PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doom: Team 2 (IC)



Pages : [1] 2

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-18, 12:52 PM
A few days ago you received a letter from a trusted friend Norro Winston, a member of House Deneith, asking for help, and of course offering good coin, in a small town just across the Darguun border. You take the rail as far as it will take you and then march on towards Drellinís Ferry. It takes a few uneventful days, but finally the town is within sight, just a few miles away.


Need Marching order.

Random NPC
2007-12-18, 06:45 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor had spend most of the trip quiet and barely saying anything. The imposing figure and the predatory feeling of the Shifter may give a sense of uneasiness when traveling with him. His general attitude seem professional for a mercenary. His job, among others, was to provide some security and scout for any dangers. He was always alert.

He always carried a small ocarina tied to a hemp string on his neck. Maor usually keeps it as a charm, but he enjoys playing softly on top of a tree after having dinner, it would almost look like a ritual and he normally takes it like that too.

For a quiet and stoic Shifter, he seemed relax when concerned to his personal space. Deep inside, however, Maor was the one who was feeling uneasy. They were traveling deep into Goblin territory. Not only that, he was traveling alongside a Goblin.

"We are approaching our destination." He says loud to the group, being the first on the line.

He never stop being vigilant on his surroundings, always keeping sharp senses on every direction.



This ain't important, I guess...

But just in case

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

kpenguin
2007-12-18, 07:28 PM
OOC: Are we across the border yet?

Huukec

Huukec trudges along, using his quarterstaff as a walking stick. His head swivels around, taking some scenery. His mouth is curved into a rare smile. After some time abroad, his travels have finally taken him back into Darguun.

Mavian
2007-12-18, 07:40 PM
"Are we there yet?"

Trudging along behind the rest of the group, Talorian grumbles to whoever will listen.

"I didn't sign up for this much bloody walking, why didn't anyone tell me we'd have to walk so far. I haven't seen a bar for miles."

Neftren
2007-12-18, 08:15 PM
Jathrax Winterknight

Jathrax strolls along, wondering what the town would hold in store for them. Musing about his past, he recalled a moment, just like this... a quiet peaceful day until it had been interrupted. In this strange place of wonders, perhaps it would be different. If he could survive the nine traps of the temple... he could survive the rest.

Comforted with this knowledge, he ambles along.

Blue_C.
2007-12-19, 12:10 AM
"Are we there yet?"

Trudging along behind the rest of the group, Talorian grumbles to whoever will listen.

"I didn't sign up for this much bloody walking, why didn't anyone tell me we'd have to walk so far. I haven't seen a bar for miles."

Mi'laask, the Gatekeeper

"We should be so lucky, if that's the worst you'll suffer over this contract," the half-orc muttered, though loud enough the entire line can hear. "Nonetheless, your suffering appears at an end."

Mi'laask is enjoying his walk. While not possessed of the fervor of, say, an Ashbound, he does enjoy the moments between towns more than those within. But he figures that's his upbringing more than his religion; Mi'laask was born a swamp rat at heart. But there are other considerations, too. "A stall for you soon, I promise," he tells his mule, who had been throwing him looks that, in an even slightly more imaginative animal, he'd have sworn were withering.

Randel
2007-12-19, 12:11 AM
Dalton

Marching along with the others, Dalton makes sure to keep his eyes open as they move. From experience, he's learned that accidents can happen if you don't pay attention, either in the workshop or in the field.

"Hey, I see a town up ahead. I guess you'll be able to get a drink pretty soon, eh?" He says to Talorian, jokingly. "Though to be honest, I think it nice to avoid taverns when you can, all sorts of trouble starts there."

He reaches into one of the side pockets of his haversack and pulls out a metal mug, a few small Eberron gems line the base of it.

"Tnip a tsuj" he whispers and the mug fills itself with watery ale.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-19, 12:20 AM
DM

The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. Scouting ahead Maor notices that this would be a good place for an ambush, an with further inspection you notice a few armored humanoids lurking in the woods.

The party gets a surprise round.

initiative after surprise:
Maor
Tolarian
Huukec
Baddies
Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Dalton

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-1.jpg

Bright Green = Hell Hound
Big purple dot = ze mule

kpenguin
2007-12-19, 12:34 AM
OOC: We have a mule? :smallconfused:

IC: Huukec

"WHO GOES THERE?!"


Making some complex motions with his right hand and chating some incantations, Huukec concentrates and draws forth some ground mica. The crystals dissapear from his hand a cloud of glittery dust appears in the area around two of the humanoids (ooc: dots five and six).

OOC: I'm casting glitterdust, DC 17.

Mavian
2007-12-19, 01:22 AM
"You dare to interrupt the journey of Talorian DeMarquis??? Have you fools no sense?"

Striding forward past his allies, he draws his rapier and dagger. Turning slowly until he spots one of the offending humanoids, he grins and points with his rapier. "You shall be the first to die on my blade this day"



Nonfluff stuff
Since it looks like I'm standing on the bank, I'm hoping I can move diagonally along it to bypass the rest of the party.
Move Action: Move to C18 drawing my weapons a free action during a move
Standard Action: Daunting Presence on Red Circle #1. DC 15 will save or be shaken for 10 minutes.

Random NPC
2007-12-19, 03:41 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Drawing his bow and an arrow from his quiver, Maor moves quickly alongside Mi'lassk and prepares to take a shot. He thinks quickly a way to take cover in order to avoid the melee.

"It's an ambush!" He yells to alert the others.

He prepares to shot, aiming for a kill.


AC: 20
HP: 41

Moved to A 19 in order to avoid any direct charges.


Attack roll: [roll0]
Critical confirmation: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] plus Sniper Shot [roll3]

Add 4 to damage if the humanoid is a goblinoid. Add 2 if it's an evil outsider.


EDIT: It was target No. 4, he was shooting at



It's a surprise attack, so I only used a move action.

Blue_C.
2007-12-19, 01:16 PM
Mi'laask

"Stay here, and defend yourself," Mi'laask orders his mule. In one smooth movement, he takes out his sling, loads it, and fires at the armored creature to his right.

But without even stopping to see if his attack struck, he lets out a sibilant hiss that starts high but ends somewhere towards the party's feet, where it becomes a high pitched squeak.

His rat eyes are red, and there is a bit of saliva dripping from his jaws.



Move action: load sling.
Standard Action: Fire sling. Attack [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Move Action: Handle Mule to "stay."
Swift action: Shapechange to predator form

Mule: As it has not been handled, it will only defend itself if attacked, but otherwise will take no actions. Edit: It will stay in its spot, and defend itself if attacked.

Randel
2007-12-19, 10:36 PM
Dalton

Dalton quickly gets out his crossbow and looks at the attackers, trying to see what race they might be. "Who are they?"

Spot:[roll0]

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-19, 10:42 PM
Dalton:

It's not clear to you at the moment, but it's clear they are not humans.

Neftren
2007-12-19, 10:45 PM
Jathrax - Surprise Round

Jathrax thought to himself how he ever got into this mess into the first place. Then his mind shifted to the battle ahead, and he prepared himself for the inevitable slaughter of the enemy. Years of rough living had taught him that you either live, or you die horribly. He was not one to choose the latter.

Drawing his Scimitar shaped sword and his other Shortsword, he prepares for combat.

Jathrax will use his Fan the Flames ability to perform a ranged touch attack of [roll0] against the red dot labeled 1, for [roll1] Fire damage.

Jathrax will draw his Longsword, which is currently shaped as a Scimitar, and his Shortsword. I thought Unarmed Strike was on the weapon list for Desert Wind... I guess not.

He'll also attempt a spot check to identify the enemy. See OOC Thread

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-19, 11:34 PM
DM

A glittery blast occurs near #5 and #6, leaving both reeling in pain.

First Round:

initiative after surprise:
Maor
Tolarian
Huukec
Baddies
Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Dalton

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-3.jpg

Maor's turn.


The attackers are hobgoblins It'll be clear as soon as they act, so I'm posting now.

Mavian
2007-12-19, 11:57 PM
Grinning at Hobgoblin#1, Talorian is going to shrug.

"Sorry mate, more pressing matters have come up. It looks like you got lucky this time."

He then moves swiftly to the east, before shifting into a dueling stance and lashing out with his Rapier at Hobgoblin#4.

"You on the other hand, are not so lucky my friend"


Move Action: C18 to I18
Standard Action: Attack with Rapier, using Combat Expertise to shift 5 points to AC
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Stats:
HP: 30
AC: 24 Touch: 19 Flat: 21
Position: I18

Random NPC
2007-12-20, 12:44 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Seeing as the Hobgoblin he was about to shot was being attacked by Talorian, he moves towards the Hobgoblins and aims at Hobgoblin #3. He prepares and shoots.

After that he points at Hobgoblin #1 and Hobgoblin #2. "Someone try to keep those two off my back! The others on the other side are busy with the magic!"



HP 41
AC 20

Move Action: moved to A 17

Standard Action
Attack Roll [roll0]
Critical confirmation [roll1]
Damage [roll2] + Sniper shot damage (damages Flat footed or targets engaged in melee combat) [roll3]

kpenguin
2007-12-20, 12:56 AM
Huukec

Huukec's eyes widen a little at the sight of hobgoblins. He then calms himself.

"STOP! We are lawful travelers. You defy the edicts of Lhesh Haruuc, ruler of all Darguun by attacking us!"

Huukec makes a few motions and chants to place a spell of flight upon himself. He then flies up 60 ft.

"Further, these folk are under my protection. Me, Huukec Dekar of Kech Volaar! Challenge me and invite the wrath of Kech Volaar!"

OOC: Lime is Goblin.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-20, 01:29 AM
DM

Maor's arrow flies just over his intended target, provoking some taunts from the hobgoblin as he draws and arrow of his own. "Nice shot!"

Tolarian lunges towards his foe, his attention divided between offense and defense causes his swing to completely miss its target.

Some of them reply to Huukec. "We are the Red Hand, we don't bow to Lhesh Haruuc, or to any Kech Volaar dog"

The hobgoblin engaged with Tolarian drops his bow, draws a longsword and take an unbalanced swing, easily deflected by Tolarian.

The remaining enemies hold their ground and pepper the group with arrows.
An arrow headed towards Maor finds its mark...on the tree to Maor's left. Another arrow seemed to be intended for Jathrax, but it hits the ground harmlessly a few feet in front of its target. A third arrow is fired high towards the flying goblin, but this one falls well short, falling back harmlessly.


rolled a 3, 4 and 7 :smallfurious:


The 2 blind enemies drop their bows, draw their swords and stagger swinging wildly.

The hound hustles towards the party, and a second hound becomes visible coming from the path just ahead.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-4.jpg

initiative:
Maor
Tolarian
Huukec
Baddies
Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Dalton

Jathrax's turn.

Blue_C.
2007-12-20, 01:48 AM
OOC: Take two

Mi'lassk

While seeing the hounds come forward gives the druid a slight pause, he decides they are too far from him for the moment. Instead, he heads straight for the closest Hobgoblin. Spittle flying from his jaws, he tries to take a bite out of the enemy's tender flesh.


Targeting hobgoblin 1, Mi'lassk has +4 dodge bonus against attacks of opportunity.

Bite: [roll0], [roll1]

Neftren
2007-12-20, 08:38 AM
Jathrax - Round 1

Jathrax runs around Mi'lassk, headed towards the nearest goblin. A small ball of fire concentrates upon the scimitar. With a hefty swing, he hurls the flaming ball towards the hobgoblin.

Jathrax will move to square B16 and use Fan the Flames (For Real this Time) for a ranged attack roll of [roll0] to deal [roll1] Points of Fire Damage.

Randel
2007-12-20, 07:25 PM
Dalton

Seeing the Hell Hounds, Dalton quickly infuses his crossbow to deal extra damage against the beasts. The hobgoblins should be easier to deal with.

use Personal weapon augmentation, giving my crossbow the Bane: Outsider, Evil property. Use an action point in the process.

6 action points left.

Random NPC
2007-12-20, 09:36 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Having his target well aware of his intentions, Maor decides to switch strategies. He decides to move closer and now aims at one of the hobgoblins that are blinded with the magic.

"I'm going to take out the weak ones. Someone deal with the other Hobgoblins and those beasts."

He aims for Hobgoblin #5 and shoots.



HP: 41
AC 20

Moved to D 15

Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[16]
Damage Roll: (1d8+7)[14] + sniper shot (1d6)[2]

At Hobgoblin #5

Rolls found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3688195&postcount=8) and here
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3688212&postcount=9)

Mavian
2007-12-20, 09:48 PM
Leading first with his rapier, and following up with a low thrust from his dagger, Talorian cautiously launches a two stroke at the hobgoblin before him, keeping his eyes on the lookout for anyone coming towards him.



Full Round Action:
Attack #4 with both weapons shifting 5 points to AC
Rapier: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Dagger: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Stats:
HP: 30
AC: 24 Touch: 19 Flat: 21
Position: I18

kpenguin
2007-12-20, 10:06 PM
Huukec


"Kech Volaar dog?! Perhaps it best I show you my bite then, brigands!"

Huukec flies between hobgoblin #2 and its nearby hobgoblin. drops his altitude to just 15 feet above the ground. He pulls out a pinch of colored power with a few gestures and words, tosses it downward. The powder glows for a bit, then dissapears as a flash of colored light sprays downward from Huukec's outstretched palm, engulfing both of his foes..

OOC: Okay, yes I'm casting Color Spray. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) Basic geometry tells us that the area of the color spray cone that hits the ground should be a circle of 10 ft. radius. So, both the monsters should be hit...

EDIT: Oh, and the DC of the Will save is 16.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-20, 10:41 PM
DM

Jathrax turns the closest hobgoblin into a smoldering corpse.

Mi'lassk charges the next closest hobgoblin causing a nasty bite wound in its leg.

had you attack #4 since #1 was already dead.

Maor takes aim at staggering #5, catching him just under the neck, dropping him.

Tolarian's defensive approach continues to prevent him from landing a successful blow.

Huukec's colorful cone catches both, but only seems to affect the closest, causing him to fall to the ground unconscious.

#4 takes a better swing at Tolarian, but he still manages to parry, while #6 continues to stagger aimlessly.

Both hounds ignore the flying goblin and continue their dash towards the party.

#3 takes aim at the now closer goblin, hitting him for [7] damage

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-10.jpg

initiative:
Maor
Tolarian
Huukec
Baddies
Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Dalton

Jathrax's turn.

EDIT: map had 2 movement mistakes, fixed.

Randel
2007-12-20, 11:04 PM
Dalton

Dalton moves just enough to get a good shot at the hellhound at E14 and fires at it.
"Heads up guys, I'll see if I can take care of these hounds for you."


Attack:[roll0] (including +2 from Bane)
Damage:[roll1]
Bonus damage:[roll2]

Random NPC
2007-12-21, 02:41 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Stupid Goblin, pulling those stunts will get him dead. I can't afford to lose that scum. Maor thinks.

"Jathrax! Get this thing off me! I need to help our Goblin 'friend'." He says to Jathrax as he steps back and aims for the Hobgoblin that attacked Huukec.

I hate this... He thinks as he releases his arrow, aiming for a kill. Even if he was to survive the blow, the Hobgoblin would shift his attention towards Maor.



HP: 41
AC 20

Can't wait for Jathrax too much. :smalltongue: I'm after him and we are close to each other, so I don't think this might affect the turn too much

Used just a standard action to shoot Hobgoblin #3 and took a 5 step move to E 16 to avoid an attack of opportunity.

Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[20] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3689118&postcount=10)
Damage Roll: (1d8+7)[9] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3689124&postcount=11)

Attack was a distracting attack, so Hobgoblin #3 is considered flanked by me.


Something else, Dalton's Crossbow is also considered +3, so the base damage roll now should be

Damage:(1d8+1)[6] +2 = 8

Just so you know :smalltongue:

Neftren
2007-12-21, 08:54 AM
Jathrax - Round 2

Jathrax runs towards the furthest goblin to help Huukec.

Double move to G11.

Blue_C.
2007-12-21, 01:11 PM
Mi'lassk

Sidling along on his rat legs, Mi'lassk attempts to work his way around his opponent, so the goblin is caught between Tolarian and himself. Then with screech he lunges forward again, this time aiming for the throat.


Tries to move to flanking position
Bite [roll0], damage [roll1]

Random NPC
2007-12-21, 02:37 PM
Maor Moonclaw


Oh, for the love of.... Maor thinks to himself. I'm going to kill that elf by shoving that goblin's head down his throat!

"Jathrax! I meant the Red Dog! I meant to take down this Red Dog!" Maor screams with fury.

This is going to hurt. I know it.

Maor prepares himself mentally for the Hell Hound attack.

Mavian
2007-12-21, 02:41 PM
Talorian - Round 3

"Excuse me for a moment won't you, this little puppy is demanding my attention"

Talorian bows slightly to the hobgoblin, before turning to face the Hellhound.

"Who's a good puppy then, are you a good puppy? Do you want a belly scratch?"

Actions:

Full Round Attack on the Hellhound, going full AC again.
Rapier: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Dagger: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Stats:
HP: 30
AC: 24 Touch: 19 Flat: 21
Position: I18

kpenguin
2007-12-21, 05:21 PM
Huukec

Huukec lips curve into a small smirk as he flies over the battle between the hound and the shifter.

"I dare say, Maor, was that sarcasm I heard?"

The goblin pulls out a bit of pork rind and crushes it in his hand, then waves his hands and chants.

A great spread of slippery grease appears below the hell hound.

