PDA

View Full Version : Auromar, IC 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

GimliFett
2008-02-11, 04:11 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder looks at Reid and Dothen with a puzzled expression on his face. "Hm?" he asks absently, before what his friends' said catches up to him. The puzzled look quickly switches to embarrasment and concern. "I know it's bad, but if it helps out in the long run, I'll consider it a blessin'. I don't think I have to activate it if there is somethin' within range," Grazys adds with a shrug.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-11, 04:14 PM
Hist

after a while, Hist returns.

Alls fine. Though anyone searching the place will find it rather quickly, thanks to the wall still being torn off. Still, we can't help that. Let's go.

Toliudar
2008-02-11, 06:15 PM
Reid

Reid nods, and trudges off after the others, feeling very clunky among the nimble threesome. He calls after Hist.

You're right. We should check in on that other structure - maybe the circle as well.

You know, if we're worried about someone stumbling on the book, we could use the lyre to close over the wall. We'd remember where it was, but anyone else would have to notice it first, and then break in.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-12, 09:12 AM
Hist

Heh. Why bother? It's not urgent; anyone who found this place would likely do the same as we did, and check the wall. Besides, I'm pretty sure no one will find this place without information. It's well off the road into the interior that the hordes of explorers are most likely to use.

Nope; I'd say we're done. Let's move on.

Greyen
2008-02-12, 12:44 PM
Dothen

Let's move on. Try to make it to the crossroads as soon as we can. Dothen says from somewhere in the trees.

Lochar
2008-02-12, 01:23 PM
The four of you are able to portal briefly to Yggdrasil and then to the dryad grove where you can collect your horses from the dryads. And a kiss for Reid from Sarai.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-12, 01:27 PM
Hist

Well then. Let's go onward. if we can make good time, we'll be at the crossroads before we know it.

Greyen
2008-02-12, 02:00 PM
Dothen

We should walk the horses for another day or two. Maybe even leave then here with these ladies while we walk on. We can portal back at night to rest in comfort and then carry on from our furthest point.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-12, 02:07 PM
Hist

Makes sense. Thanks Dothen. But first, let's portal back to Yggdrasil . That should be closer to the other side of the forest than here.

Lochar
2008-02-12, 03:27 PM
Yggdrasil is in the center of the forest, whereas the dryad grove is closer to the Eras side of the forest.

Opening the portal through to Yggdrasil, you all appear at the great tree. Freeman is here, quietly sitting against the tree, looking up at the sun. He raises a large branch arm to wave at you all.

You need to go West from here to get out of the forest on the opposite side of Eras.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-12, 03:42 PM
Hist

Well; let's be on. Eras was that way, so...

He points, melodramatically, smiling

Onward! To whatever awaits.

Then, with a wink, he starts trudging along the westward path, leading his horse gently.

Toliudar
2008-02-12, 07:05 PM
Reid

Still tingling from the kiss, Reid trudges off after the others.

Lochar
2008-02-12, 07:48 PM
You walk through the forest, or trudge in Reid's case, for the whole day, allowing the horses to stay at the dryad's grove. At the end of the day, Reid will open a portal back through first to Yggdrasil and then to the dryad grove.

On the third day, the horses are finally rested and frisky enough to be ridden, and you are able to take them through the portals after covering their eyes. Riding them, you are able to make much better time.

By the late afternoon of the sixth day, the four of you finally break out of the forest, and find yourselves at the edge of a vast open plain. The grasses, bushes, and other such vegetation on this side of the forest actually seems to be more alive, most likely from the influence of Krista's healing magic that has begun rejuvenating the forest.

There are some green grasses near the edge of the forest, but do eventually give way again to deadness, but even there you can still see the occasional new growth attempting to take root.

Greyen
2008-02-12, 10:42 PM
Dothen

Dothen makes sure to touch a few trees at the edges of the forest before moving on. Dang its sure been nice being able to jump back and forth these past few days. I wish we had a portable little Yggdrasil tree. You know like them topi-quarium thingums they got in the posh gardens. Dothen struggles a little with the fancy words but grins his way through it.

Taking out a small hand mirror he checks his disguise and the looks to the others Let's go, its time to push these horses a little again. He kicks his horse out into a canter trying to make some time.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-13, 04:59 AM
Hist

Agreed. I'm still a little worried about the fact that some people have apparently been here ahead of us. Granted, they were probably explorers, but even so...

With that, Hist begins to push his horse a little more.

Lochar
2008-02-13, 10:32 AM
The four of you push your horses into a canter, letting them stretch their legs as you ride for several more hours through the plain. Once you get a few miles from the forest, signs of new growth stop. You ride slightly north of true west, and about an hour before nightfall, find the remanents of a road. It does look like it has been ridden recently though, with a few horse tracks beaten into the softer dirt that is around stone trail markers.

GimliFett
2008-02-13, 10:46 AM
Grazys Senneker
{previously...}
The binder follows the others, but seems to be deep in thought, occasionally lagging behind before catching up once more.

Tomorrow, I question the murderer again. Successfully, this time. He will answer. And then next week he will do so again. Until I tire of it and find some way to punish his spirit rather than simply question tha body. he thinks before speeding his horse up to the others yet again.

Greyen
2008-02-13, 01:32 PM
Dothen

..back in the current time frame...

Lets press on for another few miles, and then off the beaten track for a bit. I'd rather not have a night time visitor again if we can help it. Dothen leads the way and after a few miles turns south off the road and tries to find a hidden or at least less visible spot to camp.

GimliFett
2008-02-13, 01:39 PM
Grazys Senneker

When Dothen breaks the silence, Grazys seems to come out of his reverie with a start. "Wha-" he mutters, then seeing the others continue, he follows suit as well. Having not heard what Dothen had said, Grazys is content to let silence reign and follow.

"Time ta camp already?" he asks once Dothen leads them to a suitable spot.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-13, 01:52 PM
Hist

We've got another worry. Someone else has definetly beeten us to the punch here.

He indecates the horseprints

I think we ought to press on a little bit. I mean, from the sound of it, we've got as much to worry about from behind us as ahead of us; and we've all but certainly outdistanced any pursuit, and anyone ahead of us will probably be too occupied to think of scouting behind them. Still; it never did hurt to take precautions. Indeed, they might prove vital. However, as I say, it'd probably be best if we didn't stray too far from the road.

Greyen
2008-02-13, 02:07 PM
Dothen

I'm not worried about racing nobody right now. We don't know if anyone else is racing us fer the prize, if you can call it that. Right now I want to rest the horses and feed and water them so we can get back on the road in the morning and try to make some good distance tomorrow. I'd like to find the crossroads settlement, if there is one. From there we can start racing shadows. Dothen looks a little bothered as he snappishly says this.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-13, 02:12 PM
Hist

Point taken. But don't move us too far off the road; that's all I ask. If we're racing shadows, there's no harm in not venturing too far from the beaten track.

GimliFett
2008-02-13, 02:24 PM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys dismounts and takes the saddle from his horse. "C'mon, mates! Let's get comfortable while we can. I don't think it'll matter much how far off tha road we are, unless we get one o' Anura's rope spells, hm?"

The binder drops his haversack next to the saddle and lounges against the latter, crossing his ankles and lacing his fingers together behind his head.

Greyen
2008-02-13, 02:26 PM
Dothen

Listen, Im not so sure I'm liking sticking my neck out this far for "saving the world" and all that crap. I mean I like you guys and this world is where I keep all of my stuff, but I'm pretty sure I can buy my way off of this one at this point. Dunno where to but its really tempting to just not be here any more.

I really like ya'll and I want to help but I got a gut feeling this is not going to go well. This ol' set of guts hasn't been wrong in a while. I think we need to have more help on our side than just us four and Anura way back in Eras.

Now just let me be bitchy and moody for abit,

its my turn anyway.

GimliFett
2008-02-13, 02:29 PM
Grazys Senneker

Chuckling, the binder nods to Dothen and reclines further back onto his saddle. "Aaaah," he sighs contentedly.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-13, 02:38 PM
Hist

Heh. Fair point; though I'll be interested when you find out just who you can pay off to survive this one.

Hist thinks for a minuet

Tell you what. The next traveler who we find that doesn't look likely to immediately stab us in the back, we'll ask to help out. Anyone who signed up as explorer is likely to be useful when it comes to facing down a fiend. Granted, it's not the best way to find trustworthy help, but it's quick, and we are going to need some more manpower if we're going to do this.

Reid? I'm not that well up on the magic of the divine, but I believe that you can check into men's hearts, as Freeman could? If we can find someone, with at least a mostly pure hart, that seems powerful, well...

Any thoughts?

GimliFett
2008-02-13, 02:41 PM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys snickers at Hist's query of the Pelorite, but alters it to a snore when anyone looks over at him, feigning sleep.

Greyen
2008-02-13, 03:09 PM
Dothen

Ach, here's the rub. Unless we do something like what Freeman could do, we may just be advertising out deaths. Kind of like that looney cell of St. Cuthbert's 'Knock Knock Hi, we're with the Church of Risen Strength! Would you like a pamphlet? Have you heard the holy word of - slam!' On a nice sleeping-in morning too. Except with us it'll be 'Knock Knock' Hi we're trying to find all of the One's old sources of power. Oh, really HeeEy! Are those my entrails suddenly being spilled on the floor?'

There are too many freeloading, money grubbing arseheaded grubs around this place, trust me before ya'll came along I was one of them. And another just whacked our mechanical friend into being a leaf bearing species.

Not that there's anything wrong with that Reid.

If we are going to find help I think we need to be much more selective.

And I heard that snort there Grazys. Which by the way if those magic tattoos of yours suddenly begin taking over your soul, Ima hafta kill you. I love ya like a brother but that crap gives me the willies.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-13, 03:17 PM
Hist

Hist laughed at his friend's jokes.

Heh. Alright. Any ideas though , as to how we could gain additional support on this one? Personally, beyond what I've just said, I'm stumped. I can't think of any absolutly certian way of ensuring any backup would be reliable. That old "Seeing into men's heart's" thing. But I've never been the best informed.

Toliudar
2008-02-13, 04:07 PM
Reid

Reid would also have touched a bunch of trees at the far western end of the forest. But not in a sexual way.

Still clearly perturbed by Dothen's willingness to abandon their quest...their world...Reid has remained silent through much of the conversation. Finally, he chips in.

There are many ways to see into men's hearts, and some of them are even reliable. While I lack Freeman's instictive understanding of the process, I can also take care of some of this as needed.

I would of course welcome more help. I believe that I was recommending a more general call for assistance back in Eras. But we do have more than the five of us. There's Krista, and within the forest, I'm sure that Freeman and Siriphae would be happy to help. Granted, they're less able to help out here...

He seems to be about to add more, when his eyes glaze over and his spine stiffens for a moment. He snaps back after a few seconds, and quickly recites a brief message:

Elder contacted. Elf was sent to Auromar for Kariost the Black Flame, Camerion member that still lives. Advised, take extreme caution if you find him.

That was from Father Haugen. Seems that we do still have some of The One's forces active on this continent. On the side to the good, this Kariost will certainly be working at cross purposes with Gr- with Grazys' new friend. So, perhaps there's some possibility for a kind of truce as we deal with a common enemy.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-13, 04:43 PM
Hist

The warlock looks extremely interested at Reid's news.

So; that's one ally at least. Although we seem to have started by scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to purity of heart, let alone trustworthiness.

Hist sits down, as he continues, looking a bit weary now.

I've heard of him as it happens. A very high ranking arcanist in the One's regime; and a military type as well. He supposedly got his rank from the battlefield, or some such. It is interesting that he survived the war.

Not to mention the fact that the bastard was the one who oversaw the burning of Vaelith. Not the nicest guy. In fact, if you drafted a list of "Unpleasant people who should be avoided", he'd probably be near the top.

Greyen
2008-02-13, 11:31 PM
Dothen

So right up there with my mother, eh? Ach, well go to sleep you two, I'm tired and intend to wake one of ya'll up in an hour or two for my rest. Dothen says as he fades into the bushes.

Lochar
2008-02-14, 08:45 AM
The night passes quietly without interruption, and in the morning you are all able to keep moving.

Toliudar
2008-02-14, 10:16 AM
Reid

Glancing back at the forest in the distance behind them, Reid felt a pang he could not put words to. Focus on your prayers, boy.

Thinking about Hist's talk about meeting other travellers, Reid prays to Pelor for guidance. And only occasionally sneaks glances back to the forest. Or rubs the wooden ring with his finger.

After breakfast, Reid helps break camp again, and prepares for what he sincerely hoped would be another uneventful day of travel.

Say, Grazys. I don't suppose that this, ah, connection of yours also makes you sensitive to the points of power that G- that the fiend is seeking?

