PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Project Forms Compendium

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-21, 05:02 PM
EDIT: I'm back. Let's create as many forms as we can think of, since Eight Seraph needs them. Now!

This thread's purpose is to reunite every single Form you can create from this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54063) new system. For the only purpose of clarity, we will use a special format to write the Forms:
Witty Name in the corresponding color, in Bold.
Seed 1+ Seed 2...etc=Corresponding Bending skill name and DC

Fluffy text in Italic to describe the awesomeness of your Form.
I'll start!

Steam Snare
Mist/Feel the Flow/Freeze(Change Phase)= Waterbending DC: 47

She was close, but no one in our troop was able to pinpoint her. The only thing that proved us he was there, taunting us was the time of the day. No mist at all could rise under the midday sun.
It was thick, and the silence was unbearable. Sometimes, one of my soldiers would hit the furnitures, piled behind the houses, making us jump in an attempt to surprise the thief.
Then we heard her crystal-clear chuckling.
That angered me so much, but for ten minutes, nothing happened. Now it's freezing.
«All that for a sword she stole, I said to my partner. Why, nobody know.Until now, nobody knew a waterbender was in the village.»
I had been only answered by the cold biting my skin.
«Kodan?, I yelled. Where are you?»
Then I slipped on the icy floor, smashing my head on a frozen rock. The mist had cleared around me. Kodan was covered in a thin layer of ice, sitting on the floor, the white encompassing his being contrasting with my blood. I reched my brow with my hand. I was bleeding snow like hell.
Snow?
I couldn't move my eyes from Kodan, neither I could move my arms.
Then I heard her crystal-clear chuckling.
That angered me so much.

Forms created
Airbending
Ride the Cyclone
Air Scooter / Air Blast / Air Burst (+5) / Air Thrust: DC 49+

Scrambling on the fast moving air scooter, the airbender shot around his opponents swiftly trying to find escape from the firebenders who sought him. Ducking down alleys and over buildings, the airbender eventually found himself riding quickly into a large group of foes in the town's square. He grinned mischievously as he simply tumbled off of the air scooter and landed nimbly on his feet. The air scooter, however, did not dissipate, it continued to travel into the group of foes and explode outwards in a blast of gale force winds, scattering firebenders like dust in the wind.

This form turns the air scooter into a self-propelled air burst. The scooter can travel up to an additional 60 feet from the airbender and then it explodes with the Air Blast (Push) in a radius of 10ft and deals 1d4 points of damage (plus 1d4 for every 5 the DC is beaten) from the force, plus any additional damage from stuff they fall into.

Smoke Bomb Escape
Dust Cloud/Run as the Wind or Airbenders Leap: DC 24 or 29

Cornered, the Airbender sucked in a great breath as if to strike his pursuers with one final attack. He twirled his staff over his head, wind whipping through the alley, and struck with all his force... at the ground. The alley exploded into an opaque cloud of dust and debris. The pursuing Firebenders promptly engulfed the cloud in gouts of flame, incinerating the bits of trash and dissipating the cloud in a matter of seconds. But when the dust cleared, the Airbender was gone.

The airbender uses a blast of air to simultaneously launch himself in a particular direction and create a dust cloud, effectively disappearing like a ninja with a smoke bomb.

Rising Storm
Stormwinds/Particles(Dust Cloud)

In the hands of the airbender lies the power to defend oneself by unleashing omens of doom upon the mens. Separated by walls of dust, many despair for that loneliness is the worst omen of defeat.

Scream Hole
Sound Waves(Resonating Sound)/Air Shield= Airbending DC: 44

"Get off me!", yelled the arrow-tatooed women.
"I said get OFF!" As she screamed, her voice lost itself in an unearthly wail, strong enough to make her abductors ears bleed. They got rolling on the ground, repelled by the gust the airbender summoned. By the time they could get up, she fled.
-Man, you said Air Nomad girls were easy!
-'Thought they couldn't fight. Well, look like they can defend, though.

Swift Scooter
Run as the Wind / Air Scooter: DC 29+

His foes laid low, the airbender spun his arms quickly to form another air scooter, one that seemed to roil with incredible force. Perching upon it, the airbender then shot like an arrow from the town, and the assembled firebenders would swear they heard the sound of the air cracking in anguish from the speed of the airbender.

This form increases the already potent speed of the Air Scooter to 65ft + 5ft for every 4 that the DC is beaten by.

EarthbendingBadgermole Jaw
Rift/Column= Earthbending DC: 49

Despite being the most rigid and ordered of all the realms, the Earth Kingdom has known many masters of torture and other "dishonorable arts". While being quite a dark heritage to bear, this "quest for information" developped creativity among the people of the land. To force any Fire Nation officer to deliver his secrets, burrow his legs, right below the crotch and tighten the soil. Maybe his nut will crack and open to it's treasure!

Death From Above
Golem/Catapult: Earthbending DC 39

A growing shadow appeared around the witless firebender. "Huh? What?" *THUMP*

Note: Reflex for half. If you fail, Fort to avoid being knocked prone. The golem gets a standard action. Range 10 ft. Full round action to use.

Rolling Mound
Earthen Stride/Create Rubble= Earthbending DC: 39

"CHIEF! Chief! The forest is crashing! Animals are panicked! Dust clouds have rised to the north! It must be an Earth Kingdom strike!"
It was too late. Trees started falling on the camp, the soil rippling under as a green-clothed kid was riding a mound of earth.
"I'm the greatest earthbender in the world!", yelled the girl.

Tiger Trap
Column/Immobilize/Exacavate(+4 for 5-ft more) = DC:59

"You think you can stop me, old man? I've brought in bigger game than you before," menaced the bounty hunter from West. "And with all the trouble you've given me, . The old man gave a laugh and began a series of quick, complex gestures. Before the Fire Nation warrior knew what was going on, he was 10 feet below the earth, encased in solid rock and trapped in a dark cave. The Earthbender gave a smug grin and walked towards town, content in the knowledge his hunter would spend the last of his days trapped in a straight jacket in his own personal cave.

Whack-a-mole's Revenge
Waterbending Study Feat/Tremor Sense/Catapult: DC 55

Surrounded by angry loan sharks, a ton of hired muscle, and several accomplished earth benders, The Great Mole Man dropped into a wide stance, bracing himself for the oncoming attack. But just before that moment when the mob would strike (their shifting weight gave them away), The Mole Man made an abrupt circular, twisting motion with his arms and the earth beneath his feet opened up and swallowed him whole.

Gou Hung Fat, one of the aforementioned angry loan sharks, turned approvingly towards the hired earth benders. But the congratulations he had in mind died on his lips when he saw the horrified expressions on their faces. Gou was not a very fast man, hell, his last name was Fat, but as if to deny destiny he attempted to waddle to the side when he heard the rumble beneath his feet. The short grinding noise was all the warning he had before the ground itself hurled him twenty feet into the air.The other members of the mob stared, transfixed as the man who had hired most of their group arced over the local tea shop and crashed into it's garbage filled alley.

Swimming through the earth, the Mole Man focused his remarkable Tremorsense on the remaining tough guys and soon the town square was filled with their flying bodies, flung into the air like rag dolls. One of the miscreants plummeted into a passing cart full of cabbages that exploded upon impact, leaving it's already depressed owner in a state of shock.

His purse protected, the Mole Man breached, popping out of the earth, he closed the hole behind him, and landed on solid ground. After surveying the damage and giving a hearty laugh, the Great Mole Man strolled off into the sunset.

As you can see, practical application of Earth Swimming and Tremorsense can stealthily and quickly dispose of multiple targets with the greatest of ease. Also works well with: Column, Excavate, or Earth Blast.

FirebendingAsh Wyrm
Fire Sweep/Smoke(Choke)= Firebending DC: 39

Nobody listen to a deserter in the Earth Kingdom. Especially if you're a Fire Kingdom deserter. In fact, even more if you've been caught by the autorities stealing some food.
"Surrender, thief!", said the guards officer's.
Always the same phrase. Is it a convention?
I was surrounded in a dusty alley, which reminded me of the old teacher I had; he said: "Earthbenders know how to use their environment. Do the same." So I did. Spinning like a top, I landed a kick on the floor, letting a torrent of fire engulf them. Such wide moves, while inneficient, gattered the dirt and burnt it to ashes, colouring the flames in an unhealthy black. Coughing can't help following a foe, so I managed to flee.
Good thing, after all.

Back-off!

Fire Sweep + Explosion(Repel) + Play With Fire: DC 30

Roiling flames push the firebender's enemies away, then they seem to take a life of their own and continue knocking weak humans away.

Breath of the Blue Dragon
Breath of the Dragon/Lightning Base DC:69

The door creaked open slowly, the figure blocking the light purposly moved towards the shackled figure on the wall. "It's been three days without food or water. How about you tell me where the Fire Nation is going to move next?" "How about not?" The crumbld figure took a deep breath and exhaled. A bolt of lightning shot from his mouth and hit the man dead center and was thrown across the room. The air settled with the destinct smell of Ozone. And the prisnor smiled.

Dragon Kick
Explosive Burning Rush with guest appearance by the Flying Kick feat= Firebending DC 20

He's a strong opponent. He doesn't even bother to block my strikes anymore, and whatever that sticky stuff on his armor is keeps putting my fire out. Heh. Guess I can't hold back any longer, then. I dodge under his warhammer one last time and jump out of his reach. He can't keep up with me, and he doesn't bother to try. He just thinks that I'll tire out so he can crush me. Fool.
I turn tail and sprint the fifty feet to the other side. That deluded little man chuckles, thinking that I've given up. He'll find out all too soon that you should never fight a Fire Nation agent anywhere near a cliffside. Too bad he'll never have a chance to apply his knowledge. He takes up a defense position, expecting the attack. Fine by me.
I close my eyes and focus, feeling the familiar sensation of superheated air beneath my feet and the roar of the flames fills the cave, making the walls tremble in anticipation. I let the pressure build then explode out, the flames propelling my left leg straight outward, covering the distance to my opponent in a fraction of a second, immediately shoving his helmet several inches into his head. As I made combat, I released the rest of my pressure, a river of fire consuming my opponent's face and propelling smoldering form several hundred feet to the cliff's base.

Damage as Fire Blast, plus damage as a charge with Flying Kick, plus about 3d6 extra damage for the combination strike, then the falling damage. Overpowered? Probably. But let nobody say any longer that firebenders only have Fire Blast going for them.