OOC: I'm casting grease. The 10-ft. square should cover squares E14, E13, F14, and F13.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-21, 06:03 PM
DM

Mi'lassk manages to get a flanking position, but his attempt to attack the hobgoblins throat, almost ends with Mi'lassk impaled in the hobgoblins armor.

Dalton's bolt strikes the hound near its front legs, it yelps as his skins seems to be peeling near the area.

Maor's arrow hits the hobgoblin, who pulls it out of his skin, and roar defiantly.

Tolarian's defensive strikes continues to be easily deflected by his opponent., but so are his opponent counterstrikes. The hound;s attack seem even less effective.

As Huukec begin to fly higher, he spots bad news. 2 hobgoblins are running from the farmhouse towards the battle, one clad in heavy armor (Z), and one wearing robes, and a fancy staff (U). And worse yet, 6 more archers are approaching from the road (about 60 ft off the edge of the map).

Huukec seems effective as the hell hound falls sideways and struggles to get back up.

#3 takes a shot at the approaching Jathrax, hitting him for [5] damage. #6 continues his wild swings.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-11.jpg


initiative:
Maor
Tolarian
Huukec
Baddies
Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Dalton

Neftren
2007-12-21, 06:37 PM
Jathrax
Hitpoints: 21/26, Init: After Baddies, AC: 20, Conditions: Assassin's Stance

I kept forgetting to mention that my default stance is ALWAYS Assassin's Stance unless otherwise noted. I have revised the little statblurb above to reflect conditions.

Grunting from the cut the arrow had inflicted, Jathrax suddenly vanishes from view.

Rolling in advance to determine roleplay thingdings. I'll be using my Cloak of Deception Boost to gain Greater Invisibility as per the spell until the end of my current turn. So I'll attack Goblin #3 with the Scimitar and Shortsword. Nothing fancy. He'll run to the square one north of goblin #3.

Edit: Ooph, disgusting rolls.

Attack Roll Scimitar: [roll0]
Damage Roll Scimitar: [roll1]

Attack Roll Shortsword: [roll2]
Damage Roll Shortsword: [roll3]

Sneak Attack Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]

Never done Two Weapon Fighting before, so are both attacks rolled at highest attack bonus, or is the second rolled at lower attack bonus? I'm assuming the first, since what would all those level two rangers do!

Erm. I seem to be having issues with posting.
FREAKING STUPID ROLLER! Sorry for the weird deletes. I keep getting [rollX] since the thing won't post properly. My internet at home is less than satisfactory.

Randel
2007-12-21, 09:01 PM
Dalton

Seeing the hellhound he hit disabled (and several teammates in the line of fire), he turns his attention to the other one at J17, he reloads his crossbow, takes a 5-foot step to D19 and fires a bolt at the beast.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Bonus damage:[roll2]

Blue_C.
2007-12-21, 09:18 PM
Mi'lassk

More bad guys? The moment Mi'lassk manages to drop the hobgoblin, he's going to use a swift action to shapechange into his normal form.

Recovering from his overbalance, Mi'lassk tries to gnaw on the goblin target. While his eyes are a bit too low to the ground to take note of his allies wounds, he smells the blood on the air, and guesses that it isn't all from their enemies.


Bite [roll0], [roll1]

Random NPC
2007-12-21, 10:52 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Seeing as the situation was about to get even worse than it is, Maor begins to think as fast as he can.

More archers coming, along with some kind of warrior and a wizard of sorts. This could be troublesome. I need to take out that blind Hobgoblin first, it has potential to do damage.

Without thinking twice, Maor grabs an arrow and lets it go on the easy target. "Jathrax! Kill that Hobgoblin! I don't want to hear him speak!" He says to Jathrax, pointing at Hobgoblin #3 and shortly after looks up. "Goblin. Blast everything! Use one of them Fireballs!"

Then he proceeds to move, he ignores the Hell Hound and enters the woods, passes the flaming Hobgoblin. After that he takes cover and hides. Maor's message should be easy to understand now. The Hobgoblin closer to them can see where he is hidden and can alert other enemies of Maor's location



HP: 41
AC: 20


Took a standard action to shoot Hobgoblin #6 while using sniper shot since he's denied his Dexterity bonus to AC because he's blinded.

Then took a move action to move to C 12 and then tried to hide in there

Attack Roll on Hobgoblin #6: (1d20+10)[24] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3693739&postcount=12)
Damage Roll: (1d8+7)[11] + sniper shot damage (1d6)[4] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3693751&postcount=13)

.... 24 attack roll? 15 damage? BOOM! Headshot :smallbiggrin:

Hide check: (1d20+10)[26] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3693761&postcount=14)

I believe that this make me invisible for many of you!

ATTENTION TO THE OTHER PLAYERS

If you post more than one roll per postyou will get more than likely bad results. The best way to do it is to POST THE ROLLS ON THE DICE ROLLING THREAD. Try to do one roll per post so you will get more random results and thus, a higher chance to a better score.

This public message was brought to you by, your Random NPC

Mavian
2007-12-21, 11:07 PM
Nodding to Mi'lassk he smiles at the flanked hobgoblin.

"Now you sir, seem to be in a most unsafe position, might I suggest relocating to a less life threatening location?"

He then launches a Rapier thrust at the Hellhound, while trying to catch the Hobgoblin off guard with a dagger thrust to belly.

Action:

Full Round Action: Still -5 to attacks.
Rapier at Hellhound: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Dagger at Hobo: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Stats:
HP: 30
AC: 24 Touch: 19 Flat: 21
Position: I18

kpenguin
2007-12-22, 01:53 AM
Huukec


Unfortunately, shifter, I am not able to "use one of them fireballs" right now. I did not prepare it today.

Huukec flies over toward the newcomers, gaining 10 ft. altitude before stalling at G7. He then shifts his hands a bit and says a few quick incantations. Three bolts of glowing red energy spring from his hand, ambling towards the newcomer in robes.

OOC: Casting magic missile, all three missiles hitting the new robed guy.
[roll0]

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-22, 01:08 PM
DM

Jathrax invisible strikes catch the hobgoblin off guard, but fail to pierce his armor.

#4 screams in pain as Mi'lassk bite off a chunk of leg, he tries to retaliate , but the blood loss is just too much and falls unconscious.

Dalton's bolt just bounces off the balancing hound's hide.

Maor's shot catches the creature in the throat. The hobgoblin hit the ground with a thud.

With the hobgoblin dead Tolarian now finds himself in a stalemate with the hound, neither target able to strike cleanly.

Huukec's missile strike their target, like the often do. The robe creature stops turns towards the goblin, and smiles. He utters a few arcane words, flicks his wrist and fills the goblin wizard with dread.

Huukec is shaken (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#shaken) for 1 round.


The second hell hound manages to get out of the greasy area, and start growling at Dalton.

#3 takes a step back and tries to draw and arrow, but in his hurry, drops the arrow and is unable to fire.

Z charges Jathrax. "You can not stand against us, you are doomed!" he strikes at the elf with his morningstar, but Jathrax deflects the blow at the last second.

6 more hobgoblins appear near the road. At U's orders 3 draw their swords and prepare to continue forward, will 3 stop and take firing position.


r1-r3 are drawing swords, r4-r6 arrows.


http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-12.jpg

initiative:
Maor
Tolarian
Huukec
Baddies
Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Dalton

Random NPC
2007-12-22, 01:56 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Gods! The situation keeps getting worse by the second

"Dalton, take out the robed guy! We'll handle the beast later! Only you and I can reach their leader!" He screams, more than likely he has given up his hiding spot.

Randel
2007-12-22, 03:40 PM
Dalton

"The beast is rather close to me." he says giving a glance at the hellhound but he reloads his crossbow and fires at the robed creature. Then takes a five foot step east towards the trees, and putting as much of the difficult terrain as he can between the hound and himself.

Attack:[roll0] (add 2 if it happens to be an evil outsider)
Damage:[roll1]
Bonus damage:[roll2] (in the event its an evil outsider)

Random NPC
2007-12-22, 03:45 PM
:smallsigh:

People, stop rolling on this thread and start doing one roll per post on the dice rolling thread or you will be getting crappy rolls!

Blue_C.
2007-12-22, 10:37 PM
Mi'lassk

With the hobgoblin fallen beneath him, Mi'lassk rears backwards, away form the hound. He is left standing precariously on his hind legs, which slowly lengthen and broaden as the rat skin melts away, revealing his normal form. "Maybe we could use an ally or two of our own in this fight?" he asks the world at large.

He uses his eye and holy symbol to define a small circle in the distance and bows to it, expecting creatures to appear within it.


5ft step back away from the Hellhound's reach (still in predator form) to L18.
Swift action to shift into human form.
Full round action to lose "Cure Moderate wounds" (I have scrolls) and cast Summon Nature Ally III (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/summonMonsterIII.htm), summons [roll0] small earth elementals.

PS: Only one roll this move. :smallyuk:
Edit: Forgot to pick a spot. Let's say...K9

Mavian
2007-12-23, 12:50 AM
Watching the hobgoblin fall, but noting the approaching Hobgoblin army, Tal once again keeps his mind most focused on defense, still unleashing a couple of strikes towards the hound.


Full Round Attack: -5 to Ac
Rapier: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Dagger: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Stats:
HP: 30
AC: 24
Position: I18

kpenguin
2007-12-23, 01:26 AM
Huukec

Huukec, despite the tinge of fear and despair that magically dancing through his heart, grits his teeth in grim determination.

He pulls out some leaves and a small leathery organ and crushes them in his right hand while aiming dart with his left. The materials in his right hand disapears as a sickly green energy copy of the dart springs out from the original.

The green missile ambles toward the robed hobgoblin.


OOC:
Casting acid arrow at robed dude.
Attack Roll: 1d20+5 = 20 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3697944&postcount=17)
Damage Roll: 2d4 = 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3697932&postcount=15)+2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3697939&postcount=16) = 3

Random NPC
2007-12-23, 02:04 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Let's keep that idiot down.

Maor moves closer to Jathrax and releases an arrow on the robed Hobgoblin, aiming carefully to a vital spot.

"... Die..." He says softly as the arrow gets closer and closer.


HP: 41
AC: 20

moved to D10 and fired an arrow at Hobgoblin-U

Attack: (1d20+10)[22] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3698011&postcount=18)
Damage: (1d8+7)[15]
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3698015&postcount=19)

Wow :smallamused:

I think maybe he's down

Neftren
2007-12-23, 09:23 AM
Jathrax - Round 3

Jathrax looks slightly miffed that his attacks missed. Lashing out at the robed goblin, he unleashes his full fury.

I'll attack with both weapons.

[roll0] to Hit
[roll1] - Hah, just remembered I have a Strength Bonus to Damage.

[roll2] to Hit
[roll3] - Hah, just remembered I have a Strength Bonus to Damage.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-23, 01:31 PM
DM

Jathrax's strike the armored hobgoblin cleanly, one causes a deep gushing cut in its arm. Angered the hobgoblin, grasps a symbol hanging form his neck and recites magical words. Jathrax's muscles begin to twitch and stiffen, in a few seconds he is no longer able to move at all.


Z is the armored one, not robed.
Jathrax is being held, fell free to roll the save for next round. DC 14


Dalton's bolt flies wide of the hound.

Maor's arrow stick into the robed figure's chest, the creature seems visibly hurt, but there is not a single scream or grunt in pain.

Tolarian finally manages to connect, delivering two clean blows to the hound. Its retaliation strike comes close to connecting, but Talorian's defensive stand is just too good. Seeing this, the second hound charges Tolarian in anger, but it also misses.

Huukec's acidic arrow finds it mark, further injuring the hurt caster.

#3 drops his bow, draws a sword and strikes at the elemental in front of him, hurting it for [4] damage.

U launches 2 force missiles towards Maor for a total of [7] damage. And then moves behind, the approaching troops, clearly injured.

r1-r3 double move towards the melee to their left. r4-r6 move into better firing positions, and let loose a volley of arrows. One strikes Dalton critically for [8] damage. The other 2 are aimed at the elemental, one hitting the uninjured elemental for [9] damage, the second striking #3 cleanly.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-15.jpg

initiative:
Maor
Tolarian
Huukec
Baddies
Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Dalton

Random NPC
2007-12-23, 03:47 PM
Maor Moonclaw

His heart keeps pounding his chest harder and hander. Anger fills his veins. He knows he shot true and knows that the robed Hobgoblin should be dead.

"Why... won't... you... DIE!" He screams as he releases another arrow at the robed Hobgoblin-U and passes just between two grunts.

Maor's features turn more like a predator, his eyes glow blood red. His body turns bigger and meaner. The shifter has shifted. "The beast shall hunt now." Maor says with a wicked smile filled with bloodlust.

He moves closer to the Hobgoblins, leaves his Bow just behind him and draws his sword, wielding it with both hands and preparing for combat.


HP: 39
AC: 20

Used a standard action to shoot down Hobgoblin-U. Moved F9 and drew a sword, dropping the bow in E10.

Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[20] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3699826&postcount=20)
Damage Roll: (1d8+7)[11] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3699841&postcount=21)

If any hobgoblin wants to attack me, there should be an attack of oportunity

Randel
2007-12-23, 04:08 PM
Dalton

HP: 14/22 AC: 15

"Ouch." he says as he is hit with the arrow. He quickly takes a 5-foot step east into the woods and reloads his crossbow, firing it at the closest Hellhound. "Sorry, but I have these guys to deal with." he says to the ones fighting the robed figure.

Once he fires his bolt, he tries gets behind a tree to avoid getting any more arrows shot at him.


Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Bonus: [roll2]

Blue_C.
2007-12-23, 10:26 PM
Mi'lassk

Content that the elementals would know who to attack without more direction from him, Mi'lassk steps up to the hounds, drawing his sickle as he moves around to the wounded creature's back.

"We've wasted enough time here," he comments to Tolarian, not really expecting a response.


Move to K16, or flanking wounded hound (if different)
Sickle attack (1d20+6)[26] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3701468&postcount=22)
Sickle Crit Confirmation (1d20+7)[23] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3701475&postcount=23)
Sickle attack damage (1d6+3)[5] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3701483&postcount=25)
If attempt to flank is successful, the attack rolls have +2 to each. If the crit is confirmed, damage is 10.

The spell summon nature ally says they'll attack my enemies to the best of their abilities without my direction, so I assume they'll just glomp onto Z

Neftren
2007-12-24, 08:31 AM
Jathrax

Struggling against the invisible bonds, Jathrax was about to give up, until they popped and he was free. Bringing his weapons up again, he calls out to Maor and Huukec, "Get rid of the robed goblin!"

Rolled a 19 in the OOC thread to break free. Hopefully we level up soon, so I can pick up a desperately needed feat.

kpenguin
2007-12-24, 01:35 PM
Huukec
The tinge of fear in his heart quelled, Huukec pulls out his wand and readies to counter any spells the robed one casts.


OOC: Readied action to counterspell. For sake of speed:
Spellcraft Check to Identity: (1d20+15)[33] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3703423#post3703423)
If dispel magic is required:
Dispel Check: (1d20+5)[10] (
Dispel Check: [roll0])

Mavian
2007-12-24, 01:56 PM
"I wouldn't say that we've wasted our time here exactly, we have been keeping these cute little doggies entertained, which means they haven't had a chance to chew on anyone else."

He then ducks as Daltons crossbow bolt goes sailing by.

"Although this might not be the safest place to be standing at the moment."

He reaches out to stab at the Hellhound with his rapier, before tumbling towards Mi'lassk ending his move in J13.

"Come along puppy, we're going over here now."


Actions:
Standard Action: Attack with Rapier
Rapier: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Move Action: Tumble Check: [roll2] to avoid AoO

Stats:
Stats:
HP: 30
AC: 24
Position: J13

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-24, 02:55 PM
DM

Jatharx breaks free of the enchantment affecting him, and gets in position to defend himself against incoming attacks.

Mi'lassk get's into flanking position of the hell hound, and slashes with his sickle, causing a deep wound in its flank. The beast falls and begins to smolder, eventually banishing. Mi'lassk's elementals go on the offensive. One smacks Z rather hard, the other misses attacks a hobgoblin in front of it, missing.

Dalton's bolt once again misses the still living hound.

Maor's arrow once again strikes U. The victim staggers for a few steps, manages to regain its balance for a seconds, but ultimately collapses.

Tolarian's fails to pierce to the hound's hide, and his tumble attempt is comically poor (nat 1 :smallbiggrin: ), and the beast bites him for [8] damage, 4 of it fire damage.

Z tries to cast defensively, but Jathrax notices an opening and quickly slashes. The cleric's chanting stops abruptly as it falls to the ground.

As both their leaders fall some of the bandits begin to run. r1, r5, and r6 are about 20 feet of the edge of the map. The ones already in combat continue to fight for their lives, destroying both elementals.

r4 feels a momentary burst of courage and fires at Tolarian. As his arrow misses, his courage fades and he begins to flee.

The hell hound follows his apparently fleeing prey, but fails to wound him.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/redhand-16.jpg


initiative:
Maor
Tolarian
Huukec
Baddies
Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Dalton

Random NPC
2007-12-24, 04:39 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Seeing as how the situation has improved he smiles.

Things are better, now let's deal with the current problems.

He jumps back, drops his sword on the ground and grabs his bow. He aims at the Hell Hound and releases the arrow. The pain should be enough for the hound to notice Maor.



HP: 39
AC 20

moved to E10, dropped the sword and grabbed the bow. took a standard action to strike the Hound.

Attack roll: (1d20+10)[28] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3704223&postcount=28)
Damage roll: (1d8+5)[7] + sniper shot (1d6)[1] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3704234&postcount=29)

The hell hound is engaged in melee combat, granting me the sniper bonus. If not, then subtract the one. Also, the hell hound is considered flanked by me, so everyone can get flanking bonuses on him.