Greyen
2008-02-14, 10:30 AM
Dothen

Dothen will lead everyone back to the road and then onward following the road/path as best as possible. Keeping to a fast pace without trying to break the horses down too much.

GimliFett
2008-02-14, 10:35 AM
Grazys Senneker

The binder smiles at Reid. A gleaming sapphire shines back at the Pelorite from its place in thie front of Grazys' mouth. "I should know when we're within a few miles of one of Pygas' places, which is what the Other seeks."

Moral Wiz
2008-02-14, 10:38 AM
Hist

Well, let's go. Who knows, if no one else does show up, we should reach the crossroad settlement soon.

Hist mounts hios horse, and follows Dothen.

Lochar
2008-02-14, 11:05 AM
After Reid's morning prayer, you all mount up and ride, keeping the horses to a canter and not pushing them as you did getting into the forest. The day is only marred by a clouds on the horizon, coming from the west towards you. They look like rain clouds, and probably will be overhead this night as you get closer to them.

The sun sets and night falls, and the clouds roll in. Luckily though, it is only a light rain tonight.

It's currently 6pm ish in game. I need to know schedules of whoever is taking watch, and for what times, including when those who do require 8 hours of rest are turning in.

Yes, you're going to get attacked. Deal with it. And no, no staying up all night because you know OOC you're going to be attacked. LOL

Moral Wiz
2008-02-14, 11:21 AM
Hist

Hist'll not eat dinner, bringing out his Ioun stone, to claims of a bad appetite. In stead, after an hour of siting around, with the others and his thoughts for company, he'll turn in at 7; and aim to rise at 3 to take a morning watch.

Greyen
2008-02-14, 01:27 PM
Dothen

Dothen keeps watch through the night, hidden as best he can in the area. He sleeps in the early morning when Hist and Grazys are awake and dawn is near.

Hide [roll0] - take 20 if possible.

Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]

Lochar
2008-02-14, 03:41 PM
OOC:
Moving ahead to Grazys questioning the head, as it doesn't effect anything else. Still waiting to find out when Toli is sleeping.

Grazys and Hist go to bed early, both wanting to be available for later watches. After a couple of hours, Grazys wakes up refreshed while Hist still slumbers.

Dusk was about six hours after noon, and it's now about three hours after dark.

Rummaging through his bag, Grazys pulls out the head of the rogue. Focusing on it, Grazys senses a moment of resistance before it falls. "Yessss?" the head asks.

GimliFett
2008-02-14, 03:54 PM
Grazys Senneker

With a wicked grin, the binder nods at his success and begins his interrogation. "Why did you and Hiran attack us?" he hisses quietly.

Lochar
2008-02-14, 03:56 PM
"The events you knew of the forest that you would not discuss."

GimliFett
2008-02-14, 04:10 PM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys purses his lips and furrows his brow in thought. That hardly seems a good reason to assault a group of people. Especially a larger group than your own, he thinks to himself.

To the head, he asks, "Why was Selene not with you?"

Lochar
2008-02-14, 04:15 PM
"She will not create the dead to pick over and did not agree with us."

GimliFett
2008-02-14, 04:25 PM
Grazys Senneker

Good for her!

After a moment of thought, Grazys asks another question. "Do you think Hiran will come after us again?"

Lochar
2008-02-14, 05:01 PM
"If he thinks you are worth the effort, yes."

2 questions left

GimliFett
2008-02-14, 05:31 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder grins wickedly at that thought. His loss, if we can catch him!

"Whom or what can he call upon to help him attack us?"

Lochar
2008-02-14, 05:36 PM
"Fiendish creatures, summoned by magic are his tools."

GimliFett
2008-02-14, 05:40 PM
Grazys Senneker

"Who are his allies?" Grazys asks insistently.

Lochar
2008-02-14, 05:49 PM
Speak with dead: Answers are usually brief, cryptic, or repetitive. A damaged corpse may be able to give partial answers or partially correct answers, but it must at least have a mouth in order to speak at all.

"Fiendish creatures, summoned by magic are his allies."

Questions asked and answered, the mouth closes and it is silent once more.

GimliFett
2008-02-14, 05:58 PM
Grazys Senneker

"Damn!" the binder curses. "Well, until next week, then. Bastard!" he mutters as he wraps the head up and returns it to his pack.

Toliudar
2008-02-14, 06:53 PM
Reid

Reid has watched Grazys' work from a short distance, remaining silent. He murmurs a few words of reassurance.

My friend, if you feel there is more to be learned, I will try again with him tomorrow. By your leave, of course.

Lochar
2008-02-14, 07:03 PM
All:
As the spell was actually successful, no Speak with Dead will work with the head now.

Toliudar
2008-02-15, 03:29 AM
I just reread the start of that conversation, finally noticing that Reid is asleep, anyway. Gah. Sorry. :smalltongue:

Lochar
2008-02-15, 03:48 PM
It's about one am in the morning when Dothen spots several creatures out on the plain, working their way towards you all. They don't seem to be trying to hide, but do stop occasionally and look at the ground. They're as big as horses, but look more like hounds.

Dothen:
They're about 120 feet out but haven't spotted your camp yet. They are coming straight towards you all, but slowly as they're sniffing the ground.

Greyen
2008-02-15, 04:00 PM
Dothen

Dothen remains hidden but picks up a few pebbles and throws them at Hist and Grazys. Hard enough to wake them if they are asleep or are not looking in the right direction, but not enough to actually harm them. After that he draws a pair of throwing daggers and waits. He looks at their horses to see if they have noticed the creatures approach before returning his eyes to the hounds.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-15, 04:06 PM
Hist

Hist stirs, and reluctantly rises to his feet. With interest at this sudden silence, Hist takes a look around

[roll0] Spot

Lochar
2008-02-15, 04:08 PM
And leave Reid asleep? How interesting?

The huge hounds get closer, snuffling the ground. The horses seem to pick up their scent in the air, and whinny loudly.

All three hounds looks up and bay.

I need three separate Will saves from all of you, DC 14.
Fail the first, panicked for [roll0] rounds.
Fail the second, panicked for [roll1] rounds.
Fail the third, panicked for [roll2] rounds.

Multiple failures overlap, not stack. You are only panicked for the highest number of rounds.

Horse saves:
Reid's horse:[roll3]
Hist's horse: [roll4]
Dothen's horse: [roll5]
Grazys' horse: [roll6]
Freeman's old horse: [roll7]
Packhorse: [roll8]

At the baying, Hist's and Grazys' horses take off running. The other four manage to hold their ground, but look ready to run if the creatures they sense get near them.
For those who save, roll init please. You are awake, regardless of save or not.

Greyen
2008-02-15, 04:20 PM
Dothen

the baying grips Dothens mind and he bugs out. Running away from everything at top speed screaming like a little girl.

-Oh the humility that is coming

GimliFett
2008-02-15, 04:41 PM
Grazys Senneker

As the hounds let out their unearthly baying, it washes over the binder like a slight breeze, affecting him not a bit. Grazys watches as the aasimar flies off and the tiefling flees afoot. "Oh. This won't be good. You with me Reid?" he asks as he pulls his pack on and draws his darkwood shield from it, then draws his rapier. "Yeth hounds outta nowhere. Strange," he mutters. Did I piss someone off? he thinks even as he calls out to the Pelorite. "Need silver to really damage these things, I'm afraid."

Is this acceptable for my round's actions, Lochar?
Initiative: [roll0]

Moral Wiz
2008-02-15, 04:42 PM
Hist

The warlock's half conscious mind is easy prey for the howl of these new arrivals. He too makes a beeline away from the camp.

Toliudar
2008-02-15, 04:42 PM
Reid

The priest awakes with a start at the loud baying in the distance, and fights off a sudden rush of panic that washes over him. He murmurs a hasty prayer, seizes his mace and shield, and dashes to his feet. This was swiftly becoming a habit.

Swift action: DMM quickened Divine Power.
Move action - grab mace and shield.
Standard action - get up and out of tent, if he can.

Initiative: [roll0]

Glancing over at Grazys, he is startled to see Hist and Dothen running in the opposite direction from the hounds.

Silver, huh? Guess I'll just have to hit them extra hard.

Lochar
2008-02-15, 09:00 PM
One of the hounds breaks away from the other two, chasing the fleeing Dothen while rising into the air, while the two approach Reid and Grazys.

Dothen runs at 30', correct? Flying Yeth Hound moves at 60'. Next round, it's going to catch you.

░░░░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░D░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░t░░░░R░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░t░░░░G░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░
░░H░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

t=tent
H=Hist
D=Dothen
R=Reid
G=Grazys
HH
HH=Hound

Toliudar
2008-02-15, 09:43 PM
Reid

"You haven't used Remove Fear since that time when the fiend attacked back in Eras - no need for it now. You should have detect evil in reserve in case we meet up with a Blackguard." Pfeh.

Grazys, I don't know if I can do anything to help the others right now. I can try to draw the dogs' attention, though.

Shifting his mace to his left hand for a moment, Reid gestures rapidly, and a pair of enchantments descend on him. Abruptly he grows to twice his normal size, while a faint yellow aura seems briefly to expand out from the priest. He shifts his mace back to his right hand and takes a step forward, bellowing:

Come and taste the might of the Sun, yapping dogs!

Casting DMM-Quickened Magic Circle vs Evil and Righteous Might, then taking a 5' step forward. He now has 10' reach, so the first of the Yeth Hounds to try to attack him gets a faceful of mace first (he hopes).

Attack has 8 points of power attack
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Crit confirmation (on a 20)
[roll2] Damage

Current Stats: HP 105, AC 15 (with shield, dex, size penalty, deflection bonus from magic circle)

Lochar
2008-02-16, 10:16 AM
The hound jumps at Reid, only to bounce off the magic circle protecting him as the warding flares. The hound stands and growls.

The other hound does not jump at Grazys, as Grazys is within the 10' barrier created by Reid.

The third hound manages to catch up to the fleeing Dothen, taking a bite at him, trying to drag him down.

Attack: [roll0]
CC: [roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Trip: +3 racial, +4 size, +8 Str
Free trip attempt: [roll3]
Versus Dothen's dex or str check as he wishes.

The bite barely misses Dothen, and it's attempt at tripping him goes wasted.
Map:

░░░░░░░░░HH░░░
░░░░░░░░DHH░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░RR░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░t░░░░RR░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░t░░░░G░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Seperate piece of map for Dothen and his hound, Hist has run away from the map with nothing chasing him.

GimliFett
2008-02-16, 10:59 AM
Grazys Senneker

The binder grins at the hound in front of him. "Hey, doggie! How ya doin'?" he asks just before he lunges out and taps the creature with a indigo-limned hand. "Stay!"

Grazys glances at the priest out of the corner of his eye. "We'll just hafta get to 'em quick ta help out, Reid!"

Touch Attack (Paralyzing Touch, Fort DC 21): [roll0]; 5 round recharge.

Greyen
2008-02-16, 12:07 PM
Dothen

Dothen screams and tumbles away, resuming fleeing in another direction.

Assuming I can somewhat control my fleeing ways.

Assuming full defensive and applying dodge to the hound.

Tumble check [roll0]

AC: 23 +1 for dodge, +4 for total defense (+4 when for AoO's) = 28/32
He's gonna catch me anyways but I can try to not die immediately.

Toliudar
2008-02-16, 03:00 PM
Reid

Startled that the hound bounces off his magic circle, Reid's mind races.

I think these are summoned, Grazys. It could be the elf again! Stay close with me, I need to get something.

Reid drops his shield and shifts as far back as close to his pack as he can without taking Grazys out of his area of protection, and for good measure, brings another of his most potent prayers to bear.

Casting Invisibility Purge, moves back to pick up his haversack.

Lochar
2008-02-16, 03:21 PM
Round 2:

Dothen flees, tumbling out of the hounds way. Hist continues fleeing from the hounds, even though he isn't being chased.

Grazys reaches out and touches the hound closest to him, attempting to paralyze it, and then moves backwards at Reid's shout, allowing Reid to move to his haversack right at the tent as he casts his invisibility purge, but nothing shows up at the casting.

Fort save: [roll0]

The hound chasing Dothen catches him again, attempting to bring him down once more.

Attack: [roll1]
CC: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Free Trip attempt: [roll4]

The other two hounds keep moving, just outside Reid's circle.
Revised map:

░░░░░░░░░HH░░░
░░░░░░░░DHH░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░RR░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░tRR░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░t░G░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Toliudar
2008-02-16, 05:53 PM
Reid

Reid draws a black statuette from the bag, which he slings over a shoulder. Murmuring a hasty prayer to Pelor, Reid causes the statue to spring to full-size.

