PDA

View Full Version : Need help for a LBEG.

PhallicWarrior
2007-12-12, 12:17 PM
That's Little-Bad-Evil-Guy, the phrase I use for minibosses. I want to make him a half-ogre who leads the invasion of the city. He'll be 7th level to the PC's 5th, and...well, that's it. My problem is that I can't find stats for a half ogre, and making him a half-orc won't jive, because the guard captain's son whom the PCs have befriended is a half orc too.

Redpieper
2007-12-12, 12:20 PM
http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Templates.pdf

I believe it is listed here :smallsmile:

Wooter
2007-12-12, 12:39 PM
I don't get it. He can't ba a Half-Orc because you alreday have a Good Half-Orc?

So would you be unable to have Evil Humans if you already have Good Humans?

Dode
2007-12-12, 12:41 PM
The Half-Ogre entry is in Savage Species.

PhallicWarrior
2007-12-12, 12:45 PM
I don't get it. He can't ba a Half-Orc because you alreday have a Good Half-Orc?

So would you be unable to have Evil Humans if you already have Good Humans?

I misposted. I'm just looking for some diversity in my NPC's. Besides, The enemy needs to be much nastier than a Half-Orc or even a full Orc could be. I'm drawing my inspiration from Ajax of The Illiad, a huge warrior who can't really be stopped by anyone.

Edit: Thanks, Redpieper.

Chrismith
2007-12-12, 12:48 PM
The 3.5 half-ogre race is in Races of Destiny. The template in the pdf posted above looks different, and Savage Species is 3.0 (though I don't think the half-ogre was changed for 3.5, except for the LA).

Amiria
2007-12-12, 12:50 PM
The Half-Ogre entry is in Savage Species.

That's outdated 3.0. The 3.5 version is in Races of Destiny. And since that version isn't a template it isn't in the Templates PDF but in the Races PDF (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Races.pdf)

Simued ... but well, there is a significant difference as I pointed out ... no more a template.

PhallicWarrior
2007-12-12, 11:10 PM
OK, thanks to you too Amira.

osyluth
2007-12-13, 12:07 AM
The "half" races and templates always disturb me. Especially if one race is larger then the other. :eek: