PDA

View Full Version : Character Illustrations

MythAdvocate
2007-11-28, 02:51 PM
Hello,
I will be posting some character illustrations from my home campaign. If you would like to see more of my artwork, or stories, please visit one of the following:
Website (http://www.aaronsiddall.com/)
Myspace Page (http://www.myspace.com/mythadvocate):
Blog (http://mythadvocate.blogspot.com/)

TINEN-GOROTH, THE SKULL KING
http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs22/300W/i/2007/320/2/0/The_Skull_King_by_MythAdvocate.jpg
(Half-Fiend Human Lich Wiz 20/Epic 10)
Medium Sized Undead (Extraplanar)
HD: 30d12 (210 hp)
Init: +10 (+6 Dex, Improved Initiative);
Speed: 30 ft, Fly 60ft (average)
AC: 25/29 (+6 Dex, +6 natural, +3 Bracers/ +4 Mage Armor);
Attack: +18/+13 melee, or +21/+16 ranged;
Damage: Bite 1d6+3, Claw1d10+ 3
Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Touch Attack, Fear Aura, Spells
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Undead, Immunities,
DR 15/good and bludgeoning, Turn Resistance +4.
Saving Throws: Fort +13, Ref +17, Will +19;
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 22, Con - , Int 27, Wis 14, Cha 15.
Skills: Appraise +28, Concentration +23, Craft (Stonemasonry) +9,
Hide +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +40, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) +27, Knowledge (Geography) +31, Knowledge (Nature) +22, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) +41, Knowledge (Religion) +41, Knowledge (The Planes) +40, Listen +20, Move Silently +6, Search +28, Spellcraft +48, Spot +32;
Feats: Brew Potion, Craft Rod, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Item, Enlarge Spell, Eschew Materials, Great Fortitude, Heighten Spell, Improved Initiative, Maximize Spell, Run, [Scribe Scroll], Silent Spell.
Epic Feats: Epic Spellcasting, Ignore Material Components, Permanent Emanation (Foresight).
Languages Spoken: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Infernal, Orc.
Possessions: Rings (Feather Fall, Blinking, Freedom of Movement), Cloak of Major Displacement, Cube of Force, Skull Helm of Power (Pearl of Power effect), +3 Bracers of Armor.

