PDA

View Full Version : Zombies and Mutants! (d20 request!)

Glyphic
2007-11-23, 05:12 AM
Hiya there, prolific homebrewers. I'm in abit of a creative bind and could use all the shovels I need.

I'm going to be running a Zombie campaign over winter break, using the D20 modern rules. Players are making all kinds of requests, and it's going to be a silly, fun time of blasting what-should-be-corpses and trying to escape the city. Zombies, Special OP's, A helicopter chase, flame throwers, the works. But one of my players made a special little request...

Mutants.

Things the creep and slime and have all sorts of nasty properties. So, I'm looking for help from all of you.. can you make me a few mutants? I'm looking for low- hit dice/CR mutants that will keep players on their toes, larger ones that deal acid damage, and still stronger mutants that will have everyone in a panic (Hopefully with a fear affect!). A few additional Zombie ideas would be awesome as well- one player actually went and requested zombies with intelligence scores, so master mind zombies would be made of win. (and yes, the players can become zombies as well :smallamused: )

The Players in question are all ECL 6. So far, we have a dedicated hero/field medic, a charismatic hero/ personality, A tough hero/daredevil, and a strong hero/tough hero. One player has yet to make a character.

The zombies in the campaign will be a mix of the zombie archetypes. I'm not too picky, and am fond of messing with my players heads. There will be plenty of the slow, shambling zombies, a handful of the Super-fast hungry ones, and as noted, intelligent ones. So don't feel resticted when designing them!

Thanks in advance!

Charlie Kemek
2007-11-23, 12:14 PM
hi, im so sorry, I am not familiar w/ d20 modern rules, but I know of some mutants in the dms guide II, if i can find where I put it, ill look:smallfrown:

StickMan
2007-11-23, 01:21 PM
D20 future and D20 Apoclolips have mutation rules and once I pull my advance of thoughts rules you'll have even more. Mind you my class is for dnd but seeing as how they systems are compatible (more or less) it might help.

Transmutant Base Class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62409)

Transmutants Expanded (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53976)

The first is for use as a base class the second is used as Advanced classes and prestige classes. The second may fit D20 modern the best if the Mutants are smart. Also the second has a template that can be added to anything.