you aproach you see an old elf walking towards the gate of the property, running behind him are two elven children. They all share one thing in common they each have glowing eyes similar to your guide's.

The old elf opens him mouth and says "I am Paul Atreides, and I assume you are the adventurers."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-10, 11:40 PM
"Indeed, we are... I am Rorrik Kannu'Xuat." Putting a small emphasis on his ancestor's name, which he has taken for himself. "I assume you are the one to supply adventure..."

The Glyphstone
2007-11-11, 05:50 AM
Viktor cackles.
Viktor Most delighted to make your accquaintance, Paul Atriedes. It is you that has some nasty tunnels under your house that need clearing of vermin?

(OOC: Would their eyes happen to be glowing....Blue?:smallbiggrin: )

kentma57
2007-11-11, 09:18 AM
Looking to Viktor "Close enough, now do you have any questions or should I have Thufir take you to the ruins?"

OOC: yes they all have glowing blue eyes

Toliudar
2007-11-11, 12:53 PM
Ursayk

The dwarf woman scowls. Elves. Somehow, resenting their smugness just feels...right.

She clears her throat.

Ruins? Do you know what they're ruins of? Former use, how old they are, that kind of thing?

kentma57
2007-11-11, 01:38 PM
"Well they are this way." starts walking down a old path "I know little of the ruins, but they are old this property has been in my family for thousands of years, so they are very old. For someone to hide it this well, for this long it is either very valuable or very dangerous."

Toliudar
2007-11-11, 02:17 PM
Ursayk

Ursayk strokes the neck of her bear companion, and he lurches forward after the old elf.

Or both.

She says nothing more, waiting to see the entrance.

The_Snark
2007-11-11, 03:42 PM
Svargithurik

Svarguthurik follows in a slightly uncharacteristic silence. For the elf to be so nochalant about him and some of the others meant he was either very accepting or, more likely, very desperate. Or simply an excellent dissembler. Two out of three might be cause for worry.

kentma57
2007-11-11, 08:45 PM
"True."
Soon you stop part way down the old path, it continues on for quite a streatch. Pushing through the trees he says "It is right here." (if you can detect magic you see nothing in the spot, not even normal background magic)
Thufir reaching down into the leaves that cover the floor pulls open a hatch, through the hatch you see a well lit corridor....

Kyroswolf
2007-11-11, 09:49 PM
OOC: apologize for lack of posting. I've been offline all weekend.

Dameon give his name upon meeting paul, but otherwise keeps to himself. He bores into his memory, trying to remember if he knows anything of the area from his studies, or of this elven family.


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Toliudar
2007-11-12, 12:30 AM
Ursayk

Once the hatch is revealed, Ursayk casts a pair of her simplest spells on herself and her companion. Well? Who wants to go first?

Casting Longstrider and Endure Elements on herself and the bear.

I'm assuming that a large creature can squeeze through the hatch. How far below is the tunnel?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-12, 12:32 AM
Rorrik seems eager to move through the hatch, a small smirk on his face as he thinks about potential for combat that is forthcoming, or so he hopes. His long tail whipping behind him as he leaps in. "I'm tired of all the talk... I for one am far more interested in getting to action..." He turns back looking into the glowing eyes of the elf, "Of course... without being stabbed in the back." he says after drawing his massive falchion.

kentma57
2007-11-12, 09:16 AM
Dameon give his name upon meeting paul, but otherwise keeps to himself. He bores into his memory, trying to remember if he knows anything of the area from his studies, or of this elven family.

Though they are old and powerful they do not stand out beyond that.

As Paul looks at Ursayk he pulls out a ring and says "You may find this useful, consider it part of your payment." and as he hands it to you he adds "Just tap the front to turn it on."

The_Snark
2007-11-12, 06:17 PM
Svargithurik

About to enter the tunnels behind Rorrik, the drake pauses as the elf offers Ursayk a ring. "I do not mean to offend, Master Atreides, but in our trade, caution pays, particularly when it comes to magic. I rather suspect our Ursayk wishes to know what the ring does before putting it on." He gives a smile. It was probably meant to be reassuring, but the needle-sharp teeth rather mar the effect.

Also assuming a Large creature could fit, since I'm Large.

Toliudar
2007-11-12, 08:59 PM
Ursayk

The dwarf handles the ring with surprising delicacy, turning it over in her hand.

Yeah, knowing what it does would definitely make it easier to use.

kentma57
2007-11-13, 07:20 AM
OOC: You will me told wen the elf comes back but it transmorfs you to a medium humanoid, also the ring will grow to fit. This just makes it easier when it comes to the dungeons.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-13, 10:09 AM
Dameon closes his eyes, gesturing slightly as he focuses upon a small silvered mirror he pulled form a pocket. Briefly a field of blue outlines his person then fades as he opens his eyes. "I am ready, shall we continue?"


Spell Turning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spellTurning.htm) caster level is 17 so duration of 170 minutes. Kentma, please roll 1d4+6 secretly, as the caster does not now how many levels of spells are effected.

Toliudar
2007-11-13, 11:16 AM
Ursayk

Ursayk glances at the ring, and the options it might provide her and the bear. She is about to tuck it away into a pocket, but thinks again and proffers it to the drake.

Well, I suppose this was meant for you.

Seeing Dameon prepare with his own spells, Ursayk casts a couple more charms of her own. First, the aura of bony plates covers both dwarf and bear, and then a slick sheen, before both auras fade. She smiles at Rorrik.

Don't worry. We've got your back.

Casting Freedom of Movement and Tortoise Shell, shared with the bear. Duration on both is 180 minutes.

kentma57
2007-11-13, 11:32 AM
OOC: the ring was meant for the drake, sorry there was some miscommunication.

Toliudar
2007-11-13, 11:44 AM
Editing post above to reflect this.

The_Snark
2007-11-13, 04:05 PM
Svargithurik

Svargithurik raises one wing to expose a smal leather pouch on his side, indicating that she should put the ring inówithout arms, he'd have trouble doing so.

Would Svarg need to be smaller than Large-size to fit into the dungeon? Or is it just a gift in general?

The Glyphstone
2007-11-13, 05:42 PM
Viktor eyes Ursayk's cave bear, pursing his pale lips, and muttering softly.
"That's better, Viktor thinks it would be more efficient if it were permanent...but some people cannot appreciate art."

