PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doom: Team 2 (IC)

Pages : 1 [2]

Blue_C.
2008-02-03, 07:51 PM
Mi'lassk

After hearing Huurek's attempt at diplomacy, MI'lassk held further attacks, choosing instead to move over and menace the lone survivor, leaving the worgs for his party members.

Ready an action to attack Goblin 4 if he moves from surrender to attack

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-04, 09:33 PM
Round 4

Mi'lassk: The goblin seems to be very scared of you in your current form, but doesn't attempt anything.

Huukec: A bunch of bright swirling lights appear near the fleeing rider. he barely seems to notice them, completely focused on running away, but the worge seems to stop and stare somewhat confused at the lights. The rider doesn't appreciate this.

Rider #1: Angered by his mounts disobedience #1 tries to beat it into moving one, the beast seems to respond with a sudden and unexpected move, which causes the rider to fall off. The worg takes this opportunity to display its anger with its master, biting half his face off.

His now master-less, and blind beast is not so civil, and charges the first thing it can sense, which in this case would be the wizard. The worg is not used fighting relying solely on his olfactory senses and misses the goblin badly.

Dalton: A charge of your wand unerringly strikes the still fleeing worg.

Jathrax: ((NPCed for a round)) Moves closer to the prisoner.

Maor: You fire an arrow at almost point blank range, at the worg trying to eat your goblin companion. The acid dripping arrow tears through the creatures head, leaving Huukec soaked in blood blood, brain bits, and the smell of melted flesh.

Talorian: ((NPCed for a round)) You move somewhat closer to the battle.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/worgscopy-1.jpg

The encounter should now be over, unless you want to follow the still fleeing worg.

XP: 450
Loot: All their stuff is mundane, are you taking anything?

Randel
2008-02-04, 11:20 PM
Dalton

Seeing the battle over, Dalton uses a charge of his healing belt to heal the wound he got.

Healing from belt: [roll0] (5 damage taken during battle)

He turns to the others, "Anyone need some healing?"

While he waits, he checks the goblins bodies for loot. Collecting any items of value.

Blue_C.
2008-02-05, 12:56 AM
Mi'lassk

Mi'lassk stands up, transforming into his own shape as he does. "I'm covered, thanks," he says in response to Dalton.

Cast Cure Moderate wounds. [roll0]

(In Orc) "Huukec, I know it is a lot to ask of you at the moment, but please try to find out any information this person might have. This close to our goal, he may know something useful even if he and his fellows were innocent. We may have done something very wrong here. Let us not compound that stupidity by wasting this opportunity."

With that, he begins walking to just out of sight of the path. "I will be meditating for a time. I will return shortly."

Prepare 1st Cure Light Wounds, 2nd Soften Earth and Stone, 3rd Cure Moderate Wounds.

Random NPC
2008-02-06, 11:21 AM
Maor Moonclaw

"It's done." Maor sighs and shifts back, looking less like a beasts. The wounds start to slowly heal, until no mark reside on his body. The red tattoos also move, returning to their almost unnoticeable state.

"Well," he looks at Huukec. "Are you going to question your kin, Goblin, or should I ease his future pain of enduring your presense?" He says in a cold voice, obviously angered by the "fight" they previously had.

1d20-2 :smalltongue:

Random NPC
2008-02-06, 11:24 AM
Stupid forum roller

[roll0]

Neftren
2008-02-06, 03:08 PM
Jathrax

Turning to the goblin, he intones in a low voice, "Don't do anything funny, or you'll be on the receiving end of one of them spiffy fireballs. I may not have managed to hit your compatriot the first time, but believe me, I have in the past reduced individuals to smoking cinders.

Now answer us, to whom do you serve?"

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-06, 06:40 PM
Goblin #2

He speaks with a heavy accent. "I-I am no threat to you now. M-my name is Thalat, we are...were... scouts for Wyrmlord Koth. We-we are supposed to flee and report back if we found any resistance. It seems the worgs were making the decisions today." He stares gloomily at some of his dead friends. "I-i'm just a scout, I'll tell you whatever you ask of me as best as I can, just...just don't hurt me."

Neftren
2008-02-06, 06:54 PM
Jathrax

"Well, first off, you can start by telling us who Warlord Koth is, and where your base is, in addition to it's distance. Second, what were you "scouting" for. We'll go slow, to get the answers we need."

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-06, 08:33 PM
Thalat

"Koth...Koth is our leader. A filthy and weak bugbear, who is supposedly skilled with magic. I've rarely been addressed by him. He always has that brutish ogre Karkilan speak for him. I take it you have some business to settle with Koth." he smiles halfheartedly.

"Our "base" is an old ruined keep, it is very close, maybe an hour away on foot. If you could get above the treeline..." he stares at the not so long ago vulture half-orc. "you would have a clear view of it from here. It is about a mile north. It has almost no lookouts, Karkillan relies on us worg scouts and the keep's haunted reputation to keep intruders away."

"I guess scouting is a bad word, we are patrolling for intruders, this road is closed by order of Lord Koth and his red hand, any intruders are to be turned away or killed. We are the short range scouts, we were supposed to patrol during the night and report tomorrow. He has longer range patrols, some getting close to the ferry town, others as far as the bridge I've heard. Koth doesn't trust me or my brethren on the north patrols. He uses his own men for that. I believe those guys also serve as messengers between Koth and someone he has stationed up there. Sometime these patrols don't return, or new guys return in place of the ones that left." He seems very uneasy, as if he feels he shouldn't be saying this. It is also very clear he wants to leave.

If Huukec want's to cast detect thoughts I'll retcon it to happening before Jathrax's questioning. It won't really add much.

Random NPC
2008-02-06, 10:06 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor smiles at the Goblin. "If you know a safe way back to Drellin's Ferry, we can send you with a friend of us. You can tell him what happened here and he can give you work. We were sent here to deal with this Lord and I assure you, he will give troubles to this area no more. But first you need to help us. What is exactly this 'Red Hand'? Are you just plain robbers? An insurgent movement?" He looks back at Dalton. "Human, show the goblin our little symbol." Once Dalton shows the symbol, he asks, "Have you seen this before? What is it?"

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-06, 10:39 PM
Thalat

"The ferry town? with the human loving goblins?" He spits on the ground. "I'd rather you strike me down." He takes a somewhat defiant stace. "We, my dead comrades and myself, are members of the Stonetooth clan. Our village lies a few days travel east, into the mountains. A few weeks ago Koth and his bodyguards came to our village and ordered fealty. Our elders refused, but after a few swing of the ogre's club Koth had his wish. He took every able bodied goblin, including those not yet adults by tradition, and the fittest of the elders. I don't know what Koth intends to do, we have done little more than patrols like this are since we arrived. He doesn't seem like a simple robber, but his numbers seems a little thin for an "insurgency". I doubt he has much more than a dozen warriors in the keep, including us and his other scouts. He's unlikely to have much more if further north. He does have that beastly ogre, and some other horrid creature that recently began to occupy a room in the keep."

As you show him the holy symbol. "I have seen those before. A few of the guys that come and go from the keep have them. Some sort of lucky trinket I'd say. Something to do with dragons. Koth is always mentioning dragons, like the fool has ever seen one." he rolls his eyes at the thought.

