PDA

View Full Version : I'm INFJ. What are you?

Ego Slayer
2007-11-10, 03:08 PM
It's been quite a while since we've had this thread, so let's do it again!
Jung Typology Test (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp)
Chances are you've done it before. Yay you. Amotis made the previous thread, IIRC, and we were lucky enough to have the nifty poll option then, but alas!
(Back in my day when we didn't have a poll option at all we kept text a posted list of what everyones types were, and we liked it! :smalltongue:)

I've taken it four times since the first thread. I'm INFJ, though I've come out as INFP before... I think if you merged certain aspects of each type into one, that'd be me.
Nifty site here (http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html) with decent explanations of each type.

Get testing!

Arakune
2007-11-10, 03:10 PM
lazy.

these tests are too long.

Edit: ISTP, that's a good thing?

Edit2:Quiet and reserved, interested in how and why things work. Excellent skills with mechanical things. Risk-takers who they live for the moment. Usually interested in and talented at extreme sports. Uncomplicated in their desires. Loyal to their peers and to their internal value systems, but not overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting something done. Detached and analytical, they excel at finding solutions to practical problems.

Looks like me, except for the sport part. Well, at least I'm better at sports that doesn't require team work.

Sir_Norbert
2007-11-10, 03:16 PM
Well, there's a coincidence. Not only am I also INFJ, but, again like you, I'm somewhat borderline on the last part, so we must be very similar indeed :) And looking at the detailed profiles in the second link, the INFJ one describes me very accurately; I didn't find a single thing it said that wasn't true.

EDIT: I took this test, which was one I hadn't done before, and I did indeed get INFJ again, with J being the weakest (22%, the others all over 50%). Nice to know you're among the rarest type on the planet, isn't it?

Jibar
2007-11-10, 03:17 PM
I am...

ISFP!

"Quiet, serious, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict. Loyal and faithful. Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Not interested in leading or controlling others. Flexible and open-minded. Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment."

That's quite a good description of me actually. Much better than last time I did it.

bugsysservant
2007-11-10, 03:19 PM
I'm not doing the test again; I've done those things at least three times at different sites. Every time I come up as INTJ.

Fax Celestis
2007-11-10, 03:19 PM
INTP here. Surprising, actually. I used to be ENTJ.

Green Bean
2007-11-10, 03:21 PM
I got INTP, whatever that means. :smallconfused:

Fax Celestis
2007-11-10, 03:23 PM
I got INTP, whatever that means. :smallconfused:

INTPs are Architects (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=architect). Check the link and see how closely it matches you.

Gaelbert
2007-11-10, 03:24 PM
I'm an INTJ, but I have as feeling if I took the test again at another time I could have a completely different result.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-10, 03:24 PM
ENTP

-slightly expressed extravert

-slightly expressed intuitive personality

-moderately expressed thinking personality

-slightly expressed perceiving personality

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-10, 03:27 PM
INTJ.

We had to take this for college only most (read all but one) forgot to print out the results so we did it again the next week. Same results.

Semidi
2007-11-10, 03:27 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
100 25 100 22

Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders

I concur, aside from the natural leader part. The only time I want to become the leader is if those around me are too incompetent... actually this fits totally.

MisterSaturnine
2007-11-10, 03:28 PM
ISFJ.

Yay for Jung! Did a long paper on him last year--lots of fun the whole way through. Which is saying something, considering my stance on the academic system. In my school, to go into Junior year from Sophomore year, you have to do something called a Gateway, which is centered around a theme and requires a "cover letter" about "who you are as a learner."

My theme was the gaping flaws in the academic system and an alternative style of teaching (more college-conservatory-like, with majors and the ability to choose classes). I wrote a page explaining why I didn't write a cover letter, tacked on a few blank pieces of paper for the illusion of a lengthy paper, and ripped it up in front of my teachers for the presentation.

One of my proudest moments. :smallwink:

Kellus
2007-11-10, 03:28 PM
I'm an ENTP, apparently.

Winterwind
2007-11-10, 03:29 PM
I got...

INFP
Introverted 67%
Intuitive 62%
Feeling 25%
Perceiving 67%

You are:
* distinctively expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* distinctively expressed perceiving personality

The Healer (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=healer).

Huh. Not the worst analysis of myself, I guess, although I don't think I am that introverted. And I don't rely on emotion only. I like thoughts and rational thinking quite a bit, too.

EDIT:
So the choices are Introvert/Extrovert, Feeling/Thinking, Perceiving/Judging... but what does the S, which serves as counterpoint to Intuitive, stand for?

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-11-10, 03:38 PM
I got INTJ. Don't really know what that means, but it seems pretty good to me.

Volug
2007-11-10, 03:40 PM
INTJ

I'm a natural leader, logical thinker, brainstormer, etc.

Thats pretty much on the spot...
Though I haven't been a leader before so I couldn't say on that part.

EmeraldRose
2007-11-10, 03:42 PM
I got INTJ this time around. I can't remember the last thread's result, but it was probably the same...

Introverted-11 Intuitive-38 Thinking-1 Judging-100

@^^^ I believe S is Sensing.

rubakhin
2007-11-10, 03:43 PM
I usually get INTP on these, this time I got INFP.

INFP probably fits my personality better.

Dihan
2007-11-10, 03:44 PM
I got ISFP, introverted thinking with extraverted sensing.

SMEE
2007-11-10, 03:45 PM
Usualy I get INTJ, but this time I came as ISTJ.

Introverted - 89
Sensing - 1
Thinking - 75
Judging - 44

Something clearly changed in the last few months. :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2007-11-10, 03:49 PM
INFP

Not sure whether it fits me or not, but eh. That quiz needed "Maybe" or "Depends on the Situation" added to alot of those questions. :smallsigh:

bugsysservant
2007-11-10, 03:51 PM
Huh. A lot of people are INTJs around here. Considering we make up 1% of the population (http://www.davenevins.com/personalities/main/percentages.htm), that's pretty cool.

Volug
2007-11-10, 03:52 PM
DANG! That is acurate!

INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.

That explains how I find it so easy to beat every Fire Emblem game I pick up... On Very Hard...

It also says that I will "Acomplish Great things". Well... Cool!:smallbiggrin:

Brickwall
2007-11-10, 03:54 PM
I know I always come out as INTP. But I don't believe these tests to be quite as helpful as everyone thinks. Much of the results are pretty generic. I'm sure you could give an ESFJ an ENTJ result, and he/she would still say, "yeah, that applies to me a lot". It's not a very defining test.

Better than horoscopes, though.

Vuzzmop
2007-11-10, 03:56 PM
Whet, no ENTJs here?:smallconfused:

ENTJ: Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization. Sounds impressively accurate.

Fax Celestis
INFP

Not sure whether it fits me or not, but eh. That quiz needed "Maybe" or "Depends on the Situation" added to alot of those questions. :smallsigh:

The point is to make sure that you give a definitive answer.