Focusing on himself again, he mutters a short spell, turning himself and everything he is wearing a soft, off-white cloudy color. His two 'main' arms pull a long spear with curved back-pointing hooks on the tip from his back and hold it crosswise, while his arm and tail grafts twitch spastically.

"Okay, Viktor is ready."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-13, 06:25 PM
As Rorrik walks he activates the flames of his sword and rests it on his shoulder, the flames harmless on his skin. The taste of battle is so close he can taste it...

Toliudar
2007-11-13, 07:11 PM
Ursayk

As she places the ring in Svargithi..Svarighd...Svarg's pouch, Ursayk glances up in time to see Viktor's glance.

Touch the bear, freak, and I'll stuff those antennae so far down your throat you'll smell last month's pot roast.

She clutches a handful of the bear's fur, and whispers to him gently. He rumbles something, and lurches off after Rorrik.

kentma57
2007-11-13, 08:23 PM
Svargithurik

Would Svarg need to be smaller than Large-size to fit into the dungeon? Or is it just a gift in general?

OOC: it is meant to make things simple for example, you walk down a coridor while a little tight you can move. Make a reflex save to dodge the darts flying out of the walls, you take -10 due to you relative size to the coridor.

IC as you handle the ring it grows and stretches so that it is large enough to wear.

Toliudar
2007-11-14, 01:37 PM
Ursayk

As she slides back underground, Ursayk takes a deep breath and looks around.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

So...what do we see down in the tunnel?

kentma57
2007-11-14, 06:44 PM
As you enter through the portal you come to a flight of stairs 40ft long decending into the ground...

Magic related stuff: any spellcasters feel uncomfortable as they pass into the ruins...

The Glyphstone
2007-11-14, 06:59 PM
OOC: Define uncomfortable. Have my active spell effects stopped functioning?

kentma57
2007-11-14, 07:30 PM
OOC: Define uncomfortable. Have my active spell effects stopped functioning?

Your spell efects are fine, something just feels off.

The_Snark
2007-11-14, 07:33 PM
Svargithurik

Svargithurik places the ring in the pouch, using his tail now that it's large enough to do that without dropping it, and follows the dwarf down. He may not be able to feel the magical discomfort, but the need to fold his wings tightly against his body and tuck his head down has much the same effect.

kentma57
2007-11-14, 07:49 PM
As you descend the stairs(20ft) you come to a hallway it is 15ft long and then opens into a room...

The passage is lit by several torches.

Toliudar
2007-11-14, 09:51 PM
Ursayk

Nodding to the torches, Ursayk turns to speak to her companions.

Nice to feel welcome. Clearly, magic is working here - for now, anyway. The elf mentioned that divinations weren't piercing. Now that we're inside...Dameon? You got any divinations you can spare, test out whether we're getting any signals down here? I only got one, and it...might not tell us what we want to know.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-14, 11:55 PM
Damien seems to look internally as he considers his spells.

"I know several divinations, however as I specialize in Evocations and dabble in Conjurations, the only divination I have prepared is far more powerful than I would want to waste it merely to "test" the strength of this tunnel's protection. If we return tomorrow, or are required to remain here the night I shall prepare a more suitable spell."

Toliudar
2007-11-15, 08:03 AM
Ursayk

The dwarf shrugged.

I'm in the same situation, unfortunately. Well, I guess we're likely to be able to handle most surprises.

Rorrik, you still good to lead?

She peers forward towards the room.

kentma57
2007-11-15, 08:33 AM
Ursayk ventures down the coridor she come to the first room it opens to either side of the hall into a 15 by 15 room, in the center wedged tightly between the floor and the celing(5ft from floor to celing) is what apears to be a powerful staff.
Now that you are closer anyone using detect magic sudenly is able to see the powerful auras surounding the staff.

Toliudar
2007-11-15, 08:38 AM
Ursayk

Not entering the very low room, Ursayk reports what she sees back to the others. Glancing in, she looks especially to see if there are any seams or cracks along the floor or ceiling, and if there are any other exits from the room with the staff.

She happily backs up to make room for anyone else who wants to look.

Search check, with Stonecunning.

kentma57
2007-11-15, 02:58 PM
As you look around the room you notice that the walls are quite smooth and they do not join the roof, but wall seems to continue past the celing...

There is also a door strait across from you beond the staff.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-15, 05:33 PM
Rorrik, having been first to walk in looks around for anything noticeably out of place, trying to see what isn't obvious.
Spot: [roll0]

Toliudar
2007-11-15, 05:45 PM
Ursayk

The dwarf hisses to the dragonblooded warrior.

Watch it! I think that staff might be holding the ceiling up.

The_Snark
2007-11-15, 05:45 PM
Svargithurik

Svargithurik cranes his neck past the others, inhaling and checking the dry air for any scents other than those of his companions. "What a miserably tiny chamber," he comments in a low rumble. "Surely it was not built like that, unless the constructors of these ruins were halflings." A quick inspection of the walls reinforces the impression. "A falling ceiling, perhaps?" It doesn't seem like a simple staff should be able to stop such a device, but perhaps the staff was part of it.

Spot [roll0], Search [roll1]. Scent also detects creatures within thirty feet, although not their exact locations.

kentma57
2007-11-15, 06:05 PM
You notice nothing more about of the ordinary in the room, make a spellcraft check.

Toliudar
2007-11-15, 06:13 PM
Ursayk

I agree, Svarg. Hey, Damien! You got any walls of stone today?

Kyroswolf
2007-11-15, 06:14 PM
Dameon studies the room from the entrance, wondering what is the purpose of the rod. As he studies he responds, "I am sorry. I did not prepare my wall spells today. Perhaps a hand, to give the ceiling a forceful nudge?"

[roll0]

The Glyphstone
2007-11-15, 06:41 PM
One of Viktor's eyes watches the staff curiously, while the other rolls around to inspect each member of the group in turn.

"Viktor could get the staff from here - should Viktor grab it?"

Spellcraft (1d20+22=41) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1375640) - wooyah.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-15, 10:38 PM
OOC: Damn, no ranks in spellcraft.
Rorrik looks the staff over, unable to discern anything from it. "Anyone know what this things does?"

Toliudar
2007-11-15, 11:01 PM
Ursayk

Well, for now, we think it holds up the ceiling.

Svarg, are you going to be able to squeeze through and around that staff without disturbing it?

kentma57
2007-11-16, 07:12 AM
OOC: it is a 15 by 15 room the staff has over 7ft of clearence on all sides.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-17, 07:17 AM
Rorrik scratches his chin and then smirks, a proverbial light-bulb gleaming over his head. "I can put up a wall of force... blocking the massive slab from crushing us to death and we can take the staff easily..."
His unusually pointed tongue licks his unusually pointed teeth, he seems to enjoy the sound of his own plan. His tail likewise sways back and forth.

