PDA

View Full Version : Eberron - First Inn, First Out



Pages : [1] 2 3

Theli
2007-12-17, 03:07 PM
It is the 25th of Zarantyr.

In a relatively quiet community of about 300 strong, there is an Inn. Well, there are many Inns, but this one is special. It is the first Inn, at least as far as Ghallanda is concerned. Going back as far as the halflings have bothered to keep track.

Within, there lies a boisterous group of travelers, relaxing after a long, bitter cold, road. All told, there are maybe 50 or 60. And the wine and ale is flowing freely. Most of the tables are constantly full, forcing people to mingle. Food is eternally pouring in from the kitchen in the back, expert waiters somehow managing to avoid any spills.

It is a diverse group of many races and many creeds. The symbol of the Silver Flame can be spotted here or there. As well as the clergy of a few of the Sovereign Host. At a corner table, an exhausted human priestess of the Fury sits eating almost alone. Giving knowing glances to some of the patrons as often as others thrust wary glances onto her. Elsewhere, one of the three warforged present is acting remarkably sociable as he attempts to strike up a conversation. At the same time, a dwarf can just barely be overheard critiquing the Inn's layout, suggesting that they wall up one of the side exits in order to beef up security.

Suddenly, a haggard-looking elf stumbles roughly through the front doors, causing an incredibly brief hush to fall. Without pausing to address the onlookers, he rushes to the bar, reserves one of the few rooms remaining, and proceeds to order one wine bottle after another. After an hour or two he collapses, plainly unconscious. One of the barkeepers then asks some of the patrons to haul him up to the second floor.

As the night wears on, the many patrons leave for their rooms, either in this Inn or elsewhere in town. One of the proprietors remains to keep watch over the nearly empty floor.



--------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, this is going to be a little unorthodox but...

*Roll Initiative*



DungeonMaster77:
You awaken in your room refreshed. The room has an eerie illumination and turning to face the door you see 2 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you. You see your gear where you left it last night.

GimliFett:
You awaken in your room refreshed. The room has an eerie illumination and turning to face the door you see 3 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you. You see your gear where you left it last night.

Randel:
While busy practicing your craft, your room suddenly becomes darker. It looks like the room's lantern has gone out, but there remains an eerie illumination. Turning to your left, toward the door, you see 3 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you.

Suzoro:
You awaken in what you can only assume to be the room you rented last night. A raging hangover pierces your mind and when you turn to face the door you see 3 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you. Behind them you see your backpack. But your weapons rest on the end table next to your bed.

WillWolf
You awaken in your room refreshed. The room has an eerie illumination and turning to face the door you see 3 sets of shining eyes low to the ground glaring at you. You see your gear where you left it last night.

You can declare what actions you're taking right away, but realize that depending on initiative circumstances may change. Ask any questions in the OOC channel.

GimliFett
2007-12-17, 03:26 PM
Syd
Initiative: [roll0]

Syd notes his observers with slitted eyes before suddenly lunging out of bed for his rapier and standing in an en garde position.

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-17, 03:42 PM
Father Porter

Rolling for Initiative: [roll0]

"Be you good or evil?" He asks the sets of eyes.

Regardless of the response, he pulls up the wooden-painted-silver holy symbol around his neck. He inches towards his gear gets up out of bed, intending on picking up his shield where it lies with his equipment on the chair next to his bed first, then his morningstar if it is close enough and he has enough actions, and readies himself for an attack.


What kind of devilry is this...

***OOC: WOOT!! Finally the board dice roller shows me some love! Also, that last bit is more for flavor, as he has no more actions remaining.

Suzuro
2007-12-17, 07:21 PM
Rolling Initiative: [roll0]



...What the duece...? I didn't order room service
Aelodin gets up slowly, still not positive this isn't a dream. Walks over to the table with his weapons, his eyes constantly watching the eyes, grabs his pick and prepares.
Well...I can say with somewhat certainty that this isn't a dream. Oh, well, I need some anger management anyways!
And with that, he grips the pick and prepares himself.


Actions
Move action: Get up
Move action: Pick up heavy pick and wield it in two hands

Randel
2007-12-17, 09:33 PM
Carmot

Inititative:[roll0]

Turning towards the three sets of eyes, he looks at them.

Three of them, low to the ground. These are either halflings, gnomes, or goblins.

"Who are you, friend or foe?" He says in common, but then says in goblin, "What do you want?"

He pulls out his dagger and casts light on it.

WillWolf
2007-12-17, 11:16 PM
Richard:

[roll0] Iniative

He groggidly awoke, still somewhat tired from his trip, and saw three sets of eyes in the shadows. He chasticed himself for not sleeping his armor, for in all reality, he could have done so. His armor with the rest of his gear was against the wall, but his sword was on his bedside stand. He grabbed it imedietly and stared down the three beings that stared at him from the darkness, trying to pry into their very soul.

(({ooc: If they are evil.} He abstained from trying to cut them down immedietly with his sword. Outnumbered or not, he had no tolerance on those who preyed on the sleepers of the inn. He could only assume that he awoke because he some how sensed them in the dark. He got out of bed sword in hand and readying for a fight.

"Show yourself. I will not tolerate you bothering the people of the inn."))

(({ooc: if good/Neutral} "What is it?" His sword still in hand, readying to strike from his bed.))

Theli
2007-12-18, 12:36 AM
Suzuro:

Init: 22

Immediately after jumping out of bed and grabbing your pick, the things the eyes belong to start moving. They split up, one coming straight toward you, one to the left, and one to the right. Soon they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, are upon you and you have a choice of which to attack.


OOC: Attack of Opportunity on whichever target you wish. Also, this is one of those rare times where you can make a Listen check.


DungeonMaster77:

Init: 18

"Be you good or evil?"

You get out of bed clutching your holy symbol and manage to grab and don your shield before they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, spring into action. They split up, left and right, rushing toward you.


OOC: You can make an attack of opportunity by bashing with your shield, suffering a -4 non-proficiency penalty and doing 1d4 + half your STR mod in damage, but then you will be without its AC until your next turn. If you do this, choose a target, left or right. Let me know if you decide to not take the AOO.


GimliFett:

Init: 16

Immediately after you lunge out of bed and grab your rapier, the things the eyes belong to start moving. They split up, one coming straight toward you, one to the left, and one to the right. Soon they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, are upon you and you have a choice of which to attack.

OOC: Attack of Opportunity on whichever target you wish.



Randel:

Init: 7

"Who are..."

Before you were able to spit out another word, the things the eyes belong to start moving. Closing distance quickly and climbing up your legs they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, seem to almost be playing with you as they run rampant around your wood and metal frame. That is before one of them opens its mouth wide, snarls, and bites your neck hard. A gleam of light escapes from the area where the creature bit. The creature stays attached there, refusing to let go.

OOC: You take one point of HP damage and one point of Con damage. (Lowering your HP to 4 total.) You can now take whatever actions you were planning to. Although you have a natural weapon in the form of a slam attack which you can use to strike the attached creature, which is now denied its Dex to AC. Also, if you move it's likely the other creatures will fall off.

Also, this is one of those rare times where you can make a Listen check.


Willwolf:

Init: 5

Too groggy to react in time, the things the eyes belong to start moving. Climbing up on the bed they, what can only be described as shadowy weasels, seem to almost be playing with you as they run rampant. That is before one of them opens its mouth wide, snarls, and lunges for your neck. But, through sheer *DUMB LUCK*, reflexive action saves your jugular and you hear a soft thud behind you as the creature goes flying past.

OOC: Now you can take whatever actions you wish. Note that Detect Evil is a standard action. You can attempt to strike these things unarmed, if you wanted to, but it would provoke a counter-attack from the creature you strike at. Getting out of bed may force these things off you.

Randel
2007-12-18, 01:49 AM
Carmot

"I am under attack!" Carmot shouts as he bashes at one of the weasel things. He moves towards the door, trying to shake off the creatures as he does so. He listens for whatever there is to listen to.

Slam attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Randel
2007-12-18, 02:01 AM
Carmot

Oh yeah, and the listen and spot checks

Listen:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

WillWolf
2007-12-18, 02:19 AM
It was all like a dream really. Weird ferrity things running up and down his bedpost and circling around his legs. Groggidly he blinked and then dodged barely as the thing tried to eat his

What the heck? What were these things? They certainly weren't anything he had seen before and he had been in the wilderness for all of his young life. It wasn't anything he had heard about either, but then again he never really did understand when things were happening.

But he realized now that he was under attack, and that his armor was tucked away with the rest of his gear. The only thing that he had within reach was his weapon. The only thing that he really cared about was trying to figure out what the heck was happening.

He got out of bed, snarling at the creatures, and before he knew it shifted in reflex as the monsters clambered for him. He readied his weapon for attack, holding it in both hands, without a shield, he'd need all the strength behind the attacks that he could get.

((ooc: Free action: is Shifting ... Move action: Get off the bed ... Double Move action: Draw weapon [from bedpost]))

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-18, 08:19 AM
Father Porter

Hmmm...it seems I am under attack...

Fr. Porter attempts to bash the beastie on his right as an AOO.

[roll0](1d20 + 2 attack bonus, -4 non prof. penalty = -2)

***OOC: WOOT!!!! Nat 20!!! Dang the boards love me in this game.

Oops...forgot...gotta make new post for new rolls.:smallbiggrin:

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-18, 09:31 AM
[roll0] To confirm possible crit

[roll1] Damage

If the crit confirms (and they aren't undead or constructs or somesuch): [roll2]

***OOC: Hmm...so much for the crit...

Theli
2007-12-18, 09:55 AM
DungeonMaster77:

Init: 18

*pop* The creature on the right runs head first into your shield bash. It evaporates into slivers of shadow. Now there are only 2 beings in this room.

The other beastie climbs up your leg and tries to find an opportunity to strike, but it fails horribly.

You hear a yell "I am under attack!", barely making out the words, coming from the room to your left, as you face the door.

OOC: Done for this round. You can declare your actions for the next.



Randel:

Init: 7

"I am under attack!"

Flailing wildly, you fail to do much good. However your movements toward the door have caused at least one of the creatures to fall off of you.

OOC: Done for this round. You will be able to make an AOO as the creature you expelled returns. So go ahead and roll for that.


Willwolf:

Init: 5

Only one of the creatures dislodges as you shift, get up off the bed, and grab your sword.

You hear loudly and clearly a tinny voice shouting "I am under attack!" coming from behind the closed door and somewhat to the right.

OOC: Done for this round. You will be able to make an AOO as the creature you expelled returns. So go ahead and roll for that.

GimliFett
2007-12-18, 11:43 AM
Syd
Attack: [roll0]

Syd thrusts his rapier at the shadowy weasel closest to the wall, intending to clear space so he could keep the others from flanking him. "Who'd send a weasel ta do a man's job?" he asks flippantly.

GimliFett
2007-12-18, 11:56 AM
Syd
Action Point: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Total to Hit: 17.

Theli
2007-12-18, 12:10 PM
GimliFett:

Init: 16

*pop* You skewer the weasel on your left with the tip of your rapier. It evaporates into slivers of shadow.

The other two have no trouble reaching you. One runs around your feet, an obvious distraction, as the other lunges, jaw wide open, snarls, and bites hard on your outstretched hand. A gleam of light escapes from the area where the creature bit. The creature stays attached there, refusing to let go.

You hear loudly and clearly a tinny voice shouting "I am under attack!" coming from behind the closed door and far to the right.

OOC: You take one point of HP damage and one point of Con damage. Done for this round. You can declare your actions for the next.

GimliFett
2007-12-18, 01:22 PM
Syd
HP: 6/7(normally 8, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Grimacing in pain, Syd attempts to bash the biting weasel against the wall, to no avail. "You ain't the only one, bub!" he yells out. He then quickly moves to the door of his room, but does not open it.

GimliFett
2007-12-18, 01:26 PM
Syd

Attack: [roll0] Olladra, gimme a good roll!
Ugh. So much for that!

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-18, 04:21 PM
Father Porter

As a move action, I pick up my morningstar (which probably provokes an AOO, which I'm willing to take), and then bring it over that stupid thing's head:

Attack: [roll0]

I yell:

"By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!"

WillWolf
2007-12-18, 06:47 PM
Attack of Opportunity:
[roll0]+size mod (Shifting included in previous statement)
Damage: (holding longsword in both hands. Shifting bonus included) [roll1]


"By the Flame begone!" he snarled as he swung his sword at the demonic little weasel returned. Whatever these twisted demons were he wanted no part of it.

"Hold strong! I'll come soon." He yelled at the speaker. But he couldn't have these things tailing him from behind either. He needed to get rid of these three little pesky rodents first, or else they might surround the lot of them, or worse yet, attack someone else.

He attacked again. "Leave!"

(ooc: If he did not down the previous target, than he'll attack that one again. If he felled it than assume he went for the next closest demonic ferret. If he has to move he'll do it. He'll also take the attack of opportunity if it occurs. If he doesn't need to move to get to his next target, he takes a five-foot-step towards the door.)

Attack:[roll2]+size mod (Shifting included in previous roll)
Damage: (holding longsword in both hands. Shifting bonus included) [roll3]

Suzuro
2007-12-18, 07:23 PM
As the...things rounded about, Aelodin was given a moment.

"Heh...ameteurs..you left yourself wide open..!" He said as he swung at the middle creature, aiming to cripple it in one blow.

Attack of Oppurtunity: [roll0]

WillWolf
2007-12-18, 07:24 PM
Richard

Forgot my second attack with my teeth *rawr*:

[roll0]

Suzuro
2007-12-18, 07:26 PM
Nah, I won't use an action point

Damage: [roll0]


Also, no, I won't use my standard action, because then I would lose mine from this turn...


For next round: Hmph! These things don't know howto fight! Aelodin said as he took a swing at one of the beasts, and then took a step back, preparing himself for the next flurry.


If I don't kill the center beast, then I will swing at it again and then take a five foot step away, parallel to the bed, away from the table....if that makes any sense.



-Suzuro

Randel
2007-12-18, 08:35 PM
Carmot

Attack of opportunity

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Theli
2007-12-18, 09:47 PM
Suzuro:

Init: 22

*pop* With a mighty blow, your pick eviscerates the creature it strikes. Nothing remains.


You hear loudly and clearly a tinny voice shouting "I am under attack!" coming from a room to your far left, facing the door.

The other two have no trouble reaching you. One runs around your feet, an obvious distraction, as the other lunges, jaw wide open snarling, and finds a tender place to bite, YOUR EYE. Even through the sheer PAIN of wound, you can make out a gleam of light escaping for your eye socket. Somehow, you can still see, though the inside of the beast looks no better than the outside. The creature stays there attached, refusing to let go.

OOC: *DM holds up huge sign saying "CRIT!!!"*

Take 2 points of HP damage and 2 Con damage.

You can now take your actions for the second round. (Probably getting revenge...) If you don't reply by midnight tonight, I'll assume that you wanted me to roll your attack on the attached creature and will do so.


DungeonMaster77:

Init: 18

You pick up your Morningstar and turn to strike the foul beast. (Reroll your flubbed attack roll to find out what happens.)

You hear "You ain't the only one, bub!" coming from behind the door and to the right.

"By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!"

Then you hear another yell, "By the Flame begone!", "Hold strong! I'll come soon.", and then "Leave!" coming from out the door and across the hall.

OOC: I wonder what happened with that roll...


GimliFett:

Init: 16

You try to slam the creature at the wall, but can't seem to do any appreciable damage. It remains there, slowly gnawing away at your hand.

"You ain't the only one, bub!"

Distracted by the creature on your weapon hand, you don't notice it's partner creeping up on you and biting your other hand's wrist HARD, almost cutting through the bone. Again, you see the tell-tale gleam of light.

