PDA

View Full Version : Homebrewed, and untested.

Combatant
2007-11-08, 10:36 PM
I was playing different online games, and I came upon Final Fantasy XI, and I fell in love with 2 of the jobs for it, Dragoon, and Dark Knight. Dragoon was easy enough to convert to DnD .5, (Fighter specializing in spear, recives an animal companion) but the Dark Knight was so much fun, I wanted to convert it, and not just another anti-paladin. What I came up with seems a little too overpowered, but then hes a danger to himself, as much as his oppenents. What I came up with seems more like a tactical nuke, rather then a PC. Tell me what you think.

Dark Knight is a 5 lvl Prestige Class,
requirements: bab +6/+1, power attack, medium or heavy armor prof., and have experienced some terrible event, either directly or indirectly. Any non-lawful, non good alignment.

class features: gains exotic weapon prof., Scythe

levels 1,2,3,4,5 +1/+1 to base attack.

level 3: Last Resort Add a total of +5 to base attack, at the expense of AC, last one round.

level 5: Soul Eater May Add up to half of current HP plus con bonus to damage.

This is the 3rd incarnation of Dark Knight, the first version had a small spell list, but I pulled it because it was starting to look like an anti-pally. Most times, trying to convert an online game doesnt work so well. And with the rumors about 4th Ed. will prolly render most, if not all, homebrewed classes useless.

Kyace
2007-11-09, 12:48 AM
3 of the 5 levels appear to be dead. Last Resort and Soul Eater could use some expanding. Scythe is a martial weapon.

I figure we'll worry about 4E when it gets here, no use worrying until then. Besides, its not like all the 3.5 E books magically disappear when 4E comes out. :P

brian c
2007-11-09, 12:57 PM
I figure we'll worry about 4E when it gets here, no use worrying until then. Besides, its not like all the 3.5 E books magically disappear when 4E comes out. :P

No, of course not magically. The WotC police come to you house and burn them, no magic involved at all

Hecore
2007-11-09, 07:13 PM
1st level - Guillotine - Upon a roll of natural 20, followed by a natural 15 or better roll for confirming the critical, a Dark Knight will sever the head of an enemy as per the vorpal ability. This can only occur when the Dark Knight is weilding a scythe.

2nd level - Absorb Essence - By placing his hands upon a slain foe a Dark Knight gains 2d8 temporary hp + 1 per level. They can do this once per day at second level, and twice per day at fourth level.

4th level - Absorb Essence increases to 3d8 temporary hp + 1 per level.

Shouldn't be anything too overpowering (hopefully!), but this kills the dead levels and makes it a more interesting class without becoming a psuedo-Blackguard.

Combatant
2007-11-10, 01:40 AM
I like the Guillotine idea, i think ill take it. the absorb essence idea is one that i had (using vampiric touch) but scraped it due to the blackguard thing. the dead opponent restriction is a nice idea, ill have to think about it, but im between groups at the moment, ill have to solo play it out, lol.