Toliudar
2007-11-17, 12:23 PM
Ursayk

Do we even want this staff right now? I'd be just as happy to keep going. Otherwise, if we're right about the ceiling, it comes crashing back down behind us when the wall of force stops. Not a thought I treasure.

I say slip around it carefully now, and grab it on the way out. I'm pretty sure we can slip around.

She pats the bear's fur to clarify that by "we" she means "the bear and I".

But Svarg, you okay in this form, or do you want to try out that new ring?

The_Snark
2007-11-17, 03:50 PM
Svarguthurik

Svarg grunts in surprise, and stops slowly shaking his head. "A good plan. That ceiling would give me enough trouble without having to worry about weaseling around the staff." Using his tail, he carefully removes the ring from its pouch, looking at it slightly suspiciously before slipping it on over another ring and waiting to see what happens.

kentma57
2007-11-17, 04:15 PM
When Svarguthurik slips on the ring there is an immediate effect, the massive drake is no longer there. Infront of you stands a rather scaly huminoid, medium sized but it looks as though it could be a half-dragon.

All efects for your character are the same you just count as medium sized

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-17, 04:31 PM
Rorrik looks at the now humanoid drake in surprise. "Looks good on you. Shall I put up the force wall now?" Rorrik says as he cracks his knuckles all at once.

Toliudar
2007-11-17, 05:48 PM
Ursayk

The dwarf growls briefly, thinking.

A wall of force is an admirable precaution, Rorrik. But know that if you take away the staff, you stand a good chance of stranding us on one side or another of these rooms. I might be able to get away into the earth, and I suspect that others...

She glances at Viktor and Damien.

Might have escape routes, but...why block off our known exit if we don't have to?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-17, 05:54 PM
He raises an eyebrow and shows a toothy smirk, and looks the dwarf in the eyes. "What's the point of adventure if it isn't adventurous...? Magical power may very well be at our finger-tips. If we leave now... no risk, no reward... and we may never get what's at the end of the maze."
He then begins to make the arcane gestures and vocal components of his spell, and an instant later an invisible wall of force appears an impossibly close distance between the top of the staff and the ceiling. "Someone else going to grab it or shall I do the honors?"

The_Snark
2007-11-17, 06:00 PM
Svarg

The now-humanoid drake looks down at himself curiously, flexing two completely new limbs as if testing them. His wings and spined tail flap about as if testing the new form's strength. "Curious."

"I think that before you take the staff, you should make sure it is at least worth the risk first. Is it magical at all?"

Toliudar
2007-11-17, 06:00 PM
Ursayk

The dwarf shook her head. She had candles older than this boy. They didn't listen all that well either.

I didn't say leave without it, kid. Just leave it for the way out. Because I'm planning to walk back out.

Once the wall of force appears, she urges the bear forward, and they slide past on the side of the room away from the staff, into the tunnel on the other side. She sniffs, and peers further into the darkness.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

kentma57
2007-11-17, 06:13 PM
As Ursayk looks through the door on the far side of the room the corridor is now lit by torches, it is 15ft long then it turns right...

Back to the wall of force, anyone useing detect magic notices something strange where the wall meets the celing. Where the wall meets the celing the magic seems fuzy and weak.

Toliudar
2007-11-17, 06:17 PM
Ursayk

DOH! Forgot that it was a door, and not a doorway, on the other side. Well, now that she's beens stupid and lived to tell the tale...

Glancing through the door, Ursayk reports.

Looks like another small stretch of passage, and then a turn ahead here. More torches. I'm going to trot ahead to the turn. Join me when you can.

The bear squeezes through the doorway, and the two move to the curve in the passage.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-17, 06:35 PM
"...If for some reason my little plan doesn't work... I can always disintegrate the stone." Rorrik says as he holds his chin as though pondering, and considering that he's also talking, pondering out loud.

The_Snark
2007-11-17, 06:43 PM
Svargithurik

Svarg follows the dwarf through the door, glancing once at the staff. "Leave it; we can always come back for it." He follows Ursayk down the corridor, removing the ring once he's out of the cramped room; having an extra set of limbs felt very odd.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-17, 06:50 PM
He sighed and silently agreed as he followed the two down the hallway.

kentma57
2007-11-17, 08:56 PM
I forgot to say this earlier, but DC 30 spell crasft (I am sure someone will pass that) reviels that the staff is a "staff of power".

Kyroswolf
2007-11-17, 08:57 PM
Damien follows the group down the hall, but not before taking a closer look at the force wall meeting the ceiling.


[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-17, 09:28 PM
OOC: If no one minds telling me that I can use my idea to disintegrate the stone, or pull the staff toward us using telekinesis, without the risk of crushing us all.

Toliudar
2007-11-18, 01:24 AM
[roll0] Spellcraft check.

Edited to decrease unnecessary bitchiness.

kentma57
2007-11-18, 08:14 AM
As you continue beond the turn you encounter another 15ft of hallway, it then opens into a room.

The Glyphstone
2007-11-18, 09:41 AM
OOC: Describe said room?

kentma57
2007-11-18, 09:55 AM
OOC: Describe said room?

I assume you walk to the door then...

Well as you look into the room, th first thing you notive is that it seems to be scorched black. The room is circular, 40ft across, and there is a hall that opens on the opposite side of the room...

Toliudar
2007-11-18, 12:43 PM
Ursayk

Glancing back, and getting out of the way so that Svargitharnuk...Svarigmukluk...Svarg can have a better look, Ursayk calls back.

Round room, passage on other side. Walls are scorched. How's it going back there?

kentma57
2007-11-18, 12:52 PM
Ursayk
Round room, passage on other side. Walls are scorched. How's it going back there?

Correction walls, floors, and ceiling are scorched.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-18, 04:05 PM
He walks in scratching his chin and resting his sword on his shoulder, the flames of the blade harmlessly flickering against his skin. He inspects the area as he stands in the center of the room. "...Looks like someone or something did quite a number on this place."
He looks back at the group over his shoulder, "Not that I'm complaining. I've something of an affinity for fire."

The_Snark
2007-11-18, 04:11 PM
Svargithurik

"Better let me go first." The drake squeezes through the door to see if anything will happen.

kentma57
2007-11-18, 05:01 PM
Nothing apears to have happened...

The_Snark
2007-11-19, 12:21 AM
Svargithurik

When fire fails to spray from the walls, Svarg glances about the room, inspecting the char marks to see if he can deduce anything from them and sniffing the air.

Search [roll0] and scent to see if the char marks are recent, or if there's any creature within 30 ft.

kentma57
2007-11-19, 09:01 AM
As you search the room you notice several peresure plates as well as trip wires all have been disabled. There are no other people in the room (excluding your party).

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-19, 11:11 AM
"...Maybe someone's been through here, and if they were... possibly still close by. I know better than to not prepare myself..." Rorrik takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, moving his flaming sword before him, it leaves behind a lingering trail of flames that seem to encompass him in a halo of fire. Opening his eyes again, they seem to glow dimly from within.
Getting into my Holocaust Cloak stance as a swift action, just to be sure...

Toliudar
2007-11-19, 12:21 PM
Ursayk

Still hanging back on the other side of the room - no need for all of them to be in there at once - Ursayk calls out.

What are you seeing on the other side, there, Svarg?

The_Snark
2007-11-19, 12:50 PM
Svargithurik

"A good question." He moves to the other side of the room, looking through the hallway and keeping eyes and ears alert.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-19, 01:11 PM
Sorry guys but I have to withdraw. Real life concerns are picking up, and the game I am DMing is taking more of my time. I am sorry to drop just as it is beginning, but I can't put the effort behind Damien that I would like to.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-19, 08:13 PM
Sorry guys but I have to withdraw. Real life concerns are picking up, and the game I am DMing is taking more of my time. I am sorry to drop just as it is beginning, but I can't put the effort behind Damien that I would like to.

Well damn, we'll need a new 4th man then, won't we?

kentma57
2007-11-19, 08:23 PM
Sorry guys but I have to withdraw. Real life concerns are picking up, and the game I am DMing is taking more of my time. I am sorry to drop just as it is beginning, but I can't put the effort behind Damien that I would like to.




Well damn, we'll need a new 4th man then, won't we?

Sorry to see you go, and I will see what I can do to get a new member. If anyone has a friend they would like to suggest, tell them and me.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-19, 10:14 PM
Sorry to see you go, and I will see what I can do to get a new member. If anyone has a friend they would like to suggest, tell them and me.

I have someone interested, they'd just need to make a character.

kentma57
2007-11-20, 06:57 AM
I have someone interested, they'd just need to make a character.

Sure I will give them a few days to submit a chartcer, then I try to find someone else.


Back to the game, as you stare down the hallway, you see that it go strait for another 20ft then turns right...

Toliudar
2007-11-20, 09:43 AM
Ursayk

Once Svarg and Damien have cleared space in the passage beyond, Ursayk and the bear will lope through as well, following them forward.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-20, 03:37 PM
Rorrik also steps through, making sure to stay close to the front line where he's most handy.

The_Snark
2007-11-20, 03:42 PM
Svargithurik

"Hmmm. Something the last people here before us left, I fancy," comments the drake, giving the room one last look before squeezing through the doorway and continuing down the hallway.

He tests the air before turning the corner. Unlikely anything alive was hiding down here, but it paid to be cautious.

kentma57
2007-11-20, 05:56 PM
As you turn the corner, you notice something out of place in the hallway, there are large, razor sharp blades sticking out of the walls. On closer inspection you realize that they are all jamed in place by small metal tools...

The hallway is 40ft long with the baldes starting at the 15ft point and ending 30ft point (20ft of baldes) then the hall turns right.

Toliudar
2007-11-20, 06:02 PM
Ursayk

The dwarf looks forward at the stretch of blades along the walls ahead. She gestures at them, glancing at Rorrik.

Here would be a perfect place for those walls of yours.

The_Snark
2007-11-20, 06:06 PM
Svargithurik

"I don't know that that's necessary." Svarg peers at the nearest of the blades, careful not to get too close. "Somebody, it seems, has kindly done our work for us... but how long ago, I wonder?" Suddenly the elf's assertion that they were the only ones sent in seems less certain; how long would metal tools last in the tunnels?

Svarg inspects the tools and blades both for signs of age, whether they be rust, dust, or something else.

Search? Don't know what other skill this would be. Trying to tell how long the blades have been jammed. [roll0]

Ellas Aramond
2007-11-21, 12:54 AM
Hi, Krimm told me that there was an opening, and well, I've got a character made right here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=32392).

I'll put some fluff in later, I'm just kinda burned out right now.

kentma57
2007-11-21, 06:53 AM
To The_Snark, try appraise.

To Ellas Aramond, Hi

Toliudar
2007-11-21, 10:11 AM
Ursayk

[Welcome, Ellas!]

Ursayk cranes forward, trying to figure out what the tools were meant to be used for.

kentma57
2007-11-21, 02:53 PM
They look like thieves tools...

The_Snark
2007-11-21, 04:15 PM
I knew that skill existed for a reason. [roll0]

Ellas Aramond
2007-11-21, 04:18 PM
So, yeah, I'm not sure how you want me to enter in. Like I've been in the party the whole time, or somehow else?

Toliudar
2007-11-21, 06:48 PM
Ah, what the heck: Appraise check for Ursayk [roll0], add 2 if the items count as stonework.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-21, 09:49 PM
When in Rome... Appraise: [roll0] Heh, I have a racial bonus to it.

kentma57
2007-11-22, 07:09 AM
They look brand new, though they could just magical...

The Glyphstone
2007-11-22, 12:13 PM
Viktor reaches out with his long arms to grab one of the bits of metal and try to take a closer look at it, both bulging eyes fixated intently.

kentma57
2007-11-22, 05:20 PM
As you grab one of the thieves tools the blade it was jamming springs out towards your outstreatched arm. Make a reflex save...

The Glyphstone
2007-11-22, 11:11 PM
Reflex save (1d20+15=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1387736)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-23, 05:30 AM
OOC: That a save we all need to make or just Vik?

The Glyphstone
2007-11-23, 06:39 AM
I think just me- he did mention Viktor's outstretched arm.

Toliudar
2007-11-23, 09:48 AM
Good thing you can always just make another one. :smallwink:

kentma57
2007-11-24, 10:19 AM
Right only Viktor has to make the save.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-25, 06:46 AM
Reflex save (1d20+15=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1387736)

So does his save make it?
Also, my friend's still wondering about where he comes in.

kentma57
2007-11-25, 08:53 AM
You pass... the blades sing by Viktor's arm without causing any damage.
(you can continue down the hall now, and if the game seems a little slow(in terms of action) don't worry it is part of my plan)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-25, 06:18 PM
Rorrik blinks as the blade sings with that familiar metallic tone, as it passes harmlessly by Viktor's arm. "Close one." He says as he continues first down the hall.

Toliudar
2007-11-25, 07:33 PM
Ursayk

Shrugging to Viktor as she tightens her grip on the bear's fur, Ursayk follows Rorrik further onwards.

Ellas Aramond
2007-11-26, 12:36 AM
Deneb Siandon

My apologies for the sudden exit. the angel of death says to the party as he appears seemingly from out of nowhere. I had some...hmm, what should I call it? Business. Yes, I had some business to attend to.

He says all this with a almost annoyingly amused smirk on his face. Although most would label him elven, his blue eyes that seem to take in all around him, and lightly tinted blue skin would betray otherwise. Also, peculiarly, his shoulder black hair, and blackish-blue cloak move about as though caught in a light breeze. He also stands about an inch off the ground.

It took me a second to find you all, with you vanishing underground like that. Oh, and we may have a slight problem, he becomes serious at this. I knocked over a staff on my way over here, and that caused the ceiling to cave in. We're going to have to find another way out.

I've got my Balance on the Air stance active, and Buff 1d20+12 for that fib I just told.

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted me to do, Kentma. But after waiting four days for an answer, I got impatient.

And by the way, I didn't actually knock the staff down, that's what I'm bluffing about.

Ellas Aramond
2007-11-26, 12:40 AM
and here's the check result I screwed up on.
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-26, 01:23 AM
I assume you mean we have to make the Sense Motive checks.
Sense Motive: [roll0]
If only my wisdom wasn't terrible.

Toliudar
2007-11-26, 02:19 AM
Did someone say wisdom?

[roll0] Sense Motive for Ursayk.

The bear pretty much believes him, though.

kentma57
2007-11-26, 07:19 PM
As you pass beond the blades (nothing happens) you come to a corner as you round it you come to what seems to be an empty hallway...

Make a spot check.

Ellas Aramond
2007-11-26, 07:24 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Curse spot not being a class skill.

Toliudar
2007-11-26, 07:24 PM
Ursayk

Do I even want to know what kind of business you do, Siandon?

Spot [roll0]

kentma57
2007-11-26, 07:27 PM
Deneb Siandon
I'm not sure if this is what you wanted me to do, Kentma. But after waiting four days for an answer, I got impatient.


Sorry, I had ment to tell you to just jump in, I must have forgoten.

Ellas Aramond
2007-11-26, 07:36 PM
I'll give you a clue, he grins, pulling out two of his daggers from a strap across his chest and spinning them in his hands. It involves these daggers, and other items of their nature.

He replaces the daggers in an instant, but the smile never leaves. I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you.

Don't worry about it, kentma.

Oh, and yay for being cliche.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-26, 07:41 PM
Spot: [roll0]

The_Snark
2007-11-26, 07:51 PM
Svargithurik

The drake chuckles at Deneb's comment. "That is quite enough, thank you."

Spot [roll0], scent notices any creature within 30 feet.

kentma57
2007-11-26, 07:56 PM
You notice somethin wedged in the floor up ahead(15ft).

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-26, 10:08 PM
"What d'you wanna bet it's another disabled trap ready to be re-sprung?"

Ellas Aramond
2007-11-26, 10:27 PM
Well, testing it from afar is always an option. Deneb said, spinning a dagger that had "found its way" into his hand.

Toliudar
2007-11-27, 12:47 AM
Ursayk

Shifting herself and the bear back, just in case, the dwarf shrugs.

Worth a try.

Ellas Aramond
2007-11-27, 02:22 AM
Moving back 15 feet, Deneb sheathes his dagger and moves his arm back into a throwing position. As he does so, a javelin made of pure, near invisible force appears in his hand.

Everyone may want to take a step back, just in case.

Letting a moment pass for the others to move. He lets the weapon fly at whatever is wedged in the floor.

Javelin Attack: [roll0]

kentma57
2007-11-27, 09:28 AM
The force spear smashes into whatever is wedged into the floor and suddenly the floor seems to drop away, there is now a 15ft long hole in the floor...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-27, 05:17 PM
Rorrik smirks. An easier problem has never faced itself before him. He moves his hands in arcane gestures and speaks the draconic words of his ancestors to complete a spell, an unseen force enhancing the muscles in his legs, he then runs for the hole and leaps over.
Expanding a 1st level spell slot to cast jump, giving me a +30 bonus to Jump checks, and then jumping across.
Jump: [roll0]

Toliudar
2007-11-27, 06:03 PM
The dwarf sees what Rorrik is planning, and begins digging in her pack for rope. You know, just in case.

kentma57
2007-11-28, 07:04 AM
Before you jump I forgot to warn you that there are a few magic auras floating over the pit.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-28, 05:54 PM
Before you jump I forgot to warn you that there are a few magic auras floating over the pit.

Er, I don't suppose I can take back that last action before the auras are figured out?

kentma57
2007-11-28, 08:56 PM
Yes, you can take back the jump.

Toliudar
2007-11-28, 10:43 PM
So, what do the auras look like, and where are they?

kentma57
2007-11-29, 07:40 PM
The auras are over the pit, about 10ft of the way across. Make a spell craft check...

Toliudar
2007-11-29, 09:06 PM
Absolutely: Spellcraft [roll0]

kentma57
2007-11-30, 09:14 AM
Right, this only aplies to people who have a detect magic effect going. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-30, 10:16 PM
Which sucks for me because I have detect magic ready to be cast but no ranks in Spellcraft.:smallfrown:

kentma57
2007-12-01, 08:25 AM
So if you have detect magic going make a spellcraft check...

The_Snark
2007-12-01, 03:03 PM
Did any of us have Detect Magic up? Who detected the auras?

Toliudar
2007-12-01, 04:04 PM
Truth be told, I don't think any of us have detect magic going.

kentma57
2007-12-01, 05:19 PM
Truth be told, I don't think any of us have detect magic going.

Sorry, must have you mixed up with the other group.

Back to the game...