You hear someone yell "By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!" out the door and to the right.

Then you hear another yell, "By the Flame begone!", "Hold strong! I'll come soon.", and then "Leave!" coming from a room far to the right.

OOC: *DM holds up huge sign saying "CRIT!!!"*

You are now dual-wielding weasels. :p

You take 1 point of damage, but no more con damage, from the already attached weasel, as it needs no attack roll to harm you. The other weasel inflicts 2 more HP and 2 more CON damage.

That's the end of the 2nd round for you, unless you wanted to do something with that move action.



Randel:

Init: 7

When you move, one of the creature loses its balance and drops to the floor. As it rushes toward you, you hear a series of quick yells coming from behind door and to the right:

"You ain't the only one, bub!"
"By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!"
"By the Flame begone!"
"Hold strong! I'll come soon."
"Leave!"

The creature on your neck continues to gnaw away at you as you take a swing against the incoming beast.

OOC: You take one point of damage from the attached creature.

Roll your crit confirm roll to find out what happens next during the second round.


Willwolf:

Init: 5

After you move, one creature falls to the floor. However, it quickly rushes toward you, easily dodging your retaliatory strike.

You hear a series of yells coming from the rooms around you:

"You ain't the only one, bub!"
"By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!"
"By the Flame begone!"
"Hold strong! I'll come soon."
"Leave!"

The creatures proceed to run around and all over you, attempting to find the perfect place and time to strike. One eventually does, opening its jaw wide, snarling, and it takes a bite out of your left shoulder. A gleam of light emerges from the wound. And the creature remains attached there, refusing to let go.

Attempts to dislodge it prove to be difficult, and you miss all your attacks wildly.

OOC: Take 1 HP and 1 CON damage. You're done for the 2nd round.

Suzuro
2007-12-18, 10:04 PM
Ahg! Get offa me you sonnuva...! Aeolodin screamed as the beast attached to his eye.

You. Will. Pay He screamed as he flailed about, trying to get the things off his face.

Actions
Attack: [roll0]
Waiting to see if I need an action point

Stats
HP: 6 (8 Con)


-Suzuro

Suzuro
2007-12-18, 10:07 PM
Rolls
Okay, we'll gauge this and see if it hits.
Damage: [roll0]
Also, I'm using dodge on the one not attached to my face.




-Suzuro

Randel
2007-12-18, 10:10 PM
Carmot

Critical roll:
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-18, 10:15 PM
***OOC: Grr...I don't know either...watch me fumble this hit...I feel an Action Point getting ready to be used...


Attack Roll: [roll0]


***OOC: Hmmm...close enough...:smallyuk:

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-18, 10:37 PM
***OOC: Okay...here goes...


Rolling to use an action point, and hopefully it'll help...

Action Point: [roll0]


That makes a...

hopefully a 15 hits?

Theli
2007-12-18, 10:39 PM
Suzuro:

You hear several yells from the rooms around you:
"You ain't the only one, bub!"

"By the Silver Flame! Let us kill these things and aide the other patrons, as I am sure they are also in danger! Call out if you need assistance!"

"By the Flame begone!"
"Hold strong! I'll come soon."
"Leave!"

You yourself let out several screams...

Ahg! Get offa me you sonnuva...!

You. Will. Pay

You teach the creature that struck you a painful lesson, as it too evaporates into nothing. And you somehow manage to avoid getting that huge pick stuck in your eye.

The remaining beast gives up on its distraction and snaps at you, but you easily dodge out of the way.


DungeonMaster77

You hear some more yelling:
Ahg! Get offa me you sonnuva...!
You. Will. Pay


OOC: Here comes the d8 to save the day! :p

You hit resoundingly...

OOC: Now roll that beautiful damage.



Carmot:

With a powerful kick, you boot the straggler across the room into the wall, where it promptly dissipates into nothing but shadow.

You hear some more yelling:
Ahg! Get offa me you sonnuva...!
You. Will. Pay

The remaining unattached creature leaps at you and attaches to the sigil on your forehead, biting deep and HARD. Again, you notice light emitting from the wound, though you are barely concious.



OOC: *DM holds up huge sign saying "CRIT!!!"*

You take 2 more HP damage and 2 more con damage... this, along with the 1 point of damage from the attached creature, puts you down to 0 hitpoints.

Which means that you are disabled and can only take one standard or movement action. Although any standard or strenuous action will take you down to negative hitpoints and make you inert. (Unconscious.) So hopefully the next action you take will be something that heals you. *hint, hint*

Theli
2007-12-18, 10:57 PM
GimliFett and WillWolf:

You hear some more yelling:
Ahg! Get offa me you sonnuva...!
You. Will. Pay



OOC to ALL:You can start posting 3rd round actions now. Remember that these creatures really are supposed to threaten in their own squares, so I will be following that from now on. Although any attached creature no longer threatens.

Theli
2007-12-18, 11:26 PM
DungeonMaster77:

OOC: Actually, you probably already know that a hit would kill them with your STR. So assume that the creature is dead.

...and it dissipates into shadow like its partner.

OOC: You can declare 3rd round actions now. There are no more creatures left in your room.

Randel
2007-12-18, 11:44 PM
Carmot

Feeling himself breaking down, Carmot casts an infusion to repair his systems.


Casting Repair Light Damage: [roll0]
Concentration check if its needed: [roll1]

Oh, and my Light Fortification racial trait should negate 1 out of 4 critical hits, I guess it didn't help this time.

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-18, 11:45 PM
Father Porter

AC: 13 (normally 17)
HP: A wopping 9

"Hold fast! Show these demons no mercy! If you need help, yell for it, as I can heal wounds! Otherwise I go to help the first person I come across!


Father Porter looks around the room for a moment to ensure that there are no other evil-demon-shadow-ghost-like-weasles around, and heads off to the door to my left, as I assume that someone worshipping the Silver Flame can defend themselves, as well as somebody making snide remarks, and the person who yelled "I am under attack" seemed to be caught off guard and in need of help. If I'd have enough move, and can get into that room and see any of the shadow-weasles, I attack it.

If needed/I can:

Attack Roll: [roll0]

Theli
2007-12-18, 11:53 PM
Randel:

OOC:
Sorry, sorry. As I said in the OOC thread, you made it. The last attack only did 1 HP damage and 1 Con damage, so you are still up and moving. (total of 3 hp damage and 2 Con damage)

You can either keep this action and make a move action... (maybe opening that door.) Or choose another course of action.

Suzuro
2007-12-19, 12:18 AM
Hah! Foul beasts! Hell Hath No Fury like an Angry, Hung-over elf!




Attack the next weasel...thing
Attack: [roll0]

Stats
HP: 6 (8 Con) AC: 18 (dodge) FF: 14 Touch: 13


-Suzuro

Suzuro
2007-12-19, 12:20 AM
Rolls
SO, I've decided to try using an action point!
[roll0] Total attack roll.
Damage: [roll1]





-Suzuro

WillWolf
2007-12-19, 12:55 AM
Hitpoints: 10/11 Con: 12(out of 13) This post is Shifting: 3/5

What will happen with my Healing Factor feat? Will it not work or was the con needed at the beginning of the battle?

Btw, I fixed another mistake on my sheet: HP was too high. I was fiddling with taking toughness, but decided against it. Anyways long and the short of it is that I fixed it again. Al

The dark little thing had bit him. He growled in anger as his violent attempts to shake him off proved to be useless. He decided to reciprocate the attack with his own bite.

Attack with Bite:[roll0]
I'm not sure if a natural weapon is considered a mellee attack. If it is not than take away/alter the +4. It's not considered a secondary attack because right now he's not using his sword (still in hand)

I may use an action point to do so.

WillWolf
2007-12-19, 12:57 AM
Richard

Action Point: [roll0]

4/5 left

Theli
2007-12-19, 12:58 AM
OOC: I think everybody has a general idea of where people are and what kind of area they're in. Most of you would have remembered the layout when you wetn up to your room anyway. So here is a map, color-coded for your convenience.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6673/inn2rvm1.jpg

OOC: This is the scene at the end of round 2.

WillWolf
2007-12-19, 12:59 AM
Grr, spam a lot. @__@;;

Damage: [roll0]

Again I'm not sure if you add the +3 to a natural attack. SDR doesn't say which way to my knowledge.

Randel
2007-12-19, 01:07 AM
Carmot

"I am a warforged, I am built to protect."

Carmot hits the shadow creature that bit his emblem and then quickly opens the door and takes a five foot step out of the room.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Just to make sure I know the rules. I could full-attack with my slam attack as if wielding two weapons (since my slam attack is basically a souped up unarmed strike) but I take a -4 on my primary hand and -8 on my secondary hand. Wouldn't be particularly effective since I have 0 BAB or strength mod to my slam attack, but it would be possible. right?

GimliFett
2007-12-19, 10:31 AM
Syd
HP: 2/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Starting to panic, Syd jabs his rapier into the beast on his left arm, then opens the door and steps into the hallway. "I'm not droppin' ta a pair o' you li'l buggers!" he yells.

Attack: [roll0]

Theli
2007-12-19, 01:14 PM
Suzuro:

Init: 22

You think you might have caught a piece of it. But, the weasel just barely escapes the might of your heavy pick. It then deftly runs up your arm and bites to attach onto your shoulder, again with a gleam of light.

OOC: Take 1 HP and 1 CON damage.


DungeonMaster77:

Init: 18

You are able to move to the door, open it, then run to the door of the room to the left on the same side of the hallway. You get there just in time to block a red-eyed warforged who has just opened the door and was about to leave. He/she/it seems in incredibly poor shape, with 2 weasels attached. One to the neck, and the other hangs from the forehead. A strange goo has bled from both wounds. He seems to be about ready to collapse.

All the way down the hall, you also notice a black-haired dwarf in night attire step out of a room. He is visibly very beaten up and has one of the beasts attached to his weapon hand, which is holding a rapier. Both hands have suffered injury and there is some bleeding. He seems to be yelling for assistance.


GimliFett:

Init: 16

OOC: Since you haven't posted otherwise yet, I'm going to assume that your attack roll stands without AP expenditure. There is no need to roll damage, as you'll do enough.

You just barely catch the little bugger on the tip of your rapier and run it through. As you open the door and step out, you see a human in night attire who has just left their own room and moved to just outside a room further down the hall. Right as they get there, the door opens from the inside and a form, which you can't make out, just barely keeps from slamming into him. The human seems to be in perfect shape and wields a morningstar and heavy shield. He turns to notice you as you yell, while the last beast continues to gnaw away at your weapon hand.

OOC: 1 more point of HP damage.



Randel:

Init: 7

Your headbutts against the door seem to be doing more damage to you than to your target. As you open the door, you prepare to leap out...but stop yourself short to keep from slamming into the blond hair, green eyed human you see before you. You see the tell-tale symbol of the Silver Flame on a necklace around his neck. He is wearing night attire and wields a morningstar and heavy shield. You barely hear some yelling coming from the right down the hallway.

OOC: The next round, unless this human does something, the beasts WILL disable you before you can take your next action.


Willwolf:

Init: 5

The two free beasts circle you and one finally decides to strike, biting your left knee. The telltale gleam of light appears again.

You show the creature attached to your left shoulder what a REAL bite is like. Its two halves dissipate into shadow.

OOC: 1 more HP and 1 more CON damage. You now have 1 creature attached, and another free, in your room. You still have a move action.

GimliFett
2007-12-19, 01:30 PM
Syd
HP: 1/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

A little lightheaded and woozy, the dwarf still manages to switch the rapier to his other hand and jabs at the shadow creature attached to his wrist. "Join yer friend in Kyber, ya daft bugger!" he grunts.

Attack: [roll0]
I'll mention in the future if I'll not be spending an Action Point, otherwise it'll be in the second post with the damage roll. :smallsmile:

GimliFett
2007-12-19, 01:33 PM
Syd

Figures I'd crit, huh?
Confirm Crit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]; I know I get sneak attack since it has no Dex, but I don't think it'll matter, nae? :smallbiggrin:
Theli: Are we multiplying the damage rolled, or rolling multiple times?

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-19, 03:47 PM
Father Porter

"Here, let me help you with those..."

The human with the holy symbol of the Silver Flame around his neck and shield, wielding the morningstar attempts to hit the weasle things without hitting the warforged.

I think that is a -4 to hit, as a "called shot" per the rules. Here is my attack roll for it: [roll0](that's 1d20 +2 for my attack bonus -4 due to called shot.)

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-19, 03:49 PM
Father Porter


Grrr...what's with the 8's? I use another action point...[roll0]


***OOC: Wow...dejavu'...didn't this attack happen in recent history?:smallbiggrin:

Theli
2007-12-19, 06:37 PM
Suzoro:

OOC: Nothing to see here, check your spoiler up above for directions for the 3rd round. Just didn't want you to feel left out as I had things to post for everybody else. :p


DungeonMaster77:

Init: 18

With a *crack*, you dislodge the beast from the poor 'forged's forehead. It dissipates before hitting the ground. The other creature attached to their neck however continues to gnaw away viciously.

OOC: You still have a move action left. BTW, I forgot to ask when you usually prepare spells. Most clerics due it at dawn, but not all.


GimliFett:

Init: 16

You notice that the human seems to have attempted to strike the hidden person in the head and you hear a loud *crack*.

As quickly as possible, considering your wounds, you switch handedness with the rapier and show the beast your "Inigo Montoya" style. It gnaws no longer.

OOC: Switching a weapon between hands is a move action apparently.



Randel:

Init: 7

The human reaches back and almost seems to be striking you, but he only crushes the beast attached to your forehead instead. *crack*

Unfortunately, the one on your neck couldn't care less and continues its gnawing.

OOC: Take 1 more HP damage. By my calculations you should be at 1/5 with 3 total CON damage. You can take your 3rd turn now.


Willwolf:

Init: 5

The final beast gives up its distraction and lunges at you, biting your left foot. The beast on your left knee continues its assault.

OOC: 2 more hp damage and 1 more con damage. You should be at 3/9 with 4 CON damage by my calculations. You can take your 3rd turn now.

Suzuro
2007-12-19, 09:03 PM
Hmmm...! Sneaky little bugger!


Actions
Attack the weasel on my arm: [roll0]
If it is destroyed I'll use my move action to go and open the door if I can, or just go to the door if I can't.

Stats
HP: 4 (7 Con) AC: 18 (Dodge) FF: 13 Touch: 15



-Suzuro

Randel
2007-12-19, 09:04 PM
Carmot

Thank you.

Sensing his damage building, Carmot casts Repair Light Damage on himself.

repair:[roll0]

"I was designed more for ranged combat and these creatures are out of my expertise. Could you please get the other one?"

The warforged gets his crossbow out once the weasel has been dealt with.

Theli
2007-12-19, 09:53 PM
Suzuro:

Init: 22

You shatter the form of the final beast with ease. And then move to the door to open it. In the hallway to the right, you see a dwarf with black hair and dark brown eyes, he is wield a rapier and both his hands have sustained major wounds. He is standing outside an open room door in night attire.




Randel:
OOC: No DM intervention needed here. You do what you just said you did.


For everybody with a view to the outside:
Another door opens in the middle of the hallway.

GimliFett:

A male elf with gray hair and blue eyes, wearing a chain shirt in a tattered green outfit and wielding a heavy pick, stands there, defiant.



OOC: Still need WillWolf's actions for the 3rd round.

Theli
2007-12-19, 11:02 PM
Updated image:
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7141/inn3rvf6.jpg

GimliFett
2007-12-20, 11:03 AM
Syd

The dwarf looks haggard and woozy from his obvious loss of blood. "If there's someone who can heal me a little, I'll gladly help out with more o' these li'l buggers!" he calls out as he leans against the doorjam to his room. Can't be a hero if you're dead, he thinks to himself and chuckles softly, eliciting a whimper of pain from his wounds.