The Skull King appears as Skull-faced monster with scabrous clawed hands. Despite the rot of his person, this lich is always well dressed.
The skull king wants to become a full-fledged god, and is worshipped as an aspect of deathless victory within his own lands of Ras-Assuhl (Persian-esq mageocracy). Towards this end he conducts elaborate arcane research and seeks to wrest control over the whole of the earth. His armies of Daemons, Hobgoblins, and Human troops are on the move. Presently, control of Dwarf Gate is of interest, though as that plan progresses, he will turn his eyes to the Southern Kingdoms.
The Skull Kings familiar, is a Larvae that was once the soul of his ancient mentor, Xaxath the Bold and now answers to Xaxath the Wretch.
Combat
The skull king rarely engages in combat himself outside of an occasional scuffle with a sacrifice victim, but prefers the “long arm” approach. The Skull King uses agents, demons, and long-range spells for most foes, often entrapping particularly interesting foes in Larvae form to be used in elaborate spellcasting.
Half-Fiend Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day-darkness, poison, unholy aura; 1/day-desecrate, unholy blight, contagion, blasphemy, horrid wilting, summon monster IX (fiends only), destruction.
Fear Aura (Su): Liches are shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. Creatures of less than 5 HD in a 60-foot radius that look at the lich must succeed at a Will save (DC 17) or be affected as though by fear as cast by a 30th level sorcerer (30 rounds).
Paralyzing Touch (Su): Any living creature the lich touches must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 17) or be permanently paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any spell that can remove a curse can free the victim (see the bestow curse spell). The effect cannot be dispelled. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a successful Spot check (DC 20) or Heal check (DC 15) reveals that the victim is still alive. This power works in conjunction with the lich’s damaging touch (see above).
Turn Resistance (Ex): A lich has +4 turn resistance (see page 10).
Damage Reduction (Su): A lich’s undead body is tough, giving the creature damage reduction 15/+1.
Immunities (Ex): Liches are immune to cold, electricity, polymorph, and mind-affecting attacks.
Wizard Spells Known (4/7/6/5/5/5/5/4/4/4): 0th -- Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Disrupt Undead, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Resistance, Touch of Fatigue. 1st -- Alarm, Animate Rope, Chill Touch, Color Spray, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Undead, Erase, Feather Fall, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Protection from Evil, Sleep. 2nd -- Command Undead, Daze Monster, Ghoul Touch, Hypnotic Pattern, Levitate, Owl's Wisdom, Phantom Trap, Resist Energy, See Invisibility, Web. 3rd -- Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Displacement, Fireball, Greater Magic Weapon, Halt Undead, Haste, Illusory Script, Keen Edge, Lightning Bolt, Ray of Exhaustion, Suggestion. 4th -- Arcane Eye, Charm Monster, Fear, Fire Trap, Lesser Geas, Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, Locate Creature, Mnemonic Enhancer, Phantasmal Killer, Secure Shelter, Solid Fog, Wall of Fire. 5th -- Baleful Polymorph, Hold Monster, Mirage Arcana, Nightmare, Secret Chest, Sending, Stone Shape. 6th -- Circle of Death, Contingency, Greater Dispel Magic, Mass Fox's Cunning, Mislead, Move Earth, Permanent Image, Stone to Flesh. 7th – Banishment, Control Undead, Delayed Blast Fireball, Ethereal Jaunt, Grasping Hand, Greater Arcane Sight, Finger of Death, Insanity, Instant Summons, Mass Invisibility, Plane Shift, Power Word Blind, Sequester, Summon Monster VII, Teleport Object. 8th -- Antipathy, Clone, Incendiary Cloud, Irresistable Dance, Iron Body, Maze, Mind Blank, Polymorph Any Object, Screen, Sunburst, Sympathy, Trap The Soul. 9th -- Crushing Hand, Energy Drain, Foresight, Gate, Mage's Disjunction, Meteor Swarm, Refuge, Shades, Soul Bind, Summon Monster IX, Teleportation Circle, Time Stop, Wail of the Banshee, Weird, Wish.

This guy is the main bad-dude in my home campaign setting. He rules a sizeable kingdom to the south-west and is looking to grind the opposition to dust. Nearly two whole parties of 7th+ level adventurers were wiped out during conflicts with his minions.

This guy is a practiced and careful baddie, strangely generous and interested in people who show initiative and intelligence. This doesnt mean he wont kill them, just that he will have some class and style about it...

hyperfreak497
2007-11-28, 02:52 PM
Wow, nice looking picture, but I think this belongs in Arts 'n' Crafts.

What program did you use to resize the head for your avatar? It's looking quite fuzzy.

Gah, third edit, but shouldn't this guy have access to Epic Mage Armor? He is 30th level...

MythAdvocate
2007-11-28, 02:58 PM
Thank You hyperfreak497. I hadnt seen the icon in action, but will adjust shortly.

Arts n Crafts eh? Perhaps I will re-post there. Until then here is another NPC:

Mother "Misery" Lovage (Night Hag Wiz 10)
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs23/300W/i/2007/320/2/4/Mother_Lovage_by_MythAdvocate.jpg
Medium-Size Outsider (Evil)
Hit Dice: 8d8+8+10d4+10 (84 hp)
Initiative: +5 (Dex, Imp Initiative)
Speed: 20 ft.
AC: 20 (+1 Dex, +9 natural)
Attacks: Bite +17 melee or +2 unholy flail
Damage: Bite 2d6+6 and disease, or +2 unholy flail (1d8+6+2d6vs good).
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, dream haunting, Spells
Special Qualities: Immunities, SR 25, damage reduction 20/+3
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +20 (22)
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 17, Cha 16
Skills: Alchemy +12, Bluff +22, Concentration +11, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (arcane, planes) +20, Lucid Dreaming +15, Listen +12, Ride +11, Scry +16, Sense Motive +20, Spellcraft +20, Spot +10
Feats: Alertness, Combat Casting, Mounted Combat, Scribe Scroll (B), Iron Will, Craft Wondrous Items, Craft Arms and Armor, Empower Spell, Silent Spell, Improved Initiative
Climate/Terrain: Spineharrow Forest (Dreamscape)
Challenge Rating: 19
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Advancement: 9-16 HD (Medium-size)

Misery Lovage is a reclusive night hag with a taste for the dreams of mortals. She is as nasty as they come, and will not tolerate interlopers unless they have a damn good reason for wasting her time. She had dealings with the Skull King in ages past, and is in hiding in the Dreamtime, as being undead, he does not dream.
Mother Lovage speaks Infernal, Abyssal, Draconic and Celestial.

Combat
Mother Lovage always attempts to lull foes into a sense of comfort, offering food and light conversation to gauge a visitors intent. If they interest her AND show respect, she remains friendly. If they are uninteresting or rude she sicks her pets on them while using spells to annihilate them.
Disease (Ex): Demon fever Each day thereafter, on a failed save, the creature must immediately succeed at another Fortitude save or suffer 1 point of permanent Constitution drain.
[B]Spell-Like Abilities: At will - detect chaos, detect evil, detect good, detect law, detect magic, magic missile, polymorph self, ray of enfeeblement, and sleep. These abilities are as the spells cast by an 8th-level sorcerer (save DC 11 + spell level). A night hag can use etherealness at will as a 16th-level sorcerer so long as it possesses its heartstone.
Dream Haunting (Su): Night hags can visit the dreams of chaotic or evil individuals by using a special periapt known as a heartstone to become ethereal, then hovering over the creature. Once the hag invades someone’s dreams, it rides on the victim’s back until dawn. The sleeper suffers from tormenting dreams and suffers 1 point of permanent Constitution drain upon awakening. A sleeper reduced to a Constitution score of 0 dies. Only another ethereal being can stop these nocturnal intrusions, by confronting and defeating the night hag.
Immunities (Ex): Night hags are immune to fire and cold, and to charm, sleep, and fear effects.
Wizard Spells Known (4/6/5/4/4/3): 0th -- Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Disrupt Undead, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Resistance. 1st -- Change Self, Color Spray, Feather Fall, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Message, Obscuring Mist, Shield, Shocking Grasp, Sleep, Spider Climb, Summon Monster I. 2nd -- Arcane Lock, Endurance, Ghoul Touch, Invisibility, Knock. 3rd -- Dispel Magic, Fly, Hold Person, Lightning Bolt, Lucid Dream, Slow. 4th -- Arcane Eye, Bestow Curse, Fire Trap, Minor Globe of Invulnerability, Polymorph Other, Polymorph Self, Wall of Ice. 5th -- Cloudkill, Hold Monster, Major Creation, Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound.

Mother Lovage is a quest subject in my home campaign. She has some mysterious dirt on The Skull King, and is hiding in a Dreamscape forest of horrors. The Lich isn't all that interested in her anymore, as he considers himself beyond the touch of past mistakes.

A group of Material Plane Hags serve Mother Lovage, with whom they communicate through Lucid Dreaming. These "Hags of Spineharrow" have certain regions under their command.

Past PC's in the campaign setting encountered some of these "lesser" hags. Notably "Auntie" Fortuna (Annis Hag, Sor 7), and Black Alice (Annis, Barbarian 10). Auntie Fortuna did not survive her encounter, but Black Alice did (though the PC's did not).

Kaelaroth
2007-11-28, 05:13 PM
Good, but.... ewwww..... that picture is disturbing... :smallsigh:

I'm da Rogue!
2007-11-28, 05:53 PM
Those pictures freak me out.:smalleek:

But I guess that's the point, right?
So well done.:smallsmile:

MythAdvocate
2007-11-29, 03:20 AM
Excellent responses from both of you, thank you!

I am moving this thread over to Arts and Crafts Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64831).