You watch as Rorrik jumps the gap (oblivius to the aura) about 10ft down he stops cold as he smashes into a invisible wall (you guess). Rorrik starts falling down the hole.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-01, 07:00 PM
Oh hell... I don't know if I can finish it in time, but I'm gonna try casting fly.
He makes a few gestures with his clawlike hands and speaks a few arcane words as he plummets in hopes to keep himself propelled into the air instead of colliding solidly with the ground below.

kentma57
2007-12-02, 10:01 AM
Oh hell... I don't know if I can finish it in time, but I'm gonna try casting fly.
He makes a few gestures with his clawlike hands and speaks a few arcane words as he plummets in hopes to keep himself propelled into the air instead of colliding solidly with the ground below.

Make a concentration check.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-02, 07:11 PM
Concentration: [roll0]
Woo! Natural 20!

kentma57
2007-12-03, 01:00 PM
You manage to cast fly just as you begin to fall, escaping injury.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-03, 03:02 PM
Rorrik lets out a sigh of relief as he floats there above harm and then flies up the shaft and back up to his team. "Looks like a dead end, unless one of us can do away with the wall of force..."
Just for effect, he continues to float about a foot off the ground.

Toliudar
2007-12-03, 06:02 PM
Ursayk

The dwarf purses her lips.

You want to try flying over or under the barrier first?

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-03, 09:03 PM
Well, that was a close one. Deneb commented, looking down the shaft to see if Rorrik would go splat or not.

I believe we should check for anymore surprises before we try again. he said smugly. I do not want a fireball going off on me when I am merely trying to get to the other side of this zephyr-forsaken pit.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-03, 09:17 PM
Rorrik silently agrees with the dwarf as he floats over to the invisible field and feels around it to see if there are any openings in it. "If there is no way around it... I can very well disintegrate it."

The_Snark
2007-12-03, 09:18 PM
Svargithurik

"What a good idea," the drake remarks at Deneb's observation, pleasantly enough that it must be sarcasm. "If you can remove the barrier with magic, that seems a good solution to me."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-03, 09:34 PM
Svargithurik

"What a good idea," the drake remarks at Deneb's observation, pleasantly enough that it must be sarcasm. "If you can remove the barrier with magic, that seems a good solution to me."

"Very well." Rorrik again makes the arcane gestures and words of a spell, pointing his finger at the same spot he collided with it earlier after backing up 5 feet through the air and fires a thin, green beam of light, attempting to disintegrate the wall of force.

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-03, 11:10 PM
Seeing Rorrik's attempt to remove the barrier, Deneb launches to a spell of his own. Muttering a few arcane syllables, he imbues his eyes with the power of magesight; hoping to locate and identify any possible hindrances.

Casts Detect Magic.
and Spellcraft check for Detect Magic: [roll0]

Edit: Owww, rolled a 1.

kentma57
2007-12-04, 09:45 AM
Deneb is unable to identify the magic...

Rorrik, I assume you are casting disintigrate...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-04, 04:21 PM
Yes, it is disintegrate.

kentma57
2007-12-04, 08:32 PM
Deneb looks on as the two spells colide and as niether is left standing.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-04, 09:05 PM
He smirks and floats to the other side, remaining not yet in the hallway but where the wall once stood.

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-04, 09:14 PM
He takes another glance around the pit, making sure that there aren't anymore magical traps.

Okay, lets try this again.

Spellcraft: [roll0]

Toliudar
2007-12-04, 09:21 PM
Ursayk

And then let's repeat the process, only bigger.

Jump check for the bear: DC 10 for a 10' running long jump, I think.

[roll0]

Ursayk motions for the bear to back up a bit down the hallway. Once Rorrik and Deneb have clear space on the other side, she grunts, and the bear lunges forward, leaping across the pit.

kentma57
2007-12-05, 06:23 PM
You make the jump...

Toliudar
2007-12-05, 07:48 PM
Some sense of what's beyond the pit, please?

kentma57
2007-12-05, 08:29 PM
The hall continues on for 10ft then turns right...

OOC: I wonder if any of these halls are overlaping?

The_Snark
2007-12-05, 08:42 PM
Can we use our depthometer, by which I really mean our dwarf and her stonecunning, to tell if we're going lower or staying at the same height in a maze?

kentma57
2007-12-06, 09:08 AM
You can't tell...
Do you wish to continue around the corner or wait for your party to get across the hole?

Toliudar
2007-12-06, 10:06 AM
Ursayk

This is...odd. We've been underground less than ten minutes, and yet I can't get a feel for where we are. Trust me when I tell you that that doesn't happen very often.

Shifting forward into the corner, Ursayk is both making room for Svarg and Viktor to come through, and seeing what's around the bend.

Pre-emptively:
[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-06, 11:21 AM
An odd thing indeed. Deneb says as he walks right over the pit, as though it were solid ground. Something tells me that this is going to be a intresting day.

He smirked when he got to the other side, leaving room for the rest of the party. So, are you coming?

kentma57
2007-12-06, 02:08 PM
As you look around the corner notice a room. It is 10ft from the corner and opens in what looks to be 15 by 15 ft room. You notice a chest in the middle of the room and more importantly there is a figureslouched over the chest.

The_Snark
2007-12-06, 02:23 PM
Svargithurik

Svarg easily glides across the pit behind Deneb. He glances about the corner cautiously, sniffing the air for the scent of death at the sight of the body. "Well, well... perhaps our predecessors grew overconfident here?"

Scent- ought to be able to tell if it's dead, unless it's very well-preserved.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-06, 09:49 PM
Rorrik grins as he takes his sword in both hands, hopefully soon he'll get to use it.

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-06, 10:44 PM
Svargithurik

Svarg easily glides across the pit behind Deneb. He glances about the corner cautiously, sniffing the air for the scent of death at the sight of the body. "Well, well... perhaps our predecessors grew overconfident here?"

Perhaps, Deneb replies, training his still active magesight on the hall way and room beyond. But if the rest of this maze is anything like that pit, then I don't trust it.

Spellcraft [roll0] on any possible auras within view.
Edit: I think my dice are loaded...

kentma57
2007-12-07, 07:00 AM
There are some auras lingering in the room they do not seem active or powerful...

ps: the thing is dead...

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-07, 11:41 AM
It appears that there aren't any active magics though. Deneb says as he starts into the hallway, But I'll search the place for anything mundane, just to be safe.

Searching the hallway and room ahead. [roll0]
Ugh, these dice hate me.

kentma57
2007-12-08, 09:20 AM
It appears that there aren't any active magics though. Deneb says as he starts into the hallway, But I'll search the place for anything mundane, just to be safe.

Searching the hallway and room ahead. [roll0]
Ugh, these dice hate me.

Sorry you don't find any traps...

Toliudar
2007-12-08, 10:53 AM
Ursayk

Trusting to the aerialist's judgement, Ursayk and the bear lumber through the small room, ignoring the chest and the man slumped over it. She peers into the corridor beyond, noting whether it too is lit by torches.

kentma57
2007-12-08, 12:24 PM
Ursayk

Trusting to the aerialist's judgement, Ursayk and the bear lumber through the small room, ignoring the chest and the man slumped over it. She peers into the corridor beyond, noting whether it too is lit by torches.

There isn't a corridor beond this room...

ps: the room is biger than I said previously, it is now 25ft-by-25ft(with the chest and the body in the middle).

Toliudar
2007-12-08, 12:44 PM
Ursayk

Glancing about the room, Ursayk shrugs and looks over at Deneb.

You notice any secret doors in the room? Or do you need to look again.

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-08, 05:53 PM
Ursayk

Glancing about the room, Ursayk shrugs and looks over at Deneb.

You notice any secret doors in the room? Or do you need to look again.

Deneb silently nods, and takes another look around the room.

Come on, big money.
Search: [roll0]

The_Snark
2007-12-08, 06:01 PM
Svargithurik

Letting Deneb check the walls, Svarg approaches the chest and body, examining the body to see how it died and the chest to find any likely causes of said death.

Search [roll0]. No trapfinding, unfortunately.

kentma57
2007-12-08, 06:57 PM
To Deneb, you don't find anything out of the ordinary.

To Svargithurik, the cause of death seems to be a poison dart to the neck. Also when you search the chest you find several disarmed traps and the last one you find was trigered by our dead friend.

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-08, 07:01 PM
Doesn't look like there's anything else here. Deneb says as he walks over to the group. Looks like the only thing left to do is open that chest.

The_Snark
2007-12-08, 07:02 PM
Svargithurik

"Fascinating. Whoever designed this complex had a sense of paranoia that approaches the level of a work of art. So, shall I open the chest and hope all the traps are disarmed, or shall I do so less... conventionally?" His tail whips back and forth, amply demonstrating his meaning.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-08, 08:05 PM
"Well if this bloke died from a dart to the neck it's likely poisoned, anyone who's slightly more adamant in the wake of a poison dart should probably open it." He said as he rests his sword on his shoulder disappointed there's nothing to strike.

Toliudar
2007-12-09, 03:38 AM
Ursayk

Ursayk points Svarg towards the chest.

Be my guest. Mind you, poisons haven't concerned me for a good few years now, so if you want, I could also do the opening.

kentma57
2007-12-09, 11:45 AM
So, who is opening the chest?

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-09, 12:13 PM
If no one has a problem, I'll go ahead and open it. I've got some defense magic that would work quite well here.

Toliudar
2007-12-09, 01:22 PM
Ursayk

Shrugging, the dwarf tugs on the bear's fur, and they slip back into the hallway.

The_Snark
2007-12-09, 03:44 PM
Svargithurik

"Poison's not likely to harm me much," Svarg replies. "Might as well let me." Stepping back a few paces, the drake uses his tail to flip open the chest lid.

Or, if it's locked, to smash it open.

kentma57
2007-12-09, 04:22 PM
As you flip open the chest you notice two things; a rather old looking stone tablet sitting on the bottom of the chest, and an evil laugh echoing through the corridors...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-09, 08:06 PM
He looks around, trying to figure out where it's coming from.
Listen: [roll0]

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-09, 09:15 PM
Listen: [roll0]

Toliudar
2007-12-09, 09:38 PM
Ursayk

As the bear's ears perk up, Ursayk looks down at the tablet.

listen check - bear - [roll0]
listen check - Ursayk [roll1]
Ursayk speaks dwarven, druidic, sylvan, gnome and common. Any chance she knows what's on the tablet, or if she can tell if it's magical writing.

kentma57
2007-12-10, 07:11 AM
The noise seems to come from all around you...

The tome looks very old and magical...

Toliudar
2007-12-10, 09:40 AM
Ursayk

Glancing up at her companions, Ursayk zeroes in on Viktor.

Hey, Viktor! This tablet's covered in magic writings. Any chance you know what they say?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-11, 05:35 AM
Rorrik decides to walk over and look down at it. "Maybe I can read it..."
I speak Common, Draconic and Abyssal.

kentma57
2007-12-11, 07:11 AM
As you stare down at the tablet the writing shifts, it now reads(in common); "I would run now."

Toliudar
2007-12-11, 09:47 AM
Ursayk

Ursayk glances up from the tablet. She speaks dryly to her companions.

Charming.

Her hand waves briefly in the air, and her voice shapes a few melodic syllables.

Casting Foresight on herself and the bear. This gives her, among other things:


Once foresight is cast, you receive instantaneous warnings of impending danger or harm to the subject of the spell. You are never surprised or flat-footed. In addition, the spell gives you a general idea of what action you might take to best protect yourself

So, in general, what action might she take to best protect herself?

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-11, 11:47 AM
Seeing the looks everyone the tablet, Deneb walks over to take a look."I would run now"? He chuckles. Either whoever built this place had an outstanding sence of humor; or perhaps we should heed their words.

The_Snark
2007-12-11, 02:38 PM
Svargithurik

"Charming indeed," growls the drake, raising his head and glancing about warily. Fire smoulders from his nostrils as he looks about with narrowed eyes, but his voice is calm as he says, "Care to inspect the tablet for magic, any of you?"

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-11, 04:04 PM
Deneb focuses his magesight on the tablet.

Spellcraft: [roll0]

kentma57
2007-12-11, 09:47 PM
It has a faint magical aura, probably responsible for the changing words.

The_Snark
2007-12-12, 03:22 AM
Svargithurik

The drake grunts upon being told. "Do we take it, then, or heed the warning and leave?"

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-12, 04:22 AM
Rorrik suddenly reaches in and grabs the tablet and puts it in his belt. "...Let's go."

kentma57
2007-12-12, 07:04 AM
To Ursayk, as Rorrik grabs the tablet you get the feeling you should dodge a fire ball...

To the Party, The room is filled with a burst of fire, make a reflex save...

ps: Rorrik add relavent bonuses.

Toliudar
2007-12-12, 11:15 AM
Ursayk

The dwarf barely has a chance to bark out the word "fireball" and flinch away from the expected blast.