Randel
2007-12-24, 05:04 PM
Dalton

HP: 14/22 AC: 15

Dalton takes a 5-foot step closer to the remaining hellhound, trying to get a line of fire with as few allies in it as he can. He quickly reloads and fires at the hellhound.


Attack: 1d20+7 (18) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3704373&posted=1#post3704373)
Damage: 1d8+1 (6) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3704379&posted=1#post3704379)
Bonus: 2d6 (3) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3704385&posted=1#post3704385)

Neftren
2007-12-24, 05:09 PM
Jathrax

Swinging wildly and clumsily, Jathrax attacks the hellhound near him.

Jathrax will move to I,13 and attack the hellhound.

[roll0] to Hit
[roll1] Points of Damage

[roll2] to Hit
[roll3] Points of Damage

kpenguin
2007-12-24, 06:05 PM
Huukec

Huukec flies over to square k8 and drops to an altitude of 15 feet. Witha quick wave of the wand, he unleashes another blast of colored light.

OOC: Color spray, centered on k8

Blue_C.
2007-12-24, 10:27 PM
Mi'lassk

"By the dragon between," Mi'lassk intones as he sees his temporary allies falter, then disappear. Seeing Talorian's damage, he move closer, calling on nature's strength to heal his ally's wounds.


Move to Talorian's position, avoiding the Hell hound if possible.
Cast Cure light wounds for [roll0]

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-25, 12:14 AM
DM

Jathrax's hasty attacks fail to do any damage to the hound.

Mi'lassk successfully heals Toalrian.

Tolarian is back to full.


Dalton's bolt hits the pursuing hound, who falls to the ground and slowly begins to banish.

With the hound dissipating Maor changes targets, striking #3 solidly and dropping him.

Changed your target since the hound died before Maor acted.


A colorful blast for Huukec's wand affects both remaining opponents, who fall unconscious.

The retreating hobgoblins are beginning to go out of sight, into tho deeper areas of the woods.

Ending combat here since all enemies have been incapacitated, also why I skipped Tolarian's turn. You now have about 30 seconds to a minute to decide what to do with 3 unconscious hobgoblins (r2, r3, #2).

Everyone gains 750 xp.

I'll hand out loot once you decide what to do.

Randel
2007-12-25, 02:31 AM
Dalton

HP: 14/22 AC: 15

Seeing that the enemy has run off, Dalton reloads his crossbow, puts it at his side and turns to the others. "Does anybody need healing?"

He uses his Healing Belt to heal the others wounds if they ask for it.


belt has 3 charges per day, can heal 2d8 points of damage per charge.


He helps the others search the bodies for loot, starting with the ones closest to him.

Search:(1d20+12)[18 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3705981#post3705981)]

Neftren
2007-12-25, 09:04 AM
Jathrax

Using the pommel of his weapon, he soundly raps each of the goblins on the head, to make sure they stay knocked out.

Turning towards Dalton, Jathrax speaks up, "I could use some healing... that hobgoblin arrow hurt..." With that, Jathrax goes off to appropriate the weapons and armor of the goblins.

Not actually killing them, just knocking them out soundly.

Blue_C.
2007-12-25, 10:28 AM
Mi'lassk

Raising an eyebrow at Jathrax's actions, Mi'lassk asks, "Perhaps instead of knocking them about some more, we could try to bring them around to be questioned?"

"Such as how fairs the village in the distance? I would like to know the answer to that before we walk into more ambushes."

Randel
2007-12-25, 12:36 PM
Dalton

He keeps looting the bodies until he gets close to Jathrax and then heals him.

heals: [roll0]

then while he's at it, he heals himself from his own arrow wound.

heals: [roll1]

with one charge left he checks if anyone else wants healing.

He takes out a length of silk rope and offers it to Mi'lassk, "Here, you can tie them up with this." then he looks at the cottage to the south-west. "Wonder what is there?"

He makes his way towards the cottage, looting the enemy units on his way.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-25, 03:30 PM
DM

The hobgoblins will be out at least a few more minutes after Jathrax soundly beats them.

Loot:

Searching the fallen bodies you find:

8 somewhat old and damaged suits of chainmail.
8 heavy steel shields
8 composite longbows (+1 str)
8 well crafted, but worn longswords. (MW)
100 arrows.
1 very finely crafted and kept breastplate. (MW)
1 fine mace. (MW)

Z had a fist sized metal plaque hanging from his neck. It seems to be inscribes with a dragon like head.

U had a wooden staff adorned with metal (MW quarterstaff), attached to it was an opaque greenish crystal. He also carried a small engraved stick.


Dalton:

Inside the ruined building you find the remains of a cooking fire, scattered bedrolls, and a few other necessities. To a side you see 3 very fresh corpses, seemingly ready to be disposed. 2 hobgoblins and 1 goblin. Next to them is a sack with 355 gp. Both hobgoblins carry normal crossbows with 10 bolts.

Random NPC
2007-12-25, 07:22 PM
Maor Moonclaw

After finishing his enemies Maor bends and picks up his longsword. He then sheathes his sword and puts away the bow on his quiver. The small quiver slowly eats both of the weapons until they disapear.

If someone pays close attention to Maor's face, not only his bestial features turn to "normal" and some bruises on his body heal, but what seems to be a blood red tattoo slowly moves away as if the paint was moving away and concealing itself. This was happening all over Maor's body. The red tattoo came back from the place it came from, his chest.

"I'll take care of this." He says as he takes the ropes and proceeds to tie the Hobgoblins. "And if they decided not to talk, let me be the first one to kill them." He says to himself, but loud enough for the whole group to hear.

"And what were they carrying, human?" He screams towards the cottage at Dalton.

If anyone paid attention on the trip, they should notice that Maor was speaking more than he used to.

Randel
2007-12-25, 08:04 PM
Dalton

"Over here? I see two dead hobgoblins and one dead goblin." he picks up the bag of gold and returns to the others. He stores all the weapons and the gold in a bag and sets it inside his Handy Haversack, ready to be properly inspected when they have some time. He writes down a list of all the items he found and relates them to the others.

"Hmm... a few of these are a bit beat up. We could probably fix them up a bit before selling them." His own pride as a craftsman is a bit uneasy at the thought of leaving these items beat up like they are.

He joins up with the rest of the group, curious what they plan to do now.

"Just out of curiosity... I recall hearing something about a spell that can gain information from a corpse. I wonder if that robed figure there might know a bit more about this groups goals than these fellows."

kpenguin
2007-12-25, 08:33 PM
"Stay your hand, shifter. We are on Darguun territory now. Let the law handle them. They have defied the edicts of L'hesh Haruuc and shall be punished accordingly."

Huukec looks down on the unconcious hobgoblins.

"Besides, I can get information from them without them saying a single word."

He looks at Dalton and says,

"You say that there are some dead goblins in that cottage?"

Huukec snarls.

"This Red Hand probably killed them. We should give them a proper burial."

Random NPC
2007-12-25, 11:27 PM
Maor Moonclaw

The shifter snarls at the unconscious bodies and crouches in front of them. "Either way, we should take everything they have and burn the fallen bodies. If you want to take the living ones to town, be my guest." He sniffs at them and leans back, obviously dissatisfied with the smell. "... mutter... goblins.. mutter..."

"What about the leaders? I recall the robed one was a wizard of sorts." Maor looks up to the sky. "He was too strong for a wizard. Able to survive one of my arrows like that, only monsters can do that."

Maor takes out his longsword and walks up to the fallen armored hobgoblin. He grabs his necklace and pulls it.

"Anyone knows what this is?"

The blood of dying goblin has him in a pleasant mood.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-26, 07:00 PM
DM

Maor's ties the 3 hobgoblins, the bindings feel secure enough. They wake groaning but otherwise seem eerily quite. They look at each other and the group when they think no one is looking, but simply stare blankly when looked upon.

The amulet hanging from the necklace seems to be made of iron, decent craftsmanship but nothing special. It's engraved with a somewhat crude draconic heads, you can make out about 3 or 4. There's nothing else of note about it.


Rolled knowledges, no one notices anything else peculiar about the amulet.


Edit (knew I forgot something):
Maor:

Upon further examination of the robed hobgoblin's body, you notice it's not like other hobgoblins you have seen before. It's body is incredibly scarred and deformed. His limbs and joins are twisted, as if they had sustained many breaks. his skin is almost completely tattooed and marked in areas not currently covered by scabs.

kpenguin
2007-12-26, 08:58 PM
Huukec

Mmmm... I don't recognize it, but a red hand symbol is used by some tribes in Argonessen, home of dragons. The draconic figures on the amulet suggests they are connected.

He pauses.

Allow me to use my magic to detect any enchantments.

Huukec's eyes glow blue as he scans the area.

OOC: Using Arcane Sight.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-26, 09:18 PM
DM

Huukec:


Several of the items collected from the bodies begin to glow. The breastplate show hints of abjuration, The crystal attached to the staff glows of evocation, and the small stick of conjuration. Your companions also light up, but you're used to this.

Random NPC
2007-12-26, 09:29 PM
Maor Moonclaw

"Dragons. Maybe this has something to do with the Dragon Below." He ponders for a second and looks back at the robed goblin. He looks like he sustained more damage before. More than likely he has seen battle before... or many moons of torture. He thinks.

"Goblin." He says at Huukec while he's searching. "You said these creatures broke the Goblin-Lord's law. You better get some information out of them too."

kpenguin
2007-12-26, 10:03 PM
Huukec

"I've detected some magic in their equipment, specifically the crystal on the end of that staff, the stick, and the breastplate. I do not have the proper spells prepared to identify them, however, though I have some pearls to use to cast."

He looks to Maor.

We shall interrogate them, but their fates should be up to the authorities here. All of us but I are foreigners and it would not do well to execute them.

Huukec walks over to the goblins and looks back.

If someone would question them, I can read their minds. It would be inadvisable for me to do both.

OOC: Arcane Sight should last 5 min., so I should be able to know if something funky happens.

Blue_C.
2007-12-26, 10:14 PM
Mi'lassk

The druid's ears perk up at the phrase "Dragon Below." "Truly?" he breathes, regarding the goblins with a great deal more suspicion.

He shakes it off. "Let's start by packing up the gear, and leaving this place. We should either take shelter in the shack, or continue on to our destination," he says. He beckons for the mule and says, "The mule can carry our spoils, until Huurek has the magic to tell what's what."

Mavian
2007-12-26, 11:20 PM
Talorian

Talorian grins.

"Questions is it? I'm good at asking questions"

He walks over and pushes one of the hobgoblins on to its back, before placing a foot on its stomach and the point of his rapier against its throat.

"My name is Talorian De Marquis. You are going to answer the questions asked of you and if we spot one lie, I will know it and slit your throat like the swine you are. Now, the first question. Which way to the nearest drinking establishment?"

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-26, 11:30 PM
DM

All three hobgoblins glare at Tolarian. It's an angry stare, though you sense hints of confusion as you ask your question. They make no attempt to answer or otherwise say anything.

Random NPC
2007-12-26, 11:37 PM
Maor Moonclaw

"Bothersome." He says shaking his head. "It should be better if we get some information from them first, young Druid-Master." Maor says to Mi'lassk with a noticeable tone of respect.

"Alright, goblin, cast that spell of yours." He says to Huukec. He moves closer to the Hobgoblins. "I want to know more about this symbol." He lifts his hand and shows them the draconic symbol.

"Go on! Tell us. Even if you fear your master's wrath, you should fear ours more, because we know of the way of Goblin pain. I've studied and I know it deep in my heart." He says the last word with an animalistic growl. "Even if it is against the law, I will torture you more than anything you have felt before."

Bluff attempt to get some information before Huukec can begin

[roll0]
+4 because of Favored enemy, -2 due to low charisma

EDIT: Unless a natural 1 I guess that was hard to believe. Don't make them laugh please:smallfrown:

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-26, 11:56 PM
DM

The prisoners mouths remain shut. Their eyes change somewhat as they glance at their fallen robed leader, knowing full well that nothing this shifter can do to them, can compare to what he would've.

Blue_C.
2007-12-27, 12:15 AM
Mi'lassk

The druid snorts at his allies failed attempts at coercion, as he has found himself at one too many arguments with them about the basic decency one must show to all of this world's creatures. He does not choose to pick up the discusion though, as disunity would make Huurek's task harder. "Perhaps they only speak goblin?" he offers, as a way for the others to save face.

"I will be sitting in the trees over there, in prayer. Rouse me when it is time to leave," he announces.


Mi'lassk takes fifteen minutes to prepare the rest of his spells for the day.
0-Cure minor wounds
1-Cure light wounds
2-Another Cure light wounds
3-Cure Moderate Wounds

Randel
2007-12-27, 01:26 AM
Dalton

Seeing their interrogation isn't going quite as well as planned, Dalton decides to try something else. "Let me see if I can track down their friends."

He reaches into his spell component pouch and pulls out a vial of powdered siberys dragonshard and a small length of black cloth.

He traces a circle on the ground and sprinkles a tiny pinch of the dust into the center. After speaking a few words and making a gesture, his dragonmark glows for a moment before a bit of smoke appears in the circle. In a moment, a small winged construct appears in the circle, an Expeditious Messenger. It looks like any other of its kind aside from the miniature mark of making on its neck... a tiny version of the mark on Dalton's neck.

He offers it the small bit of black cloth and the creature accepts it, tying it around its neck like a scarf to cover the mark.

He reaches down to pick it up and after getting a good look at the hobgoblins faces he releases it, letting it fly south after where the other hobgoblins were fleeing.

"Go, find the others. Show me where their hideout is." He says in clear and audible goblin.

He turns to the others, "He should be able to find their trail... though I probably should have done that right when they started running."

He sits down down next to the fallen robed leaders body, looking at its face... not so much to see anything but to creep out the captured hobgoblins.

I cast Summon Marked Homunculus. A 1st level infusion from Dragonmarked. The Messenger should last for 5 hours (1 hour per level) and if destroyed deals 1d6 damage to adjacent creatures. I can summon it because it requires a mark of making to cast.

kpenguin
2007-12-27, 02:22 AM
Huukec

Huukec pulls a copper piece from his pouch and waves his hand around it while chanting. A few moments later, he stops the incantation and closes his eyes in concentration, listening to the thoughts of the goblins.

"You mind is an open book to me. Reveal to me your thoughts..."

OOC: Detect Thoughts, boyos. Remember, lime is goblin.

Random NPC
2007-12-27, 03:38 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor looks back at Huukec and smiles. He waits for nearly half a minute until he's sure Huukec is concentrated on the task.

"What does this symbol mean?....." He asks first, holding the symbol in front of them. ".....What's this red hand of yours?.... Are you a band of robbers or something else?.... If you are not a band of robbers, what are you?.... Who was that robbed Hobgoblin and why is he like that?...." He starts to ask questions. He ask slowly and pauses between question to help the Hobgoblins think of the answer. This have not been the first time he has known of this technique. Back when they were raiding Hobgoblins with Cyre they used tactics like those to get information about strategic whereabouts.



I think this should speed things up. After this maybe we should go to town.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-27, 03:48 AM
DM

Rendel conjures a winged creature. It flies up and begins to follow the fleeing hobgoblins trail. It picks them up rather quickly, a couple thousand feet northeast and running north, staying off the dawn way. The homunculus should soon reach the maximum distance it is willing to travel.


The distance is a mile for messengers right? I'm not completely sure I read it correctly.

Also I think I forgot to mention the dawn way. That's the name of the road you are traveling on. It is very long and traveled, but you are currently in an area of little traffic.


Huukec:


They all show sings of mental activity, and have intelligence between 10-12.

Surface thoughts:

Hobgoblin one: "They're gonna kill us in that town. We're getting the blame for the merchants and the raids, and they're gonna kill us." When Maor asks about their leader his thoughts change to: "pfft Ulthar? He's no leader. He was just one sick gobbo. I wouldn't be surprised if he screwed himself up, or maybe he crossed Koth."

Hobgoblin two: "I wonder where Delk and the others are spending the night. Those Vraath ruins are way too far, and that stupid bugbear is gonna be pissed." As Maor asks if they are robbers his surface thoughts change to: "Ha ha, robbers? We're no thieves."

Hobgoblin three: "Just focus, focus!. Don't look at them, just don't say anything to anyone, it'll be alright." His thoughts don't seem to change as Maor speaks, he seems to be tuning him out.


Edit: simul' posted with Random, making a couple of edits.

kpenguin
2007-12-27, 05:08 AM
Huukec

Huukec holds his concentration, waiting for answers to Maor's other questions.

kpenguin
2007-12-27, 03:44 PM
Huukec

Maor, come hither.

Neftren
2007-12-27, 03:55 PM
Jathrax

Slowly inspecting his blades, Jathrax turns them over and over again. Looking up and about, he notices the interrogation of the goblins. Crossing over to the goblins, he puts the Longsword turned Scimitar back into his pack, and he then took his shortsword and began twirling with it idly.

He slowly walked up to the goblins. "Provide us with information, and we'll keep you alive. At least, until we reach the courts anyway. Help us and we might possibly put in a good words... maybe you'll even keep your heads...

Now, where are your companions headed...? Where are you based? Tell me now. I want answers, and I want them now."

Random NPC
2007-12-27, 05:07 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor glints back at Huukec with a raised eyebrow.

"What is it?" He asks, wondering with a cautious mind as he moves close to him so Huukec can speak softly.

kpenguin
2007-12-27, 05:11 PM
Huukec

Huukec whispers to Maor:
Repeat your questions, but one at a time. Once you ask a question, wait for me to wave my hand. Then ask the next one

Random NPC
2007-12-27, 05:27 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor nods at Huukec and approaches the Hobgoblins.