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-20, 03:34 PM
Father Porter

"Those of the Silver Flame are always able to help those in need. The name is Father Porter, cleric of the sacred Silver Flame. My friends call me 'Father' or 'Padre.' "


I take a wack (after WillWolf posts actions of course) at the one on his neck:

Attack roll: (PLEASE NO MORE ACTION POINT USAGE!!!!:smallsigh: ) [roll0] (1d20+2 attack bonus, as you said no called shots are needed)

***OOC: Geeze...that is it...no more action points used in this encounter! Sorry guys...

WillWolf
2007-12-20, 06:19 PM
Sorry for the delay. Yes that damage sounds about right. 4/5 Shifting.

"Crooked demons!" He snarled through rather thick teeth as he was attacked by two of the little demons grafted onto his leg and foot. He decided to just attack the little buggers; he couldn't do anything with his teeth, but being right beside the wall, he decided to just crush them to death.

"Die!"

One on foot: Sword attack: [roll0]

Is it possible to do both an attack and a crushing against the wall? If not just do the sword attack. I don't know the mods for it. If you could do the damage roll for the crushing, I don't have my books and I don't know what the damage would be.

One on knee: Crushing attack: [roll1]

WillWolf
2007-12-20, 06:21 PM
Sword damage: [roll0]

Theli
2007-12-20, 07:09 PM
Willwolf:

Init: 5

As frustration builds, you commit to an unlikely gambit.

Hopping on your right leg, lifting the left with your hand, you leap over to the wall behind you attempting to crush the beast on your foot with your mass. At the same time, you attempt to slice the other beast, attached to the knee of the same leg, with your sword...

Amazingly enough, it works. While the lower beast isn't completely crushed, it seems to have let go and lays unconscious on the floor. And with your back to the wall, you have little difficulty maintaining enough of a balance to get a decent slice at the other, killing it.



OOC: It wasn't really obvious how to do this in game mechanic terms. However, it's conceivable that such a crush could be considered an unarmed strike. Combining this with a regular one-handed longsword attack meant that you were utilizing two-weapon fighting. This gave you massive penalties: -4/-8. However, they weren't enough to counter how well you rolled.

Which is incredibly fortunate since I might've considering making you do the action anyway since you rolled without asking. :p

The reason why one of the beasts is unconscious, and not properly crushed, is because by default unarmed strikes do non-lethal damage. It would require a -4 penalty in order to do lethal. You might have been better off sitting down and biting. :p

Incidentally, your strength is enough that I'm really not worried about the damage you might have rolled for this encounter. Although, please roll 1d3 and add half your strength modifier.



OOC: Ok guys, that's the end of round 3. No more doors have opened in the hallway. Round 4 is coming up now. DM77 has already declared their action. Now it's everybody else's time to do so. Place your bets.

Randel
2007-12-20, 08:11 PM
Carmot

Carmot tries smashing the creature on his neck.

Since I apparently can't make a full attack... which I suspect would involve slamming myself against the wall in an attempt to crush the thing and then trying to smack it with my one free hand. (since I got my crossbow out to wield it.)

I guess I'll try hitting it with my free hand and then load my crossbow... you know, something that I wouldn't do in real life but have to do here because I can't make two slam attacks per turn.

He hits at it with his free hand and then loads his crossbow. "I appreciate your assistance in this matter. My name is Carmot, do you have any idea on what these creatures might be? Their attacks seem to be weakening my systems in addition to the regular damage."

Randel
2007-12-20, 08:12 PM
Slam attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Theli
2007-12-20, 08:40 PM
Randel:

OOC:
Edit: Ok, nevermind! I'll take that as your action. You can still move out into the hallway instead of drawing the crossbow.



It's not that you can't make a full-round attack, it's just that you can't combine slam attacks with regular attacks. And if you were to, say, dual-wield unarmed, you would face hefty penalties. Still, it gives you two chances to get decent rolls, although you'll be doing non-lethal damage.

If you really, really want to do a full-round attack, then I'll allow the double unarmed strike. The penalties are -4/-8. Which means that you'll have to roll this:

1d20-4, 1d3+0
1d20-8, 1d3+0

Or, you can grapple the beast. You'd roll a touch attack, straight 1d20, then if that hits you roll an opposed strength check. Now, it's a little animal-type creature, so it will face hefty penalties. If you succeed the strength check (and you'll have to wait for me to roll for the creature.), there's a good chance that you'll be able to knock out the beast since it will do some non-lethal damage. Roll 1d3+ for this.

If you don't knock it out, then next round you can do another check to attempt a pin. If you succeed, then you'll be holding the beast unattached safely on the ground giving someone an easy melee attack opportunity to finish it off.

If you do a grapple, you'll still have a move action. If you want something to do with the move action, you can move out into the hallway, through the human since they're currently considered an ally and probably wouldn't try to block you, and see if the other people you heard might be able to help.

Randel
2007-12-20, 10:14 PM
Carmot

Why yes, I would like to get more CON damage from this little rat when it attack of opportunities me for leaving its threatened square. heh heh... no, not really.


I keep my attack, load my crossbow, and take a 5-foot step west to 8-2. Shaking this thing off of me while I go. Then I'll get an AoO when it tries to enter my square.


Edit: Okay, I make my attack and then head out to square 8-4 the corner to the north west of Father Porter

WillWolf
2007-12-20, 10:56 PM
[roll0] With a strength mod of +3 half of that is 1.5. I assumed to go up and not down.

Oh yeah what would the darkness ferret taste like? I'm assuming bitter and sort up-chucky buuuut that is just going by their evil-like ways. Because evil is always bitter >__> *goes Superman/Paladin-esque. FLY AWAAAAY*

Sorry about the rolling without asking. >__>;;

The gambit, which when looking back was very unlikely and somewhat dangerous, had worked with one sliced and the darkling ferret went dead and then the ferret cracked as he hit his knee against the wall.

The sword sliced then went to slice the unconscious ferret, but he stayed his hand. Obviously with the sliver of silver escaping them whenever they were attacked and then this creature would be of no use to them. And yet they were also quite dangerous as well. At first glance he had no idea what it was, but maybe at the end of this someone will know what to do with it. And when he did find this person; he would figure out what to do with it.

He let it rest. He would deal with it later.

He moved outside the door opening it. He's a shifter male with brown hair and pale yellow eyes. Around his neck there is a silver symbol of the Silver Flame and in his sword hand there is a longsword. He is not properly attired, wearing only his trousers. Right now he is more animal than man, so to speak, with long canines that pend over his lower jaw slightly.

"There is one of those things unconscious in my room. Might be useful." The aftertaste of the one he bit is still in his mouth and he sort of smacked his lips and tongue afterwards.

He didn't really register who he was talking to, because he looked a little worst for ware having those rapid things hit him. On his shoulder there was a mark as one of them hit him and one on his barefeet. What was worse was this tired feeling he felt now.

If that didn't work he would chew it up again, after all it seemed to work before.

After he did whatever he did he reverted back into a less ferocious form.


Attack Roll: Sword, precise so not to harm the user: [roll1]
Attack Roll: Bite, precise: [rollv]1d20-5[rollv]
Listen: [roll2]

WillWolf
2007-12-20, 11:01 PM
Attack Roll: Bite, precise: [roll0]
Grr for sorry for botched HTML

If there is a person in view with a monster on hand, action point:
[roll1]

Damage Sword: [roll2]
Damage Bite: [roll3]

Theli
2007-12-21, 12:32 AM
Randel:

OOC:
You striked out everything in your post there. :p Unless you say otherwise, I'm gonna assume the attack stands and if it kills it you draw the crossbow and if not you move as stated. But I think you have some amount of time before I tally up all the actions in the round.

As to the AoO, I suppose it's true that if you grapple and pin a creature, and THEN move out (which would take 2 turns at least) you would suffer an AoO. But you wouldn't have to move. Once pinned, you could just wait for somebody else to kill it. I think it's a moot point now though. That thing is gonna die one way or another this round.



Willwolf:

OOC:
Well, you won't have enough actions to attack anything this round. So take a look at the map and pick where you would like to move toward.

As a reminder, your healing wouldn't have kicked in due to the ability damage. You probably remember, I just wanted to reiterate it. :p

Btw, that was HALF STR bonus on the attack. Not 1.5. And besides, you ALMOST ALWAYS round down in DnD.

Also, the weasel tasted purple.




OOC: Looks like we'll be very close to getting out of combat rounds and spoiler tags soon. Still waiting on a few actions for the 4th round.

WillWolf
2007-12-21, 02:57 AM
Randel
Gah the silly mistakes of evil purple! I'll move in front of the door and stay there.
OOC: Ignore the latter part of where I move >__>;; He's in front of the door and only there *nods*

GimliFett
2007-12-21, 11:29 AM
Syd
HP: 1/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf nods. "Right. I'll be back in a moment," he says. Syd gingerly returns to his room where he sheaths his rapier and belts it around his waist, then grabs his shortbow and quiver and heads back to the hallway.

Suzuro
2007-12-21, 03:48 PM
Ugh...I may never drink again...that quite possibly the worst hangover I have ever had... Aelodin spoke in a sarcastic tone.

The elf half-walked, half-limped, out of the room into the hallway, still looking around in case another beast were to approach. Even while trying to cup one of his eyes from the pain, he attempted to cover all sides of him by rapidly rotating his head.

You all get some of those things to? Ya look kinda beat up.

He rested up against a wall, still wondering what these things are, and takes a moment.

Sonnuva...! He nearly curses as he gets up to limp back into the room and grab the rest of his gear.


Actions
Go back to the room and get my gear and then come back.


Stats
HP: 4 (7 Con) AC: 18 (Dodge) FF: 13 Touch: 15


-Suzuro

Theli
2007-12-21, 08:36 PM
After a flurry of activity, this wing of the Inn finally seems to have calmed down. Although, one of the beasts can still be heard growling away in a room near the double doors at one end of the hallway.

A gray haired, blue eyed, elf comes limping out of his room to investigate the scene. He is wearing a chain shirt and green tattered robes, a heavy pick is in his hand. He covers his right eye just as blood continues to streams from his right arm.

There is already a blond haired, green eyed human out and about who seems to still be locked in combat with something that lies within a room at one end of the hallway. He is wielding a morningstar and a heavy shield, is wearing night attire, and seems to be in perfect condition. Though he attacks, there are no sounds of any hits connecting.

At the other end of the hall, there lies a black haired, dark brown eyed dwarf standing outside an open door. Carrying nothing by a rapier and dressed in night attire, he seems to be in incredibly poor shape with both hands bleeding.

A crunch can be heard as the final beast continues its meal.

Suddenly, the disturbing sounds of grinding teeth and metal stops as one of the beasts comes flying from the open room near the double doors. The human standing there visibly relaxes even as the creature dissipates in the air behind him. A red-eyed warforged emerges from the room and stands near the human just outside the double doors. He is wielding a light crossbow. Despite the damage he must have sustained, he seems to be in decent shape for the time-being.

A feral looking humanoid then pops out of a room near the center of the hall, he wears tattered night attire and is wielding a longsword. Wounds can be seen on his left shoulder, knee, and foot. He carefully peers around for any more danger.

After taking one look at each other, more than half of those present return to their rooms to retrieve their gear. Everything now seems exceptionally quiet. Not even wind can be heard from the outside.

OOC: The warforged takes another point of damage.

This is the end of round-by-round combat, as every known enemy has so far been neutralized. There is nothing distinctive of any open room, except for people's gear, inn amenities, and an unmoving weasel remaining in one of them. (The one with the brown question mark that the feral man stepped out of.) There is no longer any need for spoiler tags for actions unless you're trying to keep them secret from the other party members.

Randel
2007-12-21, 10:52 PM
Carmot

The warforged gets all of his items in his backpack and makes his way into the hallway where he looks around the area, wielding his loaded crossbow. Numerous bite marks are visible on his frame.

"I'm unsure how exactly how I should phrase this question, but... what the %$#@ is going on in this establishment? I am quite certain I did not mistakingly order the 'rabid shadow creature shoved into my room' special."

The construct shakes for a moment as if visibly suppressing an indignant rage... although his metal face remains as expressionless as it always is.

"Anyway... to relate my story. I was working in my room barely a minute ago when the light suddenly went out and three of the creatures attacked me. The door was closed, and when they bit me there were flashes of light. Also, they seem to weaken my system in addition to the normal damage one gets from attacks."

"So, how does this compare with your experiences? He asks the others."

Suzuro
2007-12-21, 11:12 PM
Sounds about right there, Metal boy Aelodin spoke gently as he leaned against the hallway wall.


I can barely stand after seeing those accursed things and their flashes of light He spoke, still holding his bleeding eye And now, I don't even know if I'll be seeing out of this eye anymore.

Well, this is, of course just my luck. The world has played some cruel jokes on some people, but this, this is much to far! He shook and begin to stand up, but had to brace himself on the wall to prevent falling. Ugh...if any of you can help me out, maybe I can finally walk. And mayhap, we can ask the so called manager of this place to tell us what the Feth is going on.




-Suzuro

GimliFett
2007-12-22, 11:57 AM
Syd

The dwarf nods and shakes his shortbow for emphasis. "That's what I'd like to know! I mean, both'v my wrists've been chewed mightily. I'm not sure I can manage any hand-to-hand combat in my current state, let alone bow-work," he adds with a sigh. "Let's check all the rooms and make sure there's no one around who needs immediate help, eh?"

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-22, 01:26 PM
Father Porter

The blonde, unscathed human gingerly steps out of his room, now fully equipped with scale mail, his morningstar, shield, and other gear stashed away in the pack he carries.

"Now, obviously those strange creatures brought us ill will, and I know probability is high that they are...or were, as the case may be, that they are evil, but do any of us know for sure or not? Also, I'd like to introduce myself: I am Father Porter of the Silver Flame. My friends call me 'Father' or 'Padre,' and either will suffice. Lastly, I do see wounds on several of you. Who needs the healing the worst? I can heal some minor wounds, bruises and scrapes mostly, but some more serious stuff is beyond my reach."

After I use a spontaneous casting to cast cure minor (as many as people say they need) and up to 1 (one) CLW (using spontaneous casting to replace divine favor), I ready an action to cast Bless on the group if we are attacked again, as we move to check on other patrons. He will not be the first through the door, but is willing to go second.

Suzuro
2007-12-22, 03:38 PM
I may look bad, but I've been worse for the wear. The elf said as he propped himself up with the wall, finally standing on his own.

My name, it is Aelodin. I would recommend seeing to some of these patrons wounds.

As he limped over, he reached back and readjusted some of his gear, and propped himself down for a breather at the door.

Once everybody is ready, I'm prepared to go through and see what's going on. I just want to know, right now, who is to blame for this?!


I'll put my Kukri in my backpack, and then walk over to the door and wait for everybody else to get ready before I open it and go in.


Stats
HP: 3 (7 Con) AC: 17 (Dodge) FF: 13 Touch: 14

Randel
2007-12-22, 08:39 PM
Carmot

"Hmm... the creatures seem to dissapear into shadow once slain. Their bites release light and weaken their victim in addition to normal damage. Do you suppose they are manufactured creatures or are they outsiders of some sort? If I get a better idea of their nature I might be able to enchant my weapon to more effectively fight them."

Knowledge (arcana):[roll0]
Knowledge (the planes):[roll1]
Knowledge (architecture and engineering):[roll2] (to find out how weasel sized creatures might have gotten into all the rooms and why the light went out.)

He wields his crossbow and follows the others as he ponders this.