Volug
Better than horoscopes, though.

Way better then those.
One of them that I got said that I was supposed to get extremilly ill or die 7 months ago:smallbiggrin:

B-Man
2007-11-10, 03:57 PM
Apparently I am ISTJ. I mostly agree with it, but I'm not sure why I think it doesn't fit me.

Introvert 100%
Sensing 50%
Thinking 25%
Judging 35%

very expressed introvert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Hefty Lefty
2007-11-10, 03:58 PM
ESFJ

I thought this would be a waste of time, but it actually was really, really accurate. Good find.

FdL
2007-11-10, 04:00 PM
I got ISFJ. Dunno what that means.

They questions were ambiguous and forced you to choose without a clear context. So I don't trust this test. I don't believe in quizes, anyway.

Cyrano
2007-11-10, 04:01 PM
INTP

"Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others. "

Everything to do with social, yes. Everything to do with intellect, no. I come across in this test as a brilliant theoretical thinker. I'm in reality a moderately intelligent (by which I mean, by my guess, average) person who enjoys thinking about theory without actually understanding it or turning it into something understandable.

Reinboom
2007-11-10, 04:02 PM
I received ENFP... which nobody else has yet, huh..
1% Extraverted
38% Intuitive
12% Feeling
33% Perceiving

slightly expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

I don't know if this actually describes me or not... hm

edit:
The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and expressive when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world. They can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them; they must experience, first hand, all the significant social events that affect our lives. And then they are eager to relate the stories they've uncovered, hoping to disclose the "truth" of people and issues, and to advocate causes. This strong drive to unveil current events can make them tireless in conversing with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.

Champions consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life, although they can never quite shake the feeling that a part of themselves is split off, uninvolved in the experience. Thus, while they strive for emotional congruency, they often see themselves in some danger of losing touch with their real feelings, which Champions possess in a wide range and variety. In the same vein, Champions strive toward a kind of spontaneous personal authenticity, and this intention always to "be themselves" is usually communicated nonverbally to others, who find it quite attractive. All too often, however, Champions fall short in their efforts to be authentic, and they tend to heap coals of fire on themselves, berating themselves for the slightest self-conscious role-playing.

==Not me...

bluewind95
2007-11-10, 04:02 PM
I seem to be an ISTJ person. Although... I don't agree with the part that says I should be very organized. I'm like... the opposite.

* very expressed introvert (100%)
* slightly expressed sensing personality (12%)
* moderately expressed thinking personality (38%)
* slightly expressed judging personality (38%)

Winterwind
2007-11-10, 04:05 PM
@^^^ I believe S is Sensing.Ah, I see.

...huh. So I supposedly rely more on my Intuition than on my Sense?
I value both highly, but I'm pretty sure I don't distinctly prefer intuition over thinking it through.

That must have been all those questions about planning ahead, which I indeed do rather rarely, but my decision making still doesn't rely on feelings alone.

I know I always come out as INTP. But I don't believe these tests to be quite as helpful as everyone thinks. Much of the results are pretty generic. I'm sure you could give an ESFJ an ENTJ result, and he/she would still say, "yeah, that applies to me a lot". It's not a very defining test.Doesn't that apply to any test of that kind? :smallamused:

Freshmeat
2007-11-10, 04:13 PM
I got: INTP
Introverted 78
Intuitive 50
Thinking 88
Perceiving 44

very expressed introvert
very expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Seems fairly accurate to me. Probably the reason why there were so much semi-redundant questions.

Orzel
2007-11-10, 04:15 PM
ENFP as usual.

Yay for me. Or is it YAY for YOU?

Gerrtt
2007-11-10, 04:15 PM
Interesting, I did this today on my own volition.

INTJ

I: 44%
N: 50%
T: 25%
J: 43%

Crow
2007-11-10, 04:18 PM
ISTJ here.

Eldred
2007-11-10, 04:21 PM
I'm... ESTJ

33% Extraverted
25% Sensing
1% Thinking
1% Judging

(wait, where's the other 40%?! :smallconfused: )

You are:
* moderately expressed extravert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* slightly expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

The Guardian (http://www.personalitypage.com/ESTJ.html)

Wow, pretty accurate. There are a few things I could argue about (me, aggressive? Don't think so, mate...) but it's still an accurate portrayal.

Catch
2007-11-10, 04:24 PM
INFJ, like I thought. I've taken this several times before, though as I recall, I didn't get the rarest type the first time. A lot of the questions of these kinds of tests are somewhat subjective for me and taken out of context, so it's hard for me to give a solid yes-or-no answer. The versions with a 1 to 5 scale are more accurate, I think.

Maybe I'm just irate that I'm an intellectual that brushes logic under the rug once in a while. It's almost... shameful? :smallredface:

Da Beast
2007-11-10, 04:26 PM
I got INTP, just like last time i took this test.

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
22 50 12 11

I'd say it fits me very well.

daggaz
2007-11-10, 04:33 PM
I get what I always get, ENFP. (yay! Im a champion! =))

Apparently tho Ive changed in the last few years since taking the test, and my various strength percentages have dropped significantly. Guess my idealist edge is finally wearing off some, eh?

SDF
2007-11-10, 05:10 PM
Every one of these tests I either get INTJ or ENTJ, depending on how the questions are worded. On this one I got ENTJ.

Extroverted: 1 (not surprising, one off from introversion)
Intuitive: 100 (What can I say, it's always been this way :P)
Thinking: 1 (much lower than usual... or than I used to)
Judging: 11 (about right)

When I was in highschool it was almost 100% introversion, but I've become much more of a social butterfly since then :P

INTJ careers include a MD which is what I'm currently going to school for anyhow. ENTJ is lawyers, judges, executives, and the like. Maybe I'll just end up like my grandfather and be a doctor and a lawyer :P (Just kidding, just kidding, dear gods no more schooling >_<)

Vuzzmop
2007-11-10, 05:57 PM
Every one of these tests I either get INTJ or ENTJ, depending on how the questions are worded. On this one I got ENTJ.

Extroverted: 1 (not surprising, one off from introversion)
Intuitive: 100 (What can I say, it's always been this way :P)
Thinking: 1 (much lower than usual... or than I used to)
Judging: 11 (about right)

When I was in highschool it was almost 100% introversion, but I've become much more of a social butterfly since then :P

INTJ careers include a MD which is what I'm currently going to school for anyhow. ENTJ is lawyers, judges, executives, and the like. Maybe I'll just end up like my grandfather and be a doctor and a lawyer :P (Just kidding, just kidding, dear gods no more schooling >_<)

Hooray! Now with my our army of ENTJs, I we shall rule the world!