"What does this symbol means?!" He says now, loud enough to gain their attention.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-27, 10:56 PM
DM

The hobgoblins completely ignore the pale elf.

Huukec:


Surface thought as Maor repeats the question:

Hobgoblin one: "What's with this shifter? why does he care so much about that necklace. He's not even threatening us, I wonder what's his angle."

Hobgoblin two: "That was Zarr's trinket, and I wouldn't tell you no matter how many times you asked you filthy shifter."

Hobgoblin three: "I wonder myself what Zarr used that for. Always had it with him when using his magic, or really doing anything."

kpenguin
2007-12-27, 11:05 PM
Huukec

The goblin waves his hand.

Random NPC
2007-12-27, 11:16 PM
Moar Moonclaw

Maor nods. "What is the Red Hand?" He says loud also, with a threatening voice.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-27, 11:27 PM
DM

Huukec:

Surface thoughts:

Hobgoblin one: "We are the red hand, we all are."

Hobgoblin two: "Your doom shifter, the red hand will destroy you."

Hobgoblin three: "What are we?, what is the red hand?. It is the enlightened, the elite of the goblin race."

Randel
2007-12-27, 11:46 PM
Dalton

Dalton has his homunculus follow the fleeing goblins as far as it is willing to travel, he gets out a scrap of paper and draws a quick sketch of the area and road, along with where the other goblins seem to be heading. He counts how many of the goblins are there in case they got some others along the way.

He has the homunculus stay back and hide among the trees, to avoid getting spotted.

He goes over to the Huukec and shows him the sketch, "This is what I got from my scout. Do you recognize any landmarks? If you can still scan their thoughts, we might be able to get some info on where their base is."

((OOC: Sorry, but Dalton doesn't have any knowledge of geography and I'm not sure if we have a map to compare his findings with ))

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-28, 12:04 AM
DM

Dalton:

your map should look something like this:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/map-2.jpg
They stopped at the black x for a few minutes, and seemed to discuss and rest. They never met up with any others in the way. It's about a mile to the first river crossing, but flying high the homunculus manages to spot them heading into the forest then exiting near the second river.

kpenguin
2007-12-28, 01:21 AM
Huukec

Please, wait a bit, Dalton.

Huukec waves his hand.

Random NPC
2007-12-28, 02:55 AM
Maor Moonclaw


"Answer me! What does the Red Hand do?" He asks again.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-28, 03:06 AM
DM

Huukec:

Surface thoughts:

Hobgoblin one: "We exists, and we do what we need to ensure that we stay alive."

Hobgoblin two: "What do we do? What do we do? What does it look like we do?."

Hobgoblin three: "How should I know what the hand does? I know what I do, I do what Koth tells me to do."

kpenguin
2007-12-28, 03:09 AM
OOC: Damn it... I knew I should have prepared Charmed Person...

IC:

Huukec

Huukec waves.

Random NPC
2007-12-28, 03:45 AM
OOC: I don't really know what Maor could ask.

Maor Moonclaw


Maor seems angry because the Hobgoblins refuse to answer him. He walks to Huukec and leans back close to him. "This is all I can think off and I hope you got information from this. Any questions you may want to ask, wizard?"

kpenguin
2007-12-28, 03:59 AM
Huukec

Huukec whispers, "Ask them who Koth, Delk, Zarr, and Ulthar are as well as what and where the Vraath ruins are.

Random NPC
2007-12-28, 05:02 AM
Maor Moonclaw

He nods and thinks, trying to remember if he remembers anything like the ruins he mentioned. He tries to think back if anything rings any bell.



Rolled:
Geography Check (1d20+1)[2] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3717107&postcount=35)
Nature Check (1d20+3)[18] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3717110&postcount=36)



He then asks the Hobgoblins. "Where's the Vraath ruins?" He smiles wickedly.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-28, 03:32 PM
DM

DM

Maor's new question gets the hobgoblins' attention. They all stare at him confused an surprised, but still none is speaking.

Huukec:

Surface thoughts:

Hobgoblin one: "Who are you? What's going on?"

Hobgoblin two: "It's an old human castle in the forest, everyone knows that. "

Hobgoblin three: You get a crude visual image of what looks like a ruined keep.

Rolled Knowledge checks for you on the answers. None of the names ring a bell, but you do remember the name Vraath. It's an old Cyran noble family name. At times during the last war Cyra was in control of this area.


Maor

You've never heard of the ruins, and you have seen nothing recently that would lead you to think the ruins are near.

kpenguin
2007-12-28, 04:48 PM
Huukec

Huukec waves his hand.

OOC: Can we assume he does after he gets his answers? Its getting really repetitive.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-28, 05:01 PM
((haha sure :smalltongue: ))

Random NPC
2007-12-29, 03:11 AM
((OOC: I'm sorry, it's 2 am and I just got home from partying with my friends and hanging out with them all day long :smallbiggrin: ))

Maor Moonclaw


"I got your attention now, eh?" He says as he smiles like a crude beast. He looks to his right into the horizon. "I bet Koth would get angry at you." He looks back at them. "Like always, right?" He smiles and get closer.

"I bet you can see that angry face right now, don't you?"


BUAHAHA! I'm using my bluff check to make them picture him/her for Huukec... at least get a lot of information from that :smalltongue:

Bluff: [roll0]

the DC shouldn't be too high, right?

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-29, 03:53 AM
DM

"Screw you shifter, curse you and your little band. You don't stand a chance against Koth, he will dine on shifter meat if you dare confront him." screams hobgoblin two. The other two glare at him, and when he notices he abruptly shuts up.

Huukec


Surface thoughts:

Hobgoblin one: "What's this idiot doing, shut up!"

Hobgoblin two: Is focused on Maor.

Hobgoblin three: You see a tall and wide robed figure. When the captive focuses on the face, you see what is undeniably a bugbear.

kpenguin
2007-12-29, 03:57 AM
Huukec

*hand wave*

OOC: I'm assumed to do this, but as long as I'm online...

Random NPC
2007-12-29, 04:53 AM
Maor Moonclaw

The prey fell on the trap

"Koth is going to hurt me? His pride was hurt after what my band did. I bet he will go back to Delk and cry some more." He says to them smiling. "By the way, how's Delk doing right now? I wonder if Delk remembers me and my bow..."



Working some more on the Bluffing
[roll0]

I guess this is when Huukec's time is up after this.

Randel
2007-12-29, 01:03 PM
Dalton

As the others interrogate the prisoners, Dalton takes another look through the eyes of the homunculus and tries to see if he can find the camp or place where the hobgoblins went.

After a minute or two, if he succeeds or fails, he has the homunculus return and orders it to fly around in a wide circle looking out for any other groups in the area.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-29, 02:34 PM
DM

The hobgoblins seem more composed now, and just stare in anger.

Huukec


Surface thoughts:

Hobgoblin one: "pfft, Koth hurt by this. I don't think he liked Ulthar anyway."

Hobgoblin two: "This fool is just guessing. Koth cry to Delk? haha, if anything Koth is going to whoop Delk's ass."

Hobgoblin three: When Maor mentions Delk you get a visual of a hobgoblin dressed very similar to this three.



Dalton:


As far as your homunculus can see the three never stopped moving.

kpenguin
2007-12-29, 02:56 PM
Huukec

Huukec sighs and waves his hand.

Random NPC
2007-12-29, 06:15 PM
Maor Moonclaw


"Well, tell me how Ulthar and Zarr are? Always together, right?" He asks the hobgoblins.

I hope you got more information with this, Goblin

Blue_C.
2007-12-29, 10:23 PM
OOC: Mostly just checking in, so you know I haven't wandered off.

Mi'lassk

It still felt wrong, all these years after he'd left home, to do this in anywhere other than the swamps. But knowing that all of Eberron lands are the province and body of the Dragon Between, no matter their seeming, he settled down and got to it.

Breathing deep, he opened himself up to nature, expanding his mind, reaching up, down, and outward into the land like a mangrove growing. For a moment, he was aware at once of every fallen leaf he sat upon, and the heartbeats of the newborn chicks in the tree he leaned against. Upon this awareness, he pressed images, hoping that nature itself would be willing to grant what he asks for.


Mi'lassk is still preparing spells

Randel
2007-12-29, 11:41 PM
Dalton

With his homunculus circling the area on the lookout for other groups (If its not already doing so, he orders it to do so now), and the interrogation going on, Dalton decides to just take a break.

After loading up the loot again, he pulls out his bag of Everlasting Rations and starts eating some of the contents. Sitting on a nearby tree stump or other clean surface, he munches on a few biscuits and some handfuls of trail mix. "Should see about getting this thing to serve something hot one of these days..." he thinks as he eats.

Powerfamiliar
2007-12-30, 12:13 AM
DM

Dalton:

The homunculus fails to spot anything interesting. Nothing unusual seems to be going on in the woods.


The hobgoblins once again remain quite. One seems to stare at some of the fallen bodies.

Huukec


Surface thoughts:

Hobgoblin one: Seems focused on the corpse that was wearing the heavier armor.

Hobgoblin two: "Zarr is dead baby, Zarr's dead."

Hobgoblin three: You get a visual image of the robed, and scarred hobgoblin.

kpenguin
2007-12-30, 01:13 AM
Huukec

Huukec waves his hand.

Random NPC
2007-12-30, 02:21 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor nodded and looked at the Hobgoblins. "I think we have all the information we need. Thank you for cooperating, Goblinoid swine"

He turns his back on them and looks at the group. "It's your decision what to do with them or what to do now. In my opinion these beasts are no more than assassins who wanted to rob us but failed to do so." He pauses for a moment.

"However, those two were suspiciously strong to be just robbers." He looks at the robed and armored hobgoblin.

"Either way, I reckon it's better to burn the corpses and head straight to the town before nightfall, after all, we have a job to do and we are professionals, aren't we?" He raises his eyebrow.

"Also, if these two were the underlings, and I can bet my life they are, the leaders may want our hides. And I'm going to tell you this now, no Goblinoid will take this Hunter as a prey."

kpenguin
2007-12-30, 02:40 AM
Huukec

Huukec releases his concentration.

"Alright, here's what I can glean from their thoughts:

They are members of the Red Hand, some sort of organization that believes themselves to be elite and enlightened goblins."

Huukec snorts.

"They are lead by Koth, a robed bugbear. Probably a wizard or a priest or something.

Zarr and Ulthor are the two goblins we see here. The amulet is Zarr's holy symbol, though I do not who the deity Zarr follows is.

Delk is another armored hobgoblin, possibly another leader, who may be nearby.

They seem to have a base in the Vraath ruins, an old human castle in the woods some distance from here. I don't know what the castle exactly is, but Vraath was the name of an old Cyran family and, as you know, this was Cyran territory before we declared independence."

Huukec pauses and looks back at the hobgoblins, and then looks at his companions again.

"Something very wrong is happening here. This Red Hand is dangerous. Attacking us is a violation of the edicts set by Lhesh Haruuc and they show know respect for my own clan, Kech Volaar. They are not part of the homeland I left years ago."

Randel
2007-12-30, 08:08 PM
Dalton

Seeing that their questioning is reaching it end, Dalton puts away his bag of rations and walks back to the others, finishing up one last biscuit as he does so.

He looks down at the body of the robed figure, noticing the number of gashes and broken bones "Hmmm... wonder if he worshiped The Mockery? I heard somewhere about worshipers of that undergoing some kind of weird ritualistic scarring thing. But I suppose it doesn't matter much now."

He turns back to the others, "Oh, and my homunculus scout has been checking the surrounding area. The ones ones that got away are heading along this path *points to the sheet of paper he drew up* They got out of the range of my scout. But there don't seem to be any other groups around this area aside from us."

He finishes his report and is ready to move out when they all see fit.

Blue_C.
2007-12-30, 10:19 PM
Mi'lassk

Once finished with his meditation, Mi'lassk returns to the group, using his rope to pack the loot onto the mule's back in a loose bundle.

"Let's just hope that holds until town."

He pauses, as (presumably) everyone has been waiting on him for ten minutes or longer. "Oh, were you waiting for me? I'm ready now."

Neftren
2008-01-01, 12:16 PM
Jathrax

Jathrax shrugs, puts away his shortsword and waits for the interrogation to move on... or at least achieve something or another. He had nothing else to do in this place anyway. He slowly sat down and began studying his blade manual while he waited.

.....

After the interrogation, he looks up. "Shall we move onto town now that you're all done? These goblins should probably go to the authorities."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-01, 02:19 PM
DM

After a few uneventful hours you manage to arrive to town before nightfall. The tied hobgoblins, while not fully cooperating, don't present any significant resistance to your travel. The road descend into a town built mostly on the near side of a broad, sluggish river. You notice Six old stone piers marking the spot where a bridge once stood, but the span itself is long gone. Instead a couple of long thick ropes cross the river, each secured to a flat-bottomed ferryboat. Brown fields and green orchards surround the town.

A group of armed guards stands watch. Six in total, 4 hobgoblin, 1 human, 1 goblin. The goblin and 2 hobgoblin are wearing leather armor, The belly and part of the torso of each armor, is painted a light blue-ish color. The other two hobgoblins and the human wear chain armor, decorated in purples and green. One of the hobgoblins armor carries the crest that you all recognize as House Deneith's.

As soon as they notice you, and the tied hobgoblins, a mail wearing hobgoblin signals to the goblin while the other four ready their polearms. The hobgoblin approaches you and speaks: "Halt!, what is your business in Drellin's Ferry?, and what exactly is going on here?", he points at the tied prisoners.

Mavian
2008-01-01, 03:48 PM
"We were accosted good sir. These fellows here, along with some of their unfortunate fellows had the ill fortune to attempt to stop us along the road. Unluckily for them, we were more than a match for petty thugs, and dealt with them quite handily."

He points towards the bound hobgoblins.

"We were hoping that you would be able to imprison the miscreants for us, as we go about our business. As for why we are in Drellin's Ferry, that is quite simple. We seek to cross the river."

He then waves one arm towards the river.

Neftren
2008-01-01, 03:57 PM
Jathrax

Jathrax unobtrusively slides his hands towards his weapons, ready to attack if the goblins decided to attack. Glancing around, he crosses towards the river and starts playing with pebbles and begins meditating while the rest of the party works a way across.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-01, 04:10 PM
((OOC: Drelin's ferry is also the name of the town across the river, not just the actual ferry.))

Deneith crest wearing hobgoblin
"Hmmm bandits. We've had increased bandit activity near the outskirts of town for the past few days. We'll gladly take care of these savages." he motions to the other guards to take the prisoners, and they start approaching you. "As for your business, of course you want to cross the river, we are interested in your business once on the other side."

Map of the area:

You are near the red X.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Drellin.jpg
I'll be filling the spots of interest as you get near them.
16,17,18 are big wooden buidlings.
17 has a sign outside: " Jendar's Warehouse."
18 also has a sign: "Sterrell's provisioning", there are a few horses outside of this building.

Neftren
2008-01-01, 04:14 PM
Jathrax

Speaking up Jathrax explains calmly,"Is it your business to deny entrance to a group of adventurers who was just attacked by a band of renegade goblins bent on destruction and harm to the welfare of the nation of Darguun? To answer your question, food and drink as well as a place to sleep are what we're after. Maybe a place to spend some money as well."

With that, he steps back and puts his sharp tongue on a leash again.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-01, 04:43 PM
Deneith crest wearing hobgoblin

"No, it is my place to inquire about what a group of armed strangers is looking to do in my town. We do thank you for bringing these brigands to justice, and if travelers is all you are feel free to pass. The first trip is free." He motions to the other side and the ferry boat starts moving towards this side of the river. "You can stay at the Old Bridge Inn to the left , or try the Green apple at the other side of the square. There's plenty of markets, there's a smith near the Green Apple, and you can get your provision here." he points to Sterrell's provisioning.

map to date:

You are near the red X.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Drellin.jpg

I'll be filling the spots of interest as you get near them.
4: The Green Apple
5: smithy
10: The Old Bridge Inn
17: Jendar's Warehouse.
18: Sterrell's provisioning

Neftren
2008-01-01, 04:51 PM
Jathrax

"Why thank you for your assistance."

He nods to the guard and awaits the ferry.

Randel
2008-01-01, 08:42 PM
Dalton

The artificer looks at the surrounding buildings with a little gleam in his eye. His homunculus flies a bit overhead, getting a good look at the town from overhead. (His summon has a duration of 5 hours, let me know how much longer it has and if it already disappeared then thats okay.)

"So, are we planning to stay the night? If we get a room I can see about appraising the things we got and maybe sell some of it."

Curious, he checks the status of the ferry. If there is lots of time he wanders over to Sterrell's provisioning to see what is for sale.

Blue_C.
2008-01-01, 08:56 PM
Mi'lassk

A pious druid, Mi'lassk does not raise his eyes to Siberys when in need of strength. Instead he looks to the horizon, and presses firmly down on his feet. "Great Eberron, Jathrax, could you try not to piss off the locals?" Facing the guards, he says, "Thank you for taking these creatures off our hands. If it would be appropriate, could we meet with head of your watch sometime tommorow, after you've had time to question them? The band's strength was considerable, and if they are a typical example for this area, I would like to be warned."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-01, 09:43 PM
DM

Deneith crest wearing hobgoblin:

"Tomorrow we'll probably be right here. You see that big sturdy building over there." he points at 8 on the map. "That's the local jail, these three will spend a few nights in there. If you have question about them you should go there. You should check with Norro..." the goblin nudges him. "...or Iormel, if you have questions about bandits in general." Noticing the mule. "For your pack animal, you should check with Delora, her place is just next to the Old Bridge Inn."

The ferry is very slow, it takes about 6-7 minutes to make its way across.

Dalton:


Your homunculus disappears right about...now.

The store is run by an older goblin. Inside you can buy adventuring gear, clothing, food, mount related gear, and wagons. There are also signs in both common and goblinoid stating the prices for the horses outside.


map to date:

You are near the red X.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Drellin.jpg

I'll be filling the spots of interest as you get near them.
4: The Green Apple
5: smithy
8: Jail
10: The Old Bridge Inn
12: Delora's place.
17: Jendar's Warehouse.
18: Sterrell's provisioning

kpenguin
2008-01-01, 11:57 PM
Huukec

Huukec looks the one with the Deneith crest up and down. He doesn't like the idea of one of his countrymen directly affiliated with a Dragonmarked house, but he keeps silent about it.

"What can you tell me about this town, good sir?"

OOC: Remember, lime=goblin.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-02, 12:25 AM
Deneith crest wearing hobgoblin:

"It's alright I guess. Most caravans coming from, or heading to Beland us this ferry to cross the Elsir River, so it may be small but it serves a purpose. Not long ago House Deneith took interest in the area. They have a small operation here, mostly recruiting from the villages in the vale, and giving some basic training. The mercenaries don't tend to stay long, they are usually shipped off as soon as a caravan heading to a larger enclave arrives. Norro Winston is currently in charge of the operation. "

the goblin interrupts him.

Goblin:

It's not usual to see one of our kind travelling iwth the other races, but it sure is a pleasure. The town is called Drellin's Ferry, not sure who Drellin was, but the ferry part is clear. The bridge was destroyed before we took over, not sure who established the ferry. Used to be a Cyraan town, it's been under goblin control for a while now though. The leader of the town council is Iormel, can't complain much about him. Living near the woods, we get plenty of bandits like these. It's been a bit worse lately, but with the Deneith muscle we should be fine.

The Ferry arrives, 2 of the guards get on with the prisoners. I'm assuming you do the same. After a slow and boring trip you find yourselves across the river. It's almost nightfall. Where to next?

map to date:

You are near the red X.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Drellin-1.jpg

I'll be filling the spots of interest as you get near them.
2: Open air market, mostly selling produce.
3: Nice house, has two guards in Deneith colors standing outside.
4: The Green Apple
5: Smithy
8: Jail
9: Stone building
10: The Old Bridge Inn
11. has two signs outside says: "Jarred Sundries"; "General Store"
12: Delora's place.
13: Wooden building.
17: Jendar's Warehouse.
18: Sterrell's provisioning

kpenguin
2008-01-02, 12:30 AM
Huukec

"Well, what now, my companions? I think we shall head to the inn for a good night's rest. In the morning, we'll see Norro, if he's here. We should also ask around about this Red Hand. As I said before, I've never heard of it and its presence in my homeland disturbs me."

Huukec looks over at Dalton.

"Before you start looking for appraisals, allow me to identify the magic items first. I'll do it first thing tomorrow."

Random NPC
2008-01-03, 01:30 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor tried to stay distant when dealing with the Hobgoblins. He was never fond of the goblinoids. He seems familiar in these lands, although he has not passed near this town, his former "job" as a Cyranite raider has brought him not even twenty miles up the river. It has been so long and those times were short.

He never took the eyes of his prisoners, just as a wolf never takes his sight off his prey. When he had to let go of the Hobgoblins he wished he had killed them in battle.

It would be another time. Besides, their friends should still be alive. Some day I'll kill them. He thought

Randel
2008-01-05, 01:54 AM
Dalton

Looking at the supplies being sold, Dalton looks and his half frowns. He always has trouble shopping for mundane equipment, he knows they all are quite useful but he just can't shake the feeling that he could make something himself for less... but would that work be worth saving a few silver...

Finally, he buys:


3 hemp ropes 3 gp
2 grappling hooks 2 gp
bullseye lantern 12 gp
9 flasks of oil 9 sp
10 pieces of chalk 1 sp
==================
18 gp



"Actually..." he thinks for a second. "Do you know where I might be able to get some Dragonshards or other magic supplies?"

After getting his items and hearing the response he meets with the others as they head for the inn. He considers crafting something but ever since the "Feather token Incident" he gives the others a heads up before making anything alchemical or magical.

Though they will be appraising the loot the next day, Dalton gives the items a quick look and uses his "Make Whole" dragonmark ability to fix one of the battered chainmail suits.

"So guys... I was thinking about crafting something, not tonight of course, but maybe tomorrow once I get some supplies. Does anyone have some requests? We should be sure and get as well equipped as we can for our mission."

kpenguin
2008-01-05, 02:22 AM
Huukec

We should probably find out what our job actually is before we starting crafting things.

Blue_C.
2008-01-07, 12:06 AM
Mi'lassk

"Or at the very least, find out what our bounty this afternoon was. You two can find that out with your usual speed," Mi'lassk says, trying for a quelling look at Dalton. He too, is remembering the incident.

Randel
2008-01-07, 02:25 AM
Dalton

"Well... we can't really properly get the total value of the loot until we identify the magical items... but I think I can examine the non-magical ones right now."

Assuming they are in a room or some place he can examine the items safely he does so.

He gets out the various items and appraises them:

********
sack of 355 gp

8 somewhat old and damaged suits of chainmail. [roll0]
8 heavy steel shields [roll1]

8 composite longbows (+1 str) [roll2]
100 arrows. [roll3]

2 crossbows [roll4]
20 crossbow bolts [roll5]

8 well crafted, but worn longswords. (MW) [roll6]
1 fine mace. (MW) [roll7]

1 metal plaque inscribed with a dragon like head. [roll8]


He puts the magic items to the side to be identified later.
1 very finely crafted and kept breastplate. (MW)
1 masterwork wooden staff adorned with metal, greenish crystal attached.
1 small engraved stick

********

While he checks the items he thinks about how much they might be worth if he cleans them up using either his regular tools or by using his dragonmark ability to repair the more damaged ones.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-08, 11:19 PM
DM

Dalton:

The old looking goblin in charge of the store approaches you. "Thank you for your patronage. Sad to say I don't have any magical or otherwise extraordinary goods available. For magical stuff...umm well the local church practices magic, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold magical items. There's this fellow Sertherrien, a halfling working for the Deneith people. He doesn't have a shop, but I'm sure he has magical equipment. You can also try the smith."

Appraise results:

8 somewhat old and damaged suits of chainmail: About 420, add 80 if you repair them.

8 heavy steel shields: About 65, add 10 if you repair them.

8 composite longbows (+1 str): About 650, add 100 if you repair them.
100 arrows: About 5.

2 crossbows: About 20, add 5 if you repair them.
20 crossbow bolts: about 1 gp.

8 well crafted, but worn longswords. (MW): About 880, add 200 if you repair them.

1 fine mace. (MW): About 110, add 20 if you repair it.

1 metal plaque inscribed with a dragon like head: About 20 gold, but it might be hard to find someone interested in this area.


The first inn you encounter is The Old Bridge Inn. It's a large and busy inn, run by a fast talking goblin. Finding accommodations for the night is easy enough. There's nothing remarkable ,good or bad, about your rooms. The night is uneventful.

Early morning, once you are finished with your morning rituals, you are called to the common room. Waiting for you is a figure you clearly recognize as Norro Wisnton, who's grown a mustache since the last time you saw him. Next to him stands a tall and muscular hobgoblin female. "I heard news of a band of adventurers running into town dragging bandits behind them, I just had to see for myself." he laughs. "How are you my friends. Glad you could make it." his face turns serious. "As it seems you've already experienced the areas around my town are growing ever more dangerous. This is the reason I called you here. The road has always been a target for bandits, but lately they have increased very noticeably, and we've had some raids in the outer farmlands." The hobgoblin interrupts. "We assume the attacks are coming from the woods, I sent some of my men to investigate, but sadly none have returned."

Norro

"Where are my manners, This is Captain Sorrana, she's in charge of the town guard. Like she says, although we have been effective driving back any raids, we have been unable locate the bandits hiding place. This is where I was hoping you could help. "

Norro:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/norro.jpg


map to date:

You are near the red X.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/map-3.jpg

I'll be filling the spots of interest as you get near them.
2: Open air market, mostly selling produce.
3: Nice house, has two guards in Deneith colors standing outside.
4: The Green Apple
5: Smithy
6. Shrine to Dol Dorn
7. Sertherrien's house
8: Jail
9: Stone building
10: The Old Bridge Inn
11. has two signs outside says: "Jarred Sundries"; "General Store"
12: Delora's place.
13: Wooden building.
17: Jendar's Warehouse.
18: Sterrell's provisioning

Neftren
2008-01-09, 09:06 PM
Jathrax

Gazing around at the town, he marvels at it's rustic yet modern appearance. His cold homeland of the north had never been so calm. Even the hobgoblin raids didn't seem to affect much here. Then again, he had never been a good judge of good or bad, being a very blunt character in the first place.

"Well Dalton? What have you learned about this stuff? Perhaps we could fix it up and sell it? We should probably also go find a place to crash, along with talking to the captain of the guard here. Perhaps we can learn more about this Red Hand business. Perhaps we should split up and find more ourselves?"

With that, Jathrax walks over to the open air market and examines the produce, as if it were totally new to him. Actually, most of it was, but that was besides the point. It was nicer than the bland vegetables of the Frostfell.

Randel
2008-01-09, 11:42 PM
Dalton

The artificer does a thorough check on the items and makes up a quick sheet, he lets everyone see it if they want to check his work.


now - add if repaired
8 chainmail 420, 80
8 steel shields 65, 10
8 composite longbow(+1 str)650, 100
2 crossbows 20, 5
8 MW longswords 880, 200
1 MW mace 110, 20
======================================
2145/ 415


1 plaque 20 - hard to sell
60 arrows 3
20 bolts 1

2145 - total items
+355 - coins
+ 2 - 40 arrows
====
2502 - total
/ 6 - people
====
417 - even split



"Well, according to my appraisal and calculations... with the coins and the value of the weapons and armor, if we split it evenly six ways... and sell 40 of the arrows we got... we each get 417 gp from the mundane gear."

He makes the last few notes on his little sheet of paper. "We also have 20 crossbow bolts, 60 arrows, and this metal plaque that I left out... I suggest we just kind of split up the ammo to whoever uses it and maybe keep the plaque... it looks like it would be hard to just pawn it off and it might come in handy somehow, if we find a buyer we split the proceeds six ways when it happens."

"If anyone sees something here that they want, just buy it back at how much we would sell it for."

Finishing his appraisal, Dalton stops to see if anyone wants any of the looted items. He also looks to Huukec to see how the spellcaster is doing with the magic items.

Random NPC
2008-01-10, 01:45 AM
Maor Moonclaw

When the appraisal was going on he only said to Dalton. "Do as you wish with everything and split everything evenly, but, we better keep that dragon symbol with us. It could be handy in the future." And those were the only words spoken by the Shifter. He felt uneasy on Daargur.

======

Next morning he woke up early and prayed shortly, giving thanks for the prey in the previous day and hoping to get more today. After that he played for a minute on his ocarina to remember the fallen and his native land. He got dressed up and walked downstairs.

When meeting Norro he gave him a smile and a slight nod full of respect. Norro has given him the means to find food and shelter. From the House Deneith and everyone involved, it is Norro who he trusts the most, no matter his preferences.

"... we have been unable locate the bandits hiding place. This is where I was hoping you could help."

"When we questioned the bandits, our mage found out some names, among them the Vraath ruins. They seem to have a base there. If you could provide us with locations, we could do our jobs, but if the Hobbos we brought yesterday are still alive, our goblin mage will get locations."

Always the professional.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-10, 02:55 PM
DM

Jathrax:


The produce is fresh, but nothing out of the ordinary.


Norro

"Impressive work...Vraath hmm that's both odd and worrisome. Vraath Keep, as it is known locally, is closer that we imagined the bandits would be. It's weird because last time we had trouble with bandits in the woods they were trying to stay as far from the keep as possible, according to the locals the place is haunted by the ghost of its last lord. That they are staying in the keep also brings good news, what's left of the place is rather small, and if they are this close their raids have not been numerous enough to support a large band. I assume the band might be a few dozen strong.

Sorrana

"I will order more men and patrols to the north side of town if the raiders are coming from Vraath." The hobgoblin salutes Norro and leaves.

Norro

Norro signals to a servant who had been out of view. He approaches carrying some bags from which Norro pulls out a map. "Ahh here we go, go. Getting to the keep is not very hard. This part of the dawn way is largely unused, and not very well kept, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. These here are trails mostly used by hunters, you may use those if you wish, but i recommend the road." Norro hands the map to the party. "As for your payment, I assume you're not doing this for free, we can offer you 600 gold pieces each and I have a few magic potions and scrolls to assist you." he hands the party a bag. "I would appreciate if you resolved this matter as fast as you can. Do you have any more questions?"

map:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/witchwood.jpg

Remember to flip horizontally.
E is the keep.
A is the road.
B are the trails.


bag:

2 scrolls labeled: cure light wounds.
2 scrolls labeled: identify.
2 scrolls labeled: obscuring mist.
2 scrolls labeled: silent image.
2 potions labeled: cure light wounds.
1 potion labeled: darkvision.

kpenguin
2008-01-11, 01:01 AM
Huukec

Huukec went to sleep early last night and woke up early in the morning. After spending an hour in silent study, Huukec begins working on identifying the magic items. When the party is called to the common room, Huukec decides to stay and finish his work

OOC: Okay, its going to take me an hour each to identify the items

Mavian
2008-01-11, 01:42 AM
Before the meeting in the common room, Tal's going to wander around the town, not really going anywhere in particular, but trying to find out anything he can about either the Red Hand, Vraath, or any of the other things that came up in questioning the hobgoblins.



Gather Information Check - [roll0]
He's willing to grease palms, paying up to 5 gold to each person for information.
It'll take him [roll1] hours

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-11, 12:21 PM
DM

Huukec:

((Go ahead and say you identified them before the meeting))


Mavian

You can only manage to find information about the Vraath keep, the population seems completely ignorant about the red hand.

Vraath keep: The keep was ruined before any of the town's residents had arrived here. Pretty much everyone you question considers the place haunted, some say the ghosts of all it's last inhabitants still reside within the keep, but most just say it's haunted by the ghost of it's last lord, no one knows the name other that he was a Vraath. They say the ghosts can be heard during the night if you get to close to the keep. You can't find anyone who has actually been to the place.

There is also disagreement about how is became ruined. Some say it just happened during a battle in the last war, others nature itself destroyed the fort.

Blue_C.
2008-01-11, 05:20 PM
Mi'lassk

After spending some time in the water, which is as close as he can get to nature inside the town, Mi'lassk spends the morning trying to find out as much as possible about the surrounding area before the meeting. Not knowing where their goal is (then), he doesn't ask specific questions, except for the condition of the main roads leading away form Drellin's Ferry

Neftren
2008-01-11, 05:41 PM
Jathrax

Spending the morning in his room meditating, his attitude subtly changes as his maneuvers change. Snapping the blade manual shut, he slowly ventures outside to wander the town, looking for any exotic goods or things that might be of use to him.

I will be changing my maneuvers right around now, but if you need me to post, I'll check back in a bit.

kpenguin
2008-01-11, 10:00 PM
Huukec

Huukec manages to identify the items before the meeting.

OOC: What do I identify?

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-12, 12:30 AM
DM

Mi'lassk

Wanting to get closer to nature, you are made aware of a small clearing near the woods. Should you approach it you will find a large circle of stones, menhirs to be exact. They along with the rest of the area seem to be very well taken care of, in this place you feel closer to nature than you had in a long while. Asking around should reveal that this menhirs are known as the old ones, and are tended regularly by a druid named Avarthel.

Asking about the roads you find out many are worried about the increasing attacks, but most trust the town and House Deneith can take care of it.


Jathrax

You can;t really find any store selling anything you'd consider exotic, you are able to find plenty of mundane goods for sale though.


Huukec

There were 3 magical items:
Breastplate = +1 Breastplate
Stick = Wand of cure light wounds (24 charges)
Crystal:
"This crystal seems to contain an incandescent green fluid"
Crystal of acid assault lesser: if attached to a weapon it deals an extra 1d6 acid damage. The weapon must have at least a +1 enhancement bonus. It takes a move action to attach the crystal to a weapon, only one crystal per weapon.

Randel
2008-01-12, 02:21 AM
Dalton

After appraising the items the previous day, Dalton used his dragonmark to repair one of the masterwork swords and in the morning repairs another sword.

He then sells the two repaired longswords and all the items except the nonrepaired swords and the mace.





8 chainmail 420
8 steel shields 65
8 composite longbow(+1 str)650
2 crossbows 20
2 repaired longswords 270
20 arrows 2
================================
1427 gp

1427 gp - money from sold loot
+355 gp - coins in loot
====
1782 gp - cash from loot


Dalton decides to keep the remaining 6 longswords and mace as
his share so he can repair them and sell them later. (770 gp if sold as is,
he puts 353 gp into the loot pile)

770 gp - the value of remaining weapons
-417 gp - Daltons share of loot
===
353

1782 - cash from loot
+353 - money dalton adds
====
2135 - total
/ 5
====
427 gp - the share each of the others get. A little bigger than normal
due to the added value from repairs.




He the buys the 6 swords and the mace from the group with his share of the loot and 353 gp. Dalton gives each of the others 427 gp.

kpenguin
2008-01-13, 06:56 PM
Huukec

"I have identified the properties of the magical items. The armor has a minor enchantment that improves its defenses. The stick is a wand that may be used to cast the spell 'cure light wounds' no more than 24 times. The crystal is enchanted to grant any weapon it is attached to a corrosive surface that will scald your foes"

OOC: +1 Breastplate, Wand of Cure Light Wounds (24 Charges), Lesser Crystal of Acid Assault

Random NPC
2008-01-14, 12:03 AM
I guess I must sound like an ass, but would you all Fast Forward to our scene with Norro? I am assuming this all happened before the meeting. It would be kinda rude to have that happening. Either way, If nobody needs the crystal, I could take it.

kpenguin
2008-01-15, 08:38 AM
Huukec

Being in his homeland makes Huukec a very happy goblin. He smiles at seeing the faces of kin walking through the town, though the Cyran architecture is a bit offsetting.

However, his mood fades as he sees Norro and remembers the business at hand.

"Norro, the bandits that attacked claimed allegience to some 'Red Hand'. Do you know anything of this? I have not heard anything like this when I was last in Darguun, so I hope it is some local rogue warlord or such."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-15, 11:19 AM
Norro

Red Hand? Umm I believe some survivors of the last raid said they heard the raiders call themselves something similar. We assumed it was just a name these band decided to call themselves and gave it no further importance. I don't believe I have heard anything else regarding any "red hand". Do you have a reason to think it might be more than that?"

Blue_C.
2008-01-15, 01:50 PM
Mi'lassk

"I can't imagine they just picked that name out of a hat, but if you don't know, we can research it later, I suppose. There is also something that bothered me about that ambush. Hurrek," he says, nodding towards the goblin, "mentioned that they said they did not, how did it go? They did not 'bow to any Kech Volarr dog.' Have you heard of any splinter groups operating in this area before? That might allow us a lead on who they are."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-15, 07:10 PM
Norro

"Well no, not out of a hat. I assume some thought went into selecting this name. Well if you think there might be something to the name I'll ask around about the name. There are a few Dhakaani, Kech Shaarat I think, clans up in the Wyrmsmoke Mountains", we assumed these raiders were part of one of those clans. There's very little we can do to the tribes in the mountains and we are content just keeping them out of the woods.

kpenguin
2008-01-16, 09:23 AM
Huukec

"
Kech Shaarat, eh? No wonder they paid respect neither to the Lhesh nor Kech Volaar.

Well, when I read the thoughts of the three we handed over to you I found out a bit.

The Red Hand believe themselves to be elite and enlightened goblins. Utter foolishness one could expect from Kech Sharaat.

Interestingly, a red hand is used as a symbol by some tribes in Argonessen, the land of dragons. The holy symbol carried by one of the bandits is inscribed with dragon heads, so there may be a definite connection.

They are lead by Koth, a robed bugbear. Probably a wizard or a priest or something."

Random NPC
2008-01-16, 12:00 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor crossed his hands and watched the conversation going back and fort, trying to put pieces together.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-16, 12:55 PM
Norro

"...Argonessen?...A connection to Argonessen seems very odd. I doubt many of these bandits know about the place, but a draconic symbol is very troublesome, could very well be dragon bellow. Do you still have this symbol? I could investigate about it while you check out Vraath."

Norro makes a gesture towards his servant who begins to pack Norro's gear.

"As you can see in the map you can get to Vraath in about a normal day's travel. If you have no further questions I have other business to attend to. Drellin's ferry would owe you if you can rid us of this problem."

maps to date:

Town:

You are near the red X.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/map-3.jpg

I'll be filling the spots of interest as you get near them.
2: Open air market, mostly selling produce.
3: Nice house, has two guards in Deneith colors standing outside.
4: The Green Apple
5: Smithy
6. Shrine to Dol Dorn
7. Sertherrien's house
8: Jail
9: Stone building
10: The Old Bridge Inn
11. has two signs outside says: "Jarred Sundries"; "General Store"
12: Delora's place.
13: Wooden building.
17: Jendar's Warehouse.
18: Sterrell's provisioning


Overland:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/witchwood.jpg

Remember to flip horizontally.
E is the keep.
A is the road.
B are the trails.



((OOC: Once you are finished here, should I advance you to out of town, or does anyone still have business in town? Vraath Keep is about 16 miles away, so it should be about 8 hours travel walking.))

Neftren
2008-01-16, 04:06 PM
Jathrax

I've been pretty busy with exams and all. I should be back to a regular posting rate now that they're over.

After receiving the gold from the sales, Jathrax wanders the town looking for Martial Scripts and Scrolls, hoping to add to his repertoire of moves. He also wanders the town looking for more information on the hunter's trails and the main road to the Vraath ruins, as well as any information on bugbear magic users.

kpenguin
2008-01-16, 05:32 PM
Huukec

"Say, Norro, is there any place in this town that I could exchange this for coin"

Huukec holds up his letter of credit.

"I don't suppose there's a Kundarak outpost here?"

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-16, 06:23 PM
DM

Jathrax


You can't find any store selling scripts, but you do hear there are a few Deneith martial adepts in town. You find them going to one of the House Deneith training facilities. One, a hobgoblin female, is actually a blade scholar, but seems wary of sharing maneuver's with you until a superior informs her you are oneof the group Norro called. She will let you copy the following maneuver/stances :

Moment of perfect mind : 50 gp
Mighty Throw: 50 gp
Wolf fang Strike: 50 gp
Blistering Flourish: 50 gp
Stance of clarity: 50 gp

Hatching Flame: 100 gp
Drain Vitality: 100 gp
Claw at the moon: 100 gp

Dance of the spider: 150 gp
Shadow Garrote: 150 gp


Norro

"No, I fear there is no Kundarak presence at the moment. The closest outpost I think is in Brindol just across the Border. You can try trading it to one of our merchants, but they are unlikely to give you full value."

((I'm not completely sure how passing a note to another owner works, but if it does you can probably trade it to a merchant for 90% of its value.))

Neftren
2008-01-16, 07:07 PM
Jathrax

Jathrax spends a day copying the Shadow Garrote maneuver into his Blade Manual. While not entirely comfortable with allowing a stranger to touch his manual, he knew he had to compromise and then handed over 427gp to the master of the training facility.

Changed my Readied Maneuvers on the Sheet.

Randel
2008-01-17, 01:32 AM
Dalton

"I have the plaque right here." Dalton pulls out the plaque and hands it to Norro.

If the others are staying another day here, Dalton tries to repair the remaining swords the best he can for resale.

Blue_C.
2008-01-20, 04:19 PM
Mi'lassk

After the meeting, and Mi'lassk takes some of his money in hand, and, predictably, spends it on the mule.

"I need to purchase a pack saddle for a mule, please," he tells the person in the general store, "riding. Do you have one?"


417-15g=402 gold.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-20, 09:19 PM
Day 3

After a day of resting, laboring, and shopping you head out for the ruins of Vraath. The road you are currently traveling, the Dawn way, cuts through the wester portion of the Witchwood for about 40 miles. It is broad, level and clear. Every few miles you encounter rudimentary shelters, probably built by traveler.

Travel for the first few hours is relatively safe, and you are soon approaching the first river crossing. A wide expanse of dark water has flooded the woodland in this low valley. Trees still protrude from the calm dark waters here and there, but many large reaches seem to be little more than algae-choked water. The thrill of frogs and the whine of insects fills the air. The forest road leads right down to th edge of the flooded section, up to a rickety-looking causeway made of thick planks of wood lashed together with mossy rope. The wooden causeway runs for several hundred feet though the boggy patch, only a foot or so above the water.

Up ahead you can make out the wreckage of a wagon lying on its side and half sunk in the flooded forest, about 30 feet from the causeway.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Hydra-2.jpg

Terrain details (key at the top of the map)

Causeway(the planks) is somewhat sleek and uneven. DC 10 balance to run or charge, failure means the character can't move that round.

Shallow bog Each square costs two squares of movement, tumble DC's increase by 2.

Deeper Bog Each square costs four squares of movement, tumble is impossible.


Same colors as last time. I rolled spots and listen for you, nothing of interest is either seen or heard apart from the half sunken wagon. The wreckage doesn't seem to be to old.

Map of the Witchwood

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/witchwood-2.jpg

You are near the red x.

Mavian
2008-01-20, 10:30 PM
"You know, back in town, they told me that this Vraath place was haunted. Vampires consorting with demons and the like. Maybe their zombies broke loose from there control and went on a rampage, waylaying a poor merchant and eating his brains before making love to his horses. Or maybe it was just more of those buffoons we saw previously "

Tal's going to draw his sword and rapier while glancing around the surrounding again.

"Also, why would any self-respecting wagoner drive there wagon into a bog when there's a perfectly good bridge right here?"

Neftren
2008-01-20, 10:35 PM
Jathrax

Wandering slowly out onto the bridge, Jathrax examines his surroundings, preparing to strike at anything that attacks him.

kpenguin
2008-01-20, 11:12 PM
Huukec

"I got a bad feeling about this..."

Huukec makes a few slight gestures and utters an incantation. His eyes glow blue as he peers out into the bog.

OOC: Arcane Sight

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-20, 11:20 PM
DM

Huukec:

You sense several auras, 3 to be exact, near the wagon, just under the bog. One is a faint abjuration aura, another a faint transmutation aura, the third one is also faint from the divination school. All three are fairly closely packed near the wagon.

kpenguin
2008-01-20, 11:24 PM
Huukec

"I detect faint auras of magic near the wagon, but no where else. Whatever did this is probably gone."

Mavian
2008-01-20, 11:30 PM
"Or they're hiding under the water using some kind of reed tube breathing apparartus to lull us into a false sense of security while crossing the bridge, only to jump us with our pants around are ankles as we're halfway across. At least that's what I'd do if I was in charge of the bandits. Not that I've ever lead a bandit group before."

kpenguin
2008-01-20, 11:32 PM
Huukec

Huukec raises an eyebrow.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-21, 10:04 PM
Dun dun dun

Surpirse Round:

Suddenly it seems as if the swamp itself rises. Something you can only recognize as a mass of tendrils and vines begins to approach the group. Suddenly part of this mass shoots forward, becoming a net-like device during flight and smacking Jathrax right in the face. SPLAT!


Jathrax is now entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled).
Full round action to break, DC 20 strength or escape artist.


Creature (slightly darker green):
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/Spawn.jpg

Round 1:

Initiative:
Creature
Mi'lassk
Tolarian
Jathrax
Dalton
Maor
Huukec

Mi'lassk

Knowledge results: This Mobile mass of vines is a vinespawn, a skilled and cunning hunter.

A vinespawn has a vicious slam attack and can hurl parts of its own body at opponents as vine nets. It can engulf opponents by simply rolling over them, trapping and crushing creatures within its mesh body.

Vinespawns do not feed on living creature, but those they hunt suffer a more grisly fate. Vinespawns reproduce by spawning within a living host, which becomes a new vinespawn within four days.


Maor

Knowledge results: you are aware this is a creature. (nat 1 :smalltongue: )


The creature moves closer to the group and swings part of its body towards Tolarian, causing a substantial amount of pain. Tolarian takes [9] damage.

((All the PCs go now, the lighter area around the creature is its reach.))

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Hydra-3.jpg

Mavian
2008-01-21, 10:51 PM
Since I don't think anything I do will change Mi'lassks round.

Tal - Round 1

Move Action
Move to D8 going C12->D11->D8
Tumble Check to Avoid AoO - [roll0] - well, at least I took the AoO instead of a caster :smalleek:

Standard Action
Daunting Presence.
If it has an int score it needs to make a DC 15 will save or be shaken for 10 minutes.

kpenguin
2008-01-21, 11:48 PM
Huukec

"Anybody have any idea what that thing is? Quite an interesting specimen. Pity we have to destroy it."

Huukec pulls out a feather, makes a few incantations and gestures, then boosts himself quickly 60 ft. straight up into the air.

OOC: Fly

Randel
2008-01-22, 01:17 AM
Dalton

Dalton fires his crossbow at the creature and reloads.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Neftren
2008-01-22, 08:42 AM
Jathrax

Jathrax struggles to break three from the entangling vines, but fails to break free.

Strength Check: [roll0]

Random NPC
2008-01-22, 09:36 AM
Maor Moonclaw

"By the Dragon within! What in Eberron is that thing?" Maor shouts. He then moves away from the group, takes out his bow and arrow and prepares to shoot the vineswamp down. "The thing looks plant-like. Will our druid know anything about this?"

The shot flies straight to a soft spot on the vinespawn's neck


I'm sorry for the absence on my part. Some drunk driver crashed into a phone pole at 1 am sunday morning and I've been down since then. I can only post now at school, but worry not, for I am at my school all day.

Well, let's get this started

By the by, is that vine thing an evil outsider? If it is, well, then add 2 to damage.

Actions

Moved to H12

Attack:(1d20+10)[30] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3820643&postcount=37)
Crit Confirmation: (1d20+10)[14] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3820648&postcount=38)
Damage:
(1d8+3)[9]

(1d8+3)[7]
(1d8+3)[11] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3820681&postcount=39)
If it didn't pass through, take the first roll. If it is a critical hit, total damage is 27

vinespawn is considered flanked by me.

Blue_C.
2008-01-22, 04:08 PM
Mi'lassk

"Our druid would indeed. It is called a vinespawn, it can throw parts of its body at us like a net, smack you around, or simply roll over you like an ooze. There's more, but you don't want to know the rest. Just kill it and get him out of there."

Turning to the mule, he tells it, "Guard," while pointing to Huurec. It seems to understand. It glares, but that's because it is a mule, and a lazy one at that.

As for himself. "My grandfather always said of plant creatures: when in doubt, set it on fire," he says as a blade of blue, licking flames form in Mi'lassk's hand.


Move Action: Handle Mule to Guard Huurec.
Standard Action: Cast flame blade.
Making adjustments to my character sheet based on price (I misread the price column for a pack saddle) and damage for my shapeshift forms.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-22, 04:19 PM
Round two

Tolarian: Talorian tries to tumble away, but slips on the slick wooden planks giving the creature just enough of an opening to smack him with some vines. Tolarian takes [9] more damage. The creature does not appear particularly scared of Tolarian.

Dalton: Dalton's bolt strikes the creature, it cuts a few vines before disappearing into the creature. It seemed mostly unaffected by the attack

Maor: Maor's arrow hits with great strength and precision, but in the end it just manages to cut that vine before disappearing into the creature. The attack deals slightly more damaging than Dalton's. ((This was edited, I misread something))

Creature: The creature lumbers into the bridge, and tries to make its way towards its entangled target. It stops just short of its target, conflicted between the crushing the poor elf, and the fear of the druids fire. For now it is content to swing its vines at the elf. They strike the entangled elf for [14] damage.

Initiative:
Creature
Mi'lassk
Tolarian
Jathrax
Dalton
Maor
Huukec

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Hydra-4.jpg

Terrain details (key at the top of the map)

Causeway(the planks) is somewhat sleek and uneven. DC 10 balance to run or charge, failure means the character can't move that round.

Shallow bog Each square costs two squares of movement, tumble DC's increase by 2.

Deeper Bog Each square costs four squares of movement, tumble is impossible.

Random NPC
2008-01-22, 06:19 PM
Maor Moonclaw

"Damn this creature." He says while he moves carefully back 15 feet into the middle of the causeway. He then prepares another arrow and releases it on the vinespawn. "Die, you beast!" The arrow flies directly at the creature's back.


"Goblin! Burn that thing!" He screams at the flying Huukec.



In my move action I moved to K13

Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[21] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3823120&postcount=40)
Damage Roll: (1d8+3)[11] & (1d6)[4] sniper damage. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3823149&postcount=41)

Sniper damage is awarded since the vinespawn is in melee. The vinespawn is concidered to be flanked by me(distracting attack).

Neftren
2008-01-22, 07:28 PM
Jathrax

Help! Get me out of this thing!"

Down to 12 HP. Hopefully I don't die. Will attempt to break free once again.

[roll0]

If this fails, I'm definitely going to have to drink this potion...
Erm. Is there any way for me to like, use my action points to roll the extra 1d6, or am I confused as to how they work?

kpenguin
2008-01-22, 09:10 PM
Huukec

Huukec yells down at Maor

"Are you mad? You'll all be caught in the blast if I aim a fireball down there. Not to mention the fact that a fireball would destroy the only way across the bog."

Huukec twirls a little in the air while lowering himself 20 ft

"Except flight of course."

He utters incantations, makes a few gestures, and the ball of butter in his hand dissapears.

The area directly underneath the creature is covered in a layer of slippery grease.

OOC: Heh, a 10-ft squares fits the monster perfectly. Casting grease, standard action. Used my move action to lower myself into range.

Randel
2008-01-22, 09:48 PM
Dalton

Dalton quickly casts an infusion to bane his weapon against plant monsters.

using an action point to speed up his infusion, personal weapon augmentation: Plant Bane.

Blue_C.
2008-01-23, 02:37 AM
Mi'lassk

"Huukec, do you have something that can sap this creature's strength? We may be able to free the pale elf easier that way."

To Maor, he says, "as for fire...."


Mi'lassk moves so that he can strike the plant next turn, yet can still heal Jathrax this one. He then casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Jathrax, healing [roll0] damage.

Mavian
2008-01-23, 12:09 PM
Tal is going to keep heading for the wagon. Jumping up onto it when he gets there and trying to find a hunk of dry wood.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-23, 04:14 PM
Round 3

Mi'lassk: Mi'lassk successfully heals Jatharx, while avoiding the creature. ((I assumed you casted defensively, and rolled since you are within reach of the creature)).

Tolarian: Toarian manages to jump on the wagon, but finding a dry piece of it appears almost impossible. It appears the wagon has been here at least a few days, and has at time been completely submerged by the river. Standing so close to that wagon Tolarian notices there is at least on rotting humanoid under the bog near it.

Jathrax: Jathrax manages to break free of the netting. ((It was my bad telling you the DC making you unable to use action points. I rolled one for you added 4 to your roll, deduct an action point.))

Dalton:((I assumed you infused defensively, and rolled since you are within reach of the creature. You succeeded.)).

Maor: Maor's arrow once again hits the creature, cutting a few more vines, and burning it with acid.

Huukec: A bunch of grease appears under the creature, making it slip and fall on the already slippery planks. ((Rolled a nat1 on the save :smallfurious: ))

Creature: The creature stands, drawing attacks from Mi'lassk and Jathrax. Jathrax swings wild, but Mi'lassk connects with his flaming scimitar, burning a few vines away. The creature seems very angry, and unable to move forward it swings with all its might at the half orc dealing [8] damage.

Initiative:
Creature
Mi'lassk
Tolarian
Jathrax
Dalton
Maor
Huukec

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Hydra-5.jpg

Terrain details (key at the top of the map)

Causeway(the planks) is somewhat sleek and uneven. DC 10 balance to run or charge, failure means the character can't move that round.

Shallow bog Each square costs two squares of movement, tumble DC's increase by 2.

Deeper Bog Each square costs four squares of movement, tumble is impossible.

Neftren
2008-01-23, 06:26 PM
Jathrax

Struggling hard and with a short burst, Jathrax manages to break free of the entanglement. Shifting quickly into a deadly stance, Jathrax swirls his blade in a complex pattern. A small ball of flame hurls itself at point blank range towards the vine creature.

Swift Action to switch into Assassin's Stance. Then I'll use my Standard Action to use Fan the Flames to make a ranged touch attack for [roll0] to hit, dealing [roll1] Fire Damage and an additional [roll2] Sneak Attack Damage (if applicable).

Random NPC
2008-01-23, 07:38 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor seems strangely relaxed now. His mind is confident in his shots. He's hunting. Hunting ol' game. Goblins, Hobbos, Bugbears, all of them falling at his arrows.

He grabs another arrow. The crystal attached to the bow created green veins running through the bow, as if the wood of the bow was a living being. It was for him. The string turns green as draws the arrow on the bow. Green veins pumping acid appear on the shaft of the arrow too and the metal point of the arrow seems to be coated in a green liquid.

He smirks a little bit as he releases the arrow. And the veins vanish softly from the bow, like a relaxed muscle, yet still pumping acid near the attached crystal.


Maor started this turn at K13 :smalltongue:

Just so you know, I'm concidering flanking the enemy each time I hit him with a ranged attack

Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[23] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3828532&postcount=42)
Damage Roll: (1d8+3)[5] + Sniper damage (1d6)[3] + Acid Damage (1d6)[2] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3828582&postcount=43)

By the way, that's how I pictured the crystal acting on the wood of the bow in my mind

kpenguin
2008-01-23, 07:44 PM
Huukec

No need, M'lassk.

Pulling out some components, reciting a few incantions, and making a few gestures, Huukec fires an arrow of pure acid from his hand.


Casting acid arrow.
Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+5)[10] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3828599&postcount=44)
Acid Damage: (2d4)[5] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3828607&postcount=45)
I believe that the creature should be flat-footed, right?

Mavian
2008-01-23, 09:00 PM
"I see dead people.... floating in the bog."

Tal's going to poke at the corpse with his rapier before attempting to pull it out of the water.

"How's it going over there?"

Random NPC
2008-01-23, 09:20 PM
Maor Moonclaw

"Quite lovely, actually. I'm thinking of giving this bow a decent name. Thinking of Hornet or something along those lines." He says nonchalantly. He then looks at Talorian "But seriously, come help us or an arrow covered in acid might pass really close to you, half-elf." He snarled, sounding threatening

Randel
2008-01-23, 09:49 PM
Dalton

Dalton takes a five-foot step east to A13, fires a bolt at the monster and then reloads.

Attack:(1d20+7)[9]
Damage:(1d8+1)[8]
Bonus damage:(2d6)[11] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3829227#post3829227)

Blue_C.
2008-01-24, 03:15 AM
Mi'lassk

Reeling somewhat from the damage just taken, the half-orc gets angry. "Mule! Attack!" he calls, before attacking himself. The fire makes a crackling sound as it cuts toward the beast, barely heard in the middle of the Mule's attack bray.


(1d20+5)[7] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3830339&postcount=47)

Yeah, I don't think I'll bother with damage.

On the other hand: The mule moves forward and attacks (1d20+5)[24] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3830347&postcount=48)

Damage: (1d4+4)[5] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3830350&postcount=49)
Every little bit helps.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-24, 12:22 PM
Round 4

Mi'lassk: Mi'lassk's mule manages to connect, but the plant seems completely unaffected. Mi'lassk's flaming blade barely manages to singe a few vines. ((A touch attack on a flatfooted and flanked large creature just barely hits on a 7.))

Tolarian: The corpse reacts as you would expect a corpse to while being poked by Tolarian's rapier. Pulling it out of the water on to the wagon, you notice it is the corpse of what seems to be a hobgoblin. It is rotting, stinking and disgusting as you would expect from a corpse that's spent a few days in a bog. Most of his clothing and equipment has been destroyed by the elements, except for him armor. This piece of chainshirt is still in decent condition, and as far as you can tell made of mithril. It is almost identical to yours.

Jathrax: Jathrax's manages to burn of a chunk of vines near the creature's center. It writhes in agony and anger.

Dalton: Dalton's bolt bounces off one of the creatures thicker vines. (( (A,13) was occupied by the mule by the time Dalton acted, so I moved him to (just off the map,13) ))

Maor: Maor's arrow connects. The arrow itself seems harmless, but the acid manages to burn off a few more vines.

Huukec: Huukec send yet more acid the creature's way. It barely manages to catch a few vines, but enough for the acid to start doing its work.

Creature: The creature seems very angry and very weak. It manages to get a good grip on the greasy, slick planks and surges forward into Mi'lassk and Jathrax. Mi'lassk manages to jump out of the way, but Jathrax is engulfed by the furious vines. Jathrax's finds himself completely surrounded by vines, a common theme so far. The vines around him begin to twist and turn, and then suddenly squeeze. Jathrax suffers [17] nonlethal damage. ((Pretty odd who got engulfed and who jumped out, given their saves.))

Initiative:
Creature
Mi'lassk
Tolarian
Jathrax
Dalton
Maor
Huukec

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/RHD_Hydra-6.jpg

Terrain details (key at the top of the map)

Causeway(the planks) is somewhat sleek and uneven. DC 10 balance to run or charge, failure means the character can't move that round.

Shallow bog Each square costs two squares of movement, tumble DC's increase by 2.

Deeper Bog Each square costs four squares of movement, tumble is impossible.

Random NPC
2008-01-24, 03:18 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor shook his head at Talorian once again, drew another arrow and aimed for the back once again. The arrow was once again coated in acid and suddenly, the arrow was flying once again.

"The thing looks weak, keep the attacks and we'll kill it!"



Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[25] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3832207&postcount=50)
Damage Roll: (1d8+3)[7] + Sniper Damage (1d6)[4] + Acid Damage (1d6)[2] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3832244&postcount=51)

Creature is considered flanked by me

Mavian
2008-01-24, 03:40 PM
"Hey, I was just making sure we weren't going to get stabbed in the back by a bunch of zombies. It would've put a serious crimp in my plans for the evening"

He's going to nonchalantly flick his dagger towards the vine creature.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +3 if it can be hit with percision damage.

kpenguin
2008-01-24, 11:11 PM
Huukec

"Fascinating. The creature is quite agile for something of its size."

Huukec makes some quick incantations and gestures. Three bolts of glowing red energy spring from his outstretched hand and fly down towards the monster.

OOC: Magic Missile.
[roll0]

kpenguin
2008-01-24, 11:13 PM
OOC: Oops, forgot about the acid arrow.

The acid from the Huukec's previous spell continues to burn at the vinespawn.

[roll0]

Randel
2008-01-25, 02:23 AM
Dalton

Dalton takes a 5-foot step away from the creature, fires again and reloads.

Attack:(1d20+7)[13]
Damage:(1d8+1)[2]
Bonus damage:(2d6)[7] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3835411#post3835411)

"I would say its quite agile for a vegetable... and how does it see us anyway? No eyes are apparent and I bet if it senses by taste then that acid must be a sight for sore skin."

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-25, 01:36 PM
From the wrong thread I think:


Jathrax

Jathrax attempts to break free from the entangled mess.

[roll0]

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-25, 01:59 PM
Round 5

Mi'lassk: ((NPCed for a round))
You keep swinging your flaming scimitar, setting fire to yet more vines. The mule once again makes contact but fails to do any visible damage.

Tolarian: The dagger strikes the creature, but it seems to catch one of its tougher parts and bounces off harmlessly. ((This was a miss.))

Jathrax: You manage to fight your way out of the creatures grasp, Luckily just as a dagger, an arrow, and a bolt come flying past. ((They would've dealt part of their damage to you had you been still inside.))

Dalton: Dalton's bolt flies past the creature and the now freed Jathrax burying itself in the bog.

Maor: Your arrow cuts and burns more of the creature, who seems to stumble, but manages to stay on its feet. ((It's at 1 hp)).

Huukec: The creature falls as your acid keeps burning it, the missiles erase any signs of life from the plant.

Creature: Dies. "ROarghhh"

As you examine the wagon you find about 5 goblinoid corpses. It's difficult ot tell if they were allies or enemies. They are incredibly disgusting and most of their possessions have either rotted of been washed away. The three objects Huukec detected are:
1 still shiny mithril chain shirt (abjuration).
1 fancy monocle (divination). "This glass lens is rimmed with gold and has a fine gold fain attached to an ear clip."
1 bag (transmutation). "This worn doeskin pouch hold a few unremarkable pebbles."

Everyone gains 600 xp.

Blue_C.
2008-01-25, 09:00 PM
Mi'lassk

"Alright. Who's bleeding?" Mi'lassk asks his party. He pulls out a small wand, carved from bone and glass, and waves it generally about in the open air.


Anyone below 3/4 health gets juiced with his cure light wounds wand.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-25, 09:48 PM
Mi'lassk:


The first charge heals [7] damage on yourself.
You use the wand on Tolarian, the first charge heals [7] still leaving him under 75%, a second charge heals him for [12]
3 charges used total, I assume you let Jathrax's non lethal heal for itself.

Random NPC
2008-01-25, 11:23 PM
Maor Moonclaw

After finishing off the creature he looks at it with a grin on his face. "Well done, people. We survived. I'm starting to think we are competent enough for this task." An obvious air of sarcasm filled the air. He puts away his bow and takes out his dagger.

Instead of checking the treasure, he goes over to the creature and examines it. He tries to gather as much as he can gather from the remains of the creature. Cutting through the vines to gather as much information as he can.

"Druid, what can you tell me about this thing? I find it quite an interesting beast."


Gonna do a Search roll to see if I can see something in the creature [roll0]

Randel
2008-01-26, 08:27 PM
Dalton

"Interesting..." the artificer examines the objects, first looking at the monocle. "I think... I think I know what this might be."

He carefully washes it off and puts it on, then he takes the bag with pebbles and examines it closely for about five minutes. Seeing if the monocle makes it easier to examine.

Artificer Knowledge Check:[roll0]

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-26, 11:10 PM
DM

Maor:


Cutting through the vines the first thing you notice is how though the are. It takes quite a bit of force into each slice to cut the dead vines. The outer vines are vines are not very different from regular vines apart from their toughness, once you get deeper you notice things that you can only identify as some sort of organs. Its center, somewhat unexpected, except is you asked Jathrax who is closely acquainted with this area, is hollow. There are a series of hollow tube like vines surrounding the area.


Dalton:


You have certainly heard of these monocles before. They are often crafted for member of the Fabricators Guild when they achieve a high position within the guild, or as gifts for those who perform extraordinary feats for the guild. Though not officially a badge of office, those who possess them wear them proudly and earn the respect of other guild members. This one is engraved with 2 letters that you recognize as part of the goblin alphabet, "K.B.".



Artificer's Monocle
Body slot: face

Putting on the monocle is a standard action. When wearing the
artificer's monocle, whenever you successfully use you artificer's
knowledge class feature to detect an item's magical aura, or you
cast detect magic and have at least 5 ranks in knowledge
(arcana) you can spend one additional minute studying the item.
If you do you can identify the abilities of that item as if you had
cast identify upon it.


As you examine the bag its magical auras begin to swirl and you sudenly become aware of its properties.



Bag of Boulders
Activation: standard (thrown)
Weight: 1lb.

This bag creates tiny pebbles that strike with the force of
a catapult when thrown. Each stone has a range increment
of 50 ft. You are proficient with the stones and must make a
successful ranged attack to strike with one. A stone disappears
after is completes its flight. Activating a bag of boulders
is a standard actions that includes both drawing and throwing
the stone.
Each bag of boulders has 3 charges that are renewed
each day at dawn. Spending one or more charges when you
draw a pebble from the bag determines the damage dealt by the
stone when thrown.
1 charge: 2d6 points of bludgeoning damage.
2 charges: 3d6 points of bludgeoning damage.
3 charges: 4d6 points of bludgeoning damage.


The armor is a +1 mithril chainshirt.

Randel
2008-01-26, 11:57 PM
Dalton

"This is quite a find..." Dalton looks at the monocle, then uneasily looks back at to the goblin who had owned it previously. "He must have been a talented mage to have one of these... even I haven't been awarded one of these."

He shrugs, "Could make one though."

To the others he says, "Oh, this is a monocle that lets the wearer identify magic items essentially for free, as long as they have a decent knowledge of magic. This bag creates a few small stones that deal significant damage to anything struck with them. And this chainshirt is made with mithral and magically enhanced."

Random NPC
2008-01-27, 12:11 AM
Maor Moonclaw

"Huh... Quite interesting." He says after finishing off with the creature. He then cleans his dagger and then his hands. However, he's still quite dirty. "I hope the smell doesn't stay."

After hearing what was determined from the loot he voices out his opinion. "I saw our Druid here using a sling earlier, human. Maybe he would want the bag."

How do I smell? Should I go to the pool and wash myself or am I better staying like that?

Neftren
2008-01-27, 08:53 AM
Jathrax

Picking up the shirt, he washes some of the grime off and dons it (if nobody complains).

+1 Mithril Chain Shirt would be worth 1100+2000gp = 3100gp right?
For a +5 to AC and no ACP.

Blue_C.
2008-01-27, 06:37 PM
Mi'lassk

"As I said, this creature is a vinespawn. I've never encountered one myself, though my mother mentioned it to me. She said that they reproduce by spawning inside a living host. I can only assume that is what those organs you're finding came from.

"Jathrax, if you start to feel a little green over the next few days, let me know, alright?"

Mi'lassk rubs down his mule, murmuring his thanks for a battle fought. He also asks Dalton, "Can those stone be used in a sling? If so, I will take the bag."

kpenguin
2008-01-27, 07:13 PM
Huukec

Huukec looks at the vinespawn then up at M'lassk, his eyes brimming with curiosity.

"Really? That's so interesting can you tell me more about these creatures since its such a fascinating creature since it was so agile while being so big and made completely of vines how does it spawn from a living host maybe it feeds off of the nutrients within quite fascinating do you think that the size of the beast depends on the size of the host maybe there would be a smaller vinespawn produced if it infested me then if it infested Jathrax hey do you think Jathrax has one inside of him maybe we can use some magic to detect of course it would be interesting to see one grow but I don't think Jathrax would like that but it would still be very interesting hey do you think it has any connection to the daelkyr normal plants do this so maybe they popped up after the daelkyr invaded your a gatekeeper so you would know this stuff right hey Maor what exactly did you see in there did you see anything that would indicate what the host was maybe something really dextrous hey how long do you think it stayed underwater can these things breathe underwater or do they have to go up for air maybe there are more."

Huukec looks at the pond.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-27, 08:33 PM
DM

((Assuming Maor is slightly ahead scouting))
Time: about 6 pm.

Not long after Moar manages to get most of the smell off and Jathrax changes into a more fashionable attire the group moves on. It takes a few more hours, but it feels you are getting closer. Where the forest canopy grows thin you catch glimpses of a ruined stone building. It shouldn't be much more than a few hours to reach reach it.


Jathrax healed 15 points of non lethal damage.


Maor:

((I have you traveling about 30-50 ft ahead of the party, hiding and sneaking when you sense danger.))

A few minutes after you first notice the stone building there is a slight turn in the road and you go to investigate. Hiding in the undergrowth you see 4 worgs with goblin riders heading you way. They are talking amongst themselves and neither riders or mounts have noticed you. They are about 100 ft away ,as the crow flies. The rest of the party is about 30 ft away from you, still out of LoS from the riders. One speaks, you can't quite make out who he speaks too.

"Volunteering us for night patrol? What was the idea there oh fearless leader?" Trying to kiss some bugbear ass? HAH. Get us all killed 'tis your gonna do." Another goblin joins the conversation. "Yeah! strange creatures in the forest, plus you heard what happened to Zarr and Ulthar. It's not the time to blood volunteer for anything."

You have a surprise round.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/worgs.jpg
(shamelessly stolen form Creamsteak in enworld.)