Stats:
I think I'm at:
HP: 4/5 (normaly 6 max hp)
CON: 7 (3 con damage)
AC: 13

Theli
2007-12-23, 02:03 AM
Randel:

You cannot recall any arcana which would apply to these little beast. They do seem to be composed of something not present on the material plane, which would place the creature as an outsider, but they seemed somewhat too weak and not distinctive enough to truly be from another plane. No clear determination can be made.

With the doors shut, there is no visible way into the room. Perhaps somebody, or something, opened the door for them. But the doors tend to squeak, which would suggest otherwise. However, with the right magic...

Additionally, there's no indication why the light is out. The lantern would have to be better examined to make this determination. It is odd that the rooms and hallways can still be seen so clearly since it should still be night. Not enough light should be coming in between the very fine cracks in the walls...

OOC: With a 7 con, you would have a -2 modifier. So it seems that you're actually at 3/4.

WillWolf
2007-12-23, 03:46 AM
Richardl

"Richard of ... the Flame," He finalized. That seemed to be the most appropriate title. He looked tired but determined and bowed his head in respect to Father Padre and nodded his head courtly to the rest of the individuals. After taking a moment to see everyone he went into his room and placed on his shirt and armor - His chain shirt. He also further gathered his wooden shield, bit and heavy. Many people with chain shirts had some sort of gear on their head, but he did not. On his armor there was a painted silver flame.

He looked at the man looking over the dead rodent, and threw an empty sack beside it.

"Maybe you should bag it." He said as he walked on to the rest of the individuals.

He stopped in front of the group in front of the door. He turned to Father Porter, cleared his throat, and said, "may I ask for your aid, Father?"

He had a somewhat pragmatic look at things, focussed, he'd reflect on these issues later.

Just keeping my health in check. 3/9 Health with 4 CON damage >__>

Randel
2007-12-23, 04:27 PM
Carmot

HP: 3/4 (6) Con:7/10 [-2]

"Randel of the flame? That name sounds familiar for some reason."

Returning to his thoughts he says, "Well, these creatures do seem to be from another plane of existence... though I'm not sure if I can bane my weapon against odd shadowy outsiders. Can anyone tell if they register as evil or not?"

He makes sure that he has all his items, including his repair kit.

Theli
2007-12-23, 04:30 PM
OOC: I think he might've had a brainfart or something. :p Pretty sure that's not what the name is supposed to be.

Suzuro
2007-12-23, 08:50 PM
Well, who gives if they're from the outer planes or whatever, all I want to know is why they're here He said, slightly agitated as he sat by the door.

If we can't find any ways to cheat them, we'll just do this the way our ancestors did!

Randel
2007-12-24, 07:53 PM
Carmot

HP: 3/4 (6) Con:7/10 [-2]

"Hmmm... if we are to examine the rest of the building we should take a light source. It is night time after all."

He takes out his own lantern and is ready to light it when he stops and checks the hallway they are in. Checking what light sources are lit at the moment. If he finds anything peculiar, he looks at everyones shadows to see how they are oriented and uses that to find the light source. He checks the lantern that went out in his room.


Search:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]
Knowledge (the planes):[roll2]
Knowledge (architecture):[roll3]

Sorry, but INT is my highest stat... and I'm dedicated to finding out what we are dealing with.

Theli
2007-12-24, 09:47 PM
Randel:

The lantern itself may simply be blown out. It's impossible to tell just by looking at it.

After a very thorough search of the area you find nothing. There are actually no shadows, and therefore no light sources. The only thing that even remotely looks like a shadow is the weasel lying on the floor in one of the rooms. (It's texture is very odd and just doesn't look very physical.) There are two possible explanations for this that you can determine from your limited knowledge of the planes and arcana.

Perhaps one of the planes has created a new manifest zone. The plane of Mabar could certainly have extinguished the light. But this would have made the area pitch black, rather than the current shadowy illumination, and would have destroy all life in the area besides. If this phenomena has any connection at all to Mabar, it is an incredibly weak one. Other conceivable planes are Dal Quor and Dolurrh. However, neither fit the situation exactly either.

The second possibility is that this is simply an effect of magic. Perhaps every wall, floor, ceiling, piece of furniture, person, and piece of gear in this wing is radiating some kind of extremely mild light. Or maybe magic is causing an area of shadowy illumination without the typical signs of a spell that could do such a thing. Or perhaps it is just an illusion. It's impossible to tell at the present time.



OOC: You're free to make knowledge checks on whatever you want, within reason. However, rerolls just don't happen. (Unless you gain a rank in the skill.) So far, I've assumed that you've done checks on the creatures, the area, and the lantern.

So I suppose your knowledges may not be ultimately helpful, but that's why your character is on his journey, right? To learn things. Maybe if you move forward you can figure out what's going on.

Randel
2007-12-24, 11:41 PM
Carmot

Carmot relates his findings and theories to the others and then lights his bullseye lantern.

He joins the others in exiting the room, wielding his loaded crossbow in one hand and holding his lantern in the other, ready to set the lamp down quickly and wield it properly in combat.

Suzuro
2007-12-25, 12:25 AM
Get ready all! We're going in! Aelodin growls, as he opens the door. if you're not ready, 'tis a shame!

He walks through the door, pick at the ready.




Stats
HP: 3 (7 Con) AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14




-Suzuro

WillWolf
2007-12-25, 03:09 AM
Richard

OOC: Gah my mistake on the name. Ret-conning a bit. I'll see if it registers as evil or not, before going to the door.


He focussed his eyes on the creature, trying to discern it to the best and then it came as if in a smell. "It's evil" He spat on it regardless, because it was a mean sucker.

He follows the elf with the pick, sword and shield in hand.

Standard action and move action if we are entering combat.

Theli
2007-12-25, 09:34 AM
WillWolf:

A faint aura of evil emanates from the unconscious beast.

OOC: You don't have to explicitly define actions outside of combat. Just say what you're doing.


OOC: I'm still unclear on where everybody is going. Are you going to one of the closed rooms or are you leaving out the double doors of the wing?

Randel
2007-12-25, 03:26 PM
(OOC: I suppose we should check the other rooms here in case there are other people on this floor, maybe warn them of whats going on)

Theli
2007-12-25, 03:57 PM
OOC: Alright, just wanted know if you were going to check the other rooms.

Checking each of the unopened rooms in turn, you find that they are devoid of any occupants.

As you open the double doors to leave this wing, there is again only silence to greet you. Not even a single halfling, or any other race, is present in the common room. The 2nd floor platform on which you now reside extends to the other 2nd floor wing and there are stairs to take you down to where you drank and dined the night before.

Randel
2007-12-25, 10:06 PM
Carmot

"Perhaps we should check the other rooms, if the creatures attacked in our wing its likely they did the same in the other. I hope the people there were able to defend themselves if that were the case."

He moves toward the other wing, shining his lantern along the path. "Hello? Does anyone need assistance?!" he yells loudly toward the other rooms.

Theli
2007-12-25, 11:16 PM
OOC: Randel, you never said you were actually lighting the lantern. Gonna have to retcon that. In fact, reviewing your equipment it doesn't look like you have any way to light a fire. (And it doesn't seem as if lanterns come with a method by which to light them.) Feel free to add something for this purpose at usual cost... I'm going to assume for now that you'll obtain flint and steel.



IC: As the warforged tries to light the lantern with flint and steel, the wick of the lantern seems to refuse the sparks.

There are no answers to yells directed to the other 2nd floor wing.

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-26, 08:08 AM
Father Porter

After having heard Richard ask for help, and because he is wearing gear that looks remarkably with his, (Did this guy graduate in the temple with me?), he gently casts CLW on Richard.


[roll0]


He readies his morningstar, and walks out to where the party is standing.

"By the Flame! Where in Khyber is everyone?

At seeing that the lantern will not light, Fr. Porter casts light on his shield, as nobody else asked for healing.

"I don't like this. This place is forcing me to use my magical abilities, and thus my healing capabilities. This evil must be truely depraved, to make us unable to light a simple torch or lantern...

Theli
2007-12-26, 09:35 AM
After tending to the feral man's wounds, the healer priest tries other magic.

There is a flash of light as he finishes the cast, but it is gone as soon as it comes. His target, the shield, does seem to glow somewhat, but not enough to give any appreciable light. Strangely enough, it too refuses to cast a shadow.

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-26, 10:56 AM
Father Porter

OOC: Dang it...stupid preview button...oh, well. Onward. DM and WillWolf, the spoiler is for y'all.



[roll0]


"Ahhh...Khyber thrice be damned! No kind of light is working here. What do we do, since we cannot see?"

Suzuro
2007-12-26, 04:43 PM
Agh! This damned place is cursed... He spits out as little more than a slurred growl.

Well, if we can't use our lights, we'll just have to get by without them. I for one, will not let this stop me! He screamed at the walls.


We'll continue our search without light.



Stats
HP: 3 (7 Con) AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14






-Suzuro

GimliFett
2007-12-26, 05:05 PM
SydHP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf, looking better after the healing he received from Father Porter, snorts. "Bah! Lemme take point. I can see just fine in the dark," he says as he moves ahead of everyone, keeping an arrow knocked and partially drawn on his shortbow.

Randel
2007-12-26, 05:26 PM
Carmot

HP: 3/4 (6) Con:7/10 [-2]

"I am curious... I think I recalled something about Mabar the plane of darkness occasionally coming close to Eberron. We can't be in a manifest zone of the plane... the effects of the plane would likely kill all living things in the area, possibly even myself. Though the planes do occasionally become coterminous with ours, and have minor effects. But if this is a matter of Mabar coming coterminous with us... wouldn't the governments or the dragonmarked houses issue a warning that the event was approaching?"

Knowledge(the planes): [roll0] (to see what he knows about the plane of darkness, when it might come coterminous with Eberron and what might happen during such a time)


Also:

Carmot

Carmot relates his findings and theories to the others and then lights his bullseye lantern.

He joins the others in exiting the room, wielding his loaded crossbow in one hand and holding his lantern in the other, ready to set the lamp down quickly and wield it properly in combat.

I did mention I light my lantern, though yes I probably should have gotten some flint and steel.

Theli
2007-12-26, 07:17 PM
Randel:

Sorry for missing the text about lighting the lantern.

Taking your check on manifest zones in particular as I've pretty much said all I could say with regards to Mabar. (Except that Mabar will become coterminous in a little over a year, which you could have conceivably worked out. Also when it becomes coterminous, shadow seem darker and negative energy spells are a little stronger.) Although I might've given you the following for free.

Manifest zones are essentially connections to other planes by which it may be possible to travel to and from the connected plane. A Mabar manifest zone in particular would imitate the features of an area which is under the affect of a desecrate spell, in addition to consuming all light, perhaps with stronger parts of the zone having the ability to deal damage to anyone who enters through negative energy. However, these features, besides possibly the light consuming part, don't seem to be present in this area.

Manifest zones generally do not wax and wane with the coming and going of the planes. If they exist, they tend to be endure for a long period, or at the very least consistently reoccurring in the same general area. There were no stories overheard or even a hint of a manifest zone within the vicinity of the Inn.

Suzuro
2007-12-26, 10:59 PM
Well....if that's true, then this is a simple matter! He nearly spat All we have to do is wait until the planes or whatever de-converge, and we'll be just fine. All the same, we need to check the other wing for survivors

He began to move towards the other wing, but hesitated to look back and see if anyone else was going with him...


Stats
HP: 3 (7 Con) AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14



-Suzuro

Randel
2007-12-27, 02:13 AM
Carmot

"Hmmm... I think actually it might be next year around the solstice that Mabar becomes coterminous again. And now that I think about it, the shadows should be getting bigger if it was that... I don't see any shadows."

He follows Aelodin, he stows his lantern away in his backpack and wields his loaded crossbow.

WillWolf
2007-12-27, 02:17 AM
Richard:

"Thanks father." he said after he was healed and hurried to the front of the line once the spell fizzled. Rejuvenated and healthy, though still somewhat tired and sort-of weak, he looked on into the darkness. Things looked perfectly fine to him. Apparently there was something to do with the planes coming and going, he really didn't understand the specifics of such things. Sighing in impatience on this discussion while lives were at stake, he went to the front and carried on.

"We'll have to make do." and he raised his hand to try and quiet the crowd and see if he could hear anyone after the elf had made quite a noise.

Listen: [roll0]

Can either you or I tell DM77 that any form of mannerism or such forth is from Sigilstar? Or at least tell me if I would recognize Father Porter.

Oh how much vision do I have with low-light vision?

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-27, 08:05 AM
Father Porter

To Richard:
"Nay, 'twas no problem. Come. Let us check the other wing of this inn, and see if any others are or were having the same kind of intrusion that we were."

To Carmot:
"I apologize for my lack of knowledge. Usually priests are more adept at these things, but the subject of the outer planes were not my strong suit, and I barely passed that part in my journey to the priesthood."

Then to Aelodin:
"As much as we would like to think that this will just 'pass,' I don't think it's that simple. If I am not mistaken, it seems that Carmot has suggested that this will last more than a few hours, even to the effect of a few days. Be that as it may, we still have a whole other group of people to find, and if possible, rescue."

I head to the other wing, following behind Carmot, and readying an action to cast bless if we are attacked.

GimliFett
2007-12-27, 09:16 AM
SydHP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Syd snorts grumpily. "Hey! No pushin'! I said I have point since I can see without the light." The dwarf precedes the group into the darkened wing by about fifteen feet. His eyes move constantly back and forth and he listens intently for any sound.

Theli
2007-12-27, 09:38 AM
After opening the double doors of the other wing, the dwarf moves to just beyond the first set of room doors. Still no sounds can be heard except the shuffling of combat-weary feet as the rest creep not too far behind.

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-27, 10:13 AM
Father Porter


Well, for good measure, I'll give listening a try as well.

[roll0]



"I hear nothing either. Let us proceed. We seem to be acting as timid children. Are we adventurers or children?"

I go halfway down the stairs and see if I spot anything.

Theli
2007-12-27, 03:30 PM
Nothing moves and nothing seems out of place as the Human in the back of the party creeps down the stairs alone. The only thing distinctive about the central room is its complete lack of people. It's expected that at least one of the Inns proprietor's would have kept watch, if not a guard hired to do so. But there is nothing.

All of the 1st floor doorways can be seen from this vantage point and they are all closed. There is the main entrance to the Inn and two side exits. Additionally, there are 2 doors that lead to the two 1st floor wings of the Inn.

GimliFett
2007-12-27, 03:37 PM
SydHP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf motions the others to wait a moment, then creeps forward, silent as a stalking cat, to the first door and listens patiently.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Suzuro
2007-12-27, 03:38 PM
Aye! Padre! We must hurry! If anyone else survives, they have little time. Which means we have little time for this, we must hurry to attempt to fine them! He speaks as he slows down to take a look around.

As much as I hate to admit it, Syd seems to be more useful in this scenario, he is the most likely to see something coming, he should take point and lead us on. He speaks softly as he nods to Syd.

Now, let us continue.


Stats
HP: 3 (7 Con) AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14



-Suzuro

Theli
2007-12-27, 04:05 PM
No sound can be heard from within the room the dwarf has crept to, or any other room. Or even from anywhere else.

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-27, 04:36 PM
Father Porter

Shrugging at everyone just creeping along, Father Porter puts his hands around his mouth and yells:

"Hello! Anyone around?! Myself, a cleric of the sacred Silver Flame and other good-natured heroes are looking for survivors! Just yell out so that we may come assist you!!"

GimliFett
2007-12-27, 04:41 PM
Syd

The dwarf slacks his arrow and slaps his face in irritation. Glaring at the priest, Syd kicks the door before him in and hops back as he brings his bow up and ready to fire if necessary.

Theli
2007-12-27, 04:41 PM
"come assist you! assist you! assist you...you..."

After the echoing stops, there is nothing but silence. Except for the sound of a door kicked in on the 2nd floor.

Theli
2007-12-27, 04:42 PM
The dwarf find himself taking aim at an empty room. There is nothing but a bed, desk, chair, and unlit lantern.

GimliFett
2007-12-27, 04:43 PM
Syd

Syd proceeds to each door in turn and kicks it in, mirroring his actions with the first door.

Theli
2007-12-27, 04:46 PM
Each one in turn is similarly empty. This is in incredibly stark contrast to the night before.

GimliFett
2007-12-27, 04:57 PM
Syd

A puzzled, then worried look overtakes the dwarf's face, furrowing his deep brow even further. "Okay, now I'm irritated and a little worried. What in Khyber is goin' on here?" he asks as he looks at the others. "My skills lie in traps and counter-security measures, not arcane or planar things. What've y'all got?" he says. "A House Ghallanda inn does not simply vacate the majority of its employees and guests for no reason, leaving no trace."

Suzuro
2007-12-27, 07:17 PM
The elf, following slightly behind Syd, becomes irritated after the first few doors kicked in.


Maybe that thing we captured has something to do with this! It seems that no one is around, so maybe if we kill it or research it or....or something! Just maybe we can figure out what happened, it just should not be this quiet He whispers to his mates. It was something, maybe the silent area, maybe the dark surroundings that made him want to whisper.

All I know is that this isn't what should be happening.


Stats
HP: 3 (7 Con) AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14



-Suzuro

Randel
2007-12-27, 09:17 PM
Carmot

"I do recall something about people finding themselves whisked to the Plane of Shadows when Mabar becomes coterminous... but only when they enter dark shadows or other areas of extreme darkness. But I do not see any shadows. The only odd things I detect are these strange weasel creatures, the eerie dim light around us, the tendency of sources of light to go out... and the complete lack of other patrons."

The warforged shakes his head, this is so out of his training.

"No... no the results do not fit. I am starting to think this is not a planar event... at least nothing I could know about. Obviously there is some kind of magic around us... and something happened to the other patrons of the inn. But what makes us different from the others at this place? Perhaps our ability to fight off these strange creatures?"

He checks the other wing of rooms, looking for any sign of other inhabitants. He checks the beds to see if they were recently slept in.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Suzuro
2007-12-27, 11:38 PM
Well...maybe it's something about these weasels. Maybe they're some kind of transporters, and anyone who gets beaten by them moves to a different place. Or maybe when we beat them, we were transported here, which would explain why there is no one else here. The elf ponders briefly.

Whatever it is, we need to figure it out quickly, and we need to get out of here....or in there...or...whatever! I still believe it has something to do with that weasel thing we captured.

He spent a moment in silence and closed his eyes., attempting to pick out any noise that he would recognize, or that guide them to anything useful.

Listen: [roll0]



-Suzuro

Theli
2007-12-28, 07:10 AM
On a closer look, it seems as if the sheets were never even disturbed. The beds were obviously made, but it looks like no one has even touched them since, except in the rooms where the people here present have stayed in.

The only sounds are those of 4 people breathing...

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-28, 08:28 AM
Father Porter

"Okay, gentlemen. We find ourselves in a bit of a problem. It almost looks as if we were transported to some kind of...wierd alternate universe where dark weasle things rule the inns of the world."

After seeing that nobody and nothing is in each room, I head downstairs, still readying an action to cast bless in case of attack, and peer around the commons, heading toward the door. As it is not doing anything to help create a light source but still producing light, I cancel the effect of my light spell, and peer out the inn's window just enough to see outside, but not far enough to be easily seen. What do I see?

GimliFett
2007-12-28, 09:25 AM
Syd

Perplexed, Syd follows along after the priest. "Totally beyond my experience. I have no idea what to do," the dwarf offers quietly, obviously out of sorts. "By the way, I'm Sydian d'Kundarak, butcha can just call me Syd," he says to the group with a slight bow.

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-28, 09:30 AM
Father Porter

"Glad to meet you Syd. As I said previoiusly, I am a priest of the sacred Silver Flame, and my name is Father Porter. Friends, which I now count you all amongst, call me 'Father' or 'Padre.' I also have absolutely no clue as to what is going on."

Theli
2007-12-28, 09:31 AM
As the priest steps down the stairs, he creeps towards one of the windows facing out the front of the inn. Pulling back the curtains a little bit he sees...

DungeonMaster77:

You see that the outside has the same shadowy illumination as the inside, but your visibility is severely limited. After several feet, there is only a strong mist.

OOC: You generally can't ready stuff out of combat, fyi. If you want to declare that as your first action in possible case of combat, then alright...

GimliFett
2007-12-28, 09:38 AM
SydHP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf nods. "A pleasure, Padre. If y'all'll excuse me a moment, I need some armor an' the rest of my gear before we run into anything worse than shadowy demon-weasels! Things seem to've settled down for now." Syd heads towards his room, then pauses a moment and turns back to Father Porter. "Whatcha seein', anyway?"

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-28, 09:43 AM
Father Porter

I thought you could ready an action outside of combat, so that if you were confronted with the specific action (i.e. ready for attack), you would get an action in suprise round. Or that may be a house rule in my RL game...not sure...

Theli
2007-12-28, 10:14 AM
DungeonMaster77:

That's a definite houserule. If you get a surprise round...you just get the round for free and can determine what you do at the time. Surprise is only dependent on noticing the other party before they notice you, and not because you "expect" something that could conceivably happen at some point in the near future.

Suzuro
2007-12-28, 07:29 PM
Now, this just don't make no sense. Looks as though we're the first to ever be here, but I know there was people here last night....agh, my head hurts too much for this right now.. He spoke, holding his head as he slowly followed the father.

If we could.....umm, just figure out how we got here..if that is the case, then we could get back.


Actions
Follow along behind Padre....that's it




-Suzuro

Randel
2007-12-28, 09:35 PM
Carmot

"This...is most unusual."

The warforged heads down to the common room along with the others. He gives the room a quick look over to see if it is as 'tidy' as the guest rooms were. He looks out the windows and checks the door to see if it is open or locked.

"We should search this building and verify if we are alone in it. Then check the provisions of food and water... and allow those who require sleep to do so to heal. Given the damage done by the weasel creatures when we were separated, we should probably camp out in a single area where we can easily defend each other, perhaps this room? It would probably be best to wait until day to think about traveling away from here, without access to artificial lighting travel would be difficult."

The warforged sounds almost uneasy, his mind cycles through all the knowledge and tales he has read and tries to sift between those with merit and the 'ghost stories' he all too often ran into. For a creature only a few years old and animated with magic, its hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Curious, moves one hand to his metal face and feels it, almost testing to see if it comes off to reveal a human face.

Theli
2007-12-28, 10:33 PM
As people start collecting in the lower area, the warforged goes to take a look for himself out the window, then tries the door to see if it's locked and finds that it isn't.

Randel:

The room is as tidy as you could imagine. But then, the staff probably cleaned up after most of the patrons had left.

You see that the outside has the same shadowy illumination as the inside, but your visibility is severely limited. After several feet, there is only a strong mist.

Randel
2007-12-28, 11:22 PM
Carmot

"There seems to be a very thick mist outside and the strange illumination as well... it blocks out everything past a few feet."

Thinking about this, he remarks. "Strange, I do know that the mournland has a wall of thick mist around it... and healing is impeded within it both from natural and most magical means... I suppose our predicament could be something similar except that this area impedes light."

He shakes his head "No... no... there is nothing to suggest something like that. It is only the mist that is similar."

Suzuro
2007-12-30, 03:30 PM
Agh! we need to get out of here! This is insanity! We can't even figure out where we are! Aelodin groans in frustration.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

He spoke as he walked around, checking doorways, entranceways and other things that could be used for defense if they were attacked by those weasel...things.





-Suzuro

WillWolf
2007-12-30, 07:28 PM
Richard:

So we had a warforged, a housed dwarf, an elf (who was begining to freak out), Father Porter, and himself in a house which looked empty (he hoped that everyone else was ok). Well at least they were all prepared, and Father Porter was right they were adventurers (even if he had groaned at the choice of words at the time).

"The warforged is right. We should just stay put." He agreed with the warforged. Even if they were in a world run by demonic ferrets, they would be fine. Was it run by demonic ferrets or were those creatures minions to something darker? Minions or something more, well, insane, transporters? Were they transported here because of the demon's ... bite, maybe?

This really hurt his head.

"Was everyone bitten by those things?" He was calm, very calm, it was something that he picked up in his travelings. Take deep breaths and remain calm.

Theli
2007-12-30, 07:47 PM
Suzuro:

OOC: Yeah, there's probably things you can do to prevent an attack from the outside, if that's what you wanted. Tables and chairs can be moved around to block doors and windows. Or you can even just shut yourself in inside a room.

But that's assuming that an attack is coming and that if it is it's from the outside.

Considering the complete lack of knowledge regarding the nature of the enemy, no real, rational, defensive measures can be taken. However, if you want to go all paranoid about it, feel free.

In other words, whatever knowledges and/or wisdom your character might have regarding strategies and tactics in this situation, it's pretty much useless.

Suzuro
2007-12-30, 11:42 PM
What gave it away? Was it the blood?! Gah! I can't believe all we can do is sit around and wait... The elf spoke, as he sat down.

He began to try and wash off some of the dried blood with the materials that he had available.

I guess we'll be sticking around, are we all staying in this room, then? Regardless we need to set up a watch.





-Suzuro

Randel
2007-12-31, 01:23 AM
Carmot

"With no knowledge of where our 'enemy' might be, resting and recuperating from our wounds might be the wisest course of action. This room would provide a view of the outside and possible access to an exit if we were to find the inn too dangerous to remain in. Since the creatures got into our rooms, I would hazard a guess that barring the doors and windows would not serve to keep them away from us."

He turns to the mist outside.

"Though... I do recall before a human associate once told me about a story about some people who spent a night at a 'haunted house' and faced all sorts of dangerous and frightful situations. I recall him saying something along the lines of 'why didn't they just leave the dang place?' though with this odd mist outside I am unsure if the outside is safer than the inside... though we are not in immediate danger now."

"So... to err on the side of caution, I would vote for staying here and resting until we feel safe about exploring to see how far out this odd lighting goes."

"I do not require sleep so I would be glad to take first watch. Though I would require rest later to replenishing my infusions and recuperate from the ability damage the creatures inflicted."

I'm not sure how to handle resting for a warforged, though I doubt I could effectively rest while standing guard.

WillWolf
2007-12-31, 07:05 AM
Richard

He clenched his fists imedietly upon the elf's response resisting the urge to just knock him unconcious, because his insane ranting was begining to get on his nerves (and worry him as well). "The fact that we were all bitten by a ferret he paused. The fact that the effect looked like a silver flame seemed blasthemous to him; he really didn't want to think too deeply on it, and the effects afterwards could be important to why we are here." Smart-mouthed elf ...

He turned around and went to the stairs.

"I'll get a fire going in a second."

He goes up the stairs and to his room to get his flint and steel.



Father Porter:
If you are from Thrane, you'd probably reconize by now, if you are still thinking of where he is from, that he only has a very light Thrane accent (and uses some Thrane expressions) as if he lived there for a good amount of time, but was not raised there, or if one of his parents were from there.

OOC: Did someone bag the rodent?

Theli
2007-12-31, 09:23 AM
OOC: Don't think so. Somebody did drop a sack near it though.

Edit: Oh right, that was you who did that. :p

DungeonMaster77
2007-12-31, 10:07 AM
Father Porter

"Well, I too, saw the darkness and mist. I could see nothing beyond. As for being bit, I seem to have been the only one not bitten by said rodents. Odd. As for the ghost stories, I put little stock in them. There are instances where there were myths in history that had at least some aspect of truth in them, not that I can recall them, but I'm not sure how applicable that is."

I walk away from the window.

"At this juncture, I think that we should stay together, or at least use the buddy system. You all know the saying, "The last words of a dying adventuring group is 'Let's split up to cover more ground!'" I really don't want to be an example of how true that saying is. That said, I think we should find something, like a cage, that we can see into, but is secure enough to hold the weasle thing, and put it in there. Otherwise, we are in for a long...whatevertimeitis, looking for the thing. Is anybody willing to come with me to get it? I seem to be the only one in good enough shape to attempt to fight it if needed."

I begin looking myself over, in an attempt to see if there are any marks on my body that I did not previously see. I borrow a hand mirror, or use a full length mirror to see those hard to reach areas while waiting for a response to a 'buddy request' from the group.

Theli
2007-12-31, 10:16 AM
DungeonMaster77:

There doesn't seem to be a single scratch on you that wasn't already there before you went to sleep last night.

GimliFett
2007-12-31, 10:51 AM
SydHP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf had remained silent while the others dithered and debated what to do. He couldn't seem to sit still, though, constantly fidgeting with something or another. Finally, an opportunity arose for movement. "I'll go with ya, Padre. Just gimme a moment to get my armor an' gear, 'kay? Thanks ta your healin', I'm near a hunnerd percent."

Theli
2007-12-31, 11:01 AM
OOC: If it's fine by you guys, I'm gonna assume that padre has no objections.

Syd and the priest retreat back up the stairs so that the dragonmark house scion can get his gear. They have no trouble reaching his room, although as they pass the feral man's room they still see a weasel lying there on the floor with a sack beside it. The dwarf's room itself is as he left it.

GimliFett
2007-12-31, 11:21 AM
SydHP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Once properly accoutred, Syd nods to the priest. "I'm ready. Lesget somethin' done, eh?" Using his bow to scoot the weasel into the sack, Syd ties it shut, hangs it from his belt and then trots ahead of the priest back to rejoin the others, an arrow knocked once more on his shortbow and ready to let fly at the drop of a hat.

EDITED!

Randel
2008-01-01, 12:40 AM
Carmot

Curious about the inn, Carmot tries to think of what rooms in the building they haven't checked yet.

WillWolf
2008-01-01, 01:38 AM
Richard:

He stared at the evil crooked demon weasel as he grabbed his gear. What he really wanted to do was just slice that thing open, particularly since Father Porter had said that he had not been bitten. What use could that thing be to them now? Why hadn't Father Porter been bitten anyway? He sighed, but stopped and stared at the thing.

His studies on religion didn't seem to mention this to him. Still he stared at the thing, hoping that maybe, maybe something about it would jostle forth. Was there some twisted god that had rats for eyes or ears or whatever? He sighed.

He passed Father Porter and Syd the dwarf as he went down the stares, leaving the empty sack where it was. He nodded to him and went to the fireplace dumping his stuff well out of the way.

He mumbled "ferrets." The warforged had left when he went to get his stuff. He tostled through his bag and grabbed his flint and steel.

Knowledge religion: [roll0]

Theli
2008-01-01, 01:00 PM
You will recall that you've only checked the 2nd floor wings. Both 1st floor wings, the kitchen, the underground storage area (Wherever it is. The food had to come from somewhere.), the indoor outhouse, the outdoor outhouse, and the outside area are all unexplored. Along with any other buildings that may or may not be around.


After the feral man leaves, the dwarf brings the weasel, contained by a sack, down the stairs.

Richard:

Well, a weasel is nothing but an animal. So it could conceivably fall under the auspices of a god or goddess of nature, or maybe nature as a spirit itself.

That still wouldn't explain why they're shadowy or why their attacks seem to be so draining.

Suzuro
2008-01-01, 10:07 PM
You find that ferret?

He spoke, without looking up as he sat and began looking through his equipment, making sure he had everything and making sure it was in working order.