Neftren
2008-02-08, 05:30 PM
Jathrax

Softening a bit, Jathrax stands up. "Can you provide us with a map? Perhaps we can help free your brothers... perhaps Koth is really keeping a dragon in there... you did mention a creature living in the castle... can you tell us any more about the number of soldiers in there? How strong is Karkilan?"

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-09, 12:30 AM
Thalat

"A map? I don't think I draw anything detailed for you." He makes a crude picture on the ground. "I can tell you about it though. The main floor has 3 large rooms. 1 is for the worgs and a few warriors, another for the rest of the warriors and Karkilan, the last one has empty until this new beast moved in. We are not allowed in the tower, so I can't help you there."

Crude map:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Map-4.jpg

"My clan brothers are not Koth's "captives", there is no rescuing to be done. I despise him because I find him weak and because of his lack or respect towards out elders, but we are not held against our wills. We mostly scout by ourselves in the woods, if we really wanted to leave we would've long ago. I assume most have no problem with what Koth is doing, the pay is good, and for many of the men this is the first time they have been let loose."

"I assure you, Koth commands no dragons." He seems confident Koth could never do such a thing. "I have seen this beast, while I have never seen a dragon, this beast looks nothing like the dragons of tales I've heard. Try to imagine a large spiky worg with leathery wings, about as lazy as a worg too."

"There are no more than a dozen warriors in the keep at any given moment. All hobgoblin except for the rest of my clan's warrior. It's unlikely you'll find more than a handful of us in the keep at any moment, most patrol for days at a time. Karkilan I've been told is an ogre. I've never seen another, but he certainly looks like you would expect an ogre to. I've heard he is short for an ogre, but he seems big enough to me. He is by far the strongest most violent creature I have met, and I grew up training worgs."

Blue_C.
2008-02-09, 11:30 PM
Mi'lassk

"So you are well acquainted with violence, indeed," Mi'lassk says, coming back to the group and catching the last bit.

"By the expression on your face Huukec, I guess we didn't interrupt a teenage camping trip. Let's tie this one up, and mvoe some distance away to discuss what to do with his information."

Random NPC
2008-02-11, 11:02 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Tipical Goblin reaction. You give them your hand and they snarl at it. He thought.

Maor now looks away to the castle.

"I agree with our Druid here." He says, nodding at Mi'lassk. "We need to concider the options and so far I've thought of two. The fiirst one is heading there and kill everyone in there now. If we attack right now, we will get them by surprise. However, I wonder if our little wizard here has the arcane power to support our group..." He looks at Huukec with anger. "... Or if he's going to be a bothersome thorn in our boots."

If only we had not faced that plant monster.

"The second option is wait 'till dawn and camp close to the Castle. That is an option I would only take if our resourses cannot hold them. We will risk having our presence noticed." He sighs. "I can make sure we are ignored and if get deep inside the forest, I'm sure our Druid and me can provide food to the group. Keep in mind I find this option very dangerous."

He looks at the crude map.

"How many warriors are with the worgs? How many feet from the wall to the Worgs? We can use the chaos to take down Koth faster." He grins.

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-11, 08:09 PM
Thalat

"I'm not sure on how many warriors and worgs there are since I don't know if any have left for or arrived from patrols, but when we left a few hours ago there were about 3 warrior with their mounts. I never took the time to measure the rooms, but it can't be more than 100 feet across, and no more than 30 or so wide."

DM

The keep is just over an hour away. If you leave for it now you will have the advantage/disadvantage of some darkness, you should arrive from 7-8 pm. As Thalat mentioned Koth and Karkilan don't really employ lookouts, and Thalat and his band were the shortest range patrols they had, it seems unlikely they would notice you during the night.

Neftren
2008-02-12, 08:53 AM
Jathrax

"I'm fine if we're going for the element of surprise. Perhaps we should consult Huukec? If he can fight, then we may as well go ahead and use the element of surprise. If we need to rest, then we may as well find a safe place to rest."

kpenguin
2008-02-12, 11:40 PM
Huukec, who has been silent all this while in contemplation, finally opens his mouth to speak.

"Listen... kid. This Koth is bad news. Real bad news.

Banditry is bad. Do you know what the old empire was? I am a scholar of history. I know the grand past of our people and if we want to recapture that glory, to bring it all back, we need order. We need law. Most importantly, we need respect.

Now, you might hate the people at Drelin's Ferry for being friendly with the humans, but they are helping to build our relations with the humans. The fact is, the humans would crush us if they ever truly wanted to. If we are ever able to be great once again, we need to be diplomatic. Dhaakan was destroyed because we were too damn arrogant to ask for help from the Valenar and the orcs. We can't afford to do that again.

Now, I don't agree entirely with Haruuc. I don't think that we should give up our culture and replace with that of the humans. But I do agree with his diplomatic overtures and I do agree with establishing law in our nation. Without order, we become a bunch of warring tribes again, as far from the empire as we could be.

Now, you say you are with him willingly, but bugbears like Koth, they will not accept failure. We won't kill you, but he will. I will ask my friends to let you go and I hope I convince them, but you must promise me one thing before I ask them. Promise me that you will leave here as swiftly as you can. You don't have to go to the town, but if you stay here, you will die."

OOC: Remember, lime is goblin.

Blue_C.
2008-02-14, 09:56 AM
Mi'lassk

After gently pulling Huukec away from the prisoner, Mi'lassk tries to get the group to a quick decision.

"I think that, given our options, we should press on to the tower without delay. This will make the second group of goblins that we've taken out. He said there were few patrols, correct? Even so, one may wander across us, especially as we are so close already. This group might not be missed for a while, but if a third group goes missing, someone might notice. I don't want to take that kind of chance, myself."

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-14, 10:24 AM
Thalat

The young goblin seems hard to reach. At times he seems to truly hear Huukec, but for the most part he just nods. His understanding of history or current political relations is almost nonexistent.

"I understand Koth will kill me if he ever finds out I failed him, trust me I wont stick around."

He moves to his dead worg grabbing a bag with probably rations/personal effect on its saddle, and begins walking away?

((I'll starts witting your approach to the keep now, I'm going to assume Maor will do some land scouting with Mi'lassk doing some aerial scouting.))

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-14, 11:27 AM
Day 3
Time: Just past 7 pm.

You travel travel towards the keep is uneventful. The woods begin to give way to a clearing and the keep is now visible, just a few minutes ahead.

Looming out of the shadowy woods is a haunting sight -a ruined keep. The old castle sits on a small rocky hillock, and you can catch glimpses of a broken tower. A moos covered stone at the side of the road you're following marks a footpath that looks like it leads up to the keep.

Not surprisingly you notice humanoid and wolf-like tracks around the area. The bulk of the party stays out of sight while Maor sneakily approaches the keep and Mi'lassk scouts from above.

The old keep is in very poor repair. The gatehouse is partially collapsed, as is a section of wall to the south. A small wooden building sits next to the remains of a long abandoned garden in front of the structure. The walls surrounding the keep are about fifteen feet high, with a two-story tower looming in the southwest corner of the courtyard within. Large boulders lie strewn amid the ruins of the two watch towers, , and a massive humanoid skeleton slumps amid the ruins of the northern one. This skeleton still wears tattered fragments of hid armor, and a large club lies next to one of its bony hands. A plume of smoke is visible rising from the southern section of the keep. ((The squiggly lines in the map))

A sickly greenish-yellow light flickers inside the second floor of the tower, and the faints sound of eerie moaning can be heard from within.

