PDA

View Full Version : Q:What is the nastiest, toughest, and deadliest costume creature you have ever seen?

Kayoden Usoden
2007-12-10, 11:52 AM
I read all three of the monster manuals, the epic players handbook, and savage species.

Then I had the thought, “I wonder how many templates I can put on one monster.”

The CR for this joker is 60+ with ONE HD… so I gave hit 500d12 HD just to be overkill

Finale CR: 600~700 (I never did find out what it was d:P)

Xefas
2007-12-10, 12:05 PM
I believe The Mortiverse (http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2873260&postcount=1) has 1,584,563,250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000d1000 HD, and is CR 264,093,876,000,000,000,000,000,058,608.

Yakk
2007-12-10, 01:55 PM
The one HD CR 60 creature: would it be a challenge to (say) a L 10 wizard or cleric?

Kurald Galain
2007-12-10, 06:01 PM
This one... (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=9780)

Hyfigh
2007-12-10, 06:17 PM
Pun-Pun FTW.

brian c
2007-12-10, 06:25 PM
I read all three of the monster manuals, the epic players handbook, and savage species.

Then I had the thought, “I wonder how many templates I can put on one monster.”

The CR for this joker is 60+ with ONE HD… so I gave hit 500d12 HD just to be overkill

Finale CR: 600~700 (I never did find out what it was d:P)

I'm confused... are you saying you applied a bunch of templates to a monster? If so, what is it? Or are you saying you found someone else's work, and if so link please?

Hyfigh
2007-12-10, 06:39 PM
I'm confused... are you saying you applied a bunch of templates to a monster? If so, what is it? Or are you saying you found someone else's work, and if so link please?

It appears the actual question to respond to is the name of the thread itself. His post seems to be his account of the most powerful creature he has seen.

brian c
2007-12-10, 07:32 PM
It appears the actual question to respond to is the name of the thread itself. His post seems to be his account of the most powerful creature he has seen.

Well then I'd like to know what that creature is.

Anyway, the most outrageously templated creature would be something with Pseudonatural and Paragon. Those are both +15. Here's my attempt, with templates listed in order of application. For semi-reality, I'm restricting myself to one Half- template.

Feral Wear-Bear(natural) Half-Dragon Fiendish Celestial Paragon Pseudonatural X (where X is a base creature, must be humanoid, preferably Large-sized).

You get a total CR adjustment of +42 or so, and a crapload of abilities.

shadowdemon_lord
2007-12-11, 05:58 AM
haha, the mortiverse makes more mortiverses, that's priceless. Not only is it the size of a galaxy (with enough reach to threaten the galaxy next door), it makes more! It does so contantly to. Not only that but it has immunity to "matter from this universe" and "magic from this universe". Seriously, wtf?

Inyssius Tor
2007-12-11, 09:48 AM
Personally, I'm a fan of Dustform Incarnate Construct creatures, when applied in that order and before any other templates.

The Dustform template, from Sandstorm, makes any creature into a construct--and gives a few other little goodies, including a number of ability increases.

The Incarnate Construct template, from Savage Species, makes any construct into a humanoid (or Giant, if larger than Medium)--it takes away everything cool about the original monster except for the monster's ability scores, which it increases.

The really cool thing? Dustform increases the creature's CR by two. Incarnate Construct cuts the creature's CR in half.

Kayoden Usoden
2007-12-12, 12:09 PM

ok, let me try that again..... most power full i have seen, that i did not make my self. (that can be used in a game and killed)

i was a REALLY EFFING huge snake that my sister made....
100d100 HD and we blew it to hell with high explosives.... from the inside (^_^)

Kayoden Usoden
2007-12-12, 12:15 PM
Well then I'd like to know what that creature is.

Anyway, the most outrageously templated creature would be something with Pseudonatural and Paragon. Those are both +15. Here's my attempt, with templates listed in order of application. For semi-reality, I'm restricting myself to one Half- template.

Feral Wear-Bear(natural) Half-Dragon Fiendish Celestial Paragon Pseudonatural X (where X is a base creature, must be humanoid, preferably Large-sized).

You get a total CR adjustment of +42 or so, and a crapload of abilities.

i don't know what it is... most likely a native outsider/abberration thing...

CartesianDaemon
2007-12-12, 12:31 PM
And look at the hide skill on that gorram thing!

Wizard: What the hell was that?
Fighter: What was what?
Wizard: What do you mean, what was what? The galaxy-destroying armageddon! The thing that just hit me for 1x10^30[+INFINITY] damage? That's larger than the universe? That takes up your entire field of view?
Fighter: *shrug*
Wizard: You really didn't see anything?
Fighter: No, wait...
Fighter: I think I failed a spot check.
Wizard: No duh.
DM: Roll initiative.

brian c
2007-12-12, 02:39 PM
i don't know what it is... most likely a native outsider/abberration thing...

... I still don't understand. Did you actually see this monster's stats? Or did you just fight it in game and your DM told you what the CR is?

Telonius
2007-12-12, 03:01 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what a costume creature is. :smallconfused: A shapeshifter, maybe something from a LARP?

Reinboom
2007-12-12, 03:06 PM
haha, the mortiverse makes more mortiverses, that's priceless. Not only is it the size of a galaxy (with enough reach to threaten the galaxy next door), it makes more! It does so contantly to. Not only that but it has immunity to "matter from this universe" and "magic from this universe". Seriously, wtf?

Er, not exactly galaxy.
Its reach extends more than 40 times the width of our known universe.

Mewtarthio
2007-12-12, 03:08 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what a costume creature is. :smallconfused: A shapeshifter, maybe something from a LARP?

Am I the only person who saw this thread and immediately thought about a "Cosplayed Creature" template?

SurlySeraph
2007-12-12, 09:58 PM

Ayup. It would be much fairer if it said which universe it meant, and how magic would be defined as being from a certain universe. I mean, if you went to a different plane and memorized spells there, would those spells count as being from a different universe? Would it not be immune to matter taken out of the Abyss? Vagueness leads to unfairness.

Plus, the "immune to magic from this universe" negated the only way I could think of to kill it, which was to spam Undeath to Death until it rolls a one.

Icewalker
2007-12-12, 10:28 PM
Well, if it's immune to all damage from this universe, take some damage form an alternate universe, ie the anti-universe, ie the antimatter cheese. :smalltongue:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-12-12, 10:34 PM
I believe The Mortiverse (http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2873260&postcount=1) has 1,584,563,250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000d1000 HD, and is CR 264,093,876,000,000,000,000,000,058,608.

The fact that someone actually has the time to create such a creature is depressing to me.

Draz74
2007-12-12, 10:41 PM
Here's my attempt, with templates listed in order of application. For semi-reality, I'm restricting myself to one Half- template.

Oh come on. Even with SRD-only and only one Half-Template, you've got to add the Phrenic template.

Ganurath
2007-12-12, 10:52 PM
The (population of the) Infinite Layers of the Abyss.

herrhauptmann
2007-12-12, 10:52 PM
Am I the only person who saw this thread and immediately thought about a "Cosplayed Creature" template?

No, no you are not. I immediately thought of someone dressing up for a convention too. :)