Explosive Discharge
Lightning/Fire Burst: DC 74

With a horde of Earthbending soldiers trampling his way, the highly advanced Firebender focused on the intrinsic energies of ying and yang within himself, pulling them apart by sheer force of will. This particular Firebender took a gamble, pulling the energies apart farther than his old master had ever advised. He pulled until his will was spent and his body was nearly shaking with electrical charge. And in that fatal moment, just before the nearest Earthbender wound up for an Earth Blast, the Firebender let go and his body erupted in a terrifying explosion of pent up electrical charge as the twin opposite energies crashed back together. Myriad bolts of cobalt lightning tore through the Earthbenders' ranks, decimating the entire battalion. The Firebender sat down abruptly amid the charred, smoking corpses, completely exhausted by the tremendous energies he had played host to.

I feel like the Firebender should be Fatigued or maybe Exhausted after this form seeing as he's playing with the very forces that define the universe (according to Avatar).

Flying Ashes
Burning Rush/Explosion= Firebending DC: 20

Students sometimes come up with crazy ideas. This guy had to reach the top of the academy to get his ball back. When halfway in the air, he saw he wouldn't make it, so he blew up the air down his feet. He got some bruises and scars, but everyone had a good laugh! Well, till the teacher catched him...

Inferno Blast
Fire Blast / Fire in the Stomach / Intensity: DC 34+

The firebender Agni Kai was progressing with deadly slowness as the two firebenders circled each other warily. They each had dozens of stinging sears and scorches over their well muscled bodies. They were wounded and tired, and both were fighting for their honor. The younger man, a new officer, had stood up against an elder and for his insubordination, was challenged to an Agni Kai. The elder grinned slyly at the slowing young one as he fell to his knee, thinking the game won. Musting all of his strength, the younger took in a deep breath to stoke the fading coals of his strength, seeking one last burst of flame. The elder formed a knife of fire and walked towards his prey, thinking victory was at hand as the younger brought forth a wave of heat from within, igniting the very air around him as he poured all of his strength into this one last, fiery conflagration. He stood and shaped the fiery mass into a swirling vortex of doom and fired as a heavy blast at his foe who stood dumbfounded at his own demise. When the glare of the blast and the smoke cleared, the young officer was on his hands and knees on the hot stone and his opponent was nowhere to be found.

By bringing in the strength of firebending, one's breath, and use it to stoke the flame within, a firebender can greatly intensify the strength of his fireblast. By turning the fire blast into a full round action, he can increase the blast's damage. The blast does the firebender's base fire blast damage +1d6, plus an additional 1d6 points of damage for every 4 that the firebender beats the target DC on his firebending check.

Living Dragon Incarnation
Lava Flows(30) + Fire Blast(5) + Play With Fire(5): DC 40

"Earthbenders are far too defensive for their own good.."
A trio of earthbenders, part of their nation's military, trapped the young firebender in a small alleyway. Sure, all he had was fire, but those poor Earthbenders had forgotten one key part of Firebender military training.

The Unapproachable Spear
Blade of Fire(Create a Glaive) + Explosion(Repel): DC 20

In a split second, the trapped firebender armed himself with the only weapon he had on hand. A long glaive of pure flame lept into his hands. His enemies rushed onward, but each blow of the glaive sent them flying!

Thousand Birds
Blades of Fire/Lightning(Cold Fire): Firebending DC:59

The two warriors were standing still, watching each others moves. Their students were fighting a little farther on this new, half-built bridge. The mist was everywhere, starting to thin as the fugitive waterbender assassin couldn't concentrate or move to keep it strong. He was pinned by the fierce hounds of his firebender opponent, a rival from an allied country, known to be able to reproduce his foes bending arts, a feat beyond logic, Hamake Kadashi was a great ennemy.
''Zabura. You think I got there only thanks to my feat? I will now show you no copy, but my own technique'', Kadashi said calmly.
He joined his hands.
''Behold!''
Hamake Kadashi performed the moves needed to invoke his secret weapon, mostly hand signs. Between his thumbs began crackling in the chirping of a flock of small birds a raging thunder. The strength of this energy made the air grow heavy.
''You went too far. Tazura, your mark, represents the courage in this land. The bridge he is building, hope. You sacrificed too many to fulfill your ambitions. This is shameful to your clan.
-So what? I lived for my own ideals, not matter who or what gets in my way. It aint gonna change!, Zabura said in a smirk, behind the tight piece of cloth hiding the lower part of his face.
The scream of the lightning was deafening. In the blink of an eye, Kadashi deftly struck the heart of the runaway, arcs of power breaking through his body, roasting his red flesh. The hounds were scared, but this show wasn't new to their eyes, and the Master would surely let them have the corpse as a meal.

You make a lightning blade, which deal a huge amount of damage.

Eighth_Seraph
2007-11-23, 04:11 PM
Wow. I like your seed, it sounds like something Hama would do. If I had to DM it, though, I'd say that you could just do the Mist DC to start off, then increase it when the freezing kicked in, so if you failed a Waterbending check, it would only shut off the cold for that turn. Anywho, here's something a bit different.

Dragon Kick
Explosive Burning Rush with guest appearance by the Flying Kick feat= Firebending DC 20

He's a strong opponent. He doesn't even bother to block my strikes anymore, and whatever that sticky stuff on his armor is keeps putting my fire out. Heh. Guess I can't hold back any longer, then. I dodge under his warhammer one last time and jump out of his reach. He can't keep up with me, and he doesn't bother to try. He just thinks that I'll tire out so he can crush me. Fool.
I turn tail and sprint the fifty feet to the other side. That deluded little man chuckles, thinking that I've given up. He'll find out all too soon that you should never fight a Fire Nation agent anywhere near a cliffside. Too bad he'll never have a chance to apply his knowledge. He takes up a defense position, expecting the attack. Fine by me.
I close my eyes and focus, feeling the familiar sensation of superheated air beneath my feet and the roar of the flames fills the cave, making the walls tremble in anticipation. I let the pressure build then explode out, the flames propelling my left leg straight outward, covering the distance to my opponent in a fraction of a second, immediately shoving his helmet several inches into his head. As I made combat, I released the rest of my pressure, a river of fire consuming my opponent's face and propelling smoldering form several hundred feet to the cliff's base.

Damage as Fire Blast, plus damage as a charge with Flying Kick, plus about 3d6 extra damage for the combination strike, then the falling damage. Overpowered? Probably. But let nobody say any longer that firebenders only have Fire Blast going for them.

FlyMolo
2007-11-23, 10:31 PM
Tower of Power

Water Spout/Change Phase: Waterbending DC 19

The waterbender threw himself to one side, barely dodging the slabs of earth that crashed together a fraction of a second too late. His opponent, a clever earthbender, sniggered. "I'll get you eventually, you know." The waterbender climbed to his feet. "That's what you think!" he snarled. As he moved his arms in a complex pattern, starting at his feet and moving upwards, water from a nearby puddle flowed toward him, joining with the water from other puddles and pooling and rising underneath his feet. Suddenly, the waterbender took off straight up, rising rapidly atop a column of water. High above the ground, the waterbender clenched his fists and the whole column froze solid in an instant. "No dirt to trap me in up here!" he shouted.

Edit: Oh yeah, technical description. You're standing on top of a big tower thingie. The view is better and earthbenders can't trap you. Also, melee characters need a ladder.

Copacetic
2007-11-23, 11:01 PM
Heh. You can only do it if you can do it backwards....

Reverse Icicle
Change Phase/Water Spout/ Steady Stance
Waterbending DC:24

The Dai lee agent was surrounded, the fight gone from his body. Yet he still managed to laugh...."You can't keep me from bending. Once my Chi is balanced again I shall rise!" "Oh yeah?"

Waterbender version of the earthbender seed that traps people. I forget what it's called.

Edit: grammar and spelling corrected by elder brother.

Vadin
2007-11-23, 11:28 PM
Tiger Trap

Column/Immobilize/Exacavate(+4 for 5-ft more) = DC:59

"You think you can stop me, old man? I've brought in bigger game than you before," menaced the bounty hunter from West. "And with all the trouble you've given me, I'll be sure to take my time 'subduing' you..." The old man gave a laugh and began a series of quick, complex gestures. Before the Fire Nation warrior knew what was going on, he was 10 feet below the earth, encased in solid rock and trapped in a dark cave. The Earthbender gave a smug grin and walked towards town, content in the knowledge his hunter would spend the last of his days trapped in a straight jacket in his own personal cave.

The target is dropped 10 feet below the ground, and the newly created hole is covered by 5 feet of earth. The target must make a Reflex save or be immobilized. The target is considered helpless, but can still take actions that require only mental or verbal activity. Those who fail the Reflex save can make a Strength check equal to the Earthbending check to break free as a full-round action. They can also be freed by the use of any appropriate Earthbending form or by dealing 100 points of damage to the stone. Increasing the Earthbending DC by +5 for each size category above medium allows an Earthbender can capture larger creatures. A Tiger Trap can hold up to 1 Large creature, 2 Medium, or 4 Small creatures without needing to be increased in size. Adding an additional space in the trap increases the DC by 13. Every creature beyond the first increases the DC by an additional 10. Performing the Tiger Trap form in solid stone increases the bending DC by 20.

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-24, 10:19 AM
Wow. I like your seed, it sounds like something Hama would do. If I had to DM it, though, I'd say that you could just do the Mist DC to start off, then increase it when the freezing kicked in, so if you failed a Waterbending check, it would only shut off the cold for that turn. Anywho, here's something a bit different.

Thanks, but I felt like I got a kick in the nuts when I watched The Drill yesterday(On the Quebec equivalent of YTV and Nick, called Vrak TV). Katara does the same damn technique:smallfurious: . Anyway, here's another form one Hama would like. I'd allow a fortitude save to resist, as a disintegrate ripoff.:smallamused:

White Preservation

Puppet/Freeze(Change Phase)= Waterbending DC: 59

Fright began lurking on my spine as my bulking muscles were moving against my will, under the control of that hag. Her fiendish smile madened me, I couldn't understand how such torture inspired such pleasure.
She was toying with me, but her fun seemed to last quite for a short time. She wasn't concentrating on any humiliation to deal, she tried to do more.
Her unability to further increase my pain filled me with joy.
Then I saw excitement in her old eyes.
My skin started stretching, my flesh pushing it to the limit as it grew in mass.
I was freezing to the core.
Everything became black.
"Well, I guess storage won't be trouble anymore. What a great way to keep them fresh!", said Hama when she climbed back to her house.

---------------------------------------
Just Freeze your Puppets!

Another one, for firebenders! This suppose you can bull rush yourself with an explosion, so broaden your horizons!
---------------------------------------

Flying Ashes

Burning Rush/Explosion= Firebending DC: 20

Students sometimes come up with crazy ideas. This guy had to reach the top of the academy to get his ball back. When halfway in the air, he saw he wouldn't make it, so he blew up the air down his feet. He got some bruises and scars, but everyone had a good laugh! Well, till the teacher catched him...

FlyMolo
2007-11-24, 03:00 PM
Living Armor

Golem/Armor: Waterbending DC 39

Note: would be DC 34, but a ruling that the amor has to be one size category larger than you would be wise, I think.

The old waterbender surveyed the troop of young firebenders sent to arrest him. "I don't have much chance of fighting, do I? Not as old and frail as I am. Just let me get my coat." The old man hobbled off before the young hotshots had a chance to react. This wasn't how it was supposed to go, but what the heck. The guy had to be 85, at least. "Hey, did you hear something?" "No, what kind of something?" "Sort of a low rumbling..." "Suddenly, the wall smashed in, covering the squad with dust and showering them with bits of masonry. A huge Golem stood over them, built of blocky lumps of snow and ice. "I'm not so old now, am I?"

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-24, 04:26 PM
Ash Wyrm

Fire Sweep/Smoke(Choke)= Firebending DC: 39

Nobody listen to a deserter in the Earth Kingdom. Especially if you're a Fire Kingdom deserter. In fact, even more if you've been caught by the autorities stealing some food.
"Surrender, thief!", said the guards officer's.
Always the same phrase. Is it a convention?
I was surrounded in a dusty alley, which reminded me of the old teacher I had; he said: "Earthbenders know how to use their environment. Do the same." So I did. Spinning like a top, I landed a kick on the floor, letting a torrent of fire engulf them. Such wide moves, while inneficient, gattered the dirt and burnt it to ashes, colouring the flames in an unhealthy black. Coughing can't help following a foe, so I managed to flee.
Good thing, after all.

Scream Hole

Sound Waves(Resonating Sound)/Air Shield= Airbending DC: 44

"Get off me!", yelled the arrow-tatooed women.
"I said get OFF!" As she screamed, her voice lost itself in an unearthly wail, strong enough to make her abductors ears bleed. They got rolling on the ground, repelled by the gust the airbender summoned. By the time they could get up, she fled.
-Man, you said Air Nomad girls were easy!
-'Thought they couldn't fight. Well, look like they can defend, though.

Xiagu
2007-11-24, 07:40 PM
Hmmm, looks like fun...

Giant Flaming Lava Dragon of DOOM!!!
Lava Flows(Play with Fire) + Lava Flows(Fire Burst) = Firebending DC: 112 (Or 82, if Lava Flows is only applied once)

Note: Play with Fire doesn't seem to limit the amount of fire you can control, so I'm going to assume that controlling a Gargantuan flaming lava dragon is DC 35.

The earthbender platoon was mystified. They had fought their way through the town militia, braved the firebending master's guards, and smashed down the door to his simple house, only to find that he wasn't there. Backing out of the house, one of them chanced to look up.

It was the last thing he ever did. Far above, the firebender stood on the lava that composed the head of a giant, flaming dragon. He swung the great mass of lava around and accelerated towards the hapless earthbenders. The 'dragon' smashed into the ground and exploded, flinging great globs of molten rock everywhere. After the smoke cleared, the master stood in the middle of a smoldering crater, unscathed except for slightly singed hair.

Damage = Fire Blast damage + lava! (I'd say that the amount of lava in a Gargantuan dragon would count as complete immersion, so let's call the total 29d6 damage.) :smallbiggrin:

'Course, that's if you want to fly at 60 feet per round. Here's a table of some less dramatic alternatives:

{table=head]Feet per round|Firebending DC|DC without Fire Burst (just for transport)
5|90|35
10|92|37
15|94|39
20|96|41
25|98|43
30|100|45
35|102|47
40|104|49
45|106|51
50|108|53
55|110|55
60|112|57
65|114|59
70|116|61
75|118|63
80|120|65
85|122|67
90|124|69
95|126|71
100|128|73
[/table]

(If you're wondering why they didn't notice a giant flaming lava dragon in the sky, shhhhhhh.)

FlyMolo
2007-11-24, 10:27 PM
Hail of Ice
Ice Shards/Chill: Base Waterbending DC 19

The waterbender took a deep breath and exhaled sharply, throwing his arms out in front of him as he did so. A nearby river grew goosebumps of ice, which took off in a deadly hail toward a hapless opponent.

Note: A very basic form, posted in the interest of completeness. Damage 2d4 piercing and 2d4 cold, in two knives. Add +2 to the DC to add another knife, doing 1d4 piercing and 1d4 cold. A level 15 waterbender can do 22d4 damage, reflex 22 for half.

Gotcha Coming and Going
Ice Shards/Pressure/Water Blast: Waterbending DC 33

The Waterbender clenched his fist, icicle spikes rising from the ground behind his circling opponent. "Whoops, I think you missed me!" he taunted. "No, I didn't", the Waterbender muttered, letting a blast fly towards the unwitting opponent, lifting him from his feet and throwing him through a thicket of ice shards.

Note: Like the one above, easy to scale up. add more squares for +4 to the DC, which ups the damage. This really comes into its own when you knock them back 15 feet, dealing 3d4 +1d6 piercing and 3d4 cold. If the DC is too much, split it up as a spike action and a pressure action. Both standard actions, sadly.

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-24, 10:57 PM
BTW Xiagu: Apply Lava Flows once

Badgermole Jaw

Rift/Column= Earthbending DC: 49

Despite being the most rigid and ordered of all the realms, the Earth Kingdom has known many masters of torture and other "dishonorable arts". While being quite a dark heritage to bear, this "quest for information" developped creativity among the people of the land. To force any Fire Nation officer to deliver his secrets, burrow his legs, right below the crotch and tighten the soil. Maybe his nut will crack and open to it's treasure!

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-25, 06:30 AM
Lava Flows(30) + Fire Blast(5) + Play With Fire(5): DC 40.

A trio of earthbenders, part of their nation's military, trapped the young firebender in a small alleyway. Sure, all he had was fire, but those poor Earthbenders had forgotten one key part of Firebender military training.

Fire Is Everywhere.

A single ball of flame burst forth and slammed into the ground. Each earthbender gave a quiet chuckle, but they were quickly silenced as the earth began to rumble. The ground beneath their feet split apart as molten rock and magma poured to the surface. The firebender quickly found himself engulfed in the lava as it formed around his body. The lava changed it's shape into that of the dragon, with it's mouth agape and dripping lava like saliva. The dragon's eyes were made of the same flame as the bender's fire. Death had come, and it had come with molten teeth and claws!

The Unapproachable Spear
Blade of Fire(Create a Glaive) + Explosion(Repel): DC 20

In a split second, the trapped firebender armed himself with the only weapon he had on hand. A long glaive of pure flame lept into his hands. His enemies rushed onward, but each blow of the glaive sent them flying!

Back-off!
Fire Sweep + Explosion(Repel) + Play With Fire: DC 30

Roiling flames push the firebender's enemies away, then they seem to take a life of their own and continue knocking weak humans away.

Xiagu
2007-11-25, 11:31 AM
Lava Flows(30) + Fire Blast(5) + Play With Fire(5): DC 40.

Fire Is Everywhere.

A single ball of flame burst forth and slammed into the ground. Each earthbender gave a quiet chuckle, but they were quickly silenced as the earth began to rumble. The ground beneath their feet split apart as molten rock and magma poured to the surface. The firebender quickly found himself engulfed in the lava as it formed around his body. The lava changed it's shape into that of the dragon, with it's mouth agape and dripping lava like saliva. The dragon's eyes were made of the same flame as the bender's fire. Death had come, and it had come with molten teeth and claws!

For my giant lava dragon thingy, I thought that you had to apply the Lava Flows template to Play with Fire in order to move lava...

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-25, 03:42 PM
Rolling Mound

Earthen Stride/Create Rubble= Earthbending DC: 39

"CHIEF! Chief! The forest is crashing! Animals are panicked! Dust clouds have rised to the north! It must be an Earth Kingdom strike!"
It was too late. Trees started falling on the camp, the soil rippling under as a green-clothed kid was riding a mound of earth.
"I'm the greatest earthbender in the world!", yelled the girl.

Rising Storm

Stormwinds/Particles(Dust Cloud)

In the hands of the aiarbender lies the power to defend oneself by unleashing omens of doom upon the mens. Separated by walls of dust, many despair for that loneliness is the worst omen of defeat.

Copacetic
2007-11-25, 04:25 PM
:smallwink: T'was waiting to happen eventually.......

Breath of the Blue Dragon
Breath of the Dragon/Lightning Base DC:69

The door creaked open slowly, the figure blocking the light purposly moved towards the shackled figure on the wall. "It's been three days without food or water. How about you tell me where the Fire Nation is going to move next?" "How about not?" The crumbld figure took a deep breath and exhaled. A bolt of lightning shot from his mouth and hit the man dead center and was thrown across the room. The air settled with the destinct smell of Ozone. And the prisnor smiled.

Other possible non-sensical combos to follow.EDIT like this one!

Internal Combustion
Breath of the Dragon/Explosion

"You will pay more dearly for this for what you have done". The firebender was was gasping from the most recent round of torture. "Your insolence will not go unpunished". And the firebender smiled, for he knew this was wrong. After regaining his breath the firebender intook his last and deepest breath and let the pressure build inside him. Just before He thought he would let it out his used his last act of firebendng and exploded in a ball of flame, killing both him and the torturer.
:smallwink:

Ceiling009
2007-11-25, 05:14 PM
I can't see why breath of the blue dragon would be nonsensical... but I love Internal Combustion. Probably the best way to die.

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-25, 05:41 PM
I can't see why breath of the blue dragon would be nonsensical... but I love Internal Combustion. Probably the best way to die.
Separate the energies of fire to unleash thunder... With your teeth!

Now that I did two of each elements, I'll expand! It could be fun if some of these end up in the PDF, but we need much more. Come to me, my benders! Create crazy forms of dealing death!

P.S.: I will classify the forms in spoiler blocks in the OP.

Xiagu
2007-11-25, 05:55 PM

Wait.... ...I remember a thread about that in SMBG! It was entitled something like that...

One of them was "Swallow a delayed blast fireball." :smallbiggrin:

Copacetic
2007-11-25, 06:32 PM

Because spitting lightning just doesn't make sense. Think about it. In the first episode envovling lightning, Azula has to do her whole arm waving thng. And your telling me it makes perfect sense to skip all of that, and give you the handy part of not tipping off your opponents......by shooting it out your nose? But thank you for the complement:smallredface:

More Water!!!!!

Cleansing Steam

Healing Waters/Mist Base DC:34
"Juse let that soak into your skin. Feel the steam surrond your body and give you an essence of calm. And have all your anxieties float away.

FlyMolo
2007-11-25, 09:35 PM
Death From Above
Golem/Catapult: Earthbending DC 39

A growing shadow appeared around the witless firebender. "Huh? What?" *THUMP*

Note: Reflex for half. If you fail, Fort to avoid being knocked prone. The golem gets a standard action. Range 10 ft. Full round action to use.

Edit: Upon a re-read, you may be able to use this seed anywhere within your bending range.

The Fort save and reflex save increase by 5 for every size larger than medium the Golem is.

Size
Medium: 2d6
Large golem(+5 DC): 8d6
Huge:66d6
Gargantuan(+10 DC): 500d6
Colossal(+15 DC): more than 500d6.

Damage increment per +4 DC (+5 ft range)
Medium: 2d6
Large: 8d6
Huge: 66d6
Gargantuan: 500d6
Colossal: more than 500d6.

These are according to critter weights in the SRD, assuming you launch the golem 10 ft in any direction. I'm going to assume for brevity that you don't want the golem to land on you. Edit: Also, that means that you have to add +4 for a Gargantuan critter, and +12 for a colossal golem, just so it doesn't land on you too. Sorry about lack of tables. I don't know quite how they work.

Copacetic
2007-11-25, 09:37 PM
Thats........ dumb. Really dumb. 500d6!? That's so broken! I mean, WTF?!

Mephibosheth
2007-11-26, 04:49 PM
Here's a new one inspired by Katara's move in The Siege of the North Part II (IIRC).

Waterbending Column of Chilly Death!

Water Spout (DC 20 – Base DC 10 + 10 for a 30 ft column)/Freeze (DC 20 as a move action) – Final DC 44
Kuzon grinned as he watched his young opponent pick himself up off the ice, his breath heavy and his clothes singed. Kuzon’s last fire blasting barrage had come too quickly for the young Waterbender to deflect, and the fight looked to be over. Kuzon stepped forward onto the surface of the frozen lake, ready to end the duel. As soon as his feet left the land, however, he felt the ice shake and his body was suddenly thrust upwards. He tried to move or dodge, but the water that bore him upward was frozen solid. The column reached a dizzying height before rocketing straight down to the surface of the lake, and Kuzon’s breath was smashed from his lungs by the violence with which he hit the surface and his body was crushed under the weight of the ice.

This form creates a column of ice that brings the target 30 ft into the air and sends him crashing to the earth as it dissolves. The target can make a Reflex Save to avoid being caught in the column. Once the column reaches a height of 30 ft, the bender dissolves the column and the target crashes to the ground, taking 2d6 falling damage which can be reduced with a successful DC 15 Tumble check as normal. The target also takes an additional 4d6 bludgeoning damage from the chunks of ice that fall on top of her as the column collapses. Finally, the target must make an additional Reflex save or be considered Entangled and unable to move (though the target is not helpless) until she extricates herself from the pile of snow and ice (a full round action).

What do you think?

Mephibosheth

Mephibosheth
2007-12-01, 10:27 AM
Here's a new form, inspired by Katara's move in The Day of Black Sun.

Chilling Water Lash

Water Whip (DC 10)/Water Blast (DC 5)/Heat Chill (Change Phase) (DC 20 as a Swift Action) - Final DC 39
The Fire Nation soldiers gritted their teeth as they loaded the ballista yet again, preparing to fire upon the Earthbenders and Water Tribe soldiers advancing at the base of the cliff. As they cranked the winch to draw back the ballista bolt, the door of their turret crashed open, and they jerked their heads around to see two individuals standing amid the fragments of the door. In the front they saw a young man wearing a wolf-like helmet and armed with a black sword. Behind him was a young woman, clad in blue, with whips of water covering her arms and extending past her hands. She brought these whips to bear and water surged forward to over both soldiers. As they were pushed back against the walls by the onrushing water, the heard a cracking sound and the water froze around them, holding them in place while the sword-wielding warrior cut their ballista in half with a single powerful swing.

This form creates a pair of water whips that cover the arms of the Waterbender. The bender then sends the water in these whips pouring forth over her targets, using the Change Phase seed at the last moment to encase the targets in ice. Successfully hitting the targets requires a ranged touch attack. If the targets make a successful Reflex save, they maintain the use of their upper body (including the ability to attack as normal) but cannot move out of their current location. If they fail, they are encased in ice up to their necks and cannot move or attack (though they are not considered helpless).

FlyMolo
2007-12-01, 10:50 AM
There's actually a DC 45 version of Water whip that does just that.

Minus the freezing and the ranged, though.

Although, reading the original Thread, I think combining Tentacle and Water whip should give you huge arms.

Mephibosheth
2007-12-01, 12:29 PM
Either way, the point was to demonstrate that the maneuver from The Day of Black Sun is possible using existing seeds. Were I DM, I'd allow either method of recreating the seed. But thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice that form when I was writing up the combo form.

FlyMolo
2007-12-03, 09:17 PM
Greatsword of Death
Water Whip/Ice Shards(melee)+4: Waterbending DC: 28

The Waterbender awoke suddenly, jolted into wakefulness by a boot to the kidney. A rogue taunted him from 10 to 15 feet above the ground, sitting in a tree. " Ha. Can't reach me now." "Oh really?" The waterbendre focused for a few seconds, crafting a frozen greatsword. "Too short!" the rogue taunted, beside himself with laughter. Suddenly the greatsword shot forward, supported on a tendril of water. The watebender hacked the tree to pieces, leaving the rogue at his mercy.

That's right. It's a sword. on the end of a whip. Treat as a spiked chain which does greatsword damage, with a reach of 10 feet. The damage increase and range increase options for water whip apply. Feel free to pick a different weapon to attach, but keep in mind the DC goes down by two if you pick a one-hander, and by four(total) if you pick a light weapon. A waterbender is proficient with all hybrid weapons he/she creates.

Pirate_King
2007-12-26, 11:27 PM
I was working on a long range flame thrower form, and I think the fire kick seed needs some work to be a useful seed to take. say a 1st level firebender takes it. normally, his fireblast is a 5 dc to use in his 40 ft range. to go 30 feet beyond that range (10 feet out of shortbow range) the DC becomes 11. with the fire kick, the DC is 17(5 for fireblast, + 5 for firekick, +3 for the advantage that firekick grants, + 4 to combine them) Something is either wrong with the range rules, the combination rules, or the firekick rules, and I'm thinking it's the last one, unless I'm reading the rules wrong.

.EDIT

also, I think play with fire could afford to be a bit more defined, as evinced by all the lava dragons of doom wandering around at only 40 DC. perhaps the 5 DC could manipulate fire in such a way to imitate the produce flame and burning hands spells, and the DC would increase based on intensity, source, or size of the flame.

Dolphin Safe
2007-12-27, 03:45 AM
Whack-a-mole's Revenge
Waterbending Study Feat/Tremor Sense/Catapult: DC 55

Surrounded by angry loan sharks, a ton of hired muscle, and several accomplished earth benders, The Great Mole Man dropped into a wide stance, bracing himself for the oncoming attack. But just before that moment when the mob would strike (their shifting weight gave them away), The Mole Man made an abrupt circular, twisting motion with his arms and the earth beneath his feet opened up and swallowed him whole.

Gou Hung Fat, one of the aforementioned angry loan sharks, turned approvingly towards the hired earth benders. But the congratulations he had in mind died on his lips when he saw the horrified expressions on their faces. Gou was not a very fast man, hell, his last name was Fat, but as if to deny destiny he attempted to waddle to the side when he heard the rumble beneath his feet. The short grinding noise was all the warning he had before the ground itself hurled him twenty feet into the air.The other members of the mob stared, transfixed as the man who had hired most of their group arced over the local tea shop and crashed into it's garbage filled alley.

Swimming through the earth, the Mole Man focused his remarkable Tremorsense on the remaining tough guys and soon the town square was filled with their flying bodies, flung into the air like rag dolls. One of the miscreants plummeted into a passing cart full of cabbages that exploded upon impact, leaving it's already depressed owner in a state of shock.

His purse protected, the Mole Man breached, popping out of the earth, he closed the hole behind him, and landed on solid ground. After surveying the damage and giving a hearty laugh, the Great Mole Man strolled off into the sunset.

As you can see, practical application of Earth Swimming and Tremorsense can stealthily and quickly dispose of multiple targets with the greatest of ease. Also works well with: Column, Excavate, or Earth Blast.

Mephibosheth
2007-12-27, 10:59 AM
Thanks a lot for your input! Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

I was working on a long range flame thrower form, and I think the fire kick seed needs some work to be a useful seed to take. say a 1st level firebender takes it. normally, his fireblast is a 5 dc to use in his 40 ft range. to go 30 feet beyond that range (10 feet out of shortbow range) the DC becomes 11. with the fire kick, the DC is 17(5 for fireblast, + 5 for firekick, +3 for the advantage that firekick grants, + 4 to combine them) Something is either wrong with the range rules, the combination rules, or the firekick rules, and I'm thinking it's the last one, unless I'm reading the rules wrong.
Yeah, Fire Kick, while useful, is a bit anticlimactic, and have suggested adding the ability to firebend while the bender's hands are immobilized to Fire Kick. Also, we should probably add something to the bending overview about template seeds, just to be absolutely clear on how templates work. Any suggestions about how to improve the seed?

also, I think play with fire could afford to be a bit more defined, as evinced by all the lava dragons of doom wandering around at only 40 DC. perhaps the 5 DC could manipulate fire in such a way to imitate the produce flame and burning hands spells, and the DC would increase based on intensity, source, or size of the flame.

Play with Fire (as well as the corresponding abilities in the other bending classes) was created to be Prestidigitation for benders. Basically, we see benders all the time using their abilities for minor things that don't really have any combat utility, but add a lot to the world of the show. Firebenders create balls of fire in their hands to act as torches. They make already-existing fires spark and sputter or they breath smoke and small tongues of flame when they're angry. They breathe fire into their hands to warm them. They heat cups of tea and light incense. Play with Fire was created to allow benders to do these sorts of things. It was left vague intentionally so that, within the bounds of the ability, benders could use it for pretty much anything. It didn't really make sense to stat out specific forms for these minor (mostly flavorful) abilities, so we left Play with Fire vague enough to accommodate some creativity.

I agree that lava dragons of doom at DC 40 are pretty ridiculous. I think the problem with this, however, lies in the poor definition of the Lava Flows seed. We've only seen lava being bent a few times in the show, so the seed is largely extrapolation and could probably use some editing. I suggest that you (or I, whichever) make a post to this effect in the "Bending and Base Classes" thread.

I hope this answers your questions

Thanks again for the input.

Mephibosheth

Dolphin Safe
2007-12-29, 01:03 AM
Explosive Discharge
Lightning/Fire Burst: DC 74

With a horde of Earthbending soldiers trampling his way, the highly advanced Firebender focused on the intrinsic energies of ying and yang within himself, pulling them apart by sheer force of will. This particular Firebender took a gamble, pulling the energies apart farther than his old master had ever advised. He pulled until his will was spent and his body was nearly shaking with electrical charge. And in that fatal moment, just before the nearest Earthbender wound up for an Earth Blast, the Firebender let go and his body erupted in a terrifying explosion of pent up electrical charge as the twin opposite energies crashed back together. Myriad bolts of cobalt lightning tore through the Earthbenders' ranks, decimating the entire battalion. The Firebender sat down abruptly amid the charred, smoking corpses, completely exhausted by the tremendous energies he had played host to.