I can either give you some protection from the hounds, and then you'll have to try to keep these two distracted here, or else you take the fly and go after Dothen and I'll stay here as a distraction. Your preference?

GimliFett
2008-02-17, 07:09 AM
Grazys Senneker

"Damn! I was really hopin' that'd work!" the binder mutters when he notices the hound resisted his touch.

Grazys glances once more out of the corner of his eye at the priest. "I can fly on my own, thank ya!" he chuckles. "Ya wanna go get the others, be my guest. I'll try an' teach the doggies some manners in the meantime!"

Greyen
2008-02-17, 12:37 PM
-You can't catch me! I'm the gingerbread rogue!-

Dothen

Voice hoarse from screaming like a girlie girl, Dothen shuts up and concentrates on staying away from the jaws of the hound.

AC: 28 - 32 for AoO's

I think we are at about 165 ft from the beginning place now. 120 for round 1 and 30 +15 (half speed for tumbling) for a double moving round 2. Correct me if I am wrong.

Same thing, tumble and run.
Tumble [roll0]

GimliFett
2008-02-17, 10:30 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder turns back to the hound before him and thrusts two lightning quick jabs at it.

Attack#1: [roll0]
Crit?#1: [roll1]
Damage#1: [roll2]

Attack#2: [roll3]
Crit?#2: [roll4]
Damage#2: [roll5]

Lochar
2008-02-18, 08:51 AM
Grazys does manage to barely pierce one of their hides, although the rapier does not draw blood on it's way out.

The hounds back up from Grazys, content to wait until they can reach him.

The one chasing Dothen attempts to bite him again.
[roll0]

Trip: [roll3]

I forgot the -1 to size modifier for attacks. :P

Toliudar
2008-02-18, 12:19 PM
Reid

The giant priest shrugs at Grazys.

Well, but...all right. But it seems like your blade alone won't do much against them. Here. Let me give you this protection. As long as you don't strike at them, they shouldn't be able to touch you either.

Reid offers up a simple prayer for protection to Pelor and lays a gentle, if big, hand on Grazys' shoulder. He then settles onto the fly and releases the prayer that maintains his great size. At his command, the fly zips up and towards Dothen. Reid tries to guide it away from the third hound, and close to the ground

Quick, Dothen, hop on! It'll be a faster and safer getaway!

Standard action: Cast Protection from Evil on Grazys.
Move Action: Get on fly
Free Action (I think): Dismiss Righteous Might so that fly can get off of ground.
The Fly moves as a hippogriff, so 100'. A double move covers about 200', and Reid's gaining just enough height to be safe flying in this terrain - no more than 5'. Assuming Dothen is still acting before Reid, he'd still be in front of Reid when the fly's move ends. Really, Reid's just hoping that the third hound - who took off just as Grazys and Reid started fighting the other two - goes for the bigger, closer target and tries to attack Reid or the fly.

Greyen
2008-02-18, 02:37 PM
Same as before- Will have to react to Reid next round.

Dothen

Tumbling and dodging the tiefling dances aroundthe Hound trying to flee.

AC: 28 - 32 for AoO's

210ft away

Same thing, tumble and run.
Tumble [roll0]

GimliFett
2008-02-18, 04:09 PM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys chuckles as he starts to draw Acererak's seal on the ground next to him. "Nice doggies! Sit and wait while I get ready for ya!" he calls out to the hounds. "An' I really hope this protection holds long enough for me ta finish this!" the binder mutters under his breath as he finishes the seal to bring The Devourer's vestige forth.

I'll go ahead and make the roll now. Here's hoping this works!
C'mon! No whammies!
Binding Check - Acererak (DC 25): [roll0]
EDIT: WOOT!! :smallbiggrin:

Lochar
2008-02-19, 10:50 AM
Dothen continues to run off, as Reid starts to fly near him.

Grazys starts to draw the seal for another vestige as he comments on it to the hounds near him.

Watching Reid take off, one of the hounds takes off into the air after him, trying to keep up with the priest but failing.

The other hound left behind looks down at the seal Grazys is drawing oddly. It places a paw at the edge of one of the lines and looks up at Grazys, an odd, almost intelligent look on it's face.

What does happen if the vestige circle is broken before you can make the pact?

Again, the hound chases Dothen, attempting to catch him.
Damage: [roll2]

Lochar
2008-02-20, 11:15 AM
Grazys, the hound only watches you making the circle, it has yet to make a move to actually mess it up.

Greyen
2008-02-20, 11:17 AM
Dothen

Dothen tumbles away and around to the other side of the huge fly. He hops on and wails at Reid GOooo!

Tumble [roll0]

AC still 28

GimliFett
2008-02-20, 11:40 AM
Grazys Senneker

After a moment's hesitation at the hound's action, Grazys continues drawing the seal of Acererak. When finished, he calls out to the vestige. "Acererak! The Devourer! I need to anull our pact!"

I'll amend if the hound interrupts...

Toliudar
2008-02-20, 01:33 PM
Reid

Once Dothen was safely mounted behind him on the massive fly, Reid allowed one of his most powerful prayers to spill from his lips, and send healing, calming energy into the panicked soldier. He tries to make his voice as low and soothing as possible.

Listen carefully, Dothen. These are Yeth hounds, which Grazys said are especially vulnerable to silver. You're inside a magic circle right now, and these creatures can't attack you, but if you strike at them, that protection may disappear. The fact that a magic circle is keeping them out suggests that they were summoned to attack us. I'm worried it's the elf. I have a prayer against invisibility active, and am going to try circling the camp to see if I can spot who might have brought these into being. But we may need you and Hist if we need to actually kill them. Meantime, watch the ground!

Reid turns the fly around and, maneuvering around to give the pursuing Yeth Hound a wide berth, flies towards the direction the hounds came from in the first place.

Standard action to cast Panacea on Dothen. I believe it cures "frightened", and also a few hit points. I don't have the spell compendium with me at the moment.
Ebony Fly, double move in the direction the hounds charged from. If the fly is staying about 10' up, Reid's invisibility purge should have a swath about 95' wide at ground level.

Lochar
2008-02-20, 01:38 PM
It actually cures all the way through panicked, so he's good to go after you cast it on him.

The hound takes a swipe at Dothen as he moves to Reid's flying mount.
AoO: [roll0]

If it makes the trip attempt, you'll end up prone, but splayed out on the fly.

The hound loses it's footing and falls prone.

Dothen shivers in fear as Reid flies the two of them away, but calms completely at Reid's magics.

As Reid flies around the camp, nothing new appears to anyone's eyes. The hounds continue to attempt to chase Dothen and Reid, but are both too slow and still would not be able to keep up.

Near Grazys, the apparation of Acererak appears. "You wish to end our binding, mortal? Take heed, do so only at your own risk."

The hound there jerks back and takes a bite at the apparation, but nothing happens to it.

GimliFett
2008-02-20, 01:55 PM
Grazys Senneker

Smiling, sapphire gem glittering in place of his front tooth, the binder chuckles. "Everythin' is at my own risk. It's one of the joys of bein' mortal," he says to the vestige. "Problem is, I got issues to deal with right now, an' you don't offer a solution. Sorry, but I'll see ya again soon 'nuff, I'm sure!"

This all might work out pretty well after all, I think. Reid and Dothen're on their way back, we're just down a blaster now, really.

@Lochar:It was waitin' on me to do the other, wasn't it? :smallwink: Lucky me!

Greyen
2008-02-20, 02:17 PM
Dothen

Dothen calms catching his breathe and giving Reid a hug, well... a quick manly hug, as he holds onto the priest saying Wow, them things sure did a number on me down there. Thank you much fer catching me up and clearing me head. That one was gonna have me fer a midnight snack soonish.

Dothen slips his silver dagger out of the sheathe at his back and whispers to Reid. Swoop in low over the one harassing Grazys. I think I'll be able to get the jump on it.

**Initiative [roll0]
AC 23 - 24 for this hound, 28 for AoO's
HP 44/49 - I don't remember when I got hurt and Reid spell should have cured that 5 but oh well.

Readying an action to Jump from the fly into a flanking position with the Yeth Hound messing with Grazys, and stab it a lot.

**Jump [roll1]
Tumble - to make sure I land upright, unhurt, and un-provoke any AoO's :smallbiggrin: [roll2]

**To Hit w/ Silver Dagger [roll3]
CC [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Sneak Attack [roll6]

**EDIT: Booo! Lochar slipped me his dice! :smallbiggrin:

Toliudar
2008-02-20, 03:33 PM
Reid

Reid is relieved to have the crusty, fearless Dothen back with him, even if he was now once again proposing something suicidally dangerous.

You sure you want me to? Once I drop you, you'll be vulnerable to their attacks again.

Reid had now had some experience with his own ability to dissuade Dothen from his plans, so didn't waste too much time or energy on it. Having completed a rough circuit around the camp, and now at least reasonably sure that there was nothing invisible lurking nearby, Reid did what he could to try to draw attention away from his colleagues.

He murmured one of his favourite prayers, since it reminded him so much of Pelor as he was sometimes depicted. In a moment, the young priest's face - and then his whole body - was lit with a silvery glow that stretched out, illuminating the ground below.

Drifting up a bit further to give Dothen's leap more punch, the fly zips over the hound still on the ground, and circles up a bit further.

Good luck!

Reid is casting Light of Lunia and continuing to focus on watching for any sign of suddenly-visible folk below.

Fly is completing a circuit at a distance of about 60-80 feet from the camp, rising up to a height of about 20', and slowing to allow Dothen to jump off easily.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-20, 03:48 PM
Hist

Panting, Hist ran and ran and ran. He worked up quite a sweat as he stumbled through the undergrowth, and managed to make it quite a way before some part of his mind exerted rationality

It's not real. It's magic. Go back there and kill those things, you idiot!

With some force of will, the warlock managed to control himself enough to bring his legs to a stop. But still, he could not bring himself to return to the fight. Insted, he remained where he stood, rooted to the spot, trying to regain control of himself, and failing to the encompassing fear the howl of these things generated, but managing to remain where he was for now.

Lochar
2008-02-20, 03:58 PM
Dothen jumps from the fly as Reid flies near Grazys, his blade swinging wide as he comes down.

Reid flies away, circling the campsite as he casts a spell, shedding light over it. He still does not see anything.

Acererak scowls at Grazys, but vanishes. I will remember this, mortal." his words fade last.

The hound that Dothen attacked spins around, biting back at him.

--Edit
Aww, too bad they only threaten a crit on 20's. :P

The other two hounds, seeing the first one actually manage to finally make contact with someone, start to fly towards Dothen as well, but they won't make it this round.

Hist, finally far out of sight of the hounds, finally manages to stop, but cannot force his body to move back.

Map:

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░t░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░D░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Toliudar
2008-02-20, 04:37 PM
Reid

Reid gestures with his left hand, and a bolt of silver light shoots down towards the hound between Dothen and Grazys.

Now glowing a little less brightly, Reid guides the fly to ground behind Dothen. He hoped that reinstating his magical barrier between the warrior and the hound would give the man the time he needed to get focused.

And Reid finally takes the offensive, if in a fairly crappy way. Bolt from Light of Lunia:
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Crit confirmation
[roll2] Damage if the creature is NOT an evil outsider or undead
[roll3] Damage if it is.

The fly's target location, BTW, is SW of Dothen's current location on the map.

Greyen
2008-02-20, 11:38 PM
Dothen

Dothen attempts to tumble away on the ground from the creature that just knocked him so easily to the ground. After that he attempts to stand.

Double move! 1 to roll 15' away, 1 to stand up
AC 28/32 for this one, 27 for any others
HP 39/49

Full Defensive!

Tumble [roll0]

Lochar
2008-02-21, 10:24 AM
As Dothen tumbles away from the hound, Reid sends pure light at the hound, causing it to yelp in pain as the light hits it.

The hound turns, ignoring the pact making Grazys and the now standing a bit away Dothen, and hurls itself at Reid, bypassing the protection that the magic circle once afforded Reid, as it swipes at him.

Attack on Reid.
[roll0]
Reason Reid is being attacked:

The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature.
You missed your K: Arcana check by 1 to recall this factoid, sorry. I'd set it at 15+ spell level, or 18.

The other two hounds swoop in, and will be able to attack those without protection next round.

Map:

░░░░░░HH░░░D░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░R░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Greyen
2008-02-21, 11:05 AM
Dothen

Dothen draws his cleaver in his left hand, still holding the dagger in his right. He tumbles back into a flanking position with Reid this time. Attacking again with the dagger. Fooking Bad Doggy! No Holy biscuits for you!