Hmmm....weasels...ferrets....Where are we? He thought about out loud. All of this to kill time, he needed to rest to get better from the wounds those things caused, but he was restless...




-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-01-02, 12:02 AM
Richard:

He grabbed the flint and the steel out of his bag, and startled upon his flask of holy water. He took that out as well and set it beside his bag. He lowered his shield to the ground, and he went behind the barstool to see if he could find some dry rags to start the fire."I guess we should start a fire," Richard said to the elf in response.

As he rumaged through the area looking for stuff that he could easily burn his mind went over the various possibilities. He wasn't a briliant person, far from it, but he had common sense on his shoulders and since the book-smart-y people had failed to come up with anything concrete he might as well let his mind ramble and see if it stumbled on something.

Weasels, ferrets, small animals ... evil small animals. He knew that they were evil, though tracely so, but still evil. Evil weasels. He sighed as he rumaged on. Well it's evil and it's a rat-thing. Just because he lived with nature didn't mean he really understood it. He really wanted to think of some sort of religion that was evil that worshipped rodents, but that didn't really strike up with anything.

"Can you," he yelled to the elf over the bar,"think of a weasel cult?" He sighed, knowing that this entire thing was very stupid.

His 'mother' would know this for sure. She knew weasels. She knew all of the little foresty creatures. Why hadn't he paid attention to her? To be fair his mind wasn't really into that stuff, which he cursed now because it might be relevent. He knew he would have made a horrible druid. She said he'd have made a horrible druid. What they needed was a druid.

He sighed and then stood up very straight as if he stumbled on to something.

Druid, druid, druid, druid ... He knew that there were many different druid-based religions, well not so much religions as much as a sect. Maybe he was thinking of this the wrong way. He was thinking in terms of those weird cults, the dark six, the whispers of what was below, not of something a bit closer to home.

He stopped moving. and stood, closed his eyes and tried to think.

Ok I know that I already tried a religion check, but last time it was more about a general evil religion and not about a druidic tradition. I'd think he'd know the various druid traditions fairly well considering that he is from the Reaches and that is the center of druidism on the central continent. I also think, that since he was born in the Reaches, that he'd at least know that a wee bit about druids -- particularly since he was raised by them. Sooo I don't think I went out of bounds on this thought process based on the information given to him, his personal history, and keeping in mind his natural inteligence and his common sense (wisdom).

Soo knowledge (religion) -- Druidism: [roll0]

WillWolf
2008-01-02, 12:07 AM
: Curses you lousy dice. I add action points. Even if I was sooo completly off based, I will not loose to you that easily. Muhahahahaha
[roll0]

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-02, 01:56 AM
Father Porter

I look around something that looks like it can contain the thing with another ability of us being able to see it. I want to try and contain it so that it may be studied. If I cannot find anything, I'll let the group know of my intentions.

"Well, assuming that I can find something to contain this...thing, I'd like to study it once it wakes up. See hhow it reacts to undead turning attempts, healing magic, etc... The more one knows about their foes, the better, the sacred Silver Flame always says. If I cannot contain it to study it, I will try the aformentioned actions out on it while it is unconscience. Assuming those fail, we kill it. Lastly, I don't remember getting an answer to a question I asked previously: Have we actually checked these things and made sure that they are, in fact, evil?"

I continue my search for said container.

Theli
2008-01-02, 01:58 AM
Richard:

Nothing in particular really comes to mind. In fact, you're pretty sure there aren't any druidic sects that specifically worship evil shadowy weasels.

Sure, some worship vermin... Others are really into the fey. And there are a number of minor traditions spread throughout Khorvaire. But there aren't any that particularly single out this one animal.

Theli
2008-01-02, 02:01 AM
DungeonMaster77:

There's nothing in the central room that would do a good job of containment. However, the kitchen nearby should have a good number of metal pots and pans. It may not be useful for observational purposes, but at least there's nothing yet which suggests that they can bite through solid metal.

Randel
2008-01-02, 02:03 AM
Carmot

"Though, perhaps we should see if there are other rooms in the building to check. I think there might be some more guest rooms here on the first floor."

If anyone else chooses to join him, Carmot goes to check the other first floor rooms, starting with bedrooms and then the kitchen and others. His crossbow at the ready.

WillWolf
2008-01-02, 03:48 AM
Richard:

He growled lightly as he lost his 'briliant' train of thought. There was no druidic tradition in regards to the weasel, but all that time and effort was so wasteful. He just felt so useless here, waiting, in this dreary place. He grabbed what he found that would be useful for starting a fire (some whiskey and some rags), but wasn't really interested in starting the fire just yet.

"I checked it, Father. It's evil, but the aura isn't strong, thank the Flame." He said as he got closer to the group. He had a good head on his shoulder's at least, he forgot that the bag wouldn't hold the thing if it really wanted to escape.

When the warforged (who's name he hadn't caught yet) offered to check the remaindor of the rooms. He leaped at the chance. At least, if nothing else, he could protect the warforged from dark rats that lept at them from the cellar.

"I'll help. Holy water's beside my bag Father if you need it." he said as he grabbed his shield. It wasn't so much gleeful as it was a sort of releif in knowing he could do something. His sword in one hand and his shield in the other. He would take the lead if the warforged didn't stop him.

"Richard." Is all he said.

Theli
2008-01-02, 09:53 AM
A brief survey of the first floor area reveals that there are 32 bedrooms, 1 kitchen, 2 private dining rooms, and 3 restrooms. All of which are relatively clean and devoid of any living persons or things.

The entrance to a cellar, if there is one, is not immediately obvious at first glance. The outside area remains unexplored.

Randel
2008-01-02, 09:40 PM
Carmot

Carmot gets a large metal pot from the kitchen and gets a lid for it along with a metal sieve, basket, or sheet of glass to serve as a transparent lid.

He brings it to Father Porter.

"Here are some things that may help contain and observe it."

After this, he returns to the kitchen and does a search for the entrance to the cellar, reasoning that the cellar would be close to the kitchen for easy access. It would either be there or it would have an outside entrance.

While he does so, he checks if the kitchen has doors or windows and looks outside to see if the odd mist is seen there as well.

Search: [roll0]

Theli
2008-01-02, 10:01 PM
After some searching you do find a metal grill that would do the trick. It might take some hammering to fit, but it'll stay tight once it's done.

There are a quite a few tiny portals to the outside. There is indeed the same mist there as elsewhere.


After a thorough search, you find a hidden latch on one of the stoves. This latch triggers a section of the wall to shift at the far end of the kitchen which opens to...another wall apparently.

Randel
2008-01-02, 11:16 PM
Carmot

DUN DUN DUN

"Now this is most unusual..." Carmot says as he sees the wall open up after he hits the latch on the stove.

He takes the grill out to the room with the others.

"I have discovered something unusual in the kitchen, after activating a small device on one of the stoves, a section of the wall opened up to reveal another wall. I'm not sure what it could be used for... but we could do well to examine it for clues. Oh, I also found this handy little metal grill, not quite as exciting or mysterious but with a little hammering I think it would make a fine addition to our little weasel cage."

Carmot gets out his tools and begins working on the cage, he puts the weasel in the pot and then puts the grill over the top, hammering and bending the grill to secure it on the top of the pot.

GimliFett
2008-01-03, 10:07 AM
SydHP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Syd perks up at the mention of a secret door. "While you're messin' with the weasel cage, I'll check out the second wall!" he says as he hops off into the kitchen, a big grin plastered on his face.

Once in the kitchen, the dwarf heads over to the spot mentioned by the warforged and begins thoroughly inspecting the wall for a secondary switch to open as well as any possible traps.

Search: [roll0]
I really meant to post yesterday. Ugh. What a mess. Sorry, y'all!

GimliFett
2008-01-03, 10:08 AM
Syd
Need a little boost on that roll!
Action Point: [roll0]

Theli
2008-01-03, 01:59 PM
Syd:

The bricks of the wall appear to form a very simple mechanism and are probably very, very, old. The bricks are pushed and shifted to some, unknown, effect. Although one can guess that it might open something.

OOC: An open lock check would work on this.

Incidentally...there's nothing stopping you from taking 20 on things. :p Don't have to keep spending AP on every little thing...


OOC: Heh, I had most of this post written for about 4 hours. :p Gotta love the OotS effect.

GimliFett
2008-01-03, 02:24 PM
SydHP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

After a bit of investigation, Syd realizes what needs to be done. "Pretty simple, really," he says to no one in particular. "Just a few shifts of these blocks and..."

Open Lock: (Take 20) 26
OOC: Good point, I just figured if they're a somewhat renewable resource, I might as well use them! :smallbiggrin:

Theli
2008-01-03, 03:17 PM
Over a minute after the dwarf leaves, a very audible click arises from the kitchen.

Syd:

OOC: That's a reflex save. Don't worry, it isn't that bad. :p

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-04, 12:10 AM
Father Porter

After seeing that the weasle is now safely away (safe: as in, 'we are safe knowing that it is locked up in a container'), I heft my mace and go to the kitchen with the others to check out this new 'wall.' Peering from the doorway to the kitchen, but not in the kitchen, as he intends to study the weasle now that it is in a cage, and is just curious to see what everybody found, I say:

"Wow. That is...interesting. Might I suggest that we all get some rest and recouperate so that we can be fresh to deal with any potential threats this new wall may oncover? We aren't all looking that healthy, and I am almost out of spells."

Suzuro
2008-01-04, 03:26 AM
The elf stood up, tired of being completely useless in this situation. He began to stride around, pondering, but upon hearing a click coming from the kitchen he walks towards it with most of the rest.


Now, what was that noise? I'm sure it's nothing good, but it's probably our best bet to examine it at least a little. He stood in the doorway of the kitchen, observing the 'secret' wall. Well, it has to be something who would put a wall secretely behind another wall?


Ummm....Syd, you said your name was? Yes, Syd how is it that you can figure this out so fast? Wow...it's, amazing. Regardless, I'd have to agree with you father, it would be best if we were to rest for a little while before exploring beyond what we know. He spoke, while trying to relax himself by slouching his body against the door frame. When he leaned, he slumped and nearly fell before bracing himself and settling into a more comfortable crouch-sit.

Weasels in cages.....what is going on?




-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-01-04, 04:01 AM
Richard

When the warforged had left with the grill Richard had stayed behind and looked at the wall. He didn't really know what to think about it, because in all honesty he had never ever encountered such a thing before. Why would someone place a wall behind another wall?

Syd and company followed suit and then he went ahead and began to scurry along the wall searching the bricks? And then there was a sound click as something began to unfold.

He kind of ignored the elf and Father Porter, the click had really put him on edge and he readied his weapon for some sort of conflict. When things went 'click' things typically go bad, it was his training in the army that told him that one. Click and then a comrade was sniped off by the enemy.

Theli
2008-01-04, 08:10 AM
The interior of the kitchen is made of what looks almost like bronzewood, very hard. When the wall at the far end of the kitchen shifted after the latch was triggered, part of the wooden interior moved to uncover a stone wall. The wooden interior may have been built after the stone wall, ages ago.

OOC: Now this stone wall has also shifted... but I'm gonna have to wait for GimliFett before I get to that.

GimliFett
2008-01-04, 09:21 AM
Syd

Reflex Save: [roll0]

Theli
2008-01-04, 09:35 AM
Syd just barely ducks as the wall rapidly pivots on a horizontal axis about 2/3rds the way up from the ground. It stops at a 60 angle. If he was just a little shorter, it might not have been a danger at all.

The now open wall reveals short stairs leading downwards to a large room full of bags and crates. It extends at least 40 feet forwards. The side walls can't be seen from this angle.

GimliFett
2008-01-04, 09:40 AM
Syd

With a low whistle, the dwarf pokes his head into the opening. "Think we've found the cellar. What else have we found, hm?" he asks as his body follows his head into the orifice, shortbow at the ready.

Theli
2008-01-04, 11:00 AM
The cellar opens up to a 60' by 60' room. The ceiling is about 10' high. The entrance is near one corner, the wall extending about 20' to the left. There is a wide doorway about 20' to the left of the corner opposite this one. There are no other exits.

The area smells of various foods and spices. The same tell-tale shadowy illumination is present in this room as well. Nothing moves and no sounds can be heard.

GimliFett
2008-01-04, 11:04 AM
Syd

The dwarf proceeds deeper into the cellar, heading directly for the doorway in the opposite corner. "Well, no one seems to be hiding out here to avoid our little friends. Wine cellar?" he asks no one in particular as he reaches the doorway.

Theli
2008-01-04, 11:22 AM
When you get to the door, you see a few racks of wine in the nearby corner.

The door is barred from inside the cellar by a wooden crossbar.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-04, 05:29 PM
Father Porter

"Well...this has become more interesting. Why would an innkeeper hide their cellar? I still say we rest before proceeding further. I say we close all of the doors between that and us, rest, have somebody stand watch, and then, proceed further. Assuming we find nothing of note down there, we can venture outside. What say all ye?"

Father Porter seems more concerned about the general well-being of his newfound friends and the only non-shadow-weasle beings that he has had contact since waking than out of any real kind of fear.

Theli
2008-01-04, 05:47 PM
Your basic knowledge of history would tell you that this area is known for conflict. In fact, the halfling tribes of the plains have tussled with the Elves to the south many times in the past. This precaution may be the result of running a business in that climate of aggression.

It's somewhat common knowledge.

GimliFett
2008-01-04, 05:51 PM
Sydian d'Kundarak

The dwarf nods sagely at Father Porter's words. "Aye. A good idea, I think. If we hole up here, we can eat while we're here. I doubt, given there lack of presence, they'll mind us helping ourselves," Syd shrugs. "They are, after all, the House of Hospitality."

Randel
2008-01-04, 09:31 PM
Carmot

After finishing the cage, Carmot follows the others and looks at the secret passageway. "Impressive." He says, admiring the design. Then he thinks about it "I wonder where the secondary switches are... they must have switches inside the cellar as well to close the walls after them... better not flip them out of order, wouldn't want the wooden wall to slide into the stone wall when its rotated out like this."

He searches the cellar for any switches, levers or other devices. He also checks the barred door, remembering the layout and determining if it might leads to a room under the inn or if it leads out of the building.

Theli
2008-01-04, 09:50 PM
A brief search finds the mechanisms that would close the stone and wood walls. They are hidden on one wall not too far from the stairs, near the ground.

From what you can recall, this exit must lead to some location outside the Inn.

WillWolf
2008-01-05, 03:51 AM
Richard

Richard was glad that the dwarf hadn't been knocked out cold by the beam. One of his little thoughts of wisdom: When you hear a click, bad things happen was again correct. Check one for paranoia, even if it was unnecesary paranoia. And he followed them down in the wine cellar.

He had to agree with them stopping to rest. He really wanted to help anyone who was caught up in this schebackle as they were, but so far he hadn't found any reason to beleive that there were any other people than themselves to begin with.

He agreed with both the dwarf and father's suggestions. He didn't really want to take food, but frankly, their survival might be at stake here.

"Let's grab the weasel and our stuff then." He said after he took a good look around downstairs. He began to walk up the stairs to do just that.

Randel
2008-01-05, 10:45 PM
Carmot

"Indeed, we should be able to rest here, it was built to be secure." He helps bring the cage and other things down into the cellar.

"Is everybody ready?" If nobody says otherwise he uses the mechanisms to close the secret passageway.

He takes out his lantern and his flint 'n steel so that if the eerie light goes out he can light the lantern.

Suzuro
2008-01-06, 02:11 AM
Yes, let's rest here, for at least the night. We'll try to figure this out in the morning. I'll take a watch, but a few more would be useful, at least we only need a few down in this cellar.

He stood up, off of the wall and began his slow shamble down into the cellar.

