PDA

View Full Version : The Grinder Group 3



Sxoa
2007-12-16, 01:19 PM
You find yourself standing in the basement, finding the secret entrance to the Grinder after a long journey has brought you here. You do not know what perils and horrors await you, but the promise of power is great. You all have your own reasons for being here, but you all stand ready to take the plunge.

Before you stands a large opalescent sphere, the portal entrance to grinder.

Where you are now matters far less than where you are going to be. You might be in the city of doors or somewhere else.

Some rules of posting:
I'd like you to put the first part of the post in character. Put necessary dice rolls and what not in a spoiler box. See Belial the Leveler's Dungeonkeeper fight threads for an example if you don't understand.

Post a link to your character sheet, and your statblock(s) in your first post.

Most of your rolls do; sometimes though I'll be rolling for you if you're not aware of something.

Uhhh, that's all I can think of right now, but if I change anything I'll put it in the post where I change it and here.


Good luck!

javcs
2007-12-16, 03:34 PM
I draw my greataxe and sniff the air, checking for anything besides my comrades.
The Grinder. Let's see wot it's got. Is the door trapped?

OOC: Sheet link and Stat-blocks in spoilers within.

sheet ('http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=5789').
Gor'thok's Normal Stats

Gor'thok
Minotaur Barbarian 2 Warhulk 8
Chaotic Neutral; Monstrous Humanoid
+7 Initiative; Scent, Darkvision 60ft, Spot +6, Listen +6
Languages
Common, Giant
_____________________________
AC 26, touch 16, flat-footed -; Natural Cunning, Uncanny Dodge (never flat-footed)
(+5 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +5 Natural, +3 Deflection, +1 Insight)
226 (6d8+10d12 HD);
Immune maze, becoming lost
Fort +24, Ref +14, Will +13
______________________________
Speed 40ft;
Melee Greataxe +27 3d6+26 19-20/x3, Gore +27 1d8+17, Spiked Gauntlet +27 1d6+18
Full Attack Greataxe +27/+27/+22 3d6+26 10-20/x3 and Gore +22 1d8+17
Ranged thrown rock +27 2d8+17
Full Attack thrown rock +27/+22 2d8+17
10ft Space/10ft Reach
Base Atk +8/+3; Grapple +29/24
Atk Options: Power Attack, Great Cleave, Mighty Swing, Massive Sweeping Boulder
Special Actions: Powerful Charge (+27 4d6+25), Awesome Blow
______________________________
Abilities Str 45, Dex 16, Con 26, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 12
Special Qualities: Rage 1/day, Natural Cunning, Scent, No Time to Think
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Awesome Blow, Improved Initiative
Skills: Climb +27, Intimidate +13, Jump +31, Listen +6, Spot +6, Swim +27
_______________________________
Equipment: +1 ghost touch keen large adamantine Greataxe of speed, +1 ghost touch mithral chain shirt, +1 adamantine spiked gauntlet, +1 parrying adamantine spiked gauntlet, skin of the hero, ring of freedom of movement, explorer's outfit



Buffs

Conviction: +5 morale bonus to saves
Shield of Faith: +5 Deflection bonus to AC
Magic Vestment: +5 Enhancment to Armor and Shields
Ebon Eyes: See in magical darkness
Heroe's Feast: Immune to Poison/Fear, +1morale to attack bonus
GMW (+5 Weapon)

Buffed Stats. Blue text is changes.

+7 Initiative; Scent, Darkvision 60ft, See in magical darkness, Spot +6, Listen +6
_____________________________
AC 33, touch 18, flat-footed -; Natural Cunning, Uncanny Dodge (never flat-footed)
(+9 Armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +5 Natural, +5 Deflection, +1 Insight)
226 (6d8+10d12 HD);
Immune maze, becoming lost, Poison/Fear
Fort +29, Ref +19, Will +18
______________________________
Speed 40ft;
Melee Greataxe +32 3d6+30 19-20/x3, Gore +28 1d8+17, Spiked Gauntlet +28 1d6+18
Full Attack Greataxe +32/+32/+23 3d6+30 19-20/x3 and Gore +23 1d8+17
Ranged thrown rock +28 2d8+17
Full Attack thrown rock +28/+23 2d8+17
10ft Space/10ft Reach
Base Atk +8/+3; Grapple +29/24
Atk Options: Power Attack, Great Cleave, Mighty Swing, Massive Sweeping Boulder
Special Actions: Powerful Charge (+28 4d6+25), Awesome Blow
______________________________
Abilities Str 45, Dex 16, Con 26, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 12
Special Qualities: Rage 1/day, Natural Cunning, Scent, No Time to Think


Changes when in Rage

Lasts for 13 rounds, then fatigued
+2 attack and +3 damage to greataxe and Powerful Charge
+2 attack and +2 damage to all other attacks, gore, spiked gauntlets, and thrown rocks.
+2 to Climb, Jump, and Swim Checks
+32 HP for 258 HP
+2 to Fortitude Saves
+2 to Constitution based Checks
+2 Morale bonus to Will Saves

Paladin Latham
2007-12-16, 04:54 PM
Mr. Stabby (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2341)

Taking a final sip of tea, Mr. Stabby says "Alright chap, leave it to me." before putting his kettle and tea cup away. He then proceeds to check the door.

Checking for traps: Search [roll]1d20+18[/search]. <- woops (I rolled a 28 in the OOC thread)
If he finds any: Disable Device [roll0]

Provided he doesn't find any traps he will nod to the group, wait for buffing spells, then when the group is ready he will activate his Ring of Invisibility and Hide (whilst moving silently) into the portal

Hide [roll1]
Move Silently [roll2]

If necessary:
Fort Save [roll3]
Reflex Save [roll4] (with +5 from trap sense)
Will Save [roll5]

Edit: I'll roll that search check again in the OOC thread. Sorry...

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-16, 05:09 PM
Ashierie Softpads

Appearing from seemingly nowhere (even to the minotaur's keen sense of smell), comes a half-sized figure, far more slender then a halfling. Twirling a small adamantine and oddly intricate mace, Ash reaches to his belt and swaps the crystal in the hilt for another one, before depositing it in a belt loop. His dark exceedingly supple leather armor makes not a move as his glossomar wings blur, holding him in place. He still has no scent, and while his skin is the exceedingly pale green of a fey, it's mottled with red and his hair is streaked with light blue. Shifting, he summons flames which surround his form, and concentrate in his hands. Tossing them from hand to hand in an intricate juggling act, he asks aloud "Why not just blast it?" Under his armor, a semisold blue material can be glimpsed, the same coloration is found if anyone takes the time to inspect his boots. The interior of the black cloak draped over him, in between the wings can be seen as a shimmering waterfall of stars hung frozen in each place, each one seeming to glow, but at as bright as the two crystalline disks on the back of the pixie's gauntlets as he juggles the hellfire. He stands there juggling fire for a second, then all of a sudden a blast of fire similar to the flame he was juggling smashes into him, oblitherating all traces of him.

He reappears a few feet away, grinning mischeviously and holding up his left hand, around which the hellfire swirls ominously before he closes it into a fist, and the glow on the back of his bracers fades away. Whereupon, bored already, he flies up higher and asks Gor'thok "Care to wrestle a fall or two while we wait for the others to ready themselves?"

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=34418

He goes by the name 'Ash'.

Ash(ierie) Softpads
Blooded One Pixie of minor Air Elemental Bloodline Swordsage2/Warlock5/Swordsage1/Hellfire Warlock3/Bloodline Level/Swordsage1
Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral; Fey
Initiative +17; Senses: Low light vision, Blindsense 30ft.
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Infernal
_____________________________
AC 36, touch 30, flat-footed 24; relevant feats: Dodge. Relevant special abilities: Hellfire Shield, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge
(the break down of AC: 10+3 armor+12 dex+1 size+3 natural+7untyped (swordsage wis to AC))
Miss Chance: 50% (Invis) for Ranged: 20% (Entropic Warding)
hp: 96 (12 hitdice); DR (10/cold iron, 1/cold iron)
Immune: Mundane Ranged Attacks, Mundane Melee Attacks, all harmful vapors and gases, need to breathe, need to eat/drink.
Resist: Fire 10, DC 15 reflex for magical weapons to negate, DR 1 for ability damage, 1/day Death Effect/Negative Energy effect.
SR 28
Fort +11 , Ref +17 , Will +21
______________________________
Speed 20ft, fly 60ft (good); Relevant Feats: Flyby Attack, Hover
Melee: Warlock's Scepter +24 (17d6+5) or +22 Eldrich Glaive (16d6) (+24/+19) or (+22/+17)
Ranged +23 Hellfire Blast (16d6) (90ft) (+23/+18)
Space/Reach 5ft/5ft (10ft with Eldrich Glaive, 15 with Eldrich glaive and Burning Brand)
Base Atk +9; Grapple +7
Atk Options: Combat Reflexes, Maneuvers
Special Actions: War Cry, Maneuvers, Stances, Invocations, Decieve Item, Detect Magic
______________________________
Abilities Str: 14, Dex: 34, Con: 21, Int: 18, Wis: 24, Cha: 23
Special Qualities: Greater Invisibility, Hellfire Infusion, SLAs
Feats: Dodge (b), Combat Reflexes (b), Flyby Attack, Hover, Improved Initiative (b), Weapon Finesse, Adaptive Style, Shape Soulmeld (Strongheart Vest), Shape Soulmeld (Impulse Boots -Feet), Open Least Chakra (flaw bonus), Darkstalker (flaw bonus).
Skills: Balance +15, Bluff +18, Escape Artist +16, Hide +33, Intimidate +12, Listen +7, Move Silently +29, Search +7, Spellcraft +10, Spot +7, Tumble +14, Use Magic Device +10, Knowledge Arcana +5, Knowledge The Planes +19
_______________________________
Equipment:
Belt of Magnificence +6 (Miniatures Handbook)
Bracers of Fell Power, Greater (Chausible from Complete Arcane)
Starmantle Cloak (Book of Exhaulted Deeds) and Resistance +1
Horizon Goggles (CMage)
Gauntlets of Heartfelt blows and of the Master Strategist (Ghostwalk) (Dust of Sneezing & Choking within)
Necklace of Adaptation
Ring of Darkhidden (Magic Item Compendium) and Ring of Sustenance
Silent Portal Disk
Wand of Assay Spell resistance (CL 7) 5 charges
Wand of Orb of Force (CL 10) 20 charges
Staff of Vigor, Greater (CL 9) 7 charges
Wand of Vigor, Lesser (CL 1) 50 charges (x3)
Wand of Benign Transposition (CL) 20 charges (110 feet)
Wand of Cure Minor (CL 1) 35 charges
Wand of Prestadigitation (CL 1) 10 charges

Nightscale Armor (Underdark) +1 of Light Fortification, Deathward, and Nimbleness
Armor Crystal: Bent Sight

Warlocks Scepter (Magic Item Compendium version)
Weapon Crystals x2. 1 allows to draw as if with Quickdraw (slotted in whenever not in hand, most often Scepter is in hand) the other, +1 damage while channeling eldrich blast.