AC 29/33(AoO) for this one, 28 for any others
HP 39/49
Dodge on the one I am attacking
+5 AC -5 Attack for Combat Expertise

To hit w/ dagger [roll0]
CC [roll1]
damage [roll2]
Sneak Attack [roll3] From flanking!

Toliudar
2008-02-21, 09:03 PM
Reid

Reid's sense of hope fades as the fiend-dog takes hold of him and yanks him down. Instinctively he tries to rise again.

According to rolls in the OOC thread, I think that I was unsuccessful in resisting the initial trip - unless a natural 20 helps in that instance. I then tried to tumble (ah, clerics :smallredface:) to avoid an attack of opportunity, and was unsuccessful.

If he's prone, his AC is currently 11, I think, so two scenarios: In the event that the hound either doesn't take the AoO, or doesn't pull him down, he'll take a two-handed swing with his mace, power attacking for 6:
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Crit confirmation
[roll2] Damage

If he is pulled prone again, he will take another move action to stand again. And Tol will REALLY hope that Yeth hounds don't have combat reflexes.

Lochar
2008-02-22, 11:29 PM
The hound doesn't even notice Dothen's attempt at a swing at him, while it attempts to attack Reid again as he gets up.

Attack:[roll0]
CC:[roll1]
Trip:[roll3]

Also, you can use a str or dex check against a trip check. Your choice there.

Reid's attack didn't hit either way.

Remember, you have a +2 deflection bonus to your AC from the circle still, Reid.

Hist finds his mind has finally cleared of it's fear, and he is able to start flying back towards the battlefield.

The other two hounds, seeing their mate fighting the priest, swoop in, only to find that they are still blocked in the attack.

You attacked a specific summoned creature, I'm ruling that specific summoned creature can now bypass the magic circle against evil. Others, not so much.

If you guys need a map, tell me and I'll make one.

Greyen
2008-02-23, 12:32 AM
Dothen

Dothen sees his friend Reid get dropped, he takes advantage and strikes out furiously at the hound.

AC: 31 with +2 from Reid (I think I'm in the circle) +5 from Combat Expertise

Attack 1 (silver Dagger) To Hit [roll0]
CC [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Sneak Attack [roll3]

Attack 2 (silver Dagger) To Hit [roll4]
CC [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Sneak Attack [roll7]

Attack 3 (Cleaver) To Hit [roll8]
CC [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
Sneak Attack [roll11]

Moral Wiz
2008-02-23, 03:01 AM
Hist

Hist blinks as he finally manages to overcome the effect. He isn't still at this point though, he immediately all but falls over, as he breaks through the barrier of fear. Cursing, he starts sprinting back towards the now distant campsite.

500 ft total

120 ft traveled

380 ft to go

Toliudar
2008-02-23, 09:29 AM
Reid

The beast's mauling takes its toll on Reid, but he struggles back to his feet a second time.

Planting his feet with determination, Reid swings wildly at the hound that torments them. He risks a glance to the sky, hoping that Hist is doing all right.

MW, at least there's a glowing beacon showing Hist the way home. :smallbiggrin:

Lochar, no point in me trying to beat the trip attempt. He just spent the round getting up again.

Full attack action, swinging twice two-handed with the mace, five points of power attack.

[roll0] Attack 1
[roll1] Attack 1 crit confirm
[roll2] Damage

[roll3] Attack 2
[roll4] Attack 2 crit confirm
[roll5] Damage

AC 15 (includes reflex bonus), HP 46/85

Edit: Took a crit last round, gives one this round. Maybe there's something to this 'karma' stuff.

Lochar
2008-02-23, 10:18 AM
Dothen's attacks with the silver dagger slide of the hound's hide, but the cleaver manages to break through, even drawing a bit of blood.

Reid, finally standing, swings his mace heavily at the hound, hitting solidly the first time, and the second blow all but trying to smash in it's skull. The hound stumbles for a moment, but does not fall.

Hist continues to fly towards the camp, intent on getting back in time to keep everyone alive.

The two hounds outside the magic circle continue to pace, while the one inside again attempts to tear a piece out of Reid.

You know, I think I gave this creatures power attack. Glad I'm not adding it. :P

Toliudar
2008-02-23, 10:36 AM
Reid

Again the creature's twisting attack manages to drag Reid from his feet, and he opts for the simple expedient of staying on the ground. He swings twice more at the creature, not able to put his full strength into it as much from his current position.

Attacking from prone, working in the -4 to attack. Going with three points of power attack.

[roll0] Attack 1
[roll1] Crit confirm
[roll2] Damage

[roll3] Attack 2
[roll4] Crit confirm
[roll5] Damage

Moral Wiz
2008-02-23, 11:49 AM
Hist

Feet pounding against the ground, Hist looks straight forward, towards the site of battle; as he continues at his unrelenting pace

500 ft total

240 ft traveled

260 ft to go

Greyen
2008-02-23, 03:15 PM
Dothen

Seeing the mauling Reid is taking decides to take things up a notch.

AC: 26 for this one, 25 for others +1 for dodge, +2 for MCvE

To Hit (silver) [roll0] - forgot 2wep penalty last round
CC [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Sneak Attack [roll3]

#2 To Hit (silver) [roll4] - forgot 2wep penalty last round
CC [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Sneak Attack [roll7]

Cleaver To Hit (silver) [roll8] - forgot 2wep penalty last round
CC [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
Sneak Attack [roll11]

Lochar
2008-02-25, 09:46 AM
((I don't think your cleaver is silver as well, is it?))

Between Dothen and Reid's hard blows, the hound's body falls. As it falls, the body actually seems to slightly explode in a gorey shower of blood that vanishes.

Hist continues to run flat out towards the group.

The other two hounds circle Reid and Dothen, keeping five feet from the circle.

Toliudar
2008-02-25, 03:35 PM
Reid

Panting, Reid looks over at Dothen and Grazys.

You two all right? That last chomp was a bit of a doozy. Let me just close these wounds, and I'll be able to focus better.

A quick prayer, and a brief flare of golden light, and the worst of the gouges from the hound's bites knit over. Seeing Grazys focused elsewhere, he turns to Dothen.

I have only a brief time more in which my strength will be enough to pierce their hides. However, if we're able to gather Hist into the protection of this circle, we may be able to simply wait out the spell that summoned these creatures.

Hmm. Hist. Should we go find him?

Reid clambers back onto the obedient fly.

Changing Create Food and Water for Cure Serious Wounds. [roll0] hit points restored.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-26, 01:56 AM
Hist

Hist doesn't let up as the camp comes into sight. He keeps pounding the ground, no matter what, his mind only focusing at his anger at the things that managed to manipulate him so easily.

500 ft total

360 ft traveled

140 ft still to go.

Next round I'll be there.

Greyen
2008-02-26, 09:19 AM
Dothen

Dothen stops panting for a moment and looks at Reid healing himself. He'll be fine for now, if he comes running we need to get him insde the circle. Dothen then touches his belt and channels healing energy from it into himself.

Heling belt 1 charge [roll0]

Toliudar
2008-02-27, 01:21 AM
Reid

Or we could go to Hist, who could be in trouble out there. Grazys is protected on his own for now. They shouldn't be able to touch him.

He murmurs a quick prayer, and sends another trickle of healing energy coursing through himself. He shifts the fly closer to Dothen (unless doing so pushes into the range of the other two hounds), and extends a hand to help him on again.

Standard action to convert to Cure Light wounds [roll0]

If Dothen climbs on, he will ask the fly to zip up to 10' once there's a gap from the circling hounds, and head in the direction that Hist ran away.

Greyen
2008-02-27, 03:27 AM
Dothen

Dothen looks at Reid and says Wait till we can see him. I will distract them while you collect him. He'll be fine. When we can see him then go. Dothen looks around for his warlock friend.

Spot [roll0]

Ready an action to cast Darkness on a copper piece and toss it out between the hounds. As well as tumbling and hiding.

Lochar
2008-02-27, 09:52 AM
As Reid heals himself and the two of you converse, the hounds seperate and get on opposite sides of you.

Hist continues to run towards the group.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-27, 10:38 AM
Hist

Hist doesn't slow off as the campsite comes into view, thoughts of anger and vengance overwhelming his mind. Inspite of hsi exhaustion, a smile appeared across his face

Let's hunt.

20ft out from the camp edge now

Greyen
2008-02-27, 01:20 PM
Dothen

Grabbing Reid shoulder (or boot if he's hovering on the fly) Wait a moment Reid stay here. Dothen says to the priest.

He calls to Hist To the center.

He barks out short phrase in infernal and the area is plunged into darkness.

Cast Darkness (lvl 2/caster level 9) on the copper piece.

Toliudar
2008-02-27, 03:23 PM
Reid

Mastering his instinctive discomfort with the darkness, Reid also feels the divine power fade from his limbs. With a sinking feeling, he suspects that his further contribution to this fight will be defensive, not offensive. To that end...

Calling out for more help from Pelor, Reid reaches up to touch the hand on his shoulder, and holy strength floods into Dothen.

Casting Bull's strength on Dothen.

Lochar
2008-02-27, 03:30 PM
As Hist runs up to the group, he sees the light he has been using as a beacon to get to the group flicker and vanish, engulfed by shadowy darkness that deepens the already dark night as he hears Dothen shout out to him.

Reid reaches out and touches Dothen's shoulder, imbueing him with strength drawn from Pelor's might.

One of the hounds turns from the circle and runs at Hist.

Attacking Hist: [roll0]

Map:

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░RD░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░HH░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░HHh░░░░░░░░░░

Toliudar
2008-02-27, 03:49 PM
Reid

Pardon the pun, but I can't see a blessed thing in this darkness. Now what are you thinking we'll do?

Greyen
2008-02-27, 04:23 PM
Dothen

Distract this one. Dothen begins to sprint toward Hist. The unnatural darkness leaves with him as he runs, stopping halfway between the

Arriving at Hist and the Hound Dothen attacks the hound with the sliver dagger.

Dropping the darkness coin as a free action. Or if I can end the spell as a free action then that's what he'll do.

Charge!
Hp: 49/49
AC:22 for this one 21 for the rest
To Hit [roll0] +2 for Bull's and +2 for charge
CC [roll1]
Damage (silver) [roll2]

Moral Wiz
2008-02-27, 04:35 PM
Hist

Falling head over heals at the hounds attack, Hist focuses on his power. With some difficulty, he manages to defend himself, and draw upon it, sending a bolt of cascading black energy at the... thing that was attacking him.

Dice gods, I am sorry. You are truly good and wise.:smallbiggrin:

[roll0] Attack. Touch AC
[roll1] Damage

Toliudar
2008-02-27, 07:58 PM
Reid

Distract it? What can I do to...ah. Yes. Forest, my apologies.

Slowly, cautiously, the fly rose to interpose itself between the hound and the combatants just outside the camp. Reid slipped his mace back onto its belt hook, and reached into his pack, drawing out Forest's very, very big sword. Swinging it wildly over his head, Reid tried to activate the same crackling energy which he had seen Forest use in times of crisis. He slipped into his (rusty) pulpit-voice.

Avaunt ye, foul shadow-beast! I am the bearer of the holy sun and the holy storm, and if you dare approach, I will send you into a place of such unendurable brightness that you will never again find the solace or rest!

Ah, what the hell: Bluff check [roll0]. Sheathing his mace, drawing Freeman's sword. The fly moves to be roughly halfway in between the hound that's nearest Greyen, and Dothen and Hist.

Lochar
2008-02-28, 08:36 AM
As Hist blasts the hound with magics that seem to light up the night, Dothen comes up and slices into the same hound with his silver dagger, drawing dual cries of pain from the hound.

Reid:
Exactly where are you moving to? Dothen and Hist have one hound flanked, and you cannot force the MCvE against the hound, or you'll break the circle for that one as well.

Greyen
2008-02-28, 10:50 AM
Dothen

OOC: New Round?

Dothen yells to Hist Keep it up! We'll get this'un! Dothen lashes out with the dagger and the cleaver.

AC: 24 for this hound 23 for the other.

To Hit - Dagger: [roll0]
CC - [roll1]
damage [roll2]
Sneak Attack [roll3]

To Hit #2 - Dagger: [roll4]
CC - [roll5]
damage [roll6]
Sneak Attack [roll7]

Cleaver Dagger: [roll8]
CC - [roll9]
damage [roll10]
Sneak Attack [roll11]

Toliudar
2008-02-28, 01:10 PM
Exactly where are you moving to? Dothen and Hist have one hound flanked, and you cannot force the MCvE against the hound, or you'll break the circle for that one as well.

I'm not moving closer to either hound. I'm trying to directly interpose myself between the "north" hound and Dothen, cutting off a clear view of that battle, and preventing a charging attack from the other hound. Relative to the map, it looks like about a 10-20' move east.