Map: ((The green light is much fainter, I kinda went overboard :smalltongue: ))

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Keepcopy.jpg

Darkness is approaching and some of you will soon need a light source. It will take about five minutes to reach the keep if you follow the path, about 20 if you try to approach from the south hillside. Please tell me how the party will approach the keep (could very well split up). Tell me what you are doing as you approach the keep, and what you intend to do as you enter, if you intend to enter.

Randel
2008-02-14, 08:19 PM
Dalton

Dalton turns to the others, "Okay, just to throw suggestions out: I can summon a homunculus to scout the keep and look out for the guards locations, and I can magically augment anyones weapons to work better against goblinoids... or just give one of the other basic magic weapon abilities for 50 minutes. If we decide to split into two groups I could have a homunculus stay with one group to allow easy communication between groups."

Not being used to military tactics, he waits to see how the group decides to handle the operation.

Random NPC
2008-02-14, 08:54 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Finally...

"It would be better if I had my bow prepared against Goblinoids if possible. What I had in mind was to sneak in from the south on my part and deal with the Worg trainers as soon as possible. After that I don't know if I should release them to create chaos or head to the tower and deal with Koth. Well, at least I believe he's in the tower. As for the rest of you, I think the rest of the warriors are eating in the barracks. You could use surprise to your advantage." Maor says quite relaxed. "Also, it would be lovely to know of the position of guards."

Randel
2008-02-14, 10:48 PM
Dalton

HP: 21/22 AC: 15

Dalton nods and pulls a small vial of dragonshard dust from his spell component pouch. Getting out a tiny pinch of the dust, he stoppers up the vial and then sprinkles the dust into the palm of his right hand. Speaking a few magic words, the dragonmark on his neck glows for a moment before the dust in his hand begins to puff out a purple smoke and reveal an Expeditious Messenger homunculus, bearing a mark of making on its neck like Dalton.

"Go scout the keep." he orders it, and the homunculus flies off to scout the area.

He reaches into his haversack and pulls out a few vials of oils and magical herbs along with a notebook, a pen and a bullseye lantern. He lights the lantern to give him enough light to work in.

"I have ten doses of the oils needed to enchant our weapons. Each dose costs 20 gold pieces... just to keep things straight, do you guys want to reimburse me now or should we wait until after we get this Koth guys treasure? It will take me one minute to enchant each weapon and the boost should last 50 minutes."

Propping up the lantern to give him light, Dalton draws up a map of what he sees and marks off the location of any guards or interesting things he spots. He holds off on enchanting anything until about five minutes before they all agree to head out.

(OOC)
Cast Summon Marked Homunculus to create the expeditious messenger. Going to use Lesser Weapon Augmentation to give a +1 ability to a weapon of whoever wants it (most likely Bane: Goblinoids unless they want a different one). Using his four 2nd lvl spell slots first and then his two 3rd lvl slots if need be. Then he uses Personal Weapon Augmentation to give his crossbow Bane: Goblinoids

Neftren
2008-02-15, 12:00 AM
Jathrax

"I suggest we split up and attack from different sides. Hopefully the confusion will generate enough chaos to disorient the guards."

kpenguin
2008-02-15, 12:04 AM
Huukec

Huukec holds up his quarterstaff and makes a small smile.

"I don't suppose you'd want to waste an oil on this old thing. I won't be on the frontlines anyway."

His smile fades.

"However, I am low on spells. I won't be able to fly or turn invible when we storm the castle. It would be nice if I could borrow that wand of yours. You can use your crossbow."

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-15, 01:21 AM
DM

Dalton:

While the party discusses your homunculus flies to the keep, using its size and the relative darkness to stay out of sight. The little shack next to the ruined garden is in very bad condition, its doors are closed but the messenger doesn't notice any signs of anything being inside.

Once inside it tells you there are more large skeletons scattered across the courtyard. It approaches the north room ((6)) and takes a peek through a piece of collapsed wall. It tells you the place looks like a stable, but it has wolf like creature sleeping inside not horses. He manages to make out some small humanoids conversing near the opposite end of the room, near the door.

As it moves south it tells you a larger humanoid left the north room heading for the southwest one carrying what seemed to be a large piece of meet.

The southwest room ((8)) has a 10 foot breach in its wall near the same place the outer wall its breached. The homunculus uses it to spy inside. Inside it sees about a half dozen creatures all awake and conversing, and eating. One is near a campfire and seems to be cooking something.

The southeast room's ((7)) doors are looked and you servant is unable to peek inside.

There are no light sources in the courtyard itself. The homunculus only notices a few torches inside the stables and the cooking fire.

Map: (Now with coordinates and a still exaggerated glow))

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Keepcopy-1.jpg

Randel
2008-02-16, 01:21 AM
Dalton

Shrugging, Dalton holds out his eternal wand to Huukec. "It's an eternal wand of Magic Missile... and it only fires one missile. It works twice a day and I already used one charge so if you can make use of it then by all means do."

He says "I got it during my short time in the war when these wands were just starting to get made... they soon realized that a sleeping spell is slightly more effective than a missile in combat... I mainly keep it to study it for when I make wands of my own."

To the group he says, "Okay, my homunculus is scouting the place. There are three main rooms in the keep and a shack outside. I didn't get a good look at the shack but the door is shut and I don't think anyone is inside it."

"The northern room has a stable full of Worgs... they all look asleep and I see what I think are a few goblins talking in a corner."

"The South West room has a big hole in one of the walls and about six people are inside talking and eating... somebody is cooking something on a campfire and I see a larger humanoid bringing what looks like meat from the worg stable."

"The southeast room is locked and I can't see inside it. There doesn't seem to be many light sources around the place... only some torches in the stable and the campfire. Makes sense... Goblins can see pretty well in the dark, can't they?"

"I'm going to check on that big green light in the tower... something is up with that."

He orders the homunculus to investigate the green glow in the tower.

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-16, 01:55 AM
Dalton:

The towers roof is partially collapse and there is also a huge hole in this wall. Three large boulders lie on the floor. Mounted on the far side of the wall is what appears to be a humanoid figure, lashed to a framework of wooden beams, arms upraised. A glow from beneath it illuminates the pale figure. There is a constant moaning sounds that originates from the figure, but apart from that it seems inert. The reek of rotting flesh fills the room.

Randel
2008-02-16, 01:31 PM
Dalton

"I see a hole in the side of the tower... inside there are three boulders and... it looks like there is someone chained to some wooden beams on the far wall. The floor is glowing... the figure in there doesn't seem to be moving but I'm hearing moaning sounds coming from them... and there is a smell of rotting flesh."

The artificer blinks and has his homunculus servant look away from the scene. "Uh... is there anything you guys want me to check on?"

He waits for the others to decide on how to do this, ready to send his homunclus to check on something else or to start enchanting weapons if they are about to head out.