I feel like the Firebender should be Fatigued or maybe Exhausted after this form seeing as he's playing with the very forces that define the universe (according to Avatar).

Lodestone
Cold Fire/Fire in the Stomach/Redirect Lightning: DC 99

The Firebender begins by separating the Ying and Yang just as he would when creating Lightning. However, instead of letting the two energies crash back together, the Firebender takes a deep breath as per Fire in the Stomach and holds them apart. This creates an attractive charge within the Firebender that disrupts all lightning, Firebending or natural, and other electrical charges. Throughout the duration of Fire in the Stomach, all lightning and electrical charge that passes within 10 feet of the Firebender is absorbed directly into the Firebender's body and may be redirected as per Redirect Lightning. All lightning and electrical charge that passes within 25 feet of the Firebender is pulled towards the Firebender but not into him, instead striking a random square within 10 feet of the Firebender as though it were a bolt of Cold Fire.

Lightning Trap
Lightning/Incandescence: DC 64

Instead of releasing the Lightning's charge in a directional bolt, the Firebender transfers it to a suitable metal conduit as per Heat Metal. The next creature to come into contact with this charged object unleashes the pent up charge and suffers damage equal to that of a Coldfire created by the Firebender who made the Lightning Trap except that damage is NOT empowered as stated in Coldfire. I think this would also be a cool way to create a Lightning Grenade that could be charged then hurled at opponents with a ranged touch attack.

Fire Octopus
Wall of Fire/Fire Whip: DC 39

Basically, the Firebender creates either the Plane or Ring forms of Wall of Fire then causes a Fire Whip to extrude from the wall, effectively gaining the ability to attack/trip creatures on the other side of the wall. The Firebender may add extra whips with the addition of +3 to the DC per whip.

So, what do you think of my Firebender Form Suite? Comments? Questions? Silly mistakes I made?

Also, I've just learned that the concussive force of some explosions can literally suck the air right out of someone's lungs. I'd really like to duplicate this as a Bending maneuver, either Airbender or Firebender, but I'm not really sure what forms to use to do it. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Pirate_King
2007-12-29, 11:15 AM
well, lodestone sounds cool, but is kind of impossible, since the maximum bending modifier for a L20 character is 34, so even on a natural 20, the overbending would kill the bender. I guess it would be a cool way to go out to, like, kill the firelord (and every body guard around him) or something, but other than that, sheesh. more dramatic than the combustion suggested.

Explosive discharge is kind of cool, but the fluff you added makes it sound more like it were combined with fire sweep than fireburst. the DC of it is still lethal if he were L20 and rolled a 10 or lower.

ErrantX
2007-12-29, 06:14 PM
Here's an idea for Firebender form:

Inferno Blast
Fire Blast / Fire in the Stomach / Intensity: DC 34+

The firebender Agni Kai was progressing with deadly slowness as the two firebenders circled each other warily. They each had dozens of stinging sears and scorches over their well muscled bodies. They were wounded and tired, and both were fighting for their honor. The younger man, a new officer, had stood up against an elder and for his insubordination, was challenged to an Agni Kai. The elder grinned slyly at the slowing young one as he fell to his knee, thinking the game won. Musting all of his strength, the younger took in a deep breath to stoke the fading coals of his strength, seeking one last burst of flame. The elder formed a knife of fire and walked towards his prey, thinking victory was at hand as the younger brought forth a wave of heat from within, igniting the very air around him as he poured all of his strength into this one last, fiery conflagration. He stood and shaped the fiery mass into a swirling vortex of doom and fired as a heavy blast at his foe who stood dumbfounded at his own demise. When the glare of the blast and the smoke cleared, the young officer was on his hands and knees on the hot stone and his opponent was nowhere to be found.

By bringing in the strength of firebending, one's breath, and use it to stoke the flame within, a firebender can greatly intensify the strength of his fireblast. By turning the fire blast into a full round action, he can increase the blast's damage. The blast does the firebender's base fire blast damage +1d6, plus an additional 1d6 points of damage for every 4 that the firebender beats the target DC on his firebending check.

Thoughts and comments?
-X

Dolphin Safe
2007-12-29, 06:25 PM
Pirate: Yeah, I kind of imagined Lodestone as a last ditch technique. In the instance you'd need to redirect multiple Lightning strikes you're probably going to get killed anyways...

I think changing Explosive Discharge to use Fire Sweep would be a good idea actually. Then you'd be more likely to survive the technique.

As they are though, I think Lodestone, Explosive Discharge and Lightning Trap would be most practical when used by an epic Bender, honestly with the kind of power the first two deal I think they should be epic forms.

EarrantX: Very cool, it reminds me of the extra huge fire blast Zuko uses against Aang in the "Crossroads of Destiny" episode.

ErrantX
2007-12-29, 08:01 PM
ErrantX: Very cool, it reminds me of the extra huge fire blast Zuko uses against Aang in the "Crossroads of Destiny" episode.

That's precisely what I was going for.

-X

Pirate_King
2007-12-30, 12:29 AM
I keep trying to imagine what a firebender looks like when using fire in the stomach, and I just see a guy standing in a fighting horse stance with steam coming out his ears. Maybe his stomach turns red. Awesome form, though.

Dolphin Safe
2007-12-30, 01:23 PM
Haha, yeah I could see that. Maybe it's not really a visible form? What part of the show was that form based on?

Guyr Adamantine
2007-12-31, 04:23 PM
The OP is back! I dunno if I'm the only one to see this, but it seems airbenders truly are damn tough to manipulate, since most of their seeds look pretty "bland", effects-wise. To the opposite, waterbenders and firebenders are simply perfect! Do any of you can bring suggestions to brighten the airbender? That would be great.

P.S.:

Haha, yeah I could see that. Maybe it's not really a visible form? What part of the show was that form based on?
In The Siege on the North, Zuko use what seems to be Fire in the Stomach.

Dolphin Safe
2007-12-31, 11:22 PM
I think the problem is that everyone enjoys coming up with creative offensive techniques, which the waterbenders and firebenders are great for, but the airbenders are more of a defensive class. Then again, with all the ways you can use the Air blast, you basically gain telekinesis at the higher levels. That's pretty nice. Also, I think the Airbending seeds have neglected an Airbender's ability to pull something. Like when Aang gets in the fight with Zuko in Kyoshi Village and uses Airbending to suck two war-fans into his hands. By creating a precisely aimed, more powerful vortex maneuver like that, an Airbender could likely rip someone's weapon right out of their hand.

That said, here's a less offensive airbending form.

Smoke Bomb Escape
Dust Cloud/Run as the Wind or Airbenders Leap: DC 24 or 29

Cornered, the Airbender sucked in a great breath as if to strike his pursuers with one final attack. He twirled his staff over his head, wind whipping through the alley, and struck with all his force... at the ground. The alley exploded into an opaque cloud of dust and debris. The pursuing Firebenders promptly engulfed the cloud in gouts of flame, incinerating the bits of trash and dissipating the cloud in a matter of seconds. But when the dust cleared, the Airbender was gone.

The airbender uses a blast of air to simultaneously launch himself in a particular direction and create a dust cloud, effectively disappearing like a ninja with a smoke bomb.

ErrantX
2008-01-01, 01:29 PM
Ride the Cyclone
Air Scooter / Air Blast / Air Burst (+5) / Air Thrust: DC 49+

Scrambling on the fast moving air scooter, the airbender shot around his opponents swiftly trying to find escape from the firebenders who sought him. Ducking down alleys and over buildings, the airbender eventually found himself riding quickly into a large group of foes in the town's square. He grinned mischievously as he simply tumbled off of the air scooter and landed nimbly on his feet. The air scooter, however, did not dissipate, it continued to travel into the group of foes and explode outwards in a blast of gale force winds, scattering firebenders like dust in the wind.

This form turns the air scooter into a self-propelled air burst. The scooter can travel up to an additional 60 feet from the airbender and then it explodes with the Air Blast (Push) in a radius of 10ft and deals 1d4 points of damage (plus 1d4 for every 5 the DC is beaten) from the force, plus any additional damage from stuff they fall into.

Swift Scooter
Run as the Wind / Air Scooter: DC 29+

His foes laid low, the airbender spun his arms quickly to form another air scooter, one that seemed to roil with incredible force. Perching upon it, the airbender then shot like an arrow from the town, and the assembled firebenders would swear they heard the sound of the air cracking in anguish from the speed of the airbender.

This form increases the already potent speed of the Air Scooter to 65ft + 5ft for every 4 that the DC is beaten by.

-X

Vadin
2008-01-05, 11:40 PM
Return Attack
Blast+Deflect Attack=Bending DC 14

The old Earthbender had once again been cornered. This time not by some cocky mercenary, but by a young Fire Nation patriot. Poor kid, he thought. So deluded he'd actually try and capture me...and then not even want a reward! The old man had allowed himself to be 'caught' by the young boy some time ago. He knew he could break out, and this kid's old mother had given him food and a night's lodging. The least he could do was repay them with his hefty bounty. But that kid refusing to take the reward...that was where Master Tang drew the line. If he was going to suffer, the kid might as well have benefited! In a fit of rage, the ancient Earthbender threw up a cloud of dust and escaped. The police simply sighed and agreed there was no way they catch him. The boy, however, was more zealous. He ran outside and chased down the fleeing bender. The pursuit continued for three days, when Tang at last reached a massive cliffside overlooking the sea. He was trapped, and didn't want to hurt the boy. As the Fire Nation lad (who, to Tang's surprise, was a Fire Bender!) yelled various things about the Earth Kingdom King and his evils or somesuch, the Earthbending master thought back to the days of his youth. In a flash of inspiration, he remembered a form he'd developed in his earliest days of training, a form his own master had called 'highly unorthodox'. Trapped between a the sea and a Firebender, this seemed like the perfect time for something unorthodox. When the fire blasts flew towards his skull, he countered their force with his own ball of rock. Every ball of flame was destroyed with a rock that flew straight for the young Firebender. When the boy was simply too beat up to continue fighting, he fell to his knees, and asked that his death be quick and painless. Laughing, the old Earthbender simply patted him on the head, called him a "good kid", and went on his way, once again seeking out a town he might call home for awhile.

Such a simple combination with excellent results. Not so great against melee characters, but its very effective in one on one battles against ranged attackers and other benders. I left out the specific blast type and the particular bending skill, as this form can be used by any bender.