Lochar
2008-02-28, 01:34 PM
Reid interposes himself between the two hounds, keeping them from easily joining each other.

The hound, seared and slashed open skin, attacks the prone Hist again.

You do realize, that prone, you take negatives to your AC as well? :P I think you're basically hit on anything but a 1.
[roll0]
No need to trip, you're already prone.

The other hound continues to watch Grazys as he works on his binding circle.

((End Round 8 of Grazys' binding time))

Map:

░░░░░░░░░░R░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░DHH░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░HHh░░░░░░░░░░

((Already have Dothen's action for next round, so no need to redo them))

Moral Wiz
2008-02-28, 02:15 PM
Hist

Wincing as the hound's second bite draws a fountain of blood, Hist concentrates hard, and sends another bolt of pure, black energy at the infernal thing

Delay move action until results of Dothen's attack and this one are plain.

[roll0] Concentration

I did the attack roll wrong. I'll do over at the OOC

[roll1] damage

Toliudar
2008-02-28, 06:29 PM
Reid

It seems Grazys is doing just a fine job of distracting it on his own.

Taking advantage of one hound's focus on Grazys, Reid takes the opportunity to spiral up about 30', then dart down and slash from above at the hound savaging Hist.

Reid's goal is to end up directly above the hound, so that his protection aura (+2 deflection bonus to AC) extends to both Dothen and Hist.

So...striking from above, with no power attack.

[roll0] Attack with sword
[roll1] CC
[roll2] Base damage
[roll3] Electricity damage

Lochar
2008-02-29, 10:36 AM
Between Hist's blast and Dothen's dagger, this hound also falls to the combined attack. The hound, just as the previous one did, vanishes in a huge gout of blood, much more than you would have expected from the attacks you've hit it with.

Reid slams down against the last hound, striking true although the blade does not harm it, but the smattering of electrical power shocks the hound.

The hound turns, and bites at Reid for interrupting him.

Moral Wiz
2008-02-29, 11:01 AM
Hist

The blood bespatterted light-born rose to his feet, slowly, clutching at his wound with one hand, whilst the other reached for his heeling potion.

Much oblige... Oh DAMN !

As soon as the potion had touched his lips, Hist was all but choking on it, forcing it down, before casting the bottle to the winds, and running towards Reid.

Using my potion of cure critical wounds [roll0] +1 per CL of the guy who made it

Greyen
2008-02-29, 11:02 AM
Dothen

Dothen turns from Hist as he says with a smirk.Time to go save Reid. He sprints toward the hound striking at it with the dagger.

Charge - Flank if possible
AC: 24 for this one (include +2 for Reid/-2 for charge)

To hit [roll0]
CC [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Sneak Attack [roll3]

Toliudar
2008-02-29, 03:02 PM
Reid

Augh!

Grimacing as the hound tossed him about in the air a bit, Reid swung the unfamiliar sword around in a pair of awkward two-handed arcs, counting on the crackling energy to do what the force of his blows might not.

Full attack action, followed by a direction for the fly to take a 5' step up.
[roll0] Attack 1
[roll1] CC 1
[roll2] Slashing damage
[roll3] Electricity Damage

[roll4] Attack 2
[roll5] CC 2
[roll6] Slashing damage
[roll7] Electricity Damage

Toliudar
2008-03-02, 09:47 AM
Reid

Apologies for the double post. Spellcraft [roll0] for any understanding of the significance of the gout of blood.

Lochar
2008-03-03, 09:14 AM
Hist drinks a potion, healing himself as Dothen takes off, silver dagger flailing. The dagger catches the hound in the side well, and the hound lets off a yelp.

Reid swings Freeman's sword, hitting and knowing the blade won't damage it, but the electricity crackles and makes the hound yelp again.

Reid:

Summons, when destroyed, usually vanish without leaving any traces beyond the damage that they have done. The two hounds you've killed so far have actually pretty well exploded in a gorey, bloody, death. The bodies and gore have vanished, but there is still ample blood around you and even on you from them. It actually somewhat reminds you of a blood summoning, where blood is used as a component in the summoning to give the summons more life and a longer lasting time. Although, even then these hounds are stronger and longer lasting than even a blood summoning would be.

The hound, bleeding fairly heavily, turns from the group and takes to the skies, flying away from you all.

It will draw AoO from Reid and Dothen as it runs.

Greyen
2008-03-03, 11:28 AM
Dothen

AoO
To Hit [roll0]
CC [roll1]
Damage - Silver [roll2]
Sneak Attack [roll3]

Moral Wiz
2008-03-03, 11:31 AM
How far away is it?

Lochar
2008-03-03, 01:08 PM
After a double move action? 120' from Reid. If it survives to get away that is.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-03, 01:36 PM
How far from the ground? It's moving in the air, so it must have wasted some of it's move getting up into the skies. the higher it went, the less "ground" distance it could travel.

Lochar
2008-03-03, 02:45 PM
Well, let's see.

It took off at an angle, with the ground being one side, and the height it went up in the sky the other, forming a right triangle.

Let's say it went 70' off the ground.

70^2 + x^2 = 120^2
4900 + x^2 = 14400
x^2=9500
x=97, or 95 feet because we do everything in 5' squares.

So it's 95 feet away from Reid, and 70 feet in the air.

Ah, the smell of dead catgirls in the morning. :smalltongue:

Toliudar
2008-03-03, 07:55 PM
Reid

As the hound pulls away from him suddenly, Reid manages to maneuver the massive, crackling sword for a parting shot.

Sure, why not.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] CC
[roll2] Slashing damage
[roll3] Electricity damage.

Toliudar
2008-03-03, 08:01 PM
Reid

As the hound pulls away from him suddenly, Reid manages to maneuver the massive, crackling sword for a parting shot.

Sure, why not.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] CC
[roll2] Slashing damage
[roll3] Electricity damage.

I'll delay further reaction until we find out whether Dothen's sneak attack and my crit are enough to stop it. Ah, I'll just post actions for both scenarios:

If they kill the creature before it takes off:

Reid pants, sword in hand and staring at the others.

Summoned creatures don't decide to break off and go do something else all on their own. Whatever brought these nightmare dogs here is still controlling them. It seemed to want to go that way. I'm still able to eliminate invisibility, and, well, I'm glowing. I'm going to go have a look.

Reid guides the fly to head off in the direction the yeth hound seemed to be breaking, moving up to a height of about 30'.

[Moving up 30' and over as far as a double move will take us. Move rate is, I think, 100'. Invisibility Purge is still active - 100' sphere.]

If the creature is still alive:

Summoned creatures don't decide to break off and go do something else all on their own. Maybe it's been told to go check in with someone. Can we follow?

[same movement. Staying at least 30' back from the creature.

Lochar
2008-03-04, 07:23 PM
Between the two of you, you do manage to drop it just barely, and it again explodes like it's brother demons did, in a nearly violent spray of blood that does not vanish while the body parts do.

Reid pants, sword in hand and staring at the others.

"Summoned creatures don't decide to break off and go do something else all on their own. Whatever brought these nightmare dogs here is still controlling them. It seemed to want to go that way. I'm still able to eliminate invisibility, and, well, I'm glowing. I'm going to go have a look."

He then puts word into action and flies in the general direction the hound had been trying to escape.

Reid:
A double move doesn't net you anything when you go in that direction.

Toliudar
2008-03-04, 07:30 PM
Unless something happens that makes him reconsider his course, Reid will continue on for another thousand feet or so before looping back.

Lochar
2008-03-04, 07:36 PM
Reid:
About six hundred feet out, you'll find another location that has a very large amount of blood spread out, reminiscent of the previous yeth hounds death throws, but no one else.

Toliudar
2008-03-04, 07:41 PM
Reid

Circling that spot at a distance of about 60', Reid does a bit more to stabilize his own condition, He then circles again, scanning the area for any magical auras latent in the bloody explosion, before returning to report his findings.

Casting Cure Moderate Wounds for [roll0] points on himself, then casting Detect Magic and scanning the vicinity. He'll report anything he learns to the others, starting with the fourth blood-splotch.

Lochar
2008-03-04, 07:49 PM
There are three dim conjuration spells that linger tied to the blood splatter. They don't seem to be fading yet, which considering the time you fought would set the original spell as at least a moderate level magic spell, more likely even stronger than that. There is also another dim conjuration, that fades as you watch it, probably the result of a short range teleportation spell having been used.

Nothing appears to your invisibility purge.

GimliFett
2008-03-04, 08:12 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder quickly summons and forges a pact with Andras, finishing much quicker than usual. Grazys looks at the bloody messes, including his friends, and chuckles lightly. "Sorry. Did I miss anything?"

Toliudar
2008-03-04, 09:11 PM
Reid

Reid quickly heals himself further as the fly zips him back to the camp site. Mercifully, he misses hearing Grazys' question.

Cure light wounds [roll0]

Once near enough the others to speak softly and be heard, Reid reports what he found about 600' away.

It's nasty - a fourth blood mark out there. That was a very powerful conjuration - or conjurations - that brought the hounds in, and it's been augmented with blood magic. Nasty stuff. There was also a whiff of a teleportation, so my guess is that whatever summoned these things - and I'm guessing that it's our elf friend again - just took off again.

Perhaps, tomorrow, we can turn the tables on him. I carry with me the tools for scrying. With some luck, we might be able to look in on HIM.

Oh, ah, who needs healing? Hist, that looks a bit nasty.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-05, 10:13 PM
Hist

Certainly; thank you Reid.

Hist smiles grimly, still clutching his wounds from the hound.

And if we do scry on him, would you know, roughly, where he was? I'm a little worried if he is on our tail.

Toliudar
2008-03-06, 04:35 AM
Reid

The young priest bends to examine Hist's wounds. He chants a quick prayer of health and binding, and the worst of Hist's injuries knit themselves up. He takes a quick moment to check for infections.

How about you, Dothen. I know that you have some ability to address your own injuries. May I be of assistance?

As for the wizard's location - I'd hope that seeing his immediate surroundings would give us some clue as to where he currently was - whether he's just a few hundred yards away, or back in Eras.

Hist gets [roll0] back, and then a [roll1] Heal check to make sure everything's okay.

Greyen
2008-03-06, 06:21 AM
Dothen

Dothen looks back toward the other two for a moment from watching the perimeter. I'm a-ok Reid, that one couldn't get a paw aon me for a bit, and when it did it wasn't too bad.

Toliudar
2008-03-06, 11:13 AM
Reid

Reid nodded at Dothen's words, smiling wryly at the memory of how easily the hound had "laid a paw" on him. Given the frequency of their night visitors, perhaps it was time for him to find a more protective garment.

Pressing his hand to his side, Reid murmured yet another prayer, grateful all over again for the bounty of Pelor's blessing.

So...what were those things? Grazys, you seemed to know something about them - shouted out about silver. And then you just sort of...drifted off there for a while. Are you all right?

GimliFett
2008-03-06, 01:06 PM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys nods his head at Reid's words. "Yeth hounds. Nasty buggers from tha outer planes. Never seen 'em so big before, though." He pauses a moment. "I'm sorry 'bout checkin' out. I knew I wasn't gonna be able ta do nothin' ta them with Acererak bound. I had ta expel him an' bind somethin' a little more helpful. Andras," he says shrugging his shoulders. There seems to be an odd bulge under his cloak and armor; almost a hunchback. He chuckles ruefully as he nods toward his back. "Another bad pact, I'm afraid, though it hopefully won't affect much. Just need ta finish any battles we run inta quicker than this one. At least I'll be able ta help next time, though."

Toliudar
2008-03-06, 03:04 PM
Reid

Forgot to roll my Cure Light Wounds [roll0]

Reid is already starting to fade as the excitement drains from his system.

Interesting. So this summoner can bring in powerful netherworldly creatures, and potentially make them even MORE powerful than usual. Swell.

And, Grazys, do I even want to know what this, ah, Andras does for you? Besides adding some support in behind?

GimliFett
2008-03-06, 03:34 PM
Grazys Senneker

"Twitch did say the elf was a summoner. And he preferred fiend-like substances," Grazys offers with another shrug. With a nod toward his hunchback, he continues. "This? Just the sign. No worries. Vestigial wings. Andras'll make me a better rider, and a better hand-to-hander, too. I'll summon a heavy warhorse when we set out in the mornin', since I'll only have it for about half a day. Plus a coupla tricks like layin' a heavier smackdown an' makin' 'em smack each other. That was the goal anyway," he grins and shrugs once more.

Toliudar
2008-03-07, 12:42 AM
Reid

Reid nods, still a bit uncertain what to make of all this binding business. It was all muddled in his head with the binding of fiends, and seemed so unsavoury. Yet, here Grazys was, smiling and genial as ever.

Right. That does sound well advised. Well, unless there's anything else, I'm going to try to get a bit more sleep.

After any further conversation among the four of them, he will indeed turn in.

One more CMW [roll0] and Reid should be in fine fettle again. Tomorrow he'll be swapping out Freedom of Movement to get Scrying. And crossing his fingers.

Greyen
2008-03-07, 02:27 AM
Dothen

Dothen looks around one last time at his companions saying You know where I'll be. He then steps into the brush nearly faing into as he dissappears.

Hide [roll0]

Spot [roll1]

GimliFett
2008-03-07, 02:40 PM
Grazys Senneker

As Greyen disappears into the brush, Grazys holds up his hands in a resigned manner. "And once more, I'm left alone ta ponder tha mysteries of tha universe." Grazys chuckles to himself as he sits down next to his pack. He opens it up and looks inside. "Hey, Twitch," he whispers conspiratorially, "What'd yer buddy do? And why is he after us? There's more there than we're aware, I'm sure." Knowing no answer would be forthcoming for another week, the binder closes the pack and shakes his head. He leans forward and starts to draw intricate diagrams in the dirt, practicing and manipulating various vestige seals to try and discover new ones.

Lochar
2008-03-07, 02:44 PM
The rest of the evening will pass quietly, without any further interruptions. Granted, you all probably need a bath and clothes need to be washed because of the blood from the night before.

The morning sun rises and the day greets you all.

Greyen
2008-03-07, 03:03 PM
Dothen

As the night passed Dothen would have taken the time to round up the horses as best he could. He takes the time in the morning to round up the others if he can. After taking stock of any lost items from the nights fright fest he begins to clean his gear after making breakfast. He is quiet and withdrawn thinking about something. If asked he just grunts and carries on cleaning and mending his gear as he can.

When everyone is ready to leave he leads the way back to the road and towards the crossroads settlement.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-07, 04:05 PM
Hist

The warlock deals with his bloodstained clothes as best as he can. Thankfully, his watch is about due, and he has time to get most of the blood away.

After that, he finishes off the dawn watch,keeping silence throughout, and makes ready to leave.

GimliFett
2008-03-07, 04:18 PM
Grazys Senneker

Once everyone is up and prepared to leave, Grazys takes a moment to concentrate. After a long moment, a heavy warhorse appears, aready saddled and with a heavy lance resting in the stirrups.

He winks at the others and hops up onto the horse with a practiced ease Grazys had never before shown.

"We ready to go?" he asks the others with a broad smile as he takes the reins in his right hand and grasps the lance with his left.

Toliudar
2008-03-07, 06:30 PM
Reid

Reid rises as early as ever, but with a bit more heaviness in his movements than usual. He smiles at the others readily enough as they go about their morning rituals. He settles cross-legged to pray for a time, meditating, and trying not to dwell overmuch on the challenge of the day.

Afterward, he encourages the others to join him as he sets up a small brass font on the ground. Carefully, he pours several crystal vials of holy water into the font and makes a long, complex series of gestures over it.

Show us the summoner, Hiran!

Casting Scrying.

Lochar
2008-03-07, 08:01 PM
As Reid casts his magic, he feels the blood that is still on his body and clothes, not fully cleaned off yet, get drawn into the spell as well.

The holy waters in the font seem to shimmer and stir themselves, and a cloudy image appears, before clearing.

The image of Hiran appears, and you see the mage lying in the tall grasses, sleeping still. Around him, you can see just the faint beginnings of new growth in the grasses.

The mage sleeps in neither tent nor sleeping bag, and as you watch, he rolls over. You all see very, very large gashes in both of his arms, wounds that look like they should be bleeding profusely, yet do not bleed at all, magic apparently holding in his life blood.

Careful observation reveals the same double helix spirals tattooed on his hand that is on Grazys as well.

The mage sleeps heavily.

Reid:

Two things:
1: The blood from the hounds exploding on you got used as a component in the spell, more specifically the connection of a body part. Take that as you will.

2: If you cast detect magic, it will work through the font.

There are several auras around him from magical items, and an aura of malignant magics that seem to emanate from the spiral on him. He doesn't seem to currently have any active spells on himself.

Toliudar
2008-03-07, 10:59 PM
Reid

Rapt in attention to the image in the font, Reid brings forward one of his simplest prayers, and is able to sense a range of auras on the elf. Not wanting to push his luck, he watches for a few more seconds, then breaks contact.

Well, that was...interesting. It seems that Hiran's own blood was used to help create those larger-than-usual hounds last night. That suggests that, if we gather up some of the remnants from those explosions, it will make it easier for us to scry him again in the future.

He begins carefully shifting the contents of the font back into the crystal bottles. He glances nervously at Grazys.

It also seems that his power is being fed by...by the one who we're not talking about for now. Grazys, I fear for you. I say this as a friend. The power that you are bound to frightens me very much. Did you...did you sense Hiran's proximity last night? He was several hundred feet off, so that may have been too far, I suppose.

I didn't see any particular identifying features around him. Did any of you notice anything? Clearly, he's not back on his way to Eras, and he's not in the forest. Which suggests that he may not have gone far.

I am somewhat drained today, thanks to the battle last night, but perhaps soon we can think of a way to discourage this spying on us, harrying us, that he seems intent upon.

As for the gashes on Hiran's limbs, held in check by magic - well, I'm not familiar with the necromancies required to hold the life force against such violations, but it's hardly a healthy thing.

As he speaks, he slowly packs the vials and font away, and finishes his preparations to leave. Still, he listens carefully to the wisdom of his companions.

Greyen
2008-03-07, 11:35 PM
Dothen

Dothen watches Reid do his magics and then thinks about it for a while. He walks over to the camp area and looks down the direction the hounds came. He stops and looks around and shakes his head. Some days I wish O'l Walleye were around. That little halfling could treack a flea. Couldn't never tell if you was looking at the right eye when you were talking too him though, both eyes had minds of their own. Died under a horses hooves in one of the last charges of the Battle of Fontjoye. Oh well, lets go.

Dothen asks Reid as he mounts up So, that looking spell of your can you change how it is looking at someone? You know, so it can look at the horizons or what is behind him too? Or does it tell you anything about how far or direction?

Moral Wiz
2008-03-08, 01:43 AM
Hist

Hmm...

Hist comes over as Reid works his scrying spell, and looks into the water before he breaks contact.
Can Hist see into the scrying? If so, that'll determine what he does next.

Lochar
2008-03-08, 07:46 AM
Yeah, anyone can see into the scrying pool.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-08, 01:56 PM
Hist

the warlock doesn't flinch as he sees the elf

So, there you are, enemy.

As the pool drops, Hist turns away.

Some live grass. Either there's another section of life here we don't know about... or he's run back towards the forest.

He's certainly a servant of the.... Oh this is utterly ridiculous. We can't keep dodging the Whore-son's name like this. Let's call him the Scholar.

Anyway, why did he flee back towards the forest? If he is serving the Scholar, surely he'd want to continue, locate more of Pygas' power. Why go back?

Ho hum. Questions for another time. Anyway, we last saw live grass.... some time back. Just after we left the forest. Just a few miles out. He can't be far from it.

Or he could be on the other side; though how he reached us then, I do not know. Regardless, yes, lets go. Nothing we could do with the knowledge regardless.

He mounts his horse

Greyen
2008-03-08, 01:59 PM
Dothen

Maybe he could have cast the summoning and then teleported away. Is that possible? Dothen says as they ride onward.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-08, 02:05 PM
Hist

Presumably. That's the only way he could have gotten there. But why there?.... A blind teleport ahead would have worked; even short distance. There are only plains here. He's probably good enough to rout anything that found him whirlst we were dealing with the hounds.

Hist shruged.

Well, let's hope he's simply scared of us

Or is more interested in disrupting our progress than aiding his masters'.

Toliudar
2008-03-08, 07:31 PM
Reid

Well, I don't mind saying it's mutual. Grazys, if any of your vestige friends can hide us from Hiran's prying, I'd be most grateful.

His packing complete, Reid prepares to mount up and be on his way.

Lochar
2008-03-10, 10:41 AM
After dismissing the scrying spell on the mage, you all mount up and continue in the direction of the crossroads location.

The day is quiet, and allows for reflection for all. The skies are only slightly cloudy, and the sun warms you all.

You all can ride for nine to ten hours before making camp again that night.

((You guys want to do anything special for the night?))

GimliFett
2008-03-10, 10:46 AM
Grazys Senneker

With a chuckle, Grazys replies to the Pelorite's question. "I wish I knew one that could do that, mate! I'l hafta ponder an' see what I can come up with later as we ride, eh? There might be somethin'."

Grazys takes a moment to concentrate. After a long moment, a heavy warhorse appears, aready saddled and with a heavy lance resting in the stirrups.

He winks at the others and hops up onto the horse with a practiced ease Grazys had never before shown.

"We ready to go?" he asks the others with a broad smile as he takes the reins in his right hand and grasps the lance with his left.

Greyen
2008-03-10, 11:03 AM
Dothen

Dothen rides until darkness overcomes them. No lights tonight unless we get jumped, no fire either. He can scry on us, but we should try to keep as low a profile as possible. Reid's conjured food and water will go uncooked as Dothen does not prepare a fire.

Taking extra precation in hobbling the horses he makes sure they cannot run, but are able to fight if attacked. Dothen then fades into the brush as usual for his watch, bow drawn and ready.

Toliudar
2008-03-10, 06:03 PM
Reid

Still tense after last night's interruption, Reid is subdued and restless all day. He finds himself unable to rest easily, continuing to twist the wooden ring on his finger.

Dothen's pronouncement about fires brings a sad nod from the priest.

And so the servant of the light is forced to hide in darkness. Still, you are wise, my friend.

Actually, it's interesting. Our scrying could only sense an area in his immediate vicinity. Either his scrying is considerably more powerful, or else he was able to scry our location last night, pop in there, and then move hundreds of feet away without any of us noticing.

He shakes his head.

Pfft. This is why I prefer the path of the sun. It is straight, bright, and clear.

Greyen
2008-03-10, 11:41 PM
Dothen

Ahh, but the sun follows the same path every day. The stars wander all over the sky in the night. Dothen says from nearby.

Toliudar
2008-03-10, 11:58 PM
Reid

Reid trusts Dothen's keen ears to catch his soft words, and it's hard to keep a plaintive tone from them.

I suspect that, by the time this is done, I'll have had my fill of wandering, at least for a time. Give me steady warmth, and a series of predictable paths any day. The stars are all well and good to inspire poetry, but the sun brings life.

Greyen
2008-03-12, 01:06 PM
Dothen

Dothen does not reply, enjoying the coming silence of the night. Keeping watch dutifully on his friends, was now doubly important with their pursuit by the summoner. Still he enjoyed the coolness of the night and the few stars kept him silent company.

Lochar
2008-03-12, 01:10 PM
Couple of rolls.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Moral Wiz
2008-03-12, 01:31 PM
Oh joy. Now waiting on... well, whatever it is :P

Hist

Hist turned in as soon as possiable, and woke up again about midnight. It wasn't his watch, but he decided to get a breather anyway.

And you've been surprised far too often of late. Better take care.

With that thought, Hist smiled, and, with a thought or two, his wings became real once more. Energy glowed around him, obscuring his face slightly. Those looking at the ground would see that, no matter where he steped, the grass now seemed undisturbed.

I'm not going to be had for a mug again.

And with that, Hist took off into the sky, smiling. It was still dark, and the warlock's equally dark clothing ensured he wasn't too easy to spot. But he didn't care about that. He just tumbeled arround in the sky, simply enjoying the only true "blessing" his powers grant.

I haven't flown like this for far too long.

When the sun rose, Hist descended to the ground, ready to take his watch.

DooL on will, Entropic warding and fell flight. Unless otherwise stated, Hist will now activate all three every morning.

Lochar
2008-03-12, 02:37 PM
The night passes quickly and silently for all of you, no disturbance coming this night.

The morning sun rises, chasing the night away. Today there are a good number of clouds overhead, heading in a generally western direction. They have the look of rain in the couple days or so.

I love fake rolls, MW.

Greyen
2008-03-12, 02:55 PM
Dothen

Dothen breaks camp quickly making sure the horses are ready for a long day. After checking everything and breaking bread with the others he says Lets get a move on today, hopefully the crossroads isn't that far off.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-12, 03:01 PM
I know :smalltongue: . I'd intended to do this anyway; Hist is annoyed at himself for not being as good as he should be in the last few battles

Hist

Hist smiled, in spite himself, as the morning sun came into view.