500gp spent on materials for Blooded One immersion bath.

Standard Adventuerer's kit.
Ghost Oil
Alchemist's Spark
Sugar Bomb x3
Good Ale x9

_______________________________
Invocations:
Flee the Scene
Eldrich Glaive
Brimstone Blast
Entropic Warding
Voidsense
Hideous Blow
Eldrich Cone
_______________________________

Spell-like Abilities: (all 1/day)
Lesser Confusion (DC:17)
Dancing lights
Detect Evil
Detect Good
Detect Chaos
Detect Law
Detect Thoughts (DC: 18)
Dispel magic
Entangle (DC: 17)
Permanent image (DC:22)
_______________________________

War Cry (Ex): Let out a warcry, free action. For 2d4 rounds, all Blooded Ones within 30ft get +1 to attack and damage.
_______________________________
Maneuvers:

Desert Wind:
Burning Brand Swift action, +5ft, damage = fire.
Leaping Flame: Immediate action, Teleport next to someone who attacked. Move up to 100ft.
Zephyr Dance: +4 AC (immediate Action)

Setting Sun
Comet Throw: Standard Action, Trip attack, +8 to dex check for it, throw them 10ft, and they fall prone and take 4d6, every 5 won by can be another 5ft. Can throw into occupied square. One thrown at gets reflex save DC 16 for 1/2 instead of 4d6 and not them prone as well.


Shadow Hand
Shadow Stride: 50ft teleport as move action.


Stone Dragon:
Elder Mountain Hammer: standard action, +6d6 damage overcomes DR and hardness
Bonesplitting Strike: standard action, +2 con damage on attack.
Mountain Hammer: standard action, +2d6 damage, overcomes DR and hardness
Overwhelming Mountain Strike: standard action, +2d6 damage, fort save DC 16 or lose move action.

Assassin's Stance: +2d6 sneak attack
Shifting Defense: Free five foot step each attack made against. Each uses an AoO.

javcs
2007-12-16, 06:01 PM
Gor'thok

Shaking my head, I grunt, Haven't you learned better by now, Ash?.
Pulling out an amorphous blob of ectoplasm, I mutter under my breath, sending it flowing across my body.
You can't drop me, even with your tricks.

Bronz
2007-12-16, 06:16 PM
A small, seemingly very fragile Three comes floating in on his cushion of air. He looks to the door, then to the rest of the group, and figures they can get it open without him and says nothing.

OOC: Three's spells are nearly picked for known. Only that and stat block left to put together. Will edit into this first post when done.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-16, 07:02 PM
Ash

Matching Gor'thok's glance with a steely glare, Ash attempts to initiate a duel of wills before the wrestling breaks out. As he hovers in the air, the pixie keeps the hellfire raging around him, in order to gain the time to match glares before the powerful minotaur leaps.


Duel of wills is in Tome of Battle. Page 27. You can Submit, Ignore the Challange, or Participate. However, you know from previous battles, that those who hit/grab at the pixie when he doesn't want to be grabbed at are met with a blast of hellfire that automatically strikes them, and even then, most often thier swings/grabs miss. He's surpressed it before for wrestling matches, and seems to rely entirely on tricks when wrestling, for without them, you easily pin him.

IF you choose to participate, roll your intimidate check, THEN check this spoiler box. [roll0] Aiming for DC 15, if you ignore the challange.

javcs
2007-12-16, 07:18 PM
Gor'thok

Bring it, little one.
I meet Ashes glare with one of my own.


[roll0] A natural 1! WTF?! Of all the ...
Still, you still need at least 14 to drop him if I get another 1 on the check, when you use the maneuver. Without the maneuver, you can't.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-16, 08:03 PM
Ash

Holding up three slender fingers, Ash counts out "Dropping Hellfire in 3, 2, 1" as he drops his fingers one by one. Foregoing the chance to gain an unfair upper hand, he counts out, and after one, the flames of the hellfire surrounding him withdraw back inside him as his hands curl to fists, and he tenses to spring.

[roll0] I have a +20 to my check with the maneuver. I figure I chuck you into a wall (instead of someone) and that should be the end of the fall. Giving up surprise round to prove it's just a friendly competition. So, roll some initiative.

javcs
2007-12-16, 08:26 PM
Gor'thok

So be it.
I shift my weight to better toss Ash back when he tries to grab me.


Initiative [roll0]
+20? Oh, right, Dex check. I was thinking grapple. My bad. Hold up, -4 for being Small, make that a +16, and checking the actual maneuver, it's a +4 bonus on the ability check, not a +8 ... making it +12.
Gor'thok is large, so +4, +17 for Strength ... that's +21 being tripped by a +12 ... in other words not likely.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-16, 09:46 PM
Ash

Seeing Gor'thok bracing against him, Ash starts to move forward and darkness spirals in, engulfing him, then dissipates.

A second later he strides out of the shadow at Gor'thok's back, leaning in to grab him in an attempt at a throw.


[roll0]
[roll1]

You're right, my bad. I didn't read tripping rules, and when reading the maneuver, I think I read a line of the one next to it 'If you are of a smaller size category you use leverage, misdirection, and trickery to gain a +4 bonus on your dexterity check (if you use that option). C'mon board rollers! I know you hate me, but let the pixie chuck the minotaur into the wall!

javcs
2007-12-16, 09:53 PM
Gor'thok

I accept the hit, and haul back on Ash, seeking to counter the pixies agility with brute force.


The board rollers hate you? I rolled a nat 1 on that intimidate check.

C'mon, let's put the pixie on his butt.
[roll0]

WHAT THE *&#!%*#@!%!!!!! Gor'thok is several hundred pounds outside of Ash's drag limit and he gets tossed into a wall?!

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-16, 10:08 PM
Ash

The deceptive maneuver turned out to be exactly the trick needed, as Ash appears behind Gor'thok and wrapping his tiny fingers around the minotaur's thick leg, one hand to each side as they won't even wrap around, then throwing his entire body into the roll and flapping his wings mid-roll for added emphasis, he hurls the relative giant ten feet through the air into the dungeon wall. During the entire encounter, a look of intense concentration is on the little pixie's face, and oddly enough, the gems on the back of his gauntlets shed no light at all.

After Gor'thok cracks into the wall, Ash is over there as quickly as he can, trying to help him up. "Are you ok? Sheeze, shouldn't have thrown you into the wall. I just have this overpowering need to make a name for myself sometimes. Shouldn't do it off your bruised ribs."

[roll0] Deliberatly not applying the +6 fire damage, and if possible, reducing the 4d6 damage to 4.

Edit: Accidentally forgot all the bonuses I got from Duel of Wills. Not that it really matters.

Paladin Latham
2007-12-16, 10:10 PM
Mr. Stabby

Mr. Stabby chuckles "I never tire of adventuring with you two. Its never boring" as he continues his work searching the portal.

javcs
2007-12-16, 10:24 PM
Gor'thok

I must be off today. That's for sure, Stabby. I shake my head as I grab at Ash.


[roll0] Melee touch to initiate a grapple. as Ash has no weapons in hand, he doesn't get an AoO. If it misses, it shouldn't, I only need a 3, I try again [roll1].
If either one hits, the opposed grapple check is [roll2]. I win on a natural 1, even if Ash gets a 20, because 30 (my lowest possible) is greater than 27 (Ash's highest possible).
If the first attempt succeeds, I attempt to pin Ash, with another opposed grapple check. [roll3]

Edit: Finally, some good rolls. Haha, Ash just got owned.

Bronz
2007-12-16, 10:51 PM
OOC:

Can you guys let me know what spells you would like from the divine side as buffs? Anything under level 3 can be chained and reach Metamagicked, and on the divine side I have a limit of 2 spells that can be persisted. One persist is used for a personal buff :smallwink:

I should have the spell list done either tonight or tomorrow.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-16, 10:54 PM
Ash

So as his huge hand goes to close on him, Ash snaps out with one of his gauntlets and forces the minotaur to relinquish his grip. As the tiny fist comes out to parry the blow, the gems on the backs blaze a bright red, glowing as bright as flames, and the little fist even burns as it smacks the much-larger hand aside.

After the tiny blow, Ash shakes his head at the minotaur "I said a fall didn't I? You fell. Flat on your back. You're lucky I deflected your blow, if I hadn't I would have done the next best thing to break a grapple." And with that, the corona of hellfire blossoms around him. "I can strike with it, even when it's hidden. It took almost all of my concentration to keep from burning you as I threw you. I've told you this before! Why is it you never take the time to think?"

[roll0] [roll1] Gauntlets. AoO. Hits, disrupts grapple. 6 of the damage from the gauntlets is fire. Word o' warnin'. Don't press it, or Ash will show you why he goes by the nickname 'Ash'. 15d6+6 damage is nothing to sneeze at. 8d6 of that will be hellfire, and only 6 of that mundane fire.

Bronz
2007-12-16, 11:02 PM
Three

Both Gortok and Ash here a familiar voice in their heads, and not a soothing one.

"Children, can we focus on the task at hand here please?"

Three then brings his lute out from his robe, and begins to play a soft tune, hoping to bring the tempers down from his dangerous friends.


Perform check for fun
[roll0]
Now that's a helluva show.

javcs
2007-12-16, 11:23 PM
Gor'thok

Once. You said 2 falls. Stick to what you say. I growl as I stand up, sticking 1 finger then 2 fingers up.
My job is hacking stuff up. Not thinking.


OOC:

Ash has gauntlets? They're not listed on his sheet.

Don't expect Gor'thok to think overmuch. One of his class features is 'No Time to Think', and look at his mental stats, I'm actually surprised that they're as high as they are.

Greater Magic Weapon and Magic Vestment are good buffs in general for the party, the Vigor spells are also handy. For Gor'thok specifically, if you have something that gave attacks against him a miss chance, or gave him DR, that would be most appreciated, as his AC is not so great.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-16, 11:24 PM
Ash

Ash continues to glower at Gor'thok the flames raging around him, and yet at the same time a second Ash appears in front of Three saying "What took you so long? I can only throw him around for so long before he does something stupid. You know that."

At the same time, the first Ash says to Gor'thok "You're strong, as I've told you before, you're one of the strongest beings I've ever met. What you've yet to learn though, is that strength isn't everything. And I told you one or two. After that brutal throw, I wanted to make sure you weren't hurt."

And with that, both Ashes dissapear from view.

Anyone with See Invis, True Seeing, etc up: He's whirling around, practicing combat styles, invisible a few feet from Three. Everyone else can make a spot check DC: [roll0] to peek in that spoiler. As for buffs level 3 and lower: Magic Vestment is an obvious one (only bought a +1 on my armor for that reason), and two good 10min/level ones that should be of use: Conviction and Ebon Eyes. Personally, I'd like True Seeing if possible, Stoneskin would be nice, and something to give me bonus to deflection and/or natural armor. Ooo, yes. Displacement would be nice here too.

And dude?
Gauntlets of Heartfelt blows and of the Master Strategist (Ghostwalk) (Dust of Sneezing & Choking within) Emphasis mine. Mix of Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows and Gloves of the Master Strategist. Paid to put two in one.