FlyMolo
2008-01-06, 01:28 AM
Return Attack
Blast+Deflect Attack=Bending DC 14

The old Earthbender had once again been cornered. This time not by some cocky mercenary, but by a young Fire Nation patriot. Poor kid, he thought. So deluded he'd actually try and capture me...and then not even want a reward! The old man had allowed himself to be 'caught' by the young boy some time ago. He knew he could break out, and this kid's old mother had given him food and a night's lodging. The least he could do was repay them with his hefty bounty. But that kid refusing to take the reward...that was where Master Tang drew the line. If he was going to suffer, the kid might as well have benefited! In a fit of rage, the ancient Earthbender threw up a cloud of dust and escaped. The police simply sighed and agreed there was no way they catch him. The boy, however, was more zealous. He ran outside and chased down the fleeing bender. The pursuit continued for three days, when Tang at last reached a massive cliffside overlooking the sea. He was trapped, and didn't want to hurt the boy. As the Fire Nation lad (who, to Tang's surprise, was a Fire Bender!) yelled various things about the Earth Kingdom King and his evils or somesuch, the Earthbending master thought back to the days of his youth. In a flash of inspiration, he remembered a form he'd developed in his earliest days of training, a form his own master had called 'highly unorthodox'. Trapped between a the sea and a Firebender, this seemed like the perfect time for something unorthodox. When the fire blasts flew towards his skull, he countered their force with his own ball of rock. Every ball of flame was destroyed with a rock that flew straight for the young Firebender. When the boy was simply too beat up to continue fighting, he fell to his knees, and asked that his death be quick and painless. Laughing, the old Earthbender simply patted him on the head, called him a "good kid", and went on his way, once again seeking out a town he might call home for awhile.

Such a simple combination with excellent results. Not so great against melee characters, but its very effective in one on one battles against ranged attackers and other benders. I left out the specific blast type and the particular bending skill, as this form can be used by any bender.

Nice fluff. There's a Waterbending class feature which works exactly like this. Sort of.

Dolphin Safe
2008-01-10, 12:41 AM
That form could also be used to simply blast through another bender's blasts with a big chuck of rock, effectively defeating their attack and hitting them with your's simultaneously. It has the same result as the Waterbender's Circular Attack, but is definitely very Earthbender.

Vadin
2008-01-10, 03:34 PM
Precisely. An Earthbender destroys his enemies blasts with a boulder, an Airbender tips them out of the way with subtle manipulations in the blast's flight path, the Waterbender bats it away to the side with a well-placed water blast, and the Firebender launches enemy blasts away with a powerful jet of heat.
Every class has, flavorwise at least, its own method of attack de/reflection.

Mephibosheth
2008-01-10, 03:56 PM
That's one of the great things about this setting. It's so rich in awesome description, and there's such wide variety. I like to think of earthbenders as summoning momentary walls of earth to block incoming attacks, waterbenders as using what essentially amounts to a small water shield to deflect attacks and redirect their momentum into a water blast, airbenders as swollowing attacks up in whirlwinds or with their staves, and firebenders as just dodging out of the way (cuz, you know, they suck at deflecting attacks). Huzzah for description!

Guyr Adamantine
2008-01-22, 01:37 PM
Thousand Birds
Blades of Fire/Lightning(Cold Fire): Firebending DC:59

The two warriors were standing still, watching each others moves. Their students were fighting a little farther on this new, half-built bridge. The mist was everywhere, starting to thin as the fugitive waterbender assassin couldn't concentrate or move to keep it strong. He was pinned by the fierce hounds of his firebender opponent, a rival from an allied country, known to be able to reproduce his foes bending arts, a feat beyond logic, Hamake Kadashi was a great ennemy.
''Zabura. You think I got there only thanks to my feat? I will now show you no copy, but my own technique'', Kadashi said calmly.
He joined his hands.
''Behold!''
Hamake Kadashi performed the moves needed to invoke his secret weapon, mostly hand signs. Between his thumbs began crackling in the chirping of a flock of small birds a raging thunder. The strength of this energy made the air grow heavy.
''You went too far. Tazura, your mark, represents the courage in this land. The bridge he is building, hope. You sacrificed too many to fulfill your ambitions. This is shameful to your clan.
-So what? I lived for my own ideals, not matter who or what gets in my way. It aint gonna change!, Zabura said in a smirk, behind the tight piece of cloth hiding the lower part of his face.
The scream of the lightning was deafening. In the blink of an eye, Kadashi deftly struck the heart of the runaway, arcs of power breaking through his body, roasting his red flesh. The hounds were scared, but this show wasn't new to their eyes, and the Master would surely let them have the corpse as a meal.

You make a lightning blade, which deal a huge amount of damage.

Please don't beat me up...

Vadin
2008-01-22, 05:25 PM
Naruto Benders > Naruto "Ninjas"

Way to make Naruto seem awesome, Guyr. Now I've gotta go back and give the show a second shot...Jeez!

Guyr Adamantine
2008-01-22, 07:01 PM
Naruto Benders > Naruto "Ninjas"

Way to make Naruto seem awesome, Guyr. Now I've gotta go back and give the show a second shot...Jeez!
I must say there is potential in the elemental techniques the ninjas use.

Therefore, here's another one!

Water Clone Technique
Golem/Mist(Figment)

''Watch out team! We have no rank C midget on our tail. This warrior has seen many winters'', warned Hamake Kadashi to his pupils. It was the first time they had to escort someone to another country, beyond the defenses of their village. The master intended to bring them back in one piece.
''Your chief is right, kids. It is better to gather yourselves, so that every sides are clear of danger'', whispered the renegade assassin and reknown waterbender Modochi Zabura. His voice was close. Too close.
''Behind!'', screamed Narugo, the shortest but most energetic member of the squad. He was right. In the center of their formation was their foe, a huge grin behind his mask. With his incredibly large sword, he struck Kadashi to the waist, slicing him in two halves, as if he cut through butter.
Water fell on the floor, losing the color and features of the squad team.
''What?'', asked Zabura. He felt a knife on his neck, just over the artery.
It poke the smoot skin.
Water came dripping.
A second clone dissolved on the ground.
''Did you expect to fool me with my own trick? Amateur. Even your magic eye can't beat me, StealBender Kadashi!''
The master's fate seemed sealed, and death to this enemy would be short, he yelled to his pupils to flee, but one of them was here to stay. Narugo had a viscious look in his eye. He had a plan.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-01-23, 05:50 PM
Sorry for double-posting, but this one is an original.

Smoldering Arena
Wall of Fire(Ring)/Incandesce: Firebending DC 64

To spice up Agni Kai, sometimes experienced fighters like to limit the range of movement in the arena. It is useful also to prevent a foe from running away. Hide their corpses too.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-01-24, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't feel that bad about posting (again), you know, if you made at least one witty comment about this great thread!

Vibrating Sound Drill
Flowing Air Strike/Sound Waves(Resonating Sound): Airbending DC: 34

''You dare try to cover your ears? What a pity. I'll teach you something your whole body is full of water. And sound goes through water easily. So, the rest of your body, the parts you aren't protecting, act as some giant ear. Try to dodge my attacks now. What? Too dazed to mo....''

The green clad monk fainted. His ears were bleeding like hell, the pain was too high to witstand. Safura would have to defend herself alone now.

You deal sonic damage and deafen your foes with unarmed strikes. Coooool.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-01-24, 06:14 PM
I like Vibrating Sound Drill, though it might be a bit of a stretch.

I really like Smoldering Arena; I can imagine an official Agni Kai (like Zuko versus his father) having one of these put in place by some onlookers bending cooperatively just as the duel begins, for added effect. Nice work.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-01-24, 06:55 PM
I like Vibrating Sound Drill, though it might be a bit of a stretch.

I really like Smoldering Arena; I can imagine an official Agni Kai (like Zuko versus his father) having one of these put in place by some onlookers bending cooperatively just as the duel begins, for added effect. Nice work.
I know it look stretchy, but if the form use the longest duration, it ain't half bad. Also, airbenders now have the power to pack some punch! (No pun intended.)

On the Overpowered side:VSD seems too strong, but in the end, the DC is 34, to which you must add 5 for every damage dice/round of deafening you want to gain. Then, your bonus to unarmed attack is only enhanced by every 5 points your beat the original DC. You gotta get a good roll.

And about Smoldering Arena, I did it while I was bored, but it is some good form leaning on the RP bent, but with some battle utilities. Go Team Fire!

Guyr Adamantine
2008-02-08, 01:42 PM
I hate doing that but bump.:smallmad:

Uthug
2008-02-09, 08:24 PM
Nice try.
Fossilize
Dust: Cloud/Immobilize: DC 34
The Firebender laughed as a large cloud of dust rose to surround him.
"You think that I'll be blinded by this little cloud?"
Smirking, the Earthbender clenched his fist, the Firebender screamed as the particles gathered around him, entombing him in a shell of earth.

Isn't this cool?

ErrantX
2008-02-09, 08:46 PM
Nice try.
Fossilize
*snip*
Isn't this cool?

Hell yes it is :)

I like it. Good form!

-X

Eighth_Seraph
2008-02-09, 10:41 PM
Hm. Who was it that threatened to shoot anyone that mentioned a "Sand Coffin" form? 'Cause you're walking that line, Uthug.

That being said, I'm using it next time I make an earthbender.

Uthug
2008-02-11, 09:24 AM
Thanks...I guess. If you had used it in that playtest I would have been dead.

Another form for airbenders.
Hurricane Force
Air Blast/Stormwinds: DC 59

The Fire Nation was advancing upon the Air Temple. The Airbenders just stared at them, a look of regret on their faces. Tightly compressing balls of air in their hands, they stood and waited as the soldiers approached. They suddenly thrust their hands forward, releasing the pent up energy. The released energy surged forwards, engulfing the entire Fire Nation Army in a cloud of dust. Trees heaved as their roots were yanked out of the ground, large boulders which had lain unmoved for centuries flew as if they were mere pebbles etc. When the dust cleared, the army was gone.

Pirate_King
2008-02-18, 10:28 AM
Dragon's Tail
Fire Whip(+5 feet) /Intensity : Firebending DC 34

A Firebender stood in the middle of a training ring, lighted a small flame at his finger tips, as if he were simply holding a candle. As he whipped his arms about, the flame grew longer, and seemed to attain a life of it's own as the firebender focused his heat into it. The flame wrapped around him until he flung it at his targets, incinerating each training dummy without leaving the center of the ring

I just have this cool image of a firebender at a rave, using fire instead of a glow stick.

explosion would also be a useful (http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/220/525.jpg) thing to add to this form

Shades of Gray
2008-02-21, 12:23 AM
Pinball
Column+Catapult+Tremorsense (used earlier): DC:34

Xun was facing an elusive foe, the waterbender had created a mist effect, luckily, Xun was prepared. He planted his feet firmly in the ground, feeling for the elusive waterbender. Sensing his foe, he quickly acted, he raised a column of earth from the ground, the waterbender evaded, however, unexpectedly, another column came out of the side of the first one, catapulting him towards the earthbender. The surprised waterbender was directly at his feet. Give up yet?