Let's deal with the day as it comes

He dosn't take in breakfast with the group though, insted, he takes out a small pearly white stone, and holds it to his head. After a moment, it starts to orbit the warlock, who smiles at it. He waits for the others to take in the meal, and mounts up as Dothen is talking.

Yes, let's get moving. We'll be there before we know it at this rate.

Toliudar
2008-03-13, 11:50 PM
Reid

Reid's prayers this morning are more relaxed, and his meditations more prolonged, than they have usually been.

He too is eager to saddle up and be on their way.

If we are to be getting to the crossroads, it can't be soon enough for my tastes.

Greyen
2008-03-15, 10:21 AM
Dothen

Dothen again pushes the troop on this day. He rides the horses hard but carefully so as not to harm them. He carefully watches the horizons for signs of civilized life (smoke/haze). He is quiet most of the day thinking on how to best lay a trap for the mage that is following them.

Toliudar
2008-03-15, 12:57 PM
Reid

At the brief mid-day meal break, Reid breaks his silence.

I've been thinking...about this wizard following us. Two things.

First, either he knows now that Grazys is not going to be as cooperative as the Scholar hoped, or else this agent is working without direct contact. At our first meeting, we have every reason to believe that Hiran would have observed the, ah...

He gestures to the back of his hand.

Which do we think it is? Or am I missing other possibilities?

Second, the most likely means that he has of tracking us from place to place, assuming that he's not simply flying above us each day, is through the same kind of divination, like what I did. Since he's been attacking us at night, it seems reasonable that he is studying us after sundown, and simply teleporting to us. If we were to change our travel patterns, use light sources to either keep travelling a few hours later or start sooner some days, it would be a bit wearying for us, but it would also make it much harder for him to know where we are when we are resting and most vulnerable.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-15, 02:39 PM
Hist

Hmm... I can provide an hour and a half's light. Reid, if you can add to that, we should be able to make pretty reasonable time all night long

Toliudar
2008-03-15, 02:49 PM
Reid

Reid smiles. Light was one thing he could do.

I should be able to provide another 3 hours of illumination. More, with some preparation, of course.

Greyen
2008-03-15, 03:05 PM
Dothen

Dothen listens in Whatever ya'll magical types think is best. Light is not really my best friend so you'd best not expect any of that stuff from me. I don't even carry torches or a lantern around anymore. he says chuckling. We should get a move on and take a long rest in the after noon though if we intend to keep going into the night.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-15, 03:31 PM
Hist

So, four and a half hours of rapid movement

Hist considers for a moment as he rides

So, we take a rest this afternoon, then continue until sundown. Then, proceed for an hour or two in darkness, slowly and then use the light to herald normal movement for as long as possible. Then, continue slowly until sun up. That way, the odds are that he'll look for us whilst we're moving too quickly to locate our position

Is that reasonable?

Greyen
2008-03-15, 03:35 PM
Dothen

If the horses don't crap out on us in the process sounds good to me.

GimliFett
2008-03-15, 08:02 PM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys had remained quiet for most of the ride, deep in thought with trying to figure out Hiran's plans and motives in addition to pondering vestige's that might offer protection from scrying. "So I'll ride the normal horse for the early stuff, then summon my new best friend," the binder pats his summoned warhorse on the neck, and ride him when we might expect an attack?" he asks.

"Oh, and I can make it so I can see in darkness, no worries, there. I could bind Andras and Geryon, get that acid gaze thing goin', too!"

Lochar
2008-03-16, 10:06 AM
Sorry for the delay. Been a hellish week. Program Manager conference at work, and support for that crap all week. Yesterday was the decompression day. :P

New travel plans decided upon a lunch, you all break for longer than normal and then leave. The clouds overhead still get slightly thicker, but no where near rain levels yet.

You travel until sundown, and then with the help of Reid and Hist's magics, several more hours by summoned magical light.

Camp is made, and there are no interruptions.

The next morning, the clouds overhead have thickened considerably, promising rain sometime today.

Greyen
2008-03-16, 10:09 AM
Camp until noon so Reid can sleep and get spells, rest horse. Push on until well past dark again.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-16, 10:14 AM
Seconded. From now on traveling at night more than day if possible, to reduce possibility of ambush.

Toliudar
2008-03-17, 12:53 AM
Sounds good to me.

Also, please note that Reid doesn't need 8 hours of sleep each night, but does need to rise at dawn to pray.

However, we can travel longer than usual today, if desired - I've memorized Healing Lorecall, which allows me to remove fatigue at the end of the day with any healing spell.

Edit: oh, and last evening's Sending, to Anura:

Approaching crossroads. Think Hiran is tracking us magically. Suggestions on evading? We are shifting travel/movement schedules.

Lochar
2008-03-17, 08:27 AM
Reid:
Detect magic will find scrying sensors. Cover tracks. Not sure what else. Priests showed up on boat recently, none lost. No sleep, no curse lost.

Riding out, about mid afternoon you find what looks to be the remnants of a wall, and can see about ten minutes worth of riding will bring you to a newer looking set of walls. Or at least a standing set. They stretch out quite a ways in both directions, before turning away. This close, you can see the occasional wisp of smoke come from behind the walls. There are also a couple of buildings that you can see that rise above the ten foot walls, but they don't seem to be close to wall, but further in.

\ /
\ /
\ /
\_______________/

X

X is the direction you would be coming at the walls from.

Not to scale.

Greyen
2008-03-17, 08:34 AM
Dothen

Dothen rises from his saddle with a holler at the walls HELLOO! Anyone home? He sits back down on his saddle and says to the others No need to get shot at for not announcing our selves, shall we find a way in? With that he turns to the west looking for signs of life and a gate.

Lochar
2008-03-17, 08:36 AM
You're all a ten minute ride from the walls. What you're near right now is a broken set of walls with no one near them. Although, thinking about it, shouting at the distance you're at should be audible.

Greyen
2008-03-17, 08:53 AM
Out of easy bowshot but within earshot is what I am thinking. Not really expecting an answer, but on the off chance of there being hostile guards on the wall this will hopefully reduce their hostility.

Lochar
2008-03-17, 08:57 AM
Make a spot check for me then

Greyen
2008-03-17, 09:06 AM
Spot [roll0] edit - the sun's in my eyes...yeah thats the story and I'm sticking to it. :smallbiggrin:

Lochar
2008-03-17, 09:08 AM
All:Dothen definitely doesn't see anything. Anyone else want to make a spot check?

Moral Wiz
2008-03-17, 09:18 AM
Update with IC reaction later [roll0] spot

Lochar
2008-03-17, 09:19 AM
Hist:
You can make out two vague humanoid shapes that appear at the top of the wall.

Toliudar
2008-03-17, 09:26 AM
Reid

Reid shares the results of Anu's response.

I don't see an easy way for me to keep holding a search for magic sensors indefinitely, but I'll try to think of something there.

The approach of the walls brings a surge of hope in Reid, and he tries to read the trails of smoke as a sign of hope. As he squints at the walls as they ride towards them:

Hist, do you think anyone there would take a flying man as a sign of aggression. I'm certainly hoping that everything is well with the settlement, but it would be nice to know that there weren't a horde of skeleton crossbowmen on the other side.

Spot [roll0]

Lochar
2008-03-17, 09:37 AM
Reid doesn't see anything.

GimliFett
2008-03-17, 09:55 AM
Grazys Senneker

As the group approaches the walls, Grazys seems lost in his own world, completely oblivious to the hollering and questioning of his companions. Every now and then he absently scratches at the hunchback that has been a constant companion these last few days.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-17, 05:05 PM
Hist

The warlock breathes a sigh of relief as the looks closely at the wall as they approach.

Something on top of there at any rate. Two men... or shapes of men

He corrects himself, before smiling slightly

Hard to tell from this distance. Let's hope they aren't all that superstitious. A lone man, even a black winged one, shouldn't be seen as much of a threat. And if I am... well, in that case only one of us will be known about. That'll give us some surprise value at least.

With that, Hist takes off, and approaches the walls, keeping his eyes on the two figures. He'll take care to not fly too fast, and is ready to teleport away at anything that looks like an attack. He'll come up to the point where he can clearly ID the sentries, but no father.

Lochar
2008-03-17, 06:44 PM
Hist:
Two men are on the wall. You notice the wall is ten feet thick, and both have bows. Neither has them drawn though. They see you and look up, pointing.

Beyond them, you can see the settlement. Easily six dozen houses stand, with land cleared with building material for much more. The couple of buildings you were able to see with the others is actually one building, just two separate towers of a single large building. Looking carefully at that building, you actually see the roof of both towers is decorated with the holy symbol of Pelor, Reid's God.

There is a decent road system built up here, and several paths lead into the walls. The walls do spread around the whole settlement. The area the walls surround is probably a good four square miles.

There is quite a bit of casual movement around the town. If you get within a couple hundred feet of the walls, one of the men will pull a bow, the other will point to you and then the ground outside the wall.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-18, 01:32 AM
Hist

People live. They just don't feel that communicative.

Hist calls back to the others before turning back and focusing his vision on the village for a moment

Detect magic, looking for anything. [roll0] Spellcraft check

Lochar
2008-03-18, 07:16 AM
Detect Magic only has a 60' range.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-18, 07:30 AM
Hist

A tad reluctantly, Hist descends to the ground, just in front of the wall

Lochar
2008-03-18, 07:35 AM
Carved into the wall is a set of stone doors, which, when open, would probably allow you into the town. To your spell, the doors have a very light magic on them, a cantrip, probably a command activated open/close. The rest of the wall is mundane.

The two men, both human, look down from the wall. "What brings ya here, wizard?" One of them asks. The man has a very odd accent, one you cannot place. Both have bows in hand, but not drawn.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-18, 07:42 AM
Hist

Hist smiles up at them, noting the accent of the guard.

Just a traveler, an explorer. No more. In fact, I didn't even know that this place was inhabited. But, as it is, I thought I'd come in, rest my feet for a little.

Lochar
2008-03-18, 07:52 AM
The man motions beyond you. "And the others?"

Moral Wiz
2008-03-18, 09:05 AM
Hist

The same. We travel as a group.

Lochar
2008-03-18, 09:21 AM
"All weapons are to be peacebonded, or stored away completely inside the town. Nothing heavier than chainmail is to be worn. The inn is about fifteen minutes down the road, stop there and get a room to put anything away that breaks the laws, understood?"

If Hist agrees, the man will tap something behind the wall, and the doors will open.

The doors are just under six feet high, making it possible to walk through them, but impossible to really ride a horse, although one can be led through.

The doors are actually two sets of doors, a set that opens towards you, and another set ten feet into the wall that open out into the town.

Toliudar
2008-03-18, 09:30 AM
Reid

Waiting tensely with Dothen and Grazys, Reid fidgets a bit.

Well, it's been a couple of minutes, and no one is shouting, waving swords or shooting at each other. So...gone better than usual.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 09:36 AM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys doesn't really control his horse so much as allow it to go where it will, which is usually with the others. A blank look remains on his face as he stares at whatever is before him, not really seeing the town. Reid's comment breaks the binder's reverie.

"Huh? Wha- Where'd that come from?" he asks as he seems to notice the walls and town for the first time.

Toliudar
2008-03-18, 09:41 AM
Reid

Reid gently guides his horse over to get a closer look at the older man. His voice is equally gentle.

Grazys? You all right? We've been riding towards these walls for, well, we could see them well back. Hist's up talking to someone right now.

Did your mind take you...somewhere else? Do you remember where you are?

Consider this taking ten on a sense motive check - Reid is essentially worried that one of his vestiges, or perhaps the Scholar, is either controlling or distracting Grazys' mind. Because Anura's paranoia is catching. Result is 23.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 09:54 AM
Grazys Senneker

Chuckling, Grazys smiles at the priest. "Sorry. I know roughly where we are, just lost track o' time, 'sall. Long rides with little ta break the monotony tends ta allow me ta reflect on things a bit. Just wonderin' what Hiran's motives are, eh?" The binder seems his normal cheerful self, lopsided grin and all.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-18, 10:59 AM
Hist

Assuming the guard's don't object, Hist heads back to the group

Well, people live, and there's an inn. That's a good start.
He smiles as he continues

The guards won't let us wear anything heavier than chain, and want us to peacebond weapons. They'll let us put any heavier armour in a room in the inn.

Shall we head in? Oh, and Reid? The one thing that you can make out from back here is infact a single building, and I saw the symbol of Pelor on it's towers. A temple, perhaps? I don't know what that means, but it's probably best you know.

Toliudar
2008-03-18, 11:06 AM
Reid

The priest grins weakly at Grazys' response.

Happy to hear. Sorry to...pry.

Hist's return widens his smile.