Blue_C.
2008-02-17, 06:45 AM
Mi'lassk

"I'll not require enchantments," the druid states. "If we go in the hole where people are talking and eating, do you think you can put them to sleep, Dalton? If we take care, we may be able to take out most of the denizens with one attack."

Neftren
2008-02-17, 08:57 AM
Jathrax

Listening the whole time, he now chimes in. "Perhaps if I enter from one side and use some explosive moves and Huukec from the other doing the same, we can sufficiently confuse them enough to neutralize them. Remember we have to fight the worgs too."

kpenguin
2008-02-17, 02:48 PM
Huukec

"And an ogre. And a spellcasting bugbear."

Huukec sighs and takes the wand.

"I have exactly one fireball memorized, Jathrax. I'll use it when I see a bunch of goblins crowded together, not as soon as I see the enemy."

Randel
2008-02-17, 10:19 PM
Dalton

"Okay... so Maoer needs his bow enchanted... anyone else?" he looks around at the others. "I can whip up something to knock out the goblins in the eating room... maybe sleep or that color spray spell. What would you recommend, Huukec?"

"If we decide to split up, my homunculus can provide communication... and it might work as a decent distraction. Maybe tricking them into gathering into a group for you to fireball." he nods to Huukec. "Since this one is summoned I don't have to worry if its destroyed... it also explodes when destroyed, dealing a little damage to enemies around it."

Thinking again he brightens up. "Oh, I have some oil flasks here... they work almost as good as alchemists fire. If I have my homunculus grab one of those torches and set the worgs bedding on fire..."

((OOC))Is there very much straw or other flammable material in the worgs stable?

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-17, 11:46 PM
DM

Dalton:

There is a large stack of moldy straw near the talking humanoids. That would be near the right wall of the room.

Random NPC
2008-02-18, 11:11 AM
Maor Moonclaw

He ponders for a second. "Well, I was thinking of this: Instead of burning everything to the ground, why don't we just enter and take out everything as fast as possible?" He stops and looks at Dalton. "Human, can you tell me how many Goblins with the Worgs? If they are a couple of them I can kill them in a short time." He then directs himself again to the group "If we disable them, they won't get to use the worgs. Also, if the elves... " He looks at Talorian and Jathrax "... could go in and kill everyone eating, while having our Druid and our little mage blow up to pieces that Bugbear as soon as he steps out of the tower, we won't have problems." He smiles.
"If you let me attack first on the Goblins, then proceed to kill the ones eating and THEN surprise the Bugbear as he gets out, the Ogre will be like killing a Hobbo with Varenal Horse-elves."

Maor looks in the direction of the keep. "I guess I'll need more arrows. Can you give me 25, human?"

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to post at all on the weekends. I don't have internet connection and my source of online gaming is school :smallfrown:

EDIT: Familiar, how many arrows do I have left? I lost counting, but can I assume I used 15? Also, since I'm using the efficient quiver, can I put the 10 extra arrows in the javelin compartment?

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-18, 06:42 PM
DM

Maor:

The worg riders you fought had plenty of arrows. Say that you replenished your quiver after that fight.

Randel
2008-02-18, 10:14 PM
Dalton

"Okay, sounds like a plan."

He spends a minute using the Spell Storing Item infusion on his right glove, making it like a wand with one charge of Color Spray.

UMD check to emulate a 1st lvl spell DC 23:[roll0]
cost 1 XP

Then he gives his own crossbow Goblinoid Bane with personal weapon augmentation

Finally, he enchants Maors bow with Goblinoid Bane with Lesser weapon augmentation.

Has no 1st lvl infusions left, 3 2nd lvl, and 2 3rd lvl.
The weapons have their enchantment for 50 minutes (daltons runs out a minute earlier than Maors) and the glove/wand has 58 minutes left.

Blue_C.
2008-02-20, 09:49 PM
Mi'lassk

"I'm not sure that either Huukec or I have the ability to blast that Bugbear at the moment. However, I can produce fire, and summon an air elemental. If I set the straw afire, and have the elemental create a small whirlwind in the stables, would that be enough of a distraction for you to attack the lesser goblins, and maybe take the keep temporarily?

"If you're concerned about my safety...it's a dark night, and I'd like to meet the creature that could out pace a druid in the woods."

Neftren
2008-02-21, 06:33 PM
Jathrax

"I believe I did manage to incinerate my opponent some time before we got to the Ferry. Perhaps if I tried to do the same, it could confuse them enough for you guys to get in and cause some real damage."

Randel
2008-02-24, 12:32 AM
Dalton

"Well, bugbears are a kind of goblinoid, aren't they? My crossbow and Maors bow should be pretty good against him if we run into him. And the stables only have one real entrance/exit. I'm not sure if we could move any of these big rocks inside the keep... but if we could block the stable door then it could give us time to hit the dining hall. At the very least we could have a melee specialist block the stables entrance."

Frowning a little, he looks at his glove and adds. "I suppose its a bit late to just camp out and wait till everyones rested before we attack..."

Shrugging, he says "Now... the worgs in the stable are all asleep. If we are extra stealthy we might be able to take out the goblins in that room without waking them. One blast of my color spray on the goblins, then slit the goblins and worgs throats when they are down."

"If we can avoid alerting the others, we might be able to take out the stables and then head for the dining hall."

kpenguin
2008-02-24, 01:57 AM
Huukec

"Sounds like a plan. If we're going to act tonight, we best do it soon, however. I'm surprised no one has found us yet as it is. The longer we stand here speaking, the more likely the goblins find us and ruin our element of surprise."

Neftren
2008-02-28, 10:16 AM
Jathrax

"So... whatever our plan is, we better do it quickly, before we're detected."

I assume that the battle plan has been finalized to what it is in the OOC thread?

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-28, 01:39 PM
Vraath Keep

The party members position themselves and prepare to swiftly ambush the hobgoblins.

Huukec and Maor:

You hear muffled speaking coming form inside the room, the goblins inside appear to be close to the right wall.

Everyone else:

You manage to catch glimpses at the creatures inside. The hobgoblins seem to be wearing their armor, H2 is cooking something in the campfire to his right.

Ogre ((big blue circle)):
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/skullcrush.jpg

The party gets a surprise round:

Initiative ((I split the bad guys into 2 initiative groups, but they ended up going right after each other)):

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Huukec
Dalton
Bad Guys
Maor
Talorian

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/KeepSurpriseRound-2.jpg

((Sorry for the lack of legibility on the hobgoblins, their tags are, in descending order: H2, H4, H1, H3.))

Everyone above the bad guys gets the surprise round standard action + their regular turn.

Neftren
2008-02-29, 07:40 PM
Jathrax

Sorry it took so long to get this up. Real life calls you know?
Jathrax slowly creeps to the side before popping his head up to examine the scene. He then dashes out into the courtyard to unleash a ravaging assault upon the ogre in the corner. Black strands of pure shadow fly out from the shortsword, attempting to choke the ogre, while a flaming ball of fire is hurled from the scimitar.

Not sure how many action points to deduct for taking a standard action, so can someone fill me in on that? Or am I not allowed to use action points in a surprise round? Oh and since Fan the Flames has a 30 foot range, I'll burn as many action points as needed to get a bonus move action which will be used to place me within range of the ogre. Anyway, the rolls:

Shadow Garrote: Wow, I love this! Flat Footed and Touch Attack Together!
• [roll0] for a Ranged Touch Attack to Hit
• If it hits, the Ogre takes [roll1] damage and must make a DC 15 Fortitude Save or be stunned for one round. If he makes the save, he negates the stun but not the damage.

Fan the Flames: "Would you like this regular, or extra crispy?"
• [roll2] for a Ranged Touch Attack to Hit
• If it hits, it deals [roll3] Fire Damage

Wow, excuse me if everything is horribly illegal. I have no idea how action points work... well more like I have a vague idea, but not enough to use them well.

Blue_C.
2008-03-01, 10:28 AM
Mi'lassk

As Jathrax moves, the Half-Orc is not idle. He rubs both hands together quickly, whispering what is half crackling clicks of his tongue. He moves his hands apart, and his left has filled with flames.

He steps forward to where he can see the hobgoblins he knows are inside, and hurls the flames in his hand at the nearest.

"Such a waste," he mutters.

Surprise Round: Produce Flame
Rd1 Move to L6
Attack H3 (1d20+1)[20] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4007595&postcount=69) (1d6+5)[8] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4007598&postcount=70)

Randel
2008-03-02, 12:20 AM
Dalton

Dalton moves into position and fires a crossbow bolt into a hobgoblin if he can, if feasible he tries to hit a hobgoblin that wasn't already attacked.

Attack:(1d20+7)[18]
Damage:(1d8+1)[2]
Bonus damage:(2d6)[9] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4010689#post4010689)

Randel
2008-03-02, 11:39 AM
Daltons messenger took a look into the stables through the hole in the wall and reported back to Maor and Huukec on the enemy positions just before they arrived. It now sits near the two, allowing communication between the groups.

Powerfamiliar
2008-03-13, 04:20 AM
Maor: NPCed

Maor moves to the room's door and opens it, giving Huukec a clear line to the goblins inside.

New Map:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/KeepSurprise-2.jpg
((brown circles are worgs, green ones are goblins.))

Surprise round so far:

Jathrax moves into position, ready to attack and retreat.
Mi'lassk produced flame.
Huukec held his action until Maor acted.
Dalton moved into firing position.

Initiative:

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Huukec
Dalton
Bad Guys
Maor
Talorian

((Huukec and Talorian should now post their surprise round actions, they won't act in round one until after the enemies go (Huukec had to delay until Maor acted).))

Edit: slight change to the map.

kpenguin
2008-03-15, 11:43 PM
Huukec

Huukec burst into the stable, moves to N17 and looses a color spray at the surprised goblins.

"Enjoy your lights show"

Seeing one of the goblins still unfazed by his magical assault, Huukec dives back outside.

"All yours, shifter."

Powerfamiliar
2008-03-16, 08:41 PM
DM

Surprise Round (recap)

Jathrax: Moves near the entrance to the room, and prepares to attack the ogre.

Mi'lassk: Cast produce flame.

Huukec: Moves to be able to cast Color spray.

Dalton: Moves into shooting position.

Maor ((NPCed)): Moves and opens the stable's door.

Talorian ((NPCed)): Moves near Dalton.

Round 1

Jathrax: Flames flash as you swing your blade and move to engulf the ogre. At the same time strands of shadows wrap themselves around the ogre. He is able to break free, but seems very injured, burned and angry.

Mi'lassk: You move towards the opening and hurl flames at the closest hobgoblin. The small ball of fire catches an unprotected spot, and he cries in pain as his flesh burns.

Dalton: You look for an unengaged target and fire a bolt towards H2. The bolt does little more than a scratch, but thanks to the crossbow's enchantment the small wound begins to bleed and hurt well beyond what it naturally should.

Huukec: The closest goblin drops his cards, aces and eights, on the table as he hears the door open. He turns to look just as you release a blast of colors towards his face. He is blinded and knocked back by your spell. The other goblin manages to avert his eyes, and seems unaffected by the spell.

Enemies:

The Ogre catches his breath after almost choking on shadows and orders the hobgoblin next to him, who is dressed in leather and appeared to be cooking, "Sound the alarm." He then turns to the rest, who are wearing heavy metal armor, "And what are you maggots waiting for? Go kill them!"

H2: The hobgoblin grabs a stick and begins clanging on pots and whatever he thinks will make a sound while yelling: "Intruders, Intruders!!"

All three of the remaining hobgoblins lunge forward, drawing longswords as they move, and holding them two handed. They seems careless as they charge, as if they are equally concerned about closing in with the party as with getting far from the ogre. Mi'lassk is able to take a swing at H1 as he moves through, but misses.

H1 and H4 takes swings at Talorian. One is barely able to hold on to his sword as he misses, the second on strikes trues and deals [9] damage.

H3 tries his luck at attacking Dalton, and manages to hurt the human, also for [9] damage.

The ogre also moves forward and takes a mighty swing with his morningstar intended to crush Mi'lassk, but Mi'lassk is able to barely deflect it with his shield. ((That was 2d6+17 damage if hit, missed by one :smalltongue: ))

The worgs wake up and move towards the door. The still aware goblin draws his scimitar and moves toward his mount, and also begins yelling: "Intruders, Intruders!!"

Maor ((NPCed)): Maor takes a step into the room, and the shoots the now mounted goblin got [16] damage.

Talorian ((NPCed)): Talorian attacks H4 with both rapier and dagger, while trying to stay in a defensive stance. He scores a hit with his rapier dealing [10] damage.

Map:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/KeepRound1.jpg

Initiative:

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Huukec
Dalton
Bad Guys
Maor
Talorian

Jathrax's turn.

Blue_C.
2008-03-18, 02:45 PM
OOC: Huzzah! My turn again.

Mi'lassk

The druid strikes the Hobgoblin besides him, hoping to clear the area of a few dangers.

He also draws his sickle, in case any other hobgoblins try to move past him.

[roll0] Melee touch attack flames
[roll1] Damage
Move action to draw sickle.

Neftren
2008-03-18, 05:42 PM
OOC: Oddly enough, it wasn't refreshing my threads for some reason.

Jathrax

Jathrax steps back and kneels down to meditate.

Five Foot Step one down, and spend the full round action to recover maneuvers.

Randel
2008-03-19, 01:46 AM
Dalton

Dalton leans to the left a little and fires off the Spell Stored Color Spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) in his glove. Aiming to hit the goblin and ogre while avoiding team mates. (DC 15 I think)

Then he reloads his crossbow.

(If he can't fire the color spray without hitting team mates then he reloads and fires his crossbow at the goblin in front of him.)

Random NPC
2008-03-24, 01:07 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor draws another arrow and shoots at the mounted Goblin. He aims to a vital point in the neck and as soon as he releases the arrow he gets out of the room and closes the door.

"Goblin! Get away from the door!"

That should kill the mounted Goblin. The Worgs would more than likely pour all of their anger on that disable piece of trash. He thinks.

Either way, he expects the Worgs to maybe jump out of that door.

HOLY CRAP

Sorry about that

Won't happen again!

OK:

Five foot step to get out of the room.