[roll0] Reflex - Ursayk
[roll1] Reflex - the bear

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-12, 01:12 PM
Heh, wow... Thanks for +2 against fire attacks and fire resistance 10.
Reflex save: [roll0]

The_Snark
2007-12-12, 02:28 PM
Svarg has immunity to fire, but if he needs it: [roll0]

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-12, 04:43 PM
Reflex: [roll0]

kentma57
2007-12-13, 07:15 AM
Everyone except the bear and Krimm_Blackleaf(forgot your characters name) pass, the damgae is [roll0] aply any reductions yourself, and if you passed it is for half damage.

Toliudar
2007-12-13, 11:56 AM
Okay, so NOW is foresight giving Ursayk any guidance as to course of action?

And where did the fireball come from?

The Glyphstone
2007-12-13, 03:02 PM
"Yowchie!"

Viktor ducks away from the burst of flames, then peers at the tablet with one eye - the other eye is revolving in circles, searching for the source of the attack.

"Dead things are boring to Viktor...dead languages too, but Viktor will look anyways."

[roll0] - Reflex save
[roll1] - Spellcraft
[roll2] - Knowledge Dungeoneering
[roll3] - Knowledge Arcana

kentma57
2007-12-14, 06:47 AM
Okay, so NOW is foresight giving Ursayk any guidance as to course of action?

And where did the fireball come from?

You don't think you are in immediate danger, and you don't know where the fireball came from...

Toliudar
2007-12-14, 09:16 AM
Ursayk

Glancing about nervously, Ursayk casually speaks in a few grunts, and a flash of green passes into both her and the bear.

Well, perhaps we should at least leave the incredible exploding room. Especially since it seems to be a dead end. Deneb, you feel like looking for hidden passages the way we came? Oh, and anyone need a shot from the wand?

Casting cure moderate wounds, affecting both Ursayk and the bear.

[roll0]

HP:
Ursayk: 210/210
Bear: 156/165

kentma57
2007-12-14, 06:30 PM
OOC: could everyone please post their HP.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-14, 08:05 PM
Sooo, 26 fire, minus 10 from my resistance, 124-16=108 hp.

The Glyphstone
2007-12-14, 10:40 PM
207 - 13 = 194 HP remaining

The_Snark
2007-12-14, 10:49 PM
Svargithurik

Svarg peers back into the corridor outside, warily. "Let us tread cautiously. I don't trust new traps not to have activated, since we seem to have set off a fireball trap that wasn't here before."

168/168, chief, what with fire immunity.

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-15, 02:09 AM
100-13=87 HP remaining

kentma57
2007-12-16, 04:38 PM
Svargithurik

Svarg peers back into the corridor outside, warily. "Let us tread cautiously. I don't trust new traps not to have activated, since we seem to have set off a fireball trap that wasn't here before."


The corrdor outside apears the same as you originally found it, though the tools wedging the floor shut are gone...

The_Snark
2007-12-16, 05:00 PM
Svargithurik

"Or," he adds with a low growl, "the old ones could have reactivated, along with the new. Whatever was being used to stop up the pit trap before is gone. I wonder now if the whole set of deactivated traps was not a setup to lure us into thinking the way back would be safe."

"I rather think we should retrace our steps, but very slowly, and very carefully."

Toliudar
2007-12-17, 12:18 AM
Ursayk

The dwarf pauses to lift the dead thief's body and drape it across the bear's back. Ursayk is a little nervous as well.

Deneb, can you reproduce the effect those tools had?

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-17, 01:58 AM
Deneb

Glancing at the walls, he tries to descern if there are any secret doors eluding them.

The without saying a word, he summons another force javelin and flings it at the trap floor.

Search: [roll0]
Javelin Attack: [roll1]

kentma57
2007-12-17, 11:19 AM
Nothing seems to happen...

Ellas Aramond
2007-12-17, 04:13 PM
Hmmm, I wonder... he almost absent-mindedly says as he walks along the trap in question, prepared to Shadow Blink as a swift action if anything happened.

kentma57
2007-12-18, 07:12 AM
OOC: shadow blink= short range telaport, and I assume you go to other side.

As "Ellas Aramond" walks across the trap door it drops away, in a flash "Ellas Aramond" ahs telaported across...

Toliudar
2007-12-18, 11:47 AM
Ursayk

[Only if the pit is 10' across or less:]

The dwarf shrugs, and motions for Deneb to clear the far side. At her urging the bear backs up, takes a run up, and leaps across the opening. The dwarf takes a moment to glance down into the hole.

the Bear's jump check: [roll0]

The_Snark
2007-12-18, 03:08 PM
Svargithurik

"Wait," Svarg cautions as the bear prepares to jump. "You remember the thing that stopped jumpers last time? Better let someone who won't fall do it." Using the ring to assume humanoid shape so that his wings aren't too large to work, he glides across the pit, careful not to go too fast.

Toliudar
2007-12-18, 04:58 PM
Ursayk

The dwarf happily gives place to the dragon.

But, Snark, do you HAVE wings in humanoid form? Since it's, you know. Humanoid.

The_Snark
2007-12-18, 05:01 PM
I don't know, actually. The description implied that I might, since kentmas said identical stats except for size, which would include fly speed...

If not, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, though, because that means that he's large enough to grip both sides of the wall and sort of climb across.

Toliudar
2007-12-18, 05:16 PM
The Snark: I'd suggest doing that then - at least you're in your own form. With reach, you could essentially poke your nose out across the pit and make sure there are no barriers before stepping across. :smallbiggrin:

kentma57
2007-12-18, 08:50 PM
umm, sorry but; As Ursayk runs for the pit she(?) crashes iinto that invisible wall...

OOC: you may want to post new actions, feal free to dleat the old ones.

Toliudar
2007-12-18, 09:05 PM
Ursayk

So, Svarg doesn't stop her in time?

What actions am I deleting? And how big IS this pit. Because I made my action contingent on it being 10' or less. If there's a wall of force down the middle of it, the bear would have to squeeze to get through anyway - which he most emphatically does NOT do. So the bear is then bracing himself above the pit, yes?

Waiting for clarification before posting action.

kentma57
2007-12-19, 08:35 AM
The pit is 15 ft long, with a wall of force right on this edge(where most of the party is). Currently "Ellas Aramond" is on the other side.



But, Snark, do you HAVE wings in humanoid form? Since it's, you know. Humanoid.

Yes, "The Snark" does have wings(and a fly speed) in humanoid form.