Does everybody have everything? Wouldn't want to forget anything so that those crazy little.....weasel ferret things could get them.




-Suzuro

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-06, 12:34 PM
Father Porter

"Aye. I have everything. I do not, however, think we should waste the opportunity to rest in some kind of comfort. I'll be back soon."

With that, I run upstairs and acquire several blankets and pillows and pass them out to the group once we are all downstairs.

"Well, since we are going to bed, I'll be praying for my spells now, and then get them when I awake. That said, is anybody else in need of any more healing? I can spare one more healing for somebody who needs it."

Once back downstairs, I ensure that my new...pet's cage is very secure, and bed down for the night.

OOC: If anyone needs more than 50% of their hp restored, I'll use bless as a spontaneous cure spell, saving divine favor in case we are attacked that night and need a healed killing machine. Also, I edited my post to reflect my pre-agreed upon time to pray for spells. Can I assume that I can pray for them before bed, and they will be granted to me when I awake?

Theli
2008-01-07, 12:03 AM
OOC: Please make a post in the OOC thread if you have nothing further to add and have not posted yet that day.

GimliFett
2008-01-07, 02:34 PM
SydHP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf sets his pallet up right beside the entrance to the cellar. "I'll do my best to keep an ear an' an eye out for us. Just in case," Syd says with a shrug as he settles down, still armored and holding his sheathed rapier right next to him. "Unless someone wants ta take a peak in the wine cellar with me," he offers with a wide grin.

Randel
2008-01-07, 11:02 PM
Carmot

Carmot looks towards Syd, his head tilted a little in curiosity. "Wine cellar?" He thinks a bit. "Oh, a place to store wine to let it age and improve in quality." He says in realization. "I doubt that an inn would have such a thing, most consumables would doubtlessly be brought in on regular shipments."

He then says, "I think I would be best suited for keeping watch, my body cannot be restored from the weakening attacks inflicted on me without magical repair... for some reason. I don't require sleep so I can keep watch while you all get rest."

He looks over at the barred door.

"Though... from what I know of the buildings layout, that door leads out of the building... and since this basement was designed as a safe haven from whoever might attack the inn I imagine that it leads to another safe place or an outside entrace. Like some kind of emergency escape tunnel."

He turns to the others, "We could try exploring it a little ways to see how far this strange light goes. If we run into trouble we could return here. Though getting a good nights rest first might be best."

If the others decide to rest until morning, he finds a spot where he can see the entrance they came in and the cage with the weasel, his loaded crossbow an his hand and pointed toward the ground. He tries to stay as inactive as possible while still keeping a decent eye on the door and the weasel.

Suzuro
2008-01-08, 12:09 AM
I'd say we stick around for awhile. I don't want to get attack by those damned......things again! If we rest, we can, finally! go explore a little bit and try to find a way out of this hole...

Pulling out a blanket from the ones that the father brought, he sets up a cot to watch the doors.

I can take a shift. he grumbles.


If no one is going to do anything else today, he'll set up his 'bed' with his weapons next to it, and prepares to rest.




-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-01-08, 03:48 AM
Richard

He wasn't particularly interested in resting and in truth, didn't plan to sleep for the full eight hours. He doubted that his team mates would agree, but he wanted to get a good lay of the land before traipsing off, and wasn't in the mood to argue with them on the point. If they didn't have a good understanding of what was occuring out there before they left they could walk into a trap. If the warforged were "asleep" because he didn't really know what to say on the matter of warforged sleeping habbits, he wouldn't be able to do anything of the sort: he couldn't just abandon them, but if they were awake than he had a plan. Very, very quietly he would take a quick look around and then come back.

"I'll take second watch. Many eyes decrease the chance we'll get weaseled." That was also the truth.

He settled into sleep.

OOC: He'll do the rope thing, it seems like a good plan and don't worry I have a reason for him to think of it. >__>;;

Oh and he took everything, including the healing water and the sack (if it is no longer in use).

Theli
2008-01-08, 09:50 AM
After preparations are completed. The majority of the party attempts to catch some more sleep.

As an hour passes, you will notice that it is actually very difficult to properly drift off. The best you can do is to feel really, really groggy.

Close to the 2nd hour mark, a shrill squealing arises from the pot/cage. The weasel must have awoken. If someone should choose to do so, they can easily find blankets and other fabric to muffle the sound of the squealing. The rest of the party will be able to tune the sound out and keep resting, as they only need physical relaxation.

There are no further interruptions for the rest of the 8 hours. The shadowy illumination is unwaveringly constant, and not a single sound is heard, other than from inside the cellar.

{OOC:
Despite the inability to sleep, the party's rest is unaffected. If someone is willing to sacrifice their rest, they can attempt an 8 hour heal check, DC 15, to double the HP and ability damage healed. (Only one person can attempt this check, although it can be aided, if necessary. You can "Take 10" on it.) Otherwise, everybody who rests, that can do so, will only regain 1 of each.

If somebody wants to try to do something else during the night, they're free to do so as well.}

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-08, 12:21 PM
Father Porter

"All right, 'Oh Shadow Weasle Overlord,' you shall be fed, for no other reason than for study, and now, I shall leave you in silence."

I put some leftover trail rations inside the 'cage' (meaning, I drop it through the top grate), and use the extra blankets and pillows to muffle his shrill cries.
I summarily go back to bed.

Upon waking, I go over my list of spells for the day, ensuring that I have them all, and then use 1 Turn Undead attempt on the weasle to see if it is affected. Regardless the outcome, I await the rest of the group to wake up and let them know the results.

WillWolf
2008-01-08, 08:57 PM
Richard

((OOC: Nerf this is someone does something different.))

He fell into a slight sleep, drifting in between waking and the world of dreams. He was in the battle again, but this time there was a thick mist. Yellow eyes, pale as the moon, fierce as an animal, stared at him wherever he looked. There was only one, but it followed him, no matter where he turned. At his feet purple shadowy rodents growled at him, but gorged on the flesh of the dead and not him. A silverly light hung in the distance. He wasn't alone, he was in a platoon. Gawair was shot through the eye, the shaft of the arrow deep into his skull. Kilo, a warforged, head looked up to him, unmoving. He must have been hacked off with an axe. Carter's head was crushed in as if someone had took a club too it, his long beard flowing into a river. But there was no enemy, where was the enemy, all there was were the rats and the eyes, big as plates with no face, nose, or hair.

Riiichard.

A rat attacked his legs.

He awoke with a cold sweat and a startled but quiet, 'ha' as if he was having trouble breathing before. The rat's squeals had awoken him from his unpleasant dream. Privately he thanked the evil rodent. He was dressed in his armor, sword and shield by his side, and on his neck there was a silver flame.

He was silent in the night.

Theli
2008-01-08, 11:01 PM
{OOC:
Guys, it's a minor plot element that you actually CAN'T get any sleep. You can rest. And after you do so you'll feel a little healthier and refreshed. But you can't completely drift off.

Again, you don't need sleep for spell recovery, just rest. In case the resident non-divine caster was wondering.}



Padre lifts his symbol up and a brief shine pierces the cellar. The weasel practically ignores it, though it may be shrieking a little louder.

Randel
2008-01-09, 01:41 AM
Carmot

HP: 4/4 (6) Con:7/10 [-2]

Having never truly slept or dreamed, the warforged sees no difference in his rest now than any other time, though the strange light is still odd.

Carmot looks at the tiny creature, checking to see if it eats the scraps father Porter provided it.

"Interesting, it either desires freedom or sustenance... I suspect that it and the others like it were trying to gain sustenance from us when they attacked, and there was also light when they attacked."

He gets out his lantern and tries lighting it again with his flint and steel, holding the lamp near to the cage with the weasel, but being careful to not let his fingers near the beast.

"We know that light sources seem to either fail to light or go out in this area... could be connected with this strange glow, the mist outside, or the creatures. I doubt the creature would gain sustenance from lamp-light but it is worth a test, they do seem to be made of shadow."

After examining the creature, he looks at the door and turns to the others. "Should we proceed this way or recheck the upstairs?"

I'll just say that Carmot cast Repair Light Damage on himself before they all rested so he's now with 4 hp and all infusion slots replenished

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-09, 08:02 AM
Father Porter

"Hmmm. Well, for good measure, we should check the upstairs, in the unlikely event that we find somebody else. I tell you what, I'll run upstairs, do a quick sweep of the areas we didn't check, and come back down to meet you all before we head off into the cellar. Oh, and I did feed the thing last night. I decided to keep it around, so if we get out of here, we can study it, or have it studied."

I run upstairs, open the doors, look around, and assuming that I find nothing else of note, jog back downstairs and catch up with the group in the cellar.

Theli
2008-01-09, 09:46 AM
Scraps still remain at the bottom of the cage.

The lantern fails to light just as before. The weasel shows no real reaction, except to become more aggressive as it sensed something approaching.

The upstairs area is as you left it. No one seems to be around.

GimliFett
2008-01-09, 09:58 AM
SydHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf grins at his companions. "We ready to actually do somethin' now? Let's check this door, and proceed from there, possibly outside, dependin' on what we find beyond," he offers with a nod towards the unopened door as he moves towards it, laces his fingers together and cracks them outward, then begins inspecting it for any traps or wardings.

So how much HP and Con did we get back? 1 or 2?
Search: [roll0]
Disable Device: [roll1]
EDIT: Oh, boy! Die Roller seems angry with me this morning... :smalleek:

Theli
2008-01-09, 10:02 AM
OOC:

As no one volunteered to step up on the heal check, it's 1 HP and 1 CON regained. I'd still allow it if someone wants to...


Syd:

OOC: This is why you take 20. :D

Well, you rolled. And you didn't find anything odd. It seems to just be a simple door on hinges that opens inward, but is barred by the wooden crossbar.

GimliFett
2008-01-09, 10:05 AM
OOC:

As no one volunteered to step up on the heal check, it's 1 HP and 1 CON regained. I'd still allow it if someone wants to...


Syd:

OOC: This is why you take 20. :D

Well, you rolled. And you didn't find anything odd. It seems to just be a simple door on hinges that opens inward, but is barred by the wooden crossbar.


OOC:Not in my idiom. Sorry. :smallbiggrin:
Theli:I seriously, actually, really meant to put Take 20, but that's not what I typed for some reason. Ugh!

Theli
2008-01-09, 10:11 AM
Syd:

OOC:
Fortunately you can redo search checks. Taking 20 doesn't allow you to find anything more about the door. It seems to be just a plain old, ordinary device of portal denial. Although you do end up wasting 2 minutes in the process.

GimliFett
2008-01-09, 10:31 AM
Theli:No worries. Two minutes it is. As I said, he's thorough paranoid as far as traps go, but not in regards to much else.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-09, 12:06 PM
Father Porter

"To the cellar then!"

I wait on the rest of them, shadowy weasel overlord in tow.

GimliFett
2008-01-09, 12:08 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

With a shrug, Syd opens the door and steps through the portal.

Theli
2008-01-09, 12:12 PM
Before you, you find stone stairs leading upwards. There seems to be a trapdoor, also made of stone, at the end.

GimliFett
2008-01-09, 12:18 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Syd searches the trapdoor extensively, wanting to be sure there's nothing prepared for the unwary who simply open the door and proceed.

Search: {TAKE 20}+8=28

Theli
2008-01-09, 12:21 PM
Syd:

Syd doesn't find any traps. Although he does figure out how the mechanism that opens the trapdoor works. It seems as if it can be opened from both outside and in.

GimliFett
2008-01-09, 12:46 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Syd smiles and pushes the button to open the trapdoor, waves at the others cheerily and moves through it, rapier leading.

Theli
2008-01-09, 01:28 PM
The exit leads to an area surrounded by trees. When you look back down, you see that the trapdoor was cleverly hidden within what would have looked to be a solid rock.

Looking past the trees you see, very nearby, a large 2 story building, which you can only assume to be the Inn. In the other direction, you see a simple garden. Past the garden, there rapidly develops a very strong mist, though a light mist is seen all around you now. The same shadowy illumination is found here as well.

Not a single breeze can be felt and there is no wildlife anywhere to be found. (Except in a pot, of course.)

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-09, 01:46 PM
Father Porter

"Hmm...very interesting. I don't remember any other inns near this one."

OOC: I look at the building before us. Does it look like the inn we were in previously (no pun intended)?

GimliFett
2008-01-09, 02:33 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf glances over his shoulder at the priest. "Um...Padre? That is our inn. You feelin' all right? That weasel bitin' on you again?" he asks with a chuckle.

Theli
2008-01-09, 02:37 PM
While there were certainly buildings near to the Inn, none of them were Inns themselves, or had this Inn's size. It can only be the Inn you've just left.

Randel
2008-01-09, 08:01 PM
Carmot

HP: 4/4 (6) Con:7/10 [-2]

If nobody else has already volunteered then I guess I could say that Carmot tried making an untrained heal on the others... he learned enough about human biology to avoid melting anyone through his military training and study in alchemy... yeah, that's the ticket.

untrained heal check: [roll0]
(If I fail miserably I don't kill anyone right? And as said before if someone else volunteers to be the healer then I'll let them.

Carmot follows the others and when they get out of the passage way he turns to look in all directions. He wields his loaded crossbow, on the lookout for any movement coming from the mist or in the air.

"Does anyone see any other buildings than the inn? Or do you remember where other landmarks were before we stopped at the inn?"

He looks upward to see if the sun or any other things are visible through the mist, with their rest it should be around 8 am or so which would mean the sun would be to the east.

He also tries to recall where they are in relation to other buildings or towns, perhaps if they get their bearings they could make haste toward a nearby town where they could get experts to examine the situation. He tries to remember if this mist and the strong mist in the distance looks like the mournland.

Suzuro
2008-01-09, 11:40 PM
As he followed the others, the elf mumbles slightly Stupid thing.....not getting....sleep... and mostly kept his eyes on the floor.

Once outside, he began to slowly swivel his head, looking at the mist that surrounded them. He blinked several times, once...twice...thrice. Where did all of this come from, he wondered. No, it didn't matter where it came from, all that mattered was getting out of it.


Sorry...I was somewhat preoccupied when I came into the town to really remember too much...

He slowly followed behind the others, occasionally lagging behind, still trying to see the mist, the strange, ghost mist. Realizes his slow, he quickly catches up.




-Suzuro

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-10, 08:00 AM
Father Porter

"Oh, yes. Of course. I must have just gotten turned around. Hmm...Well, let's find the road, and see what we can see."

I walk towards the side of the inn where I last saw the road was, and see if I can spot anything.

Theli
2008-01-10, 08:11 AM
Carmot:

OOC: No, you won't kill anybody for rolling low.


Looking up, you see only mist. If there's a sun up there, it's completely hidden.

You will eventually realize that this is the back of the Inn, which no one here, except possibly Syd, has likely checked out. Going to one side of the Inn, there should be a smaller building and a small alleyway between them, however all you see 5 ft away from the large building where the alley should be is nothing but mist. That it forms so close to the Inn there is wholly unnatural.

GimliFett
2008-01-10, 09:46 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

With a snort of derision, Syd turns to face the others. He stands right next to the mist and waves his arm in front of it, as if trying to fan an open space into it. "Okay. This is gettin' ridiculous! Tie some rope around me and I'll go 'splorin'!" he says as he finally sticks his arm into the mist up to his elbow.

Theli
2008-01-10, 09:53 AM
Carmot:

OOC:
Sorry, forgot your other question

The mist seems to be especially stable. Something which the mournland mist perhaps is not. There's nothing which would especially connect the two.


Syd:

You feel nothing but air. Though the mist barely budges as you shove your arm into it.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-10, 09:54 AM
Father Porter

Theli


I already said I went around front and walked to where the road was. What did I find/see?