Move Action to close the door

Standard action to attack G2

Attack Roll: (1d20+12)[17] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4095795&postcount=72) + (1d6)[4] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4095864&postcount=74) Action point used here = 21

Damage roll: (1d8+7)[11] + bonus damage (2d6)[8] + Acid damage (1d6)[5] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4095803&postcount=73) = 24 damage!

EDIT: Crap.. I'm after the baddies

If they close to me, I use 5 foot step to jump back, attack and then close the door.

Powerfamiliar
2008-03-24, 06:03 PM
Round 2

Jathrax: You meditate and regain maneuvers.

You didn't specify which maneuver you are recovering.

Mi'lassk: You move your flaming hand towards H3, and manage to grab his arm, searing his flesh. You then take a step back to avoid Dalton's color spray.

Dalton: You release a blast of color from you glove, it affects both hobgoblins to the north as well as the ogre. The ogre seems to shake it off, but both hobgoblins seem stunned by the blast.

Huukec: You ready an action.

Enemies:

H4, H1, and G1 shake off their stun effect, but are still blind.

H3 appears to swing at Dalton, but it is a very awkward swing and requires no effort to avoid.

H2 moves out of view.

The ogre swings his morningstar twice at the half-orc connecting once for [15] damage. he then thrusts his shield at Talorian dealing [8] damage.

Both worgs and the goblin rider move to attack Maor. One worg misses while the other grabs Maor by the ankles and tears away a chunk of flesh, it is unable to trip the shifter but deals [12] damage ((Crit)). The goblin takes advantage and slices Maor for [3] damage.

Mi'lassk:

You hear some noise coming from the back of the room, near the tower, as well as some movement on the roof of the building behind you.

Maor: You step back and fire an arrow at the goblin. It skewer him right through the neck. He drops his scimitar to try and stop the bleeding, but succumbs to the wound. You then close the door, trapping the worgs inside with the blind goblin.

Talorian: Angered by the shield slash.. and with two disables hobgoblins in front of him, Talorian goes around them and head for the ogre. He aims for the ogre's hamstring. The rapier pierces through the tough flesh, causing the ogre to stagger and finally fall. ((Crit)) ((I'm surprised no one tried to attack the ogre this round, Jathrax almost one shot him))

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/KeepRound2.jpg

Initiative:

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Huukec
Dalton
Bad Guys
Maor
Talorian

Jathrax's turn.

Randel
2008-03-25, 09:39 PM
Dalton

Dalton aims his crossbow at the goblin at H3, fires, and then reloads.

Attack:(1d20+7)[10]
Damage:(1d8+1)[3]
Bonus damage:(2d6)[8] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4104415#post4104415)

Blue_C.
2008-03-28, 02:49 AM
Mi'lassk

"Let's get a move on. Another coming down that tower, I think, as well as one on the roof," the half-orc states, moving past the blinded hobgoblins to Talorian's side. "Breathe deep, live well," he intones as magic flows from his (non-flaming) hand into the Half-elf's body.

Cast Cure Moderate-[roll0]

Neftren
2008-03-29, 09:40 AM
Jathrax

Jathrax hurls a flaming ball towards the ogre.

Suddenly, time seems to slow, reverse and return to real time. The only difference is that the flaming ball is now flying towards the nearest goblin.

Using Fan the Flames on the Ogre. I believe I have LoE unless that rock blocks it? Not sure.

Fan the Flames: "Would you like this regular, or extra crispy?"
• [roll0] for a Ranged Touch Attack to Hit
• If it hits, it deals [roll1] Fire Damage

Powerfamiliar
2008-03-30, 02:45 PM
Round 2

Jathrax: Flames once again flow through your blade towards the hobgoblin, engulfing him and burning him to a crisp.

Mi'lassk: You move past the incapacitated hobgoblins and heal your human companion.

Dalton: You aim at one of the incapacitated enemies, but your bolt misses it's target.

Huukec: You still wait for the a figure resembling Koth to appear.

Enemies:

H4 and H1 swing wildly at both Talorian and Mi'lassk. H4 manages to score a lucky hit on talorian, dealing [4] damage.

from inside the room you hear a thud at the door, as well as some screams.

Dalton:

You see a figure walk into the room from the tower. he looks like this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rhod_gallery/95652.jpg
((There are some artistic liberties here, he doesn't actually have a shield or armor.))

He pulls out a small bell, and focuses on it while chanting. You recognize this as the great Thunderclap spell.

A great thunder goes off in the middle of the party and the remaining hobgoblins. The earth begins to rumble and air rushes out of the area.

Dalton: You are deafened (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#deafened) by the great sound, but manage to stay on your feet and maintain your balance. You are deafened for 1 minute.

Mi'lassk: You are annoyed, but unaffected by the thunder. ((Made 3 saves in a row!))

Jathrax: The great thunder catches you unaware. You are knocked back, deafened by the noise, and stunned. You are prone (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#Prone), stunned (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#stunned) for 1 round, and deafened (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#deafened) for a minute. ((You failed all three saves!))

Talorian: Is knocked prone and deafened.

Both hobgoblins are knocked prone.

A creature becomes visible in the roof of the building behind you. It looks something like this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rhod_gallery/95651.jpg

It shakes it's tail and firs a volley of spikes towards the party. One spike hits Talorian for [6] damage. A second one hits Mi'lassk for [3] damage.

Talorian: Spends his action standing up.

Map:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/KeepRound3.jpg

The manticore is on the roof of the building, about 15 feet high. The squiggly lines are the area of effect of the thunder.

Initiative:

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Huukec
Dalton
Bad Guys
Maor
Talorian

Maor's turn.

Random NPC
2008-03-30, 11:19 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Seeing how the enemy appears Maor's concentration focuses on the Manticore. He moves as quickly as possible, positioning himself between some boulders in order to gain some advantage.

He readies his bow and draws the arrow. Both eyes are open and on the target. Everything seem to disappear around him. Only the manticore and him stand. His blood starts to boil and his body starts to shift.

An arrow flies straight to the manticore's chest, with all of the fury of the shifter, dripping acid as it travels slowly. Maor knows for sure there is no escape for that.

Shifted

HP:28/46 (+5 more since I increased my Con by 2)
AC:20

Moved to K14

Standar Action used to attack the MANTICORE
Attack Roll: (1d20+12)[32] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4126699&postcount=76) 32-2 = 30
Critical Confirmation: (1d20+12)[28] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4126706&postcount=77) + Action point (1d6)[5] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4126772&postcount=79) = 33 - 2 attack.... I just want to make sure I hit him

Damage: (1d8+7)[14] + (1d8+7)[15] + (1d8+7)[8] + bonus damage (2d6)[5] + acid damage (1d6)[1] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4126718&postcount=78) for a whooping total of 32 damage!

Pardon my stupidity... I am substracting now 2 points from the attack roll, critical and the bow's damage. Manticore are not goblinoid

Randel
2008-04-03, 10:44 PM
Dalton

Dalton yells, "I see the bugbear guy over this way!" and fires his crossbow at the figure. Then, noticing the manticore, he quickly moves to L11 away from the enemy-filled area.

Attack:(1d20+7)[8]
Damage:(1d8+1)[9]
Bonus damage:(2d6)[4] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4145718#post4145718)

Neftren
2008-04-04, 07:29 AM
Jathrax

With ringing in his ears and blinding stars circling his eyes, Jathrax slumps to the ground.

