PDA

View Full Version : Shortest gaming round?

NisseBosseLasse
2007-11-13, 12:24 PM
From start to end, how long did your shortest game last?

Telonius
2007-11-13, 12:45 PM
20 minutes. Then the cops chased us out of the mall.

RTGoodman
2007-11-13, 12:49 PM
Two weeks ago, I went to the university's gaming club, with the intent to spend about 3 hours playing D&D.

Of course, when we got there, there was a big argument between the founder and the current president, and we spent three hours with people arguing back and forth, trying to propose changing the club charter, and all sorts of pointless drama like that.

So the answer - 0 minutes. We never even got started past pulling out character sheets and dice.

Altair_the_Vexed
2007-11-13, 04:52 PM
I'm still (in a round about way) playing my first game of D&D - so that's 22 years.
:smallbiggrin:

Balkash
2007-11-13, 05:34 PM
Not really sure. I was using a pre-made character, then in the first 30 seconds, I accidentally stabbed myself with my pencil, said Son of a B&*#!... the NPC right infront of me turned out to be a city guard... ya...

Drider
2007-11-13, 06:14 PM
Not really sure. I was using a pre-made character, then in the first 30 seconds, I accidentally stabbed myself with my pencil, said Son of a B&*#!... the NPC right infront of me turned out to be a city guard... ya...

Did you get a chance to explain yourself to the guard? Or did he already have his weapon drawn and attacked you?

Thyatira3902
2007-11-13, 07:04 PM
it was supposed to be a summer game, but it turned into a one shot. I was playing with a group i'd never sessioned with before. i was the more experienced guy. Never had that DM before... so i didn't know how ruthless he was going to be. I was a bugbear barbarian/rogue. playing with a couple buddies. we were supposed to get into the city. They didn't have a lot of experience playing so... they rushed the gate. we killed all but one guard, who got away. we decided to make a run for it into the city to try and hide somewhere. I was caught with someone else. the others ran into the woods or something. We basically screwed over any semblance of a plot he had began. and he played thing pretty realistically. meaning if you did something wrong you were gonna pay for it.... so, i ended up telling the bbeg, who i didn't know was the bbeg, where the rest of the party was. then he killed me hunted the rest of them down and killed them and the game was over... after 1.5 hours.... sad stuff.

he didn't really adjust well... maybe next time...