Shield Golem
Golem+Earthwall, DC: 29.

Xun needed something to protect him, his golem wasn't cutting it. He then had inspiration, he created a wall of earth on the golem's fore-arm. It now stood with a massive wall on it's arm, easily the size of a towershield. Now he had protection, now the enemy wishes they had some too.

Basically, you give your golem a tower shield, it functions just like earth wall's effect. However (with DM's discretion). maybe you can add a shield bonus to AC for the golem?

Eighth_Seraph
2008-02-22, 04:52 PM
Alright, all three of these have been deemed legitimate, though there is some ambiguity about Swamp Eyes. Notice the fact that all of the cruch for Drillspike makes absolutely no reference to the usual capabilities of the Ice Shards seed.

Run. Hide. There's no escape.
Water Blast + Ice Shards (Ranged) + Mist = Base DC 33
The firebender has finally realized that it's all over. Shui Jin, the coward, runs behind the weathered outcropping at the arena's edge, obviously hoping to force me into coming to him. No such luck. The stream is kind enough to provide me with a shard of ice, and I launch it with a jet of water, allowing my blast to maneuver the missile around the corner that would be my doom if ever I approached it. The projectile leaves a fine trail of mist and shatters on impact, making a column of fog to give away my opponent's location. Sorant had to have seen that signal; he'll be coming to back me up shortly. Shui Jin is all ours now.

Pretty self explanatory. An ice shards that shatters into a mushroom cloud upon making contact with something; great for checking the depth of holes or for making a rough map of an area with little to no visibility. Incorporating Water Blast is only necessary to turn corners, and more shards (and thus more signals) are possible at the rate of 1 per +4 to the DC. The trail of mist can be used as a setup for Feel the Flow.
Swamp Eyes
Manipulate + Feel the Flow; = Base DC 27
Of course, Shui Jin lasted this long because he knows when to fight and when to run. He's wise to run from my cloud, but I'm ready for him this time. As he leaves the cloud I created, a fine mist lingers at his feat. A close my eyes and sense his trail, allowing his own erratic motion to be his down fall. There is no escaping my eyes, hotman.

Using the Lake Sense function, the waterbender senses any movement within the mist, then manipulates the mist to follow the motion of form's target. This takes continuous focus, though, and the bender can't do much of anything else.
Drillspike
Ice Shards (ranged) = Base DC 10
....The Dai Li agents have been hunting me all day, and there have been far too many close calls. This one's got his back turned to me, but it's only a matter of time before he senses my presence. I need to take him out. Now.
....This is my last waterskin; better make it count. I draw the water out as quietly as I can from behind a corner and form it into the sharpest point I can muster, allowing it to solidify into a sliver nearly a foot long. I start rotating the shard like a drill, building its accuracy and penetration power. I only have one shot at this. I look around the corner; the agent's still there, looking far more clueless than any Dai Li has a right to be. The shard is humming now with the spin I've been giving it.
....I let fly with my singular weapon, launching the miniature powerhouse at my opponent. The shard pierces the poor fool's back on the left side and goes clean through, bathing the stone floor in red. As the agent falls, I realize that he's been gagged, that his stone gloves served to shackle his hands, and that the earth around his feet was not a solidifying stance, but rather prevented his escape. My eyes widen. A shadow at my feet warns me of an agent behind me, and I realize that my fate is sealed.

Normal 1d6 damage for the spike, +1 to attack and damage for every 2 points by which the Bending check exceeds the DC.
Here's some I thought was a pretty cool form for an airbender that wants to be hard-core.

High Impact
Air Blast + Run as the Wind = DC 19
....Now Yan went did it, beating up on that little airbender kid. Poor little guy, I bet he feels terrible. Look at him, he's crying! When we get home, I'm gonna have to set Yan straight. Whoa, wait. That airbender kid's looking kinda mad now.
...."Yan, are you sure you know what you're doing?"
....He didn't have time to answer me before the airbender boy let out the feral cry of an enraged child, and the next thing I knew, a tan blur roared past me, a violent wind whipping in its wake, and rammed into Yan, knocking him breathless and hoving him at least a hundred yards, where he crashed brusquely into a stone wall that cracked under the impact. The little airbender kid stood panting over Yan's collapsed form, crying from rage and sorrow at what he had just done.

The airbender takes a charge action or simply runs full-tilt into his opponent, with a swirling ball of wind in his outstretched hand. On a failed Reflex save, this technique carries the opponent to the end of the movement, and then to Air Blast distance beyond it. Deadly move.For high-level fun, replace Air Blast with Air Scythe or add Air Thrust into the equation.

And finally, I present the end of an Avatar mystery.

Combustion
Fire Blast + Fire Burst + Explosion = DC 44
I might turn a small portion of Combustion Man's first ambush scene into prose to serve as fluff here; but this will have to suffice for now.

Progression: Phase 1 (http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/305/615.jpg), Phase 2 (http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/305/616.jpg) Phase 3 (http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/305/618.jpg), Phase 4 (http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/305/621.jpg), Phase 5 (http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/305/624.jpg)

Basically as the Fire Ball spell, and I suspect that Combustion Man has gotten all three possible Seed Masteries, along with Form Mastery, from how much he depends on this form.

Pirate_King
2008-02-22, 07:15 PM
awesome, some crunch for combustion man. But why does it come out of his head?

Sokka: You sent combustion man after us?
Zuko: Well, that's not actually his name, but...

Uthug
2008-02-22, 08:47 PM
Isn't high impact a bit Naruto like?

Eighth_Seraph
2008-02-22, 10:27 PM
It probably is. I'm sure that the concept has been used in every anime with insanely, impossibly powerful characters. In this case, the idea came from Dragonball Z.

Embarrassing confessions aside, I'd like to make a set of forms to explore the possibility of "one-trick pony" benders. The idea is to make extremely powerful forms with very difficult DCs using several seeds, then gimp the DCs heavily through liberal application of feats, keeping in mind that at level 18 a pure bender will only have eight feats. The Combustion form I posted earlier is a prime target for this. I'll start with a classic.

Guardian of the Great Tree
Plantbending + Golem + Armor = DC 52
Focused Bending (Plantbending) + Focused Bending (Golem) + Focused Bending (Armor) + Form Mastery + Specialized Bending (Plantbending) + Specialized Bending (Golem) = new Base DC 27

Base DC for Gargantuan Golem: 42, achievable by taking 10 during the day without overbending at level 16 with a Wisdom of 22, which basically means that all seven feats up to this point have gone into making this form, and that the character started with 18 Wisdom and invested in nothing else during his training, or else has gone up an age category or two.

In addition, the application of the Form Mastery feat (ad hoc alert!) allows Hugh to repair damage equal to his Water Blast damage to his golem armor as a move action.

Pirate_King
2008-02-28, 05:38 PM
The repair makes sense, too, because it was nearly impossible for aang and katara to take him apart.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-03-07, 06:50 PM
Alright, here are some forms for true masters. This is a series for the ultimate defense of one's home in the face of overwhelming invasion.

Blue Dragon Claw
Lightning + Special = Base DC 45
....The sound of a thousand tramping feet booms through the rocky hills of the last remnants of what was once stood tall and proud as the Fire Nation, but now was nothing but fodder for Chin's armies. This stronghold for firebenders had held out for weeks, but now it was time that the entirety of the world turn itself over to the might of Chin the Great.
....These thousand soldiers traveled slowly to the peak of a small mountain where a previous attack had been repelled by the powerful firebenders that train there. Now they were ready.
....As the stone temple came into view, Chin's army prepares their front line of tower shields to defend against the inevitable onslaught of flames that would be the temple's response. Finally, red robes became visible as the soldiers peered upwards through the mist and haphazard rubble of the upper mountains. That vision didn't last long, though. A blast of flames erupts, shredding a hole in the front line, which is immediately replaced by the line behind. And so it continues, ten men abreast making steady progress as flames hail from above. Eventually, the army begins closing in, and the two dozen firebenders that have staved off a hundred men a few months ago realize that their doom is imminent.
....As the remaining half of Chin's troops prepare to break into vengeful charge, a single wizened old man stands at the door to the temple solemnly. Suddenly, he pulls his hands out of the sleeves of his firebender robes, sparks of electricity crackling from his fingertips, and begins making a series of complex gestures, always a trail of cold fire following his hands. The firebending students nod at each other grimly and take a step towards the temple while lifting their hands towards Chin's horde. A wall of fire springs forth from the ground and intensifies into a curtain of blue flames. The aged master's hands suddenly stop their motion, clasping together before his breast. Yin is held in the man's left, Yang in his right, and bolts of raw energy bridge the gap between them, running up the man's arms as he struggles to control the two primal energies of life itself.
....The army is getting close, far too close. Still, the firebending master struggles to control the growing force building between his hands. Sweat drips down his forehead, past his bushy white eyebrows and drip down to the ground like drops of blood. The two forces within his hands continue to build, and arcs of white lightning course up the man's arms, and he cries out hoarsely from the searing pain.
....His students know their roles well, and the debris surrounding the temple have forced the invaders into a bottleneck, their formations now with only four men abreast, but their running feat are are only seconds away.
...."Master Sheng! There's no more time!"
....Immediately, The lightning crackling around the master's arms bursts, white-hot, into ball of primal force. Drawing his right hand back, the old man lunges forward releasing in a single bolt the pain and intensity and power of fire and lightning withing him. A deafening explosion of violent thunder freezes everyone in place as the lightning bolt leaves the master's hand and is lost as it sears an instant swath of death through the tight ranks of the enemy horde. The smell of burning flesh and melted steel fill the air. Uncounted dozens of soldiers lay dead on the mountain slopes, killed instantly by the ancient might of the Blue Dragon Claw, last resort of the firebenders of the western mountains.

....As the dust clears, it is clear that neither side wishes to continue this battle. The Earth Kingdom detachment is decimated, its general lying among the charred corpses of war. The firebenders have their own grievance. Their master falls upon his knees, his life force expended by the strain of holding apart the forces that control life itself. He coughs, and blood escapes his lips. Then he falls upon his face, and all present understand that there is too much to mourn for to fight any longer.
It goes like this. You start the Lightning form as usual, with the full round of preparation movements to separate Yin and Yang, or something like that. However, instead of discharging the lightning the next round, you hold the charge and make another Firebending check, this time equal to the Base DC + 5, or DC 50. Because there's no way to completely prevent the two forces to meet at some point (like two magnets), sparks come out, dealing 1d6 electricity damage to you. The second round, you can release the lightning as a free action, or hold the charge as a full-round action and increase the DC by 5 again, this time taking 2d6 electricity damage as the power builds, and so on for as many turns as you wish. Each turn you hold the charge adds 4d6 damage to the lightning bolt, but keep in mind that it's still a single-target form.