Edit the THIRD: And while I know you have the class feature No Time to Think, Ash doesn't, and hopes that you'll start thinking things out if he shows you the folly of not doing it a few....hundred? thousand? times.

Paladin Latham
2007-12-17, 12:04 AM
Mr. Stabby

"Fey. Melodramatic lot..."

The only buffs I can think of off the top of my head that I'd like are:

Blessed Aim (Spell Compendium, 1st level)
Ebon Eyes (same)
Aid
Shield of Faith
Iron Bones (Spell compendium, 4th level)

And If you can: Revive Undead (its an arcane spell though...)

Sxoa
2007-12-17, 10:35 AM
The air smells of a musty basement and your companions (except for the pixie of course). Mr. Stabby's extremely thorough survey of the portal turns up no traps, and his intuition tells him there are none.
you guys can go in full hit points as long as you're not killing each other outside. You can choose to wait for FF Fanboy or not, as he has not shown up yet (one of you might want to PM him). If you want you can drag his comatose body along with you so that when he does show up he'll be active. Otherwise I'll put him in a different group. Good luck!

Bronz
2007-12-17, 11:15 AM
OOC:

Let's just go ahead without him. Spells done and picked. Only thing left to do is actually putting up the stat block.

List of buffs active on everyone to come, but it has been mentioned


Edit: Mostly done stat block edited in.

Stat block:

Three (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=34788)
Race:Human (7 Bard / 1 Mindbender / 2 UR-Priest / 1 Sublime Chord / 7 Mystic Theurge)
Alignment: Lawful Evil Type: Humanoid(Human)
Initiative: -7
Languages
Common
Abyssal
Infernal
_____________________________
AC: 31 Touch:25 Flatfooted: 31
(10 + 5Deflection(Shield of Faith) +6AC +11Monkbelt -1Dex)
79hp (2d8+8d6+8d4);

Immune
Projectiles and Thrown Weapons (Storm Rage)
Grapple, Web, Entangle etc. (Freedom of Movement via Ring)
No need to eat or drink (Ioun stone)
No need to breathe (Ioun Stone)

Saves:
Fort +17 , Ref +16, Will +39
(Superior Resistance +6resist, Conviction +5morale bonus)
______________________________
Speed: 30', Fly 40' Average (Storm Rage);
Melee: +2 Standard, +2/-3 Full attack, 1d4-3 Dagger or 1d6-3 Unarmed Strike
Ranged: +7 Lightning Touch Attack, 10d6 (Storm Rage)
Space/Reach: 5'
Base Atk: +8; Grapple: +5 (Immune due to Freedom of Movement

Special Qualities:
Rebuke Undead: 16/day
Bardic Music: 8/day
Bardic Knoweledge: +8
Healing Hymn (Alternate Class feature)
Telepathy 100'
Evasion (Ring)
Freedom of Movement (ring)
______________________________
Abilities:
Str 5, Dex 9, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 30, Cha 26

Feats:
Able Learner, Spell Focus(Evil), Iron Will, Silent Spell, Melodic Casting, Extend Spell, Persistant Spell, Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell, Reach Spell, Metamagic Song

Skills
Intimidate +12, Diplomacy +12, Sense Motive +19, Bluff +14, Spellcraft +10, Listen +28, Perform(string instruments) +31, Knoweledge (Arcane) +8, Knoweledge (Religion) +8, Knoweledge (Planes) +7, Profession(Astrology) +16, Concentration +22, Use Magic Device +29
_______________________________
Equipment:
Headband of Leadership (+6wis and +6cha)
Ring of Evasion
Ring of Freedom of Movement
Ring of Enduring Arcana (Active only while buffing in the morning)
Monk's Belt
Bracers of Armor +6
Amulet of Health +4
Portable Hole
-Nice chair, desk, and small bed within, as well as extra sacks and the like
Gray Ioun Stone with Continual Flame
Clear Ioun Stone
Iridescent Ioun Stone
Rod of Chaining (Lesser)
Masterwork Lute
1340GP

Day Long Spells in Effect:
Shield of Faith
Ebon Eyes
Conviction
Heroe's Feast
Divine Insight (+20 on any single skill check)
Resistance, Superior
Stormrage

Cleric Spells for the day: 21 CL

0-Level
Create Water, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor

1-Level
Blessed Aim, Blessed Aim, Lesser Vigor, Obscuring Mist, Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Sanctuary

2-Level
Close Wounds, Divine Insight, Conviction(Extended), Ebon Eyes(Extended), Align Weapn, Darkness, Darkness

3-Level
Know Vulnerabilities, Magic Vestment, Mass Lesser Vigor, Mass Lesser Vigor, Deeper Darkness, Meld into Stone

4-Level
Death Ward, Dismissal, Mass Shield of Faith, Divine Power, Spell Immunity, Inflict Critical Wounds

5-Level
Stone Bones, Greater Command, Slay Living, True Seeing, Greater Blindsight(Extended)

6-Level
Energy Immunity, Superior Resistance, Blade Barrier, Harm, Heroe's Feast

7-Level
Mass Spell Resistance, Fortunate Fate, Greater Dispel Magic(Silent)

8-Level
Storm Rage, Earthquake

9-Level
Miracle


Bard Spells Known/Cast: 8 CL

Castable/day: 3/5/5/5/3
Cast: 0/0/0/0
0-Level
Detect Magic, Mage hand, Mending, Prestididation, Read Magic, Summon Instrument

1-Level
Cure Light Wounds, Charm Person, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Identify

2-Level
Cure Moderate Wounds, Heroism, Mirror Image, Suggestion

3-Level
Cure Serious Wounds, Haste, Major Image


Sublime Chord Spells Known/Cast: 16 CL

Castable/Day:5/5/5/4/3
Cast: 0/0/0/0/0

4-Level
Shadow Conjuration, Polymorph, Assay Spell Resistance, Greater Invisibility

5-Level
Mass Cure Light Wounds, Greater Heroism, Shadow Evocation, Greater Dispel Magic

6-Level
Otto's Irresistable Dance, Repulsion, Find the Path, Flesh to Stone

7-Level
Spell Turning, Greater Shadow Conjuration, Limited Wish

8-Level
Greater Shadow Evocation, Polymorph any Object

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-17, 11:34 AM
OOC Chatter:
Right now we only have: Smashy
Ratty
Burny
Crunchy. We also don't have Tippy. I vote we wait a touch and barrage them, or get subsitutions. Otherwise we're movin' in at 2/3 personelle of the team required.

javcs
2007-12-17, 11:40 AM
OOC:

I have to agree with Seff - this place is trying to kill us. We'll need a full team for the best effects, without a full team, we're probably going to get fubared quickly, unless we specifically rebuilt our characters for maximal synergy.

Sxoa
2007-12-17, 12:23 PM
Ok, you guys can grab anyone who isn't already in a group, or who's joining the group would push it over 6. I think Karsh and Emporer Tippy were a pair, but others can be nabbed individually. But hurry up! I can't wait to maim you folks.

Paladin Latham
2007-12-17, 12:44 PM
OOC:
A team can do worse than be as well-rounded as this. Besides are you worried about your characters dying or something? Lets look the devil in the eye and then decide if help is neccesary.

Bronz
2007-12-17, 12:53 PM
Edit: List of spells on everyone

Conviction: +5 morale bonus to saves
Shield of Faith: +5 Deflection bonus to AC
Magic Vestment: +5 Enhancment to Armor and Shields
Ebon Eyes: See in magical darkness
Heroe's Feast: Immune to Poison/Fear, +1morale to attack bonus

Ratty:
Extended Stone Bones

Smashy:
GMW (+5 Weapon)



OOC:

I agree with Paladin here. We have a standard well rounded party of 4. If we run into too much trouble then we'll hold out for 2 others.

As a side note, stat block is finally done. I don't think I've ever done another one that even closely resembles the size of this one.


Stat block:

Three (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=34788)
Race:Human (7 Bard / 1 Mindbender / 2 UR-Priest / 1 Sublime Chord / 7 Mystic Theurge)
Alignment: Lawful Evil Type: Humanoid(Human)
Initiative: -7
Languages
Common
Abyssal
Infernal
_____________________________
AC: 31 Touch:25 Flatfooted: 31
(10 + 5Deflection(Shield of Faith) +6AC +11Monkbelt -1Dex)
79hp (2d8+8d6+8d4);

Immune
Projectiles and Thrown Weapons (Storm Rage)
Grapple, Web, Entangle etc. (Freedom of Movement via Ring)
No need to eat or drink (Ioun stone)
No need to breathe (Ioun Stone)
Poison (Heroe's Feast)
Fear(Heroe's Feast)


Saves:
Fort +17 , Ref +16, Will +39
(Superior Resistance +6resist, Conviction +5morale bonus)
______________________________
Speed: 30', Fly 40' Average (Storm Rage);
Melee: +2 Standard, +2/-3 Full attack, 1d4-3 Dagger or 1d6-3 Unarmed Strike
Ranged: +7 Lightning Touch Attack, 10d6 (Storm Rage)
Space/Reach: 5'
Base Atk: +8; Grapple: +5 (Immune due to Freedom of Movement

Special Qualities:
Rebuke Undead: 16/day
Bardic Music: 8/day
Bardic Knoweledge: +8
Healing Hymn (Alternate Class feature)
Telepathy 100'
Evasion (Ring)
Freedom of Movement (ring)
______________________________
Abilities:
Str 5, Dex 9, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 30, Cha 26

Feats:
Able Learner, Spell Focus(Evil), Iron Will, Silent Spell, Melodic Casting, Extend Spell, Persistant Spell, Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell, Reach Spell, Metamagic Song

Skills
Intimidate +12, Diplomacy +12, Sense Motive +19, Bluff +14, Spellcraft +10, Listen +28, Perform(string instruments) +31, Knoweledge (Arcane) +8, Knoweledge (Religion) +8, Knoweledge (Planes) +7, Profession(Astrology) +16, Concentration +22, Use Magic Device +29
_______________________________
Equipment:
Headband of Leadership (+6wis and +6cha)
Ring of Evasion
Ring of Freedom of Movement
Ring of Enduring Arcana (Active only while buffing in the morning)
Monk's Belt
Bracers of Armor +6
Amulet of Health +4
Portable Hole
-Nice chair, desk, and small bed within, as well as extra sacks and the like
Gray Ioun Stone with Continual Flame
Clear Ioun Stone
Iridescent Ioun Stone
Rod of Chaining (Lesser)
Masterwork Lute
1340GP

Day Long Spells in Effect:
Shield of Faith
Ebon Eyes
Conviction
Heroe's Feast
Divine Insight (+20 on any single skill check)
Resistance, Superior
Stormrage
Fortunate Fate

Cleric Spells for the day: 21 CL

0-Level
Create Water, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor

1-Level
Blessed Aim, Blessed Aim, Lesser Vigor, Obscuring Mist, Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Sanctuary

2-Level
Close Wounds, Divine Insight, Conviction(Extended), Ebon Eyes(Extended), Align Weapn, Darkness, Darkness

3-Level
Know Vulnerabilities, Magic Vestment, Mass Lesser Vigor, Mass Lesser Vigor, Deeper Darkness, Meld into Stone

4-Level
Death Ward, Dismissal, Mass Shield of Faith, Divine Power, Spell Immunity, Inflict Critical Wounds

5-Level
Stone Bones, Greater Command, Slay Living, True Seeing, Greater Blindsight(Extended)

6-Level
Energy Immunity, Superior Resistance, Blade Barrier, Harm, Heroe's Feast

7-Level
Mass Spell Resistance, Fortunate Fate, Greater Dispel Magic(Silent)

8-Level
Storm Rage, Earthquake

9-Level
Miracle


Bard Spells Known/Cast: 8 CL

Castable/day: 3/5/5/5/3
Cast: 0/0/0/0
0-Level
Detect Magic, Mage hand, Mending, Prestididation, Read Magic, Summon Instrument

1-Level
Cure Light Wounds, Charm Person, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Identify

2-Level
Cure Moderate Wounds, Heroism, Mirror Image, Suggestion

3-Level
Cure Serious Wounds, Haste, Major Image


Sublime Chord Spells Known/Cast: 16 CL

Castable/Day:5/5/5/4/3
Cast: 0/0/0/0/0

4-Level
Shadow Conjuration, Polymorph, Assay Spell Resistance, Greater Invisibility

5-Level
Mass Cure Light Wounds, Greater Heroism, Shadow Evocation, Greater Dispel Magic

6-Level
Otto's Irresistable Dance, Repulsion, Find the Path, Flesh to Stone

7-Level
Spell Turning, Greater Shadow Conjuration, Limited Wish

8-Level
Greater Shadow Evocation, Polymorph any Object



[/QUOTE]

Paladin Latham
2007-12-17, 01:26 PM
Mr. Stabby

Mr. Stabby hefts his crossbow, waits for preperatory spells to be cast and says "Well chaps, theres not else for it, fortune favors the brave and whatnot..." before proceeding to enter the portal (as described in his first post).

Bronz
2007-12-17, 01:36 PM
Three

Three thinks to himself...Well, if the rat went through, there shouldn't be any surprises upon activation.

Three then floats over and goes through himself.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-17, 03:24 PM
Ash

Seeing the less martial members of the team move in, Ash gives an 'after you' motion to Gor'thok. Then he fades from sight.

Greater Invis up, Flee the scene invocation to the portal then step through while illusion motions for Gor'thok to step through.

playswithfire
2007-12-17, 03:30 PM
OOC:

I guess boomwolf and I are with you now, since you're short two people and we're the only two people who posted in Team 1; guess we'll ignore our dialog there (wasn't much and have us showing up with you)


Lesdock

Testing the balance of his new knives, the Thri-Kreen had been performing what was for him a simple dexterity exercise but others tended to see as a juggling show for their entertainment. A small smirk crosses his face as he reflects on that possibility; as if he would every use his skills for the pleasure of others. Well, strictly speaking, some of his employers probably took pleasure in the deaths of some of the beasts he'd hunted, but no more than he had hunting them down. Seeing those who had gotten there before him Well, this is a motley crew to go into a place like what I've heard this is. But as long as they don't get between my blades and things that need to die, we should do alright.

Lesdock put his daggers away as the brief match begins and appreciates the sport, particularly the end.

Fine match. I'm late. My mistake. Do we have a plan? Or shall we just get down to it? This last is said as he pulls the blindfold over his eyes with one of his upper hands while cracking the knuckles of his lower hands.


Combat block again:
Lesdock (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=34551)
Thri-Kreen Swordsage 2/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 4/Bloodclaw Master 2/Master Thrower 5/Fighter 1
Lawful Neutral Monstrous Humanoid
Initiative +11
Darkvision 60' Blindsight 60' with blindfold
Languages: Common, Thri-Kreen, Gith
_____________________________
AC 44, 31 touch, 34 flat-footed
(+5 armor, +5 Shield, +10 DEX, + 3 Natural, +4 Deflect, +7 monk)
178 hp (17HD)
Immune to sleep effects, immune to gaze attacks while in blindfold
Fort +21 , Ref +29 , Will +18
______________________________
Speed 40 ft
Melee: Dagger +27 d4+11
Melee Full: Dagger 27/27/22/17 d4+11, Dagger 27/27/22/17 d4+11, Dagger 27/22/17 d4+10, Dagger 27/22/17 d4+10
Ranged: Dagger +28 d4+12, d4+12
Ranged Full: Dagger 28/28/23/18 d4+12, d4+12; Dagger 28/28/23/18 d4+12, d4+12; Dagger 28/23/18 d4+11,d4+11; Dagger 28/23/18 d4+11,d4+11
Space/Reach: 5/5
Base Atk: 15; Grapple 15
Atk Options: Palm Throw, Trip Shot, Weak Spot
Special Actions
______________________________
Abilities (Str Dex etc)
Special Qualities
continuous freedom of movement, +30 jump checks, not limited by size on jump checks
evasion, superior multiweapon fighting, thunderous throw, lightning ricochet

Stances
Child of Shadows
Island of Blades (will probably stay in this one)
Punishing Stance

Maneuvers (Adept)
sudden leap (swordsage)
wolf fang strike (swordsage)
claw at the moon (swordsage)
burning blade (swordsage)
blistering flourish (swordsage)
stone bones (swordsage)
clinging shadow strike (swordsage)
steel wind (warblade)
leading the attack (warblade)
douse the flames (warblade)

Feats
Point Blank Shot
Weapon Focus(Dagger)
Shadow Blade
Multiweapon Fighting
Precise Shot
Far Shot
Weapon Finesse
Quick Draw
Improved Multiweapon Fighting
Snatch Arrows
Greater Multiweapon Fighting
Throw Anything
Skills
_______________________________
Equipment:
2 +1 Speed Adamantine Daggers
2 +1 Speed Cold Iron Daggers
4 +1 Silver Daggers
Bracers of Armor +5
+3 Animated Mithral Heavy Shield
Gloves of Dexterity +6
Headband of Wisdom +6
monk's belt
ring of protection +4
blindfold of true darkness
amulet of health +6
cloak of resistance +4
ring of freedom of movement

Bronz
2007-12-17, 03:40 PM
OOC:

Welcome to the team. If you have any specific buffs you would want to have, let me know.

Also, take note of the list of always on buffs. Your ac will be higher, as well as your saves due to morale bonus.

On a sidenote, what book did you get your thrikreen out of? You mention not limited to size on jump checks but that was a 3.0 rule.

playswithfire
2007-12-17, 03:52 PM
OOC:

Got that line from online; must have been a summary from a 3.0 source. Someone told me there was a non-psionic +1 LA Thri-Kreen in another game I was in but I forget what book it was in. I can take that part out. The jumping isn't important to the build; just the 4 arms.

boomwolf
2007-12-17, 04:34 PM
Nelisar

"I do not remember asking YOU thri-kreen." says nelisar with a deathly voice. nelisar hates thri-kreens.

Nelisar steps through the portal like others before him, preparing his bow in hands, arrows in reach, and singling to tofer to follow.

seems like i'm in here too. hi!

char sheet:
http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=6855

combat blocks:
Me:
Nelisar ShadowHunter
Catfolk and Ranger 16/Monk 1
Lawful Neutral; Homoraid (catfolk?)
+13 init: Low-Light vision
Common, Feline, Gnoll
_____________________________
AC 33, touch 32, flat-footed 16.
-the break down of AC +11 Dex, +5 deflect, +1 natural, +6 monk (wisdom and level)
Miss Chance 20% (if blinking)
110 hp (17d8+34); DR (if Applicable)
Fort 14, Ref 23, Will 12
______________________________
Speed Ground 40 ft.
Melee:
-Unarmed: +27/+22/+17/+12; 2d10
-Unarmed Flurry: +25/+25/+20/+15/+10; 2d10
Ranged:
-Shortbow :+31/+31/+26/+21/+16; 6d6+3; 60 ft. range incement.
Base Atk 16; Grapple 15
Atk Options: Manyshot, Rapid Shot. (Weapon fineese?)

______________________________
Str 8, Dex 32, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 20, Cha 10
Wild Emphty, Evasion, Wisdom Armor Bonus (Monk), Flurry of Blows, Woodland Stride, Swift Tracker, Camouflage, Favored Enemy Humanoid (Human) +4, Favored Enemy Undead +4, Favored Enemy Outsider (fire) +2.

Rapid Shot, Track, Endurance, Manyshot, Weapon Finesse, Improved Precise Shot, Agile Athlete, Ascetic Hunter, Natural Bond , Quick Reconnoiter, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Improved Unarmed Strike.

Hide +19 (total +42), Move Silently +19 (total +37), Survival +20 (total +25), Listen +19 (total +26), Spot +19 (total +24), Climb +10 (total +21), Jump +10 (total +21), Ride +16 (total +27).
_______________________________
Equipment:
Frost Shock Corrosive Flaming Screaming Shortbow of Speed +2
Periapt of Wisdom +6 (36000 gp)
Gloves of Dexterity +6 (36000 gp)
Boots of Elvenkind (2500 gp)
Bracers of Archery, Greater (25000 gp)
Robe of Blending (30000 gp)
Ring of Protection +5 (50000 gp)
Ring of Blinking (27000 gp)
Bag of Holding, Type II (5000 gp)
Arrows (3000) (150 gp)
Ioun Stone, Clear (4000 gp)
Monk's Belt (13000 gp)
Spell component pouch (5 gp)
Hat of Disguise (1800 gp)
43 GP
Tiger:
Tofer ShadowHunter
Tiger
Neutral; animal.
Initiative; Senses (low light vision, scent etc)
Animal. (no talking)
_____________________________
AC 23, touch 12, flat-footed 20
-the break down of AC -1 size, +3 Dex, +5 natural, +6 armor
60 hp (8d8+24); DR (if Applicable)
Fort 9, Ref 9, Will 3
______________________________
Speed Ground 40 ft.
Melee:
-Claw 12/2; 1d8+7 (x2)
Base Atk +6; Grapple +17
Improved Grab, Pounce, Rake.
______________________________
Str 24 Dex 16 Con 17 Int 2 Wis 12 Cha 6

Link, Share spells, Evasion.
Tricks: Combat Riding training, Grab (grapple target), stay, heel.

Alertness, Improved Natural Attack (bite), and Improved Natural Attack (claw)

Balance +6, Hide +5 , Listen +3, Move Silently +9, Spot +3, Swim +11. (Admiting-I don't really know to read what is natural what is ranks and what is the bonuses.)
Tigers have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Hide, and Move Silently checks. *In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus improves to +8.
_______________________________
Equipment:
Tiger Studded leather Armor +3 (9175 gp) (+6 AC total)
Rations 60 (30 gp)

javcs
2007-12-17, 04:35 PM
Gor'thok

Let's crash this party!
I grin in anticipation as I shove the doors open far enough for me to fit.


We've now got quite a bit of ranged damage going on now.

boomwolf
2007-12-17, 04:40 PM
Nelishar

"Thats the spirit" he says to gor'thok, enjoying his free mind.