Blue_C.
2008-04-04, 06:33 PM
Mi'lassk

"My duty is clear," the druid whispers.

He throws himself forward, only to catch himself on four rat legs and scurries toward the Bugbear. While he spares a prayer for his wounded (some grievously) comrades, Mi'lassk has decided that his first priority is to make sure that the Bugbear does not cast a spell again.

"Raaar!" he shrieks, as he closes.

Shift, move, chomp.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

kpenguin
2008-04-05, 02:04 PM
Huukec

Hearing Dalton's yell, Huukec considers sending a fireball toward where he presumed the bubear was. However, catching his companions in a blast of flame was not part of the plan, so he decided against it.

Instead, he pulls out Dalton's eternal wand and sends a magic missile hurtling toward the manticore on the roof.

[roll0]

Powerfamiliar
2008-04-05, 10:40 PM
Round 4

Maor: Luck is on your side, you take aim at the mighty beast, finding a soft spot in it's chest and hitting it with uncanny accuracy. The beast cries in pain and anger.

Jathrax: You shake off the thunderclap, and are ready to act again.

Mi'lassk: You move into contact with the bugbear, but he easily deflects your attack.

Dalton: The thunder seems to have affected your aim, you bolt flies past it's intended target, hitting the far wall of the room.

Huukec: A trusty bolt of force appears and strikes the already annoyed manticore.

Enemies:

H1 regains his vision and gets a very good swings at Talorian, thrusting him for [10] damage. H4 also tries his luck, but blindness is hard to overcome.

The manticore goes after those who just hurt him, firing 3 spikes at both Huukec and Maor. Both get his twice. Maor takes [12] damage, Huukec [11].

H2 sees the large rate enter and leaves the room, using the north door.

The bugbear is annoyed someone escaped his blast. "How fitting, they send rats after me." He then takes a step back and a line of fire materializes in his finger and strikes Mi'lassk, searing his flesh, dealing [11] damage.

Talorian: Withdraws towards the bulk of the party.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/KeepRound4-1.jpg

Initiative:

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Huukec
Dalton
Bad Guys
Maor
Talorian

Maor's turn.

Random NPC
2008-04-06, 12:37 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor changes his concentration on the Hobgoblin that just appeared. Maor quickly moves south and shoots at the Hobgoblin, hoping to get a kill.

Maor now finds himself resting on a wall close to the door where the Bugbear seems to be. He seems to be weak and hiding from the Manticore. One more hit like that and Maor might die.

Moved to I12

Attacked H2
Attack: (1d20+12)[21] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4154684&postcount=81)
Damage: (1d8+7)[14] + bonus damage (2d6)[6] + acid damage (1d6)[2] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4154693&postcount=82) = 22

I assume H2 left the door on the north open, or is it closed?

kpenguin
2008-04-06, 02:03 AM
Huukec

Huukec thinks about making a comment about the retreating shifter, but, considering his wounds are far graver and he should retreat as well, decides against it. After all, he and the ranger, despite their differences, were of like mind here: discrestion is the better part of valor.

Looking toward the manticore, Huukec sends a bead of flame toward the space directly behind it on the roof before following Maor.

OOC: Fireball to the intersection between squares M6, M7, N6, N7.
[roll0]

Neftren
2008-04-06, 07:15 AM
Jathrax

Jathrax dashes to engage Koth.

Double moving to F8 and avoiding the Fireball somehow along the way, except oh wait, it hasn't been cast yet. Whatever. Okay.

Randel
2008-04-06, 03:11 PM
Dalton

Seeing the others move to engage the bugbear, Dalton quickly reloads his crossbow while mentally commanding his messenger to distract the manticore.

"Go, fly up there and gouge that things eyes out." he intones, sending the tiny construct on what what would most certainly be its final mission. If it is destroyed by either the beasts attacks or another spell from an ally, it will explode and deal at least a little damage to the thing.

Dalton fires a bolt at the manticore and takes a 5-foot step west to give the others a clearer shot at the beast.

(this assumes commanding the messenger is a swift or free action)

Messengers HP= 2, Messengers AC= 17

Messengers attack (sting):(1d20+7)[17]
Messengers damage (sting):(1d2)[1]

Messengers explosion damage (if destroyed):(1d6)[4]

Daltons attack: (1d20+5)[22]
damage:(1d8+1)[5] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4156877&posted=1#post4156877)

Powerfamiliar
2008-04-13, 10:46 AM
Round 5

Maor: The hobgoblin is caught unaware and your arrow catches him in the back, he screams in pain and falls.

Jathrax: Swiftly you make your way to the bugbear caster.

Mi'lassk ((NPCed)): Mi'lassk retreats back to the outer wall and casts a healing spell on himself.

Cure Light for 12

Dalton: Your bolt strikes the angry Manticore, making him take notice and aim his spiked tail wickedly at you. Your messenger also manages to hurt it with his sting, but the beast barely notices.

Huukec: A small bead flies from your palm and heads forward. It takes a second then detonates in a huge fiery explosion. The blind hobgoblin is snuffed out of existence, while his now sighted companion still stands. Atop the building a badly burnt manticore screams in anger and pain.

Before the manticore can regain is bearings the small mechanical messenger bursts. Deadly shrapnel catches the manticore in the face, and the now unconscious beast tumbles off the side of the building.

Enemies:

The bugbear takes a step towards the tower ((5 ft)), and fires another ray, this time dark and foul looking, towards the elf. It strikes Jathrax weakening him. ((Ray en enfeeblement, Penalty = -6 STR))

"I think I preferred the rat. No matter I shall slay you just the same"

H1 having survived the fireball, decides not to push his luck and retreats.

Talorian: With the way clear, Talorian approaches the bugbear room, and throws a dagger at the bugbear, but misses.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Round5.jpg

Initiative:

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Huukec
Dalton
Bad Guys
Maor
Talorian

Maor's turn.

Randel
2008-04-13, 12:38 PM
Dalton

Seeing his messenger's tiny detonation provide the proverbial 'straw that broke the manticors back' Dalton quickly moves to I13 and uses a charge from his healing belt to heal Maor. There is one charge left in the belt for the day.

"Here, let me help you with that." he says

healing belt: (2d8)[10] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4186426#post4186426) heals 10 damage.

"What say we open this door and plug a few bolts into that bugbear, eh? Or do you need some more healing?"

Random NPC
2008-04-13, 06:02 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor nods at Dalton in acknowledgment for the healing and says. "Alright, Human. Let's kill that Bugbear."

He moves and enters the room where the Bugbear is in and positions himself in a strategical position. Maor draws an arrow, coated with acid and releases it upon the bugbear.

Move Action to I8
Standard Action
Attack Roll - (1d20+12)[27] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4187950&postcount=87)
Damage Roll - (1d8+7)[9] + Bonus Damage - (2d6)[3] + Acid Damage - (1d6)[4] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4187963&postcount=88) = to 16 damage!

kpenguin
2008-04-15, 02:27 AM
Huukec

Having expended most of his spells for the day as well as the eternal wand Dalton gave him, a sorely wounded Huukec decides not to push his luck and tackle the bugbear with his companions.

