PDA

View Full Version : The Drunken Master

ReluctantReaper
2007-11-24, 11:37 AM
So I recently saw the Drunken Master in a guy's the Blade and the fist book, and I have to say I was intrigued... Yet I don't really know if they are that good, and I was just wondering if anyone has played one before...They seem interesting, and fun to use, but also I don't know because of the always drunk thing. So if anyone can enlighten me thanks...

PlatinumJester
2007-11-24, 11:43 AM
Flavour wise they are great. Ability wise they aren't.
Still a monk 10/drunken master 10 is better than monk 20.

hyperfreak497
2007-11-24, 11:44 AM
I've only played a couple Drunken Masters in non-optimized games. It was loads of fun to play ("Wait, before we start shishkabobing those orcs, hand me that bottle of vodka..."), but, depending on your format of choice, you might need to get Complete Warrior. If you get the chance, raise your Master up to tenth level. Bar fight=breathing alcoholic flame all over everyone.

Alex12
2007-11-24, 12:03 PM
If you're heavy into RP-ing, it's an awesome PrC. I mean, one of the requrements is that you go out carousing and getting drunk without getting arrested, killed, or do anything too humiliating. Plus, "That guy just stabbed me! Gimme a beer, quick!"

Quietus
2007-11-24, 12:03 PM
Complete Warrior has an updated version of this class, and personally, I like it much better - their improvised weapons ability is very nice, even if you don't abuse the thought of using a 50-foot rope as a 50-foot whip.

ReluctantReaper
2007-11-24, 01:22 PM
ha sweet ya i saw all that, i really wish to try that out, but dont know when i have the chance.

ReluctantReaper
2007-11-24, 01:30 PM
Is there a link to those books? I want to see the updated version.

BRC
2007-11-24, 07:42 PM
One of our BBEG's was killed mostly by a drunken master/samuri half-dragon (only one level in samuri) wielding a bag of containing several thousand gold coins we had just recieved as a reward.
Fun times.

reorith
2007-11-25, 12:47 AM
i'm away from my books. are there rules for getting drunk in dnd? i found something in a third party book.

SoD
2007-11-25, 02:08 AM
I vaugely remember somewhere reading about it...something about having a fortitude save for each standard drink. A failed save means 1 temporary damage to int and wis. Each drink has its own DC (I think they rise after more drinks), but it did say that it assumes you're not trying to get drunk. I think...maybe...arms and equipment guide?

Exeson
2007-11-25, 02:29 AM
The Drunken Master in complete warrior doesn't require you to get drunk, just to drink a drink.

Talic
2007-11-25, 02:34 AM
i'm away from my books. are there rules for getting drunk in dnd? i found something in a third party book.

The Drunken Master has his own rules in the class listing.

SoD
2007-11-25, 03:24 AM

He didn't actually specify getting drunk as a drunken master. Where would the rules for ordinary people be? :smalltongue: