PDA

View Full Version : Malconvoker help

thorgrim29
2007-12-16, 09:12 PM
Hey y'all. I'll be playing an ECL 6 game soon, with the stat (before level and racial) being: 17,16,15,14,12,10, a 43 point buy equivalent (I'll talk to the dm about changing it to point buy....). And I want to play a malconvoker. At that level that pretty much means a cleric or a wizard. Frankly, I'm torn, what would be best? On one hand I get healing (thats realy something very important with that dm, he doesn't understand that everyone in the world is'nt at our power level, wich got pretty weird in an epic game), more hp, more BAB, etc..... On the other hand I get to be a wizard, something I have'nt done in a long time.

What do you think?

thorgrim29
2007-12-17, 11:44 AM
Hello? anyone?

Benejeseret
2007-12-17, 12:32 PM
Another option (one a player in my game is taking) is the Favored Soul. You are nearly always a level behind in the level of spells available as well as when you can take malconvoker.....but with the sorcerer-like divine spells per level you will almost never run out of summons. Plus there is a variant that adds temporary hitpoints whenever you cast a spell on an ally...and in my games this includes summoning the SM that shows up with the temp HP boost.

And if you get books like Tyrants of the Nine Hells, you get lots of neat new choices. For instance, there is one SMII swap in that can combine together to make a more powerful monster...so, stuck with low level summon spell, no problem (**tries to make the transformers sound when they combine but fails to spell it**) these little guys go all power ranger on you.

**EDIT

And this way using Favored Soul your primary stat is Charisma and thus useful in binding spells and the malconvoker bluff checks (which are likely cross-classed)

Wordmiser
2007-12-17, 12:41 PM
What do you think?I think you're asking us to tell you what you prefer to play. There's no way to answer this.

If you don't care, ask your group what would best compliment their own plans and go with that.