Instead, he pulls out his wand of color spray and waits at the stable door's entrance, preparing to use it if the worgs break out.

OOC: Ready action to use the wand to cast color spray on any worgs that attempt to break through the door and leave.

Neftren
2008-04-15, 11:01 AM
Jathrax

Drat. Ability Damage. Okay, second tactic.

Suddenly feeling very weak, Jathrax kneels down and meditates again.

Getting Fan the Flames back yet again. Lets go get ourselves some fried Bugbear.

Blue_C.
2008-04-18, 11:48 AM
Mi'lassk

Driven back to the wall, Mi'lassk takes out the wand they'd received after the Marauder attack. His eyes scan across his party members, and he moves cautiously back into the room.

Move forward to K5.
Expend one charge cure light wounds, but hold charge in his hand.
I'll go back over it, but I'm pretty sure last round was my last healing spell.

Powerfamiliar
2008-04-19, 03:17 PM
Round 5

Maor: The bugbear seemed very content with himself from weakening Jathrax, but a well placed arrow wipes the grin off his face.

Jathrax: You regain your maneuver.

Mi'lassk: You are back in the room.

Dalton: The healing goes off, Maor seems healthy enough again.

Huukec: You hear a loud bang againts the door, but the sturdy wooden door seems to hold.

Enemies:

"More of you?"

The bugbear fires a quick electricity ray towards the half-elf and then retreats back into the tower ((The door is still open)). Talorian takes [16] damage.

H1 keeps running into the forest and out of sight.

Talorian: The half elf breathes his last breath. ((Goes to -10))

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Round6-1.jpg

Initiative:

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Huukec
Dalton
Bad Guys
Maor
Talorian

Maor's turn.

kpenguin
2008-04-19, 07:37 PM
Huukec

Huukec holds his readied action.

Randel
2008-04-21, 09:51 PM
Dalton

Seeing Talorian fall to the bugbears spell, Dalton gets a nasty feeling in his stomach.

"I think I'll stay back here and help Huukec, okay?" Dalton yells, perhaps a little too loud being still deafened. In the back of his mind, he wonders if he should be with the others going after the bugbear, but the wounded wizard would be in trouble if any enemies got through to him.

Yeah... that's the ticket.

Dalton moves to M15 and reloads his crossbow (unfortunately just out of reach of Huukec to heal him with the belt).

Random NPC
2008-04-21, 10:15 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor rushes inside and follows the bugbear, positioning himself in a way not to obstruct Jathrax. He readies his bow and releases it with fury and anger. "Die!" The Shifter says as the acid coated arrow flies through, straight to the chest of the bugbear.

Moved to D5

Attack Roll - (1d20+12)[28] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4226032&postcount=89)
Damage Roll - (1d8+7)[8] + Bonus Damage - (2d6)[4] + Acid Damage - (1d6)[6] = 18 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4226041&postcount=90)

Neftren
2008-04-22, 07:48 AM
Jathrax

Jathrax hurls another ball of flame before advancing upon Koth.

[roll0] to hit with Fan the Flames
[roll1] for Fire Damage if it hits.

I'll then advance to D4 without obstructing Maor.

Blue_C.
2008-04-24, 10:16 AM
Mi'lassk

Unlike many of his kin, Mi'lassk was not given to violent emotions. He could feel, yes, but it seldom showed beneath his tight-lipped reserve.

However, seeing the half-elf fall had him cursing a blue streak in three languages, much of the druidic not being biologically applicable towards the bugbear. Pulling the magic of healing spell back into his body he finally screams.

To avoid more deaths though, he first runs to the wizard and the artificer. They're the weakest, he realizes, and he must tend to them before the others.

Expends the held charge "cure light wounds" on himself [roll0]
Moves to Huukec's position, in order to heal him next turn.

Powerfamiliar
2008-04-24, 11:13 PM
Round 6[/B]

Maor: Another arrow strikes the bugbear, a smoldering wound forming in his leg.

Jathrax: Koth tries to move out of the way of the flames unsuccessfully, he is now a very singed bugbear.

Mi'lassk: You fell quite healthy.

Dalton: Your crossbow is ready for action.

Huukec: You still wait anyone to come out the door.

Enemies:

"Let's see how you like it"

As the desert wind flames subside a ray of fire flies towards Jathrax,heating his armor and causing many burns. Jathrax takes[17] fire damage. The bugbear then retreats back up the stairs, giving Jathrax an opening, but the blade scholar fails to do anything productive.

Crrrk Crshhhh!, the door next to Huukec first cracks and finally falls as 2 angry looking worgs try to come out. Instantly a cone of color flies their way, knocking them back into the room.

Talorian: Still dead.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Round7.jpg

Initiative:

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Huukec
Dalton
Bad Guys
Maor
Talorian

Maor's turn.

Random NPC
2008-04-26, 02:10 PM
Maor Moonclaw

It is clear by now that this is no longer a fight. "Watch your breath. Breathe slowly. Move fast. Fire fast. You are the hunter. He's just a beast flailing around hoping to survive. You are the hunter." Maor recites on his mind as if he was saying a mantra. He is a a hunter, driving his prey to a corner.

Maor moves upstairs and draws another arrow. The Shifter now concentrates on the heart of the bugbear and shoots the arrow straight to it. He wants to silence it as quickly as possible.

Alright then.

Move action to the top of the stairs and in position to fire the bugbear.

Standard action to attack the Bugbear

Attack Roll - (1d20+12)[32] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4249449&postcount=91)
Critical Confirmation - (1d20+12)[26] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4249455&postcount=92) + Action Point Roll - (1d6)[6] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4249472&postcount=93) = 32
Damage Critical Roll - (3d8+21)[28] + Bonus Damage - (2d6)[11] + Acid Damage - (1d6)[6] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4249494&postcount=94) = 45 damage!!!

That should kill the Bugbear :smallbiggrin:

Blue_C.
2008-04-29, 07:03 AM
OOC: Yep, out of cures.

Mi'lassk

"Artificer!" the half orc calls, dropping the wand in his hand to the floor. He hopes that the artificer will realize his intention, but doesn't slow down. As he moves, he reaches for his second to last scroll of healing and makes his way to Jathrax.

Prayer and poetry have deserted him.

"Live damn it!"

Cure Moderate (2d8+5)[9] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4259310&postcount=95)

Randel
2008-04-30, 11:35 PM
Dalton

"What's that?" the artificer asks as he moves over to N16 and uses the last charge of his belt to heal Huukec with.

healing belt: (2d8)[7] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4267643#post4267643)

He stays in the doorway, hoping to protect the wizard as much as he can from any enemies that might still be conscious.

"I really should make a few more of these belts." he says to no one in particular.

Neftren
2008-05-01, 05:12 AM
Jathrax

Intending to incinerate Koth once and for all, Jathrax kneels down and meditates yet again, hoping to turn the bugbear into crispy fried hot dog.

Recovering Fan the Flames. Sorry about not posting much. Schoolwork overload.

kpenguin
2008-05-23, 08:03 PM
Huukec

Huukec nods to Dalton in thanks and waves his hand at the stunned worgs.

"All I've got is my staff and a few shoddy cantrips. Care to do the honors?"