PDA

View Full Version : [Avatar Project] Leader Voting Thread

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-10, 11:58 AM
Due to the resignation of our former leader Eighth Seraph, we need a new leader to help bring this project to a close. This position comes with a lot of responsibility like any leadership position, except it doesn't look as good on a resume. The leader will be expected to.... keep discussion s moving and prevent major derailment.
keep tabs on all parts of the overall project
have in depth participation in discussions
be firm in resolution and communicate the resolutions sufficiently
keep to the original goals of the project as much as possible
be enthusiastic and willing

With those in mind I open this voting thread for nominations with the following rules:
1 nomination per post
All persons nominated must post whether they accept or decline
No argument over nominations or other comments except reasoning in the nomination post is allowed

Nominations will be closed on Thursday, December 13th at 12-noon EST. The voting will open after that period of time, if there is only a single nomination we will have a simple yes/no vote.

All nominations are in and the voting has begun, please vote only once. Voting will be closed on Monday, December 17th at 12:00-noon. EST.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-10, 11:59 AM
Voting results
{table=head]Nominee|Votes
Lord Tataraus|

Guyr Adamantine|

Mephibosheth|
[/table]

Total votes: 7

Copacetic
2007-12-10, 06:18 PM
I nominate Lord T, for hosting all the playtests and being a general helper and good person.

Partysan
2007-12-11, 12:07 PM
I second that. For the Lord!

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 12:21 PM
*sigh*
Well, I can't say I didn't expect it, but I didn't think it would happen so fast. I have delayed my acceptance or declination because I don't know how to put this, but I'll give it a shot. Firstly, it is an honor and I can't say I don't like the attention. However, I have other projects I am working on and are just as enthusiastic with. Additionally, I'll be having finals in 6 days and afterwards will return home where I don't have constant internet connection, possibly not even daily. I fear that if I take on this position I will let everyone down due to events and circumstances I can't control. Additionally, I fear, even more so, that I would put my other projects first and slack off on this one thereby letting you all down in that way or I would pay more attention to this than to my own projects and have them slip into oblivion. I would have to find a balance between the two and while it is possible I fear I might not get it right.

That being said, I will say that I accept my nomination as project leader, however, I encourage all of you to think this over very carefully before you decide. I hope more nominations will come forward and the voters will have a tough decision. Do not be afraid to nominate anyone, including yourself you have no reason to be ashamed. Once again, I thank you for this honor and I will accept, albeit reluctantly.

- Lord Tataraus

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 12:24 PM
I would like to nominate Guyr Adamantine. He is enthusiastic and prime participant, though possibly less known judging by his contributions and enthusiasm I am confident he would make a good leader.

Guyr Adamantine
2007-12-11, 02:29 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/GuyrAdamantine/poster2147448.jpg
Thanks Lord Tartaraus!

Vadin
2007-12-11, 02:53 PM
Deleted, as this was assumed to also be voting (hence the name of the thread)

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 03:06 PM
I'd like to throw my lot in with Guyr Adamantine as well. Though perhaps not the be-all end-all of posters (no megaprojects as of yet), he certainly appears dedicated and knowledgeable.

While I'm sure your support is appreciated this thread is reserved for nominations only. Guyr Adamantine has already been nominated so this post is irrelevant to the topic at hand. If you wish to discuss the various nominations, you are free to create a thread to do so.

ErrantX
2007-12-11, 07:07 PM
Well, I for one will nominate Mephibosheth for project leader. As the originator of the first version of this project and a major contributor, I think that he'd be a great person to run this current version of the project.

-X

Mephibosheth
2007-12-12, 11:22 AM
Well, I for one will nominate Mephibosheth for project leader. As the originator of the first version of this project and a major contributor, I think that he'd be a great person to run this current version of the project.

-X

Wow, thanks! I'm honored. *blushes*

I will accept the nomination, though (like Lord T) I feel the need to make a few caveats. Time is not nearly as much of an issue for me as it is for Lord T and Eighth_Seraph. I'll be finished with my undergrad degree in a few weeks and I'm not diving into grad school quite yet. My caveat is more of an ideological one; specifically, I am a bit less interested in expanding this project beyond the demonstrated avatarverse than other participants seem to be. Don't get me wrong, I won't oppose every addition that isn't explicitly present in the avatarverse, but I will be relatively rigerous in my application of the show as a standard for what should be included.

That said, I happily accept the nomination.

Mephibosheth

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-14, 12:09 PM
So for the lateness of this post, but I was busy. This thread is now open for voting. Voting will be closed on Monday, December 17th at 12:00-noon. EST.

You may vote for (in no particular order):
Lord Tataraus
Guyr Adamantine
Mephibosheth

Dragonus45
2007-12-14, 12:22 PM
I vote Mephibosheth, while i havn't done much overall for the project I have followed it avidly and i agree with his philosophy of keeping real to the show.

ErrantX
2007-12-14, 12:56 PM
I must support my nominee, I also vote for Mephibosheth.

-X

Vadin
2007-12-14, 04:52 PM
Guyr Adamantine, up-and-coming young rabble rouser for the win!

Eighth_Seraph
2007-12-14, 05:00 PM
My vote goes, hands down, to Mephibosheth. While both he and Lord Tataraus have served to balance my faults in the past, I saw what happened to the project when my time started to run short, and I don't want that same rush to get everything done to be put upon someone who's reluctant to take it. That and Meph's philosophy of being true to the show was a major factor that stopped the system from deteriorating into element-based truenaming.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-14, 05:14 PM
Well, I've waited long enough, I'll cast my vote for Guyr and stand by my nomination.

Guyr Adamantine
2007-12-14, 05:55 PM
Can I vote for myself? I guess it would be logic.

Then I do!

Uthug
2007-12-14, 09:55 PM
Well since Lord Tataraus doesn't want to be voted in, I shall cast my vote for Mephibosheth, you just can't deny the amount of work and dedication he has put into this project, and I think that being the leader won't be much of a priviledge but more of a burden, and I think he's the one to shoulder it.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-17, 08:05 AM
The voting is almost done. If you have not voted, please do so. No votes after 12:00 EST will be counted.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-17, 12:30 PM
The polls are closed and the votes are in!

Congratulations Mephibosheth!!

Mephibosheth
2007-12-18, 12:12 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/GuyrAdamantine/poster11288901.jpg
Demotivator by the amazing Guyr Admantine!

*clears throat* Wow, where did that come from.

Anyway, thanks a lot, everyone. People are amazingly dedicated to this project, and the quality of content is incredible. I'm just happy to be a part of it. I'll do my best to guide and facilitate. Hopefully we can produce a final product that really lives up to the show's high standard.

Edit: In celebration of my election, I figured I should post something substantive. Check out these new seeds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3674694&postcount=797)!

Mephibosheth