Brown = the road
Light Green: Light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment. Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way.
Dark Green: Heavy undergrowth costs 4 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment with a 30% miss chance (instead of the usual 20%). It increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 5. Heavy undergrowth is easy to hide in, granting a +5 circumstance bonus on Hide checks. Running and charging are impossible.

Random NPC
2008-01-28, 12:20 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor notices the Worg riding goblins and decides to take some action regarding them. An arrow through the heart seems to be the best action so far.

"Worgs!" He says at his group as an arrow flies.



Attack roll: (1d20+10)[24] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3850414&postcount=53)
Damage: (1d8+7)[8] + acid damage (1d6)[1] Two f'ing natural 1s
Aimed at 3


I will do sniper damage once I get closer to them.

Randel
2008-01-28, 12:33 AM
Dalton

Turning to Mi'lassk he says "I'm not sure if they can be fired from a sling... but it would make sense to design it to be used that way. How about you try it out and see if it works? If it doesn't work then I'm sure we can find a use for it."

He hands Mi'lassk the bag of boulders.

Then he hands the artificers monocle to Huukec, "Here you go, this should help you out in identifying magic items."

kpenguin
2008-01-28, 12:48 AM
Huukec

Huukec holds up the monocle to his eye.

"Fascinating."

He turns back to Dalton.

"Are you sure you don't want it? You did very well at identifying just now"

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-28, 11:57 AM
Suprise Round


Maor: Your arrow catches the goblin by surprise and causes him to sway in the saddle, but he manages to stay on. Their conversation stops as they look for and successfully find their attacker.

Initiative:

Jathrax
Mi'lassk
Dalton
Maor
Huukec
Enemies
Tolarian

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/worgs.jpg

((The party is one move action from the edge))

Terrain details

Brown = the road
Light Green: Light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment. Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way.
Dark Green: Heavy undergrowth costs 4 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment with a 30% miss chance (instead of the usual 20%). It increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 5. Heavy undergrowth is easy to hide in, granting a +5 circumstance bonus on Hide checks. Running and charging are impossible.

Random NPC
2008-01-28, 03:46 PM
((I'll wait for you, people :smalltongue: ))

Neftren
2008-01-28, 05:19 PM
Jathrax

Advancing to where Maor was, Jathrax raises his scimitar and prepares to hurl another of his classic balls of incandescent flame at the goblin Maor just shot an arrow at.

Will advance to... (Z,7). Then ready an action to use Fan the Flames when the opponent enters a square in range.

Mavian
2008-01-28, 05:33 PM
"WHY ARE WE RANDOMLY ATTACKING PEOPLE? I mean, we're in the bleeding goblin nation, you'd think you'd wait a second before just attacking what may in fact be a completely innocent group of people. You MORONS!!"

That said, Talorian is going to draw his weapons.

Blue_C.
2008-01-29, 01:23 AM
Mi'lassk

"Too late now. But...let's try to take them alive, if possible."

With those words, Mi'lassk then turns to the mule. "Attack any who try to come up behind us," he tells it.

The druid disdains his weapons, and his stones, choosing instead to take to the sky in Vulture form.


1 move action to Handle the mule.
Swift action to take Aerial form.
1 move action to fly towards nearest attacker, though staying out of reach (for now).

kpenguin
2008-01-29, 01:36 AM
Huukec

"SON OF A DAELKYR!! YOU CAN'T JUST ATTACK EVERYTHING THAT COMES AROUND!! DAMN THAT THICK SKULL OF YOURS, MAOR!!"

Huukec turns to M'lassk.

"Gatekeeper, please restrain our comrades, with magic if necessary. I'll try to deal with my folk as nonviolently as possible."

Huukec begins casting and a cloud glittery dust appears around the goblins.

"Stay right there and we won't hurt you. I will try and restrain my companions, at least." Huukec calls out to the goblins.

OOC: Casting glitterdust, centered on the point between 2&3.

Random NPC
2008-01-29, 08:47 AM
Maor Moonclaw

He stops and does not attack. "Goblin. These are Worg riding Hobbos. They are close to the ruins where no townsfolk goes in. Also, Norro did not mention anything about sending reinforcements. And if you notice they are coming from the castle towards us."

He draws another arrow.

"If you plan to make negotiations, you better protect yourself, because arrows WILL fly if they try to harm you. As much as it pains me, we need your arcane powers." He pulls the string and the point of the arrow secretes a green liquid.


Ready action to attack whoever does first an attack towards Huukec or Mi'lassk.

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-29, 01:50 PM
Round1

Mi'lassk: The goblins seem to be ignoring the rather large vulture.

Dalton: (NPCed for a round) You move closer to the apparent threat and ready an action against hostilities.

Huukec: A golden cloud seems to burst into place above the four riders and their mounts. Sticky glowing particle attach themselves to their skin and armor, only half of their number manage to avert their eyes. ((You are still a move action from the edge))

Rider #2: "Ahhh! Cease your fire, why do you attack us, we are but humble servants to Ll..." He is interrupted. ((This didn't sound very honest))

Rider #1: "Shut up!... Just kill these."

Rider #2: "I can't see!!"

Rider #1: Seems very annoyed. "...excuses..."

Rider and mount #2 try frantically to remove the glittering particles form their eyes. The goblin is lucky to stay on top of his beast.

Rider #1 pulls a bow and shoots at Dalton, dealing [4] damage to the artificer. He then orders his worg behind #2.

Rider #3 screams in anger as he looses his sight and with it control of his mount who charges forward carrying a helpless goblin on top. Once it gets within Jathrax releases a fiery ball, but misses both goblin and worg. The beast bites the elf ferociously, dealing [8] damage.

Worg #4 starts running erratically, but its rider manages to control him and at least keep him in place while he draws an arrow and shoots at the ranger. The arrow gets lost in the foliage.

Readied actions:

Dalton: Fires a bolt at #1, dealing [4] points of damage.

Maor: ((While no one attacked either Huukec or Mi'lassk I'll allow you to take your readied attack against the one who attacked you, If you decide not say so.)) You release an arrow against the goblin shooting an you, and deal [16] total damage.

Jathrax: You missed.

Initiative: (Changed do to readied actions)

Mi'lassk
Huukec
Enemies
Dalton
Jathrax
Maor
Tolarian

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/worgs-1.jpg

(Tolarian and Huukec are still one move action from the edge))

Terrain details

Brown = the road
Light Green: Light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment. Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way.
Dark Green: Heavy undergrowth costs 4 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment with a 30% miss chance (instead of the usual 20%). It increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 5. Heavy undergrowth is easy to hide in, granting a +5 circumstance bonus on Hide checks. Running and charging are impossible.

Blue_C.
2008-01-29, 05:34 PM
Mi'lassk

Diplomacy apparently dispensed with, the druid swoops forward to attack the closest Goblin.


Attack (1d20+7)[16] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3858940&postcount=55)
Damage (1d6+5)[7] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3858945&postcount=56)

Random NPC
2008-01-29, 10:26 PM
Maor Moonclaw

"Damn It All To Khyber!" He swears in anger. Maor runs into the foliage, draws another arrow, aims and shoots at the Rider attacking Jathrax.

"You Goblins are never to be trusted!"



Moved to W1 and Shot Rider #3

Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[25] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3860268&postcount=58)
Damage Roll: (1d8+7)[14] + Acid Damage (1d6)[5] + Sniper Shot (1d6)[5] = 24 :smallamused: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3860278&postcount=59)

Neftren, if you keep doing all of your rolls in a single post you'll end up with crappy rolls like that

And #3 is considered flanked by me

Mavian
2008-01-29, 10:40 PM
"You claim the goblins can't be trusted, when you shoot at them for no gorram reason? What do you expect for them to just forgive you for shooting them. Why oh why am I cursed with this group of idiots."

Tal is just going to stay where he is, and avoid any attacks that come his way.

kpenguin
2008-01-30, 01:13 AM
Huukec

"XORIAT TAKE YOU, MAOR!! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK THAT WAY OF THE GLORIOUS GOBLIN PEOPLE?!! WE WERE BUILDING AN EMPIRE WHEN YOUR ENTIRE RACE WAS BUT A TWINKLE IN SOME WEREDOG'S EYE!!"

Huukec makes an unseemly gesture toward Maor, then disappears from sight.

For the GM:
Casting invisibility. Huukec moves to 5V.

Randel
2008-01-30, 01:45 AM
Dalton

Hearing the argument he yells, "Uh, guys? we are checking on a bandit castle... and considering that we are in the goblin nation then its pretty likely that these bandits are goblins. And I'm also thinking that since we're on the route to the place these goblins might be bandits..."

he fires his crossbow at goblin 2, reloads, and takes a 5-foot step north.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Random NPC
2008-01-30, 10:42 AM
Maor Moonclaw

"Glorious Traitors and Empires of Greed!" He exclaims with anger. "See! Even now you hide! You are worse than the beasts of the lands!" His features turn more bestial and the tattoos on his skin begin to move slowly, as if the bloodred marks gained life.

"Remember, Goblin. There's no glory in a honorless fight! Even the simple animals know that."



I don't have my ECS book with me, so I don't know, but is Shifting an immediate action that can be done even outside of your turn? If so, Maor has shifted and I believe he has blindsight 30. If not, then I guess I'll shift fully in my next round

And boy is this fun.

Maor: Angry noises
Huukec: Angry noises
Goblin Rider: Tries to attack any of them
Maor & Huukec: Beat the crap out of the Goblin Rider "STFU! :smallfurious: "


:smallbiggrin:

Neftren
2008-01-30, 05:50 PM
Jathrax - Take 2

Grunting from the pain, he swings back with the fury of a thousand fires, counterattacking the worg. A blur of speed, Jathrax then swings his scimitar and shortsword in a brutal cycle, hacking twice with both weapons, attempting to slay the hobgoblin atop the worg.

Using the Fire Riposte counter to swipe at the worg, I'll take a swing for a Melee Touch Attack at [roll0] to hit to deal [roll1] Fire Damage, and an additional [roll2] Sneak Attack Damage.

Will then use Flashing Sun as a Full Round Action to make an additional melee attack.

Scimitar Rolls:
Attack Roll 1: [roll3] for [roll4] + 4 Damage.
Attack Roll 1: [roll5] for [roll6] + 4 Damage.

Shortsword Rolls:
Attack Roll 1: [roll7] for [roll8] + 4 Damage.

Sneak Attack Dice: In sets of 2d6 each.
(6d6)[5][4][1][6][5][1](22) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3864130#post3864130)

Powerfamiliar
2008-01-30, 11:58 PM
Round2

Mi'lassk: You move behind blinded goblin #3 and claw at him.

Rider #1: Continues following the erratic pattern of #2 , and fires an off target arrow towards the vulture.

Rider #2: The worg regains his bearing using his scent, and charges the closest foreign smell, this being the large vulture, It bites a rather defenseles area near its wing creating an enormous amount of pain. Mi'lassk takes [14] damage. ((crit))

Rider #3: Still blind, tries to take a defensive position atop his wild animal.

Rider #4: Manages to once again keep the blind beast from moving and fire towards Maor, dealing [3] point of damage.

Dalton: Your bolt goes wide of goblin #2.


Jathrax: Your sudden and graceful swings manage to cut the blind goblin to pieces, he still hang no unconscious or possibly dead from the worg.

Maor: You manage to shift ((it is a free action, also changed your target to worg number 3 since the rider died.)) Your attack pierces though the enrage worg, staggering and ultimately dropping him, blood drips from his wound and the smell of acid brunt flesh fills immediate area.

Talorian: Successfully stays put!

Initiative: (Changed do to readied actions)

Mi'lassk
Huukec
Enemies
Dalton
Jathrax
Maor
Tolarian

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/worgs-2.jpg

Terrain details

Brown = the road
Light Green: Light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment. Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way.
Dark Green: Heavy undergrowth costs 4 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment with a 30% miss chance (instead of the usual 20%). It increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 5. Heavy undergrowth is easy to hide in, granting a +5 circumstance bonus on Hide checks. Running and charging are impossible.

Random NPC
2008-01-31, 09:29 AM
Maor Moonclaw

Angered by the damage, Maor moves closer to the Rider, ignoring Huukec while being aware of his position. He then draws another arrow and throws it at the Worg, trying to throw the rider off it.



Moved to T4

Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[14] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3867108&postcount=61)
Damage roll: (1d8+3)[4] + Acid Damage (1d6)[5] + Sniper Shot (1d6)[3] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3867143&postcount=62)

Randel
2008-01-31, 11:31 PM
Dalton

Dalton takes a five foot step west and takes another shot, this time at Rider#4's mount. Trying to spook the creature and disrupt its rider.


Attack:(1d20+5)[8]
Damage:(1d8+1)[2] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3870846#post3870846)

Blue_C.
2008-02-01, 05:44 PM
Mi'lassk

Reeling from the bite just taken out of his rear, Mi'lassk abandons his vulture form. He seems to fall straight down, but just before hitting the ground his wings have grown fur, and tucked up underneath his body.

With dripping jaws, he turns on the worg that bite him.


Swift change to predator form.
Rat bite.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Neftren
2008-02-01, 10:42 PM
Jathrax

Using the last of his abilities, Jathrax dashes next to the nearest worg and hurls strands of dark shadow, attempting to strangle him and hopefully stun him.

Targeting the rider of Worg 2, I will burn my last maneuver by dashing to X8, flanking him. Will then use Shadow Garrote against him by making a ranged touch attack for [roll0] to hit, in order to deal [roll1] damage in addition to [roll2] damage. If he is hit, he must make a Fortitude Save of 15 or be stunned for one round.

kpenguin
2008-02-02, 01:18 PM
Huukec

Huukec pulls out a ball of animal fat and summons a pool of grease under the feet of the goblins being attacked by M'lassk. As he turns visible, Huukec calls out:

"You are defeated! Drop your weapons and surrender!"

Powerfamiliar
2008-02-02, 01:59 PM
Round 3

Mi'lassk: The worg is partly surprised, partly frightened as you transform. You manage to bite the it, mostly thanks to its poor defensive position after its reckless charge.

Huukec: Riders 1 and 4 seems to listen to your offer. A grease forms under worg number 2, who slips and falls. ((I'll post their reaction on their turn.))

Rider #1: "I do not surrender, you will not capture me!" He notches another arrow and fires at the crossbow wielding human, It bounces off Dalton's armor but causes some bruises. Dalton takes [1] damage. He then orders his worg and heads for the forest.

Rider #2: The worg stands up, dragging its rider with it, and drawing attacks from Mi'lassk. The druid clamps down on the beasts neck, making it fall once more, filling the floor with a blood and grease mixture. ((Nat 20 followed by nat 17 for a total of [23] damage by Mi'lassk))

Rider #4: His face is filled his fear as he sees his companions either flee or die, and as he hears Huukec speak he jumps off his mount, throws his bow to one side and speaks. "Cease your fire, I surrender, just d-don't hurt me!" He moves his open hands forward in what is a traditional goblin way of surrendering.

His now master-less, and blind beast is not so civil, and charges the first thing it can sense, which in this case would be the wizard. The worg is not used fighting relying solely on his olfactory senses and misses the goblin badly.

Dalton: The blind worg is neither spooked nor hurt by your bolt.

Jathrax: A dark strand appears on your hands and wraps itself around the goblin's neck. It tries to hold the cord back unsuccessfully. He chokes and as far as you can tel dies from your attack.

Maor: Your arrow strikes the worg now engaged with what you belive to be your invisible companion. It growls in angers as it tries to pinpoint the source of the attack.

Talorian: ((NPCed for a round)) You move somewhat closer to the battle.

Initiative:

Mi'lassk
Huukec
Enemies
Dalton
Jathrax
Maor
Tolarian

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Powerfamiliar/worgs-6.jpg

Terrain details

Brown = the road
Light Green: Light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment. Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way.
Dark Green: Heavy undergrowth costs 4 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment with a 30% miss chance (instead of the usual 20%). It increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 5. Heavy undergrowth is easy to hide in, granting a +5 circumstance bonus on Hide checks. Running and charging are impossible.

Random NPC
2008-02-02, 02:20 PM
Maor Moonclaw

Maor is now trying to figure out if he should go for the fleeing goblin or help Huukec.

"Damn it all..."

He grabs another arrow and shoots the Worg, aiming for a kill. "Get out of there, Wizard!" The arrow flies so precise, it seems his anger had guided it.



Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[30] :smallbiggrin: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3878269&postcount=64)
Critical Confirmation: (1d20+10)[29] :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3878280&postcount=65)
Damage Roll: (1d8+3)[11] + (1d8+3)[4] + Acid Damage (1d6)[1] + Sniper Shot (1d6)[1] = 17 damage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3878303&postcount=66)

EDIT: + (1d8+3)[4] = 21 damage! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3878339&postcount=67)

Considered flanked by me :smallamused:

EDIT: I guess I pierced a main artery, so a Huukec should be bathed in blood and the Worg should be slowly dying.

kpenguin
2008-02-02, 03:42 PM
Huukec

Huukec glares at Maor.

"I could have handled that worg myself, shifter, and I wouldn't have splattered my robes with blood. Ugh, it'll take weeks to get rid of the smell."

Huukec spots the goblin attempting run away.

"You there! Stop!"

Huukec makes some incantations and with a wave of his hand four balls of blood red light appear around the fleeing goblin.

OOC: Casting dancing lights

Randel
2008-02-03, 03:53 AM
Dalton

Seeing the goblin flee, he quickly reaches into his pocket, grabs his eternal wand of magic missile, takes a five foot step west to get a better view and fires a missile at the fleeing goblin's mount.

Use Magic Device: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]