PDA

View Full Version : D6, D20, or saga

Shraik
2007-12-12, 02:36 PM
For those avid Star Wars Rpg fans, what is your favorite system?
I enjoy d6 because it adds the more realistic nature that Star Wars needs. I also enjoy running it becuase it is hard to Munchkin(except concentration). Its roleplay heavy and can't really be played with numbers alone.

Emperor Demonking
2007-12-13, 12:53 PM
Saga: It allows for more customisation

Holocron Coder
2007-12-13, 01:06 PM
I only have experience with d20 and Saga, but of those two, I enjoy Saga more by far :smallbiggrin:

Divine Storm
2007-12-13, 01:10 PM
I've had only limited experience with d20 and just ran the first session of a saga game last weekend, but as far as rules go I'm growing quite fond of saga quite quickly. Plus it helps that I have a group more interested in roleplay than by the rules dice rolling, so that might play a big part in my preference this time around as well.

Shraik
2007-12-13, 01:48 PM
I would have thought more people have played D6, Bummer.
Well its really something good that i suggest trying if yor a fan

Telok
2007-12-13, 02:04 PM
D6

Although do note that I have not played Saga or the D20 versions. Most D20 games remind me way too much of D&D with guns/lasers/other. That may be because I own more different RPGs than I own books for any one single game.

The system influences the gameplay, and my feel for Star Wars just isn't right with a level based system.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-13, 02:26 PM
The system influences the gameplay, and my feel for Star Wars just isn't right with a level based system.

Despite Jedi being divided into three levels (padawan, knight, master) in canon? Or the general power increase throughout the films?

Okay, so d20 doesn't work so well (In Attack of the Clones Dooku would have made mincemeat out of the below level 7 Anakin) but levels themselves can be seen to work in Star Wars.

Satyr
2007-12-13, 03:24 PM
D6.

Thwere is nothing greater than throwing 18 dice to determine someone's insane maneuver success.

And I think that every game profits from a lack of classes and levels.