Theli
2008-01-10, 10:01 AM
Porter:

Oh, I thought you meant that you were just going as far as the side of the Inn, and not down the "alley".


As padre walks down the makeshift "alley" he eventually comes to the front of the Inn, though the mist hugs the building here as closely as it does in the alley.

It's quite possible that the only visible significant outside terrain is the garden.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-10, 10:11 AM
Father Porter

Do I see the road? If so, I walk out to it, heedless of any possible danger. I make sure that the group knows where I am going.

Theli
2008-01-10, 10:17 AM
No, if there is a road, it's beyond the mist.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-10, 10:30 AM
Father Porter

I get some rope from the inn, and tie it around something on the outside of the inn, and the other side to myself, and then walk out into the mist.

Theli
2008-01-10, 10:33 AM
Padre:

You walk, and walk, and walk. It seems to be pretty even terrain and the only thing you feel is the ground you walk on and the air around you.


Everyone, but Padre:

The moment padre completely disappears inside the mist, the rope seems to stop advancing and just hangs there lifeless.

GimliFett
2008-01-10, 10:47 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

"Crazy priests!" Syd exclaims as he starts hauling on the rope with all his might. "A hand here!" he yells at the others.

Theli
2008-01-10, 10:57 AM
Padre:

You feel a strong tug on the rope. Do you attempt to resist?

OOC:
If so, make a dex check followed by a strength check. If not, do nothing.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-10, 11:22 AM
Father Porter

I walk back, all the while calling back to the group:

"Oy! I'm just fine! I think I found a way out! Just hold onto the rope, and follow me!

Theli
2008-01-10, 11:33 AM
Padre:

To your surprise, and perhaps dismay, you find that the second you take a step back towards the Inn, you pop out of the mist. You apparently haven't walked any appreciable distance toward the road, despite your experience to the contrary.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-10, 12:06 PM
Father Porter

"Hmmm...okay...I was walking out into this mist for a short while, but when I took a step back, I ended up right here as if I took only a step out. I suggest we go further in. Together."

GimliFett
2008-01-10, 12:16 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Syd shrugs at Father Porter's suggestion. "Sure, why not? Lemme tie the rope off to the inn and make sure everyone's got a hold on the rope, eh?" Syd pulls a silk rope from his pack and looks for a secure spot on the inn to make a knot as an anchor point.

Use Rope: {Take 20} +2 {Silk Rope} = 24

Theli
2008-01-10, 12:20 PM
The dwarf takes 2 full minutes to tie a fancy, but firm-looking, knot.

There are now two ropes tied to the Inn.

GimliFett
2008-01-10, 12:23 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Syd smacks his own forehead then unties Father Porter's rope and splices it together with his own. "Crazy priest's got my brain frazzled," he mumbles.

Oops. Meant to tie the two ropes together. Use Rope: {Take 20} +2 {Silk Rope} = 24

Theli
2008-01-10, 12:32 PM
OOC:

Assuming that DM77 didn't intend on making the rope hard to untie, just secure.


GimliFett:

Taking 20 on splicing rope would require 100 minutes. Since I doubt that you're willing to spend that much time, I'm gonna change that to a regular roll. ("Take 10" would still fail the DC) I will roll for ya.


A little over 5 more minutes go by and there is now one very long rope, part hemp/part silk, tied securely to the Inn with the other end free.

GimliFett
2008-01-10, 01:14 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

"Shall we?" Syd asks with a flourishing hand-wave forward. "This place is gettin' on my nerves an' makin' me...itchy," he says with a thin smile.

Thanks, Theli. Sometimes I know what I wanna do, just not exactly how to do it... :smallbiggrin:

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-10, 01:25 PM
Father Porter

"Well, friends, off into the mists!"

I begin heading out into the mist away from the inn.

Theli
2008-01-10, 01:32 PM
Everybody, but Padre (though he could probably guess):

Again, the moment padre completely disappears inside the mist, the rope seems to stop advancing and just hangs there lifeless.

GimliFett
2008-01-10, 01:42 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf's thin smile drops and is replaced with a slightly quivering bottom lip. "Get back here!" he yells as he pulls on the rope once more. When the priest returns, Syd faces all of his companions. "Okay, magic is not my area of expertise. Is this mist magical in nature? What the heck is going on here? Is it even really there? Are we being bamboozled?" he asks, then pauses a moment, pursing his lips and stroking his beard. "Maybe Da was right. Some magical trainin' might be useful at some point," he says quietly to himself.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-10, 03:36 PM
Father Porter

After turning, once more, sticking my head back towards the party:

"Of course. Have you ever heard of anything like this naturally occuring in nature? Neither have I. Now, master dwarf, and fellow servant of the sacred Silver Flame, let us proceed. I shall advance, and if you all hear my pitiful cries of agony, pull me back. If not, then just follow after."

With that, I go. And this time if pulled back, I resist, unless I hear cries of battle or agony from the group.

Suzuro
2008-01-10, 09:08 PM
Argh, this damned place makes no sense! Shadow weasels and people-eating fog?!?! This is just plain ridiculous!

He grabs onto the rope, waiting for the Father to continue and listening for anything that might give away that he is in danger.

I sure do hope that this is a way out...





-Suzuro

Randel
2008-01-10, 10:12 PM
Carmot

HP: 4/4 (6) Con:7/10 [-2]

Following the others and hearing what they have to say, Carmot thinks aloud.

"Lets see... what if we all get along the rope and hold hands while one person stays at least halfway out of the mist? With the five of us we could probably have a reach of say fifteen or twenty feet... maybe more. If we all can see each other then it will be less likely that whatever magic is creating this 'treadmill' effect would be able to trick us than if we are in there one at a time... something abut multiple observers tending to make realities collapse, I suppose."

"Unless there is some kind of extra dimensional space involved... we should make sure to check the level of the ground while inside, if we are still on firm ground there would be at least slight variations in the surface or rocks or something."

Stowing his crossbow on his side, Carmot grabs a hold of the rope and moves right up to the edge of the mist reaching in and trying to make contact with Father Porter by either seeing or touching him. However, he waits until someone else grabs a hold of his hand before he moves farther in.

"If this mist magic wants to keep us from passing through, it will either have to put up a wall of force to stop us or create extra space for us to go through. If it does... then I suppose we might as well try going around it or something."

WillWolf
2008-01-11, 03:53 AM
Richard:

Richard was more 'shifty' than usual, at any sudden movement the party would make sent him looking over his shoulder. He wasn't afraid, just a little paranoid, and a bit anxious to get this done. He didn't have anything relevent to add, though he did say 'by the Flame' the first time that Father Porter had been swallowed by the mist, and was about to run off after him when the sensible dwarf had said for them to pull him back (and he helped him do so). He didn't really want to send Father out into the midst, but then again who was he to judge? Father was an established member of the clergy, and he, himself, had no such title.

Well away from Father Porter, Richard picked up a small off-coloured stone and threw it deep into the mist. He concentrated on seeig if it made a noise or whether or not it would show up at his feet or something. Magic was just plain weird.

Theli
2008-01-11, 06:02 AM
The feral man throws a rock into the mist, to no effect. No sound is heard as the rock is simply absorbed.


{OOC: Ok guys. Since something like this might take a while if we do it piecemeal, I'm gonna jump ahead and just assume that you try everything that anyone suggests, or seems obvious.

The mist actively seems to be trying to keep you in. When you enter the mist, you can see and hear nothing. When someone tries to say something outside of the mist, nobody can hear it inside, and vice versa. The ground, when you enter the mist, seems to be exceptionally flat. There is no variation or deformities.

You can keep hold of the rope and each other as you go in. If you do so in a line, then the furthest person along will indeed take extra steps to return to the unmisted area, as long as they keep hold. If anyone lets go of the rope, or each other, when they're all in the mist, then they always only take a single step to return to the unmisted area.

If two people enter the mist with the rope, and they try to walk from each other, they will feel no resistance on the rope. (It just seems to grow longer and shorter as you move.) Although if they are holding on to each other at the time, their arms will not extend and they will not be able to walk apart while still holding each other.

If 3 people enter the mist holding the rope, and the 2nd person in line tries to go back, they will be able to do so and seem to actually *move through* the person who would have otherwise been closest as they follow the rope back.

There is always the bare minimum of rope which leaves the unmisted area to account for each individual person that goes in, but no more. No matter how far anyone tries to move in the mist, no more rope will leave.

Because of this, the determination can be made that this is more than a physical effect. There may not actually be space beyond the mist, and it may simply be manipulating your experiences in order to try to convince you that there is, while at the same time keeping you in the unmisted area.

In other words, this is quite possibly a dead-end. At least as far as an avenue of escape is concerned.}

GimliFett
2008-01-11, 09:52 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Syd roars in frustration after the extended exploration of the mist. "RAAAAGH! This is some kinda sick joke, isn't it? We're actually asleep an' in our beds an' that's why I didn't actually sleep again! Which means y'all're all figments of my imagination, or this is just weirder," the dwarf rants. He sits down and leans against the inn and closes his eyes tightly. "Wake up. Wake up. Wake up," he whispers to himself. "Somebody's messin' with me an' they're gonna wish they hadn't!"

Randel
2008-01-11, 09:14 PM
Carmot

The warforged exits the mist after exploring it and then asks everyone else to exit it as well.

"Okay... this is very much outside my knowledge. Its like... like a big Handy Haversack turned into a barrier." He says, probably not making sense but its the best he can do.

"I suggest we avoid making any more excursions into this mist. Let us head the other way and see about getting out of here and back to another town."

He walks around to the front of the inn, avoiding the mist, then finds the road to the inn and looks along it, seeing if it leads away from the mist. He also looks around as far as he can just to make certain that they are not all boxed in on all sides by the mist.

Theli
2008-01-11, 09:48 PM
{OOC: Technically you WERE already at the front of the Inn. Padre circled around and was the first to attach a rope and make an excursion. Then Syd followed and I assumed that the rest of you did as well.}

As you explore the area around the Inn you see that the mist hugs it in most places within 5-15 ft of its walls... The only exception is the moderately sized garden found behind the structure.

Suzuro
2008-01-11, 11:10 PM
Gah! You've got to be kidding me! No matter what we try, we can't make any headway! This mist probably isn't even real! Maybe we're all just imagining things.......or else I've gone crazy....


He sat down angrily and began to rock back and forth on his legs.

Even if I'm NOT crazy, this is going to drive me there! There has to be some other way to get out of here! Maybe if we....dig out, or...go over the mist, maybe this is all just a magic-area and the exit was in the Inn the entire time!





-Suzuro

Randel
2008-01-11, 11:46 PM
Carmot

"Perhaps this area has been ... actually I should probably stop making uninformed theories. Lets check out the garden, I believe it is the last place not walled off by the strange mist... aside from the Inns roof."

He heads toward the garden, loaded crossbow at the ready as he looks around. He also turns around to see if there is anything on the roof of the inn.

Theli
2008-01-11, 11:50 PM
Nothing special resides on the rooftop. The mist clings there almost as closely as elsewhere.

Randel
2008-01-12, 02:15 AM
What about the garden?

Theli
2008-01-12, 06:23 AM
Besides the circle of trees and the rock you crawled out of, there's a small field of very varied plant-life. It seems to be designed as much much for show as anything else. The mist seems to form a rough semi-circle around it.

Randel
2008-01-12, 03:05 PM
Carmot

"Okay... what do we know:

1. We are the only living things here aside from this one weasel creature.

2. The weasel creature was one of a group that seemed to attack us when this all began.

3. The inn is surrounded on all sides by an impenetrable wall of mist that... well it seems to bend space or whatever so that we simply can't get through it.

4. This mist surrounds the building and this little section of the garden which also contains the secret passageway we just exited the building from."

Thinking these things over he then says:

"Now... for my next wild theory I would say that this mist is designed to prevent us from escaping. Someone or some thing put this barrier of mist around the building and the secret passageway ... and the open sky... and possibly under the ground somehow since the weird glowing effect occurs in the passageway as well."

"If I were to venture how... well either someone created a very powerful spell effect around the building that blocks out all contact... or this whole building was ripped from the material plane and placed in some kind of extradimensional space or something... like a demiplane. I sure hope that isn't the case." Carmot gets the distinct feeling he's been reading too many pulp Magic-Fiction novels.

"As for the creators of this effect... its either these weasel things or some intelligent life that raises them. To make another wild guess I would say that these weasel things feed off of whoever is trapped inside this mist bubble thing and then somehow escape when they are done feeding. I've never heard of anything like this happening before... though."

"As for how do we escape... I suppose as a very wild guess we could try killing this weasel thing and see if that ends the effect or we could release it and see if it escapes into the mist. If it leaves it might end the effect and let us go." He seems wary to try these options since that could prevent them from using the creature for some other purpose, that and he doesn't want to risk the thing biting him or summoning more weasels to bite him.

"I don't know if this thing is intelligent... anyone have a spell that lets them comprehend languages? Maybe its squeaks and chattering is some sort of odd method of communication?"

"But... I suppose we should recheck the place before we release the creature. Since this building and garden are of finite area, I can do a complete search of it to see anything we might have missed. Might take a while.... like hours or days. Maybe someone can see what happens if they enter the mist while carrying the weasel thing in the cage? Hopefully it won't escape."

Carmot proceeds to check the whole area with a fine toothed comb (its in his artisans kit :smallbiggrin: ) He takes 20 as he searches the entire garden and inn from top to bottom (with a +6 on his skill). It could take a while but he's a warforged, he continues to search the area unless something like combat happens, if he finds anything unusual he alerts the others to it and then continues searching.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-12, 03:40 PM
Father Porter

The prospect of killing his new "pet" doesn't have Padre jumping for joy. He really wanted to study it. But, since it was evil and all, it is the only thing they haven't tried. Oh, well. Maybe in another life.

"Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I think the warforged is right. We have to kill it. It's not undead. My turn attempt had no effect on it. Uh...does anybody have anything long, slender, and pointy on one end? I'll stab it to death. I should be the one to do it.

Assuming that either someone gives him an object, or he can find a stick and sharpen it with a knife, he begins stabbing the thing to death between the gratings, more than a little sad. He tries to make it quick and painless as possible.

"Well, that messy buisness is done." He says wiping off his sweaty hands. He looks around waiting for something to happen.

Theli
2008-01-12, 04:09 PM
Carmot:

You begin your search of the garden and it seems that much of it is normal. You are no botanist, so you can't really tell for sure. However, you do come upon a strange flower... It is some kind of blue rose...and it has no thorns.

Certainly, there are many strange plants in the world. And you're sure that you've seen at least one blue rose in your many years of service. But a rose, of any color, with no thorns just seems like some kind of oddity. You were about to mention it to the rest before...


"Well, that messy business is done."

As soon as the little beast's screams die out, the mist rushes in to collapse upon everyone present...

For a short period, there is nothing. No sound, no light, no feeling.

Then...

Everyone, but Carmot and Padre:

You come to...

A little sweaty, but refreshed. You seem to be lying in your bed. The sun glares through the very fine cracks in the wooden walls, granting some minor light to your room.

OOC:
You regain all your CON and HP damage.


Padre:

You come to...

A little sweaty, but refreshed. You seem to be lying in your bed. The sun glares through the very fine cracks in the wooden walls, granting some minor light to your room.

OOC:
You regain all your CON and HP damage.

You'll find that you still don't have access to the spells you've used in your apparent dream. However, it is technically morning again. So your faith pushes you to commit to your morning prayer. When you do so, you'll find your divine spells replenished.



Carmot:

You come to...

You are standing back in your room, where you were working last night. Your lantern has long since expired. However, some sunlight streams through the very fine cracks in the wooden walls, granting some minor light to your room.

OOC:
You regain all your CON and HP damage.