This seems like very good news to me. Most frontier towns need to rely on citizens to protect themselves. The walls, the peace-bonding - this suggests that this city is taking much more responsibility to keep everyone safe and sound.

His smile becomes a bit lopsided.

And if I can't wear this armour, perhaps it will encourage me to find that chain nightshirt I talked about. And yes, I'll be happy to check into the building you describe - and all of you are of course welcome to join me.

He glances over at Dothen and Grazys.

Ready to proceed when you are.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 01:16 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder nods to his friend. "No worries. I know whatcha mean, Reid."

As Hist updates the group on entry requirements for the town, Grazys shrugs. "I don' wanna wear heavier stuff anyway, most o' the time. 'Sfar as the lance goes, how'm I s'posed ta peacebond it?" he asks as he raises the lance for emphasis. "Other than that, I'm ready when y'all're."

Moral Wiz
2008-03-18, 01:50 PM
Hist

Well, they gave the option of handing it in. But... well, I don't like the option of handing over our weapons to a group of people we don't know.

So... we'll need a lot of rope.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 02:01 PM
Grazys Senneker

Grazys stifles a staccatto laugh. "This? They can have it if they want. In a town, I doubt I'll hafta charge someone with a lance, eh?" He shrugs. "It'll disappear after a couple more hours anyway," he adds with a wink.

Toliudar
2008-03-18, 06:26 PM
Reid

In a rare moment of levity, Reid adds.

Could be fun to hand it over, then ask for it back tomorrow.

He begins riding towards the opened gate.

I also feel uncomfortable handing over my mace - it is, after all, consecrated to Pelor, and if there are worshippers here, they may understand that. And Freeman's sword is a charge I have accepted, but perhaps they will accept a promise to leave it in the bag.

Anyway, I'm just excited that there seems to be a community that not only has survived, but is thriving and organized here.

Greyen
2008-03-19, 03:54 AM
(OOC - Sorry was out of the loop last night.)

Dothen

Dothen hearing the news quickly dismounts and digs in his pack for a moment. Peace bonds coming up.He pulls out ball of twine and begins to peacebond his assortment of daggers and blades. After he is done with himself he goes about and peacebonds everyone elses weapons unless they wish to do it themselves. When he is finishes he nods to the guards and lets them examine his work if they need to.

After that he follows the others into town.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-19, 05:33 AM
Hist

Thanks friend. And I never thought I'd thank someone for leaving my weapon unusable.

Hist winks at his friend

Well, let's go and take a look arround.

Hist half smiles as he walks in through the gates. He starts wandering arround the settlment, as he wants to know anything and everything about this place.

[roll0] Spot check and [roll1] Search check (if needed) to look arround the small settlment. Looking for anything of interest. Taking 20 on both if possiable.

Lochar
2008-03-19, 07:47 AM
As you walk in, one of the men comes down off the wall and escorts you to the inn, making sure you actually get a room and leave any non-peacebonded weapons and heavy armors there before taking his leave of you.

Hist, as you walk around, you find several points of interest. The temple to Pelor, which appears to be in decent repair. There is a blacksmith and a leathershop, both working. There are a good number of people out on the streets, and you get both odd looks and nods. They all seem to have the same strange accent that you can't place.

As you wander around the town, you do find another building of interest. This one has very thick, heavy iron bars in most of the windows. It is a fairly big building, and as you walk by it, you can see into one of the windows someone sitting on a thin bed. Something about the man catches your eye, although your not sure what it might be.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-19, 08:03 AM
Hist

Interested, Hist takes a closer look through the barred window at the man on the bed

GimliFett
2008-03-19, 08:18 AM
Grazys Senneker

The binder moves closer to Reid. Leaning over, he whispers, "The curse is or was here. It's very diffused -- no focal point -- just present, barely. Like walking through a spiderweb, only a little lighter than that, even." Grazys straightens up and chuckles. "That is so, true. Hey, I betcha can't wait ta get ta tha temple, huh?"

Toliudar
2008-03-19, 09:14 AM
Reid

Reid nods at Grazys' news, trying not to let it show how troubled he was by the news. If this community had been out of communications at Eras for so long now...there were several possible reasons for that.

He responds with a joy that is only slightly put on.

Indeed, Grazys. And of course, you are all welcome to join me.

At the inn, Reid smiles at the ostler, blessing him for taking in four strangers from Eras.

Might a humble priest ask the story of how you have come to settle and prosper so well on your own here? There are some folk at the Expeditionary office in Eras who will be pleased to hear you are well. And why has there not been word back to them? Was it the dangers of the forest?

Greymist
2008-03-19, 09:18 AM
The man in the cell stands up slowly and walks to the bars, a questioning frown on his face.

Lochar
2008-03-19, 09:21 AM
The man gives Reid an odd smile. "We settled here because the town was still here, mostly. As for prosper, not quite so much. You've seen the land. It doesn't support much of anything yet, so the couple of priests that are with us spend a lot of time conjuring water for the land and food for us. We don't really have manpower to send someone to Eras just to give an all clear. Since you are a priest, do you know the prayer for heaven's bounty? If you can summon at least meals for yourselves and maybe the rest of the inn, there won't be any charge for your stay."

The man's own accent is thick at points, causing the occasional word to almost seem slurred.

Bluff for holding back something: [roll0]

Toliudar
2008-03-19, 09:53 AM
Reid

Sense Motive [roll0]

Sorry to split the conversation - If Lochar's okay to have two timelines' conversations going on simultaneously, I'm happy to bring Greymist in ASAP.

Reid smiles.

I can do more than feed ourselves while we are here. Please, allow me to share some of Pelor's bounty with you as well - we should have more than enough. Certainly enough to feed several people for a day.

I can also send word back to Eras to let the offices know that you are safe here at...what do you call this place? And if they are sending more settlers on to you...oh, the forest is clearing of The One's taint, and travel will be at least a little safer! Anyway, are there specific supplies that you are lacking here?

Also, sir, we are here, as most are, to heal this broken continent, and see it peopled once more. I can't help thinking that there is a part of your community's story that has not yet been shared.

Lochar
2008-03-19, 10:08 AM
No, I don't mind running dual conversations. If need be, I'll set up a second thread, but I don't think that'll be a problem at the moment.

The innkeep's face lights up at Reid's mention of helping with the food, but then darkens somewhat at the mention of unshared stories. "I'll thank ya for the offer to help feed us all, but some things I won't mention. Or can't. Or shouldn't. Something like that."

The innkeep seems to be having an internal arguement with himself over something.

Toliudar
2008-03-19, 10:21 AM
Reid

The priest moves closer to the innkeeper - not threateningly, but to open himself.

Sir, my friends and I have come a long way to help. My name is Reid den Birchcliff. I am a priest of Pelor, of the Radiant Servant order, and although my calling is often martial, I have been blessed and ordained. If you tell me something in confidence, it will remain so. More importantly, if there is something troubling you - troubling the people here in this village - there may be some way that we can help.

Diplomacy to encourage the innkeeper to open up. [roll0]

Lochar
2008-03-19, 10:29 AM
The innkeep looks startled at Reid's mention of the Radiant Servants. "You're one of the truly light blessed?" He looks up at the ceiling and sighs. "Not today, not this late. If we are both here at daybreak, I will give confession to you. Visit the temple today, pray for wandering souls. I won't speak of anything else until the morn."

Toliudar
2008-03-19, 10:52 AM
Reid

Smiling wryly, Reid nods.

An excellent suggestion, sir. I will rise at dawn to pray, and perhaps we may pray together. After, I will take what confession you choose to offer.

I thank you again for the hospitality of your inn. When I return, I will provide what small part of Pelor's bounty is open to my poor and weak spirit.

Reid hastens on to join his companions at the prison fortified building. Seeing Hist's interest and the frowning face at the window, Reid moves a bit closer to the man, still leaving some distance between himself and the windows.

And good morrow to you, sir. You too are part of this bold and industrious settlement?

GimliFett
2008-03-19, 11:00 AM
Grazys Senneker

Once more, Grazys leans in toward Reid as they walk to rejoin the others, though hushed, he doesn't use a whisper. "What'd he mean 'if we're both here at daybreak?' A little off, ya ask me. Shoulda bound Dantallion today, get inta their brains," the binder adds with a wink.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-19, 11:42 AM
Hist

Hist smiles at the frowning man.

Call it cynicism, but I'm worried. Nothing this idylic exists. Certianly not in the midst of a land like this.

I'm happy I do not need weapons to fight.

His face gives no hint of his mind however, as he greets the newly risen man

Good morning. Might I ask you what this place is? I've just arrived... Oh, hello Reid. Didn't hear you there.

He is a little startled as Reid comes up behind him, but makes no further reaction.

Greymist
2008-03-19, 01:42 PM
The mans face appears as an open book when you speak, the frown disappears instantly replaced with a look which could be hope.

"You're new here?" there's no trace in his voice of the strange accent that other people in this village have.

"I can't tell you much. Two weeks ago - shortly after I arrived - I was asked to spend the night in a cell during the full moon to prove I wasn't a were creature. Ever since then I've been kept locked up here with no explanation"

GimliFett
2008-03-19, 01:49 PM
Grazys Senneker

Butting in, Grazys asks amiably, "I take it by yer statement that yer not a were-creature?" A broad grin splits the man's face as he inquires of the prisoner, trying to put the man at ease given his confinement. "Oh, an' who asked ya ta do it? I'd like ta avoid that one."

Moral Wiz
2008-03-19, 02:06 PM
Hist

Paranoia proves itself again. Perhaps at any rate. No matter. This doesn't sound like a convict's story.

Hist's voice becomes hushed as he starts looking arround, trying to see if anyone was looking at them, before turning back to the convict

Did anything else happen that might cause them to lock you up? Did you anger anyone?

[roll0]Spot check, looking for anyone looking interested in their conversation and [roll1]SM check on Greymist

Lochar
2008-03-19, 02:38 PM
No one that you can notice seems to be taking any particular interest in your conversation. There's not many people on this street either, but there is the occasional one or two people that pass by.

Greymist
2008-03-19, 03:15 PM
"Unless these people have strange customs I don't believe I did anything to offend them" looking over at the new comer then down at his arm he adds "I don't think I'm were, I have been having very strange dreams though"

Moral Wiz
2008-03-19, 03:30 PM
Hist

Str.... No. That doesn't fit... Does it?

Hmm... Can you tell me just what those dreams were? Probably irrelevant, but...

He shrugs.

Greyen
2008-03-19, 03:48 PM
Dothen

Dothen just stands back quietly contemplating the area and the cell. I'm not much liking it here but I think we may need to stay a day ot two. It also bothers me that they caged some one over nuthin. He has a very thoughtful look on his face.

Dothen has his guild coin in hand in the city and watches for other guildies, other reactions.

How easy does Dothen think it would be to spring this guy?

Lochar
2008-03-19, 03:59 PM
Dothen:
No guildies that you see.

The building look to have stone walls and roof, and is basically one big block, hollowed out. You don't see any real seams or mortar lines. The bars running through the window are probably two inches thick, with an inch distance between them. Looking closer, you can't tell how deep into the stone the bars go.

There is one door into the building on the other side, that doesn't have any particular door handle or such. The door does look like the ones that let you into the town though, so there is probably some sort of minor magic that opens the doors.

Looking through the window into the other person's cell, it is a 10 x 10 room, with a door on the opposite side made out of the same type of bars that the window is.

Moral Wiz
2008-03-19, 04:15 PM
Hist

Hist looked at Dothen as the Tiefling finished speking. With a slight smile, he whispered in his ear.

You know, I could port into the room, and cut through the bars. Between the healer's dagger, and my own magic, I could do it pretty quick, and quite subtly.

Of course, we've only this guy's word for it that he's really innocent, and doing this'll make the settlers a bit annoyed, but.... well, call it paranoia, but I don't fully trust this place. Something seems... oh, I don't know. But there is no explanation for that weird accent; not to mention the peace bonding. I mean, if they've been here for long, they've been under risk of attack from monsters made by the curse. Shouldn't that mean that everyone would need a weapon ready to use?

Greymist
2008-03-19, 04:23 PM
The man steps back from the bars and closes his eyes as a small shudder passes through him. Away from the bars yet in the light you can see he stands arounds 6 feet tall and has a lithe form"

The little boy...it was too real to be a dream...

"All I can say is if you can help it, don't go to sleep while you're here, and if you do fall asleep do not...leave...your body, don't let them cut the thread."

GimliFett
2008-03-19, 04:37 PM
Grazys Senneker

The binder's brow furrows and he glares at the walls of the man's prison. "I knew somethin' was up with this place. Whot d'ya mean, don't leave yer body an' don't let 'em cut the thread? Who's in charge here?" Grazys asks.