After holding the charge for four turns and taking a total of 10d6 electricity damage (not including the tons of Con damage from overbending) and making DC 45, 50, 55, 60, and 65 Firebending checks , respectively, the lightning bolt becomes 5-foot line out to twice your bending range. Reflex save for half damage. Not that you'll survive even that, but still. If you're just plain crazy or in the Avatar State, then you may want to hold the charge for eight rounds with a final Firebending DC of 85. With that, the form becomes a 15-foot line, assuming you survive the self-inflicted damage long enough to discharge.

I've got a Waterbending and Earthbending "ultimate war form", too; but the fluff takes a while to write up. I'll get started on those. Be ready for Yué's Wrath and Gaya's Mantle.

Pirate_King
2008-03-07, 10:33 PM
A cliff hanger? Gasp! Suspense!

Copacetic
2008-03-08, 10:33 AM
Alright, here's one for a Agni Kai of epic proportions.

Coiling Dragon
Redirect Lightning/Fire whip= DC 49

Kaylie stood her ground, but she was weak. Her opponent and been relentless, but so had she. Most of the young man's hair is gone, and their are burns all over his body. Kaylie, on the other hand, had a large burn on her leg, and had trouble moving. Facing each other for what they both knew would be the last time, the Man began moving. Slowly at first, but gathering speed as he began seperatng the two energies, Yin and Yang. Suddenly, he stopped and lightning lashed out at her, but Kaylie was prepared. She extendend her arm and her first two fingers and took the full brunt of the blow. She felt the pure energy travel through her body, and she channeled it through her stomach and into her other hand. But rather then disperse it, Kaylie whipped her hand around, a coil of Cold Fire crackling abover her head as she struck out at the man's leg, striking him as he fell backwards from the whipping motion of the strike. He did not get up. Straignting her self, Kaylie smiled. Her master had not lied, that reall did work well.

This one is more for tripping your opponents rather than ouright destroying him.

And finally, a evassive Firebending technique, huzzah!

Flaming Bird
Burning Rush/Explosion=DC of 34 Kaylie was out-numbured and running from the city guard. They were catching up, and her only hope was to get to the docks. Unfortunatly, they had already positined guards there and her ready to intercept her. Standing five men abrest, they lowered their polearms and charged. Kaylie's feet erupted in flame as she followed suit, charging them in a burning rush. In a deadly game a chicken, the to opposing forces were about to collide when Kaylie suddenly shot upwards in a burst of flame. All the guards could do was watch as she soared gracufully overhead. They did not, however, follow the fire she created. Even if they realized, their ostrich-horses couldn't turn around fast enough to avoid the on-coming flames that engulfed them all as Kaylie landed on feet gracefully and sprinted away.

This one is a personal favorite.

Pirate_King
2008-03-18, 02:06 PM
And finally, a evassive Firebending technique, huzzah!

Flaming Bird
Burning Rush/Explosion=DC of 34 Kaylie was out-numbured and running from the city guard. They were catching up, and her only hope was to get to the docks. Unfortunatly, they had already positined guards there and her ready to intercept her. Standing five men abrest, they lowered their polearms and charged. Kaylie's feet erupted in flame as she followed suit, charging them in a burning rush. In a deadly game a chicken, the to opposing forces were about to collide when Kaylie suddenly shot upwards in a burst of flame. All the guards could do was watch as she soared gracufully overhead. They did not, however, follow the fire she created. Even if they realized, their ostrich-horses couldn't turn around fast enough to avoid the on-coming flames that engulfed them all as Kaylie landed on feet gracefully and sprinted away.

This one is a personal favorite.

Theoretically, you could add fire-burst to this so it actually did damage, rather than just bull-rushed everyone out of the way.

Pirate_King
2008-04-20, 08:00 PM
Din's Fire
Explosion + Play with Fire = DC 15(5ft range) + 2(+5ft)

Most of them usually rapidly blasted away at you, but not her. She was patient, holding her flame like a pet, watching you move. Then, she'd let it go, but it wouldn't move like a normal blast. She'd direct it, and it would follow you. It wasn't terribly fast, but it didn't have to be. Once she had it where she wanted, she'd close her fist and it would explode, knocking back anyone close to it.

going for Zelda's --->B attack, here. reflex for half damage and avoid bull rush
if anyone has a better way to make that work, that'd be awesome.

Onibi
2008-04-22, 10:39 AM
Well, seeing as how I've seen the basic blasts combined with something else to make a new form, I was wondering if it could be combined with itself to throw more than one blast at a time.

The main reason I ask this is because of the Earthbender in The Blind Bandit (the host, Xin Fu I think?) launched about 8 rocks at Toph (which she deflected with what looked like an Earth Wall).

Is this possible to do with the mechanics of these rules? Even with Rapid Shot and Firebending Study, an Earthbender could only get 5 blasts off, right?

Also, after looking at Fossilize (Dust + Immobilize), both Dust and Immobilize have a DC increase for a larger area/capture target. If you, say, wanted to capture a huge creature, would you need to add another +15 to the DC (+5 for 15 ft area of dust, and +10 for a huge creature)? Or is there a better way to do this?

Ceiling009
2008-04-22, 12:06 PM
That's... a good question. I'm pretty sure it's a big no; but it's quite possible. The problem is that it leads to abuse. Imagine a level 2 bender with 18 wis, and max ranks in bending; skill focus and umm... bending focus (blast), and synergy bonus... meaning something like 18 to a blast check, without rolling and taking a 10 means that's a 28 already. I think if you stack 3 blasts; its a 25 DC. Also, I think this question needs to be moved to the bending thread.

Onibi
2008-04-22, 06:13 PM
That's true. It could lead to abuse, but I can't think of any other way Xin Fu would have been able to throw that many other rocks. You're right, though; I'll pose the question in the discussion thread.

Edit: Aha, I see you asked for me so I won't ask about the blasts.

Swot
2008-08-03, 09:27 PM
ok let me try this...

Sliver Mist
Mist+Ice Shards=Water bending DC Varies, Minimum 20
Fluff: The Fire Nation was close to clearing out all resistance in this area, General Ho was especially anxious to get this over with. The high mountains and odd placed hot springs had given their adversaries (A few water benders who managed to flee here, thinking to hide in the mountains) a large advantage. Nevertheless, by sheer numbers they had managed to trap their base in a dead end canyon. Early in the morning they would strike and this whole headache could be over with. When the morning came there was a slight mist in the air, but nothing would stop them now. Near the end of the canyon there was a choke point and by now the mist was thickening, fearing nothing the soldiers advanced. By the time the first outcries came it was too late. Ho realized that in the mist, too small to see in the limited visibility, were hidden small ice spikes. Movement in any direction was impossible without getting cut, and soldiers were dying in all directions. Either struck by unseen assailants or fleeing and getting themselves impaled.
(I'm sorry this is so long)

Shorter, and more direct version:
The water bender creates a mist/fog as with the mist seed, then the water bender can create very small ice spikes inside of the mist, this hinders movement and depending how many spikes there are any movement could cause small damage. Say 1hp per spike hit with the number being a dice roll from 1 to the number of spikes. Also all bending inside the mist will take a concentration check for being cut while performing the form. Each turn the water bender can cho0se to increase the spikes by 10 and add 2 to the DC for keeping the mist, or they could choose to have certain amounts of spikes focus on certain opponents/reposition the spikes with a DC 5 manipulation added to the current DC of the mist, They could choose to have the shards immobilize an 0pponent for +30 DC as in the ice shards seed, or they could choose to spend a full round action retaining the mist which keeps the DC unchanged, and finally choose to spend just a standard action to keep the mist which then causes the DC to increase by 10 each round as with any other action other than the full round to maintain.

If this is completely overpowered please complain, loudly.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-08-03, 09:41 PM
Hrm. Sliver Mist seems pretty cool. However, you lost me with the mechanical description. How does one decide how many spikes are in the mist? Also, are their spikes in specific squares, or are they evenly distributed throughout the mist? What do you mean by "increase the spikes by 10? Also, the wording for maintaining the form is difficult to understand.

However, the fluff and the idea of what you're trying to do is very good. As far as I'm concerned, good fluff and creative ideas is what this project is all about. Could you clear up the mechanical portions so we could use this thing, though?

Swot
2008-08-03, 10:08 PM
Actually I was just talking with a friend and he had a good idea.

make it like the ground spikes application of shards, but you can move it around as a move action. If you're in the cloud/move into the cloud, you get hit by 1d4 for 1d4 each.

The only thing missing there was what I thought was that you should be able to take more on the dc to either imobalize or maintain the number of spikes.

Edit:plus I intended it more for a lasting condition, like the weather, instead of a 2 round thing.

Swot
2008-08-04, 09:47 AM
Ok I think I've got it sorted out for Sliver mist, and in a nice easy to understand list too.

Size: 10 ft radius and +5 ft per +5 to DC.

Appearance: It looks just like normal mist since the slivers hide themselves in the mist. Also people in the mist don't notice the spikes untill hurt by them.

Placement and Number of Slivers: The basic sliver mist has 2 spikes in each 5ft by 5ft square. A bender can add +5 to the DC to mix in manipulate water seed right off the bat to rearrange the spikes at the same time the mist forms, otherwise they can rearrange them during a later turn. A bender can increase the number of spikes by either +5 DC for 2 more slivers per square. Or the bender can add slivers later by either a 15 DC for manipulate water and ice shards from a water source near the mist, or a 15 DC for a water blast and ice shards into the mist.

Damage: Now the thing here is that no mater how many slivers are in a square, they will only do 1d4 cold + 1d4 piercing for anyone in that square or passing through it. If you run into/out of the mist and do not know about the slivers you take double damage since you are going twice as fast.

Bending in the mist: Now this is where the number of the slivers actually make a difference. When you bend you have to be able to make the correct movements, which means that if you are being cut while moving you may not be able to bend as well. So anyone in the mist will have a -1 per sliver to their bending check. Or will have to make a concentration check equal to the number of slivers x2. Whichever one is LOWER.

Maintaining and moving the mist: It takes a move action to maintain the mist, and a DC 5xnumber of squares of mist manipulate water check to move the entire mist 5ft.

I hope this is easier to understand since it is in a list.
I have this be a bit more complicated than it may need to be so that Waterbenders can be creative and use it in many different situations.

Edit: I reposted this in the forms compendium 2, since this one is suposedly inactive.....