I can melee as well if needed. me and me tiger got a good grab/punch school-bully fighting style.

playswithfire
2007-12-17, 04:52 PM
Lesdock

Well, hopefully there's a plan and I just missed it. If not, we'll probably figure it out after the first thing attacks us.

Having understood his tone, Lesdock would have preferred that the catfolk and his pet walked in front of him but knew that that same tone made it unlikely. Trusting to his blindfold and his reaction time, Lesdock follows the minotaur, drawing a dagger in each hand as he crosses the threshold.

javcs
2007-12-17, 04:53 PM
OOC:

I've editted in a buffed set of stats for Gor'thok into my first post.
I assume that GMW was only on the greataxe.

If it's only a couple foes in melee range - I can get your tiger a pounce onto a prone target about every round or two (if the target fails a reflex save after I hit it). Ah, the joys of Awesome Blow.

Bronz
2007-12-17, 04:58 PM
OOC:

Try not to get hit. I only have so much healing I can do. Though I should make sure I can't do a persistent mass lesser vigor with the effects of the hymn of healing since I cast it while I sang. That would give everyone 22 hp back every round and take back on my healingload considerably.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-17, 04:59 PM
OOC:
Ash can work melee as well. I get 12 AoO's a round, so with Eldrich glaive.... I mostly just blast and maneuver when I'm getting in range/softening up the target. Then I go eldrich glaive and keep them from doing anything.

playswithfire
2007-12-17, 05:03 PM
OOC:

I get 14 attacks a round melee for my d4+11ish damage, but they're not touch attacks. And with the buffs, my AC's about 50 so if I have to melee, i can, but I'd prefer to do it after spending a round knocking enemies prone with trip shot.

Sxoa
2007-12-18, 12:32 PM
As you appear on the other side of the portal a number of things become immediately apparent.

It is completely dark. Even your ebon eyes cannot pierce the murky gloom.
You are underwater.
The water is boiling hot.
There is a crushing pressure pushing in at you from all sides, as if the water itself was trying to squeeze the very life out of you.




Everyone who breathes is now holding their breath.
Everyone takes 1d6 points of fire damage from the boiling water on their turn (you can roll this yourself.)
Everyone needs to make a fort save DC 15


order of actions is:

Mr. Stabby 13+17 = 30
Nelisar 16+13 = 29
Ash 5+17 = 22
Tiger 14+3 = 17
Lesdok 2+11 = 13
Gor'thok 1+7 = 8
Three 5+-1 = 4

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-18, 12:41 PM
OOC:
If we're under duress, Ash counts it as 'Combat' and since he's not surpressing it, his gauntlets glow as bright as torches. With that illumination, our ebon eyes work. Gimme descripton! (Immune to the fire damage btw)

Bronz
2007-12-18, 12:42 PM
OOC:

If normal light works, the floating everglowing torch around Three's head should be more than enough.

Sxoa
2007-12-18, 02:25 PM
The inky darkness is thick and cloying. Not even the magical light of your gear pierces it.
I need to get Stat blocks for Mr. Stabby and Three. Also Three I don't see where you have all the rest of your spells listed.

boomwolf
2007-12-18, 02:46 PM
Nelisar

Nelisar swims to what seems to be the gravitational up, and noting tofer to follow.


rolls:
fire damage to me [roll0]
my fort save [roll1]

fire damage to tofr [roll2]
tofer's fort save [roll3]

Sxoa
2007-12-18, 03:00 PM
The tiger like everyone else is surrounded by inky blackness and cannot see you. He's acting on his own (instinct), which in this case is panicking and trying to swim to the surface

Unless he's been trained to enter areas that panic him in which case he swims up calmly.

I've made an OOC thread in case you didn't see. Heres the link:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3675117#post3675117

Paladin Latham
2007-12-18, 03:33 PM
Mr. Stabby

Taking a deep (and mostly harmless) breath, Mr. Stabby attempts to locate all creatures withing 30ft. by scent.

Mr. Stabby swims 15ft. forward attempting to listen for anything unusual. (hiding and moving silently with darkstalker of course)

Fire Damage [roll0] Fast Healing 3

I assume that because its not necessary for Mr. Stabby to breath he can freely use scent underwater like a shark does. I'm working on the combat stat block now and will post it as an edit within the hour

Here it is:
Mr. Stabby
Evolved, Necropolitan, Awakened Rat, Rogue 13th
Nuetral (undead)
Initiative: +17
Scent, Darkvision 60ft.
Languages: Common
_____________________________
AC: 29, Touch AC: 23, Flat Footed AC: 17
(+5 armor, +12 dexterity, +2 size, +1 natural, -1 flaw)
HP: 112 (13HD)
Immune: All mind-affecting affects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease and death effects, not subject to critical hits, non-lethal damage, ability drain, energy drain, damage to physical ability scores (str, dex, and con), fatigue, exhaustion, affects that require a fortitude save (unless it affects objects too), massive damage.
Fort +5 , Ref +22 , Will +7
______________________________
Speed: 15ft., Climb 15ft., Swim 15ft.
Bite Attack +10/+5
+1 Bayonet Attack +9/+4
+5 Heavy Crossbow Attack +31/+26
Space/Reach: 2 1/2ft.
Base Attack: +9/+4; Grapple +0
Special Actions: Uncanny Opportunist - May make an attack on anyone a party member strikes in combat up to 12 enemies per round.
______________________________
Str 8, Dex 28(34), Con - , Int 11(15), Wis 12(14), Cha 9(11)

Darkvsion 60ft.
Unnatural Resilience: Heals damage as a living character would per day
Uses Charisma modifier for concentration rather than constitution
Not affected by Raise Dead or Reincarnate spells
Destoyed when reduced to 0hp
Does not need to breath, eat or sleep
Can always take 10 on a climb check even if rushed or threatened.
Uses Dexterity modifier for Climb and Swim checks
Scent
Turn Resistance +2
Fast Healing 3
Greater Invisibility 1/day
Resist Control +2
Improved Evasion
Improved Uncanny Dodge
Uncanny Opportunist
Sneak Attack +7d6+15
Trap Sense +5
Trapfinding
-2 to saves vs. fear

Combat Reflexes
Craven
Darkstalker
Weapon Focus (Heavy Crossbow)
Crossbow Sniper
Rapid Reload
Sav vy Rogue
Improved Toughness
Vulnerable (flaw)
Inattentive (flaw)
Illiterate (hide) (bought off with skill ranks)

Balance +20
Climb +20
Disable Device +20
Escape Artist +28
Hide +59
Listen +14
Move Silently +50
Open Lock +30
Ride +12
Search +18
Slight of Hand +12
Spot +14
Swim +20
Tumble +12
Use Rope +12
Easy Escape Trick
_______________________________
Equipment:
Tiny Hewards Handy Haversack
Ring of Inivisibility
Masterwork Thieves Tools (5 sets)
1000 Tiny Crossbow Bolts
500 Cold Iron Crossbow Bolts
250 Alchemical Sivler Crossbow Bolts
250 Adamantine Crossbow Bolts
Tiny +5 Quick Loading, Collision Heavy Crossbow
+1 Warning Adamantine Bayonet (sword)
Ring of Dextertiy +6
+5 Greater Silent Moves, Greater Shadowed Tuxedo
Greater True Death Crystal
Greater Demolition Crystal
White Gloves of Man
Top Hat of Int +4, Wis +2, Cha +2
Tiny Kettle of Endless Tea
Fine China (Tiny)

boomwolf
2007-12-18, 03:41 PM
Tofer has the training to follow me in places he normally wont. (unless otherwise ordered.)

By noting him I meant padding on him or something. not all signs are visual.

Bronz
2007-12-18, 03:52 PM
Three

Three merely sighs inwardly, already having the need to exert himself. He maintains his position and casts a spell.


Casting Energy Immunity(Fire) on himself.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] vs. DC 10+half damage. Also makes any distraction DC automatically.


Stat block:

Three (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=34788)
Race:Human (7 Bard / 1 Mindbender / 2 UR-Priest / 1 Sublime Chord / 7 Mystic Theurge)
Alignment: Lawful Evil Type: Humanoid(Human)
Initiative: -7
Languages
Common
Abyssal
Infernal
_____________________________
AC: 31 Touch:25 Flatfooted: 31
(10 + 5Deflection(Shield of Faith) +6AC +11Monkbelt -1Dex)
Hit Points: 79 (2d8+8d6+8d4); Current HP: 75

Immune
Projectiles and Thrown Weapons (Storm Rage)
Grapple, Web, Entangle etc. (Freedom of Movement via Ring)
No need to eat or drink (Ioun stone)
No need to breathe (Ioun Stone)
Fire(Energy Immunity)


Saves:
Fort +17 , Ref +16, Will +39
(Superior Resistance +6resist, Conviction +5morale bonus)
______________________________
Speed: 30', Fly 40' Average (Storm Rage);
Melee: +2 Standard, +2/-3 Full attack, 1d4-3 Dagger or 1d6-3 Unarmed Strike
Ranged: +7 Lightning Ranged Touch Attack, 10d6 (Storm Rage)
Space/Reach: 5'
Base Atk: +8; Grapple: +5 (Immune due to Freedom of Movement

Special Qualities:
Rebuke Undead: 16/day
Bardic Music: 8/day
Bardic Knoweledge: +8
Healing Hymn (Alternate Class feature)
Telepathy 100'
Evasion (Ring)
Freedom of Movement (ring)
______________________________
Abilities:
Str 5, Dex 9, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 30, Cha 26

Feats:
Able Learner, Spell Focus(Evil), Iron Will, Silent Spell, Melodic Casting, Extend Spell, Persistant Spell, Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell, Reach Spell, Metamagic Song

Skills
Intimidate +12, Diplomacy +12, Sense Motive +19, Bluff +14, Spellcraft +10, Listen +28, Perform(string instruments) +31, Knoweledge (Arcane) +8, Knoweledge (Religion) +8, Knoweledge (Planes) +7, Profession(Astrology) +16, Concentration +22, Use Magic Device +29
_______________________________
Equipment:
Headband of Leadership (+6wis and +6cha)
Ring of Evasion
Ring of Freedom of Movement
Ring of Enduring Arcana (Active only while buffing in the morning)
Monk's Belt
Bracers of Armor +6
Amulet of Health +4
Portable Hole
-Nice chair, desk, and small bed within, as well as extra sacks and the like
Gray Ioun Stone with Continual Flame
Clear Ioun Stone
Iridescent Ioun Stone
Rod of Chaining (Lesser)
Masterwork Lute
1340GP

Day Long Spells in Effect:
Shield of Faith
Ebon Eyes
Conviction
Heroe's Feast
Divine Insight (+20 on any single skill check)
Resistance, Superior
Stormrage
Energy Immunity(Fire)


Cleric Spells for the day: 21 CL

0-Level
Create Water, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor

1-Level
Blessed Aim, Blessed Aim, Lesser Vigor, Obscuring Mist, Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Sanctuary

2-Level
Close Wounds, Divine Insight, Conviction(Extended), Ebon Eyes(Extended), Align Weapn, Darkness, Darkness

3-Level
Know Vulnerabilities, Magic Vestment, Mass Lesser Vigor, Mass Lesser Vigor, Deeper Darkness, Meld into Stone

4-Level
Death Ward, Dismissal, Mass Shield of Faith, Divine Power, Spell Immunity, Inflict Critical Wounds

5-Level
Stone Bones, Greater Command, Slay Living, True Seeing, Greater Blindsight(Extended)

6-Level
Energy Immunity, Superior Resistance, Blade Barrier, Harm, Heroe's Feast

7-Level
Mass Spell Resistance, Fortunate Fate, Greater Dispel Magic(Silent)

8-Level
Storm Rage, Earthquake

9-Level
Miracle


Bard Spells Known/Cast: 8 CL

Castable/day: 3/5/5/5/3
Cast: 0/0/0/0
0-Level
Detect Magic, Mage hand, Mending, Prestididation, Read Magic, Summon Instrument

1-Level
Cure Light Wounds, Charm Person, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Identify

2-Level
Cure Moderate Wounds, Heroism, Mirror Image, Suggestion

3-Level
Cure Serious Wounds, Haste, Major Image


Sublime Chord Spells Known/Cast: 16 CL

Castable/Day:5/5/5/4/3
Cast: 0/0/0/0/0

4-Level
Shadow Conjuration, Polymorph, Assay Spell Resistance, Greater Invisibility

5-Level
Mass Cure Light Wounds, Greater Heroism, Shadow Evocation, Greater Dispel Magic

6-Level
Otto's Irresistable Dance, Repulsion, Find the Path, Flesh to Stone

7-Level
Spell Turning, Greater Shadow Conjuration, Limited Wish

8-Level
Greater Shadow Evocation, Polymorph any Object

playswithfire
2007-12-18, 04:04 PM
Lesdock

Assuming as much of the Child of Shadows stance ((concealment; 20% miss chance while moving)) as possible while swimming, Lesdock begins swimming slightly down and (arbitrarily) east, looking sensing for some sort of tunnel that may lead to an air supply.

Fire[roll0]
Fort[roll1]

Sxoa
2007-12-18, 04:09 PM
Both you and Tofer feel a pressure wave of water wash over you before a massive force impacts into your bodies. Something sinuous, stoney, slimey and awful all at the same time tries to snake around you.


Tofer takes 41 Points of damage.
Nelisar takes 44 points of damage.

Nelisar needs to make a Strength checks vs DC 55 to continue moving forward
Tofer needs to make a Strength checks vs DC 51 to continue moving forward

Nelisar needs to make a grapple check vs DC 65 to keep from being grappled
Tofer needs to make a grapple check vs DC 59 to keep from being grappled

Mr Stabby as a (formerly) air breathing creature has his scent ability (presuming he still retains it) ruined by water. Since Mr. Stabby has been around the block a few times he is already aware of this and can rephrase his turn.

EDIT: playswithfire, make sure you read your private message before you post your turn! Are you SURE that's what you're doing?

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-18, 04:14 PM
Ash
Initiative: 22

"Something large is above us. It's....there. Extending into the void. I suggest not fleeing directly into it...I can feel it, even if none of you can see it."


[roll0]
Fire Resistance.
Amulet of Adaptation.

Speaking as interrupt (no action cost), the second I feel it in my blindsense and the others moving up towards it. Should stop them from running into it, unless they're idiots and ignore the pixie. Hellfire shield active. Not posting my turn until all others before me have posted.

Sxoa
2007-12-18, 04:21 PM
You hear somehigh pitched squeaking coming from somewhere, but since only the pixie is surrounded by air none of you can comprehend anything being said.

Acting on the above information is acting on OOC knowledge and probably a bad idea... just saying.

Ash
"Something large is above us. It's....there. Extending into the void. I suggest not fleeing directly into it...I can feel it, even if none of you can see it."


[roll0]
Fire Resistance.
Amulet of Adaptation.

Speaking as free action, the second I feel it in my blindsense and the others moving up towards it. Should stop them from running into it, unless they're idiots and ignore the pixie. Hellfire shield active. Not posting my turn until all others before me have posted.

The air pocket only surrounds you. No one else hears you. Additionally, technically free actions can only be taken on your turn. They begin swimming up before you even realize whats going on.

boomwolf
2007-12-18, 04:32 PM
We both auto-fail the grapple. we CANNOT technically beat that score. ((overkill much?))

Sxoa
2007-12-18, 05:03 PM
We both auto-fail the grapple. we CANNOT technically beat that score. ((overkill much?)) put that in a spoiler next time. On both the strength and grapple checks you can roll a 20, which auto succeeds I think.

Three

Three merely sighs inwardly, already having the need to exert himself. He maintains his position and casts a spell.

Casting Energy Immunity(Fire) on himself.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] vs. DC 10+half damage. Also makes any distraction DC automatically.

Protection from Energy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/protectionFromEnergy.htm) from energy is the spell I think you're trying to cast. But as someone who doesn't breath water (you simply don't need to breath) you of course can't speak to cast a spell with verbal components. Of course since Three is a highly experienced practioner of magic he is well aware of this and may rephrase his turn.

Sxoa
2007-12-18, 05:11 PM
Mr Stabby slinks his little rat form through the water, and is unmolested as he heads off to the side.

Lesdok feels the same pressure wave glide over him momentarily unbalancing his stance. The slap of the massive appendage that strikes him is even more unbalancing, but strong magics allow him to slip out the thing's grasp before it gets a brutal choke hold on him.

Lesdok is attacked
[roll0] 21 or higher hits.
Lesdok is hit for 43 points of damage.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-18, 05:22 PM
Ash

Ash begins swimming, attempting to position himself best so that he'll be able to catch any assailants in his eldritch cone and lets loose a blast. He'll target the large creature that two of the creatures near him swam into (and exclude them from the AoE) or (priority) another creature, if it appears in his voidsense and seems to be attacking one of the blank spots in the void he's mentally tagged as 'allies'.

[roll0] [roll1] Reflex DC 21 for 1/2, Eldritch cone has a range of 30ft.

Assuming with an Int of 18 I can mentally keep track of all of the players in my blindsense radius of 30ft.

Ach! Just realized what an abysmal swim modifier I have, if possible, I'd like to change that move action to 'Shadow Stride' into optimal position (probably no more then 5 feet diagonal.) Also, I assume a giant flash of energy blasting in a direction is a good signal NOT TO SWIM IN THAT DIRECTION if anyone can see it.

Sxoa
2007-12-18, 05:38 PM
Unseen by most Ash blebs through the shadows before releasing a giant gout of hellfire. Unfortunately the blast goes unnoticed by all who aren't directly affected by it.

Since I've let others do "rephrase" their turns it would be very unsporting of me to do so with you:smalltongue:

You need to make a caster level check to overcome spell resistance. You are more than capable of keeping track of your friends.

Its a moot point since no one can see it, but shooting spells at something does not mean "don't go there!" in common adventurer parlance. In fact for fighters it very much means "go there and cut something up!"

Paladin Latham
2007-12-18, 07:14 PM
Mr. Stabby

Mr. Stabby swims up 15ft. still hiding and moving silently. I wonder where the others could be... he idly thinks to himself, completely oblivious to the terrible danger his allies are in.

Fire Damage [roll0], Fast Healing 3
Darkstalking
Hide [roll1]
Move Silently [roll2]

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-18, 07:33 PM
If I'm rephrasing (I had time to think it over on the bus) then I'll take a 10 on the swim check (no one's threatening me, and I don't know it's fully combat yet) for a 12, and save the maneuver. Then I'll let out the gout [roll0] and use my Darkstalker feat to be all sneaky-sneaky. [roll1] [roll2]

javcs
2007-12-18, 08:48 PM
Gor'thok

Great. Just great. Swimming in boiling water. Whoever thought of this should die a painfully violent death. I think as I swim upwards, noting mentally where I entered.


26 rounds of breath remaining.
Damage [roll0].
Fort save [roll1].
Swim check: [roll2]
Using Natural Cunning to not get lost, basically, knowing where he started.

Bronz
2007-12-18, 09:34 PM
Three

After hearing a strange squeal, Three reaches out telepathically to all of his compatriots.

*Is everyone alright? We need to regroup, hopefully I will be able to find a way out of this mess. Try to regroup on me. Hopefully, you, Ash, should be able to find me. Bring the others.*

After that, Three casts a silent "Find the Path".

Wording:

"Find a path out of what I am in now and onwards to safety"


Stat block:

Three (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=34788)
Race:Human (7 Bard / 1 Mindbender / 2 UR-Priest / 1 Sublime Chord / 7 Mystic Theurge)
Alignment: Lawful Evil Type: Humanoid(Human)
Initiative: -7
Languages
Common
Abyssal
Infernal
_____________________________
AC: 31 Touch:25 Flatfooted: 31
(10 + 5Deflection(Shield of Faith) +6AC +11Monkbelt -1Dex)
Hit Points: 79 (2d8+8d6+8d4); Current HP: 75

Immune
Projectiles and Thrown Weapons (Storm Rage)
Grapple, Web, Entangle etc. (Freedom of Movement via Ring)
No need to eat or drink (Ioun stone)
No need to breathe (Ioun Stone)
Fire(Energy Immunity)


Saves:
Fort +17 , Ref +16, Will +39
(Superior Resistance +6resist, Conviction +5morale bonus)
______________________________
Speed: 30', Fly 40' Average (Storm Rage);
Melee: +2 Standard, +2/-3 Full attack, 1d4-3 Dagger or 1d6-3 Unarmed Strike
Ranged: +7 Lightning Ranged Touch Attack, 10d6 (Storm Rage)
Space/Reach: 5'
Base Atk: +8; Grapple: +5 (Immune due to Freedom of Movement

Special Qualities:
Rebuke Undead: 16/day
Bardic Music: 8/day
Bardic Knoweledge: +8
Healing Hymn (Alternate Class feature)
Telepathy 100'
Evasion (Ring)
Freedom of Movement (ring)
______________________________
Abilities:
Str 5, Dex 9, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 30, Cha 26

Feats:
Able Learner, Spell Focus(Evil), Iron Will, Silent Spell, Melodic Casting, Extend Spell, Persistant Spell, Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell, Reach Spell, Metamagic Song

Skills
Intimidate +12, Diplomacy +12, Sense Motive +19, Bluff +14, Spellcraft +10, Listen +28, Perform(string instruments) +31, Knoweledge (Arcane) +8, Knoweledge (Religion) +8, Knoweledge (Planes) +7, Profession(Astrology) +16, Concentration +22, Use Magic Device +29
_______________________________
Equipment:
Headband of Leadership (+6wis and +6cha)
Ring of Evasion
Ring of Freedom of Movement
Ring of Enduring Arcana (Active only while buffing in the morning)
Monk's Belt
Bracers of Armor +6
Amulet of Health +4
Portable Hole
-Nice chair, desk, and small bed within, as well as extra sacks and the like
Gray Ioun Stone with Continual Flame
Clear Ioun Stone
Iridescent Ioun Stone
Rod of Chaining (Lesser)
Masterwork Lute
1340GP

Day Long Spells in Effect:
Shield of Faith
Ebon Eyes
Conviction
Heroe's Feast
Divine Insight (+20 on any single skill check)
Resistance, Superior
Stormrage
Energy Immunity(Fire)


Cleric Spells for the day: 21 CL

0-Level
Create Water, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor, Cure Minor

1-Level
Blessed Aim, Blessed Aim, Lesser Vigor, Obscuring Mist, Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Sanctuary

2-Level
Close Wounds, Divine Insight, Conviction(Extended), Ebon Eyes(Extended), Align Weapn, Darkness, Darkness

3-Level
Know Vulnerabilities, Magic Vestment, Mass Lesser Vigor, Mass Lesser Vigor, Deeper Darkness, Meld into Stone

4-Level
Death Ward, Dismissal, Mass Shield of Faith, Divine Power, Spell Immunity, Inflict Critical Wounds

5-Level
Stone Bones, Greater Command, Slay Living, True Seeing, Greater Blindsight(Extended)

6-Level
Energy Immunity, Superior Resistance, Blade Barrier, Harm, Heroe's Feast

7-Level
Mass Spell Resistance, Fortunate Fate, Greater Dispel Magic(Silent)

8-Level
Storm Rage, Earthquake

9-Level
Miracle


Bard Spells Known/Cast: 8 CL

Castable/day: 3/5/5/5/3
Cast: 0/0/0/0
0-Level
Detect Magic, Mage hand, Mending, Prestididation, Read Magic, Summon Instrument

1-Level
Cure Light Wounds, Charm Person, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Identify

2-Level
Cure Moderate Wounds, Heroism, Mirror Image, Suggestion

3-Level
Cure Serious Wounds, Haste, Major Image


Sublime Chord Spells Known/Cast: 16 CL

Castable/Day:5/5/5/4/3
Cast: 0/0/0/1/0

4-Level
Shadow Conjuration, Polymorph, Assay Spell Resistance, Greater Invisibility

5-Level
Mass Cure Light Wounds, Greater Heroism, Shadow Evocation, Greater Dispel Magic

6-Level
Otto's Irresistable Dance, Repulsion, Find the Path, Flesh to Stone

7-Level
Spell Turning, Greater Shadow Conjuration, Limited Wish

8-Level
Greater Shadow Evocation, Polymorph any Object



[/QUOTE]

Sxoa
2007-12-19, 06:33 AM
Gor'thok swims up unmolested and unhindered until his powerful strokes bump his large form into something massive. It feels like it is made of ropey slimey cancerous wood, yet it is riddled with bizarre stony growths that seem to pierce its surface from the inside. More importantly it undulates and moves with life, and touching causes an unpleasant burning sensation in your skin.

Three's find the path indicates a path out this chamber down and to east. It does not yet indicate any traps to be bypassed physically or with command words.

Merely touching it doesn't do any damage Gor'thok, but it feels awful.
Presumably Three communicates this information to everyone, so you may act on it in character unless for some bizarre reason he deliberately specify that he isn't.

I will post the beast's turn later this evening (around noon I think for most people in North America), it is going after Three in order of action.



[OOC Addressing previous posts]


Mr. Stabby

Mr. Stabby swims up 15ft. still hiding and moving silently. I wonder where the others could be... he idly thinks to himself, completely oblivious to the terrible danger his allies are in.
You probably already know it but this happens next round, you've already taken your turn. You may want to change it after the beast goes (or you may not even be able to, we'll see).

Gor'thok
26 rounds of breath remaining.
Damage [roll0].
Fort save [roll1].
Swim check: [roll2]
Using Natural Cunning to not get lost, basically, knowing where he started.

Remember taking actions burns breath away. Close one on the fort save there! Good use of natural cunning.

Three

After hearing a strange squeal, Three reaches out telepathically to all of his compatriots.

*Is everyone alright? We need to regroup, hopefully I will be able to find a way out of this mess. Try to regroup on me. Hopefully, you, Ash, should be able to find me. Bring the others.*

After that, Three casts a silent "Find the Path".

Wording:

"Find a path out of what I am in now and onwards to safety"

Being an exceptionally clever fellow, you also know that Lesdok has blindsight.

playswithfire
2007-12-19, 08:51 AM
Lesdock

Thought message for Three ((so glad someone has telepathy)):

The room we're in is 50 across. Some ... thing; very large thing with long appendages, maybe a squid, is above us and above him seems to be solid rock, so I don't think we can escape that way. Below us may also be a problem; the water is ... disturbed ... blades spinning is the best I can describe it; whether stationary or moving across I am not certain. But that's about 20 feet below us. I can't sense anything past that, but there's no solid rock for at least 40 feet beyond the disturbance. I will move to be 10 to 15 feet directly below you to try and learn more. As up contains a monster and a solid ceiling, down may be our only option. Please tell the others. ((To the extent possible, I'd also communicate where the others are in relation to him, assuming blindsight would let me distinguish people by size))


Briefly reeling from the attack and hearing Three's instructions, Lesdock attempts to inform Three of what he knows of the room and moves to position himself 10-15 feet below Three and begins sensing for more information, particularly to the right.

fire [roll0]
fort [roll1]

Bronz
2007-12-19, 08:51 AM
Three

Three indicates to everyone that down and to the right is where they must head. He himself will "begin to head that way" (on his turn). He also tells Ash and Lesdok to lead the rest.

Sxoa
2007-12-19, 01:21 PM
As Gar'Thok pokes about wall of unyielding wood/stone/cancerousness, a pair of clawed hands slash into his body. You feel the claws begin pulling you apart, rending flesh from bone. The shock to your system is tremendous, but your hardy minotaur constitution keeps you from blacking out from the massive damage. Unfortunately this is not the end of the assault as two more claws latch into your body and pull you apart.
You are hit by two claw attacks for 26 and 33 damage respectively. Rending damage is 62 (save for massive damage or die). I presume you survive that (if you don't roll a one, roll though because you soak up two attacks if you don't die) and you get pegged twice more for 33 and 37. Rend for 55. Save for massive damage except the total is 246, leaving you at -20, aka dead.
Mr. Stabby feels the water churn around him as he wriggles blindly about in the dark water. He thinks something might be trying to attack him but can't quite get a bead on him.
I am aware of your Dark Stalker Feat. Your square has been targeted but you were missed. You don't know how your square was targeted.
Ash sees the inky water swirl at the edge of his bubble of pure air. A massive tentacle seemingly made of vile cancerous looking wood, with smaller stoney spurs jutting out of it rips through the edge of the pocket of air. He doesnít see the second tentacle swipe into him from behind and it begins to squeeze him into oblivion. A third tentacle boils out of the gloom and crushes the last vestiges of life from his tiny body.
See Mr. Stabbyís spoiler as it applies to you too.
1 tentacle hit for 40 damage (reflex DC 15 for Ĺ; both count as a magic weapon, see below).
1 tentacle hit for 42 damage (reflex DC 15 for Ĺ)
Grapple Checks for each are DC 60 and 66 respectively. Failure deals 61 damage fort he first and 57 for the second (no reflex save).

Total damage with succesful reflex saves is 159 leaving you at -63.

Evasion does not apply to starmantle cloaks. Donít even try to argue this point. You may have a valid alternate interpretation but I subscribe to the interpretation that normally attacks donít get reflex saves (even if they do get a save with the cloak) and thus evasion does not apply, and since I subscribe to that, so does this gameís rule set. Arguing this is going to end badly (unless you can point out a ruling by Wizards that I am unaware of with location pg # etc. donít bother).

Lesdok senses the three tentacles whipping towards him. His stance does not seem to deter them and the simultaneous attack cracks into his form. Once again his powerful magics prevent him from being grappled, but still his body is beaten and battered to lifelessness.
Three tentacle strikes, 47, 44 and 47 damage each for a total of 138 (181 with the initial).This leaves you at -3, bleeding to death.

Three manages to send off his telepathic missive, but any further communication is cut short. Two tentacles flail about incompetently, unnoticed except by the currents they produce. Two others though strike true, and though powerful magic prevents them from getting a firm hold, the physical trauma they inflict is enough to break the frail man. two tentacle hits, 44 and 49 respectively. 93 total, leaving you at -14.
Tofur lets out a fearsome roar as his body is crushed by the constricting tentacle. The roar is of course unheard because Tofur, like everyone else, is underwater.
Iím presuming he didnít make the grapple check from your round in which case he takes an additional 55 damage, which kills him.
Nelisharís body is crushed by one of the constricting tentacles, but he is hardy and despite the awful blow he is still functioning. The tentacle whips him through the water, before coming to a quick halt. There is a sudden displacement of water before all goes completely black.
Presuming you failed the grapple check from your round you take and additional 60 damage. This is followed by a bite attack for 41 (Fort Save DC 37, not poison).
Presuming you fail the grapple, with the 44 from the initial attack total damage is 155, leaving you at -45.
Final Comments:
the above presumes you all fail your grapple checks. Obviously if you donít that will change things.

Good try everyone! Youíre welcome to make new characters and retry or tweak the ones you have and run them through again. See you in the main forum, but please donít tell everyone what to expect. Iíd like to let them experience it for themselves.

Your turn Mr. Stabby. I presume you are acting differently than you posted.

playswithfire
2007-12-19, 02:54 PM
Eh, well, was still a fun character to make. What was that thing's attack bonus anyway?

Guess I should've beelined for the blades; and, yeah, planning before entering the sphere might've been a good idea. Live and learn i guess. Good luck to anyone who lived

Sxoa
2007-12-19, 03:20 PM
Eh, well, was still a fun character to make. What was that thing's attack bonus anyway?

Guess I should've beelined for the blades; and, yeah, planning before entering the sphere might've been a good idea. Live and learn i guess. Good luck to anyone who lived
I was surprised you didn't. Your nobility was your downfall. I had you posited as one of the most likely to survive this encounter. Mr. Stabby is still alive so keep things in character if they're out of spoiler.

And if you liked the character you're welcome to try again with him as is or tweak him and try again.

javcs
2007-12-19, 04:28 PM
[roll0]
That thing hits hard.

Wait, if I'm dead anyways ... does it matter?
Yeah, we definitely should've planned better.

I liked this group :/
I'm gonna tweak and re-run, if possible.
Edit: Forgot spoilers

Paladin Latham
2007-12-19, 07:46 PM
Mr. Stabby

"Hmm... I wonder what that was." Mr. Stabby thinks to himself as he casually swims towards the bottom right, just like Mr. Three said. "When we get out of this I'll have to thank him. Theres something not right with this water. It like that time I fell into the tea pot..."

Well who would've thought that Mr. Stabby would be the last one standing (aside from me that is :smallbiggrin: ) Well, if it attacked me it means I'm observed somehow, I don't know how that is but there you are. Mr. Stabby doesn't know that so he will continue to swim at half speed for a double move (aka 15ft.), hiding and moving silently whilst darkstalking.

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

How much bigger than me is this thing. It matters for the Easy Escape Trick. (Large +4, Huge +8, Gargantuan +12, Colossal +16 to escape artist, not that it will probably matter with damage and to hit like what I saw OOC. I mean DAMN!

Sxoa
2007-12-20, 07:48 AM
After the first five feet diagnol down Mr. Stabby bumps into a wall. Continuing his downward movement he passes into a sea of blades, but he manages to expertly dodge them, reflexively twitching out of the way based on the slight pressure fronts preceding each blade.
The above text presumes you make the reflex save. Oh yeah, make a reflex save.

Paladin Latham
2007-12-20, 08:56 AM
Mr. Stabby

"Blimey!" <- internal monologue

Reflex save [roll0] +5 if its a trap, Improved Evasion

Sxoa
2007-12-20, 09:33 AM
Mr. Stabby manages to successfully dodge the oncoming blades despite being unable to see them. He's just that talented.
No damage because of evasion. You can't see anything else happening so its your turn again.

Paladin Latham
2007-12-20, 09:58 AM
Mr. Stabby

Continuing to follow Three's advice, Mr. Stabby will search for an exit.

Fire Damage [roll0] Fast Healing 3
Swim another 15ft. in the down/east direction, hiding and moving silently. If I run into a wall before my second move action I'll make a search check by touch.

Search [roll1]
Hide [roll2]
Move Silently [roll3]

Sxoa
2007-12-20, 10:17 AM
Leaving the blades, Mr. Stabby pokes blindly about in the dark. He begins to feel a slight tugging sensation pulling him downwards.
You need to make a second reflex save since you stopped a turn inside the blade barrier. You need to make a swim check (which I think you autopass with your swim speed?).

Mr. Stabby

Continuing to follow Three's advice, Mr. Stabby will search for an exit.

Fire Damage [roll0] Fast Healing 3
Swim another 15ft. in the down/east direction, hiding and moving silently. If I run into a wall before my second move action I'll make a search check by touch.

Search [roll1]
Hide [roll2]
Move Silently [roll3]
You don't have natural cunning or anything of that ilk so I'm presuming by "down and east" you mean "down and some direction that I have a good feeling about" (you might have some means of direction sense that I missed, so I could be wrong). You're already up against the wall so you can't go any further towards it.

How much space does a search check cover?

Paladin Latham
2007-12-20, 10:32 AM
Mr. Stabby

Bother, bother, bother. It can never be easy... <- more internal monologue

Reflex [roll0] +5 if its a trap. I think a search check covers a 5ft. area.

edit: Stabby would have at lease swam down away from the blades before checking.

Sxoa
2007-12-20, 06:24 PM
The searching is slow going but Mr. Stabby works his way along the wall. He encounters a couple of locations where small holes (1/2 inch across) in the wall jet water out into the main chamber at an incredible velocity. They are like little underwater geysers that never stop. As he goes further down the undertow continues to get stronger.
I presumed he would too, the issue was that he ended his turn in the blades so he was affected by them twice (once for each round). Not that it matters since you've got an obscene reflex with improved evasion.

You autopass all your swim checks since you can take 10 with a swim speed, and your swim check is high enough.

It takes a full round action to search a five foot cube. Can you describe the search pattern you are taking? The surface curves towards you in both directions, you appear to be in some sort cylinder or tube.

Paladin Latham
2007-12-20, 08:18 PM
Mr. Stabby

Rubbing his chin in deep thought (as a free action) Mr. Stabby thinks;
Well there might be an exit below me, but my ratty-sense is telling me thats actually something bad. If only I was more tiny! Those jets would have made a smashing good exit point. Dash it all! I might as well get a feel for this place before I steep too long in the teapot.

Fire Damage [roll0] Fast Healing 3
If the layout is like what I'm imagining, the room looks like this so far:
|bad|
\ /
\ s/ <- wierd, I didn't know the forums did that. Make a qoute to see it.
\ /
?
If the room is roughly cone-ish Mr. stabby will search in a spiral going down 20ft. to the right always hiding and moving silently at 5ft. speed, then down 5ft. and another 20ft. until he gets the feeling that the cylinder is closing to less than 20ft. (side to side). Unless something happens to make me roll otherwise here are the rolls for the next 5 rounds:
(when the invisibility drops he will use a standard action to put it up again with the ring)
Hide [roll1]
Hide [roll2]
Hide [roll3]
Hide [roll4]
Hide [roll5]
Move Silently [roll6]
Move Silently [roll7]
Move Silently [roll8]
Move Silently [roll9]
Move Silently [roll10]
Search [roll11]
Search [roll12]
Search [roll13]
Search [roll14]
Search [roll15]
Fire Damage [roll16]
Fire Damage [roll17]
Fire Damage [roll18]
Fire Damage [roll19]
Fire Damage [roll20]

Edit: Of couse if the wall doesn't feel roundish I might change my action.

Sxoa
2007-12-21, 08:02 PM
Mr. Stabby begins his spiraling descent and the cylinder does not seem to be narrowing at all. The going is slow, as he thoroughly searches all the space he is crossing.

After a brief period (time is hard to keep track of in this endless gloom), he feels a massive displacement of water from above.

Paladin Latham
2007-12-21, 09:05 PM
Mr. Stabby

Uh oh... <- inside his head

Fire Damage [roll0] Fast Healing 3
I knew I should have put lead lining on all my magic items. I'm willing to bet thats how it finds me. Theres nothing else for it, Mr. Stabby swims strait down 15ft.

Hide [roll1]
Move Silently [roll2]

Paladin Latham
2007-12-28, 07:46 PM
Mr. Stabby

"huh, whats this then?"

Listen [roll0]

Sxoa
2008-01-04, 02:44 PM
You hear a loud screech of frustration above you. Immediately following this there is another surge of water, smaller than the first but still noticeable, pulling away from you towards the top of the tube. Roars and screeches of agony fill the inky gloom before it once again becomes quiet. The only sounds being the movement of the water. As you squirm downward along the wall you notice it begins to point inward.
I'm back on Eastern Time (GMT -5) now.

The last square of your 15 foot rush down is slanted inward, you'd guess at a 60 or 70 degree angle. The current continues to get stronger the further down you go.

Make another listen check

Paladin Latham
2008-01-05, 06:29 PM
Mr. Stabby

"An exit?"

Listen [roll0]

Sxoa
2008-01-05, 10:59 PM
As you ponder these things you hear a voice distantly through the water. You're not certain whether its just extremely garbled by the water or simply in a language you cannot understand. The words are deep and carrying, reminiscent of the storm tossed sea.

Paladin Latham
2008-01-06, 05:59 AM
Mr. Stabby

Mind whisper -> "Are you chaps still there? Still alive? No? Righto then."

Mr. Stabby's craven nature urges him to sit still and think. And since there is no better way to think than over a cup of tea, he puts away his crossbow, pulls out a teacup and his kettle, and proceeds to pour a cloud of tea that he blindly scoops with the teacup. In the middle of a firery, watery grave that will shortly boil him to death, Mr. Stabby can't help but feel that if he had more courage he would go investigate that noise...

Sxoa
2008-01-08, 11:14 PM
You hear a loud crunching and banging noise, like a hardwood tree being run through a wood chipper with fairly frequent cracks, akin to shattering stones. For a brief moment there are more fleshy noises, as if tough hard meat was being passed through a mulcher. There is a brief pause, it doesn't seem like too long, but time seems to be a funny thing here in the darkness, and once again the noise starts up for a brief stint. The water begins to smell and taste putrid, like something rotten and vile has been poured into it. Then partially through the water and partially through the metal wall you are up against you hear the sound of something pounding on metal, possibly even shearing it away.

Paladin Latham
2008-01-09, 07:26 AM
Mr. Stabby

"Give it hell chaps. Whatever it is."

*sips nasty water/tea*

Just waiting.

Sxoa
2008-01-10, 07:20 PM
For an instant you hear the sound of creaking metal before the roar of rushing water fills your ears. The current suddenly reverses and draws you upward.
make a swim check! You can take 10 but you don't know if that's enough to pass the DC. Maybe, maybe not...

Paladin Latham
2008-01-11, 02:26 AM
Mr. Stabby

"Oh dear..."

Mr. Stabby continues to Hide, Move Silently, Swim, and Drink Tea, All at once! He's that good!

Swim [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
Move Silenty [roll2]
Standard Action = Drink Tea

Sxoa
2008-01-11, 06:54 PM
The current jerks Mr. Stabby upward 15 feet before he manages to stabilize himself. The water continues to flow upward with tremendous force, and there is still the new sound of rushing water moving through a relatively small space.

Mr. Stabby is quite a talented man...rat...undead...thing.

Make another swim check.

Paladin Latham
2008-01-11, 11:45 PM
Mr. Stabby

"Well I suppose I should see whats happening. Its bound to happen soon anyway..."

Swim [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
Move Silently [roll2]
Standard Action = Put away tea kettle and cup

Mr. Stabby is trying to fight the current. Lets see what happens.

Sxoa
2008-01-12, 11:47 AM
Once again for an instant you hear the sound of creaking metal before the roar of rushing water fills your ears. The current jerks sideways and you are sucked towards the nearest wall. Rather than smacking into unforgiving metal though you pass with the water through empty space. Or at least mostly empty. As you hurtle through the short passage, you smack into something relatively solid, perhaps made of shell, but not anchored to anything. After bouncing off that you land on waterlogged sand.

As you quickly gain your bearings and draw yourself out of the direct blast of inky water you find yourself in the open air on what appears to be a vast desert, the only thing interrupting the endless sea of sand is the large pillar of iron rising up out of the ground that you have just exited. A well of water explodes out of the side of the monolith, drenching the ground below you with inky black water. The scalding hot water is rapidly releasing a cloud steam into the light breeze.

Looking at the sky you find another surprise. At least a third of the sky is filled with this world's moon. It is an enormous multicolored and striped thing, and you cannot see all of it below the desert horizon. The sun also is much larger, and you can feel it's intense heat, combined with the thin air beginning to dry you off, though not in a particularly cleansing fashion as the black stain of the ink still remains.

As you fade into the mists with your exceptional hiding skills you notice you are not alone. Two rust monsters (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG216.jpg) are pulling themselves up and out of the stream of water as well. Hovering slightly, they both seem capable of magical flight. Above you, you see a planetar (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG12.jpg) overseeing the two rust monsters. Hovering perhaps ten feet above you, you see a spellscale, normally human sized though this one is no bigger than you, swaddled in exotic silks. It too seems to be overseeing the two creatures.
The mists provide concealment so you can make a hide check using them (you don't have hide in plain sight). For orientating purposes, you are on the south side of the tower.
Make a spot check and a survival check

Paladin Latham
2008-01-12, 04:02 PM
Mr. Stabby

Mr. Stabby emerges from the mist of the ink water with a kettle and tea cup in his hands. After pooring himself a cup and sipping from it he says
"Well, I imagine you chaps aren't the ones I entered this place with. How do you do?

*continues sipping tea*

Will post again in thread #2

Paladin Latham
2008-01-12, 04:06 PM
forgot the spot and survival checks:

Spot [roll0]
Survival [roll1]

Sxoa
2008-01-12, 04:23 PM
You can start posting in Group 2's IC and OOC threads assuming they don't kill you. PM me anything private.