Sir_Norbert
2007-11-10, 06:00 PM
I know I always come out as INTP. But I don't believe these tests to be quite as helpful as everyone thinks. Much of the results are pretty generic. I'm sure you could give an ESFJ an ENTJ result, and he/she would still say, "yeah, that applies to me a lot". It's not a very defining test.
I don't think so, especially combined with the other link. I've read the profile for my type on both sites and it really does describe me very exactly -- and yes, I have read some of the others as well for comparison :)

Incidentally, I just got my girlfriend to take the test. She comes out as ENTP (and again, from looking at the profiles we've both agreed this is accurate) which happens to be one of the types listed as being my ideal partner :elan:

unstattedCommoner
2007-11-10, 06:24 PM
INTJ:

Introverted 67
Intuitive 25
Thinking 75
Judging 44

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.
-- http://typelogic.com/intj.html

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-11-10, 07:16 PM
Okay...So I took the test and landed INFJ as well, with the following details:

Introverted 78%
Intuitive 38%
Feeling 12%
Judging 44%

Ummm...That's 172% total, so I'm immediately questioning the validity of this test. :smallconfused:

Then I started reading some of the lengthy descriptions, and while some aspects were spot-on, others were so off base that I don't even know where to start. :smalleek:

Pyro
2007-11-10, 07:24 PM
I got INTJ. The description is so much like me its a little creepy.

Fax Celestis
2007-11-10, 07:38 PM
Okay...So I took the test and landed INFJ as well, with the following details:

Introverted 78%
Intuitive 38%
Feeling 12%
Judging 44%

Ummm...That's 172% total, so I'm immediately questioning the validity of this test. :smallconfused:

Then I started reading some of the lengthy descriptions, and while some aspects were spot-on, others were so off base that I don't even know where to start. :smalleek:

The percentages range on their own meters. For instance, Introverted/Extroverted ranges from -100% to +100%, -100% meaning you answered every associated question as an introvert would, +100% meaning out answered every associated question as an extrovert would.

Your personal answers mean you are Introverted more than Extroverted 78% of the time, Intuitive more than Sensory 38% of the time, Feeling more than Thinking 12% of the time, and Judging more than Perceiving 44% of the time.

This is not to say you are never Extroverted, Sensory, Thinking, or Perceiving, merely that your "base disposition" is not those things.

From your scores, you are very Introverted, close to balanced between Intuition and Senses, extremely close to balanced between Feeling and Thinking, and are more Judgemental than Perceptive.

blackfox
2007-11-10, 07:42 PM
I've taken these tests before, and I either get ESTP or ENTP. My Thinking and Intuiton processes are both very strong--this time, I got the 'N' by only 4%.

ZombieRockStar
2007-11-10, 07:59 PM
Yay! This thread is back again!

I've taken it four times since the first thread. I'm INFJ, though I've come out as INFP before... I think if you merged certain aspects of each type into one, that'd be me.

I find it really interesting that we're the same type, though I'm definitely more on the J side.

Truthfully, I have grown more sceptical of this test lately, but it's still fun to look at. I can't take the test anymore without automatically knowing what each question means, though.

Muz
2007-11-10, 07:59 PM
INFJ...though close to ENFJ. :smallsmile:

Ego Slayer
2007-11-10, 08:06 PM
^: :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I guess you have to take the descriptions with a little salt (and maybe some pepper for good measure). That's sorta what I meant about merging INFJ and INFP. I can completely agree with most everything on the J side, but there is at least one point in P that J seems to be lacking... so, it's a general estimation of what you're really like.

Reptilius
2007-11-10, 08:06 PM
INTP

I'm very logical, and quite the introvert, but only borderline on the "thinking" part. I find that demeaning and insulting. :smallfurious: I do enjoy learning about new theories, though.

Icewalker
2007-11-10, 08:38 PM
INTJ

Putting me in 'masterminds'

Sounds kind of accurate. I'd consider myself more of an inventor. Big focus on analyzation.

Edit: actually, having read the description of masterminds, it is eerily accurate in most things. I am big on formulating plans, avoid taking leadership, but once I end up leading I do it analytically and efficiently, and usually quite well if people follow my ideas. :smallbiggrin:

Orzel
2007-11-10, 08:49 PM
As a ENFP, you Introverts are scaring me.

WATER BALLOON FIGHT! TO VICTORY!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-10, 09:11 PM
INTP, apparently.

Introverted 56%
Intuitive 25%
Thinking 38%
Perceiving 44%

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed perceiving personality

TheLoveInterest
2007-11-10, 09:20 PM
ENFP:smallbiggrin:

They are outgoing, fun, and genuinely like people. As SOs/mates they are warm, affectionate (lots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-11-10, 09:54 PM
I'm INFJ, apparently.

Lemur
2007-11-10, 10:21 PM
I almost didn't take the test again, since the past two times I've taken it (one of as recently as half a year ago) I've gotten INTP. This time I got ISTP, which surprised me a bit, especially since in the previous tests, the intuitive part was more established than perceiving/judging.

Of course, the test said it was only a 1% strength for sensing. It's still a change though. I wonder if it represents an actual change, or if it's the test used. Reading the descriptions, I still felt like INTP described me better, although there were some things in ISTP that sounded familiar too (of course, there's bound to be an overlap from the other three categories). Incidently, Intuitive and Sensing were always the pair that I had the most trouble understanding.

Perceiving is still only moderate, just like the last two tests- this is the one I always thought was the most subject to change. In addition, I seem to have gone from 100% introverted to 89%. A 10% drop doesn't mean much, but both times I took the test before I was 100%, so that stood out to me.

Thinking got 62%, and I can't remember if that's about the same as before, or a bit higher. I kinda suspect that I was "distinctly" intuitive and "moderately" thinking before, instead of

I'm gonna have to do this test again sometime in the future, when I'm less likely to be biased, to see if there's any established changes. I feel a bit off guard since I'm still used to thinking of myself as INTP. But people can and do change, and personality tests are never definitive.

Feel the cold embrace of reason!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-10, 10:33 PM
I took it in 1998 and I was ESTJ. I'm pretty sure I retook it and got ESFJ now.

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-10, 10:38 PM
ENTP

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.

Woot.

bugsysservant
2007-11-10, 10:43 PM
Hey, I finally took it again. I was right, I am still an INTJ.
Introverted 56
Intuition 100
Thinking 88
Judging 33

Huh, last time I was 100% introverted.

Amotis
2007-11-10, 11:04 PM
Today I'm ISFP.

Gungnir
2007-11-10, 11:17 PM
ISTP. Never taken the test before, and I gotta say, that was amazingly accurate.

Don Julio Anejo
2007-11-10, 11:19 PM
Woo!! *Chucks water balloons at random people.* ENFP :biggrin:

I got really interested in this stuff a while ago and did a lot of reading...

Several things: your type can't change. Your answers can change quite a bit depending on what you're trying to accomplish and your priorities. Such as if you're an engineer, chances are your F is going to be suppressed in favor of T. Heck, if I did this five years ago, I would have probably come out as an INTP. But one of the underlying theories is that you're born with your type and you either act naturally (which makes you easy to type) or for some reason or other you suppress it (which then confuses everyone and makes you think the test is bull).

