PDA

View Full Version : Chainmail Bikini

Amiel
2007-12-09, 07:22 AM
Forged from resilient metals and woven with protective enchantments, the chainmail bikini represents a stylish alternative to an otherwise drab and ordinary wardrobe.

Chic and glamorous, the chainmail bikini is a favorite of fashionable female adventurers who wish to not only look great while kicking butt, but who also want to make a fashion statement and flaunt their sex appeal. It has also proven popular with humanoids of the opposite gender, whose attentions have taken on a voyeuristic inclination.

The chainmail bikini is said to be the brain- and lovechild of an elven metalsmith who defied tradition to become an armorer, sometime model and fashion designer. From humble beginnings, the chainmail bikini has since become an iconic staple and image of fantasy, but this was not always so. The first prototype did not prove to be as popular as anticipated and the profit loss stemming from inattention almost bankrupted that mysterious elven genius.

With perseverance and advertisement through word of mouth, and trial testing by interested parties did the concept finally take flight. Virtually overnight, the multiple limitless worlds of D&D became hopelessly enamored.

Chainmail Bikini
This chic chainmail is finely crafted from a mithral, adamantine and silver alloy for maximal protection and maneuverability. The armor provides as much protection as a chain shirt but with a maximum Dex bonus of 8, no armor check penalty and no arcane spell failure chance. The armor is lighter than most and weighs only 10 lb.

Variations of the original model are trimmed with fur to afford protection against bitter chill and exude an enchantment similar to a ring of warmth.
Adventurers who opt for salacious and beguiling over practical can purchase chainmail bikinis molded from enchanted crystal or glass that tease rather than exhibit, showing nothing but giving the impression of having shown something/all.

Adventurers wearing enchanted crystal or glass chainmail bikinis have a 1d100 (1 in 50) chance of influencing others as though a charm person spell cast by a 12th level sorcerer.

These variations are more and much more expensive than the standard conventional chainmail bikini.

Epic Chainmail Bikini
Rumors whisper of artifacts of sublime protection and great beauty. These epic chainmail bikinis afford as much protection as full plate and heavy steel shield combined with no limit to maximum Dex bonus, no armor check penalty and no arcane spell failure chance.
Wearers of these exceptional artifacts have a 1d100 (1 in 20 to 1 in 10) chance of influencing others as though a dominate monster spell cast by a 20th level sorcerer. Wearers of ravishing attractiveness (Cha 18+) have a 1d00 (1 in 6) chance of influencing victims.

Not surprisingly, forgeries of the epic chainmail bikinis are also a hot commodity. Potential buyers should always inspect the stamp of authenticity: "Epic Inside."
:biggrin:

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 11:45 AM
I approve. Although if this was ever used in a game, the no spell failure chance would mean every wizard would be wearing one. Even the male ones. :smalleek:

Zenos
2007-12-09, 11:48 AM
I approve. Although if this was ever used in a game, the no spell failure chance would mean every wizard would be wearing one. Even the male ones. :smalleek:

A reason so many elves are wizards:smallbiggrin: . They like wierd clothing, if you've ever watched the Lodoss war anime. Just look at Deedlit.

Alex12
2007-12-09, 12:33 PM
There's actually a book with rules for Chainmail Bikinis. There are a number of different types of them, there are new feats (Anatomically Over-Endowed gives a +1 bonus to AC when wearing underwear armor, for instance)

I have the PDF on my hard drive. That actually freaks me out a bit.

Amiel
2007-12-09, 11:54 PM

A reason so many elves are wizards:smallbiggrin: . They like wierd clothing, if you've ever watched the Lodoss war anime. Just look at Deedlit.

Sweeet. :smallcool: . Awesome.

It's meant to be an all purpose apparel designed with most classes and prestige classes in mind. So, yes, it may prove to be as popular with wizards and "bookish types" as fighters and/or rogues. I can and do see a Rouge wearing this. It'd probably be purchased as much for the sex appeal as the protection afforded by the alloy and craftsmanship.

I hope and pray to all that is good and holy that male adventurers don't decide to...experiment and don a pair. If they were that way inclined, they'll have to settle for the chainmail broadshorts or the chainmail speedos. Hopefully not the speedos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedo_%28suit_style%29); in Aussie slang, they're known as budgie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgerigar) smugglers.

There's actually a book with rules for Chainmail Bikinis. There are a number of different types of them, there are new feats (Anatomically Over-Endowed gives a +1 bonus to AC when wearing underwear armor, for instance)

I have the PDF on my hard drive. That actually freaks me out a bit.

Heh.

Wouldn't Anatomically Over-Endowed provide a bonus to flotation and buoyancy?

Roderick_BR
2007-12-11, 11:59 AM
Behold! The chainmail bikini clad ogre mage :smallbiggrin:

In the Macho Woman with Guns game, you can get a flaw called "big chested" or something, that gives you an additional attack/defense penalty against creatures smaller than you, because you can't see them well when they are right at your front... :smallamused: