PDA

View Full Version : Weatherwax & Ridicully Vs Voldemorde and Bellatrix

Lyesmith
2007-12-05, 05:50 AM
An interesting topic, personally. This is assuming a 2v2 duel.

So, who would win? My personal money is on the Discworld duo.

Eerie
2007-12-05, 06:13 AM
Don`t even think about it. Granny is as unbeatable as Cthulhu...

Lyesmith
2007-12-05, 06:15 AM
Moreso than Sauron?

(Yes, kidding. She'd send that massive metal pansy and his jewlery fetish running home like a small girl)

Aidan305
2007-12-05, 06:17 AM
The Discworld Duo, without doubt.

Eerie
2007-12-05, 06:19 AM
Moreso than Sauron?

Even Chuck Norris can`t beat her.

Adumbration
2007-12-05, 06:22 AM
Weatherwax can beat anything and anyone. Including Sauron.

Tengu
2007-12-05, 06:28 AM
Would Granny beat Cthulhu?

Lyesmith
2007-12-05, 06:31 AM
Does a bear poo in the woods?:smalltongue:
She'd break that tentacled monstrosity like a twig. Poor Cthulu. He only wants to be loved:smallfrown:

Green Bean
2007-12-05, 10:25 AM

"Non-Elucidian geometry? I can't be having with that sort of thing."

Arioch
2007-12-05, 11:55 AM
Voldemort and Bellatrix until Granny decides she can't be having with it.

Also, Ridcully is actually VERY powerful for a wizard, he's just never prepared. If he is ready, with a fully-charged staff and lots of stored spells, he can take down most things.

However, Harry Potter magic is limitless, and Voldemort is extremely good at magic, while Discworld wizards and witches get tired and attract Things from the Dungeon Dimensions.

How would the Dark Lord fare against a Thing which gets stronger as you throw more magic at it, I wonder...

Green Bean
2007-12-05, 12:08 PM
Voldemort and Bellatrix until Granny decides she can't be having with it.

Also, Ridcully is actually VERY powerful for a wizard, he's just never prepared. If he is ready, with a fully-charged staff and lots of stored spells, he can take down most things.

However, Harry Potter magic is limitless, and Voldemort is extremely good at magic, while Discworld wizards and witches get tired and attract Things from the Dungeon Dimensions.

How would the Dark Lord fare against a Thing which gets stronger as you throw more magic at it, I wonder...

Ah, but there's the rub. The Dungeon Dimensions are a product of its setting. If the combat's on Discworld, then Voldemort and Bellatrix will get eaten by things from the Dungeon Dimensions. If they fight in Harry Potter land, Ridcully can unleash all the magic he wants with no side effects, in a display that would likely leave 50 miles in all directions unsuitable for human habitation.

Kaelaroth
2007-12-05, 12:14 PM
Discworldians.

Weatherwax would force Voldemort to confront his feelings for his absent mother and make him go home a redeemed being (admittedly she'd use some magical headology). Meanwhile, Ridcully would swathe himself in a magic-resistant force-field and use to his crossbow to knock a hole in Bellatrix. :smallamused:

2007-12-05, 12:15 PM

Rincewind beat Cthulhu.

With a brick.

EDIT: And neither Bell nor Voldy would stand a chance against Ridcully. They'd throw their curses, which would fly off of Ridcully's magical armor, and then he'd put a crossbow bolt through both of them.

TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE?

Arioch
2007-12-05, 12:28 PM
I can see the dialogue now:

Voldemort: You dare to challenge the might of Lord Voldemort? I am the greatest wizard that the world has ever-
*thunk*
Ridcully looks up from his crossbow.
Ridcully: Stibbons! Clear this mess up, will you?

Lyesmith
2007-12-05, 05:16 PM
...Oh god, that would be such a hillarious scene. i can picture it.

How would the Weatherwax v Sauron debate go, do you think?

Green Bean
2007-12-05, 05:22 PM
...Oh god, that would be such a hillarious scene. i can picture it.

How would the Weatherwax v Sauron debate go, do you think?

Debate? The word debate implies there's a chance for either party to win.

Lyesmith
2007-12-05, 05:24 PM
..Ack. I meant conflict. curse these human fingers!

The_Snark
2007-12-05, 05:26 PM
Rincewind beat Cthulhu.

With a brick.

Not beat, so much as whacked with and then ran away.

Ridcully has a shot at that sort of thing too. The faculty deals with tentacled horrors coming out of the woodwork all the time (if you believe their ramblings). Probably more often than they interact with students, and certainly more often than they intentionally interact with students.

Lyesmith
2007-12-05, 05:32 PM
Who would *want* to interact with students?

Alex12
2007-12-05, 05:36 PM
Weatherwax can beat anything and anyone. Including Sauron.

Granny vs. the Luggage. That would be a battle I'd like to see from a safe distance, only I'm not sure that there is any such thing for something like that.

Lyesmith
2007-12-05, 05:39 PM
Quite so. Weatherwax would have a hard time, i feel.
Ogg would have it on her side instantly though.Remember this is a wma who can make statues cry on her shoulder, over what they really think about pigeons.