Also, Isabelle Myers completely screwed up Jung's order of functions (as in Extroverted intuition - introverted feeling, etc) for introverts, which made a lot of introverted types seem very similar and very confusing (INTP/INTJ and INFP/INFJ). This is because she reversed the "vertedness" of functions (which is the important part, extroverted feeling (aka conscious manipulation of emotions of yourself and others) is very different from introverted feeling (morality, relationships between people)). Therefore, someone with for example base Introverted Feeling is supposedly an INFP, but the description says he's a P, even though the person is a J (if you go by the extrovert order of preference of functions).

That is why, my friends, I am a fan of Socionics, which is the Russian typology based on Jung and developed independently of Myers-Briggs/Keirsey stuff. It doesn't have this problem (which is the biggest one) and it also doesn't suffer from political correctness. Their type descriptions are much more accurate, and they researched how the types THINK, not what they DO.

Samiam303
2007-11-10, 11:24 PM
I got ISFJ, which isn't totally accurate but fairly close. In any case, my percentages weren't all that huge:

Introverted 44%, Sensing 6%, Feeling 12%, Judging 11%.

SDF
2007-11-10, 11:41 PM
Today I'm ISFP.

Do you see?! Do you see how incompatible we are? :smalltongue:

Don Julio Anejo
2007-11-10, 11:49 PM
A much better, more accurate and less politically correct description of ENFP from the Socionics site, traslated by me (although abridged) from Russian:

1. Extroverted intuition:
Has an amazing intuition in regards to people. Can tell a person's intentions and motivations from their body language, tone of voice, minor nuances in their speech and behaviour. A quick learner because he can find the root of the problem. Has a good imagination, creates imagery, stories on the spot. Likes interesting, unusual people (note: if an ENFP doesn't go out of his way to talk to a person, chances are he doesn't find them interesting). Can inspire people by making them compliments and talking about exciting possibilities. Offers multiple solutions to a problem. HATES WITH PASSION routine, repeating work because it doesn't let him use his imagination.

2. Introverted feeling:
Understands the logic of interpersonal relationships (note: any kind, not just romantic) better than almost everyone, especially understands conflicts in love and friendship and the reasons behind them. It's easier for him to maintain existing relationships than to mend broken ones. Really strongly reacts to negative reactions towards himself (aka tries very hard to make people like him, and if they don't, gets really upset). Charismatic and sociable. Can make friends with anyone, as long as that person is interesting to them (look above). Understands which distance to maintain, although doesn't necessarily keep it. Gives advice on how to get on a person's good side.

Extroverted sensing: (the order is different from MBTI)
In extreme circumstances can mobilize himself, take control and act decisively (note: only in extreme circumstances, prefers for someone else to take control in normal conditions). Responds to any attempts to pressure and force him to do something. Is extremely independent and will never force anyone to do anything. Often lacks willpower to go and do something they've been planning for a while. Isn't afraid to go up against overwhelming odds (my note: mainly because an ENFP can't perceive relative strength, when I was a kid I often got beat the crap out of because I didn't realize some kids are stronger, better fighters, etc). Unless pressured, hates any kind of conflict and tries to be the mediator between two fighting parties (although this belongs more in #2).

Introverted thinking (aka systems):
Can't work in a rigid system with many limitations. Hates when others control his relationships with people. Won't dig into the details of something, will only try to understand the general drift. Because of this often won't listen to everything a person has to say and it'll look like he didn't understand everything. Often ignores the side of the facts that contradicts his views. Has trouble doing detail-oriented, precise work like calculations, accounting or filling in forms. Tries hard only to avoid conflicts with people. My note: often doesn't understand the concept of social status (like hierarchy at work, chain of command or prestige associated with jobs like lawyer).

There's more (4 subconscious functions) but I'm just too lazy to translate it, and I doubt anyone will read what I wrote anyway.

Omniplex
2007-11-10, 11:49 PM
I'm ISFJ. That's what I got the first time I took it, and that's what i'm sticking with.

Skippy
2007-11-10, 11:53 PM
ENFJ

Man, that is interesting. I thought I was introverted myself...

Vaynor
2007-11-11, 12:05 AM
Intj......

Ranis
2007-11-11, 12:17 AM
I'm INTJ. How do I know? I took the test, obviously.

Ceska
2007-11-11, 03:20 AM
Took it the third or fourth time now, still INTP.

78 88 25 33

But I've become more extrovert as it seems. The thinking part got a bit less, the others stayed the same. I'm actually only surprised I've gone from the 100% introverted I had every time before to 78% now.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-11, 03:38 AM
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
78 12 25 33

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
very expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Micate
2007-11-11, 03:38 AM
I am INTP.

Dispozition
2007-11-11, 04:18 AM
INTP for me...

44 12 1 33

...I think a lot...I think about very irrelevant things, but I still think...That seems wrong :-\

Saithis Bladewing
2007-11-11, 04:29 AM
INFJ
Introverted 67
Intuitive 50
Feeling 38
Judging 11

You are:

I seem to recall being INFJ the last two times I took this as well. Wtf does it mean? x.X

Exeson
2007-11-11, 04:42 AM
I'm ESFP. Which fits kinda. Although to be fair I don't have much faith in these things.

EDIT: After reading the more in depth thingy it actually fits me very well.

Exachix
2007-11-11, 05:14 AM
INTP.

Introverted: 67%
Intuitive: 38%
Thinking: 12%
Perceiving: 33%

"Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others."

Can't remember what I got last time.

Tengu
2007-11-11, 05:28 AM
Your Type is
ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
89 1 25 44

Just like last time - even the percentages are similar. And the description (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=4&c=crafter) seems to describe me rather well.

I think this test, as long as you follow the answers truthfully, is one of the most truthful and precise on the net - only the political compass test can rival it.

InaVegt
2007-11-11, 07:27 AM
Your Type is
ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
11 12 38 33

* slightly expressed extravert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed perceiving personality

Sort of near opposite as the last time I did it, I was an ISTP then.

UserClone
2007-11-11, 07:35 AM
(E/I)(S/N)FP. I'm a fence-sitter.

Sir_Norbert
2007-11-11, 08:32 AM
I seem to recall being INFJ the last two times I took this as well. Wtf does it mean? x.X
It means you are the same cool type as me and Ego Slayer!

More seriously, in Ego's original post there's a link to a site that gives descriptions of each type and what it means.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-11-11, 08:35 AM

More seriously, in Ego's original post there's a link to a site that gives descriptions of each type and what it means.

Hm, so there is, not sure how I missed that. It's odd, because personality tests are usually completely wrong about me, but this one seems to be 99% spot on. The only thing it doesn't account for is my sudden random violent tendencies which are held back only by great willpower and the darkest chocolate I can find. And while that says 1%, so far it looks like, what, 10% of results are INFJ? GitP - proving statistics wrong every day. :smallamused:

Simius
2007-11-11, 09:15 AM
Apparantly I'm an INTP:
I: 39%
N: 25%
T: 50 %
P: 33%

Seems pretty acurate to me, though that doesn't take away that I don't like personality tests. :smallsmile:

Baboon Army
2007-11-11, 09:30 AM
I'm an ISFJ. I would say about 90% of what was said in the description is true.

Introverted 44
Sensing 1
Feeling 12
Judging 56

Rykaj
2007-11-11, 09:43 AM
Always shifting between ESTP and ENTP. Today I'm ENTP!

Both descriptions say some true things about me, but both also miss on areas. Guess I'm just really a mix of both.

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
89 12 12 44

Last time on some other website I was just 4% S. And I always score quite high on the E and P.

dehro
2007-11-11, 10:00 AM
I
Never
Trusted
Psychiatry

67 38 38 22

DarkCorax
2007-11-11, 10:07 AM
Your Type is: INTJ
Introverted: 67%
Intuitive: 38%
Thinking: 12%
Judging: 1%

You are:

* slightly expressed thinking personality

The description fits me supprisingly well, althouhg it says I should be self confident, and I was expecting to get higher in introverted. I can't remember what I got last time, but I don't think it was INTJ...

Edit: once again a new page -_-

Dragonrider
2007-11-11, 10:24 AM
I'm INFJ, Like Ego. And trust me, it's the best type to be. :smallbiggrin:

Ego Slayer
2007-11-11, 11:38 AM
Awww, Amotis... you're not INFJ anymore?!

Heh. I was totally going to say that it means she's as cool as us before I saw your post. And Zombie too. And Dragonrider. Yay! :smallbiggrin:

When I'm bored later, maybe I'll put a list together...

commander43
2007-11-11, 12:29 PM
INTP for me.

56 62 25 78

Pretty accurate, although I thought I would be more thinking.

"As the engineering capabilities the Architects increase so does their desire to let others know about whatever has come of their engineering efforts. So they tend to take up an accomodating role in their social exchanges. On the other hand they have less and less desire, if they ever had any, to direct the activities of others. Only when forced to by circumstance do they allow themselves to take charge of activities, and they exit the role as soon as they can without injuring the enterprise.

The Architects' distant goal is always to rearrange the environment somehow, to shape, to construct, to devise, whether it be buildings, institutions, enterprises, or theories. They look upon the world -- natural and civil -- as little more than raw material to be reshaped according to their design, as a formless stone for their hammer and chisel."

Pretty accurate since I do in fact want more than anything to change the world.

Capoeira
2007-11-11, 12:39 PM
ENFP
Extraverted
Intuitive
Feeling
Perceiving

meh, I cant make head or tails of what that means...

FdL
2007-11-11, 12:41 PM
When I'm bored later, maybe I'll put a list together...

I somehow don't wanna be known/classified/thought of as the result of this test :s 'Cause I'm not that and I don't think persons can be reduced to a handful of simplified categories.

Thrivol
2007-11-11, 12:50 PM
I got INFJ. Although, I have gotten INFP before.

Both describe me accurately.

Kalessin
2007-11-11, 01:37 PM
INFP... can't say I'm surprised.

Kitya
2007-11-11, 01:38 PM
I have taken these types of tests several times over the years... had a prof who was doing a study on how different personality types learn in different ways, so we all had to take the tests.

I have always been an ENFP. However, I do notice that things change as we get older and have different responsibilities in our lives, because now I am an ESFP. The Sensing, however, is in the moderate to slight zone, so both N and S apply to me. After reading the details on both, I see that, after getting married, and now having a child, I have let the Sensing side of me out more, as I have more responsibilities and different goals that I am reaching for. That being said,

SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.
is so totally me it's not even funny.

Being blessed with a stong gift of Empathy means that I am a 75% Feeling, and perhaps that is why I am wanting to be more involved in Counseling.

these are interesting quizzes to take, because they really let you get a look at yourself. Are they DEFINITIVE? no... too much of it depends on how you are feeling at the time of the testing, but if you do the test several times over a few months, and consistently get the same answers, then yes.. it gives you a pretty good idea of how others view you.

Remember, anything under ohh.. 25% means that you have many characteristics of BOTH sides... the explanations are drawn up for people who are strong in that particular letter... so reading both will give you a happy medium and likely you will find yourself agreeing with parts of each, but rejecting other parts. Being able to see both sides can be very helpful when interacting with different people, so just because you're not definitively one or the other, isn't a bad thing.. but something to be celebrated.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-11, 02:02 PM
Interesting to see what seems to be the most common result here.

ISTP - ryuan, Lemur, Gungnir, Tengu,

ISTJ - SMEE, B-Man, bluewind95, Crow, Tempest Fennac,

ISFP - Doihaveaname?, Jibar, Amotis

ISFJ - MisterSaturnine, samiam303, Omniplex, Baboon Army,

INFJ - Ego Slayer, Sir_Norbert, Catch, Bor the Barbarian Monk, Muz, [Insert Neat Username Here], Saithis Bladewing, Dragonrider, ZombieRockStar, Thrivol,

INFP - Winterwind, rubakhin, Castaras, Kalessin,

INTJ - bugsysservant, coolgaelbert, CurlyKitGirl, Semidi, Leather_Book_Wizard, MasatoHyuga, EmeraldRose, Brickwall, Gerrtt, unstattedCommoner, Pyro, Icewalker, Vaynor, Ranis, DarkCorax,

INTP - Fax_Celestis, h_v, D'anna Biers, Freshmeat, Brennus, Reptilius, Krimm_Blackleaf, CSK, Tempest Fennac, Dispozition, Exachix, Simius, dehro, commander43,

ENTP - Raiser_B1ade, Kellus, Halna LeGavilk, Rykaj,

ENTJ - Vuzzmop, SDF,

ENFJ - radikalskippy

ENFP - Orzel, daggaz, TheLoveInterest, Gezina, Capoeira

ESFJ - Hefty Lefty, Andre Fairchilde,

ESTP - blackfox

ESFP - Exeson, Kitya

ESTJ - Eldred

And don't attack me if I put you under the wrong type by accident. =P

Gungnir
2007-11-11, 02:05 PM
Hooray! Someone spelled my name right! :smallbiggrin:

Drago
2007-11-11, 02:15 PM
INTP, it's really quite scary how accurately it describes me.

Ceska
2007-11-11, 02:19 PM
Actually I'm not surprised anymore after doing this three times already. There's fact that extroverted is always extremely low in these tests in such fora while it is considerably the same number in the average population of a country. Geek fora also draw a very special clientele, INTP and INTJ especially.

Sir_Norbert
2007-11-11, 02:32 PM
I used to belong to a forum for conlanging (constructed languages) and fantasy worlds, and while I don't have the exact statistics to hand, I'd swear that every time we did this test it came up more than 50% INTP.... no wonder I didn't fit in. No offence to the INTPs among you, but I think the balance on this forum is better suited to me and that's why I feel I fit in so much better here.

*hugs everyone*

Lemur
2007-11-11, 04:21 PM
In case anyone wants to look at numbers, here's the results, updated through page 5:

ENFP - 7.41%
INFP - 6.48%
ENFJ - 1.85%
INFJ - 11.11%
ESTJ - 0.93%
ISTJ - 4.63%
ESFJ - 1.85%
ISFJ - 7.41%
ENTP - 5.56%
INTP - 17.59%
ENTJ - 3.70%
INTJ - 20.37%
ESTP - 0.93%
ISTP - 4.63%
ESFP - 2.78%
ISFP - 2.78%

Extrovert: 25.00%
Introvert: 75.00%

Intuitive: 74.07%
Sensing: 25.93%

Thinking: 58.33%
Feeling: 41.67%

Judging: 51.85%
Perceiving: 48.15%

Guardian (SJ): 14.81%
Rational (NT): 47.22%
Artisan (SP): 11.11%
Idealist (NF): 26.85%

Clearly this is not a representative sample of the entire population. It may suggest that certain personality types are more likely to be drawn to Internet forums for D&D based webcomics, though.

Also, woo! I've never won an Internet before.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-11, 04:30 PM
Lemur, you win two whole Internets! :smallbiggrin:

smellie_hippie
2007-11-11, 04:30 PM
I've usually tested as INFP on this study.

I'll post that now, then take the test a little later and see if I'm still in that category. Edit forthcoming...

LCR
2007-11-11, 04:36 PM
I'm INTJ, which makes me a "rational mastermind". It seems quite common around these parts, so I probably shouldn't pride myself too much in my alleged genius.

heretic
2007-11-11, 05:11 PM
INTJ

78 12 62 44% respectively.

Missing Shoe
2007-11-11, 05:22 PM
ISTP:
Introverted 22%
Sensing 1%
Thinking 62%
Perceiving 33%

Pretty dang accurate in the description in the link given by the OP. This maybe be the first online test I actually like.

Ivellios
2007-11-11, 05:35 PM
I'm an INTJ. Cool.

Introverted: 11
Intuitive: 75
Thinking: 12
Judging: 22

Zimmia
2007-11-11, 05:43 PM
INFP - which is how I've tested for the last dozen or so years. Before that I was firmly in the ENFP category. Interesting how we change as we grow.

65 / 75 / 50 / 67

Sage of Laputa
2007-11-11, 05:57 PM
INTP, I've known that for a while. A friend and I went through a psychology phase and learned quite a bit about this testing style.

Smeik
2007-11-11, 06:27 PM
I'm also INFP

Introverted 22%
Intuitive 11%
Feeling 25%
Perceiving 11%

I would have expected myself to be ISFP, but hey, you never know before you try it...

AmberVael
2007-11-11, 06:40 PM
I'm an ISFP, as it has been confirmed several times. However, the "F" in that is quite, quite close to being a "T." I can't remember the actual scores, but I know that Introversion was a definite, Sensing was kinda iffy, but better than Intuitive, Feeling was maybe 1-5% only, and Perceiving was quite strong.

ArlEammon
2007-11-11, 07:10 PM
Introverted 44
Sensing 1
Feeling 12
Judging 22

Toxic Avenger
2007-11-11, 07:17 PM
In case anyone wants to look at numbers, here's the results up through page 3:

ENFP - 8.33%
INFP - 4.17%
ENFJ - 1.39%
INFJ - 9.72%
ESTJ - 1.39%
ISTJ - 5.56%
ESFJ - 2.78%
ISFJ - 8.33%
ENTP - 6.94%
INTP - 19.44%
ENTJ - 2.78%
INTJ - 19.44%
ESTP - 0.00%
ISTP - 5.56%
ESFP - 1.39%
ISFP - 2.78%

Extrovert: 25.00%
Introvert: 75.00%

Intuitive: 72.22%
Sensing: 27.78%

Thinking: 61.11%
Feeling: 38.89%

Judging: 51.39%
Perceiving: 48.61%

"Guardian" (SJ): 18.06%
"Rational" (NT): 48.61%
"Artisan" (SP): 9.72%
"Idealist" (NF): 23.61%

Clearly this is not a representative sample of the entire population. It may suggest that certain personality types are more likely to be drawn to Internet forums for D&D based webcomics, though.Indeed. I'm not surprised that ESTP is still showing at 0.00%; most ESTP's are far too involved with doing crazy/dangerous/risky things in the real world.

Well, make that one now. I'm an ESTP, albeit somewhat close to borderline on the E and S.

dwagiebard
2007-11-11, 07:34 PM
I'm ENFJ, but very close to INFJ.

ZombieRockStar
2007-11-11, 09:07 PM
Took it again just to reinforce what I said earlier and to get the preference %s.

I - 50%
N - 75%
F - 62%
J - 1%

Sounds about right. I still think that I'm more on the J side than that would suggest because of my philosophy of "organized chaos" and a limited understanding on the part of these pop psych quizzes of what Birggs-Myers was really describing when she said "J" and "P."

Though I could be an INFX...which sounds like some radical new prescription drug. :smallamused:

Ego Slayer
2007-11-11, 10:00 PM
Though I could be an INFX...which sounds like some radical new prescription drug. :smallamused:
(Oooh, what's it do? :smallamused:)
Gahah... Google.
See results for: infx stock

INFINITE COFFEE CO ( INFX ) Stock Price Quote
Stock price quotation for INFINITE COFFEE CO, symbol INFX, Nasdaq OTC Other Exchange.
This quote is updated continuously during trading hours.
stocks.tradingcharts.com/stocks/quotes/INFX

No, now I'm thinking NOFX for some reason... which is wildly off topic. :smalltongue:

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-11-11, 10:02 PM
I'm a personality that takes more than four letters to express.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-11, 10:10 PM
I'm a personality that takes more than four letters to express.
That comes off as pretentious.

If you read all the posts here, there are some of us who agree with almost all, or all of their result, others who disagreed on some points, and others who... must not have been answering the questions right. We're all not so different that we don't share personality traits with each other. That's kinda the point here... and the results clearly are not say all end all.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-11-11, 10:17 PM
It is pretentious.

Nonetheless, I contend that no human being will ever fit into any finite number of "types" accurately and wholly, and thus the use thereof to try and classify people is futile at best.

SDF
2007-11-11, 10:22 PM
It is pretentious.

Nonetheless, I contend that no human being will ever fit into any finite number of "types" accurately and wholly, and thus the use thereof to try and classify people is futile at best.

You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. :smalltongue:

It's psychology, a science that, every day, gets better and better at doing just that. Categorizing people.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-11, 10:23 PM
It is pretentious.

Glad you're aware of your pretentiousness. :smallwink:

... This thread is proof of that. What's your point?
People share personality traits regardless of what a test says. You can't completely classify them, but you can ID those traits, and who shares them.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-11-11, 10:37 PM
It's psychology, a science that, every day, gets better and better at doing just that. Categorizing people.
I'd very much disagree it's gotten any better at this, really. The vastly increasing number of conditions in the DSM4 is rather proof that categorizing people is not working. Misdiagnosis, especially those by omission, are still quite frequent and also show the folly of trying to classify people, and its inefficacy; in classying someone as depressed, one often misses the other half of the bipolar disorder, but does not continue to look, believing a diagnosis has been found.

@Ego Slayer: My point is that it is silly to choose to identify only four traits from a person's personality that, as this very thread has shown, may grossly misrepresent a person's nature, finding who shares them is something of a folly. These often incorrect IDs of a set of four rather arbitrary traits designed to include a general personality overview within them show very little about whether two people are like one another or not. All it really serves to show is that standardized testing is not a very valid psychoanalytical tool.

SDF
2007-11-11, 10:46 PM
I'm not going to argue with you as this isn't the place, but if you are trying to tell my psychology doesn't work... oh boy.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-11-11, 11:07 PM
I was trying to make a slightly pedantic jest, when this started. If that shakes your faith in your choice school of psychoanalysis, I'm deeply sorry.

Draken
2007-11-11, 11:19 PM
Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted 56%
Intuitive 12%
Thinking 62%
Judging 1%

Sounds pretty acurate.

SDF
2007-11-11, 11:23 PM
If that shakes your faith in your choice school of psychoanalysis, I'm deeply sorry.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. I'll bet if you took the MMPI-2 it would be pretty spot on. Too bad they don't have that one online :P

Lemur
2007-11-11, 11:23 PM
It is pretentious.

I bet you're an INFP.

FdL
2007-11-12, 01:44 AM

ISTP - ryuan, Lemur, Gungnir, Tengu,

ISTJ - SMEE, B-Man, bluewind95, Crow, Tempest Fennac,

ISFP - Doihaveaname?, Jibar, Amotis

ISFJ - MisterSaturnine, samiam303, Omniplex, Baboon Army,

INFJ - Ego Slayer, Sir_Norbert, Catch, Bor the Barbarian Monk, Muz, [Insert Neat Username Here], Saithis Bladewing, Dragonrider, ZombieRockStar, Thrivol,

INFP - Winterwind, rubakhin, Castaras, Kalessin,

INTJ - bugsysservant, coolgaelbert, CurlyKitGirl, Semidi, Leather_Book_Wizard, MasatoHyuga, EmeraldRose, Brickwall, Gerrtt, unstattedCommoner, Pyro, Icewalker, Vaynor, Ranis, DarkCorax,

INTP - Fax_Celestis, h_v, D'anna Biers, Freshmeat, Brennus, Reptilius, Krimm_Blackleaf, CSK, Tempest Fennac, Dispozition, Exachix, Simius, dehro, commander43,

ENTP - Raiser_B1ade, Kellus, Halna LeGavilk, Rykaj,

ENTJ - Vuzzmop, SDF,

ENFJ - radikalskippy

ENFP - Orzel, daggaz, TheLoveInterest, Gezina, Capoeira

ESFJ - Hefty Lefty, Andre Fairchilde,

ESTP - blackfox

ESFP - Exeson, Kitya

ESTJ - Eldred

And don't attack me if I put you under the wrong type by accident. =P

Ego, you can add me in ISFJ. My comment was just a general one in a pissed off day :smallredface:

Gitman00
2007-11-12, 02:51 AM
ENTP, all the way. I was amazed how accurately it describes me, too. Especially:

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

and

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determination.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

Trazoi
2007-11-12, 03:56 AM
INFJ - very strong I, weaker NFJ.

I'm not sure I fully agree with the personality descriptions - I don't have have a knack for communication, at least verbally - but it's a reasonable fit, and the opposite personality (ESTP) doesn't sound like me at all.

Dispozition
2007-11-12, 04:27 AM
Damn...I'm one of the majorities...I hate being a majority...I am a minority *runs around in circles*

Tor the Fallen
2007-11-12, 05:17 AM
I'm a badass. I don't think we get acronyms.

Serpentine
2007-11-12, 05:52 AM
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
33........... 38......... 38.......... 1

You are:
moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

Well aren't I well-rounded. Except, you know, judgementalisingingstuffs.

Dhavaer
2007-11-12, 05:54 AM
INTP. Very, very extreme on the I, the T and the P.

AdrianoIank
2007-11-12, 08:20 AM
Your Type is INTJ (again)

Introverted 89%
Intuitive 50%
Thinking 88%
Judging 89%

Closet_Skeleton
2007-11-12, 08:37 AM
INTP this time round. Can't remember what I got on the last thread.

Introverted: 67

Intuitive: 62

Thinking: 1

Percieving: 56

Terumitsu
2007-11-12, 09:13 AM
Introverted 53
Intuitive 50
Thinking 62
Judging 56

Hmmm, still INTJ. The introverted dropped about thrity points from last time.... A good thing I think.

Heh, I still get a kick out of that descriptor... "Mastermind."

Vuzzmop
2007-11-12, 04:28 PM
I'd very much disagree it's gotten any better at this, really. The vastly increasing number of conditions in the DSM4 is rather proof that categorizing people is not working. Misdiagnosis, especially those by omission, are still quite frequent and also show the folly of trying to classify people, and its inefficacy; in classying someone as depressed, one often misses the other half of the bipolar disorder, but does not continue to look, believing a diagnosis has been found.

@Ego Slayer: My point is that it is silly to choose to identify only four traits from a person's personality that, as this very thread has shown, may grossly misrepresent a person's nature, finding who shares them is something of a folly. These often incorrect IDs of a set of four rather arbitrary traits designed to include a general personality overview within them show very little about whether two people are like one another or not. All it really serves to show is that standardized testing is not a very valid psychoanalytical tool.

The typeology test doesn't just fit you into a category, it provides you with the level at which you do so. A person is never fully extroverted or introverted, for example. Its not like a horoscope (sorry for making the connection).

Ego Slayer
2007-11-12, 04:45 PM
I took it again out of boredom to get some numbers.

INFJ,
44, 38, 62, 33%, respectively.

Numbers subject to change, really... some of those questions could go either way, I guess.

OverdrivePrime
2007-11-12, 05:23 PM
In the 15-20 times I've taken this test, I've always, always, always come up as ENFP (http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html). No one who knows me is shocked in the slightest.

Highlights and lowlights particularly pertinent to me:

ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.

Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-12, 05:46 PM
INTJ, all around 65ish.

Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.
That sounds like me, especially the bits about being determined and having high standards- I have a very low tolerance for stupidity.

hyperfreak497
2007-11-12, 05:46 PM
Wow. It classified me perfectly. ESFP (Performer).

Long Description:

Besides being concrete in speech and utilitarian in reaching their goals, the Performer Artisans are collaborative and expressive in their social interactions. Thus, while Performers are usually extreme in their expressiveness and sociability, observably the most expressive of all the types, they are not comfortable telling others what to do, preferring to offer information rather than to issue orders.

Demonstrating or performing is putting on a show to entertain others, and Performers, whether on the job, with friends, or in their families, are the natural performers among the types, people for whom it can truly be said "all the world's a stage." Playful and fun-loving, the Performer' primary social interest lies in stimulating those around them, arousing their senses and their pleasureful emotions-charming them, in a sense, to cast off their concerns and "lighten up." Representing about ten per cent of the general population, Performers radiate warmth and optimism, and are able to lift others' spirits with their contagious laughter and their irrepressible joy of living.

It is well that Performers are plentiful, something over ten per cent of the population, because they bring joy to so many of us. They love the excitement of playing to an audience, and they try to generate a sense of "showtime" wherever they are. Performers are not comfortable being alone most of the time, and seek the company of others whenever possible -- which they usually find, for they make wonderful playmates. Lively, witty conversationalists, Performers always seem to know the latest jokes and stories, and are quick with wisecracks and wordplay -- nothing is so serious or sacred that it can't be made fun of. Performers also like to live in the fast lane of society, and seem up on latest fads of dress, food, drink, and entertainment, the chic new fashion, the "in" nightclub, the "hot" new musical group. Energetic and uninhibited, Performers create a mood of "eat, drink, and be merry" wherever they go, and life around them can have a continual party-like atmosphere.

Seriously, it's like they know me.

Ossian
2007-11-13, 06:35 AM
INFJ! Sweet, I'm the late Obi Wan Kenobi and I did not know it (or I did? :smallbiggrin: )

As a broad description it fits. I think some people find the archetypes ill fitting because they fail to consider one factor. The test does not ask you why, for example, you'd pick the side of a room rather than the center. Perhaps you have an unfavorable perception of your body image, or you feel threatened by not having a solid slab of concrete behind you, and that could be for a number of reasons: from living in a difficult neighborhood without a friendly spiderman or from being an ex shock trooper in Cambodia, who knows? You could get a more accurate and descriptive profile, in a narrative form, if you had a chance to talk to a profiler. That was just an internet test, so it was accurate enough (to me, at least)

O.

DarkLightDragon
2007-11-13, 06:54 AM
How many times have I taken this?

But as I'm bored, I relucantly took the quiz:

ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
100 25 25 1

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality

banjo1985
2007-11-13, 07:43 AM
I've taken this test loads of times too, but not for quite a while....and I'm quite surprised that my results have changed quite heavily.

Your Type is
ENTJ
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
22 62 25 33

You are:
*slightly expressed extravert
*distinctively expressed intuitive personality
*moderately expressed thinking personality
*moderately expressed judging personality

I'm very very surprised. On every single one of these I've ever taken, I've come out as Introverted and Sensing, which has now switched around, the N/S one especially. I have no idea what's caused this, I don't feel or act any different to when I last took the test.

Could finishing uni and going into work have done so much to change my type?

Azrael
2007-11-13, 10:24 AM
I've posted on these before, so I'm going to skip the test this time around:

ENTJ

Fits me like a glove.

You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. :smalltongue:That's my line! :smalltongue:

Charity
2007-11-13, 10:58 AM
Yeah I bet I'm every bit as ENTP as I ever was, so I'll just forgo the test bit.

Isn't this where me and Thes get to recruit our minions from?Hang on while I log off and on again

Archonic Energy
2007-11-13, 11:00 AM
Isn't this where me and Thes get to recruit our minions from?

Stop pretending that you are different people we all know better here.
you have minions?

Your Type is
ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
89 1 75 11

last time i was INTP

Baboon Army
2007-11-13, 11:07 AM
I did it again just out of interest:
First attempt:
I 44
S 1
F 12
J 56

Second attempt:
I 56
S 1
F 12
J 44

hmm weird.

Azrael
2007-11-13, 11:16 AM
hmm weird.Not at all. You answered the S & F questions identically the second time. And how ever many questions you answered the first time that skewed you towards I & J, you reversed the ratio on the second test.

It also suggests that all four axes have an equal number of defining questions. This too should not be a surprise.

Thes Hunter
2007-11-13, 11:41 AM
I just got an ENFJ for the first time in my life. Normally I have been an ENTP. But it did say I was only slightly Feeling and Judging.

However it is interesting that for the 1st time, my chosen career path was given as good careers for this personality type.

Instead of it always telling me to go start a business of become a cop like it did for me as an ENTP.

Yeah I bet I'm every bit as ENTP as I ever was, so I'll just forgo the test bit.

Isn't this where me and Thes get to recruit our minions from?

Looks like I have gone soft on ya, Charity me ol' mate. Does that mean I can still co-rule with you? You can be bad cop, I'll be the good one. :smallwink:

Charity
2007-11-13, 11:59 AM
What a blow!
Thes has mellowed, how can... damn you Trog.

But of course you can Theso, I still need you..
Somebody has to take the flak when those pesky brave bands of heros turn up

Ryshan Ynrith
2007-11-13, 01:02 PM
INTJ, as it has always been.

# moderately expressed introvert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# distinctively expressed judging personality

Suitable for a career in scientific fields..sounds good, as I plan to be an engineer.

Brickwall
2007-11-13, 06:50 PM
Hm. I actually got bored enough to TAKE the test, and apparently the changes in my life actually changed my expressed personality. In only a year.

I went from a slight introvert to a slight extrovert. I am now:

22 Extrovert
75 Intuitive
50 Thinking
67 Perceiving

ENTP. I guess the fact that I am no longer in an area full of utterly contemptible humans may have allowed my Extroversion to fully express itself. Unsurprising.

Oh, and there's a good site here (http://www.personalitypage.com/) with lengthy type descriptions.

Alarra
2007-11-14, 08:45 PM
I got INFJ, but will fluctuate between that, INFP, INTP, and INTJ.

Dragonrider
2007-11-14, 08:52 PM
HA I took it again, just to see, and guess what:

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
100 50 12 89

Some-bod-y is not a people person. :smalltongue:
Anyway, looks like I haven't changed. I think my introversion is supposedly more strongly expressed, which is funny, because my people skills have improved - I guess all it means is that my preference is still strongly introverted.

ForzaFiori
2007-11-14, 08:56 PM
ENFP
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
1 25 12 11

thorgrim29
2007-11-14, 09:32 PM
yea, masterminds FTW.

Syka
2007-11-14, 10:37 PM
It's telling me I'm INFJ. I took it a couple years ago and got INTP. I think that one fits me better. :)

I was the only INTP in my class, and someone was like "How can you be Intuitive and Thinking?" And I explained as you get a gut feeling, you evaluate the validity of it, then you act on it. :)

Cheers,
Syka